PDA

View Full Version : Why is everybody overlooking Boston?

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 01:09 PM
I see everybody crowning Miami coming out of the East,people forget it is hard to repeat as champions.All this Miami talk but everybody forgets about Boston,it took Miami 7 games to beat them last year.I like the pieces Boston has added (Terry/Lee/Green) and they resigned KG/Bass they will have a lot more depth this year and can throw 2 guys Pierce/Green to help contain Lebron.I think everybody is underrating how deep Boston is this year,Miami is not a shoe in this year in the East.

greg_ory_2005
08-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Sure

bluefire7002
08-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Their core (KG and Pierce) are definitely slowing down and are a year older, but we saw what KG did last year during the playoffs. They definitely got deeper this offseason and I will expect them to be in the ECF again.

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree, but I think Knicks will give Miami a run for their money too. Barring their offense is somewhat ok. Offense is the only problem the knicks have to worry about.

jp611
08-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Got a new team to bandwagon?

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Back to boston though, Boston will give miami a real tough time and they will be atleast a top 3 seed in the east.

justinnum1
Boston is pretty much the only threat to miami in the east. Boston-miami will make for a great ECF.

SteBO
I see everybody crowning Miami coming out of the East,people forget it is hard to repeat as champions.All this Miami talk but everybody forgets about Boston,it took Miami 7 games to beat them last year.I like the pieces Boston has added (Terry/Lee/Green) and they resigned KG/Bass they will have a lot more depth this year and can throw 2 guys Pierce/Green to help contain Lebron.I think everybody is underrating how deep Boston is this year,Miami is not a shoe in this year in the East.
The irony of this cracks me up. :laugh2: Clearly, you haven't been paying attention to what an abundance of Miami fans have said since they signed Lee and Terry. Boston, until further notice, is the biggest threat to the Heat in East. But don't discount the moves Miami made. They've gotten deeper themselves.

29$JerZ
08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
You haven't been reading here much then I see.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 01:20 PM
The irony of this cracks me up. :laugh2: Clearly, you haven't been paying attention to what an abundance of Miami fans have said since they signed Lee and Terry. Boston, until further notice, is the biggest threat to the Heat in East. But don't discount the moves Miami made. They've gotten deeper themselves.

Miami only added Ray Allen and a injury prone Rashard Lewis:puke:.Miami already had a lot of 3pt shooters,no doubt Allen will make them better but Boston has got a lot deeper and I think having a healthy Jeff Green will help when playing against Lebron,it will allow Pierce to rest more knowing he has a backup who can help guard Lebron.

Just like everybody said OKC is being overlooked in the West,so is Boston in the East.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Um, Boston is seen by anyone rational as the biggest, if not the only, threat out east to knock off Miami.

SteBO
08-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Miami only added Ray Allen and a injury prone Rashard Lewis:puke:.Miami already had a lot of 3pt shooters,no doubt Allen will make them better but Boston has got a lot deeper and I think having a healthy Jeff Green will help when playing against Lebron,it will allow Pierce to rest more knowing he has a backup who can help guard Lebron.

Just like everybody said OKC is being overlooked in the West,so is Boston in the East.
Really? You think even Boston fans are going to expect Jeff Green, who hasn't played ball in over a year almost, is going to make any sort of significant difference against LeBron when he's playing his game? I'm not convinced. He'd tear Green up imo along with Pierce.

Rashard Lewis is not much different from Antawn Jamison, and no less injury prone than Jamison either. And I'm not going to put any stock whatsoever into how he performed in Washington of all teams. All he needs to do stretch the floor and rebound a little bit; the latter I'm not expecting much because I know UD is going to grab the bulk of the boards.

Boston is not being overlooked on this board. Alot of outside fanbases have acknowledged Boston as a threat, including Miami fans. You haven't been reading in here much if that's how you feel.

heyman321
08-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Lol Jeff Green "helps" contain Lebron???? Hahahaahahahahaahaahhha!!!!

You guys are too much, that is funniest thing I've read in a while.

Punk
08-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Miami added a SG and SF/PF stretch four. Boston added a SG, SF/PF, PF, multiple Centers.

