PDA

View Full Version : If you were to get rid of 6 NBA teams...

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I think 24 teams is enough for the league...in an age where superstars are playing with each-other, it will only make Basketball more fun. What teams will you cut to make the NBA more competitive?

1. Bobcats
2. Hornets
3. GS Warrior
4. T wolves
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. OKC Thunder

Those teams are nothing but breeding grounds for players that will eventually move to big market teams, I believe that by cutting them the NBA will be more competitive and we won't have to watch mid-level talents like Joe Johnson/Rashaad Lewis getting max money

Your thoughts?

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Retire. Horrible. OKC why would we cut OKC?

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Retire. Horrible. OKC why would we cut OKC?

Because after Durant the place will be garbage. Most superstars won't want to go there.

McPeak92
08-15-2012, 09:46 PM
The Heat and 5 other teams

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Because after Durant the place will be garbage. Most superstars won't want to go there.

:laugh: They have plenty of time to worry about that. Umm OKC has great fans, Players will want togo there. They build through the draft and got another steal with Jones IMO. 2 you have up and coming teams. Why would we contract?

EDUTEXANS
08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
this is just stupid

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't cut any teams,why take away those teams their fans wan't to see other NBA teams play in their city.

Cal827
08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Lakers
Heat
Knicks
Nets
Mavs
Bulls

There, I saved the Mods some time and got rid of 95% of the trolls :D

Honestly though, the list seems decent.. One thing that scared me in the past was OKC struggling to get in the green a few years ago when they got to the conference finals... but knowing that the Lakers are gonna be paying each NBA team like 30 million per year for the next bit, they should be ok.

Maybe Cleveland would join the list... No offense to the Cavs fans, I just mention them because I can imagine that there could be some problems for them to recruit frree agents, since some players might look back to how Gilbert treated Lebron after he left... If they pull an OKC they'll be alright... but drafting Waiters over other high potential players in positions of need (I gotta good feeling about Drummond) might not end well... also OKC was incredibly lucky to draft that well.

ThunderousDemon
08-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Oklahoma. :puke:

Captain Moroni
08-15-2012, 09:58 PM
No one but a heat fan would show such disrespect to six fanbases. I guess those fans don't matter if you root for the heat?
"hey Milwaukee.......you don't have Lebron, you don't deserve a team"
Thoughtless stupid thread.

tredigs
08-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I think 24 teams is enough for the league...in an age where superstars are playing with each-other, it will only make Basketball more fun. What teams will you cut to make the NBA more competitive?

1. Bobcats
2. Hornets
3. GS Warrior
4. T wolves
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. OKC Thunder

Those teams are nothing but breeding grounds for players that will eventually move to big market teams, I believe that by cutting them the NBA will be more competitive and we won't have to watch mid-level talents like Joe Johnson/Rashaad Lewis getting max money

Your thoughts?

Warriors had higher attendance than the Heat 3 of the last 5 years, and in the two they did not (post bandwagon following), the Heat were still not top 3 and the Warriors were top 10. W's will likely be top 5 in attendance this season; and let's just wait until they have the top arena in the NBA in 4 years.

Warriors fans >

If we're talking about a franchise where superstars leave, you have to start with Toronto. Troll thread fail.

But, yes, Charlotte can go.

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Oklahoma. :puke:

I think they won't be relevant without a Super Star player...I don't know of any who wants to play there. They're lucky they drafted Durant

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
No one but a heat fan would show such disrespect to six fanbases. I guess those fans don't matter if you root for the heat?

Agree.:clap:

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Warriors had higher attendance than the Heat 3 of the last 5 years, and in the two they did not (post bandwagon following), the Heat were still not top 3 and the Warriors were top 10. W's will likely be top 5 in attendance this season; and let's just wait until they have the top arena in the NBA in 4 years.

Warriors fans >

If we're talking about a franchise where superstars leave, you have to start with Toronto. Troll thread fail.

But, yes, Charlotte can go.

:laugh2:

They don't exist mate.

