PDA

View Full Version : Jim Boeheim says LeBron could challenge Michael Jordan for the best ever title.

Pages : [1] 2

Longhornfan1234
08-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Boeheim also talked about some of the players on Team USA, and was especially generous with his praise of LeBron James. Cowherd asked Boeheim if James is a different player now compared to when he joined Team USA in 2005.

Here's some of what Boeheim had to say:

"Ten times better player. Some of it is maturity. He's a leader; he was a kid when we first got him. ... He's a 6-9, 260-pound point guard-forward-center. He guarded the post guys. They always say a guy can guard five positions, I've never seen that. I've heard about it. This guy can guard five guys. he can guard your center, he can guard your small forward, big forward, point guard, two guard. You put him on anybody and he can guard them."

So, just how good is James ... and how good can he be?

"I've always thought Michael Jordan was the best player that I've ever seen. I always have and and I didn't think it was close. I'm not so sure any more. And I love Michael Jordan. I'm not so sure anymore. This guy is 6-foot-9 and 260 pounds, and he's getting better. He works on his game. His shooting is getting better. He's a phenomenal, phenomenal basketball player. I love this game, I love the history of this game. I know we've had great, great players through the years. He's like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well."

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebaske...r_boeheim.html

justinnum1
08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't think so.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-14-2012, 08:11 PM
July 8th, 2010 killed any chance for him to be compared to Michael.

xxplayerxx23
08-14-2012, 08:11 PM
It would be very tough to do so but he is the closest thing to Jordan. I don't think anyone will beat jordan out in my lifetime anyway.

xxplayerxx23
08-14-2012, 08:12 PM

I guess the day of the Dwight trade did the same for kobe ;)

PocketKings
08-14-2012, 08:12 PM
When it is all said and done Lebron will be viewed as a top 3 player of All Time. I fully believe that, but the title of the GOAT will always be MJ's.

Longhornfan1234
08-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't think so.

I don't think so either, but he will go down as a top 5 player of all-time.

SteBO
08-14-2012, 08:14 PM
LeBron could care less about being better than MJ. LeBron is in a class by himself, like how Jordan is now. This topic has been touched more times than I can count :laugh2: I just don't think this could be a real debate until LeBron's career is over. That's how great MJ was....and there's nothing wrong with that.

Longhornfan1234
08-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I can see LeBron passing up Magic, but idk about passing up MJ, Wilt, and Kareem. I think LeBron retires with three rings, three finals mvps, and five season mvps.

Chacarron
08-14-2012, 08:15 PM
When it is all said and done Lebron will be viewed as a top 3 player of All Time. I fully believe that, but the title of the GOAT will always be MJ's.

I think so too.

JordansBulls
This is like the 4th topic we had on this with just a different person saying it. I'm wondering if people even know who guys like Bill Russell and Kareem are to just put Lebron in the class of being the best ever?

SteBO
I can see LeBron passing up Magic, but idk about passing up MJ, Wilt, and Kareem. I think LeBron retires with three rings, three finals mvps, and five season mvps.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. Bottom line, I just don't see anyone ever surpassing MJ as an all-time great.

Federal Reserve
08-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Anyone who has played basketball before knows that Lebron James is a more skilled player than Michael Jordan.

Teeboy1487
08-14-2012, 08:29 PM
July 8th, 2010 killed any chance for him to be compared to Michael. This. Lebron has a chance at being top 3-5 all-time, but no way he can pass Jordan. Dumb statement by Boeheim.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-14-2012, 08:31 PM

That wasn't in Kobe's control, management did that.

What LeBron did was by his own choice. He CHOSE to join a guy who had already won a ring and finals MVP without him, and that too after winning back-to-back league MVPs and leading his team to the best overall record in the league two yrs in a row.

He didn't ride the ship fully in Cleveland, I felt he was always inching closer to a championship, but he quit too soon.

ThunderousDemon
08-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Let's see when his career is over to rank him.

cooldavid3169
08-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Kobe demanded to be traded to the Lakers before he was even in the league... He choose where he wanted to go before the draft. At least Lebron gave Cleveland everything he had before he left. It wasn't his fault Gilbert didn't know what he was doing and didn't surround him with a good front office.

What LeBron did was by his own choice. He CHOSE to join a guy who had already won a ring and finals MVP without him, and that too after winning back-to-back league MVPs and leading his team to the best overall record in the league two yrs in a row.

He didn't ride the ship fully in Cleveland, I felt he was always inching closer to a championship, but he quit too soon.

justinnum1
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
I think lebron will go down as the best player in this generation/era(since jordan retired) and over the next 5-10 years

TheNumber37
08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
No, because when it's all done he won't have a better carrer than Kobe, Shaq or Timmy D for that matter.

FraziersKnicks
08-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Top 3 all-time but MJ is the GOAT... Best player since MJ.

The Flash
08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Let's make this thread about selfish Kobe and how special he is compared to Lebron who is a bad dude for leaving the team that drafted him

Chronz
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Its not out of the question, need to see where hes at by age 30 before I comment on his odds but right now I agree it seems too tall of a task. But lets not forget MJ made it easier by retiring several times, longevity still means something and if Bron happens to come close to his statistical/winning prowess, if he plays 8-10 years longer it will be a tough choice to make.

Longhornfan1234
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
No, because when it's all done he won't have a better carrer than Kobe, Shaq or Timmy D for that matter.

Yes he will.

Chronz
08-14-2012, 08:55 PM

Nah, that prolly gave him the 2nd best chance at matching him. If he had gone to Chicago he would have had more talent alongside him and gotten much more glory in victory. Still, its better to win multiple chips than try your whole career to finally get that 1 ultra impressive ring. The odds of him winning in Cleveland were declining every year, and they showed no signs of improving the team around him.

Mr_Jones
08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Anyone who has played basketball before knows that Lebron James is a more skilled player than Michael Jordan.

WHAT?

:speechless:

OaklandsFinest
08-14-2012, 08:56 PM

So whats the difference between leaving and persuing a championship with better talent ( Lebron). And after running out of town, the man who put three rings on your fingers, wastes 2-3 seasons, then demands a trade unless the get him ANOTHER big man who can win him rings? (kobe). In fact lebron has demonstrated infinite more maturity, stability, and ability over his career than Kobe could ever dream.

Chronz
08-14-2012, 08:57 PM

Maybe but I think Kobe is the easiest guy to dethrone, but no doubt, it wont be easy. Particularly with the Lakers adding this much talent, the Thunder being a young power and his best teammate declining.

Chronz
08-14-2012, 08:59 PM
So whats the difference between leaving and persuing a championship with better talent ( Lebron). And after running out of town, the man who put three rings on your fingers, wastes 2-3 seasons, then demands a trade unless the get him ANOTHER big man who can win him rings? (kobe). In fact lebron has demonstrated infinite more maturity, stability, and ability over his career than Kobe could ever dream.

True, at least Bron gave Cleveland a chance. Kobe was ready to jump ship on a team that had already brought him titles after a mere 3 years as the undisputed man of the team.

IIISSKiLL
08-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Wait I thought everyone was done with this Kobe thing ? LeBron will have a better career than Kobe.. believvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv dattttttt

still1ballin
08-14-2012, 09:07 PM
The fact that LeBron DECIDED on his own to join forces with a superteam will hurt his legacy a little bit. Heck, Jordan could of easily took the easy way out and joined forces with Magic and the Lakers and won so many more championships but he stuck with his team.

Had Lebron won a championship with the Cavs then he would definitely be in discussion.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I think Lebron can get to number 2 if all falls right for him. At worst top 10 all time. A lot would have to go right to get to number 2, and a lot would have to go wrong to get to number 10. He is amazing.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Lebron has a lot of career left, lets see how he adjusts when he loses some of his athleticism.

Personally, I think he goes down as the second best of all time. I think for some, him "taking his talents to South Beach," will play a major role in where they place him. But this is a completely subjective argument so who cares.

I say if he continues dominating like this, he'll be the SGOAT behind MJ and/or Lin

northsider
08-14-2012, 09:10 PM
LMAO.

Cool story but, no.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
To be honest, Lebron has shored up all his shortcomings. He has improved his jump shot, improved in the clutch, matured in his on the court actions(less dancing, no more nervous nail biting etc) He greatly improved his defense. I dont see how he can be better. He just needs to keep getting all the accolades of winning and MVP's and he is right there

oak2455
08-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Ohhh jimmy worry about you're kids in school and the freaks that you hire

knickfan33
08-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Lol.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't know it still early. Because if you looked at Jordan's career after his first ring people would say great player but no magic Johnson. You have to look at it like magic was winning when he first came in the league which is VERY rare. So its wayyyy to early for lebron. But one thing you can see is he is revolutionizing the NBA u c teams going for more all around players then set positions which I think is in big part because of lebron that's just how the league is teams tend to try to mimmick the best like when shaq was dominant every was trying to get the next great center same thing with Jordan. I feel like Jordan will always be Jordan but he might not be so lonely at the top like a 1a 1b thing which will kind of make it more interesting for the future to always argue in the barbershop or while playing 2k about who the greatest of all time is. Because you have a guy in MJ who had pretty much a perfect career but then you have 6'9 monster that had to go through some trials in and tribulations to get to there but he's playing perfect ball right now too, if he can keep it up...only time will tell

Yanks All Day
08-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Re-open this debate in, oh, 10 years. Not close now. Can be very different once LeBron's career is over.

Losoway
08-14-2012, 09:26 PM
lebron already is the best ever

Aust
08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
We gonna make a thread anytime somebody makes a Lebron MJ comparison? I'd at least wish the person making the comparison was involved in the NBA

C-Style
08-14-2012, 09:33 PM
This is like the 4th topic we had on this with just a different person saying it. I'm wondering if people even know who guys like Bill Russell and Kareem are to just put Lebron in the class of being the best ever?

I think as a Jordan stan, u feel threaten by James

ThunderousDemon
08-14-2012, 09:34 PM

Your act is getting old. :yawn:

C-Style
08-14-2012, 09:37 PM
To become the 2nd GOAT Lebron needs 4 F-MVP's

Don't Forget Jordan has 6 Championships, 6 Finals-MVP's & 5 Season MVP's.

Oh and did I mention, his stats in the Finals will never be matched by LeBron.

Swift Game
08-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest comments I've seen on these forums. You obviously have not seen MJ play in his prime. Lebron lacks many skills that MJ had that he will never have.

LeBron to me is physically gifted and a better athlete and stronger. Thats probably about it. Everything else goes to jordan. And those are not even skills. Skill wise its not even close bro, stay off of that heavy s h it.

