PDA

View Full Version : Overrated Franchise?

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Who is the most overrated NBA franchise in the league?

I say the Knicks because they always get hype in the media but never live up to expectations.Like this year how did they get more Nat'l tv games than Miami/OKC,it's like the league wants to see the Knicks succeed.

Nothing against Knicks fans,I just think the franchise is the most overrated team in the NBA.

Cal827
08-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Calling out the Knicks franchise as most overrated?

I got a good feeling about this thread :D

I'll get the popcorn ready... Anybody want some Nachos?

b@llhog24
08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Bobcats.

Losoway
08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
:facepalm: knicks arent overrated . any team in new york is expected and hyped the most

new york is the biggest media outlet

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
:facepalm: knicks arent overrated . any team in new york is expected and hyped the most

new york is the biggest media outlet

Are you gonna answer the question?It's just my opinion you don't have to agree.

29$JerZ
08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
no point

LongIslandIcedZ
08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
How can a franchise be overrated?

You know why they get more hype?
- It's NY
- And their the most (perhaps second most) popular team in the league.

When the Knicks are good, it is better for the NBA.

Its just business sense, many more people want to watch the Knicks on National TV than every other team, except perhaps thet Lakers.

Troll question

Max Power
08-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Currently or historicaly?

Either way, the answer is the Knicks.

Cal827
08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Currently or historicaly?

Either way, the answer is the Knicks.

:laugh:

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Troll question

Im not trolling I just think the knicks have a overrated franchise.I like the knicks team matter of fact I picked you guys to meet Miami in the ECF this year.

Losoway
08-15-2012, 04:47 PM
How can a franchise be overrated?

You know why they get more hype?
- It's NY
- And their the most (perhaps second most) popular team in the league.

When the Knicks are good, it is better for the NBA.

Its just business sense, many more people want to watch the Knicks on National TV than every other team, except perhaps thet Lakers.

Troll question

yea that was a really bad troll question . smhh

Cal827
08-15-2012, 04:48 PM
This is some good popcorn :drool:

LongIslandIcedZ
Im not trolling I just think the knicks have a overrated franchise.I like the knicks team matter of fact I picked you guys to meet Miami in the ECF this year.

Well then what about the Knick franchise is overrated?

If your question was who is the most overrated by the fans, then its the Knicks. But in what sense are the Knicks the most overrated? Going by your criteria in the OP, the Knicks are far from overrated.

Basically, in what aspect are the Knicks overrated?

Losoway
LAKERS OR KNICKS can never be overrated. for the simple fact

LA and New york is the biggest media outlets . doesnt matter what sport whatever teams in these states does somewhat good will get way more coverage then anywhere else

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 04:50 PM
dumb troll. **** off.. lakers happy now..

Burgo
08-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Seems like a pure bait-thread.

I do think the Knicks haven't lived up to expectations, but there's been alot of uncertainty at MSG for a long time.

Once they get settled and if they manage to remain relatively healthy then ECF is a reality.

Also, if your team fails to win 65 games with your roster this season, then they may well be the most overrated team in the league.

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 04:52 PM
But its the Nets

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Well then what about the Knick franchise is overrated?

If your question was who is the most overrated by the fans, then its the Knicks. But in what sense are the Knicks the most overrated? Going by your criteria in the OP, the Knicks are far from overrated.

Basically, in what aspect are the Knicks overrated?

The Knicks franchise is overrated to me because of the hype they recieve even when they suck they recieved Nat'l attention.I just think they get to much attention to be so average as a team the past 20yrs.They never live up to expectations as a elite team.

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
but afterall we are talking to a front runner fan.. that hopped his way from orlando to la.. who gives a **** what he says.. welcome to the lakers bandwagon..

Muttman73
This is kind of pointless, but since you asked ... I'll vote New Orleans, whatever they are calling them these days

BobbyHillSwag
knicks are not overrated at all besides by some knick fans. Everyone ***** on knicks almost everyday. They just get talked about in the media because they are a huge market just like LA and they are not terrible.

oh and I think the Atlanta franchise is. Every year people act like they are relevant, im sure they wont think so this year though

RonE Coleman
08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
The Knicks franchise is overrated to me because of the hype they recieve even when they suck they recieved Nat'l attention.I just think they get to much attention to be so average as a team the past 20yrs.They never live up to expectations as a elite team.

The media never "hypes" us up. In fact we get hated on more than any other team, and that is because we play in the largest media market in the US. The Knicks were awful the last 10 years and we still profited more than any team outside the Lakers. New Yorkers love the Knicks and we play in the largest market, thats all there is to it.

29$JerZ
08-15-2012, 04:55 PM

You clearly have no clue what overrated means then.

They get national attention because its NYC. It's one of the largest media outlets out there. Good or bad they will receive a lot of attention. Success doesn't correlate to recognition.

When they were terrible they never heard the end of it. They just got decent/good and now that is overrated to you. Makes total sense. If you are going to start this stupid idea of a thread at least know what you are talking about. You are mixing attention to a bad team and overrated when its actually attention from the market regardless of success.