Cal827
08-15-2012, 10:02 PM
On a side note, don't we discuss this like every week or so on who should be contracted?

seikou8
08-15-2012, 10:04 PM

They don't exist mate.

yup and heat FANS didn't exist til jul 8 2010

RealLiveBear
08-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I think they won't be relevant without a Super Star player...I don't know of any who wants to play there. They're lucky they drafted Durant

Because Durant and Westbrook signing 5 year extensions proves your point very well...

theheatles
08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Charlotte
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Cleveland
Sacramento
Milwaukee

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 10:08 PM
:pity: heat fans.

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Charlotte
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Cleveland
Sacramento
Milwaukee

Sacramento? Dude that's a good market for NBA.

RealLiveBear
08-15-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/#p_1_s_a0_

dee279
08-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Please no one say the Knicks... It will be a serious mistake.

bholly
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Really surprised to see GSW on there. Pretty much discredits the whole thing. I'd love to know the OP's reasoning for that one.

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM

Just stop dude you're trying too hard.

dee279
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM
yup and heat FANS didn't exist til jul 8 2010

And that is where your wrong

tredigs
08-15-2012, 10:18 PM

To be fair, you're an internet troll who does not know anyone in the NBA. So there is that.

Sactown
08-15-2012, 10:21 PM
The Kings should be contracted and the Maloofs should be excommunicated to Serbia with nothing but old Chris Webber jerseys to keep them warm.. Then after a year we should take their frozen bodies and hang them in a museum of the most disgusting useless foul disappointments! next to Hitler and Benedict Arnold!

RaiderKid318
08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
lol this thread is stupid, maybe not the idea but cutting a top 3 team in the nba.

Hurricane H
08-15-2012, 10:27 PM

I remember before Lebron joined the heat that the OP was a Laker bandwagon fan.

RaiderLakersA's
08-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Name the 6 teams that make the least amount of money. Cut them.

Ty Fast
08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
golden state and okc have great fan bases. even when the hornets played there and they were a crappy team they still had good fans.

dee279
08-15-2012, 10:30 PM

Lol he will probly be back in LA once again. I hope yall missed him.

DoMeFavors
08-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Knicks
76ers
Mavericks
Magic
Rockets
Hornets

WhiteSoxGod
08-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Lakers
Heat
Knicks
Nets
Bobcats

All of these are making more and more fans turn away from the game. You want to make the game more popular cut these teams.

bholly
08-15-2012, 10:42 PM
And finally we have two perfect examples of why threads like this don't work and we can never have a conversation around here about anything other than who hates who and who are the worst fans and who is the worst team and whatever else.

Congrats to favors for being a teenager and whitesox for acting like one.

shep33
08-15-2012, 10:43 PM
:facepalm:

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 10:43 PM

Blasphemy...insult upon injury, an assault of historical proportions...I should sue you for this

ThunderousDemon
08-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Lakers
Heat
Knicks
Nets
Bobcats

All of these are making more and more fans turn away from the game. You want to make the game more popular cut these teams.

:laugh2: Funny man.

topdog
08-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Why do people who nothing about franchises always feel like they need to cut teams with great fanbases?

Besides, if you really wanted to make the league competitive, you'd get rid of the large market teams with their innate advantages and that would level the playing field. Of course fiscally that would be a terrible decision.

I don't like to target any franchises, but for the sake of answering which teams I would cut if 6 had to go: San Antonio, Houston, Brooklyn, Clippers, Kings and Magic. Why? There are already teams representing those states in larger/more prominent cities.

WhiteSoxGod
08-15-2012, 10:52 PM
And finally we have two perfect examples of why threads like this don't work and we can never have a conversation around here about anything other than who hates who and who are the worst fans and who is the worst team and whatever else.

Congrats to favors for being a teenager and whitesox for acting like one.

It was a joke, geez. Guys gets so ancy in their pants...y. Tried to rhyme...didn't work.

:laugh2: Funny man.

At least someone got it.

WhiteSoxGod
08-15-2012, 10:54 PM
You and I both know bholly that (A) that would never happen and (b) the fan bases of ANY team they eliminated would go crazy. I mean even the bobcats.

DoMeFavors
08-15-2012, 11:00 PM
If NBA cut 6 teams, then playoffs should only be 4 teams each conference

bholly
08-15-2012, 11:04 PM
It was a joke, geez. Guys gets so ancy in their pants...y. Tried to rhyme...didn't work.