D-Leethal
08-14-2012, 10:02 PM
If your talking pure basketball skills, than yea. If your talking cold blooded winner, intangibles, refuse to lose mentality, ice water in the veins assassin than no.

D-Leethal
08-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest comments I've seen on these forums. You obviously have not seen MJ play in his prime. Lebron lacks many skills that MJ had that he will never have.

LeBron to me is physically gifted and a better athlete and stronger. Thats probably about it. Everything else goes to jordan. And those are not even skills. Skill wise its not even close bro, stay off of that heavy s h it.

If the post is so dumb why don't you provide a counter argument as to why?

What pure basketball skills does MJ really dominate LeBron? If anything I see more that LeBron has the edge.

Pure basketball skills doesn't make him a more dominant or even better player. Skills still need to be translated into production on the court and eventually championships , but if LeBron doesn't match the latter doesn't mean he didn't have the skills.....it means he was lacking the intangible things like heart, drive, will to win etc...

Pure basketball skills?

Like ball handling, shooting, first step, playmaking PG type play, rebounding, 1 on 1 defense, off the ball team defense, FT shooting, 3 point shooting, full court speed, full court vision etc...

I don't see how the statement is false at all and I consider myself a big time LeBron hater.

Skill-wise, I see LeBron as a more well rounded player. Dominance-wise I do not. MJ dominated with less skills than LeBron has because of the intangibles he brought to the game, which is why he is the GOAT. Nobody is touching him in that area, not even Kobe.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:17 PM

Hell no top 10 for sure top 6-7 if he wins 1-2 more rings top 5 if he wins 3+ as the man I'm sorry but I don't see it

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:22 PM
I think lebron will go down as the best player in this generation/era(since jordan retired) and over the next 5-10 years

It was Jordan then Kobe and now lebrons era Kobe was the best in his era 2000-2010 Lebron will be the best 2011-2020 along with Durant and maybe dwight

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:22 PM

Agreed

seikou8
08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
he will be better than kobe only thing kobe does better is ..................................... shoot more shots

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Maybe but I think Kobe is the easiest guy to dethrone, but no doubt, it wont be easy. Particularly with the Lakers adding this much talent, the Thunder being a young power and his best teammate declining.

By the time Kobe retires he'll have more rings, points assists steals and tons of other accolades then both shaq and Duncan so check your statement again please

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Wait I thought everyone was done with this Kobe thing ? LeBron will have a better career than Kobe.. believvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv dattttttt

It's easy to say that right now that Lebron is at the top and is getting his dick sucked by the media but next year when the lakers beat the heat for Kobe's six rings people will say he'll never be better then kobe

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:28 PM

Lol now I know why you think the lakers aren't that good, you have no basketball knowledge

Swift Game
08-14-2012, 10:30 PM
If the post is so dumb why don't you provide a counter argument as to why?

What pure basketball skills does MJ really dominate LeBron? If anything I see more that LeBron has the edge.

Pure basketball skills doesn't make him a more dominant or even better player. Skills still need to be translated into production on the court and eventually championships , but if LeBron doesn't match the latter doesn't mean he didn't have the skills.....it means he was lacking the intangible things like heart, drive, will to win etc...

Pure basketball skills?

Like ball handling, shooting, first step, playmaking PG type play, rebounding, 1 on 1 defense, off the ball team defense, FT shooting, 3 point shooting, full court speed, full court vision etc...

I don't see how the statement is false at all and I consider myself a big time LeBron hater.

Skill-wise, I see LeBron as a more well rounded player. Dominance-wise I do not. MJ dominated with less skills than LeBron has because of the intangibles he brought to the game, which is why he is the GOAT. Nobody is touching him in that area, not even Kobe.

Ok fine if you must really want to go there. Since you are a Knicks fan you should really know better as MJ has given you a plethora of evidence.

Ball Handling/ Creativity/ 3pt shooting/Mid range jumper/Patent fade away/ total offensive game/ 1 on 1 defender/ off ball defender/ team defense defender/ finishing at the rim/ reading opposing defenses/ Basketball IQ/ quicker with the ball and getting through the lane/ hitting timely shots/ getting in other guys head/ demanding doubles/ creating for other guys. I can go on and on but why? This debate is not even close.

Not to mention killer instinct and heart which are huge. He also strikes fear in the hearts of all opposing teams and players and was impossible to guard. Do me a favor and get the NBA TV channel and watch some of these playback games and you may understand what many already do. :cool:

seikou8
08-14-2012, 10:30 PM
It's easy to say that right now that Lebron is at the top and is getting his dick sucked by the media but next year when the lakers beat the heat for Kobe's six rings people will say he'll never be better then kobe

rings are the worst thing to judge a player

jchase3
08-14-2012, 10:33 PM
It's so funny to see people get caught up in the moment. LeBron had a great season and finally won a ring so now he's the greatest ever? Please. He WILL go down as one of the all-time greats... but putting his name next to Jordan at this point in his career, without even mentioning guys like Magic, Bird, Kobe, Kareem, etc. is just ridiculous.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:34 PM
he will be better than kobe only thing kobe does better is ..................................... shoot more shots

Let's see hes 10x more cold blooded(clutch)
He was a better defender in his prime then Lebron ever will be
He was just amazing in his prime sure now Kobe is still a top 5 player but nothing anywhere lebrons level at this point, but both in their prime, give me Kobe and I bet all the NBA legends would agree ask Jordan,magic,bird etc. they would take Kobe over Lebron if they were both in their prime Kobe is a winner Lebron is still learning that, once it's all said and done Kobe will rank in the top 5 maybe top 3 depending if he wins 1-2 more championships and will rank above Lebron quote me on that

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:37 PM
rings are the worst thing to judge a player

If your talking about role players then I agree but if your talking about all time greats and leaders of the team then I disagree that says a lot because that tells me if your really that great you will win multiple championships as the leader of your team

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
It's so funny to see people get caught up in the moment. LeBron had a great season and finally won a ring so now he's the greatest ever? Please. He WILL go down as one of the all-time greats... but putting his name next to Jordan at this point in his career, without even mentioning guys like Magic, Bird, Kobe, Kareem, etc. is just ridiculous.

Exactly he's still gotta get past those guys even Duncan shaq Hakeem
It will take him 2-3 more rings and him maintaining these stats to surpass some of these guys

knickfan33
08-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Lebron has a lot of career left, lets see how he adjusts when he loses some of his athleticism.

Personally, I think he goes down as the second best of all time. I think for some, him "taking his talents to South Beach," will play a major role in where they place him. But this is a completely subjective argument so who cares.

I say if he continues dominating like this, he'll be the SGOAT behind MJ and/or Lin

i love you right now... no homo.

D-Leethal
08-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Ok fine if you must really want to go there. Since you are a Knicks fan you should really know better as MJ has given you a plethora of evidence.

Ball Handling/ Creativity/ 3pt shooting/Mid range jumper/Patent fade away/ total offensive game/ 1 on 1 defender/ off ball defender/ team defense defender/ finishing at the rim/ reading opposing defenses/ Basketball IQ/ quicker with the ball and getting through the lane/ hitting timely shots/ getting in other guys head/ demanding doubles/ creating for other guys. I can go on and on but why? This debate is not even close.

Not to mention killer instinct and heart which are huge. He also strikes fear in the hearts of all opposing teams and players and was impossible to guard. Do me a favor and get the NBA TV channel and watch some of these playback games and you may understand what many already do. :cool:

I'm not saying LeBron is better than MJ or even has a chance to be, I don't, but I think he might have more pure god given basketball talents. Trust me I have seen all the games, Jordan is the GOAT and did plenty of things LeBron couldn't dream of, but not all of those things you mentioned are true, just cause you spout it out doesn't mean jack.

D-Leethal
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
I forgot this is the NBA forum, there isn't the ability to comprehend the fact that the most talented players aren't always the greatest of all time.

seikou8
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Let's see hes 10x more cold blooded(clutch)
He was a better defender in his prime then Lebron ever will be
He was just amazing in his prime sure now Kobe is still a top 5 player but nothing anywhere lebrons level at this point, but both in their prime, give me Kobe and I bet all the NBA legends would agree ask Jordan,magic,bird etc. they would take Kobe over Lebron if they were both in their prime Kobe is a winner Lebron is still learning that, once it's all said and done Kobe will rank in the top 5 maybe top 3 depending if he wins 1-2 more championships and will rank above Lebron quote me on that

who more efficient who took a bad cavs team to the finals. who is the better playmaker and rebounder. who averages more points over his career. kobe is not a top 5 player of all time i go by whole career not just prime bro lebron has four seasons better all of Kobe seasons. rings are a team thing

pedrofan45
08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
haha kobe homers.. you mad?

devilsheat25
08-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Nope. Top 5.

IIISSKiLL
08-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Kobe is NOT on LeBron's level.. no way no how

effen5
08-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Jordan is better than Lebron is almost every way...Lebron might have more assists and rebounds but Jordan didn't need to do that later in his career and thats the only thing Lebron has on Jordan.

effen5
08-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Kobe prime vs Lebron prime?

I think people forget how unguardable Kobe was/is.

Yanks All Day
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
There's still SO much time left in LeBron's career that it's silly to say yes or no definitively. Before Jordan won his first title, he was another great scorer that couldn't get past the Pistons. After he won, he went on a tear through the league. That may or may not happen with LeBron, but clearly things can change. Same for Magic Johnson. Went from "Tragic Magic" to one of the greatest ever. Give LeBron time. Statistically, he'll probably be right up there in the top 2-3 all time in terms of well rounded statistical careers. Throw in another 3-4 rings and there will certainly be a strong debate. Point being: so many things can still happen in either direction that the debate is stupid. He's only 27.

xk4
08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Lebron can put up all the stats he wants to, Jordan is the GOAT

It's like trying to convince people that your favorite band is better than the Beatles. I personally don't care for the Beatles, but their level of success and importance can never be duplicated simply because they came first

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 11:15 PM
who more efficient who took a bad cavs team to the finals. who is the better playmaker and rebounder. who averages more points over his career. kobe is not a top 5 player of all time i go by whole career not just prime bro lebron has four seasons better all of Kobe seasons. rings are a team thing

Lol congrats he took the cabs to the finals when the east was at its weakeast there weren't any dominant teams haha but the spurs swept him and don't come to me with oh but Kobe couldn't get out of the first round without pau gasol well no **** look at his teammates they were all 5x worse then lebrons besides lamar.
Better playmaker I'll give you that Lebron has kobe there but Kobe isn't bad either rebounding obviously its lebrons he's taller and stronger!
Kobe's got better footwork,mentality and tons of other things over Lebron let's talk when lebrons Kobes age. What Kobe is doing right now is amazing will Lebron be able to do the same when he's 33-34? When he can't jump or over power everyone? All I know is he better develop a post up game like Jordan or Kobe or he's done

Rndy
08-14-2012, 11:16 PM
It's a different era no idea why people always bring this up. Lebron will be the best player of his era. It was a much different game from when Jordan played.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 11:16 PM
haha kobe homers.. you mad?

