Philadelphia 76ers A
Phoenix Suns C+
Portland Trail Blazers C-
Sacramento Kings C-
San Antonio Spurs B
Toronto Raptors B
Utah Jazz B-
Washington Wizards B

Each team also has a write up, only team with an "F" are the Magic. Only teams with an "A" are LA, OKC, NJ and Philly.

D12 fan
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Atlanta should get a A just for getting rid of Joe Johnson's bad contract.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-14-2012, 09:11 PM
How does OKC get an A for only one addition in a bust like Thabeet?

MintBerryCrunch
08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Why does OKC get an A..

*Superman*
08-14-2012, 09:17 PM
How does OKC get an A for only one addition in a bust like Thabeet?

Why does OKC get an A..

They also got Daniel Orton from the Magic.

:laugh2:

Might be due to this.

The defending West champions remain the team to beat in the conference

But then again, the Heat probably should have been ranked an A too. BTW the reviews are done by different people for each team it seems.

SA5195
08-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Yea I still don't get why OKC got an A :laugh2:

Mave1002
08-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Out:

Bynum
Sessions
Barnes
Murphy
McRoberts
Eyenga

In:

1.) Dwight Howard & fillers for a semi-superstar and a bunch of scrubs

2.) Steve Nash for picks

3.) Antawn Jamison for cheap
4.) Jodie Meeks for cheap
5.) The Resigning of Jordan Hill for cheap

I give our team an A+ with the signing of two superstars to fill in two of the most critical positions, the semi-overhaul of the bench, getting a Lamar Odom replacement in particular (possibly one more piece to come), and not losing Pau Gasol and Ron Artest in these deals. Alot of people thought that it wouldnt be a possibility.

Limitless future possibilities (cap room) > Multiple draft picks

Los Angeles Lakers: A+

Aust
08-14-2012, 09:54 PM
^Thank you for your input..

Don't get why OKC gets an A..
Why doesn't the Heat get an A? They got Ray Allen!

c.c.
08-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I see I'm not the only one that's scratching my head to Thunder receiving an A

Mave1002
08-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Dallas also did a pretty good job, in my honest opinion. They practically signed an entire squad on each position and these guys are no push-overs. Cant remember the last time when something like this happened.

Take away that A from OKC and give it to the Mavs.

Kaman
Brand
Jones
Mayo
Collison

Mave1002
08-14-2012, 10:07 PM
^Thank you for your input..

Don't get why OKC gets an A..
Why doesn't the Heat get an A? They got Ray Allen!

That doesnt give a solution to their problems in relation to the point guard and center positions.

I mean, they already had multiple shooters. Assuming Mike Miller retires due to injury, they would still have Battier and Lewis. Alot of other shooters wouldve come for cheap. Michael Redd for instance.

xxx
Lewis
Battier
Redd
xxx

They couldve used the money to sign a legit bigman (they probably didnt see the D12 trade going down) and let Allen stay in Boston. Couldve gotten a couple of shooters for cheap, a legit starting PG, and a solid starting C.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-14-2012, 10:08 PM
the bucks got a b- i really think outside of the big trades and signings, had one of the best offseason's for their team! They addressed their needs big time after ellis trade we were 17-13 but had drew god awful gooden playing c! He couldnt clog the lane or block a shot to save his life or even box someone out, only way he gets rebounds is if it bounced off the rim straight to him! They got a legit starting caliber C in Sam D that can clog the lane block shots and rebound.... They also had a very strong draft getting Henson who was projected a top 6-10 pick at 14 and also got a real good guard an i think IMHO ( NOT HOMER OPINION) in the 2nd round in Doron Lamb honestly thought he would be a higher pick.. They also resigned Ersan Ilyasova who was 2nd in MIP voting last year at 25, albeit i think we over-payed just a tad bit. I just think they've done a real good job at improving the weakness' of the team...I could be wrong and will prob be called a HOMER but o-well...

Im not saying other teams didnt improve at positions of need either...

lakerskbp24
08-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah I dont understand why OKC got a A, but whatever. The clear winners this offseason are the Lakers, then I'd put MIA, BKN, Philly, C's, Mavs.

absolute zero
08-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Perry Jones III could be the steal of the draft, but I still don't get why OKC has the same grade as the lakers, nets and sixers.