At least someone got it.

You and I both know bholly that (A) that would never happen and (b) the fan bases of ANY team they eliminated would go crazy. I mean even the bobcats.

Jokes have punchlines, or are at least funny, and if two people have already made the same joke on the same page you generally shouldn't bother.

Seriously, pretend trolling and pretend stupidity are just as painful to read as real trolling and real stupidity, and guys like you and Favors do one or the other (often it's impossible to tell which one it is) it all day every day.
When you ask in other threads why other people don't know anything about the salary cap, the answer is because as soon as anybody tries to have an actual conversation on here and maybe learn something, it fills up with 'jokes' like that and arguments like you're constantly getting into with Knicks fans. That's why people who are actually worth talking basketball with just don't post here, with very few exceptions.

Jeff559
08-15-2012, 11:04 PM

1. Bobcats
2. Hornets
3. GS Warrior
4. T wolves
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. OKC Thunder

Your thoughts?

Your going to cut a team that represents one of the biggest NBA markets in the league? I think you need to go to business school son..

Gritz
08-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Get rid of all the whack ones

NoahH
08-15-2012, 11:37 PM

1. Bobcats
2. Hornets
3. GS Warrior
4. T wolves
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. OKC Thunder

Your thoughts?

No to GS and No to OKC. OKC is a great team and GS has too much history.

IndyHeatjman
08-15-2012, 11:47 PM
This thread should go the opposite way and see which next 6 teams need to be added. More players are going overseas and we need basketball here in america. Just like the people have the power, the players have the right to play where they wanna play. Most players goin overseas now want to play in the NBA but there isn't enough teams. Why get rid of any team? This sport needs to expand, not regress or subtract.

KingsOfQueens
08-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Idiotic thread...

GS, OKC and SAC have 2 of the best fanbases in the entire NBA while Miami actually has one of the worst. They don't support the team by any means whatsoever if the team is struggling.

Get a life.

Losoway
08-16-2012, 12:06 AM
lmao @ this thread

devilsheat25
08-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Dumb thread. Makes me ashamed to be a Miami fan.

iliketurtles24
08-16-2012, 12:10 AM
The NBA would lose too much money, no, they would not do it.
If they did contract, which they want to expand anyway, it would be 2 teams most likely. A West and East team.

asandhu23
08-16-2012, 12:12 AM

They don't exist mate.

really? we don't. what am i, a ghost? Look at Warriors forum, Golden State of Mind, Warriorsworld.net, etc, etc.

xnick5757
08-16-2012, 12:21 AM
6 teams i would cut with their forbes valuation:

Bucks: Operating income: -$7.6 million/Current value: $268 million
Grizzles: Operating income: -$25 million/Current value: $269 million
Hawks: Operating income: -$15 million/Current value: $270 million
Timberwolves: Operating income: -$6.8 million/Current value: $272 million
Bobcats: Operating income: -$25 million/Current value: $277 million
Hornets: Operating income: -$2.7 million/Current value: $285 million

so there would be 24 teams in the league, divided into two 12 team conferences from which 4 teams from each would advance to the playoffs setting up a 3 round playoff, 1st round/conference championship/league championship

it would probably be more fun to watch, less crappy teams

WhiteSoxGod
08-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Jokes have punchlines, or are at least funny, and if two people have already made the same joke on the same page you generally shouldn't bother.

Seriously, pretend trolling and pretend stupidity are just as painful to read as real trolling and real stupidity, and guys like you and Favors do one or the other (often it's impossible to tell which one it is) it all day every day.
When you ask in other threads why other people don't know anything about the salary cap, the answer is because as soon as anybody tries to have an actual conversation on here and maybe learn something, it fills up with 'jokes' like that and arguments like you're constantly getting into with Knicks fans. That's why people who are actually worth talking basketball with just don't post here, with very few exceptions.

You're right I do like a good tussle with Knicks fans. But for the record, it is only Knicks fans that I give jabs too. In all honesty most of my posts are insightful and non-trolling type. Then sometimes I can't resist, lol. I understand the concern but realize that this site is for entertainment AND knowledge. I think ole domefavors trolls with every post about everybody but I try not to judge other posters :D

That being said you have to understand that most of my "trolling posts" to Knicks fans are only after people post threads like this or comments intentionally designed it seems to annoy people or cause people to troll. Why would you post a thread like this? You know it's just going to cause an unnecessary war of words. The NBA forum seems to be the only forum on this site that constantly baits people into fights.