Mad at what? Kobe's resume speaks for itself
Let's see when lebrons 34 I wanna see what he's able to do

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 11:18 PM

Not right now obviously but I can also say lebron isn't on Kobe's level in terms of career wise! So let's just wait and see what happens but if/when Kobe starts winning more rings it will only make it that much tougher for Lebron to surpass him

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-14-2012, 11:20 PM

I've been saying this all along people forget how great he was, he was unstoppable! But lebrons on top right now so let the little Lebron fans enjoy their moment for now

C-Style
08-14-2012, 11:34 PM

Basketball world has a very short memory

Sssmush
08-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Well, we finally got him a championship. Let's hurry up and waste no time in declaring the best ever, a combination of Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan that is twice as good as either of them.

Let's be honest. This kind of hyperbole is intended to head off all talk of who is greater between Kobe vs Lebron.

Because Kobe already has 5 rings, and MONSTER career stats. And Kobe is very likely to go on another run and win or two more championships right now.

So I think Boheim is trying to put Lebron out of reach, trying to say that Lebron is so super super super amazingly great that even if he never played another game we would have to say he was actually #1, better than Jordan and thus Kobe Bryant cannot even be in the same conversation as him.

Which is BS. Honestly, I'm not even sure how much better than Karl Malone Lebron actually is. And clearly Kobe has dimensions to his game offensively that Lebron can't even begin to touch at this point. We saw in the Finals, it came down to "Lebron take ball, Lebron dribble ball, Lebron slam through lane and make layup." That was virtually all there was to his midrange game.

Don't get me wrong, Lebron is great, but if you are going to grade him as a power forward then you need to compare him with like prime Malone, Garnett and Duncan. Point guard, start with comparing to Magic Johnson and maybe like CP3. How does Lebron stack up against CP3 in point guard skills?

Small forward or shooting guard, compare him to Kobe and Jordan. As a defender, compare him to prime Garnett, Kobe and Dwight.

Will anybody really say that Lebron just crushes all those comparisons in every facet and should therefore be enshrined as the greatest of all time as of 2012? That sounds ridiculous to me.

majmarcus
08-14-2012, 11:47 PM
The following are things you can count on to be mentioned whenever theres a Jordan comparison:

*Noone will EVER come close to Jordan.
*If Lebron does this or that then he'll rank here.
*Some geek with the "Just look at the numbers" attitude & think that says everything one could possibly need to know about anything. Well just look at these stats
*Well Kobe only did this or that because he played with Shaq...
*If either player did this or that, then they DESERVE to be compared to God, I mean Jordan!!!

There is an overload of idiocy that Im reminded of EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE UTTERS THE NAMES: KOBE LEBRON, OR JORDAN. For each poster that makes sense. About 5-10 is beyond ********. Lets get something straight right now. There isnt a single human being that will impact the game of basketball like Micheal Jordan. Not Kobe, not Lebron, not Durant, no one!!!!

All of you stat happy bastards need to really fall back off that because a plethera of players has/will accomplish things that none of those names has never & will ever accomplish. As far as basketball style of play/skill level/approach/smoothness/footwork/MENTAL TOUGHNESS/focus/commitment to excellence. Kobe is every bit of Jordan's equal.

Bron is a marvelously gifted physical freak mofo of a beast on the court. As It pertains to filling a stat sheet & collecting a boatload of individual honors. He rivals Jordan moreso than Kobe. But in terms of career success & THE ULTIMATE PRIZE. Lebron James DOES NOT BELONG IN THAT DISCUSSION...PERIOD!

The only one who has earned his stripes/deserves the comparisons to the Great one is Kobe. Lebron just may blow by Kobe & go on a run that none of us has even imagined. But he hasnt done that yet. Lebron may not win another ring. We simply dont know how the young man's career will turn out. So until then, lets just enjoy whatever Kobe has left & what Lebron has to offer.

All 3 of these guys were/is pure artists on the court. There wont be any duplicates because their one of a kind. Their breeds are rare & very few are of their caliber. They are phuuckinn thoroughbreads at what they do. Just enjoy and STFU about stats :D

dodie53
08-14-2012, 11:48 PM
MJ is still the GOAT

JordansBulls
08-14-2012, 11:56 PM
When Lebron takes an organization that never won anything prior to him arriving and turns them into a dynasty and wins the titles without having a guy who got it done as the man and doesn't have any bronze medals in the olympics and also is undefeated in series with HCA then we can talk.

STL Don
08-15-2012, 12:00 AM
LeBron was absolutely dominant this past season. He took over in the regular season, postseason and finals. I think he's the best all around player in the game today and could end up being one of the greatest of all time, possibly in the top 5.
With that said, he's still has a long way ahead of him. Even though he can do pretty much everything at a high level, he still has to improve that jumper a little bit and win more titles. It's as simple as that.
Kobe Bryant is still the man to be compared to MJ, and the only man who can be compared to MJ imo. He's entering his 17th season next year and still going strong.
He also has the chance to tie Jordan in titles..LBJ needs 5 more to do that.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-15-2012, 12:01 AM
The following are things you can count on to be mentioned whenever theres a Jordan comparison:

*Noone will EVER come close to Jordan.
*If Lebron does this or that then he'll rank here.
*Some geek with the "Just look at the numbers" attitude & think that says everything one could possibly need to know about anything. Well just look at these stats
*Well Kobe only did this or that because he played with Shaq...
*If either player did this or that, then they DESERVE to be compared to God, I mean Jordan!!!
There is an overload of idiocy that Im reminded of EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE UTTERS THE NAMES: KOBE LEBRON, OR JORDAN. For each poster that makes sense. About 5-10 is beyond ********. Lets get something straight right now. There isnt a single human being that will impact the game of basketball like Micheal Jordan. Not Kobe, not Lebron, not Durant, no one!!!!

All of you stat happy bastards need to really fall back off that because a plethera of players has/will accomplish things that none of those names has never & will ever accomplish. As far as basketball style of play/skill level/approach/smoothness/footwork/MENTAL TOUGHNESS/focus/commitment to excellence. Kobe is every bit of Jordan's equal.

Bron is a marvelously gifted physical freak mofo of a beast on the court. As It pertains to filling a stat sheet & collecting a boatload of individual honors. He rivals Jordan moreso than Kobe. But in terms of career success & THE ULTIMATE PRIZE. Lebron James DOES NOT BELONG IN THAT DISCUSSION...PERIOD!

The only one who has earned his stripes/deserves the comparisons to the Great one is Kobe. Lebron just may blow by Kobe & go on a run that none of us has even imagined. But he hasnt done that yet. Lebron may not win another ring. We simply dont know how the young man's career will turn out. So until then, lets just enjoy whatever Kobe has left & what Lebron has to offer.

All 3 of these guys were/is pure artists on the court. There wont be any duplicates because their one of a kind. Their breeds are rare & very few are of their caliber. They are phuuckinn thoroughbreads at what they do. Just enjoy and STFU about stats :D

:clap:

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-15-2012, 12:03 AM
LeBron was absolutely dominant this past season. He took over in the regular season, postseason and finals. I think he's the best all around player in the game today and could end up being one of the greatest of all time, possibly in the top 5.
With that said, he's still has a long way ahead of him. Even though he can do pretty much everything at a high level, he still has to improve that jumper a little bit and win more titles. It's as simple as that.
Kobe Bryant is still the man to be compared to MJ, and the only man who can be compared to MJ imo. He's entering his 17th season next year and still going strong.

Beautiful post I couldn't have said it any better myself

mdm692
08-15-2012, 12:05 AM

When D12 got traded Kobe already had 5 rings. When LBJ went to MIA he had none and Wade had 1. If anybodys credibilities as GOAT get questioned it has got to be D12.

Im_in_Mia_bish
08-15-2012, 12:06 AM
lebron has a shot. the decision didnt do anything to deter that. stop that garbage talk!

i say time will tell. im not going to say no, and im not going to say yes.

he is on the right path tho.

and he's only played 8 seasons, i see no reason to continue this debate until his career IS OVER.

last time we had a comparison debate (tmac vs kobe), (carter vs kobe), we were all terribly disappointed..

so.. let it play out before the slurpers say yes, and the haters say no.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-15-2012, 12:06 AM
When Lebron takes an organization that never won anything prior to him arriving and turns them into a dynasty and wins the titles without having a guy who got it done as the man and doesn't have any bronze medals in the olympics and also is undefeated in series with HCA then we can talk.

This post wins. :clap:

Chronz
08-15-2012, 12:10 AM
By the time Kobe retires he'll have more rings, points assists steals and tons of other accolades then both shaq and Duncan so check your statement again please
LOL, impact and defense + advanced stats mean more than raw stats.

Why would I value Kobes rings over Duncans overall dominance. Did Kobe ever win a title with a decrepit roster? Duncan did.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Had he not lost in the Finals twice, he could've. If this year was his first trip to the finals and he won at least 5 titles with a perfect Finals record, he would be up there.

If he wins 3 titles, he's going to be top 5 all time. Win 4 titles and he's top 2 in my books.

Chronz
08-15-2012, 12:12 AM
This post wins. :clap:

LMFAO

Of course you would believe this, you usually go ghost when someone challenges your opinion, may as well hop on the JB copy and paste bandwagon. Sadly we've been down this road, it leads to JB referring to injured Ben Wallace and Shaq as proven winners. It leads to inconsistent analysis like claiming stats overrate Bron in one series but prove that Shaq outplayed Bron in a (crucial game).

I think your better off just making **** up than riding regurgitating a robotic argument.

Chronz
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Had he not lost in the Finals twice, he could've. If this year was his first trip to the finals and he won at least 5 titles with a perfect Finals record, he would be up there.

If he wins 3 titles, he's going to be top 5 all time. Win 4 titles and he's top 2 in my books.
How is making the Finals a bad thing? Its not better to lose in the ECF, Semis or the first round bro

Jarvo
08-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Lebron > MJ

One on One

MJ > Lebron

All time.

GREATNESS ONE
08-15-2012, 12:22 AM
:yawn:

Lol

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Lol, why is this about Kobe now?

Lebron will be above Kobe by the end of their careers. End of story.

