PDA

View Full Version : The NY Knicks are good enough to win it all this season.

Pages : [1] 2 3

JordansBulls
08-13-2012, 05:23 PM
You obviously know I'm not a Knicks fan, but posters and people have been selling them short.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I honestly think the Knicks can win the title this season if Melo plays the way he should play and not do as much iso.

PG Jason Kidd
SG Ronnie Brewer (I would not start JR Smith)
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

They have a much better defensive team now with Kidd and Brewer. They have a better playmaker in Kidd as well. I see no way they finish 6th like some are predicting.

Thoughts!!!

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I think the Knicks have the capability to get far in the playoffs but their biggest problem is putting everything together and making it work. I feel as though they always end up hitting some sort of wall during the season . They look like a top team one moment and a joke the next. If they can figure that out, they could be dangerous, but the odds are against them in that aspect.

D12 fan
08-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Bait thread

The Knicks have the pieces to get far,but it will depend on Melo and if he can become a leader for his team.Knicks will only go as far as Melo takes them.

AndyfromNeptune
08-13-2012, 05:30 PM
People underestimate the Knicks and for good reason.

However, I expect the team to be a top 3 seed in the East. They will be very similar to last years Bulls in terms of being a very very strong defensive team.

lakers4sho
do they have HCA?

xxplayerxx23
Knicks have the talent to, but coaching and mesh will be a huge question mark all year long.

seikou8
08-13-2012, 05:31 PM
cue the haters in 3....2......1

AndyfromNeptune
08-13-2012, 05:31 PM
If they can just figure things out offensively, they can easily be a championship contender. Their defense will be phenomenal. They were top 5 defensively last year. This year, I expect them to be top 1 or 2.

seikou8
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
msg would go crazy during finals hell we go crazy any game

allSUAVE
08-13-2012, 05:34 PM
i would wish so, but heat is still Heat!

PC
08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
No we're not

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-13-2012, 05:37 PM
everyone is sayings its as far as melo can take em when i think its STAT who is the one who will have to do the carrying of the team... Look at stat when he first signed in ny w felton he was a mvp canidate then when melo came he dropped off. You know what your going to get out of melo and tyson i really think its how/if amare can get back to that mvp status with out taking away from what melo or tyson do

yaswaggin
Kidd is still a good defender?

Melo and stat have yet to mesh together, will they?

Can Woodson outcoach doc rivers, Doug Collins, Spo, Thibs, and Vogel? who all proved last season they are all excellent coaches and coach teams as good or more talented then the Knicks.

Will melo dish the ball or just always go iso ?To be fair to melo, a lot of possessions his teammates passed him the ball and he had to force up shots with the shot clock gong down.

Cal827
:laugh: I see Dnewguy has struck again... oh wait...

I think they can get to the ECF, but to then beat Miami and OKC/LA? Seems like a stretch... But I guess we will see what happens.

nycsports2
best full roster in the league... see if they put it together

njnets
Need better guard play, especially at the pg position. I like brewer/shump starting with jr as 6th man.

Amare and especially chandler need a good pg to get them more involved. Kidd can but he's limited at this point in his career.

Also, a great heat team and experienced celtics say hello. Not to mention other contenders in the east and even west

JordansBulls
08-13-2012, 05:39 PM
No we're not

Well I'm sure even most Mavs fans didn't believe the Mavs would win it all in 2011 before the season started either.

AKAYaReal
08-13-2012, 05:40 PM
I really dont know why people think it depends on Melo. Melo will be good, it is Stat that this all depends on. He is our 2nd option and to talented of a player to have a season like he did last yr.

If Stat's offense struggles, then so will we game in and out to pull out a win.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 05:42 PM
People still think Kidd is the Kidd from 2011 championship, during the playoffs he will be 2 years older and had a huge drop off last year. Plus there is no scoring in that lineup besides Melo...who is going to carry the offense it will be just Melo iso ball again. No post players, no 3 point shooting. Brewer and Kidd dont have offense.

BobbyHillSwag
08-13-2012, 05:42 PM
before lakers got dwight howard? yes
after lakers got dwight howard? not a chance in hell

king4day
08-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Not sure they can get by Miami but they are much improved but much older too.
Questions will be:

1. Can they stay healthy?
2. Can Amar'e and Melo co-exist finally?

They began to turn it around under Woodson and I believe with a full camp, they will be capable of making some noise.

YoungOne
08-13-2012, 05:49 PM
they won't.

smith&wesson
08-13-2012, 05:51 PM
the knicks have the talent to be contenders. but there are teams out there who are better..

KniCks4LiFe
08-13-2012, 05:51 PM
No we're not

*The End*

ne3xchamps
08-13-2012, 05:52 PM
If melo plays like he did in the olympics, they sure would have a shot, IMO. Melo was out his mind this summer.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
If I was the coach

Kidd-Felton
Smith-Brewer
Melo-White
Amare- ?
Chandler-Camby

10 man rotation

kingkenny01
08-13-2012, 05:56 PM
their are only three teams who can win Heat, Thunders Lakers sorry no one has talent or chemistry

b@llhog24
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
JB has a Melo fetish.

seikou8
their are only three teams who can win Heat, Thunders Lakers sorry no one has talent or chemistry

why watch then

heyman321
Yeah the Knicks have a shot to win it all this season.

And I'm the King of Happy Magic Chocolate Land.

BobbyHillSwag
08-13-2012, 06:01 PM

lol at the thunder they have no chance anymore. They will regress book it

D12 fan
08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
before lakers got dwight howard? yes
after lakers got dwight howard? not a chance in hell

Truu 2 chainzzz.:clap:

Reyes6
08-13-2012, 06:04 PM
The problem with the Knickerbockers is simple. They excel at SF, but so do the Heat. They excel at PF, but so do the Heat. They excel on defense at Center, but the Heat don't have a center to account for.