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Knicks fans are attacking me just because it's my opinion.

Who do Knicks fans think is the most overrated NBA franchise?

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
How can anyone measure a team being overrated anyway? Clippers and Nets are it then.. Have talent NEVER won ****.. and they still suck.

If you say the Knicks you don't know basketball.. Knicks sucked for the last 10 years. and they didn't have a chance to make the playoffs 2-10 years ago..

LongIslandIcedZ
08-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Attention from who? The fans? In that sense their definitely overrated.

But if you were David Stern, you would have the Knicks in as many National Games as possible. It makes money. They are the most popular franchise in the sport, despite not living up to expectations.

It honestly just sounds like you dont understand the business side of it.

Honestly, by your logic, the most overrated teams are the ones that get National TV games, despite not making the league any money. The Spurs come to mind.

Thats why, without criteria, you cant ask what franchise is overrated. From a media exposure sense, the Knicks are far from overrated.

KnickaBocka.44
08-15-2012, 04:59 PM

I say the Knicks because they always get hype in the media but never live up to expectations.Like this year how did they get more Nat'l tv games than Miami/OKC,it's like the league wants to see the Knicks succeed.

Nothing against Knicks fans,I just think the franchise is the most overrated team in the NBA.

Because THEY DO! It makes the league, and the rest of the owners in the league more money.

To say they are overrated is crazy, before last season no one had had any expectations for the Knicks in years.

Obvious baiting thread, but if I am going to answer the question I would say the Bulls, maybe not this year because Rose is out, but they don't have the firepower to win a chip but everyone thinks they are so outstanding.

If anyone's fans overrate their team it's the Heat. Yeah, they are the best in the league right now, but they don't realize that they are one injury away from watching it explode at all times.

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Hey Knicks fans who do you think is the most overrated NBA franchise?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-15-2012, 05:00 PM

What on earth is an overrated Franchise?

I havent seen the schedule this year, but I'll give you an example. I assume the Thunder have a fair amount of Nationally televised games this year. Are they overrated because they get National games, while not garnering much media exposure?

You need to form your question better or else Knick fans are going to attack you for blantantly baiting.

RonE Coleman
08-15-2012, 05:01 PM

Your opinion makes no sense whatsoever. If it was the New York Bobcats or New York Bucks they would receive the same exposure because it is New York, that doesn't make the franchise overrated.

Quite frankly wtf is an overrated Franchise anyways? The premise of it does not even make sense. The only teams that get overrated are teams that win and if you win than how can you be overrated?

Close this bogus thread.

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Your opinion makes no sense whatsoever. If it was the New York Bobcats or New York Bucks they would receive the same exposure because it is New York, that doesn't make the franchise overrated.

Quite frankly wtf is an overrated Franchise anyways? The premise of it does not even make sense. The only teams that get overrated are teams that win and if you win than how can you be overrated?

Close this bogus thread.

yeah. the op is a front runner/ bandwagon fan.... anyway

mjm07
08-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Calling out the Knicks franchise as most overrated?

I got a good feeling about this thread :D

I'll get the popcorn ready... Anybody want some Nachos?

CinnaPretzel, pls. Thanks. :cool:

Losoway
08-15-2012, 05:04 PM

Close this bogus thread.

thank you

Losoway
once again d12 fan looks like a fool

D12 fan
Im sorry Knicks fans if I offended you.:hide:

JWO35
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Probably the Bulls because they're basically a 1 man franchise...but that one man happens to the the G.O.A.T and more successful than 85% of NBA Franchises :shrug:

LongIslandIcedZ

Not really offended, you just have made a point worth dicussing yet. I dont mind if my team is insulted, there just needs to be a reason.

nyKnicks126

It's okay we understand you are just a Dwight Howard fan..

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Mods you can close this thread it didn't turn out like I expected it too.

I still think the Knicks will make it to the ECF this year to play Miami.But your franchise is overrated to me.

Sssmush
08-15-2012, 05:08 PM

Ha ha ha ha LoL when I read that in the preview. That is awesome. I bet you woke up this morning, opened your eyes, and it came to you, the idea for the perfect thread.

nice

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:09 PM
So is Dwight.. Zero titles.. Knicks got 2. :)

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:09 PM
the op wants this closed.. :laugh:

Jagged QT
08-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Just curious op, who is putting high expectations on the Knicks?

And why wouldn't the league want a big market team succeed? that helps all the teams.

But really no team is overrated, don't even see how this became a thread.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Mods you can close this thread it didn't turn out like I expected it too.

I still think the Knicks will make it to the ECF this year to play Miami.But your franchise is overrated to me.

Its not like you've responded to anyone's retorts. You made a troll and everyone made you look like a fool because of it.

Sssmush
08-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Seriously though, the Knicks are hugely overrated.

They haven't won a title in like, what, forever?

They have consistently found ways to be terrible year after year. Whether it's "the Isaiah years" or the periods before and after that craziness.