Chronz
08-15-2012, 12:37 AM

Most Kobe fans take offense to anyone other than he being compared to MJ so early in their careers.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 12:40 AM
How is making the Finals a bad thing? Its not better to lose in the ECF, Semis or the first round bro

I'm noy saying it's better. But some people have this obsession of Jordan's perfect Finals record. If Lebron mimicked that perfect Finals record, we don't have to hear people saying 'he lost in the playoffs'.

MackSnackWrap
08-15-2012, 12:54 AM
These threads are getting annoying. The MJ lebron comparisons have got to stop. None of us are psychic. Could lebron go on to become the g.o.a.t? Of course he could. Could he end up as a top 10 of all time. Yeah. Lebrons 27 and hes got his best years ahead of him. It can go either way. Its to early to compare. Let him play out his years and after its all said and done we can make a fair comparison. As of now lets just all agree hes the best current nba player in the league lol.

Avenged
08-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Probably can. 5 more rings to go though.

Avenged
08-15-2012, 01:02 AM
LeBron could care less about being better than MJ. LeBron is in a class by himself, like how Jordan is now. This topic has been touched more times than I can count :laugh2: I just don't think this could be a real debate until LeBron's career is over. That's how great MJ was....and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't know, I think Lebron cares. They won't admit it out of respect but you have to think players strive to be called the greatest.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-15-2012, 01:17 AM

Give me three good reasons why Lebron will be ahead of Kobe by the end of their careers? Kobe has 4 more rings is more clutch better handles better defense(in his prime) foot work and a lot of other things, oh and if I'm not mistaken he's on his way to win 1 to possibly 3 more NBA titles and the more he wins the less likely it will be for Lebron to surpass Kobe, I mean It will already be hard

kylem4711
08-15-2012, 01:19 AM
id say my sig works well here.

THE MTL
08-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Lebron could never challenge Jordan because the fans wont let him. Lets be honest, as great of the "next guy" will be.....everyone will always put MJ first because they hold him so high on a pedestal.

One thing I will say that Lebron James has separated himself from the rest of the NBA. He is on his OWN level. A level beyond CP3, Kobe, Wade, Howard, Melo, Rose etc.

Swift Game
08-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Lebron could never challenge Jordan because the fans wont let him. Lets be honest, as great of the "next guy" will be.....everyone will always put MJ first because they hold him so high on a pedestal.

One thing I will say that Lebron James has separated himself from the rest of the NBA. He is on his OWN level. A level beyond CP3, Kobe, Wade, Howard, Melo, Rose etc.

I agree with this for this past season although Durant is not too far back at this point. If you are talking about their careers up until now Kobe is way beyond Lebron and he has a long way to go before you can put those two in the same sentence. Maybe he will get there at some point.

I will say that he will be greater than the likes of Barkley, Malone,K.G., Stockton and Ewing when its all said and done. Still behind /Shaq/Duncan/ Hakeem O./Kobe imo if you are looking at careers thus far.

UPRock
08-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Give me three good reasons why Lebron will be ahead of Kobe by the end of their careers? Kobe has 4 more rings is more clutch better handles better defense(in his prime) foot work and a lot of other things, oh and if I'm not mistaken he's on his way to win 1 to possibly 3 more NBA titles and the more he wins the less likely it will be for Lebron to surpass Kobe, I mean It will already be hard

Dude stop it, in every post you mention how Kobe is going to win more titles and blah blah, we don't know ok, his team is not that young you know? And you don't even know how's Dwight so stop. LeBron James is the best player in the world and at its current pace he can be better than Kobe. Will he? We don't know. It is possible so stop saying its impossible to be better than Kobe.
Kobe has the titles, LeBron has everything else remember that.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 01:34 AM
id say my sig works well here.

Copy cat.

UPRock
08-15-2012, 01:34 AM
The only people I've seen so far saying that LeBron can't be that good are Kobe fans, why?

0nekhmer
08-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Jordan was great at defending and scoring
Magic was great at passing and rebounding
Lebron is great at defending, rebounding, passing and scoring(when he wants to).

Lebron should be in his own category like the above two. If you want to compare players, compare those who play similarly.. So far the only comparable players I can make are Jordan and Kobe. Other than that, there really is no comparison.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 01:36 AM

Since you're assuming Kobe wins 1-3 more titles, can I assume Lebron finishes with 4 titles, 4 F.MVP, 5 MVP, 1 DPOY and all those other accolades?

If you want 3 reasons, here's 3.

1. Lebron is the better player
2. Lebron still has at least 7 years to get more accolades and he likely will.
3. Kobe's not winning any more.

I mean if you can make guarantees that Kobe's winning at least 1 ring, can I make those claims?

kylem4711
08-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Copy cat.

i call seniority!

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 01:38 AM
i call seniority!

I'm going to have to ban you for that.

kylem4711
08-15-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm going to have to ban you for that.

seniority

Max.This
08-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Lebron has the talent and size, but honestly he wouldnt put up the same numbers if he played in the jordan era. Those touch calls he gets now wouldnt have happened. This league and officiating now makes basketball so hard to watch. Its not about who works the hardest anymore, its about who's more crafty and deceitful

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-15-2012, 01:45 AM
Dude stop it, in every post you mention how Kobe is going to win more titles and blah blah, we don't know ok, his team is not that young you know? And you don't even know how's Dwight so stop. LeBron James is the best player in the world and at its current pace he can be better than Kobe. Will he? We don't know. It is possible so stop saying its impossible to be better than Kobe.
Kobe has the titles, LeBron has everything else remember that.

Everything else
Kobe has killer instincts (clutch) I can go on and on, and hey your right Lebron can one day be better then Kobe will he I dont think so... And trust me I'll keep saying it idgaf what u say lakers will win atleast one more championship

8kobe24
08-15-2012, 01:48 AM
I honestly think lebron doesn't care if he's goat. I'm sure he's relieved that he's finally won a championship and won't be heckled anymore.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Lebron has the talent and size, but honestly he wouldnt put up the same numbers if he played in the jordan era. Those touch calls he gets now wouldnt have happened. This league and officiating now makes basketball so hard to watch. Its not about who works the hardest anymore, its about who's more crafty and deceitful

Blow on Jordan and he would've gotten the call. Star calls have always been around.

Munkeysuit
08-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Lebron dominated the game in a different manner than Jordan did, Jordan would most likely be the dude that brings the Bulls back from a deficit or take the game winning clutch shots. Michael could also be counted on to make that game saving plays as well, a block or steal or forcing a turnover as well. But Lebron? I have never seen a dude fill up the stat sheet in nearly every category and be such a powerful factor in every aspect of the game...EVERY ASPECT! Lebron does everything! he makes it look so easy, so we expect him to do it all the time, which is nearly impossible, so our standards and what we expect from him are simply outlandish...this is why he always fails in comparison to Jordan, Michael started the fantasy and Lebron is simply filling those voids now that MJ is gone.
For the most part, it's our own fault, trying to find the "next Jordan" shouldn't have even been placed in our consciences, waiting and then appreciating the next best thing should have.

UPRock
08-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Everything else
Kobe has killer instincts (clutch) I can go on and on, and hey your right Lebron can one day be better then Kobe will he I dont think so... And trust me I'll keep saying it idgaf what u say lakers will win atleast one more championship

LOL ok Clutch, u know clutch is a stupid statistic? People keep saying clutch! Making shots when there's little time left...ok. Since LeBron came to the league he has been among the best in in the league in 4th quarter points, yet people say he's not clutch because sometimes he doesn't make shots with little time left, but he's destroying everyone the entire quarter. Give me 20 points in the 4th quarter over 2 points at the end all the time!! So you say Kobe is better in clutch...and you can go on and on, let me read that.

Munkeysuit
08-15-2012, 01:57 AM
One on one? I would have to say Michael is too crafty with the ball to ever be stopped, while Lebron is just so athletically gifted, powerful and fast to be really bothered by Jordan. Faced up on the wing? Lebron would have no chance, but on the post? Lebron would dominate MJ. Lebron would be blocking tons of shots as well.
I hate when people compare greatness to rings or titles, I mean come on...this would mean Bill Russel is the greatest player of all time and it would also mean Robert Horry is better than MJ or Kobe :/

UPRock
08-15-2012, 02:04 AM
One on one? I would have to say Michael is too crafty with the ball to ever be stopped, while Lebron is just so athletically gifted, powerful and fast to be really bothered by Jordan. Faced up on the wing? Lebron would have no chance, but on the post? Lebron would dominate MJ. Lebron would be blocking tons of shots as well.
I hate when people compare greatness to rings or titles, I mean come on...this would mean Bill Russel is the greatest player of all time and it would also mean Robert Horry is better than MJ or Kobe :/

People don't understand that, they always bring up the titles discussion without realizing how awful some of the teams were.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-15-2012, 02:04 AM
LOL ok Clutch, u know clutch is a stupid statistic? People keep saying clutch! Making shots when there's little time left...ok. Since LeBron came to the league he has been among the best in in the league in 4th quarter points, yet people say he's not clutch because sometimes he doesn't make shots with little time left, but he's destroying everyone the entire quarter. Give me 20 points in the 4th quarter over 2 points at the end all the time!! So you say Kobe is better in clutch...and you can go on and on, let me read that.

So you'd rather have Lebron score 20 points in the 4th and lose the game or have Kobe score 2 and win the game? Cuz that's what I'm understanding

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 02:07 AM
So you'd rather have Lebron score 20 points in the 4th and lose the game or have Kobe score 2 and win the game? Cuz that's what I'm understanding

:laugh2:

You make it sound like it's guaranteed Lebron loses and Kobe wins. Pathetic.

Greedy22
08-15-2012, 02:07 AM

I think you mean more talented..

natelpete
08-15-2012, 02:10 AM
He isn't right now, but he's still semi young. I think he could be, when all is said and done.

UPRock
08-15-2012, 02:13 AM

Of course, because without a big run there's no "clutch" moment you know? Lets say LeBron goes beast mode in the 4th quarter and ties the game and then Wade makes the game winning shot. That's why I'm saying clutch moments are overrated!

elopez24MIAMI
08-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Lol I love laker fans... I'll leave it at that...

BKLYNpigeon
08-15-2012, 02:24 AM
talented?, maybe.. Greater? hello no.

richiesaurus310
08-15-2012, 03:01 AM
If lebron could have beat the spurs with no help years ago and have stayed in cleveland and won at least 6 championships then people would have agreed. But how things turned out people will never put lebron over mj.