Yes, I know I know I'm not helping either. Sorry, sometimes it's just so entertaining. I guess I should act my age right and try not entice Knicks fans so much. It's just so easy though they take the bait every tme, ha ha.

topdog
08-16-2012, 12:49 AM

so there would be 24 teams in the league, divided into two 12 team conferences from which 4 teams from each would advance to the playoffs setting up a 3 round playoff, 1st round/conference championship/league championship

The issue with going by current valuations is that small-market teams have fluctuations based upon the current state of the team i.e. re-building means lower attendance, ticket prices, ect. but that isn't a perpetual state.

The whole argument of a "better" or "more competitive" league based upon there being fewer teams with better depth is ridiculous. No matter how you stack it, someone has to lose. It is impossible for every team to be at or around .500 and every game to be a coin flip.

The league is looking to expand the D-League because it needs a better way to develop talent i.e. there is not enough room for players to develop in the NBA. How do you find Monta Ellis if he never gets a chance to play?

MackShock
08-16-2012, 01:06 AM

They don't exist mate.

We very much exist sir. Top 3 fan base in the NBA guaranteed.

Puck017
08-16-2012, 01:24 AM

How would the NBA contract teams anyways? Would the NBA have to buy the team? Does the NBA have $2B to buy these teams? Or can they just give owners the finger and tell them to say goodbye to $300M?

I think it would be a lot cheaper to put money into you basketball programs and groom more talent so the NBA doesn't have these issue. But easier said then done.

Chacarron
08-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Blasphemy...insult upon injury, an assault of historical proportions...I should sue you for this

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=18657391&postcount=37

Please refer to this post of yours....:speechless:

EDIT: You admit to being a former Lakers bandwaggoner.

Sota4Ever
08-16-2012, 01:36 AM
How about the nba forum contracts posters...
1. Dnewguy
2-6. Really dont matter.

asandhu23
08-16-2012, 01:37 AM
The issue with going by current valuations is that small-market teams have fluctuations based upon the current state of the team i.e. re-building means lower attendance, ticket prices, ect. but that isn't a perpetual state.

The whole argument of a "better" or "more competitive" league based upon there being fewer teams with better depth is ridiculous. No matter how you stack it, someone has to lose. It is impossible for every team to be at or around .500 and every game to be a coin flip.

The league is looking to expand the D-League because it needs a better way to develop talent i.e. there is not enough room for players to develop in the NBA. How do you find Monta Ellis if he never gets a chance to play?

uh... Monta Ellis was drafted. He was never in the D League. You are thinking of talent like Anthony Morrow, etc.

topdog
08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
uh... Monta Ellis was drafted. He was never in the D League. You are thinking of talent like Anthony Morrow, etc.

I'm referencing a contracted league where there wouldn't seem to be room for second round picks and certainly would not be playing time for many of them to develop. NBA players don't always come ready-made or appear on the radar.

RonE Coleman
08-16-2012, 01:47 AM
1. Heat
2. Heat
3. Heat
4. Heat
5. Heat
6. Heat

/Thread

RonE Coleman
08-16-2012, 01:49 AM
1. Dnewguy
2-6. Really dont matter.

Im dying right now haha :clap:

Jeff559
08-16-2012, 01:56 AM
1. Dnewguy
2-6. Really dont matter.

Losoway
08-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Knicks
76ers
Mavericks
Magic
Rockets
Hornets

the knicks ? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

static_inferno
08-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Clippers
Nets
Kings
Bobcats
Raptors
Magic

Okc Thunder back to Seattle Sonics.
New Orleans Hornets renamed Jazz.
Utah Jazz renamed something thats actually related to Utah.

MackShock
08-16-2012, 02:06 AM

I get it..he was riding Shaq's jock strap and started following the Heat when he got traded, then started liking D-Wade

C-Style
08-16-2012, 02:14 AM
The celtics

chrism8188
08-16-2012, 02:32 AM
i thinks its fine, give more ppl shots at making a living

Whomewhome
08-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Best thread ever. Honestly. The NBA needs less teams and less games!