Miami got better but they are still WAY too small.

Boston and New York is pretty much the only threats to miami in the east. New York-miami will make for a great ECF.

Fixed

CTCUBBIES
I like Boston's moves and think they will be a fun team but their are plenty of reasons to doubt them next year.

They have very little size. KG and Bass are not a big front line and their backups are complete unknowns aside from Wilcox.

I went to Gtown and love Jeff Green but he is a question mark until he comes back and proves it.

They lost Ray Allen.

KG and Pierce are a year older.

Most importantly - Boston wasn't that good last year. They had an easy run to the ECF because Rose got hurt and even Philly gave them everything they could handle. In the ECF Miami beat them pretty easily once Bosh came back.

Losoway
i stop reading after jeff green can contain lebron

the celtics have no chance against the heat.

mjm07
08-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Boston is the biggest threat to Miami and IMO are the clear #2 team in the East, top 5 in the the entire NBA. Don't know where you're getting your intel but no one is sleeping on the Celtics.

SteBO
Miami added a SG and SF/PF stretch four. Boston added a SG, SF/PF, PF, multiple Centers.

They're no smaller than they were last year, and they won the title. They utilized their strengths, which was speed, athleticism, and 3pt shooting, and consequently it worked.

Size is becoming a very overrated factor when it comes to team personnell. What good is it if they're imobile and can't run the floor? KG still has some game left in him, without question in my opinion, but outside of him, nobody else on that frontline is worth fearing if you're Miami. And that goes for any other team in the Eastern Conference.

Gritz
Cuz they still won't beat the heat

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Really? You think even Boston fans are going to expect Jeff Green, who hasn't played ball in over a year almost, is going to make any sort of significant difference against LeBron when he's playing his game? I'm not convinced. He'd tear Green up imo along with Pierce.

Rashard Lewis is not much different from Antawn Jamison, and no less injury prone than Jamison either. And I'm not going to put any stock whatsoever into how he performed in Washington of all teams. All he needs to do stretch the floor and rebound a little bit; the latter I'm not expecting much because I know UD is going to grab the bulk of the boards.

Boston is not being overlooked on this board. Alot of outside fanbases have acknowledged Boston as a threat, including Miami fans. You haven't been reading in here much if that's how you feel.

Green wouldn't stop but he is another body Boston could throw at Lebron,last year they only had Pierce to guard Lebron.Miami got better with Ray Allen but he is just another 3pt shooter,Miami already had shooters on their team.Miami is still a small team,lucky for them there isn't many bigman in the East.Once Miami faces a team with size like LA they will have trouble.

I don't know if you were joking when you compared Jamison to Rashard Lewis,yeah they both are shooters but Jamison gets more easy baskets in the paint with his flip shots,and is a better player than Rashard at this point in their careers.

Jays Claw
08-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't think anyone is overlooking Boston. I've got Miami-Boston in the ECF this year.

SteBO
08-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Green wouldn't stop but he is another body Boston could throw at Lebron,last year they only had Pierce to guard Lebron.Miami got better with Ray Allen but he is just another 3pt shooter,Miami already had shooters on their team.Miami is still a small team,lucky for them there isn't many bigman in the East.Once Miami faces a team with size like LA they will have trouble.

I don't know if you were joking when you compared Jamison to Rashard Lewis,yeah they both are shooters but Jamison gets more easy baskets in the paint with his flip shots,and is a better player than Rashard at this point in their careers.
No doubt Jamison is a better player than Rashard at this point. I was saying that both of their playing styles are similar. They're both stretch 4's, inefficient and are both injury prone. Jamison is a much better rebounder of the two, I'll give you that.

Size will give Miami some problems, sure, but you're acting like Miami can't combat that with small ball. They've managed to pull that off more times than I can count. But Dwight is different animal, so I'll wait and see for the two teams to match up before I delv into this further.

Anyhow, Jeff Green would just end up being another sacrificial lamb Doc would have to throw out there to spare Pierce's energy for the offensive end. That's my point. Just having "that other body" isn't going to be enough. That can only work for so long.

kjoke
08-17-2012, 01:50 PM

By that knowledge Joel and Pittman can stop Dwight because they are bodies they can throw in his way.... No.