STA_PLAR
08-15-2012, 03:06 AM
I am a huge Kobe Hater but please this is way too early/

Let Lebron win two more wings we can start talking ....just talking

let him get some dpoy's and some scoring titles and be feared like Mike was and Shaq was and KObe was for some time.

Remember the Kobe who had 81?, 6o in like 3 quarters?
LeBron isnt better than KObe yet but may be more talented.

All in all, let's re open this thread in 2015, by then Ill have a virtual computer lol

mngopher35
08-15-2012, 04:00 AM
People are just getting over excited because of the year Lebron had. Lebron finally lived up to the hype that was (maybe unfairly) put on him since high school and now who knows what could happen. No one can say for sure either way if he will be better or not than Jordan, but if he can keep up this level of play and improve it a little over the next 5ish plus years then its possible (I think its unlikely, but who knows). He really did have a spectacular year and its possibly the best individual year since jordan retired?

I find it funny people say Lebron needs to tie/pass kobe in rings in order to catch him. If rings define greatness Horry>Kobe. If you think rings are only important to show how many times a star carrys their team (this is so flawed anyways because a team wins not an individual), then Kobe has 2 Finals MVP's, not 5. Right now Kobes career > Lebrons career and Lebron will have to keep up this level of play to pass, but it has nothing to do with matching rings.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-15-2012, 04:16 AM

Alright bro....

Look at your ****ing team and its history the past decade and a half. I guess Kobe killed his chances too... It probably took a nice BJ from Kobe so Dwight can come to LA.

If Kobe isn't winning he immediately demands for trades. Don't give me that BS that "its management that is doing it, not Kobe." Kobe forces their hand.

LakersMaster24
08-15-2012, 04:19 AM
No one says Kobe > Jordan though.

Also, thanks for reminding me about our team

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I Rock Shaqs
08-15-2012, 04:19 AM
who is the second greatest player ever? Im sure Lebron could pass him pretty easy.

BlinkManJan02
08-15-2012, 04:20 AM

Best post I've read in a while. End thread after this. LeBron is a joke compared to Jordan.

LakersMaster24
08-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Lebron needs another title to be in the Top 10 all time IMO. He has all the talent to be the GOAT, but I doubt it happens.

I Rock Shaqs
08-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Of course, because without a big run there's no "clutch" moment you know? Lets say LeBron goes beast mode in the 4th quarter and ties the game and then Wade makes the game winning shot. That's why I'm saying clutch moments are overrated!

U sound stupid.

BlinkManJan02
08-15-2012, 04:23 AM
No one says Kobe > Jordan though.

Also, thanks for reminding me about our team

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Second best post haha. LeBron's got a ways to go to catch Kobe, and in my opinion he won't.

IndyHeatjman
08-15-2012, 04:29 AM
People are just getting over excited because of the year Lebron had. Lebron finally lived up to the hype that was (maybe unfairly) put on him since high school and now who knows what could happen. No one can say for sure either way if he will be better or not than Jordan, but if he can keep up this level of play and improve it a little over the next 5ish plus years then its possible (I think its unlikely, but who knows). He really did have a spectacular year and its possibly the best individual year since jordan retired?

I find it funny people say Lebron needs to tie/pass kobe in rings in order to catch him. If rings define greatness Horry>Kobe. If you think rings are only important to show how many times a star carrys their team (this is so flawed anyways because a team wins not an individual), then Kobe has 2 Finals MVP's, not 5. Right now Kobes career > Lebrons career and Lebron will have to keep up this level of play to pass, but it has nothing to do with matching rings.

^Ain't that the Truth!
Prime example, Bill Russell has 11 rings and no one would consider him the best ever. As for James being better than Jordan...well...not right now. However, USA Olympic Team and Duke's Coach K(arguably the best coach ever) did say he was the best in world right now. He could play point to center. What other player in history could play any position on the floor? I think this needs to be taken into account as a +1 for James compared to Jordan.

DListheTRUTH
08-15-2012, 04:30 AM
The only thing Bron might have on MJ is he might be more physically gifted. People throw the word talent around like it means just athleticism. But in order for Bron to surpass MJ, he'd have to dominate this decade more than Jordan did the '90s though he will have to develop a knockdown jumper so that he can extend his prime

Ebbs
08-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Saying as he won his first chip before Jordan Im not sure why people are ruling him out.

IndyHeatjman
08-15-2012, 04:47 AM
The only thing Bron might have on MJ is he might be more physically gifted. People throw the word talent around like it means just athleticism. But in order for Bron to surpass MJ, he'd have to dominate this decade more than Jordan did the '90s though he will have to develop a knockdown jumper so that he can extend his prime
^Jordan dominated the 90's because he was the best player then, no doubt. However, am i the only one who has noticed how much tougher and more athletic players are now? I mean in "MJ's Day" he was the most athletic player and he had arguably the toughest player in the league on his team in Dennis Rodman. James has still put up great numbers in his career and somehow gotten better every year. Even with an ever increasingly difficult league to dominate. And not just the league but he's the best active player in the world. IMO, the fact that Jordan helped mold the game into what it is today, makes him better than James. But James is still dominating the game that Jordan influenced.

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 04:58 AM

Kobe's Career FGA = 19,6

LeBron's Career FGA = 20,4

DListheTRUTH
08-15-2012, 05:09 AM
^Jordan dominated the 90's because he was the best player then, no doubt. However, am i the only one who has noticed how much tougher and more athletic players are now? I mean in "MJ's Day" he was the most athletic player and he had arguably the toughest player in the league on his team in Dennis Rodman. James has still put up great numbers in his career and somehow gotten better every year. Even with an ever increasingly difficult league to dominate. And not just the league but he's the best active player in the world. IMO, the fact that Jordan helped mold the game into what it is today, makes him better than James. But James is still dominating the game that Jordan influenced.

IDK about tougher but I agree the players are more athletic today however it's impossible to project Bron's career now, obviously. I just think Lebron does have a slim chance at GOAT and this is coming from a biased Bulls fan lol

IndyHeatjman
08-15-2012, 05:23 AM
(!IDK about tougher!) but I agree the players are more athletic today however it's impossible to project Bron's career now. I just think Lebron does have a slim chance at GOAT and this is coming from a biased Bulls fan lol
^I shouldn't have said tougher, cuz MJ had to play against guys like shaq, bird, ewing,mourning, robinson, and so on. And that is surprising hearing that from a biased bulls fan. And i am in no way tring to be biased. I'm a Pacers and Heat fan. I still know how Jordan changed so much in the NBA. IMO, his impact on the game will never be matched.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Kobe's Career FGA = 19,6

Well, when you include the first 2 years of Kobe's career, of course.

Take out his rookie and sophomore year and Kobe's averages 21.2 FGA. And it should be fair when you only consider Kobe from year 3 and on. Because Kobe's year 3 is the closest thing to Lebron's rookie year.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 06:18 AM
I never know when to take Boeheim serious.

YeaDat
08-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Everybody can be better, its just a bunch of if, and's, and Buts

BGates29
08-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Didn't have anything in Cleveland.Mo Williams was the second best player smh,plus it's too hard to get anyone to come play there.Kobe and other guys have the luxury of playing in attractive cities so it's not hard to surround him with good players.We 4get that Lebron still hasn't even played for a decent coach.Top 3 all-time definitely better than Kobe,Michael idk

--23--
08-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Saying as he won his first chip before Jordan Im not sure why people are ruling him out.

Hate when ppl say this, Lebron entered the league at a younger age than Jordan and going by NBA years Jordan won his 1st title before Lebron.

It took MJ 7 seasons, it took Lebron 9 seasons. Before we even talk about Lebron catching Jordan, how about let's wait and see if he catches Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Kareem & etc career achievements.

BobbyHillSwag
08-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Didnt john wooden say kobe was the best ever or something like that. So why would I listen to a much inferior person in the basketball world on his opinion?

/THREAD

justinnum1
08-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Didnt john wooden say kobe was the best ever or something like that. So why would I listen to a much inferior person in the basketball world on his opinion?

/THREAD

ANyone saying kobe is the best ever is an idiot.

Andrew32
08-15-2012, 08:32 AM
The media is so stupid.

Lebron is an inconsistent playoff performer.

He has maybe 3 years of Super-Star level play in the PS.
Players like Jordan, Shaq and Magic have 10+.

If Lebron can keep up his 2012 level of play for the next 7 years then we can start having these discussions and putting him in that group.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Kobe's Career FGA = 19,6

Kobe Career fg %- 45
Lebron james career fg%- 49%, with the last 3 seasons all above 50%, something kobe has never done once.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 08:48 AM
The media is so stupid.

Lebron is an inconsistent playoff performer.

He has maybe 3 years of Super-Star level play in the PS.
Players like Jordan, Shaq and Magic have 10+.

If Lebron can keep up his 2012 level of play for the next 7 years then we can start having these discussions and putting him in that group.

Lebron is one of the best playoff performers of all time. Of all time. Just because you want to believe the media rhetoric doesnt mean he is an inconsistent playoff performer.

His career playoff averages are 29, 9 and 7 on 47% shooting.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Lebron is a coward and will probably never win a wing the right way for that i can never have him ranked that high talent wise he is the best by far.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Lebron is the most physically dominating player in history. IF all the legends were in there prime now, such as a bill russell, lebron would be the the best among them. Now if we are talking about stats against their own generation, then he isnt the best yet.

But he will be. Bill Russell was 6'9 215. Lebron is 6'9 250-260.

The most physically gifted player in NBA history.

By the end of his career hell have a similar career to MJ. Especially if he continues to pound the ball in the paint like he did all of last year.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Lebron is a coward and will probably never win a wing the right way for that i can never have him ranked that high talent wise he is the best by far.

IF he came to the knicks im sure you would say different. IF carmelo ever learns how to play defense or pass the ball and wins a ring, would he be a coward?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 08:55 AM

What exactly is the right way?

Demand a trade under contract or sign when you're a FA?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Hate when ppl say this, Lebron entered the league at a younger age than Jordan and going by NBA years Jordan won his 1st title before Lebron.

It took MJ 7 seasons, it took Lebron 9 seasons. Before we even talk about Lebron catching Jordan, how about let's wait and see if he catches Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Kareem & etc career achievements.

An NBA career hinges on a players age and capabilities, not by how many years you play.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 08:56 AM

LOL.. When ranking Lebron lets all take note that BKlynKnicks3 doesn't think he won the ring the right way.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 08:58 AM
IF he came to the knicks im sure you would say different. IF carmelo ever learns how to play defense or pass the ball and wins a ring, would he be a coward?

he is a little below average on defense and averages the the same assists and less turnovers than durantt

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
he is a little below average on defense and averages the the same assists and less turnovers than durantt
durant is not playing the role of point forward most of the time like Carmelo.