JNA17
08-14-2012, 10:20 PM
OKC an A? Who in the blue hell wrote this crap list? The Heat done more then them this off season and they get a B?

And Lakers should get A++++++++++++++++++++++.

LTBaByyy
08-14-2012, 10:22 PM
The only teams that should have got an A are:

Lakers
76ers
Mavs
Nuggets
Celtics

Mave1002
08-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah I dont understand why OKC got a A, but whatever. The clear winners this offseason are the Lakers, then I'd put MIA, BKN, Philly, C's, Mavs.

Im giving Brooklyn a maximum grade of B. And that's for making DWill stay.

I mean, do you honestly think that Joe Johnson will make a HUGE difference?

MiamiLoyal926
08-14-2012, 10:26 PM

And as a result, the nets should not get an A for taking that big contract.

Mave1002
08-14-2012, 10:26 PM

Lakers
76ers
Mavs
Nuggets
Celtics

Thanks to those two and Brooklyn for making the eastern conference a little tougher. Compared to what the OKC Thunder went through, Miami had a stroll in the park.

HONESTLY.

LTBaByyy
08-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Nets don't deserve an A

Their whole roster is overpaid, literally.

And they didn't get a bench at all. They also have only 1 player taller than 6'9"

If Lopez gets hurt again, that really hurts their chances of being a playoff team in my opinion.

That's the best unbiased post I can give.

topdog
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Anyone else a little curious about the Nets getting an A or the Suns getting a C+ while my Wolves get just a C?

The Nets spent a ton of money on guys that likely aren't worth it and never finished reeling in Dwight. Don't get me wrong, they made the sort of bold moves we expected when Prokorov took over, but actual success on the court is uncertain and commitments are long-term.

The Suns gifted Nash to LA. They signed the "ever more mature" Beasley who thinks he'll be an all-star this year. They paid out the nose to get back Dragic. They struck out on Gordon. They were gifted Wes Johnson and won the bid for Scola. Mediocre (C) at best.

The Wolves "miss out" on Batum. They replaced Martel Webster, Michael Beasley and Wes Johnson with Chase Buddinger, AK47, Brandon Roy and Alexy Shved. Darko and AR turn into Stiemsma and Cunningham. Rubio is ahead of schedule in recovery and likely will be at full strength by December. This is just a "C" though? The major issues of wing play and backup bigs have been corrected.

Sillyness!

BradHolt4CYoung
08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Nets don't deserve an A

And they didn't get a bench at all. They also have only 1 player taller than 6'9"

If Lopez gets hurt again, that really hurts their chances of being a playoff team in my opinion.

Why do you care so much about what they are paying the players? It's still the same player. You realize that YOU care more about the money handed out then the actual who's money is coming out of their pocket? Everyone in sports is overpaid. Money is not an issue for the richest man in Russia.

They signed Dwill, Lopez, Wallace, Hump (all starting caliber NBA players/allstars/superstar) while also adding a top 5 NBA SG for scrubs.

They didn't get a bench at all? CJ Watson, Marshon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic, Reggie Evans, Tyshawn Taylor, Toko Senghalia, Keith Bogans...they only have 13 players on the roster. They will sign a 7 footer before the season starts.

You think the Mavs had a better off season then the Nets? You give them an A? So what would you give them if they actually got DERON WILLIAMS?

You rather get Darren Collison to Dwill...got it.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Hello:

-Brook Lopez played 5 games last year.
-Gerald Wallace played 16 games for the Nets last year.
-Mirza Teletovic was signed. He was the leading scorer in ALL OF EUROPE last year

BradHolt4CYoung
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM

Lakers
76ers
Mavs
Nuggets
Celtics

Nuggets added: Iggy for Affalo, Harrington, pick
They resigned Mcgee to 4/45mil and signed Anthony Randolph

HOW IS THAT BETTER THEN WHAT THE NETS DID?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Agree with all of these but I think that the Bulls are better than the D grade they got.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Nets don't deserve an A

Nets get an A because they keep Deron Williams as they start a new era in Brooklyn and keep DWill away from you guys, who were BKN's main competitors for his services.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Agree with all of these but I think that the Bulls are better than the D grade they got.

i think a d is just about right for them!