If you want to beat the Heat you need to be at an advantage in at least 2 positions to have a shot, they have a worse PG, SG, SF, and PF. I just don't see them winning anything.

D12 fan
08-13-2012, 06:04 PM
why watch then

You don't want to watch Heat/Thunder/Lakers?

D12 fan
08-13-2012, 06:05 PM
lol at the thunder they have no chance anymore. They will regress book it

I like you dude but you taking it too far.

AWC713
08-13-2012, 06:05 PM
there are tiers in basketball.

are they a playoff team? sure

are they a good playoff team? possibly?

are they a championship contender? just look at their team versus the lakers, heat, or thunder. answer is NO.

nycericanguy
08-13-2012, 06:06 PM
They have to actually perform because people don't want to hear excuses.

But IMO they are a 55 win team. They were 18-6 under Woodson, and as a whole they played VERY well last year when they had an actual PG. When they had to rely on Bibby and Douglas, well not so much.

They have an actual training camp this year, and 2, maybe 3 legit PG's.

Last year they started the year 6 deep, Melo, Chandler, Amare, Fields, JJ & Shump... and then Shump went down after 1 game. Really that was it. Novak didn't come along til later in the year. Douglas was one of the worst players in the NBA. Lin didn't come along til way later and only played 25 meaningful games.

This year they start with a legit 10 deep team. Chandler, Amare, Melo, Kidd, Brewer, JR, Novak, Felton, Camby, Thomas & Shump when he comes back.

They were the top defensive team under Woodson, and #5 overall. That should actually improve this year with guys like Brewer, Camby & Kurt added to the mix. Felton is also a better defender than Lin.

Theres really no glaring weakness this year, you can argue that they could use a more traditional SG. But JR, Shump & Brewer, along with Kidd at stretches is pretty decent as a weakpoint.

MIA, LAL & OKC are clearly the favorites, but NY can be that second tier '11 Dallas type team that sneaks in and wins it.

meloman1592
08-13-2012, 06:09 PM
if lebron or wade go down with a freak injury, we can come out the east....and I feel like OKC is beatable.......but the lakers? No

The knicks are in fact VERY good...there are just other teams that are GREAT

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 06:11 PM
ill believe that when my S**t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

BobbyHillSwag
08-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I like you dude but you taking it too far.

I really don't think they have a chance to beat the lakers. Im seriously thinking they will take the league by storm. Like most people originally thought miami heat would do. It will come true for the lakers though.

Thunder are gonna still be top in the west but I just dont think they have a realistic chance in the next two years to win a chip

D-Leethal
08-13-2012, 06:12 PM
We are deep enough and have the talent to do so, as always with the Knicks it will come down to whether or not we can play like a real TEAM.

Lake_Show2416
08-13-2012, 06:13 PM
there's 2 teams, Heat or Lakers, it's a players league & talent dominates

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:13 PM
They have to actually perform because people don't want to hear excuses.

But IMO they are a 55 win team. They were 18-6 under Woodson, and as a whole they played VERY well last year when they had an actual PG. When they had to rely on Bibby and Douglas, well not so much.

They have an actual training camp this year, and 2, maybe 3 legit PG's.

Last year they started the year 6 deep, Melo, Chandler, Amare, Fields, JJ & Shump... and then Shump went down after 1 game. Really that was it. Novak didn't come along til later in the year. Douglas was one of the worst players in the NBA. Lin didn't come along til way later and only played 25 meaningful games.

This year they start with a legit 10 deep team. Chandler, Amare, Melo, Kidd, Brewer, JR, Novak, Felton, Camby, Thomas & Shump when he comes back.

They were the top defensive team under Woodson, and #5 overall. That should actually improve this year with guys like Brewer, Camby & Kurt added to the mix. Felton is also a better defender than Lin.

Theres really no glaring weakness this year, you can argue that they could use a more traditional SG. But JR, Shump & Brewer, along with Kidd at stretches is pretty decent as a weakpoint.

MIA, LAL & OKC are clearly the favorites, but NY can be that second tier '11 Dallas type team that sneaks in and wins it.

I dont consider Kurt Thomas,Nobak, and Kidd any more to be depth
Also Dallas had around the same players for years with Kidd,Terry,Marion,Dirk its very hard to get on a run like that. Knicks at best are a 2nd round team but knowing the Knicks and Melo probably 1st round exit.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Thats you?

Canada must be awesome.....

NY007
08-13-2012, 06:15 PM
You obviously know I'm not a Knicks fan, but posters and people have been selling them short.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I honestly think the Knicks can win the title this season if Melo plays the way he should play and not do as much iso.

PG Jason Kidd
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

They have a much better defensive team now with Kidd and Brewer. They have a better playmaker in Kidd as well. I see no way they finish 6th like some are predicting.

Thoughts!!!

I agree 100 percent, but here comes the Knicks haters all pumped up and ready to bash the knicks.

nycericanguy
08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Also Dallas had around the same players for years with Kidd,Terry,Marion,Dirk its very hard to get on a run like that. Knicks at best are a 2nd round team but knowing the Knicks and Melo probably 1st round exit.

Thomas you're probably right about.

But taking him away NY is still a very legit 10 deep.

If you don't consider Kidd & Novak to be rotational players you're delusional in the words of Larry Brown.

Kidd is 12 months removed from being the starting PG on the championship team that beat MIA. He put up 12, 6 & 6 against OKC in the playoffs last year. He's going to be one of the better backup PG's in the league.