SoxRTattedOnMe
08-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I like Boston's moves and think they will be a fun team but their are plenty of reasons to doubt them next year.

They have very little size. KG and Bass are not a big front line and their backups are complete unknowns aside from Wilcox.

I went to Gtown and love Jeff Green but he is a question mark until he comes back and proves it.

They lost Ray Allen.

Most importantly - Boston wasn't that good last year. They had an easy run to the ECF because Rose got hurt and even Philly gave them everything they could handle. In the ECF Miami beat them pretty easily once Bosh came back.

I think not. If I recall boston may have been up at the end of three. You can say they gassed out because of their thin bench. Id prefer green guarding lebron by the 3 point line then having Bass go out there just to get blown by. At the end of the day if both teams make it to the ECF its going to b one hell of a series

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
First off, they didn't add green. They re-signed him after he'd been out for a year after open heart surgery, so give him some time (although I agree that he's the right physical build to guard LeBron). They might be deep, but they're also old and have no players as dominant as LeBron, Kobe or Howard. I think they'll do better than New York, New Jersey and even Philadelphia, but not as good as Miami.

JasonJohnHorn
08-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Boston has a solid roster and a great coach. They will do well. But I think a lot rests on how well their rookies perform. Let's face, this offseason they lost Allen and replaced him with Terry. Is that an upgrade? Not really. They were good enough to beat Miami, and if the officiating wasn't so blatantly biased in favour of Miami, then Boston would have won that series. And Miami still has a hole at center and the point guard position (unless they start Allen at SG and move Wade to PG, which is what I think they should do). But consider the fact that NJ has made a major upgrade, NY will have a full season with Woodson as coach (which I expect will maximize that team's potential) and Philly has added Bynum, while the Pacers have a young core that is improving. So unless the rookies that Boston picked make a real splash, they just won't have the pieces needed to keep up with the other teams that have improved this offseason.

They are good, but there are a lot of ifs about this team. And Garnett and Pierce are both a year older.

Big Zo
08-17-2012, 02:31 PM
The only people overlooking Boston is Knick fans that think their team is suddenly good enough to get to the second round.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 02:36 PM
^Oh boy get ready Knicks fans are about to ambush yo @$$.

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
^they should ambush his ***. For trolling knicks fans. It's like they do it to get a rise out of the best fans in the nba(besides philly fans)

balla4life22
08-17-2012, 02:48 PM
First off, they didn't add green. They re-signed him after he'd been out for a year after open heart surgery, so give him some time (although I agree that he's the right physical build to guard LeBron). They might be deep, but they're also old and have no players as dominant as LeBron, Kobe or Howard. I think they'll do better than New York, New Jersey and even Philadelphia, but not as good as Miami.

true but did the pistons have any dominant players the years they won the title? Boston's experience and coaching makes up for it

fruitchops
08-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I'll have to disagree. I think its clear cut Miami in the finals again. If you look at it the Heat will finally be healthy.. and while the celtics weren't healthy last postseason either, the heat had more important pieces who weren't on top of their game (wade,bosh) than the celtics did (bradley).. plus with the addition of two great outside shooters in allen and lewis this team is just going to be harder to defend.. add in the fact that lebron is only getting better and pierce and garnett are on the decline I think miami will be there again

ohreally
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Boston has a solid roster and a great coach. They will do well. But I think a lot rests on how well their rookies perform. Let's face, this offseason they lost Allen and replaced him with Terry. Is that an upgrade? Not really. They were good enough to beat Miami, and if the officiating wasn't so blatantly biased in favour of Miami, then Boston would have won that series. And Miami still has a hole at center and the point guard position (unless they start Allen at SG and move Wade to PG, which is what I think they should do). But consider the fact that NJ has made a major upgrade, NY will have a full season with Woodson as coach (which I expect will maximize that team's potential) and Philly has added Bynum, while the Pacers have a young core that is improving. So unless the rookies that Boston picked make a real splash, they just won't have the pieces needed to keep up with the other teams that have improved this offseason.

They are good, but there are a lot of ifs about this team. And Garnett and Pierce are both a year older.