Mr_Amaziing
08-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Okc added Perry Jones, Hollis Thompson, Thabeet, Orton
Gone- Mohammed, Fisher

They got an A bcuz they kept their core together but added the right pieces to fit our team.

The reason why Miami got a B is bcuz they didn't add the pieces that they needed (Point Guard, Center). And also they both Older players

But that's my opinion tho

Mave1002
08-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Hello:

-Brook Lopez played 5 games last year.
-Gerald Wallace played 16 games for the Nets last year.
-Mirza Teletovic was signed. He was the leading scorer in ALL OF EUROPE last year

-Doesnt really give you a guarantee that he will play more than 10 this season.
-Gerald Wallace, okay, ill give you that.
-Mirza Teletovic is the leading scorer in Europe. This is the NBA were talking about.

BUt yeah okay, unless he's the 2nd coming of Dirk.

lakerskbp24
08-15-2012, 12:05 AM

They didn't just acquire JJ, they also sign the telovic guy. Who is supposedly pretty good. And at least they tried to make something happen. lol. BTW the teams are in no order.

netsgiantsyanks
08-15-2012, 12:12 AM

if the nets didn't trade for joe johnson, d-will would have most likely went to dallas. i believe that deserves at least a A-

mdm692
08-15-2012, 12:26 AM
How do the suns only have a C+. We got rid of two of our uglier contracts in childress and warrick. We have the perfect pg, not named Nash, to play in our system. We had nearly every SG available taking a look at our organization and the FO did a great job in not panicking and overpaying. We now have about 16mill in cap space to sign Harden to a max offer along with 10 picks(6 1st and 4 2nd) in the next 3 drafts. I can keep going but as of right now at least a solid B.

Bravo95
08-15-2012, 12:38 AM
And Marvin Williams contract, plus added two more draft picks and Lou Williams for practically nothing.

mdm692
08-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Anyone else a little curious about the Nets getting an A or the Suns getting a C+ while my Wolves get just a C?

The Nets spent a ton of money on guys that likely aren't worth it and never finished reeling in Dwight. Don't get me wrong, they made the sort of bold moves we expected when Prokorov took over, but actual success on the court is uncertain and commitments are long-term.

The Suns gifted Nash to LA. They signed the "ever more mature" Beasley who thinks he'll be an all-star this year. They paid out the nose to get back Dragic. They struck out on Gordon. They were gifted Wes Johnson and won the bid for Scola. Mediocre (C) at best.

The Wolves "miss out" on Batum. They replaced Martel Webster, Michael Beasley and Wes Johnson with Chase Buddinger, AK47, Brandon Roy and Alexy Shved. Darko and AR turn into Stiemsma and Cunningham. Rubio is ahead of schedule in recovery and likely will be at full strength by December. This is just a "C" though? The major issues of wing play and backup bigs have been corrected.

Sillyness!

We struck out on Gordon then we signed Brown on a 2 year deal(that will basically turn into a 1 year deal because his 2nd year is partially guaranteed). We got rid of Childress and Warrick who basically get paid a combined of 10-11 mill and in return we get a young high flyer who even of he does suck in PHX he is a FA next summer. The even more mature Beasley is at 6mill/yr for the next 3 years and considering he can be a 20ppg 6rpg that still a bargain. Scola gets 4mill for the next 3 years as well which is not bad considering he gives you 15ppg 7rpg and is a top 3 FINESSE PF. Goran Dragic started for Houston and averaged 18ppg 9apg as a starter he then wanted 10mill/year and wouldnt take less from Houston yet the Suns got him for nearly 8 mill less. We are loaded with draft picks in the next 10 years and even if they are mid to lower 1st round they are still very valuable. We have improved from last year in every aspect of the game and now can either a.)take part in one sided trades in which we give back a draft pick or b.)wait for 2013 or 2014 and offer star players, such as Harden, a max contract. I don't think we've made one bad move this off-season including the Beasley signing and, dare I say, the Nash trade(although I would of loved to have gotten shumpert in exchange for Nash).

