PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mock Offseason Conference Semifinals: 2 Portland Trailblazers vs. 3 LA Lakers

Catfish1314
08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site were randomly assigned the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2012 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

The Blazers have homecourt advantage in this Western Conference Semifinal series.

Blazers Depth Chart:

PG: Russell Westbrook (40)/ Steve Blake (8)
SG: Wesley Matthews (32)/JJ Reddick (16)
SF: Nicolas Batum (38)/Deshawn Stevenson (10)
PF: Luis Scola (32)/Kenyon Martin (12)/Boris Diaw (4)
C: Andrew Bynum (38)/Boris Diaw (10)

Lakers Depth Chart:

PG: Ty Lawson (37) / Jamaal Tinsley (11) / Andrew Goudelock
SG: Kobe Bryant (38) / Terrance Williams (10) / Bill Walker
SF: Chandler Parsons (35) / Terrance Williams (5) / Richard Jefferson (5) / Devin Ebanks (3)
PF: Blake Griffin (38) / Charlie Villenueva (7) / Chris Andersen (3)
C: Tyson Chandler (34) / Chris Andersen (14)

Blazers Write-up:

First off, we would like to congratulate the Lakers and their general managers AP=MVP and ABomb_56 for making it to the Western Conference Semifinals. With that being said, the Portland Trailblazers match up beautifully with the Lakers and should end their postseason run.

Depth Chart:
PG: Russell Westbrook (40)/ Steve Blake (8)
SG: Wesley Matthews (32)/JJ Reddick (16)
SF: Nicolas Batum (38)/Deshawn Stevenson (10)
PF: Luis Scola (32)/Kenyon Martin (12)/Boris Diaw (4)
C: Andrew Bynum (38)/Boris Diaw (10)

Chemistry (Bynum and Westbrook): When one sees Russell Westbrook and Andrew Bynum on our team, one might think that could be a disaster waiting to happen. However, we believe that couldn’t be any further from the truth, as both Russell and Andrew will have the ball way more then they ever had in real life. Without another elite wing such as Kevin Durant and to a certain extent James Harden, Russell will be dominating the offense and will have the ball in his hands as much as he pleases. The offense runs through Russell, and he will be able to attack the lane at will. Ty Lawson has proven to be Russell's *****, as Russell averaged 31 PPG on 50% shooting against the Nuggets this past season. For Andrew this will be the first time he ever has a true attacking point guard on his team. On his old Lakers team being the 2nd or 3rd option with nobody to penetrate, Andrew tended to lack touches. This WILL NOT happen in Portland. Russell will be causing havoc and getting into the middle of the defense. Tyson Chandler, being the defender that he is, will come out and try to help on Westy and leave Bynum open under the hoop, and if he doesn’t come out and help its an easy 2 points for Russell. The offense is Bynum and Westbrook; there is absolutely no doubt about it. It is their team, unlike their current situation with the Lakers and Thunder respectively.

Team Chemistry/Offensive Fit: The Trailblazers lineup consists of players that all fit their roles beautifully. With Russell Westbrook running the offense as mentioned above, we have 2 young athletic wings in Wesley Matthews and Nicolas Batum who not only run the floor well but also shoot the 3 point shot at a solid percentage (38 and 39 percent respectively). Both these two fit the up-tempo style and really are a great fit on the wings. Next with Luis Scola he will be running the pick and pop part of the offense with Russell, and with the open looks that Russell will be getting him, the patented mid range jump shot will be wide open for Scola. Some say Scola declined, but he still shot the ball very well as the only true down low option for the Rockets. Here as the 3rd or 4th option he will be able to get plenty of open looks, assuming they double team off the pick and roll and also because Blake Griffin has no idea how to play a lick of defense. Andrew Bynum will be in the post, waiting for Russell to attack the basket and drop it off to him, and with the help defense that Russell will attract, its going to be dunk after dunk for Andrew.