Durant actually shoots about 50% while Carmelo shot 43% last year and 45% for his career, including just 32% from 3 while still chucking up to 3 per game for his career. That is while durant shot close to 40% last year.

What does one have to do with the other.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:09 AM
durant is not playing the role of point forward most of the time like Carmelo.

Durant actually shoots about 50% while Carmelo shot 43% last year and 45% for his career, including just 32% from 3 while still chucking up to 3 per game for his career. That is while durant shot close to 40% last year.

What does one have to do with the other.

Carmelo doesn't play point forward mike d had play that cause we had no pg til lin came on the scene bro i never said kd isn't better but i guess durant doesn't pass either by the numbers.carmelo was injured all season long he carried us during month of april and got us in to the playoffs i love melo he has his problem chucking up but the hate is getting ridiculous.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Carmelo doesn't play point forward mike d had play that cause we had no pg til lin came on the scene bro i never said kd isn't better but i guess durant doesn't pass either by the numbers.carmelo was injured all season long he carried us during month of april and geo in to the playoffs i love melo he has his problem chucking up but the hate is getting ridiculous.

Carmelo plays with the ball in his hands most of the time. He most certainly is a point forward. Most of his shots are off iso's.

KEvin Durant is a very flawed player in my opinion too. He is incredible but he has no strength which can easily be taken advantage of and his playmaking skills on offense are still developing.

Carmelo has been in the league going on 10 years. He is who he is. He's great scorer who doesnt make those around him better at all and doesnt play a lick of defense.

His criticism's are not ridiculous. He is not a superstar by any means.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Carmelo plays with the ball in his hands most of the time. He most certainly is a point forward. Most of his shots are off iso's.

KEvin Durant is a very flawed player in my opinion too. He is incredible but he has no strength which can easily be taken advantage of and his playmaking skills on offense are still developing.

Carmelo has been in the league going on 10 years. He is who he is. He's great scorer who doesnt make those around him better at all and doesnt play a lick of defense.

lol i'm not even a Carmelo fan, but you're cute.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:21 AM

Id love for you to actually point out where i was wrong.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:22 AM

he can play defense not very good defense but average to sightly below average.he doesn't make people better because he is scorer he can pass but scoring is main job.he is not a superstar he is 12-15 player in this league.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:23 AM

me either

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:23 AM
he can play defense not very good defense but average to sightly below average.he doesn't make people better because he is scorer he can pass but scoring is main job.he is not a superstar he is 12-15 player in this league.

I agree with top 15 in the league and not a superstar.

I also agree that he can play defense, he simply isnt good at it. He never improved on defense to where his talent could have taken him.

You can score and make others better on offense. you can do more than 1 thing on offense.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Id love for you to actually point out where i was wrong.

Well, at the most rudimentary level, you're wrong that Carmelo is a point forward. Last season, everyone (well, those paying attention) witnessed first-hand the falseness of your statement.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Well, at the most rudimentary level, you're wrong that Carmelo is a point forward. Last season, everyone (well, those paying attention) witnessed first-hand the falseness of your statement.

He had the ball in his hands most of the time on offense. He would have been considered a point forward if he thought at all about passing the ball.

He is playing the role of Joe Johnson in Mike Woodson's awful offensive schemes. He iso's his star players and forces them to make plays.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:30 AM
I agree with top 15 in the league and not a superstar.

I also agree that he can play defense, he simply isnt good at it. He never improved on defense to where his talent could have taken him.

You can score and make others better on offense. you can do more than 1 thing on offense.

of course but melo is wiling to pass sometimes but when have mike bibby and Landry field as shooters on wings you got problems novak was only good shooter on that team last year

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:32 AM
of course but melo is wiling to pass sometimes but when have mike bibby and Landry field as shooters on wings you got problems novak was only good shooter on that team last year

Lebron took a team with a lot less talent than that to the finals and still managed 6 assists in his 4th year in the league while playing the same point forward role.

any other excuses?

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
He had the ball in his hands most of the time on offense. He would have been considered a point forward if he thought at all about passing the ball.
Well, since Durant and 'Melo's usg% is roughly the same, what does that do to your logic? Would Durant have been considered a point-forward if he thought at all about passing? You make no sense and i'm not even sure what your point is.

Carmelo does need to pass more out of doubles, imo, but despite what uninformed people like yourself think, he was one of the best passing SFs last year by the numbers.

He is playing the role of Joe Johnson in Mike Woodson's awful offensive schemes. He iso's his star players and forces them to make plays.

Again, what is your point? What are you reaching for?

Heatcheck

You ever notice how the basketball guys who are respected in their field, like Jim, like Hubey Brown, never make this argument. its always based on the players skills and what theyve done on the court. Then theres the Otis Smiths of the world who take the emotional approach

How does the manner in which the team was put together, affect the actual game on the court? The fact that rodman and pippen came seperate made the game tougher those 3 seasons than for the heat? does it change the fact that Jordan had the best rebounder and best 2 defenders in the game with him on that team.

kdspurman

I think that's a good point here. Still a lot of other all time greats.

Unless people are talking strictly player vs player, and frankly Jordan had so many moves in his repertoire that he was nearly unguardable. We haven't quite seen that yet from Lebron, he's more streaky in terms of shooting, and drives through the lane drawing fouls. He's a better passer than MJ, but I just don't see any scenario where we can say Lebron is/was a better basketball player than MJ was.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Lebron took a team with a lot less talent than that to the finals and still managed 6 assists in his 4th year in the league while playing the same point forward role.

any other excuses?

well he is not as good as lebron and are you a heat fan

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:37 AM

any other excuses?

Excuses for what? Why 'Melo isn't as good as Lebron? Pretty high standards to hold someone too, being the best player in the world and all.

koreancabbage
08-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I think people are looking at this the wrong way LOL

instead of waiting for his Scottie Pippen, he went out to join him. Nothing wrong with that. just not conventional. I love how if Jordan did it his way, everyone else has to follow suit.

There has never been a player like Lebron at his position. Its unfair to judge centers and PFs with Jordan, so why do it with LeBron? who plays the SF/PF position. All future SFs in this league will be compared to Lebron first before they are compared to Jordan.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Well, since Durant and 'Melo's usg% is roughly the same, what does that do to your logic? Would Durant have been considered a point-forward if he thought at all about passing? You make no sense and i'm not even sure what your point is.

Carmelo does need to pass more out of doubles, imo, but despite what uninformed people like yourself think, he was one of the best passing SFs last year by the numbers.

Again, what is your point? What are you reaching for?

Both Durant and Melo need to become better playmakers. I havent argued anything to the contrary. The difference is that Durant is only going into his 5th year still very young and adding to his game and Melo is going into his 10th.

The numbers dont tel the whole truth. As a team the knicks would be better if he was more unselfish and got his teammates involved more.

My point is that in that offense, Carmelo doesnt make the plays, just like Joe Johnson didnt either. Carmelo could be one of the best offensive players in the league if he decided to get his teammates involved and actually used all of his skills.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Excuses for what? Why 'Melo isn't as good as Lebron? Pretty high standards to hold someone too, being the best player in the world and all.

No, why melo cant make others around him better, like Lebron and others have done for a while. With the ball in his hands that much he cant average more assists and get his teammates involved more?

He would make himself more dangerous and the team much better if he did that.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
da knicks is here i cant wait for his post he loves melo

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Both Durant and Melo need to become better playmakers. I havent argued anything to the contrary. The difference is that Durant is only going into his 5th year still very young and adding to his game and Melo is going into his 10th.

The numbers dont tel the whole truth. As a team the knicks would be better if he was more unselfish and got his teammates involved more.

My point is that in that offense, Carmelo doesnt make the plays, just like Joe Johnson didnt either. Carmelo could be one of the best offensive players in the league if he decided to get his teammates involved and actually used all of his skills.

I agree. 'Melo is a selfish player and doesn't make his teammates better. That doesn't make you grading him on a point-foward rubric any less absurd.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:46 AM
No, why melo cant make others around him better, like Lebron and others have done for a while. With the ball in his hands that much he cant average more assists and get his teammates involved more?

He would make himself more dangerous and the team much better if he did that.

Yeah but the crux of your argument is Lebron and "others". AKA Yo **** don't hold no aqua.

Listin, i agree that 'Melo is flawed, you're just not great at illustrating why.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:46 AM
I agree. 'Melo is a selfish player and doesn't make his teammates better. That doesn't make you grading him on a point-foward rubric any less absurd.

If he passed the ball more he would be a point forward. He is being used as a point forward but doesnt utilize the point part of it. He has a usage rate just under Lebron and Deron Williams, he needs to get his teammates involved more.

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 09:48 AM
If he passed the ball more he would be a point forward. He is being used as a point forward but doesnt utilize the point part of it. He has a usage rate just under Lebron and Deron Williams, he needs to get his teammates involved more.

lmfao. You're a lost cause. Rather entertaining though.

h2r09
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
lmfao. You're a lost cause. Rather entertaining though.

love these kinds of posts. tell me where im wrong. Literally the only point im making is that Carmelo doesnt make his teammates better for the role he plays.

NFLNBA
08-15-2012, 09:53 AM
There is such a big picture to all this if you sit back and look.

EVERYONE loved MJ that was pretty universal. Kobe came into the picture and got real good, won rings with and without shaq, won mvp's, broke a lot of MJ's records like most straight 40 point games with 8 i believe, 81 point game, dont know how many all star games, first defense's ect people then started saying hey this man is breaking MJ's records and had the same skill sets maybe even a better jumper, same looking fadeway ect so everyone hated this guy and he def became this hated player because he was dethrowning the all mighty MJ lol Lebron then came and people were ready for someone to take over Kobe. KObe saidly had to be the next guy after MJ which hurt him IMO

BUT i watched all 3 MJ, Kobe, Lebron and you can debate MJ and Kobe but i dont see how Lebron gets this talk. He is a great player, he is a moster but i find it absurd to mention him with Kobe or Mike when he has 1 title and we dont know how long his career is gonna be.

seikou8
08-15-2012, 09:56 AM
rings are most overrated thing in sports i judge by performance and body of work.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 10:05 AM
^Team accomplishment. Jordan proved that in '87 as well as '88, and then again in '89.

mlisica19
08-15-2012, 10:08 AM
100 years from now a fan could simply look at the info of both players. The stats, the accomplishments, the awards and so on... and of course you can see the comparison and you might very well believe the man named LeBron James is better.

Hes bigger, taller, has more rounded stats and can play more positions. Maybe by then hell have more rings or near the same but even then you can just blame the team...