Novak was hands down the best 3 point shooter in the NBA last year. Had a PER of almost 16, and scored 9ppg in under 20mpg which is pretty great for a bench player.

Chronz
08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Have you taken a look at the Lakers roster?

At this point I think you need to star JR Smith, or put Kidd at the 2 and start fatso

NY007
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM

You are hands down the dumbest poster on here and the sad part is everyone knows it. Every single one of your posts make no ****ing sense and are irrational thoughts. Your sig is a joke as well, Joe Johnson has the worst contract in the NBA. The ONLY reason it was a good signing is because it kept Deron in Brooklyn.

ATX
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
There is a lot of talent on that squad, top to bottom. I'll have to see it to believe it though. Miami, LA, and OKC are the top three undoubtedly. I still see NY as a 4 seed, with a 2nd round matchup with the Heat.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Thomas you're probably right about.

But taking him away NY is still a very legit 10 deep.

If you don't consider Kidd & Novak to be rotational players you're delusional in the words of Larry Brown.

Kidd is 12 months removed from being the starting PG on the championship team that beat MIA. He put up 12, 6 & 6 against OKC in the playoffs last year. He's going to be one of the better backup PG's in the league.

Novak was hands down the best 3 point shooter in the NBA last year. Had a PER of almost 16, and scored 9ppg in under 20mpg which is pretty great for a bench player.

I do consider Novak and Kidd rotational players just not depth, yes Kidd is 12 months removed but its not like he was 29 and now 30 he is 39 going onto 40. Novak is a 1 dimensional player, and dont go ahead and say shooting is fine, because it doesnt help that he has one of the lowest assist rates per minute or that he is an awful defender. I dont see him as a guy that should be on the floor a lot, he should def be on the floor but not 20 minutes more like 5-10 to space the floor in certain situations.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:24 PM
You are hands down the dumbest poster on here and the sad part is everyone knows it. Every single one of your posts make no ****ing sense and are irrational thoughts. Your sig is a joke as well, Joe Johnson has the worst contract in the NBA. The ONLY reason it was a good signing is because it kept Deron in Brooklyn.

Whats your problem? Its my opinion and I dont see what Nets have to do with anything. If your going to reply to my post you should type what you disagree with instead of talking about the Nets which makes no sense at all when this topic is about the Knicks. If you want to talk Nets go ahead and go in the Brooklyn Nets board.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 06:25 PM
before the lakers trade yes but now i don't think so but i think we are good enough to make the finals

oak2455
08-13-2012, 06:30 PM

I'm sure you are ...seems you made that great signing of Fields too :clap::speechless:

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sure you are ...seems you made that great signing of Fields too :clap::speechless:

You would think he was worth it the way you Knick fans always talked him up. :)

NY007
08-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Whats your problem? Its my opinion and I dont see what Nets have to do with anything. If your going to reply to my post you should type what you disagree with instead of talking about the Nets which makes no sense at all when this topic is about the Knicks. If you want to talk Nets go ahead and go in the Brooklyn Nets board.

Bcause your not even worth it lol, I just like to remind you how dumb you are.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-13-2012, 06:34 PM
What they did this offseason really wasn't enough to make them get much better than the 7th seed they were last season. Mike Woodson has had very minimal playoff success. Carmelo has only made it out of the first round once. Their back court is to bleh considering that it's a league that's now won by play from your perimeter players.

nycericanguy
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
I do consider Novak and Kidd rotational players just not depth, yes Kidd is 12 months removed but its not like he was 29 and now 30 he is 39 going onto 40. Novak is a 1 dimensional player, and dont go ahead and say shooting is fine, because it doesnt help that he has one of the lowest assist rates per minute or that he is an awful defender. I dont see him as a guy that should be on the floor a lot, he should def be on the floor but not 20 minutes more like 5-10 to space the floor in certain situations.

I'm not sure what you think the difference is.

Cal827
08-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I will say this: It takes guts to take on the whole Knick fanbase as frequently as DoMeFavors does :D

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure what you think the difference is.

Depth I consider people that could start in this league like LAC have depth. JR Smith is DEPTH, CAMBY is DEPTH...Novak isnt depth.

ManningToTyree
08-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Bait thread

The Knicks have the pieces to get far,but it will depend on Melo and if he can become a leader for his team.Knicks will only go as far as Melo takes them.

oh the irony :rolleyes:

Quietmoney
08-13-2012, 06:41 PM
What they did this offseason really wasn't enough to make them get much better than the 7th seed they were last season. Mike Woodson has had very minimal playoff success. Carmelo has only made it out of the first round once. Their back court is to bleh considering that it's a league that's now won by play from your perimeter players.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Honestly, I say yes we can. But, then you look @ the defending champs Miami, and they only got better. Then you look @ what the Lakers did... It's tough.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Honestly, I say yes we can. But, then you look @ the defending champs Miami, and they only got better. Then you look @ what the Lakers did... It's tough.

Who you cheering for these days Knicks or Nuggets?

AI
08-13-2012, 06:48 PM
People still think Kidd is the Kidd from 2011 championship, during the playoffs he will be 2 years older and had a huge drop off last year. Plus there is no scoring in that lineup besides Melo...who is going to carry the offense it will be just Melo iso ball again. No post players, no 3 point shooting. Brewer and Kidd dont have offense.

Kidd is our backup PG, Felton is our starting PG.

3 point shooting? Steve Novak and J.R. Smith say hi.

If Amare and Felton come back to life, watch out, team will be scary.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 06:48 PM

i still want to know if your a hot chick :D

uprightciti
08-13-2012, 06:49 PM
give me lou amundson or delfino and shiiiiiit

WE GETTING A RING

Reyes6
08-13-2012, 06:50 PM
The Knicks haven't really improved though. Who did they acquire to put them in championship contention? They let Lin go and replace him with Kidd/Felton, which is lateral at best. They got more bench help with Brewer and Camby, but there are three teams I can't see the Knicks beating in the playoffs.