Defensive Game Plan: The Lakers starting 5 is a mediocre 3 point shooting team. Their best 3 point shooter is Ty Lawson who shot under 37% from behind the arc, and they have absolutely no big men who can spread the floor. The defense will be packed in on them. Russell will be guarding Ty Lawson with Ty playing off the ball for the first time assuming Kobe is the primary ball handler. However, we will be putting Nicolas Batum on Kobe Bryant who has a Pterodactyl wingspan of 7 feet 4 inches, which he will use to contest Kobe's jumpers. Nicolas should be able to limit Kobe, as he is a very solid defender. If need be, Wesley Matthews or Russell can guard Kobe when Batum is resting. With Nicolas guarding Kobe, Wes Matthews will guard Chandler Parsons, although Chandler does have a height advantage over Wesley, as the 4th or 5th option in that offense it shouldn’t be an issue at all, plus Andrew down low will help stop penetration since Tyson isn’t an offensive threat. When you see Luis Scola guarding Blake Griffin, you think huge advantage for the Lakers. However without a clear penetrator on the Lakers, Blake is going to be forced to either live with that horrendous midrange game of his or try to attack the paint with Andrew sitting down low to help out as well. Andrew will be on Chandler and Chandler will not be getting the ball much at all, especially in this offense with Kobe, Blake, and Ty getting the touches. Andrew will be able to be the defensive anchor that he is. Bynum only allows 37% FG against him and .77 points per possession allowed. For comparisons sake Dwight Howard stats are 37% FG allowed and .75 points per possession allowed. The Lakers lack of floor spacing will be their downfall. The Trailblazers will be able to do a very good job locking down the Lakers offense.

MAJOR BENCH ADVANTAGE: I capitalized this for a reason. The Lakers bench is the worst bench put together in the history of basketball. People thought the Miami Heat bench in real life held them back in year 1, this bench will be a MAJOR drawback to the Lakers. Their best bench player is Terrence Williams. Yes, you read that right. The bench guy getting the most minutes (based on round 1 depth chart) is Chris Andersen, a man who recently got amnestied and is still currently looking for work. If we want to compare it position by position, The TrailBlazers have an advantage at every single bench spot. JJ Reddick is a very good 6th man who would fit well with the starting unit as well with his great 3 point shooting and is an energy spark. Steve Blake is a serviceable backup PG for the minutes he will get. Stevenson, K-Mart, and Diaw are all grizzled veterans who know their role and do it well. Just overall the bench is the a huge huge flaw for the Lakers that will ultimately come back to haunt them.

Summation: Overall, the Blazers matchup very well with the Lakers. Our offensive pieces fit together unlike the Lakers and we matchup with them fantastically on defense. Our bench is also not utter garbage. Also for those who like the comparisons:

PG: Advantage Blazers
SG: Advantage Lakers
SF: Advantage Blazers
PF: Advantage Lakers
C: Advantage Blazers
Bench: Advantage Blazers

Blazers lead that 4-2 and that will be the end result once this series is played. We beat the Lakers in our trade to get Bynum, and that will come back to haunt them as we beat them in this matchup.

Lakers Write-up:

Mental Game:
Kobe Bryant was made for this series. Russell Westbrook and Andrew Bynum are amazing talents and awesome #2 pieces to championship teams but they are they ready to carry their own team against Kobe and his new crew? I would say no because all it takes is one mistake to sway this series and both these players have and can make those kind of dumb mistakes. Westbrook has done it before on the biggest stage, Game 4 of the NBA finals. At the end of the best game he has ever played, he intentionally fouls Mario Chalmers to ice the game and the series for Miami, while LeBron and the Heat laugh at him and his teammate Kevin Durant can’t believe what he just did. Lowlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6UlSX_iPc) Andrew Bynum is equally dumb at times and when matched up against the reigning DPOY, Tyson Chandler, he is almost assured to get frustrated. Russell Westbrook will have Kobe Bryant talking smack to him the whole game and getting into Westbrook’s pea-sized head.