My East Coast friends who are big Knick fans privately tell me that is is "hard" to be a Knick fan, and the proof of how much of a fan you are is how bad you can suffer from the Knicks being so stupid and making sucky decisions and sucking every year, and inevitably losing.

So, because they are always regarded as one of the top teams, the flagship teams, the teams that "matter", they are obviously hugely overrated because teams like Minnesota and Portland are usually way better.

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
.................. Knicks got rid of Ewing, LJ retired, H02 got his money and got injured, Knicks trade Sprewell.. How do you think the Knicks could recover so fast.. Especially when Liden and then Isiah took over.. :facepalm:

Jagged QT
08-15-2012, 05:16 PM

They have consistently found ways to be terrible year after year. Whether it's "the Isaiah years" or the periods before and after that craziness.

My East Coast friends who are big Knick fans privately tell me that is is "hard" to be a Knick fan, and the proof of how much of a fan you are is how bad you can suffer from the Knicks being so stupid and making sucky decisions and sucking every year, and inevitably losing.

So, because they are always regarded as one of the top teams, the flagship teams, the teams that "matter", they are obviously hugely overrated because teams like Minnesota and Portland are usually way better.
http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/pachah1.png

D12 fan
Its not like you've responded to anyone's retorts. You made a troll and everyone made you look like a fool because of it.

Yeah all Knicks fans,none of you guys answered the question instead you attacked me because I said the Knicks have a overrated franhise.

Again I like the Knicks as a team,I just think the franchise is overhyped and overrated.

Sssmush
Like, believe me I understand the mentality of the Knicks fan. And I like East Coasters, and I like New York.

But let's say the Knicks go 20-62 this year. And let's say Brooklyn goes 60-22, and is playing in the NBA Finals.

Not ONE Knick fan will root for Brooklyn, in fact, they will all be actively rooting AGAINST Brooklyn, because they are loyal Knick fans. You could say the same thing about Giant fans versus Jets fans.

But Knick fans are fully aware of how badly this team has tortured them over the years, how brutal it is to be a Knicks fan.

D12 fan

Thank you non Knicks fan.

Jagged QT
08-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeah all Knicks fans,none of you guys answered the question instead you attacked me because I said the Knicks have a overrated franhise.

Again I like the Knicks as a team,I just think the franchise is overhyped and overrated.

Yet you never gave a legit reason why.

Now I could say "whatever team Dwight is on" for most overrated.

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Like, believe me I understand the mentality of the Knicks fan. And I like East Coasters, and I like New York.

But let's say the Knicks go 20-62 this year. And let's say Brooklyn goes 60-22, and is playing in the NBA Finals.

Not ONE Knick fan will root for Brooklyn, in fact, they will all be actively rooting AGAINST Brooklyn, because they are loyal Knick fans. You could say the same thing about Giant fans versus Jets fans.

But Knick fans are fully aware of how badly this team has tortured them over the years, how brutal it is to be a Knicks fan.

You as a non Knicks fan are totally right.

Jagged QT
08-15-2012, 05:18 PM

this is idiotic. would rockets fans root for the spurs?

Ezio
08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I6GSf.gif

Sssmush
08-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Like seriously, Knick fans privately are drinking beers face palming just going "oh my GOD!!!! Why did they [do that, hire him, draft him, trade him, sign him, whatever] and just walking around in a constant state of "WTF!!!!" about whatever new bonehead thing their Knick franchise has done.

But publicly, hey, we are in the national spotlight and have nationally televised games, and are considered a top level team... so yeah, cool.

Jagged QT
08-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Like seriously, Knick fans privately are drinking beers face palming just going "oh my GOD!!!! Why did they [do that, hire him, draft him, trade him, sign him, whatever] and just walking around in a constant state of "WTF!!!!" about whatever new bonehead thing their Knick franchise has done.

But publicly, hey, we are in the national spotlight and have nationally televised games, and are considered a top level team... so yeah, cool.

Why weren't the Knicks on tv when they were complete garbage then?

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Why weren't the Knicks on tv when they were complete garbage then?

I remember when the Knicks got Randolph the Knicks got out numbered by the Celtics on TNT and got blown out.. But it happens.

D12 fan
08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Hey knicks fan can you answer my question,who is the most overrated nba franchise in the nba?

nyKnicks126
08-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Hey knicks fan can you answer my question,who is the most overrated nba franchise in the nba?

Nets and the Clippers.

RonE Coleman
08-15-2012, 05:27 PM

Because it makes no sense bro, what exactly is an overrated franchise??? No one outside me and my fellow Knick fans think we will be good so how can we be overrated?

Overrated,no! Overhyped, maybe...Our starting lineup could be Cp3, Kobe, Lebron, Love and Dwight and people would complain that we have a weak bench and would still get hated on :cool:

D12 fan
Nets and the Clippers.

OK.

Now move on and quit bashing me for having a opinion.

Jagged QT
Yet you never gave a legit reason why.

Now I could say "whatever team Dwight is on" for most overrated.

I did earlier, op.

Corey
This thread will bring nothing but bashing and insults.

Sorry boys.