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Bullls

And I'm not sure they can beat the new 76ers if they have a healthy Bynum or Indiana if they keep getting better. Not to mention even if they make the finals they would then most likely play the Thunder or Lakers, both of which I can't see them competing with.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 06:50 PM

Neither. I'ma NET'S fan, bro! Always have, always will be! Hello, Brooklyn! I'm glad BK welcomed us and all 20 of our wins, with open arms!

Now who's the funny guy? :eyebrow:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 06:52 PM
The Knicks haven't really improved though. Who did they acquire to put them in championship contention? They let Lin go and replace him with Kidd/Felton, which is lateral at best. They got more bench help with Brewer and Camby, but there are three teams I can't see the Knicks beating in the playoffs.

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Bullls

And I'm not sure they can beat the new 76ers if they have a healthy Bynum or Indiana if they keep getting better. Not to mention even if they make the finals they would then most likely play the Thunder or Lakers, both of which I can't see them competing with.

A full training camp alone, makes us better. Who did we aquire?

Only a veteran PG, to help mesh, and help our team out. and Also we added the leading rebounder per 48 mins, for the last 5 years. Ronnie Brewer who helps us a ton, out on the perimeter.

IIISSKiLL
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Kidd is our backup PG, Felton is our starting PG.

3 point shooting? Steve Novak and J.R. Smith say hi.

If Amare and Felton come back to life, watch out, team will be scary.

when talking about a team winning an nba championship please do yourself a favor and NEVER EVER bring up j.r. smith again

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Neither. I'ma NET'S fan, bro! Always have, always will be! Hello, Brooklyn! I'm glad BK welcomed us and all 20 of our wins, with open arms!

Now who's the funny guy? :eyebrow:

Oh nice! Nice to have you!

So let me just ask what teams in the NBA have you not been a fan of yet? Since it seems like you are always changing your team every year.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 06:55 PM
when talking about a team winning an nba championship please do yourself a favor and NEVER EVER bring up j.r. smith again

Hypethetically... If JR Smith, was on the Miami Heat, or the Lakers, they're instantly out of Finals contention?

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 06:56 PM

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Bullls

why does everybody think lin is better then felton he might turn out to be down the road yes but felton is a major upgrade over lin and yes on paper we made all of the necessary moves to get to a championship but it all depends on if amare wants to be a star or just a role player only way we even make it out the 2nd is if amare comes back strong next year and outside of nash felton is the best fit to do that but nash would have made us contenders for sure but fk it can't cry over spilt milk

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh nice! Nice to have you!

So let me just ask what teams in the NBA have you not been a fan of yet? Since it seems like you are always changing your team every year.

None! I'ma Brooklyn Net till the wheels fall off!

Sactown
08-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Not a chance... Amare is getting older and worse.. his athleticism is in the past and it's not like Melo would let him shoot anyways..

BklynKnicks3
08-13-2012, 07:02 PM
we would have a shot if u didnt have a team of cowards called the heat.

AI
08-13-2012, 07:03 PM

He's a better player than he gets credit for, and he actually played solid defense last year. Think he's finally maturing both as a player/person.

Also, I'm quite happy that we can throw Shumpert/Brewer/Smith/Kidd at Wade/Allen if we meet in the playoffs. A healthy Amare should be able to keep up with Bosh, we will see.

IN / OUT

Jeremy Lin - Raymond Felton
Baron Davis - Jason Kidd
Mike Bibby - Pablo Prigioni
Landry Fields - Ronnie Brewer
Jared Jeffries - Kurt Thomas
Josh Harrelson - Marcus Camby

I like what we've done plus we're still not done. We've been linked to Kenyon Martin, Carlos Delfino and Chris Anderson who are all upgrades over the guy they'd replace on our roster (Jerome Jordan).

justinnum1
Love these threads

http://i.imgur.com/I6GSf.gif

Hoopsadvocate
Absolutley Not.

And you wanna know why? Because they have Amare and Melo.

Knicks fans and those who just look at pretty plays and not the real part of basketball will think they can rise up but they are already in their prime and have yet to show they can be number 1.

Amare is a hot head with no real basketball IQ to be able to play defense at a level they need from him.

Melo is smarter but his stardom is all in his offensive game where he may be one of the best if not the best offensive talent but to be a champion leader u have to have more than just that. His defense has taken a small notch up (sometimes) but for the most part he is nowhere near a great defender. He doestn make others better either wether thats through playmaking or passing. He will make the occasional pass but not consistently make his teammates better.

J kidd might help him there which is the reason they will be better than last year but still not a contender and def not good enough to win it all.

You wanna win? Trade amare and get melo a personal coach in the offseason to better the parts of his game i mentioned.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Lets see

Raymond Felton,Camby,Thomas all were on Portland last year which was a horrible team
Jason Kidd was on a subpar Mavs team that didnt win a playoff game.

Add that to a Knicks team that wasnt that good, you dont really improve.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Lets see

Raymond Felton,Camby,Thomas all were on Portland last year which was a horrible team
Jason Kidd was on a subpar Mavs team that didnt win a playoff game.

Add that to a Knicks team that wasnt that good, you dont really improve.

you have to be a hot chick thers no way a real basketball fan can be this dumb:facepalm:

Punk
08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
It all depends on Amare and health. If Amare plays healthy and Carmelo has a great season, I like our chances.

Miami posses weaknesses for NY due to LeBron and Wade's penetration but the Knicks matchup well with OKC (assuming they make it to the Finals).