http://www.laughlocker.com/assets/0/1/russell-westbrook-meme_1340179944.jpg

Actual Matchups:
Ty Lawson vs. Russell Westbrook
Last season stats
Lawson - 16.4 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 6.6 APG, 108 DRtg
Westbrook - 24.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 5.5 APG, 105 DRtg
Westbrook is one of the best young talents in the league, but Ty Lawson is no slouch either. Lawson is one of the best young point guards in the league and is the perfect offensive fit for me as he can do the fast-break game with Blake Griffin and he is excellent playing off-ball as he has shown in Denver’s 2 PG system with Andre Miller and he is an excellent 3 point shooter for Kobe to kick to. Also Westbrook is a good on-ball defender but he gets caught watching the ball when its not in his guys hands, Lawson will take advantage of that with his shooting and cuts when Kobe has the ball. As has been shown over time the best way to contain Westbrook is with speed that can stick with him. Lawson is one of the fastest guys in the league and will be told to just keep Westbrook in front of him and force him to take jumpers, which he has proven to not be able to hit consistently. Also since Tyson Chandler can guard Bynum (who will stay in the post mostly, except for the occasional 3 pointer :p ) Chandler will be available to help on Westbrook drives. Bryant and Parsons can each also guard him for a little while to mix up the looks he is receiving.

Advantage - WESTBROOK - BLAZERS

Kobe Bryant vs. Wesley Matthews
Last season stats
Bryant - 27.9 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.6 APG, 106 DRtg
Matthews - 14.6 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 1.7 APG, 108 DRtg
Kobe Bryant and his leadership and big-shot ability is the one thing missing from the Blazers and the biggest reason I believe we will win this series. Kobe is getting older but he almost won a scoring title last year and still has many ways to score and with this offense for the Blazers all he will have to do against Matthews is stand with him in the corner and guard him there, because they will be trying to keep the lane open for Westbrook and Bynum. So the Black Mamba can save his energy for off where he does very well against Matthews/Batum (in 3 meetings last year Bryant scored 30 once and 28 once). Kobe will own this matchup and the series as he will rise as Westbrook fails down the stretch.

Advantage - BRYANT - LAKERS

Chandler Parsons vs. Nicolas Batum
Last season stats
Parsons - 9.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 2.1 APG, 105 DRtg
Batum - 13.9 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 1.4 APG, 107 DRtg
Batum is the better player in this matchup, but not by as much as people might think. Batum averaged about 4 more points a game this year. However Parsons had more assists per game and less turnovers. Parsons also rebounded better. Parsons was also the superior defender this season with a better defensive rating and more steals per game.

Advantage - BATUM - BLAZERS

Blake Griffin vs. Luis Scola
Last season stats
Griffin - 20.7 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 3.2 APG, 104 DRtg
Scola - 15.5 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 2.1 APG, 107 DRtg
Blake Griffin just kills Luis Scola in every aspect of the game. Griffin is a very efficient scorer with a 23.4 PER, while Scola’s is just 15.4. Scola is also a terrible defender and while Griffin is far from an elite defensive player, he is still lots better than Scola and still improving, having only played 2 seasons in the NBA. The stats speak for themselves (but if not I suppose the video (www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4rgN3uKbjw) can, Blake owns this matchup.

Advantage - GRIFFIN - LAKERS

Tyson Chandler vs. Andrew Bynum
Head2Head
Chandler - 9.1 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 1.0 APG
Bynum - 9.8 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 0.9 APG
Since these two always guard each other in every matchup they’ve had and a sample size of 15 games is enough in my opinion to show the trends, I used head to head matchups for this matchup. Both had limited minutes during some of these matchups, Chandler for injuries, Bynum for youth/stupidity.
Chandler has clearly outperformed Bynum in previous matchups, as they have each only scored over 20 points against each other once (22 each). Chandler has out rebounded him and frustrated him during many matchups. Chandler, as the reigning DPOY, is also the better defender.