On the Celts-Miami series, I agree. But once you win the title you generally get even more preferential treatment from the officials.

I don't think the questions about the Celts are even as significant as the questions about every other team in the East that is not Miami. And unless Pierce and Garnett lose a whole lot over the summer, I think the Celts will be a serious contender.

The East has a lot of teams that could explode either way though. Should make for an interesting first half of the season at any rate.

Blitzbolt
08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Pierce/Green to help contain Lebron.

HAHAHAHAHA!

superior
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM

holy ****! i forgot about jeff green....boston will be BETTER than they were last year, ray is old and did nothing but slow them down, the additions of terry, lee, fab melo, sully, and the return of jeff green makes boston a MAJOR upgrade over last year, dont forget sully was supposed to be a top 7 pick until his health was an issue, PS bradley was out against miami in the playoffs and would have shut wade down.......

SteBO
08-17-2012, 03:40 PM
holy ****! i forgot about jeff green....boston will be BETTER than they were last year, ray is old and did nothing but slow them down, the additions of terry, lee, fab melo, sully, and the return of jeff green makes boston a MAJOR upgrade over last year, dont forget sully was supposed to be a top 7 pick until his health was an issue, PS bradley was out against miami in the playoffs and would have shut wade down.......
Seriously? Wade didn't have a good series regardless, so this point is borderline irrelevant.

P.S. I actually like the kid. I think he's going to be a very nice player and major contributor to a championship team.

theheatles
08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
there's nothing about Boston that makes you need to look too long

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
The Celtics are definitely way better than last yr. I still think they need one more knockdown 3 pt shooter off that bench.

smith&wesson
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
miami will beat them this year in 5 or 6 games.

yes boston retooled. but miami also added some nice pieces in ray allen and r.lewis as well its not like they didnt improve.

He115ing
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
cool story bro

ATX
08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
I certainly haven't gotten the vibe that Boston was being overlooked whatsoever, and personally have had them as the 2 seed and to Miami again in the ECF in several offseason threads.

D-Leethal
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I sure as hell ain't. They are stacked. They made some great moves and getting Green back is huge for them.

Losoway
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
boston is a threat to miami??? they couldnt even beat miami this year with rondo and Kg playing out of there minds

no way. miami will easily get out of the eastern conference this year

D-Leethal
08-17-2012, 04:12 PM
boston is a threat to miami??? they couldnt even beat miami this year with rondo and Kg playing out of there minds

And Pierce and Allen doing next to nothing. They had Miami on the brink of defeat down 3-2 and it took an all time performance from LeBron to save the Heat. They were also tied at home going into the 4th of game 7. A few balls don't go in and and a few 50-50 balls go the other way and Boston is in the finals.

Oh yea and Boston got MUCH better. Very realistic that they might be the Heat this year.

selassi3
08-17-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm just saying Boston's bigs will give Miami trouble....Reason being Chris Bosh always gets bullied by Garnett and bigger players just rough him up....Make that guy a non factor and Miami sux.....Miami's only way to win again is to strech the floor, or put Lebron at PF.... And even then I seen Ray Allen break and make history with his shooting slumps so you never know.

Garnett/Bass/Sullinger/Green

Jarvo
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Like I said before IF Boston make the Finals and play the Lakers they're winning.

J4KOP99
08-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Boston's old legs will be worn out by the time the playoffs hit. The Atlantic division is going to be brutal

mets100%
08-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Boston's old legs will be worn out by the time the playoffs hit. The Atlantic division is going to be brutal
And the Lakers old legs will stand because that's the magic of Hollywood and the very deep bench of the Lakers.

RLundi
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Got a new team to bandwagon?

:nod:

RLundi
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Wow.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:05 PM
:nod:

Hey I thought we were cool?:cheers:

J4KOP99
08-17-2012, 05:16 PM
And the Lakers old legs will stand because that's the magic of Hollywood and the very deep bench of the Lakers.

How much of an effect does playing in a bad division have on a good team? Probably a pretty big one, right?

The atlantic division, for the last 5-6 years, has been a complete joke. Boston has been able to win the thing with relative ease. That helps them in regards to any injuries, or even resting certain players.