I'm sure everyone will dog this thread and the Knicks but the reality is, the 2010 season had 25 games of Melo/Amare/Billups. Last season was simply poor due to injuries, missing Billups as a PG and bad coaching from D'antoni.

This season is officially the start of the Carmelo/Amare Knicks team that they envisioned building for. First thing Carmelo said when he took the press conference was to add a defensive 90s Knicks mindset and the front office has assembled it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
you have to be a hot chick thers no way a real basketball fan can be this dumb:facepalm:

:laugh:

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Absolutely the Knicks have the talent. What Woodson does with it is another issue. I like the way he coached late last season. going up gainst the heat with no point guard, an injured young SG and a self inflicted amare is not a barometer going forward. This team has tons of depth and if it fits together and people know their roles.....could be magic.

SteBO
08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't think they have enough offense personally, and I'm not a Mike Woodson fan, but I will say that I foresee them as an elite defensive team next year and that alone can get you places (see Chicago, not comparing the two teams at all, but defense wins in this league). However, it's going to hinge on two things....

1) Carmelo Anthony taking the next step.

2) Health (Amare, Shump-Shump)

I don't think Melo-Amare is the greatest fit, but I believe they've overcome enough of that to be able to make some noise in the playoffs. I think lack of a training camp, and the fact that nothing had been set in stone up to this point plays into lack of chemistry. To say they're good enough for the title though is a stretch considering who they're going up against (MIA, BOS, and I still think IND is a little better).

streetsmarts13
08-13-2012, 07:11 PM
^ what is dumb is saying the Knicks could win it all. There is no way this team can do this and yes im a knicks fan. Knick fans need to take there blinders off and see the team for what they are which is not good.

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Miami is what it is, a star studded veteran team with awesome talent all around. Will not be easy to knock them off the perch, but not impossible either.
Lakers don't even know if by will get by OKC yet and their fans are printing championship series tickets already. Not wise.

justinnum1
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
^ what is dumb is saying the Knicks could win it all. There is no way this team can do this and yes im a knicks fan. Knick fans need to take there blinders off and see the team for what they are which is not good.

:clap:

dnewguy
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
You're right...on 2k13

WickedBadMan
08-13-2012, 07:19 PM
If the Heat weren't around they would actually be in the mix, but as this is not the case, they probably come in at around 1%.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't think they have enough offense personally, and I'm not a Mike Woodson fan, but I will say that I foresee them as an elite defensive team next year and that alone can get you places (see Chicago, not comparing the two teams at all, but defense wins in this league). However, it's going to hinge on two things....

1) Carmelo Anthony taking the next step.

2) Health (Amare, Shump-Shump)

I don't think Melo-Amare is the greatest fit, but I believe they've overcome enough of that to be able to make some noise in the playoffs. I think lack of a training camp, and the fact that nothing had been set in stone up to this point plays into lack of chemistry.
why do people say melo needs to take that next step when he's done all he could to win first off danton sucked as a coach and with all these injuries we got i don't care if we had jordan in his prime no way are we beating anybody with a hurt roster melo has already put up 50 win consistently on the nuggets in a much harder conference the real player that needs to take that next step is amare that dude needs to get his stuff together or pack his bags he hasn't done shyt for us except for the first season he was here he had a great first half but when it mattered come playoff time he was injured

:facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM
If the Heat weren't around they would actually be in the mix, but as this is not the case, they probably come in at around 1%.

This. The Heat won it all last year, and got even better. and on paper, it looks like the Lakers, might be the only team that can compete with them.

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM

So your saying that you are a Knicks fan and it's impossible or them to win it all. Really? Impossible?
So if they play solid defense like their supposed to, and their stars amare and melo mesh and play like they can, and their veteran additions do what they were brought here for....it's not possible for them to win it all. you are wrong. A lot must go right for them and I aint betting gainst Miami, but it is possible the Knicks shock everyone. Why not?
Did you pick the Giants to bet the packers and win the Super Bowl?
Everyone was talking Miami and Philly in baseball...did you pick the nationals?
You and i both have no idea really, just guessing at this point. Is it possible? Absolutely it is.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:23 PM

god i can't wait for the lakers to sweep you guys in the finals:clap:

justinnum1
08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
why do people say melo needs to take that next step when he's done all he could to win first off danton sucked as a coach and with all these injuries we got i don't care if we had jordan in his prime no way are we beating anybody with a hurt roster melo has already put up 50 win consistently on the nuggets in a much harder conference the real player that needs to take that next step is amare that dude needs to get his stuff together or pack his bags he hasn't done shyt for us except for the first season he was here he had a great first half but when it mattered come playoff time he was injured

If thats the best carmelo has then the knicks will never get out the 2nd round. his effort is just as inconsistent as his sooting.

And please don;t ever put melo's name in the same sentence as jordan.

Lakers aren't getting past okc.

fadedmario
Like their team. But I doubt it.

Only way that team wins it all is if Miami/OKC/or LA has key injuries.

Hoopsadvocate
It all depends on Amare and health. If Amare plays healthy and Carmelo has a great season, I like our chances.

Miami posses weaknesses for NY due to LeBron and Wade's penetration but the Knicks matchup well with OKC (assuming they make it to the Finals).

I'm sure everyone will dog this thread and the Knicks but the reality is, the 2010 season had 25 games of Melo/Amare/Billups. Last season was simply poor due to injuries, missing Billups as a PG and bad coaching from D'antoni.

This season is officially the start of the Carmelo/Amare Knicks team that they envisioned building for. First thing Carmelo said when he took the press conference was to add a defensive 90s Knicks mindset and the front office has assembled it.