Advantage - Too close to call

Bench-
Last years stats
Jamaal Tinsley 3.7 PPG 3.3 APG vs. Steve Blake 5.2 PPG, 3.3 APG
Terrance Williams 8.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG vs. JJ Redick 11.6 PPG 2.3 RPG
Richard Jefferson 9.2 PPG 3.5 RPG vs. DeShawn Stevenson 2.9 PPG, 2 RPG
Charlie Villanueva 7 PPG, 3.7 RPG vs. Kenyon Martin 5.2 PPG 4.3 RPG
Chris Andersen 5.4 PPG 5.2 RPG vs. Boris Diaw 6.4 PPG 4.9 RPG
They will try to argue that their bench is a big advantage but Terrence Williams was very good last season for the Kings and will fit well as a sixth man. Charlie Villanueva can still come in and score some down low. Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is still all about hustle and defense down low and should be a solid spark off the bench like he has been in Denver. Jamaal Tinsley was solid in Utah, and won’t be asked to play as many minutes here because Lawson is a good PG and can play big minutes. Remember that most the game is played by starters and my whole second unit will never be in at once, at least not till we’ve already guaranteed the W.

Overall-
While Westbrook and Batum hold advantages, they are not nearly like the ones that are held by Blake Griffin and Kobe Bryant. Also even though Westbrook and Bynum have had playoff runs, they have never led a team through the playoffs. Westbrook leaned on Durant and even Harden in crutch time and Bynum had Kobe. Kobe Bryant is a killer and there is still no one better as a closer and he is going to keep our team calm down the stretch and I don’t know who will be able to do the same for the Blazers.

Advantage - LAKERS - 6 GAMES

Catfish1314
08-15-2012, 10:49 PM
For anyone interested in a mild chuckle, might I direct you to the Blazers write-up: paragraph #5, sentence #2.

Got my attention :laugh2:

phlp_bj
08-15-2012, 10:57 PM
lol
PG: Advantage Blazers
SG: Advantage Lakers
SF: Advantage Blazers
PF: Advantage Lakers
C: Advantage Blazers
Bench: Advantage Blazers

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow this is a very close matchup. Can't wait to see who goes to the WCF vs the Rockets :D. Im leaning towards the Blazers but won't vote yet.

PocketKings
08-15-2012, 11:13 PM
This is another intense match-up.

Initial thoughts:

The Lakers absolute lack of depth could really be the killer in this match-up or any match-up. They have 3 players who are quite literally 13th/14th/15th men on bench based players being asked to be role players.

The Lakers have a perfect counter to the 2nd biggest strength of the Blazers in Bynum by having Chandler to negate and contain his impact. One thing though I think about though is that in previous match-ups Bynum hasn't played with the type of dynamic explosiveness Westbrook is as a PG. Westy's ability to get to the basket is going to cause the Lakers' some interesting defensive situations with the idea of "Does Chandler rotate to protect the rim from the drives of Westy or does he stay on Bynum to make sure Westy doesn't get an easy dump off to Bynum for an easy dunk?" I think this is one way the Westy/Bynum duo could be really effective, but I wonder how this would play out.

I really like the floor spacing Portland has with Matthews/Reddick/Batum from the wing position. It'll be very difficult for the Lakers' defenders to just collapse in on the lane to stop a penetrating Westy. I think this is another interesting situation.

The question now is do I trust Westy/Bynum as a 1a/1b type role or do I trust BG as a #2 in this series? Truthfully, KB24 will still get his and I believe Westy would get his as well. So even with the Chandler effect -- who do I like more between Bynum and BG? The answer is easily, Bynum for me.

Then I think about role players contributing and one that sticks out is Lawson versus Matthews/Batum/Reddick.

The Lakers due to their lack of depth really only have 3 consistent scoring options in Kobe, BG, and Lawson.

The Blazers can give a very nice balanced attack.

As of right now, I think I'm leaning Lakers, but won't cast my vote for a bit. I want to think this one through.

Great job by both teams providing write-ups. After reading Portlands (although I disagree with a few things they wrote) I was leaning towards them heavily and then after reading the first segment about the mental aspect from LA's write-up I was almost convinced of Portland because I really don't buy that segment at all, but I liked what AP did the rest of his write-up which caused me to doubt and really think about this match-up. I don't buy his bench not being bad because it is flat out horrible.

