PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 nba teams next year.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Name your top 5 NBA teams next year according to offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, and overall record.

This thread will be bumped at the end of the 2013 season to see who was the closest in their predictions. Please justify your predictions. Don't just say the Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers will blatantly be the best team in the league.

(2011) Offensive Efficiency
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Chicago Bulls

(2011) Defensive Efficiency
1. Chicago Bulls
2. Boston Celtics
3. Philadelphia 76ers
4. Miami Heat
5. New York Knicks

(2011) Overall Record
1. Chicago Bulls
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Miami Heat
5. Indiana Pacers

Jagged QT
08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
On offense......

Heat Thunder Lakers Spurs Nuggets

On defense

Bulls Celtics Heat Sixers Knicks

Overall

Heat Thunder Lakers Spurs Celtics

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:33 PM
(2012) Offensive Efficiency
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Brooklyn Nets

(2012) Defensive Efficiency
1. New York Knicks
2. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
4. Atlanta Hawks
5. Los Angeles Lakers

(2012) Overall Record.
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Miami Heat
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. New York Knicks

Reyes6
08-15-2012, 05:34 PM
1. Bobcats
2. Rockets
3. Magic
4. Kings
5. Hornets

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:34 PM
On offense......

Heat Thunder Lakers Spurs Nuggets

On defense

Bulls Celtics Heat Sixers Knicks

Overall

Heat Thunder Lakers Spurs Celtics

I think the Nuggets will play really well offensively this year--great choice.

Defensively, I'm not sure if the Bulls will still be the best in the league without Derrick Rose and their bench. We'll see.

The Lakers will most likely be the best team in the league in my opinion. The Celtics, Thunder, and Heat also have a fighting chance at the number one spot.

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Ill do overall
1.Heat-Defending Champs, still have Lebron wade and Bosh. Added some depth, in allen and Lewis to go along with battier and Miller.
2.OKC-Kept the core together and they will only get better. I believe Durant comes hungry and they still get the number 1 seed in the west.
3.Lakers-Added Dwight and Nash to an already impressive team. Also had some nice bench help. This is a team that can take anybody out.
4.Celtics-Love what they did. Geared for another run added Lee and Terry. There bench is stacked and they have a rookie I believe will help in sullinger. Rondo-Pierce-KG with that supporting cast has another run in them.
5.Spurs-Never and I repeat NEVER count them out. I had counted them out last year as contenders and they proved me wrong. Pretty much the same team and I think they will be the 3 seed or 4 seed in the west.
Teams that might surprise as contenders:Nuggets,Knicks,Philly,Nets.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:38 PM
(2012) Offensive Efficiency
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Brooklyn Nets

(2012) Defensive Efficiency
1. New York Knicks
2. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
4. Atlanta Hawks
5. Los Angeles Lakers

(2012) Overall Record.
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. New York Knicks

I put the Los Angeles Lakers as the number one offensive team in efficiency because of Steve Nash. However, Nash's high pace might not allow them to be the most efficient. With this in mind, I expect Gasol, Howard, and Bryant to all shoot at higher percentages this year.

In defensive efficiency I put the Knicks first because of Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler, and Kurt Thomas on the frontline. Carmelo Anthony is also a great isolation defender as we saw in the Olympics. Shumpert and Brewer are some of the best perimeter defensive players in the league. Kidd, James White, and JR Smith can all play solid defense as well for periods of time.

For overall record I put the Los Angeles Lakers because of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Historically speaking in the regular season, Steve Nash and Dwight Howard have each led teams to great records. While Kobe Bryant may not care about the number one regular season title as much as he does about being a champion, I expect he and Gasol to push the team to the number one spot quite early allowing them to rest in the last week of the season.

asandhu23
08-15-2012, 05:39 PM
offensive efficiency...

Warriors
Nuggets
Pacers
Knicks
Heat

Defensive efficiency
Spurs
Lakers
Rockets
Clippers
Wizards ( idk )

overall record

Heat
Lakers
Nuggets
Pacers
Knicks.

Warriors D efficiency is terrible ( still )...

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
1. Bobcats
2. Rockets
3. Magic
4. Kings
5. Hornets

Watch one of these teams will be a top 5 overall team, and you will feel so good about yourself when this thread gets bumped at the end of 2012.

If any of the above teams can be top 5, I would say the Rockets have the best shot at it followed by the Hornets.