SO whats to stop u guys from adding another excuse this year?

Like "we had no true pg Jeremy lin left and J kidd was really old and couldnt play long stretches"

or "Mike woodson couldnt run an offense gave so and so to many shots and such and such not enough"

Enough excuses. You guys have the talent but it doesnt mesh. And most of that talent is one dimensional. Unless amare,melomakes a complete 180 you'll always be an ok playoff team. Your basically the new atlanta hawks replacing JJ J Smoove and Hortford with Amare, melo and Chandler.

streetsmarts13
^ You lose all credibility just by trying to make a comparison with Melo and Jordan

dnewguy

Look at Melo's career and compare it to Lebron and Wade...Melo has had the better talent around him for most of the years but nothing to show for it. I was frank with Knicks fans last season...I said they should trade Melo to ATL for Smith and Teague (keep Lin) but they settled for a guy that needed Lin to make the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 07:25 PM

Kobe cant beat LeBron

Miami would win in 5

And Miami also added Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis...

Dwayne Wade and LeBron > Dwight and Kobe

also I would like to see Nash guard someone in the finals.

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 07:25 PM

You lose any credibility at all when it's quite obvious your sole purpose on these boards is to insult the Knicks. You have never once said anything positive about them. Sorry rose is hurt and all but your approach is pathetic. Sad really.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 07:27 PM
They are not a contender. They have minimal depth, and their offensive efficiency will be lucky to be top half in the league. I like some things they have done, but I need to be brutally honest.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
If thats the best carmelo has then the knicks will never get out the 2nd round. his effort is just as inconsistent as his sooting.

And please don;t ever put melo's name in the same sentence as jordan.

Lakers aren't getting past okc.

just sounds like your scared to me enjoy your one and only championship in a shortened season which should have an asterisk next to it:clap::clap::clap:

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
You lose any credibility at all when it's quite obvious your sole purpose on these boards is to insult the Knicks. You have never once said anything positive about them. Sorry rose is hurt and all but your approach is pathetic. Sad really.

....Hes not a bulls fan he could give to ***** about rose being hurt. which leads me to believe you arent the best judge of paying attention to what someone posts about so why should anyone believe when u say he hasnt said anything positive about the knicks when u clearly mistook him a HEAT fan for a bulls fan.

itsbeefy11
08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
mobb deep returns.... they definitely have the personnel to make some noise in the post-season - only time will tell, i guess!

old blue
08-13-2012, 07:30 PM
They are still the knicks

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Look at Melo's career and compare it to Lebron and Wade...Melo has had the better talent around him for most of the years but nothing to show for it. I was frank with Knicks fans last season...I said they should trade Melo to ATL for Smith and Teague (keep Lin) but they settled for a guy that needed Lin to make the playoffs.

oh be quiet we aren't talking about melo on the nugges i'm talking about melo on the knicks yea he not the perfect player but give him some dam help in the playoffs before we judge him and don't compare him to lecon and d wade they both had to get together to win one

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2012, 07:32 PM
oh be quiet we aren't talking about melo on the nugges i'm talking about melo on the knicks yea he not the perfect player but give him some dam help in the playoffs before we judge him and don't compare him to lecon and d wade they both had to get together to win one

Wade already won one before lebron was there. Thank you for blessing us with ur basketball knowledge.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:34 PM
^ You lose all credibility just by trying to make a comparison with Melo and Jordan

who compared them genius i just said not even jordan could win with that roster learn how to read :facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 07:36 PM
I can only imagine, what DMF would be saying, if the Knicks would have signed Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis lol.

Punk
08-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Carmelo doesn't really need to take a any big steps. He simply needs to stay healthy and mix up his offense. More unpredicitable shot selection off screens and creative plays. He had his best defensive season last year after people doubted him on that.

It's Amare who truly needs to prove himself because quite honestly, he delivered 9 straight 30 point games and that's it. The Felton/Amare team went on two different losing streaks before Amare pretty much wanted Chandler, Gallo gone for Carmelo. Carmelo comes in, Amare and Melo played great and often scored 60 points combined.

A season later, Amare injuries his back and comes into next season with career lows and absolutely putrid shooting.

The Knicks simply need to put together elite offense (Top 10 atleast) to compliment their elite defense with a healthy roster and they will be good to go. The team enough talent to contend but there simply has to be better flowing offense and rebounding.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Wade already won one before lebron was there. Thank you for blessing us with ur basketball knowledge.

wade won one because of shaq and lebran got embarassed in the finals by the spurs also the year lecon went to the finals kg was injured and the only team that was good that year in the east was the pistons i give it to lecon tho that was his best series and very impressive until he got scared and joined wade
who couldn't even get out the first round after shaq but you guys talk about melo:facepalm:

YoungOne
08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Thunder, lakers, spurs, heat, celtics and maybe sixers over knicks at least.

Big Zo
08-13-2012, 07:40 PM
just sounds like your scared to me enjoy your one and only championship in a shortened season which should have an asterisk next to it:clap::clap::clap:

Bet you wish your beloved knicks had an asterisk championship. And if it needs an asterisk, I say we add another: *free pass to the second round because first round opponent sucked that bad.

dc5jdm
08-13-2012, 07:40 PM
msg would go crazy during finals hell we go crazy any game

Forreal staples center acts like game 1 of the season since were used to being in the finals.

ThunderousDemon
08-13-2012, 07:41 PM

PG Jason Kidd
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

Thoughts!!!