Will vote soon.

Sorry, I like to mind-splurge my entire thought process.

PhillyLuver
08-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I think this will be a slugfest. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 11:20 PM
LA doesn't have a guy that can spark the bench IMO. I think the fact that the Blazers have 3 quailty Role players with a solid defender has me leaning towards them. The only thing that me a little hesitant is do I trust Bynum to be focused enough in this series. He hasn't exactly had big playoff games. I will vote in a little bit but Im leaning towards Portland.

PocketKings
08-15-2012, 11:20 PM
I think this will be a slugfest. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

This. After witnessing what happened in the SA vs HOU match-up thread. I fully believe this.

I will say, I know AP isn't one to just let things be said about the Lakers in a negative light without countering so I hope we get some good debate within the thread between both team's GM's.

PocketKings
08-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh & the HCA being in favor of the Blazers really does hold value in this match-up.

PatsSoxKnicks
08-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Westy is more clutch than Kobe at this point. Yeah, I said that. And yeah, its true.

http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT11.HTM

There's more evidence as well, just too lazy to post it.

Chacarron
08-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Lakers because I am a Kobelover....

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Lol at the 82 games reference

Ebbs
08-16-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm torn

PatsSoxKnicks
08-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Lol at the 82 games reference

Idk whats lol worthy about 82games but its a much more legit basketball source than whoever you are.

Also, as I also said, there's more evidence from more legit data that I'm just too lazy to post.

Mr. Baller
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
49ergiantlaker, indyheatjman are ineligible to vote due to being under 100 posts. Everybody so far for Portland is eligible.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-16-2012, 09:19 AM
I'd go Lakers. Both teams don't really have that impressive of a bench and the inside presence of Chandler and Griffin with Kobe on the wing gets the job done.

Mr. Baller
08-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Also, to say Chandler and Bynum is an even matchup is absolutely absurd. I love how you use head to head stats for that one matchup and season stats for the others to try and fool people :laugh2: Most of these matchups came from 05-08 when Andrew was still developing. Since 2010 Andrew has basically dominated the matchup, doubling Tyson in points (a little over 13 for Andrew, and a little over 6 for Tyson) and Andrew averaged 11.6 RPG and Tyson averaged 8.2 RPG. So please don't let AP fool you with that silly H2H comparison.

PocketKings
08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Also, to say Chandler and Bynum is an even matchup is absolutely absurd. I love how you use head to head stats for that one matchup and season stats for the others to try and fool people :laugh2: Most of these matchups came from 05-08 when Andrew was still developing. Since 2010 Andrew has basically dominated the matchup, doubling Tyson in points (a little over 13 for Andrew, and a little over 6 for Tyson) and Andrew averaged 11.6 RPG and Tyson averaged 8.2 RPG. So please don't let AP fool you with that silly H2H comparison.

If you break it up though to an extent, in 2011 Bynum was averaging 11.3 ppg and in his 3 match-ups against Dallas he averaged about 16.7 ppg.

But in this past year's match-up where Bynum averages 19 ppg, he only scored 3 ppg in their lone match-up.

It's a weird thing to look at but to think that Chandler COULDN'T negate or contain a lot of the impact Bynum could have on this series would also be not too smart to turn a blind eye too.

Mr. Baller
08-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm not turning a blind eye to it but what AP did was very deceiving and I just wanted to point that out

xxplayerxx23
08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I watch a lot of Tyson. Bynum is the type of Center to give him trouble. But again Bynum IMO doesn't come up big in the playoffs. With that being said Westy and the bench is enough for me to pick the Blazers in 6. Not a huge Griffen fan, Kobe will get his no doubt but I don't believe Kobe can do it all anymore, he has been on the decline and will try to play hero ball too much IMO.

homestarunner93
08-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Portland trying to act like team chemistry would be good is lulzy. Westbrook+Bynum is disastrous. Give me LA.