Potential33
08-15-2012, 01:02 AM
IMO the teams grades who are far off:

Phoenix: They get a C+ for gaining 4 draft picks, Scola, Dragic, Beasley, Wes Johnson, Marshall and getting rid of two cancerious contracts in Childress and Warrick. At LEAST a B.

Atlanta: Surely higher than a C for getting rid of JJ and Marvin Williams terrible contracts and gaining Lou Williams and Harris.

Denver: Got Fournier, Randolph, Iggy and Quincy and only lost Afflao and Harrington, B+ minimum.

Miami: Should be an A for getting Allen and Lewis to their already incredible team.

Minnesota: Should be higher than a C for gaining Roy, Kirlenko, Buddinger and Shved and not losing anyone major.

Portland: Should be higher than C- in gaining Lillard and Leonard and resigning Batum and JJ Hickson.

JIDsanity
08-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Question: Why is there so much hate amid towards the Nets on PSD? Have they not been through enough the past 2 years?

NoahH
08-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Miami needs an A+ :dance: :hide:

Avenged
08-15-2012, 01:15 AM
I think the Nets deserve that A. I mean they did improve imo. They re-signed Deron, Lopez, and added a good player in Joe Johnson.

COOLbeans
08-15-2012, 01:23 AM
This report card is bs

topdog
08-15-2012, 01:27 AM
We struck out on Gordon then we signed Brown on a 2 year deal(that will basically turn into a 1 year deal because his 2nd year is partially guaranteed). We got rid of Childress and Warrick who basically get paid a combined of 10-11 mill and in return we get a young high flyer who even of he does suck in PHX he is a FA next summer. The even more mature Beasley is at 6mill/yr for the next 3 years and considering he can be a 20ppg 6rpg that still a bargain. Scola gets 4mill for the next 3 years as well which is not bad considering he gives you 15ppg 7rpg and is a top 3 FINESSE PF. Goran Dragic started for Houston and averaged 18ppg 9apg as a starter he then wanted 10mill/year and wouldnt take less from Houston yet the Suns got him for nearly 8 mill less. We are loaded with draft picks in the next 10 years and even if they are mid to lower 1st round they are still very valuable. We have improved from last year in every aspect of the game and now can either a.)take part in one sided trades in which we give back a draft pick or b.)wait for 2013 or 2014 and offer star players, such as Harden, a max contract. I don't think we've made one bad move this off-season including the Beasley signing and, dare I say, the Nash trade(although I would of loved to have gotten shumpert in exchange for Nash).

Nice post. Being a Wolves fan, I feel like Beasley is cancer. I am one of the few Wolves fans who thinks Wes can still be a good player and I think PHX is a good place for him. I was really hoping you guys would have gotten Gordon because that would have been a very intriguing line-up.

Overall, I was going along the lines of competitiveness this year because that is the only way I can really make any sense of these rankings. Obviously, the Suns have made some nice moves for the future, but I don't feel like you guys improved from last year because Nash and Hill are gone. It's too bad that New York deal couldn't have gotten done either :(

j-bay
08-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Wizards should be a B on frontcourt on a B+ overall with Nene.

topdog
08-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Question: Why is there so much hate amid towards the Nets on PSD? Have they not been through enough the past 2 years?

I don't think there's a lot of "hate." I think there are a lot of responses to over-eager Nets fans and media because the team hasn't done anything yet. I just don't get the criteria for these rankings though... it seems like the Nets got an "A" because they didn't hit worst-case scenario. I would argue that AK47 and Roy are as impactful of additions as Wallace and J.J. and at least deserve an "INC" if health issues are that much of concern.

Sidenote: I was debating with a Nets fan a couple years ago who thought that they had such a great offseason because they signed Travis Outlaw and Johan Petro. Problems solved! :eyebrow: We'll see how this goes.