Maybe. :silly:

streetsmarts13
08-13-2012, 07:42 PM
who compared them genius i just said not even jordan could win with that roster learn how to read :facepalm:

Learn to comprehend what ur saying because you are comparing the knicks roster with melo to replacing melo with Jordan and saying MJ wouldnt win. Therefore that is a comparison. O by the way Jordan would win with this roster reason being he is the greatest of all times and unlike melo he makes players around him better.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Bet you wish your beloved knicks had an asterisk championship. And if it needs an asterisk, I say we add another: *free pass to the second round because first round opponent sucked that bad.

nah i'm good im old school i rather see my team EARN IT not just overpay for these super teams just to win championships

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 07:45 PM
I can only imagine, what DMF would be saying, if the Knicks would have signed Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis lol.

Why do you think I just trash everything Knicks do? I said the Ronnie Brewer, Felton, Camby were good moves...and Ray Allen would have been really good since he is still a top talent in this league.

shep33
I dunno. It's going to be tough. Boston also got better this summer imo, and we've yet to actually see New York mesh well with Stat and Melo consistently.

flatbush knicks
Learn to comprehend what ur saying because you are comparing the knicks roster with melo to replacing melo with Jordan and saying MJ wouldnt win. Therefore that is a comparison. O by the way Jordan would win with this roster reason being he was the greatest of all times and unlike melo he makes players around him better.

jordan had pippen bro what are you 5 :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2012, 07:46 PM
wade won one because of shaq and lebran got embarassed in the finals by the spurs also the year lecon went to the finals kg was injured and the only team that was good that year in the east was the pistons i give it to lecon tho that was his best series and very impressive until he got scared and joined wade
who couldn't even get out the first round after shaq but you guys talk about melo:facepalm:

Wade was the finals mvp and shaq barely avg over 15 pts in the finals run. So if melo ever wins a ring (LMAO) i can say it was because of amare then?

shep33
08-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Knicks are so talented though. Really deep team, but it comes down to Melo and Stat leading them to the promised land.

Big Zo
08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
nah i'm good im old school i rather see my team EARN IT not just overpay for these super teams just to win championships

Lol! So if they win next year you're not gonna enjoy it because they had to bring in Amare, Melo, Kidd, and Chandler?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
If you think I'm wrong make some sort of counter argument.

Thunder, lakers, spurs, heat, celtics and maybe sixers over knicks at least.

I'd also add the Clippers, Grizzlies, Bulls(when the playoffs start they'll have Rose back and they've got a pretty solid team without him), Pacers, Nuggets and possibly the Mavericks.

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2012, 07:48 PM

LMAO Are u serious you realize u guys are paying melo and amare more than any of our guys right??

I dont use this much but :facepalm:

Gagan136
08-13-2012, 07:48 PM
It would be cool seeing them make a deep run

The Flash
08-13-2012, 07:50 PM
maybe if they sing Tebow

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 07:50 PM

KG wasnt even on the Celtics in 2006-2007 season, the season LeBron went to the finals. But anyway Spurs were one of the best franchises at that time and still had Duncan, Parker, Manu, Bowen while LeBron had big z. LeBron took a team of role players to the finals and they beat a good Pistons team that year.

How can you seriously be hating on LeBron the best player in the NBA?

FriedTofuz
08-13-2012, 07:51 PM
No team has a chance to win it all besides the lakers the heat, the thunder, the spurs,

lakers
heat

thunder
spurs

it isnt even a question. new york wouldnt even make it to the conference finals.

streetsmarts13
08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
jordan had pippen bro what are you 5 :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

First off Jordan made Pippen. Pippen had the opportunity to do something with out MJ when he 1st retired and failed. So MJ came back and won 3 more.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Why do you think I just trash everything Knicks do? I said the Ronnie Brewer, Felton, Camby were good moves...and Ray Allen would have been really good since he is still a top talent in this league.

Uhh because you do...

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM

Sorry i had to quote this again too funny coming from a knick fan who has two of the highest payed players in the league. And who originally tried to get lebron and wade and bosh and had to settle AND overpay for what they have now.

The hypocracy is hilarious!!

streetsmarts13
08-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Wade was the finals mvp and shaq barely avg over 15 pts in the finals run. So if melo ever wins a ring (LMAO) i can say it was because of amare then?

You know it was cause of shaq. Wade only averaged over 34 points a game lol.

Kashmir13579
08-13-2012, 08:00 PM
They will go as far as 'Melo can take them.

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2012, 08:02 PM

Yep just like the rockets will go as far as Jeremy lin takes them or the Grizzlies will go as far a Z bo takes them or Hawks go as far as Al horford takes them. Either way they arent being taken near a championship thats for damn sure.

streetsmarts13
08-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Yeah the 1st round lol

#1chickhearnfan
They do have the team to do it, melo has to continue his steller play. And they have to stay healthy. (stay away from fire hydrants).

Lake_Show2416
Yep just like the rockets will go as far as Jeremy lin takes them or the Grizzlies will go as far a Z bo takes them or Hawks go as far as Al horford takes them. Either way they arent being taken near a championship thats for damn sure.

Amen, poor management doesnt win titles, u cant just throw money at something & hope it works

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Your as good as your best player

LeBron is really good
Drose is really good
Dirk is really good
Dwight is really good

all good enough to take their teams to atleast the conference finals.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 08:11 PM

Your top 3 players make $62 million, none of them being home grown Knicks, all acquired. The Heat's top 3 players make $54 million, only 2 of which were acquired, one home grown.

I feel better, don't you?

JordansBulls
08-13-2012, 08:11 PM
the knicks have the talent to be contenders. but there are teams out there who are better..

I agree, just want to make the notion that the Knicks are good enough to win it all despite what some may think. How many honestly thought the Mavs would win it all in 2011? Hell even when the playoffs started no one thought they would and no one definitely didn't think they would when they blew that big lead to Portland in round 1 and the series was tied 2-2.