Super.
08-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Lakers because I am a Kobelover....

:pity:

PocketKings
08-16-2012, 06:09 PM
This match-up isn't exciting at all like I anticipated it would be with tons of debate. Where the hell did AP disappear off to?

PhillyLuver
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
It's all tied up. Let's see some more votes.

xxplayerxx23
08-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow this is going to come down to the wire. Whichever team wins, is going to be a fun matchup vs my team :)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Idk whats lol worthy about 82games but its a much more legit basketball source than whoever you are.

Also, as I also said, there's more evidence from more legit data that I'm just too lazy to post.

Because it says bad things about Kobe:pity:

Catfish1314
08-16-2012, 09:52 PM
This match-up isn't exciting at all like I anticipated it would be with tons of debate. Where the hell did AP disappear off to?

At least the poll is tight. And we all know how you like extra tight polls PK.

PocketKings
08-16-2012, 10:16 PM
At least the poll is tight. And we all know how you like extra tight polls PK.

Ooo babyyy! This just got my DNA Rifle locked and loaded. ;)

xxplayerxx23
08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
The amount of people that will vote LA just because of kobe. Wow.

PhillyLuver
08-16-2012, 10:59 PM
So far the Lakers have 7 votes from Lakers fans. Where's that massive Portland fanbase when you need them?

xxplayerxx23
08-16-2012, 11:20 PM
I mean this is crazy. Kobe's shot under 44 percent last year. Bynum is the type of center to pull Chandler out of the paint which he has trouble with. Scola is fisty and would push Griffin out of the paint. Westy would have a field day on anybody that trys to guard him. TY couldn't guard him at all. LA is better of having me come off their bench. Im shocked with all the LA fans just voting because its Kobe and LA. IMO Blazers have the better team and it really shouldn't be this close, Just my two cents.

greg_ory_2005
08-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Lakerssssss

juggla53
08-16-2012, 11:54 PM
The amount of people that will vote LA just because of kobe. Wow.

yeah im sure ty lawson, blake griffen, and the reigning DPOY have nothing to do with it.

You act like this is kobe and a bunch of nobody's

xxplayerxx23
08-16-2012, 11:56 PM
yeah im sure ty lawson, blake griffen, and the reigning DPOY have nothing to do with it.

You act like this is kobe and a bunch of nobody's

Since I VS the winner I will not give a comment here.

juggla53
08-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Since I VS the winner I will not give a comment here.

that seems odd seeing as how you had no problem completely trashing their team and how this match up shouldn't be close

i dont think you could make it any more obvious which team you would prefer matching up with

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 12:05 AM
that seems odd seeing as how you had no problem completely trashing their team and how this match up shouldn't be close

i dont think you could make it any more obvious which team you would prefer matching up with

:laugh: Its the opposite. I perfer the matchup with LA. IMO portland is the better team. If i had my choice on who I want to vs next round it is without a doubt LA.

juggla53
08-17-2012, 12:09 AM
:laugh: Its the opposite. I perfer the matchup with LA. IMO portland is the better team. If i had my choice on who I want to vs next round it is without a doubt LA.

so you can stop complaining then

DaddyCool
08-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I mean this is crazy. Kobe's shot under 44 percent last year. Bynum is the type of center to pull Chandler out of the paint which he has trouble with. Scola is fisty and would push Griffin out of the paint. Westy would have a field day on anybody that trys to guard him. TY couldn't guard him at all. LA is better of having me come off their bench. Im shocked with all the LA fans just voting because its Kobe and LA. IMO Blazers have the better team and it really shouldn't be this close, Just my two cents.

Bynum is not the center who can pull Chandler out of the paint. That's laughable. Bynum operates almost exclusively on the low post. Scola is a supbar defender no matter how 'fisty' he is. Yes Westbrook blows up head to head against Lawson. However, I think Chandler can more than mitigate Bynum's effect on this series, while Kobe and Griffin don't have great defenders on them. The role players on the Blazers are drastically better as well as the bench, but this is the playoffs. Stars win games, and I think Kobe and Griffin would have a easier time doing so.

