PDA

View Full Version : Who wins GM of the year?

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I have to say it's the Lakers,Mitch signed Nash/Jamison/Meeks and topped it off by trading Bynum for Dwight.

Boston came in a close 2nd with them resigning KG and adding pieces like Terry/Lee/Green/Bass to fill out their roster.

PocketKings
08-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Kupchak or Danny Ferry should be the early favorites.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Lakers GM- Basically stole Nash/Bynum/Jamison

Boston GM- Replaced Allen and improved big time

Rockets GM- Lin move was questionable, I love how their rebuilding though

I'll leave the Knicks out of it, to not sound homer.

A lot of teams did very well this summer, a lot of teams got better. Orlando did the best they could with what they had.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
not David Kahn

Hawkeye15
honestly, Danny Ferry should get a shoutout for turning Atlanta from cap hell to wiggle room going forward. I honestly didn't think Johnson's deal was tradeable until it became an expiring.

29$JerZ
David Kahn

EDUTEXANS
08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Kupchak

ugafan
Lakers GM- Basically stole Nash/Bynum/Jamison

Boston GM- Replaced Allen and improved big time

Rockets GM- Lin move was questionable, I love how their rebuilding though

I'll leave the Knicks out of it, to not sound homer.

A lot of teams did very well this summer, a lot of teams got better. Orlando did the best they could with what they had.

Why would Grunwald get any consideration whatsoever?

Hellcrooner
not David Kahn

why not?

if roy knees hold up and he gets 14 a game.
if kirilenko shows what he showed in olympics.
Budinger delivers.
shved becoems one of the surprises of the draft.
Wolves make playoffs.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 12:17 PM
why not?

Budinger delivers.
Wolves make playoffs.

yeah yeah, let me know when the media doesn't go out of their way to laugh at the guy.

DreamShaker
08-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Mitch Kupchak. Already sown up. Even if the Lakers disapoint, he did his job to make them top contenders.

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 12:19 PM
yeah yeah, let me know when the media doesn't go out of their way to laugh at the guy.

he should be laughed at for not taking the chance on bynum.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
he should be laughed at for not taking the chance on bynum.

I see you fall in line with the media over a rumor....

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Why would Grunwald get any consideration whatsoever?

Because I thought he did a good job?

Didnt overpay, and brought some solid defenders in.

Like I said, I wanted to focus on other teams that did better, but a lot of teams did well.

Wizards come to mind.

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I see you fall in line with the media over a rumor....

david khan is in it. The act is incompetent enough to believe.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Kupchak and it's not even close

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 12:26 PM
My man Billy King

Hellcrooner
08-17-2012, 12:27 PM
My man Billy King

For what.
Trading for the worst contract in the league?
Missing on Dwight?

:confused:

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 12:29 PM
For what.
Missing on Dwight?

:laugh:That was mean.

C_Mund
08-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Kupchak and and Ujiri have to be up there.

PocketKings
08-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I think Ferry has done a phenomenal job thus far. Obviously he didn't make the big bang acquisitions that Kupchak did with the Lakers, but as Hawkeye said, he turned that roster from salary cap hell into wiggle room for the future.

That's not easy to do and on top of that, I think Atlanta is still a legitimately good team moving forward. A good foundation there.

I'm interested to see what he does in Atlanta moving forward.

Weezy
08-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Its Mitch, no question....

Matrix3132
08-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Because I thought he did a good job?

Didnt overpay, and brought some solid defenders in.

Like I said, I wanted to focus on other teams that did better, but a lot of teams did well.

Wizards come to mind.

Who did they sign that anyone would've overpaid?

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 12:37 PM
david khan is in it. The act is incompetent enough to believe.

as I said, opinions like yours are why he would never stand a chance. Making ill-informed decisions based off some beat writers rumors.

juster1028
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM
my response was too homer i will delete it

Purple&Gold24
08-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Dam....im usually no homer...but Mitch caught us cause our team was falling...and falling fast. Great turn around. The celtics also did well....and maybe the mavericks as well.

Ill21
08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Kupchak hands down.

DR_1
08-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Mitch Kupcak will win with Kobe Bryant coming in a close 2nd place.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 12:54 PM
For what.
Missing on Dwight?

Making a non playoff team a playoff team, resigning Deron Williams, resigning Brook Lopez, Resigning Gerald Wallace, Resigning Kris Humphries, and trading for an all star.

Guppyfighter
08-17-2012, 12:55 PM
why not?

Budinger delivers.
Wolves make playoffs.

Ten million a year for a player who has not been in the NBA the past two season. A draft pick for a middle of the road player. They are not good moves. However, can't blame the GM. Kevin Love forced him to make these moves to try to compete this year because he really wants to be in the playoffs, which is only going to handicap the team for the future. BUt at least Klove can feel better.

Guppyfighter
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Making a non playoff team a playoff team, resigning Deron Williams, resigning Brook Lopez, Resigning Gerald Wallace, Resigning Kris Humphries, and trading for an all star.

Wait, he signed Brooks to a max contract opposed to waiting the year out for Dwight and that was a good thing?

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Ten million a year for a player who has not been in the NBA the past two season. A draft pick for a middle of the road player. They are not good moves. However, can't blame the GM. Kevin Love forced him to make these moves to try to compete this year because he really wants to be in the playoffs, which is only going to handicap the team for the future. BUt at least Klove can feel better.