JLynn943
08-15-2012, 01:46 AM
The guy who wrote the Kings' is an idiot. No mention of James Johnson when talking about defense or the small forward position. There's a good chance he starts, yet this guy says Tyreke is starting at SF, even though that is likely not happening. Besides that, adding Aaron Brooks, drafting Robinson, and re-signing Jason Thompson on top of the James Johnson addition is better than C- imo..

elopez24MIAMI
08-15-2012, 01:51 AM
It drives me crazy that I keep hearing that the heat get a B cause they did not address there holes or needs? Really? Miami does not have a hole at the PG between Mario and Norris the heat have two young athletic guards that can hit open jump shots, play good team defense which is basically all the heat need at PG since Lebron and wade do most of the ball handling... Heat got the best avalible players to them and got them both discounted and deserve an A. If Miami has any hole it would be at center that is a non issue if CB continues to buy in to playing center...The lakers I admit had a great off season and deserve an A but the reason the lakers went out and made so many moves is cause they needed a lot of help to be able to compete Miami just added great pieces that fit the team perfectly to a championship team...

elopez24MIAMI
08-15-2012, 01:54 AM
The lakers,celtics and sixers also deserve A's IMO...

RipCity32
08-15-2012, 01:58 AM
The guy who wrote the Kings' is an idiot. No mention of James Johnson when talking about defense or the small forward position. There's a good chance he starts, yet this guy says Tyreke is starting at SF, even though that is likely not happening. Besides that, adding Aaron Brooks, drafting Robinson, and re-signing Jason Thompson on top of the James Johnson addition is better than C- imo..

Good point

Gagan136
08-15-2012, 02:05 AM

Yep.. the best got better adding two more shooters, but i doubt Lewis does much as his best days are far behind him, the Lakers deserve an A+ as well.

elopez24MIAMI
08-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Yep.. the best got better adding two more shooters, but i doubt Lewis does much as his best days are far behind him, the Lakers deserve an A+ as well.

I also agree the lakers deserve an A but I think we can both agree that Lewis is probably past his prime but Nash is soon to be forty and I think we can all agree his best days are also behind him... Yet and still lakers get a BIG A and if anybody and resurrect rashard career it would be the heat he will never have so many open shots...

topdog
08-15-2012, 02:36 AM
It drives me crazy that I keep hearing that the heat get a B cause they did not address there holes or needs? Really? Miami does not have a hole at the PG between Mario and Norris the heat have two young athletic guards that can hit open jump shots, play good team defense which is basically all the heat need at PG since Lebron and wade do most of the ball handling... Heat got the best avalible players to them and got them both discounted and deserve an A. If Miami has any hole it would be at center that is a non issue if CB continues to buy in to playing center...The lakers I admit had a great off season and deserve an A but the reason the lakers went out and made so many moves is cause they needed a lot of help to be able to compete Miami just added great pieces that fit the team perfectly to a championship team...

I don't think a "B" is bad for Miami considering they already had 3pt. shooters and just added bigger names. I think the Lakers' acquisition of Howard should in-effect knock the HEAT down a peg because of the potential match-up it presents taking away Miami's ability to play the small-ball that won the championship.

elopez24MIAMI
08-15-2012, 02:49 AM
I don't think a "B" is bad for Miami considering they already had 3pt. shooters and just added bigger names. I think the Lakers' acquisition of Howard should in-effect knock the HEAT down a peg because of the potential match-up it presents taking away Miami's ability to play the small-ball that won the championship.

You assume Miami has to play the lakers game I would think the lakers will have just as big a problem matching up with Miami considering you have bosh at the five that can sink shots all the way to the three point line Dwight has to play him then you have five guys you can play at that stretch four pau is gonna have to honor... Miami gets an a cause it was already the best and got better and when you have Lebron(best player in the nba btw) and wade you can never have enough three point shooting the open up that paint. Miami showed during the finals that when those threes are falling and teams can't pack the paint there almost unbeatsable... In affect the lakers acquisition of Dwight might mean everything against Miami or it might mean nothing. The difference is Miami already won a title and made the team better lakers have not played a game yet with there new team for now I'd go with Miami all purpose small ball just my opinion though.

Eagles710
08-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Cause the thunder did not Lose anything that is why they get an A

*Superman*
08-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Yeah it seems that is what their A is based on, not because of there additions. Like they were an exception or something.