PocketKings
08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm voting Blazers after some thought.

I don't trust the Lakers' depth and I trust Bynum far more to impact this series than Griffin. I like the Blazers' depth to be effective in this match-up as well.

aussie
08-17-2012, 10:18 AM
who's winning so far?

PocketKings
08-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Blazers 25 (-1 vote less than 100 posts - bloomis1307 & -1 removal of GM vote; Mr Baller - PL or AP never actually cast a vote)
Lakers 25(- 4 votes less than 100 posts - 49GianLakerFan; IndyHeatJMan; kraze8; MP.Trey)

Is the count after you take out those votes.

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Bump :shrug:

PhillyLuver
08-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Its 27-29 right now.

I still can't believe the nice 8 vote bump they got from Lakers fans

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Vote people vote!

Rivera
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
mr baller told me he wants me to vote for him so i vote for baller

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 08:34 PM
mr baller told me he wants me to vote for him so i vote for baller

no i didn't.

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
What does the score look like now?

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Tied up I believe. We have 2 illegal votes they got 4

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow. Just over an hour 20 left.

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah its gonna be tight. Really disappointed AP hasn't been on, wanted to debate this, but oh well :shrug:

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Me too. :jumpy: to see who I vs in the WCF. So close. Wonder what happens if it ends in a tie :shrug:

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:34 PM
We revote but for like 24 hours instead of 48

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Whoever just voted I love you

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Sorry baller, he had under 100 posts

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:49 PM
:laugh: Who was it?

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:51 PM
And they take the lead since that vote was under 100 :cry:

ALL TIED AGAIN

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Blazer fan something and Really crap still time left.

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Its a shame most of their votes was just Laker fans voting for Lakers and not actually looking at the teams :pity:

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 09:59 PM
WTF is it tied lol. 35 to35 so many voters I can't keep up on the under 100 lol

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
twin4life is good. we take the lead by 1!

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
:speechless:

Gritz
08-17-2012, 10:01 PM
eni mini...

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 10:02 PM
I give up on counting lol. I have it tied but I guess im wrong.

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 10:04 PM
They got 4 illegal votes we have 3. Unless I am missing one but I dont think I am. 2 under 100 and my vote. They got 4 under 100

PocketKings
08-17-2012, 10:27 PM
I'll do a final tally once the poll closes.

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM
2 and 1/2 minutes left all tied ugh

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 10:55 PM
BLAZERS WIN! :dance:

phlp_bj
08-17-2012, 11:02 PM
did the lakers gm even vote lol?

PocketKings
08-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Blazers 33 (-2 vote less than 100 posts - bloomis1307; blazerfan21 & -1 removal of GM vote; Mr Baller - PL or AP never actually cast a vote)
Lakers 32(- 4 votes less than 100 posts - 49GianLakerFan; IndyHeatJMan; kraze8; MP.Trey)

Blazers rally and win from what it looks like for me.

Mr. Baller
08-17-2012, 11:12 PM
:dance: :cheer: :win: :clap: :hi5:

And no AP didnt vote

PhillyLuver
08-17-2012, 11:12 PM
:speechless: :cheer: :bow:
:speechless: :cheer: :bow:

Catfish1314
08-17-2012, 11:19 PM
33-32 Portland is what I just came up with.

Super.
08-18-2012, 12:18 AM
And no AP didnt vote

fail

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
AP Hasn't been on in a while but thats sad. lol

AP=MVP
08-20-2012, 02:40 PM
So, did the fact that I'm on vacation and don't have internet cost me this series? Baller and PL's votes didn't count for them did they?

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
So, did the fact that I'm on vacation and don't have internet cost me this series? Baller and PL's votes didn't count for them did they?

I believe baller vote counted bud.

Catfish1314
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
No it didn't.

AP=MVP
08-20-2012, 03:12 PM
OK, damn, wish I could have argued my case here and maybe pulled this one out, congrats to PL and Baller though

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Yup it sucks, I was looking forward to a good debate