D12 fan
Offense
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Clippers
4.Heat
5.Celtics

Defense
1.Heat
2.Bulls
3.Celtics
4.Lakers
5.Knicks

Overall record
1.Miami
2.Thunder
3.Lakers
4.Knicks
5.Clippers

NBA Champs=Lakers

RonE Coleman
Offense
Spurs, Nuggets, OKC, Lakers, Miami

Defense
Miami, Boston, Lakers, Knicks, Nuggets (bit of a stretch but I think Iggy will bring a lot)

Overall
Miami, OKC, Lakers, Spurs

5th spot between Clips, Knicks, Boston

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Ill do overall
1.Heat-Defending Champs, still have Lebron wade and Bosh. Added some depth, in allen and Lewis to go along with battier and Miller.
2.OKC-Kept the core together and they will only get better. I believe Durant comes hungry and they still get the number 1 seed in the west.
3.Lakers-Added Dwight and Nash to an already impressive team. Also had some nice bench help. This is a team that can take anybody out.
4.Celtics-Love what they did. Geared for another run added Lee and Terry. There bench is stacked and they have a rookie I believe will help in sullinger. Rondo-Pierce-KG with that supporting cast has another run in them.
5.Spurs-Never and I repeat NEVER count them out. I had counted them out last year as contenders and they proved me wrong. Pretty much the same team and I think they will be the 3 seed or 4 seed in the west.
Teams that might surprise as contenders:Nuggets,Knicks,Philly,Nets.

While I do not agree with the order, when it is all said and done in 2012, and this thread gets bumped, I expect your list to be pretty accurate.

As a Knicks fan, I hope they can sneak into the 5 spot.

RonE Coleman
08-15-2012, 05:42 PM
A lotta people sleepin on the Nuggets this year? I think they will be very good. But thats also because I rate Ty lawson higher than I probably should lol

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:43 PM
offensive efficiency...

Warriors
Nuggets
Pacers
Knicks
Heat

Defensive efficiency
Spurs
Lakers
Rockets
Clippers
Wizards ( idk )

overall record

Heat
Lakers
Nuggets
Pacers
Knicks.

Warriors D efficiency is terrible ( still )...

I do not think the Knicks will be very offensively efficient with Carmelo Anthony and Stoudemire, but you never know. There is a chance if they run a good offensive system under Woodson and Felton plays well, the Knicks could sneak into the top 5. The Nuggets are another obvious choice under Coach Karl and with the depth they have. In terms of overall record, I think the Pacers will regress this year. Just my opinion, but I expect the Clippers, Knicks, Celtics, and Spurs to be better than the Pacers.

Losoway
the bulls shouldnt be anywhere near a top 5 list

Romo2Bryant
1. Bobcats
2. Rockets
3. Magic
4. Kings
5. Hornets

I would swap Hornets with Bucks. Everything else sounds about right.

EDUTEXANS
I'm just trying to understand how you guys think OKC won't be a top-5 team this year

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Offense
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Clippers
4.Heat
5.Celtics

Defense
1.Heat
2.Bulls
3.Celtics
4.Lakers
5.Knicks

Overall record
1.Miami
2.Thunder
3.Lakers
4.Knicks
5.Clippers

NBA Champs=Lakers

Defensively, I foresee the Heat and Bulls regressing this year in terms of efficiency.

In terms of overall record, your list seems pretty accurate. I would put the Lakers over the Heat however. Championship teams will get the best effort of every team next year. The Miami Heat will have to work for their wins this year with a stronger East than last year.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Offense
Spurs, Nuggets, OKC, Lakers, Miami

Defense
Miami, Boston, Lakers, Knicks, Nuggets (bit of a stretch but I think Iggy will bring a lot)

Overall
Miami, OKC, Lakers, Spurs

5th spot between Clips, Knicks, Boston

I think the Nuggets will be top 10 defensively although there is a chance if Mcgee and Faried hold up the frontline. Offensively, the Spurs and Lakers seem like teams that will really have great years because of their point guards.

Overall, your list seems pretty accurate. The 5th spot will come down to a lot of variability. Hopefully, the Knicks get it.

ewmania
08-15-2012, 05:47 PM
i would swap hornets with bucks. Everything else sounds about right.

lol

kingkenny01
08-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I would swap Hornets with Bucks. Everything else sounds about right.

1. Bucks

2. Everyone else

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:50 PM
the bulls shouldnt be anywhere near a top 5 list

Defensively, with Noah they can sneak into the top 5 for defensive efficiency. Even without Rose, they will still be a well coached defensive team--similar to how the Heat were in the year before James and Bosh came under Coach Spoelstra.