Evolution23
08-15-2012, 04:19 AM
This is all bs

Mcdoh
08-15-2012, 05:02 AM
okc got an A but miami got a B? hmm.. daniel orton, thabeet >> allen, lewis.. lol

RKO to allen and lewis..

topdog
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
You assume Miami has to play the lakers game I would think the lakers will have just as big a problem matching up with Miami considering you have bosh at the five that can sink shots all the way to the three point line Dwight has to play him then you have five guys you can play at that stretch four pau is gonna have to honor... Miami gets an a cause it was already the best and got better and when you have Lebron(best player in the nba btw) and wade you can never have enough three point shooting the open up that paint. Miami showed during the finals that when those threes are falling and teams can't pack the paint there almost unbeatsable... In affect the lakers acquisition of Dwight might mean everything against Miami or it might mean nothing. The difference is Miami already won a title and made the team better lakers have not played a game yet with there new team for now I'd go with Miami all purpose small ball just my opinion though.

As far as playing the Lakers, I would assume that they'd play some zone anyway to cover Nash and make sure Dwight is at the rim. For Miami on defense, they wouldn't be able to get away with playing smaller guys against Pau (who is great at shooting over guys) and Dwight who is too strong for anyone Miami has. That was the key when they were playing Indiana - Hibbert's offense impacted who Miami needed to have on the court and reduced the ability of Lebron/Wade to attack the rim.

I just have to say I don't understand these grades at all. I think Allen and Lewis are good (but somewhat redundant) pickups. They certainly are better than Perry Jones and Thabeet which got the Thunder an "A." So, by that comparison, they deserve an "A." At the same rate, the Lakers had a great offseason. They put themselves back into the contention picture and they get an "A." So, how does that work? They did much more to improve their team during the offseason, thus, shouldn't they have a better offseason grade? I just think this whole grading system is pretty arbitrary and screwy. I'd give OKC and Miami "B+"s or something like that simply because they theoretically "could have" made additional improvements and didn't do much.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
i think a d is just about right for them!

I really do think their bench got better:shrug:

Vinylman
08-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Okc added Perry Jones, Hollis Thompson, Thabeet, Orton
Gone- Mohammed, Fisher

They got an A bcuz they kept their core together but added the right pieces to fit our team.

The reason why Miami got a B is bcuz they didn't add the pieces that they needed (Point Guard, Center). And also they both Older players

But that's my opinion tho

LMFAO...

you criticize Miami who won the chip and would beat Oklahoma again next year because miami didn't address the center position yet oklahoma did nothing to improve post scoring which was their biggest hole...

Solid Logic :facepalm:

mdm692
08-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Nice post. Being a Wolves fan, I feel like Beasley is cancer. I am one of the few Wolves fans who thinks Wes can still be a good player and I think PHX is a good place for him. I was really hoping you guys would have gotten Gordon because that would have been a very intriguing line-up.

Overall, I was going along the lines of competitiveness this year because that is the only way I can really make any sense of these rankings. Obviously, the Suns have made some nice moves for the future, but I don't feel like you guys improved from last year because Nash and Hill are gone. It's too bad that New York deal couldn't have gotten done either :(

Even looking at it from a competitive level we are at the very least a B-. Obviously when you are a fan of other teams and you hear Suns all you thought about was Nash and how much the team relied on him and honestly we did. No one outside of Nash could create their own shot, with the exception of probably Shannon Brown(very limited though). If Nash was off the team was off we now have Goran Dragic, Beasley and Scola to go along with Brown in creating their own shot. Hell 'll even throw Wes Johnson in that group if he can provide consistent minutes. Overall even on paper we are bigger, better, stronger and faster.

2011-2012
Nash/Telfair/Price
Brown/Childress
Dudley/Hill
Frye/Morris/Warrick
Gortat/Lopez

2012-2013
Dragic/Telfair/Marshall
Dudley/Brown
Beasley/Wes/Tucker
Scola/Morris
Gortat/Frye/O'neal

Like mentioned before the previous roster was right at the cap and this new retooled roster still has some space and will be sitting on approximately 16mill once FA 2013 begins.

Mave1002
08-16-2012, 03:43 AM

A+ with an asterisk ;)

Heediot
08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Whack criteria to say the least.

Rockice_8
08-16-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't think there's a lot of "hate." I think there are a lot of responses to over-eager Nets fans and media because the team hasn't done anything yet. I just don't get the criteria for these rankings though... it seems like the Nets got an "A" because they didn't hit worst-case scenario. I would argue that AK47 and Roy are as impactful of additions as Wallace and J.J. and at least deserve an "INC" if health issues are that much of concern.

