PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Back For One More Year?

JasonJohnHorn
08-15-2012, 06:13 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/14/ben-wallace-wants-to-return-but-pistons-roster-is-full/

Ben Wallace is apparently interested in returning for another season, and the Pistons are his first, and for now, only choice. According to reports (see link above), he wants to play for Detroit or retire, but Detroit's roster is currently full.

So does this leave the door open for a contender to woo Wallace? Miami has a hole in the middle, and Wallace may not be the player he was, but he's still a great defender and solid rebounder. And as much as Miami could use him, the Lakers may be a better fit still. Adding another DPOY to their roster (they already have two, Artest and Howard) and another HOF player would no doubt be appealling to LAL, and if Ben is backing up Howard there won't be much of a drop off in terms of defence and rebounding when Howards off the court if Wallace is playing in his place. Hell, even Boston could use Wallace in the middle right now.

Thoughts? Should Big Ben hang it up? Wait on Detroit? Or chase a ring on a contender?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 06:20 AM
He'll go to Brooklyn or Miami.

Laker Legend42
08-15-2012, 06:34 AM
He should just take his ball and go home. The lakers will have enough issues distributing minutes.

JasonJohnHorn
08-15-2012, 06:44 AM

I hadn't thought of Brooklyn, but that would be a good landing spot. Who knows, he might be able to teach Lopez how to rebound and play defence, or at least give the Nets some interior D and rebounding, which they will desperately need if Lopez doesn't pick up his game.

c.c.
08-15-2012, 06:45 AM
He should that ring!!! defensively he better than a lot young big me in the league, plus the pistons is fine in the middle.

JasonJohnHorn
08-15-2012, 06:45 AM
He should just take his ball and go home. The lakers will have enough issues distributing minutes.

I don't see how they will have issues distributing minutes. Howard will need somebody to back him up. Jamison can play both forward spots off the bench, Gasol starts at PF, Artest at SF. Sounds like a pretty solid front court rotation to me.

Laker Legend42
08-15-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't see how they will have issues distributing minutes. Howard will need somebody to back him up. Jamison can play both forward spots off the bench, Gasol starts at PF, Artest at SF. Sounds like a pretty solid front court rotation to me.

They also have Jordan hill. I think he will play more back up center minutes. If Howard misses the start of the season I would say yes.

DTownSkitzo
08-15-2012, 08:43 AM

No he won't. He's not title chasing.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:07 AM
I wish he would sign with a contender for limited playing time for less minutes or just retire. Love him and his career, but its sad watching him play for that awful team and not making the playoffs.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Come to the Knicks, big ben!!

eternal slumber
08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
i really hopes Ben just hang it up. no need to prove anything anymore.

Gators123
08-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Ben Wallace said he won't play for any other team besides the Pistons. He won't chase a ring.

If he wants to come back the Pistons will trade Austin Daye.

Blink
08-15-2012, 10:36 AM
I've said it 20 times before. If anybody is willing to trade Joe Dumars a case of Coors Light for Austin Daye...Detroit will also throw in a 2nd round pick in the deal.

Lucky.
08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
A bench of...

Blake
Meeks
Jamison
Hill
Wallace

It's not like Wallace would have to play a lot with Howard in front of him and both Hill and Gasol who can play C.

Saying that, if the Pistons don't sign him, he'll retire. Would love him on the Celtics though.

Cal827
08-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Goes to LA... PSD Response: **** this ****ing *******! AHHH! :mad::mad::mad:

AirJordanXVIII
08-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I would like to see him retire as a Piston..

IndyRealist
08-15-2012, 12:12 PM
"Huh, Austin Daye? Maybe my team could trade for him. Let's just look up his sta...HOLY **** HE WAS HORRIBLE LAST YEAR. How did he get worse at EVERYTHING? No one gets worse at EVERYTHING!"

It'd be a fitting bit of irony for Ben Wallace to come finish his career with the Pacers. We could actually use him, and with the way our 2nd unit is constructed he wouldn't need to score at all. But he should stay a Piston. Why didn't they leave a roster spot open for him?

Stinkyoutsider
08-15-2012, 12:41 PM
I think Wallace should retire and stay retired. He really doesn't have anything to prove anymore.

He's already proved his worth by being undrafted and being one of the best defensive players in the league for a long time. He's got his ring, defensive player of the year, and has led or been top 5 in rebounds and blocks for a long time.

And most of all, he has the respect of everyone. After getting that and the rest of his awards for a great career, there's nothing left to come back for. I could see him coming back for a title run but he's already got one...

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
No he won't. He's not title chasing.

I was told the same about players like Nash and Ray before FA started this year.

DoMeFavors
08-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Should be the Nets