AndyfromNeptune
1. Bucks

2. Everyone else

1. Montreal Aoulettes
2. Vancouver Grizzlies.

3. Everyone else.

RonE Coleman
1. Bucks

2. Everyone else

Mike Dunleavy for 2013 NBA Mvp!

JasonJohnHorn
Let's see... well... at the top of the list I would put the Lakers, obviously, and... well, it doesn't really matter who comes in second after them, because everybody else will be a distant second. I mean, somebody else is going to get a conference title, but does it really matter who? It's just going to be the concolation prize for being swept out of the playoffs by the 82-0 Lakers.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm just trying to understand how you guys think OKC won't be a top-5 team this year

I didn't put them in there simply as a way of mixing things up. They were not top 5 defensively last year so who knows what will happen?

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Let's see... well... at the top of the list I would put the Lakers, obviously, and... well, it doesn't really matter who comes in second after them, because everybody else will be a distant second. I mean, somebody else is going to get a conference title, but does it really matter who? It's just going to be the concolation prize for being swept out of the playoffs by the 82-0 Lakers.

For someone from the greater Toronto area, I expect a more insightful response ! Show your Raptor pride ! Valanciunas for Rookie of the Year ! Bargnani for Most Improved Player !

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Mike Dunleavy for 2013 NBA Mvp!

Dunleavy killed the Knicks last year. He was on my fantasy team, and he put up buckets !

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:54 PM
A lotta people sleepin on the Nuggets this year? I think they will be very good. But thats also because I rate Ty lawson higher than I probably should lol

The Nuggets with Gallinari, Chandler, Lawson, Faried, Iggy, Mcgee, and the rest of their depth will be a top team in the league.

numba1CHANGsta
08-15-2012, 05:55 PM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

;)

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 05:58 PM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

;)

1. Nash > Dylan
2. Bryant > Dylan
3. World Peace > Dylan
4. Gasol> Dylan
5. Howard> Dylan.

GoPacers33
08-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Heat
Lakers
Thunder
Pacers
Celtics

RonE Coleman
08-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Heat
Lakers
Thunder
Pacers
Celtics

LMAO... sig bet they won't win 50 games

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Heat
Lakers
Thunder
Pacers
Celtics

Pacers top 4 NBA really?

MintBerryCrunch
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Interesting , people still think OKC is the team to beat in the west.

MintBerryCrunch
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Heat
Lakers
Thunder
Pacers
Celtics

Just stop.

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Offense: Gs Warrior, LA clippers, Spurs, Knicks, and Mavs
Defense: Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Pacers and Lakers

Overall

1. Heat
2. Pacers
3. Spurs
4. Bulls
5. Clippers

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Overall

1. Heat
2. Pacers
3. Spurs
4. Bulls
5. Clippers

Pacers #2 team in the NBA=:facepalm:

Chicago want be a top 4 team without Drose most of the year.

dnewguy
08-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Pacers #2 team in the NBA=:facepalm:

Chicago want be a top 4 team without Drose most of the year.

Dude...it's my personal opinion, nothing to get hyped about. Just say yours and move on...we all don't think alike.

GoPacers33
08-15-2012, 09:04 PM
People still think the Pacers suck :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
They don't suck but they arent top 5. No way are they better then Miami,Okc,La,Spurs,Boston.

xxplayerxx23
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Dude...it's my personal opinion, nothing to get hyped about. Just say yours and move on...we all don't think alike.

You didn't take my advice and retire :pity:

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Heat
Lakers
Thunder
Pacers
Celtics

I do not think the Pacers are a top 5 team in the East--let alone overall.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Interesting , people still think OKC is the team to beat in the west.

You can argue that since they were in the finals last year, they are. However, it's pretty clear to me, the Lakers will be the number one seed relatively easily.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 09:20 PM

Overall

1. Heat
2. Pacers
3. Spurs
4. Bulls
5. Clippers

I do not think the Bulls or Pacers will be top 5. The Bulls do not have Derrick Rose nor the bench they had last year.

Also defensively, I do not think the Pacers will be top 5 either. Roy Hibbert is not the defender everyone makes him out to be.

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 09:41 PM
You didn't take my advice and retire :pity:

Try to stay on topic !

I really cannot wait to bump this thread and see who was right. I wish Chris Broussard's commentary got bumped more often.