This year, I think we can all agree that the atlantic division will be one of, if not the hardest divisions in the NBA. Boston's 2 main guys are old. There's no way around it. Garnett has been battling through certain injuries for a couple of years now and we all know Pierce's odometer is getting up there. Boston's pretty thin on the front-line too.

And since you felt the need to bring the Lakers into the discussion, I think a the Celtics having what looks to be a much more strenuous regular season than the Lakers will ultimately hurt them more when it comes to the playoffs.

If you want to talk about your worries with the lakers bench or their average age, head in to the Lakers forum.

Oldmantrash
08-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Just don't see it.

They are old, and I don't see the depth.
Don't say Jeff Green either.
He is a huge question mark.
Can't count on rookies either.

mr.awesome
08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Just don't see it.

They are old, and I don't see the depth.
Don't say Jeff Green either.
He is a huge question mark.
Can't count on rookies either.

How are they old? They have 2 "old" players out of their whole roster.

JordansBulls
08-17-2012, 05:32 PM
We are forgetting about the Knicks as well. Last year Melo cancelled out Lebron in round 1 by both averaging 27.8 ppg in that series. It wasn't until Battier defended Melo where Melo struggled.

Celticsfan2007
08-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I love how people are still using the exscuse that the celtics are "too old" to win it all.

Every year people count them out, yet every year when it comes down to it they are always one of the last teams standing.

Haters gon hate!

bigsams50
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Every year everyone says the C's are too old, and every year they surprise us all. I see them making the ECF at least. They will be a challenge for Miami imo

Aust
08-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Overlooking? A lot of people have them as the 2 seed where imo they belong

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm fine with people overlooking the Celtics. They only do better.

The same thing has been said for three years and they've made it to the Finals and the ECF in two of those years.

chitownredbulls
08-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Fixed

FAIL.....new york is not going to do anything this year....sorry to burst your bubbles....melo is too much of a selfish player...;)

RaiderLakersA's
08-17-2012, 07:01 PM
As far as I'm concerned every team has a shot at this point. Dare to dream...and dream big.

evadatam5150
08-17-2012, 07:09 PM

Seriously..?? Cause they're Boston.. :D

TheNumber37
08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
their core is not Kg and Pierce. its Rondo, Bradley,Pierce, Kg, Terry, Green, Lee

zB_#85
08-17-2012, 07:21 PM
boston is pretty much the only threat to miami in the east. Boston-miami will make for a great ecf.

100%

bagwell368
08-17-2012, 11:25 PM

They lost Ray Allen.

Pretty much.

Boston has no depth at the #4-5, excellent depth at the #1-#3 however.

Boston was a terrible rebounding team (both ways) last year, and will again be terrible this year, the problem is that the FG% is liable to be lower meaning more turnovers due to failed offensive rebounding and more breaks turned at them.

KG has already had two promising seasons since he got to Boston go down the drain due to injury/exhaustion. Even the Championship year, KG had to get a heck of a lot of help from PP to pull it off. He's getting older and there isn't a back-up worthy of the name.

Doc is a fine coach, and Danny did a good job reloading but it's the 3rd seed and bowing out in the 2nd or 3rd round this season.

justinnum1
08-18-2012, 12:07 AM
if they play small which i think they will they have good depth at the 4.

they can play bass and green and even give some minutes to pierce at the 4.

DeyAce
08-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Pretty much Bos-Miami ecf finals every year untill Rose healthy and gets help

bagwell368
08-18-2012, 08:17 AM
if they play small which i think they will they have good depth at the 4.

they can play bass and green and even give some minutes to pierce at the 4.

If they go small, they have to run, but, half the roster can't run, so either you orient the starters and subs by ability to run/not run - or you do what they've done all along, run selectively but mostly walk it up.

Bass is undersized already, and Green is more a #3 then a #4, PP will not play much/any #4. So you have your #4's, but if you think they will rebound/play D against the bigger more elite #4's of the league - dream on.

Knicks21
08-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Boston is pretty much the only threat to miami in the east. Boston-miami will make for a great ECF.

True. But by seasons end, Boston will not be the second seed in the east. They are not a regular season team by any means.