PDA

View Full Version : the media

spurs4#5
08-14-2012, 02:51 AM
I've never paid to much attention to the media and all the hype they give to certain players...i like to form my own opinion about players and the game of basketball....but reading through so many post its obvious that so many people on this site are only following the popular trend and have no real opinion of there own....example many people on here *****ed about all the Dwight Howard threads but once he gets traded all these new threads pop up about him and the Lakers and how great they'll be when only weeks ago people were saying he wouldn't be the difference between winning a title or not (I'm only using Dwight because it's the most recent)...but it seems like 99% of the posters on this site are incapable of forming their own opinion...almost all the of the new threads and post that come up are exactly or a form of what ESPN or another major sports outlet is saying...it would be nice if these so called moderators would take their hands of their dicks long enough to actually moderate this forum and make it worth while to come on here and post

ThuglifeJ
08-14-2012, 03:09 AM
applaud. I was just driving myself crazy about how the media controls anything you'll see/hear/remember with the NBA. They choose who majority like and what they'll be remembered for..

spurs4#5
08-14-2012, 03:15 AM
applaud. I was just driving myself crazy about how the media controls anything you'll see/hear/remember with the NBA. They choose who majority like and what they'll be remembered for..

yes! How is it that so many people just buy into this crap the media puts out and are u willing to voice their own true opinion

ThuglifeJ
08-14-2012, 03:30 AM
idk because they arent shown anything else?

I just wish it was at least more with their own opinions rather most media puppets

JasonJohnHorn
08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Who the fawk said Dwight wouldnt be a difference maker for winning a championship.

I don't like Dwight. I don't like Kobe, but this line up they have, two MVPs, two DPOY and Pau Gasol? It's crazy. This is one of the most exciting line-ups in the history of the game. It's not the media, it's the fact that four HOFers on playing on the same line-up.

And as for claiming the mods are too busy holding their d!ck$ to moderate the forum, that's just crazy. No need to attack them because of the content they don't control. They only moderate it. People want to talk about Dwight? So what? It's the biggest trade likely since Shaq was traded to the Heat, and it's the offseason. Let people talk about what they want to talk about. I don't even watch ESPN and I've made two Dwight threads this week, which has nothing to do with the media, and everything to do with how exciting this news is.

The media? We are just basketball fans talking aboout basketball. Sure, some people's opinions are formed by what they see on ESPN, but the guys who work for ESPN are professionals at the top of their field. They have former players. Of course people are going to listen to what they have to say and be influenced by them.

I don't get the point of this thread?

Piercefan34
08-14-2012, 08:09 AM
this is similar to when everyone hated lebron...and then he won a chip and now everythings ok again. when everyone hated him ESPN played into it a bit, making him out to be this great 'villain' type deal, now he wins and the world wide leader in "sports" tries to change everyone's opinion again and make him ok now.

its BS. i used to love ESPN, i'd watch sportscenter every morning but its ruined, it really is. lets take the ESPYs for example. look at who won: biggest breakout performance: Jeremy Lin - the guy ESPN creamed over for about 2 months while he played maybe 1 and 1/2. Greatest moment: Tim Tebow?? over Derek Jeter? are you ****ing kidding me?? I forgot the rest that would prove my point but i think you got it.

Piercefan34
08-14-2012, 08:12 AM
I don't get the point of this thread?

i think you're missing it, my impression was that its about how the media is a joke and completely misleading the greater sports fan's opinion. unless i'm missing it too

tredigs
08-14-2012, 08:13 AM
If you don't think Dwight Howard will be a SIGNIFICANT difference maker in making them absolute #1-3 in the title contention race then you are a ****ing moron devoid of basketball IQ. There's no other way to put it.

I can't stand D. Howard, but that's mutually exclusive from his impact on a team where he would not even have to be the 3rd option for them to be contenders.

And I see dozens of threads here every day that ESPN or global media wouldn't touch. Half of them suck, but at least people are trying.

i think you're missing it, my impression was that its about how the media is a joke and completely misleading the greater sports fan's opinion. unless i'm missing it too

No, he's saying all the threads here mirror exactly what we see on ESPN, etc and that this is somehow the mods fault. Granted, this OP is incapable of making a coherent thought, so it's tough to trudge through his whining and figure out his point.

Piercefan34
08-14-2012, 08:20 AM
No, he's saying all the threads here mirror exactly what we see on ESPN, etc and that this is somehow the mods fault. Granted, this OP is incapable of making a coherent thought, so it's tough to trudge through his whining and figure out his point.

tomato tomato. which when you say online kind loses meaning lol but yeah i kind skimmed the op, i find myself doing that more and more these days because of the intellect of posters here has dropped significantly since i joined, and i mean SIGNIFICANTLY. Seems like a lot of it went down the $h!tter around the 2011 area...

BobbyHillSwag
08-14-2012, 01:04 PM
the op you are spot on. People hate and love players depending on media. They are like hamsters just stuck in the cycle following the treat. It's like they dont even watch anyone else anymore besides who sportscenter shows. Kudos to you op for realizing the sheeple in this world, not only in sports but every facet of life.

ThuglifeJ
08-14-2012, 04:22 PM
No ones referring to the excitement of the trade dumbass..
i was referring to what bobbyhillswag just said.

Its ridiculous how many will love orr hate a player based on espns practical propoganda approach

Rockice_8
08-14-2012, 04:25 PM
People really need to stop watching ESPN for sports info. They are the worst.