Sidenote: I was debating with a Nets fan a couple years ago who thought that they had such a great offseason because they signed Travis Outlaw and Johan Petro. Problems solved! :eyebrow: We'll see how this goes.

You can argue but you'd be wrong. Roy is on the verge of his career being over and AK (who I like) is even more injury prone then Wallace. Neither was even in the league last year. The Nets signed a top superstar PG, that's an A right there. They revamped their bench and solidified the offseason with a top 5 shooting guard and one of the top centers. Who cares what they are paid, is it your money? If they were all paid a few million less so they weren't overpaid the Nets would still be over the cap so whats a few more luxury tax dollars.

They most certainly deserve an A for their offseason as they went from a lottery team to possibly a top team in the East with one of the best starting 5's in all of basketball.

topdog
08-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Even looking at it from a competitive level we are at the very least a B-. Obviously when you are a fan of other teams and you hear Suns all you thought about was Nash and how much the team relied on him and honestly we did. No one outside of Nash could create their own shot, with the exception of probably Shannon Brown(very limited though). If Nash was off the team was off we now have Goran Dragic, Beasley and Scola to go along with Brown in creating their own shot. Hell 'll even throw Wes Johnson in that group if he can provide consistent minutes. Overall even on paper we are bigger, better, stronger and faster.

2011-2012
Nash/Telfair/Price
Brown/Childress
Dudley/Hill
Frye/Morris/Warrick
Gortat/Lopez

2012-2013
Dragic/Telfair/Marshall
Dudley/Brown
Beasley/Wes/Tucker
Scola/Morris
Gortat/Frye/O'neal

Like mentioned before the previous roster was right at the cap and this new retooled roster still has some space and will be sitting on approximately 16mill once FA 2013 begins.

Beasley is more of a negative factor than I think you realize. If he plays anything like he did his first 4 years, then he's jacking shots and messing up the flow of your offense while being useless on defense. I watched him the last 2 years in Minnesota and there were still people there believing in his "potential."

Nash is simply irreplaceable and Hill seemed to be a steady factor as well. I just don't believe that the moves made make this team any better or even close to the same as having Nash and Beasley makes even a Nash team worse. Just my opinion obviously.

topdog
08-16-2012, 06:06 PM
You can argue but you'd be wrong. Roy is on the verge of his career being over and AK (who I like) is even more injury prone then Wallace. Neither was even in the league last year. The Nets signed a top superstar PG, that's an A right there. They revamped their bench and solidified the offseason with a top 5 shooting guard and one of the top centers. Who cares what they are paid, is it your money? If they were all paid a few million less so they weren't overpaid the Nets would still be over the cap so whats a few more luxury tax dollars.

They most certainly deserve an A for their offseason as they went from a lottery team to possibly a top team in the East with one of the best starting 5's in all of basketball.

I don't feel a team should get gold stars for re-signing Deron Williams to the most money he could get and Wallace to a huge contract as he fades from his prime after trading away Derrick Favors, two top 10 picks, and Devin Harris among other things just to get the inside track.

Add on to that Joe Johnson's terrible playoff stats and the enormous sums of money he is owed. Keep adding Brook Lopez's enormous contract for a player who has been injured more often than not. Plus, Humphries ridiculous salary for a rebounder (because Brook doesn't rebound when he actually is healthy).

That's a shitload of money tied up in a lot of question marks - will Johnson show up in the playoffs? will Lopez stay healthy? will Williams bother to play now that there is a good chance of winning?

Why is money important? Because all these guys are signed long-term. Why did the Hawks desperately want Johnson gone? Because they hit their plateau as a 2nd round playoff team and had no way to get better outside of the $5M mid-level.

As for the Wolves, there are questions about Roy's health and if AK's body can handle his style of play, but is Roy's health all that much different from Lopez's? We don't know. We do know that Roy was one of the top SGs when healthy. Lopez has been "promising." AK had a great year out of the league and leading his Olympic team to its first bronze. I certainly think he is on par with Wallace, but the Wolves won't have to worry 2 years from now if he's not. Same with Roy's 2yr./$10M deal. The Wolves can re-boot. The Nets simply become the new Hawks.