But what are stats without the story? When you look at James and you look at Jordan, there is no comparison. Jordan had and always will have that will to win. Jordan hates to lose, like most of his comrades in the 80's and 90's. Jordan was a leader, a fighter and a grinder. He was everything an individual and a team needs to be a success/winner.

James has every trait physically to make him the best ever. He could very well be the most athletic athlete in todays world. But that mental aspect of his game is in no comparison to Jordans.

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Kobe Career fg %- 45
Lebron james career fg%- 49%, with the last 3 seasons all above 50%, something kobe has never done once.

LeBron is in the frontcourt so he is expected to shoot with a higher FG% than a SHOOTING Guard

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 10:16 AM
im sorry, but your will to win and your toughness can lead you to be better than another player, but if Lebron (for the love of christ i swear this is a hypothetical) runs off a 4peat and the next 2 mvps and for the next say 5 years has these seasons wher his PER is off the charts (like last year), all that stuff is meaningless, because it didnt affect the outcome.

And i personally havent read of anyone, that isnt a fan, not consider lebron a leader.

dh144498
08-15-2012, 10:17 AM

just trolling? Kobe already established his legacy. He already has 5 rings. Getting Dwight is only an icing on the cake. Plus how is the Dwight trade any close to Lebron "taking his talents to south beach?" Pretty sure those are different things, unless you are a delusional kobe-hater/lebron stan.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 10:18 AM
LeBron is in the frontcourt so he is expected to shoot with a higher FG% than a SHOOTING Guard

Lebron plays as much if not more as a gaurd. as a matter of fact, his mid range fg% has been better than kobe the last three years as well.

dh144498
08-15-2012, 10:20 AM
rings are most overrated thing in sports i judge by performance and body of work.

then Wilt is the GOAT and it's not even close, right? Since you LEbron stans care so much about stat-padding. rings are the ultimate accomplishment in any sports (that has rings), stat padding triple doubles =/= greatness. If Lebron actually has multiple rings, then LEbron stans would completely flip their argument and say "rings are the ONLY thing you use to judge players."
LMFAO at their agendas.

faze38
08-15-2012, 10:31 AM
How many times did Jordan lose in the finals? Enough said Lebron gets 1 ring and Jim jumps ship like that u have to be kidding me!

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Lebron plays as much if not more as a gaurd. as a matter of fact, his mid range fg% has been better than kobe the last three years as well.

LeBron has never been a great shooter so many of his points come from the ft line or in the paint.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Melo as a point forward last year through the first 10 games avg 29/7/4 knicks where 6-4 despite players shootin 30% of melos passes people dont know what the helll they are talkin about what do U want HIM to do shoot for them? after that melo was hurt for the middle part of the season and the whole linsanity stuff happened when pringles face started using melo like he is shAWN MARION THEN THAT FAILED AND WOODSON LET MELO BE MELO WHICH IS AS GOOD AS ANY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE EXCEPT THE COWARD IN MIAMI!!!

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
What exactly is the right way?

Demand a trade under contract or sign when you're a FA?

THE RIGHT WAY IS NOT COWER AND JOIN UR COMPETITION! Melo durant lebron wade kobe should never be on the same team. Yea u need help i understand that but not to the point of some1 at ur postion or close to it who is almost as good or better then u. IF lebron won with bosh as his number 2 option no problem with that. How can any1 not see the level of cowardness this shows. To make things even worse wade already won without u. The whole world is full of people sayin lebron finally did it and u cant say anything now mean while i said when they joined how do u not win i expect them to win at least 4 or 5 and would still give them no credit.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:42 AM
How many times did Jordan lose in the finals? Enough said Lebron gets 1 ring and Jim jumps ship like that u have to be kidding me!

is see what jim means as a basketball player lebron is better. But since his acomplishments can never touch jordans he can never be GREATER. To compare rings to any other legend when u have wade n bosh is joke. This man is a damn coward it sucks that to many fans are front running groupies.

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Melo as a point forward last year through the first 10 games avg 29/7/4 knicks where 6-4 despite players shootin 30% of melos passes people dont know what the helll they are talkin about what do U want HIM to do shoot for them? after that melo was hurt for the middle part of the season and the whole linsanity stuff happened when pringles face started using melo like he is shAWN MARION THEN THAT FAILED AND WOODSON LET MELO BE MELO WHICH IS AS GOOD AS ANY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE EXCEPT THE COWARD IN MIAMI!!!

Carmelo Anthony is not a top 10 player.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:45 AM
these heat fans are clowns to i never seen or met a heat fan in my life now they are everywhere even all over NY. Funniest thing about is most used to be bulls fans when they had mike.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Carmelo Anthony is not a top 10 player.

no he is not he is top 2 ur right top 3 at worst

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-15-2012, 10:46 AM

So in your opinion is wilt the greatest ever? Oscar Robertson?

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:48 AM
So in your opinion is wilt the greatest ever? Oscar Robertson?

The player with the highest skill level i ever seen is kobe bryant. He is better at everythign then jordan on offense except Jordan was alittle more athletic. On defense they are about even It real hard to judge since jordan never really had to defend any1 who can challange him until he was out of his prime.

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
no he is not he is top 2 ur right top 3 at worst

He is top 11-15.

And I'm sure like 50% of the NY knicks fans agree with me.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
LeBron has never been a great shooter so many of his points come from the ft line or in the paint.

You can SAY what you want, but that doesnt change the fact that his mid range fg% is better than Kobes.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
The player with the highest skill level i ever seen is kobe bryant. He is better at everythign then jordan on offense except Jordan was alittle more athletic. On defense they are about even It real hard to judge since jordan never really had to defend any1 who can challange him until he was out of his prime.

Better at everything except scoring, and fg%, and assists, and TO/ast ratio, and rebounding. He's not anywhere near jordans level.

ChicagoJ
08-15-2012, 10:54 AM
I think the torch is being passed from the kobe vs mj comparisons to the lebron vs mj comparisons. Jordan is the gold standard when it comes to nba players so he will always be the one great players are compared to. LeBron does deserve the comparison becuase he is that great of a player. But, like kobe I hope the lebron lovers at some point start seeing him for the player he is not who he is compared to mj. Because most likely mj will always be seen as the better player.

Heatcheck
is see what jim means as a basketball player lebron is better. But since his acomplishments can never touch jordans he can never be GREATER. To compare rings to any other legend when u have wade n bosh is joke. This man is a damn coward it sucks that to many fans are front running groupies.

Yeah Rodman and Pippen werent ****, how jordan managed to win in spite of having the best rebounder and best low and perimeter defenders in the game is beyond me.

BklynKnicks3
He is top 11-15.

And I'm sure like 50% of the NY knicks fans agree with me.

the proof is in front of ur eyes these guys all just played same playin level on team usa except wade howard n rose. Who played better then Melo or even clsoe other then Durant lebron. Melo avg 1 point less then durant in 10 less min stop. Give me these 11 players better cut the non sense alot of knick fans hate on melo belive it or not they prefer lin.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Better at everything except scoring, and fg%, and assists, and TO/ast ratio, and rebounding. He's not anywhere near jordans level.

iam not talkin about stats

Kobe better footwork
better mid range
much better handle
much better left hand
passing about equal
Kobe much more range
clutch about equal

Kobe much tougher competition!!!!!!! can u name 3 sgs from jordans era that can get their own shot?

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah Rodman and Pippen werent ****, how jordan managed to win in spite of having the best rebounder and best low and perimeter defenders in the game is beyond me.

before rodman he won with grant a avg power forward, Pippen was great but was not close to wade.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 11:05 AM
iam not talkin about stats

Kobe better footwork
better mid range
much better handle
much better left hand
passing about equal
Kobe much more range
clutch about equal

Kobe much tougher competition!!!!!!! can u name 3 sgs from jordans era that can get their own shot?

that is the biggest load of crap ive ever read. how can you be better than someone at all these things, and be completely outplayed by him.

And the last question: is even more childish and incredible as if getting your own shot was this unfathomable feat. you think jordan invented the iso?

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 11:07 AM
before rodman he won with grant a avg power forward, Pippen was great but was not close to wade.

so Grant was average, pippen was "not close" to wade. i see...

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 11:08 AM
the proof is in front of ur eyes these guys all just played same playin level on team usa except wade howard n rose. Who played better then Melo or even clsoe other then Durant lebron. Melo avg 1 point less then durant in 10 less min stop. Give me these 11 players better cut the non sense alot of knick fans hate on melo belive it or not they prefer lin.

So you rank players by looking who scores the most points against Tunisia, Nigeria, Australia, France, Lithuania, Spain, Argentina? :speechless:

Kevin Love
Kobe Bryant
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Rajon Rondo
LeBron James
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose (when healthy)
maybe Andrew Bynum

Are all better players than Melo IMHO.

Longhornfan1234
08-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Wtf? Pippen is a better defender, passer, rebounder, and shooter. Pippen led his team to 55 wins and 2nd round exit without a good supporting cast. Wade can't get out of the first round without a stacked supporting cast.

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 11:11 AM
You can SAY what you want, but that doesnt change the fact that his mid range fg% is better than Kobes.

Yeah, that's cool!

But still Kobe is a better Mid Range shooter than LeBron

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Wtf? Pippen is a better defender, passer, rebounder, and shooter. Pippen lead his team to 55 wins and 2nd round exit without a good supporting cast. Wade can't get out of the first round without a stacked supporting cast.

from one extreme to another.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I do think LeBron can be the greatest of all time. I disagree with Coach Boheim, when he says he's got the skills of MJ. He doesn't have half the finness, nor craft, and MJ's basketball IQ was threw the roof. LeBron's offensive game, is to bulldoze you.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah, that's cool!

But still Kobe is a better Mid Range shooter than LeBron

classic ignorance

Hitman21
08-15-2012, 11:15 AM
1 on 1 MJ would destroy LBJ

72-10 bulls vs 2012 Heat....i mean really, is this even a question?

pf289
08-15-2012, 11:16 AM
1 on 1 MJ would destroy LBJ

72-10 bulls vs 2012 Heat....i mean really, is this even a question?

I beg to differ.

I hate Lebron, but just look at their sizes. Lebron is a beast. 1 on 1 he would overpower Jordan.

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I do think LeBron can be the greatest of all time. I disagree with Coach Boheim, when he says he's got the skills of MJ. He doesn't have half the finness, nor craft, and MJ's basketball IQ was threw the roof. LeBron's offensive game, is to bulldoze you.