David Stern Team: YES GET RID OF THE COMMISH. I can't stand this guy. He turned the NBA into a joke. Introducing 7 new teams in his tenure. Selling every 27 out 30 teams at least once during this tenure. HE is NUMBER 1 on this list.

Only 3 teams have not been sold during his tenure! 3 teams 3 teams.

7 new teams created. New rules that mean crap. And the CBA is the worst I have seen ever.

Run&Gun
08-16-2012, 03:04 AM

I don't see how you think that Warriors are worse than Sacramento, although GSW isn't in SF it soon will be, I'd much rather be in SF than Sac. GSW was the highest sold franchise recently and is #8 for most valuable franchise.

We frequently sell out here and that was with our team sucking. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

YoungOne
08-16-2012, 03:14 AM
the OP should be contracted.

JasonJohnHorn
08-16-2012, 03:45 AM
I'd get rid of the:
Lakers
Heat
Knicks
Nets
Bobcats
Bucks

GoferKing_
08-16-2012, 04:15 AM
In order to be more competitive we need to exterminate big market teams, so the talent would divide between the other teams. :)

Lakers + Giants
08-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Clippers
Kings
Bobcats
Magic
Cavs
Nets

Chavacano
08-16-2012, 04:37 AM

^^ :speechless:

Aust
08-16-2012, 05:36 AM
Please stop making threads.

Instead of removing 6 teams, the league should find owners who actually want to win. That's the problem, a lot of owners simply don't care about winning and only want to make a profit from this "hobby" of theirs. Another reason I respect and love my team's ownership.

douglas
08-16-2012, 05:55 AM
I wouldn't want to get rid of any NBA teams. But you know what I would want to get rid of? The entire sport of baseball! I hate baseball so much, man.

gilly
08-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Make a TV show called "America's Next Betrayed City" and have the teams trot their best/hottest player down a cat walk in his uniform and high heels and then have them vote on the worst six. This would work.

Heediot
08-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Charlotte
New Orleans
Millwaukee
Atlanta
Sacramento
Memphis (Bandwagon fans, they have support right now, but when they suck nobody watches)

I picked the most bandwagon cities with whack support unless their teams are doing good, I may be wrong about Sac though.

Heediot
08-16-2012, 07:35 AM

THIS POSTS WINS!!!!! I had the same teams except Sac over Minny, even then I said I was hesitant to put Sac on the list.

Heediot
08-16-2012, 07:37 AM

If Memphis and ATL can't make money now, I don't know when they'll ever make money unless they get to CF or Finals every year.

asandhu23
08-16-2012, 07:46 AM
the OP should be contracted.

No team wants to give him a contract.

TylerSL
08-16-2012, 07:52 AM
this forum is dumb :facepalm:

Huntey
08-16-2012, 08:11 AM
cutting small market teams wouldn't solve the problem; while it would get rid of the smallest market teams, there would still be small market teams. LA, NY, etc. would still be the big market teams and players would still want to leave to go to them.

Not to mention that the salary cap would go up too if teams were cut, meaning the big market teams would be able to sign more quality players.

Super.
08-16-2012, 05:59 PM

I suppose by your same logic we should cut the heat too.

:pity:

The stupidity that oozes from your posts is unimaginable

fruitchops
08-16-2012, 06:03 PM
turrrrible

Hawkeye15
08-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Miami
Lakers
Bulls
Celtics
Thunder
Mavs

Those are the 6 I would choose :)

JWO35
08-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Contracting crap teams wouldn't make a difference...getting rid of the Super Teams would restore balance

THINKBLUE15
08-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Clippers move to Anaheim. (Anaheim Clippers)
Hornets move to Seattle, become Sonics (Seattle Supersonics)
Contract Charlotte and a few others

rocket
08-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Miami

rocket
08-16-2012, 10:22 PM
this forum is dumb :facepalm:

I wonder why...

Showtime Steve
08-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Why the hell did you cut the hornets???

Lloyd Christmas
08-18-2012, 12:19 AM
This thread has already gone 7 pages. dnewguy wins.