The AK move aside, look at what the 18th pick produces on average, Chase exceeds that. The other players we traded or let go were garbage. Every one of them. By no means am I pumping Kahn for this award, hell no on that front, but the Wolves did upgrade, with a reset button in 2014 salary cap wise, if it doesn't work out. Love is 23, Rubio 21, Williams 21. The future is still just fine if they can pick draft choices a bit better and keep finanical flexibility going forward.

Heediot
08-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I have to say it's the Lakers,Mitch signed Nash/Jamison/Meeks and topped it off by trading Bynum for Dwight.

Boston came in a close 2nd with them resigning KG and adding pieces like Terry/Lee/Green/Bass to fill out their roster.

So far Mitch. I don't know how many points u get for re-signing your own players. Lee and Terry were good pickups though.

Clippers, and IMO Dallas have potentially good off-seasons.

Guppyfighter
The AK move aside, look at what the 18th pick produces on average, Chase exceeds that. The other players we traded or let go were garbage. Every one of them. By no means am I pumping Kahn for this award, hell no on that front, but the Wolves did upgrade, with a reset button in 2014 salary cap wise, if it doesn't work out. Love is 23, Rubio 21, Williams 21. The future is still just fine if they can pick draft choices a bit better and keep finanical flexibility going forward.

Unless the miss the playoffs and Kevin Love ultimately opts out in his fourth year.

D12 fan

Sounds like a legit 2nd round team to me.

dc5jdm
08-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Mutha freaking Mitch is GM of the year and decade!

KnicksR4Real
08-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Not even close has to be Mitch

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Unless the miss the playoffs and Kevin Love ultimately opts out in his fourth year.

well obviously that is worst case scenario, but its at least 3 years from now.

dc5jdm
08-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Close this thread its disrespectful to Mr Mitch the closer, he seals the deal.

SteBO
08-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Can't really deny that Mitch is going to win, as much as it pains me. The man got Dwight and Nash in one offseason without even having to give up Pau. Really the only thing I wanna get on him for after this is just being an old *** theif and creating more bandwagon Laker fans that I inevitably have to deal with now.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Wait, he signed Brooks to a max contract opposed to waiting the year out for Dwight and that was a good thing?

He was a free agent and Nets were over the cap so they couldnt have signed Dwight.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Who did they sign that anyone would've overpaid?

Not going for the Jeremy Lin Poison Pill deal

8kobe24
08-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I vote hennigan. THANK YOU!!!

Raph12
08-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Got to be Mitch Kupchak... Even if the Lakers are eliminated in the first round, Mitch did his job better than anyone else.

topdog
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
I vote hennigan. THANK YOU!!!

Yeah, he made 3 teams much better :eyebrow:

Just kidding... Kupchak is the obvious frontrunner and everyone else will have to wait and see how their teams actually perform. I don't believe anyone was giving Larry Bird the award at the start of last season.

theheatles
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Kupchak put his team through the stratosphere of lux tax paying full price for nash while he already had the highest payroll in the league...Riley got Rashard and Ray for just over $4million a yr and acquired a 1st rd pick for next yr and still has a championship team fully intact, Riles is more deserving than Kupchak

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Mitch Kupchak. Already sown up. Even if the Lakers disapoint, he did his job to make them top contenders.

That and he got the next face of the franchise post-Kobe.

WhiteSoxGod
08-17-2012, 07:50 PM
GM of the Year: Mitch Kupchak

Runner-Up GM of the Year: Daryl Morey

John Walls Era
08-17-2012, 07:55 PM
why not?

Budinger delivers.
Wolves make playoffs.

too many Ifs.

Lakers GM is the favorite obviously, but thats before any games are actually played.

jp611
08-17-2012, 07:57 PM
The season hasn't even started, are you really this obsessed with making threads?

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Not going for the Jeremy Lin Poison Pill deal

Smh @ this... Look at the avg salary of a starting pg in the nba.., Add the fact that he's 23 with upside. Overpay or saving daddy Dolan bucks to make himself look good

Aust
08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Kupcake

Losoway
08-17-2012, 11:12 PM
gm of the year will go to the heat

EDUTEXANS
08-18-2012, 12:30 AM
GM of the Year: Mitch Kupchak

Runner-Up GM of the Year: Daryl Morey

How can Morey win it? He failed in his main goals, land a star, trade up in the draft. Both his major signings, Asik and Lin, are still questionable. Although the draft was pretty good, I don't know how a GM from a rebulding team, who traded away their best player in Lowry, let their other best player walk along with Lee and Camby can win the GM of the year. Actually isn't it Executive of the Year?

WhiteSoxGod
08-18-2012, 12:37 AM
How can Morey win it? He failed in his main goals, land a star, trade up in the draft. Both his major signings, Asik and Lin, are still questionable. Although the draft was pretty good, I don't know how a GM from a rebulding team, who traded away their best player in Lowry, let their other best player walk along with Lee and Camby can win the GM of the year. Actually isn't it Executive of the Year?

Actually I think Lowry was a product of the system surrounding him (as was Dragic is it a surprise they had the best seasons of their career and didn't miss a beat IN THE SAME YEAR). Since this is a prediction, I am predicting that the young fellas down in Houston shock people. I have already professed my love of Donatas Motiejunas, going so far as to call him the Rookie of the Year. I think Asik and Lin after this season will be seen as values.

I think Jeremy Lamb will be much better than Courtney Lee could dream about and Camby is old as Christmas ****. I think the rockets will be the surprise team and while he won't win it (as I said) he will be in contemplation like an honorable mention.

Mave1002
08-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Go figure. And it's not even close