Everyone raves about lebrons Bball IQ. Jordans better because he played better, its simple. In a few years, if lebron can repeat this same success, then we can compare them and things like the type of game they had can tip it in eithers favor. But until then, Lebron isnt in his discussion yet.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
that is the biggest load of crap ive ever read. how can you be better than someone at all these things, and be completely outplayed by him.

And the last question: is even more childish and incredible as if getting your own shot was this unfathomable feat. you think jordan invented the iso?

how was he outplayed by him i remember kobe have 33 vs jordan when he was 18. I remember Kobe having 42 in 1 half vs jordan when he was a old man on wizards. U can compare their play vs other comp in diffrent eras. There was no wades,prime tmac,prime vince,even guys like roy,joe johnson,Kevin Durant 6'11 plays like a sg. wont even say Lebron n Melo cause they are 2 powerful for the sf back then. I never said jordan invented it their was few iso players before Adrian dantley,earl the pearl few more. Not in Jordans era thoe the best sgs where guys like Reggie Miller,richmond,dumars Drexler was his closest comp are u serious

The goods
08-15-2012, 11:24 AM
LeBron might be able to pass magic but that's a huge maybe but he will never pass MJ nobody dominated the game like he did from the hardwood to movies,commercials,songs,shoes ect.
At this rate he won't pass Kobe because the Lakers keep stacking up their team. Lol
MJ
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Kobe

Until proven other wise

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 11:25 AM
So you rank players by looking who scores the most points against Tunisia, Nigeria, Australia, France, Lithuania, Spain, Argentina? :speechless:

Kevin Love
Kobe Bryant
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Rajon Rondo
LeBron James
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose (when healthy)
maybe Andrew Bynum

Are all better players than Melo IMHO.

so kevin love is better then Melo when he never played in a playoff game and cant even get to .500 when melo never been below .500 and took a 17 win nugget team to 42 wins. Ye good 1

Deron williams is better when he hasnt sniffed playoffs in 2 years when has that happend to Melo go to nba refrence maybe iam being bias hof prohbablity melo 69% Dwill 24% been in league 1 year less. Yea thats real close

Westbrook is this a joke

Durant is close but not better to me. Melo does everything better excpet shoot and Durant has a better team but these 2 are a close debate

Rondo who has been 4th option 90% of his career is better then Melo ye i know

Wade used to be better fell of alot so did kobe

cp3 is close can be debated

Dwight close i kind of look at dwight on his own list beign the only really good center

Bynum i would put on that list to but this has to be a joke he avg 17 for one year and u wan tto compare him to a hof player stop u need to be tested Melo gets ranked low because he is the king of NY and people hate new yorkers he has been top 5 or better for 80% of his career people are clowns

Andrew32
08-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Wtf? Pippen is a better defender, passer, rebounder, and shooter. Pippen led his team to 55 wins and 2nd round exit without a good supporting cast. Wade can't get out of the first round without a stacked supporting cast.

06 + 09-11 Wade is better or at worst on par with Peak Kobe.
09 Wade is probably the best SG ever other then late 80's / early 90's Jordan.

Quit underrating Wade.

He may only have 4-5 Super-Star level seasons due to injury but he was absolutely incredible in those seasons.

Wade can't get out of the first round without a stacked supporting cast?

When your 2nd best player is Micheal ********* Beasely and the rest of your cast is no name injured scrub roleplayers then yeah its basically impossible to get out of the first round.
Wade taking that very deep and potent Hawks team to 7 games
(the same Hawks team that took the Finalist Celtics to 7 games) was a borderline miracle.

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Ye no help at all 6th man of year kukoc, Grant became a first time all star that year so did bj armstrong i belive. Wade won aring with a declining shaq and thats prett much it. stop he avg liek 34 in the nba finals

Heatcheck
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM
So he scored 44 on a 39 yr old man, so? my point is that over the span of his career he ouplayed Kobe, in every facet of the game, he was superior in every facet of the game.

I dont know what to say about the rest of that. its incredible, id love to see how old you are (yeah i know your a 30 yr old business man with a law degree and all that good stuff)

The goods
08-15-2012, 11:29 AM
To me LeBron has to win more rings before he is compared to MJ I mean even Dirk has 1 I don't see anybody say he could be the greatest ever and he actually did it with less star power so he has more respect in my eyes.

Andrew32
08-15-2012, 11:31 AM
In regards to H2H competition.

Jordan faced tougher teams in the 90's and he won in a much more balanced league.
+ He didn't have the enormous advantage of the new sissy handcheck rules in a perimeter oriented league.
He also faced tougher h2h competition.

Magic Johnson??? Clyde Drexler???

Who did Kobe ever face in the playoffs?
Old Pierce? Rip Hamilton? 25mpg Ginobili... gtfo.

Jordan has a strong argument for GOAT.
Kobe is borderline Top 10 and not even close to Shaq or even Duncan really.

The goods
08-15-2012, 11:31 AM
How did Kobe get into this argument? The comparison is LeBron and Jordan

DR_1
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
:facepalm:

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
people have to be complete idiots to even put players like Kevin love ahead of Melo

Sixerlover
08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Talent wise he's up there. Obviously as far as accolades, it's not close.

The goods
08-15-2012, 11:38 AM
In regards to H2H competition.

Jordan faced tougher teams in the 90's and he won in a much more balanced league.
+ He didn't have the enormous advantage of the new sissy handcheck rules in a perimeter oriented league.
He also faced tougher h2h competition.

Magic Johnson??? Clyde Drexler???

Who did Kobe ever face in the playoffs?
Old Pierce? Rip Hamilton? 25mpg Ginobili... gtfo.

Jordan has a strong argument for GOAT.
Kobe is borderline Top 10 and not even close to Shaq or even Duncan really.

Who did shaq and Duncan face exactly? By the time shaq became dominate their wasn't anybody to challenge him,same with LeBron other than Durant who can actually challenge him?

And Kobe faced Reggie miller,Allen Iverson,bonzi wells,Kerry kittles,Jason Kidd,Doug christie, Sean Elliot,Stephen Jackson,Ron artest, he even went up against Durant,and melo all of whom were more than respectable at the time they faced off.

The goods
08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Talent wise he's up there. Obviously as far as accolades, it's not close.

This short, sweet, and to the point I like it.

Andrew32
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
And Kobe faced Reggie miller,Allen Iverson,bonzi wells,Kerry kittles,Jason Kidd,Doug christie, Sean Elliot,Stephen Jackson,Ron artest, he even went up against Durant,and melo all of whom were more than respectable at the time they faced off.

Kobe barely played in the 00 Finals and was close to a non-factor outside of 1 game. (Miller)

Iverson never guarded Kobe and Kobe played pretty poorly in the 01 Finals.
The Lakers were carried by Shaq Diesel in that series.

Kidd is a PG

Melo is decent but certainly nothing special when you are talking about Super-Star level players.

Durant absolutely owned Kobe in 2012 and Kobe choked hard with all those 4th Q meltdowns and 30% shooting games.

The rest of the players you listed are just roleplayers, low end All-Stars, retirees or no-names.

Heatcheck
people have to be complete idiots to even put players like Kevin love ahead of Melo

HA! your starting to get comical.

Raps08-09 Champ
THE RIGHT WAY IS NOT COWER AND JOIN UR COMPETITION! Melo durant lebron wade kobe should never be on the same team. Yea u need help i understand that but not to the point of some1 at ur postion or close to it who is almost as good or better then u. IF lebron won with bosh as his number 2 option no problem with that. How can any1 not see the level of cowardness this shows. To make things even worse wade already won without u. The whole world is full of people sayin lebron finally did it and u cant say anything now mean while i said when they joined how do u not win i expect them to win at least 4 or 5 and would still give them no credit.

So we give Jordan a pass for playing alongside a near top 10 player in his years in Chicago but Lebron, Kobe and others get hate because the way they were paired with the other star was not the same way Jordan was paired with Pippen?

Why is it fair to tell Lebron he needs to win despite having incompetent GMs but Jordan gets all the praise because he was lucky he had a good GM that drafted Pippen?

Hawkeye15
08-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Cool

Andrew32
08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
So we give Jordan a pass for playing alongside a near top 10 player in his years in Chicago but Lebron, Kobe and others get hate because the way they were paired with the other star was not the same way Jordan was paired with Pippen?

Why is it fair to tell Lebron he needs to win despite having incompetent GMs but Jordan gets all the praise because he was lucky he had a good GM that drafted Pippen?
Who hates on them?
Players should be judged by their performances, impact, value and not by who they played with.

SaimuKala
08-15-2012, 11:54 AM

Melo had Stat, Lin, DPOY Tyson Chandler, Shumpert and barely made the playoffs.

Love had who? Ricky Rubio was injured most of the season, Beasley sucked, Williams was just not so good.

+ West is a little bit more deeper than the east

Love is a better rebounder, 3pt shooter, ft shooter, defender, he is more effecient.

SouthSideRookie
08-15-2012, 11:54 AM
I'll tell you what, if he does all NBA fans are in for a hell of a ride, right?

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM

Love had who? Ricky Rubio was injured most of the season, Beasley sucked, Williams was just not so good.

Love is a better rebounder, 3pt shooter, ft shooter, defender, he is more effecient.

who did melo have when that same team won 17 games when he was a rookie just him and andre miller. Love better defender lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo. he is a better 3 point shooter and rebounder thats it. what did stoudamire do for melo. Melos record is better without him. Chandler was great in reg season in playoffs was a ghost. Lin lol u cant be serious Melo went 18-6 no lin no amare. for 15 of those games

BklynKnicks3
08-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Never said lebron wrong for leavin he is just a disgusting coward for joining wade

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
love these kinds of posts. tell me where im wrong. Literally the only point im making is that Carmelo doesnt make his teammates better for the role he plays.

I already have.. I can't stand 'Melo anyway.. Coming from a poster who trashes 'Melo on a daily basis, MY only point is that you're not very good at it.

Da Knicks
08-15-2012, 12:17 PM

:facepalm::facepalm: epic fail, Melo will make you look like a fool and so will Love. I used to like Love but psd is overhyping him as much as Griffin now that it is just absurd...

Kashmir13579
08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Cool

hahaha, you can't get enough of Jimmy B..

I know you're a big fan!

effen5
08-15-2012, 12:23 PM
:facepalm::facepalm: epic fail, Melo will make you look like a fool and so will Love. I used to like Love but psd is overhyping him as much as Griffin now that it is just absurd...

Overhype? Seriously? How do you overhype a player that had 52 double doubles in a row. Blake Griffin I understand because hes overrated as a player but you can't overhype a player that broke Moses Malone's double double record.

Love probably had more rebounds in those 52 games than Amare did in three years put together.