LA_Raiders
08-13-2012, 08:19 PM
they can... I hope a LA vs NY finals..

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 08:19 PM

and what did wade do the season after that or until lebran came 1st round exits but he was still considered top 5 even the one year they were a llottery team but you talk about melo:facepalm:

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 08:24 PM
LMAO Are u serious you realize u guys are paying melo and amare more than any of our guys right??

I dont use this much but :facepalm:

yea but they all came seperatly not just all team up at once because they couldn't do it by themselves and at the time lebran and wade were 1 and 2 in the league but i see what your saying i would have rather just got melo and built around him i mean look what overpaying got us nowhere but hopefully we can make some noise this season but yea i much rather have my team built through the draft something the knicks do but then trade away ther talent

naps
08-13-2012, 08:29 PM

PG Jason Kidd
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

Thoughts!!!

There is a big difference between finishing better than 6th seed and potentially win it all.

2-ONE-5
08-13-2012, 08:33 PM
if you seriously believe that the Knicks are a title contender you need to get off the drugs and seek help.

NYKNYGNYY
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM

And all of a sudden landry fields is a star ...lol

NYKNYGNYY
08-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Your top 3 players make $62 million, none of them being home grown Knicks, all acquired. The Heat's top 3 players make $54 million, only 2 of which were acquired, one home grown.

I feel better, don't you?

LOL burn ...but the knicks were forced to do it like other teams after miamis big 3 took a discount to play together

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 08:40 PM
LOL burn ...but the knicks were forced to do it like other teams after miamis big 3 took a discount to play together

yea yea thats what i meant to say :D

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 08:42 PM

yea yea thats what i meant to say :D

No, that isn't what you meant to say, you have been whining about the Heat's championship the last few pages. I find it hilarious that some Knicks fans are so resentful at the Heat for coming together, when that is exactly what the Knicks have done, only not as good.

STA_PLAR
08-13-2012, 08:43 PM
My professor used to say that everybody starts with an A....so do the Knicks

I'm a Knicks fan but let's leave it to them to **** it up.

Like last year losing to ****ing Cleveland cost them the 6th spot.

I still have hope in my Knicks but lets be realistic.

Baby steps. Lets beat Brooklyn the first game of the season lol.

justinnum1
08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
No, that isn't what you meant to say, you have been whining about the Heat's championship the last few pages. I find it hilarious that some Knicks fans are so resentful at the Heat for coming together, when that is exactly what the Knicks have done, only not as good.

The best is when certain knicks fans say if they had gotten lebron they would have stopped watching.

D12 fan
08-13-2012, 08:46 PM

Me 2.:clap:

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 08:55 PM
The best is when certain knicks fans say if they had gotten lebron they would have stopped watching.

take away the names, that isn't important. When you crap all over a team for basically doing exactly what you did, only they did it better, you are being a hypocrite. Furthermore, at least one of their stars is homegrown.

Kashmir13579
08-13-2012, 08:58 PM
I wish we got Lebron.. :sigh:

NYtilIdie
08-13-2012, 09:12 PM

Shut up, you have no voice when it comes to discussing the Lakers. Only real fans deserve that.

Losoway
08-13-2012, 09:15 PM
if miami gets kidnapped by aliens

then yea we have a chance

Losoway
08-13-2012, 09:15 PM

you was a magic fan last week

lmao

bedford1829
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I think the fall some where in that 2-5 range in the east depending on some of the variables that have been stated above, like...

***Health
***Stat and Melo Chemistry/commitment to Defense
***Consistent Bench Production
***Buying into Woodson's Approach

D-Leethal
08-13-2012, 09:18 PM
First off Jordan made Pippen. Pippen had the opportunity to do something with out MJ when he 1st retired and failed. So MJ came back and won 3 more.

Jordan failed to win a chip without Pippen, whats your point? If the GOAT couldn't get it done without Pippen how is it a knock on Pippen to not get it done without the GOAT?

The Bulls in '93 won 57 games and their 3rd straight title. They played Knicks in conference finals, were down 2-0, tied it up and in decisive game 5 blocked and raped Charles Smith 6 times under the hoop to squeak out a victory that could have changed the whole landscape of MJ and Ewing legacies.

Next season, MJ retires, basically like the Cavs losing LeBron James, they go from 57 wins ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 55, and still take the Knicks who nearly beat them the year before to 7 games.

Pippen is the most underrated player of all time, but only because of idiots like yourself.

God some of you posters make this NBA forum unbearable, and flatbush please stop with the garbage. You truly give all us Knicks fans a bad name.

I find it hilarious not only the irony pointed out by Hawkeye, but to say the only reason Melo doesn't have chips is the poor teammates he plays with while simulaneously ripping LeBron for joining up with better teammates to win a ring.

Big Zo
08-13-2012, 09:24 PM
yea but they all came seperatly not just all team up at once because they couldn't do it by themselves and at the time lebran and wade were 1 and 2 in the league but i see what your saying i would have rather just got melo and built around him i mean look what overpaying got us nowhere but hopefully we can make some noise this season but yea i much rather have my team built through the draft something the knicks do but then trade away ther talent

Stop kidding yourself. Amare signed there because he knew they would have enough cap space to sign another star, and Melo went there to play with Amare. None have ever won ****, and they were trying to do the same thing Heat players did.

Aust
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I've got them ahead of the Nets as the 3 seed. I think they can win it all, it'll just be very very tough.

D2theJ
08-13-2012, 09:33 PM
They're better defensively, but Kidd isn't good anymore at all and they will see that, all he's good for is being a leader. And Camby is what 39? and Amare is never healthy. Age is going to catch up eventually. Bottom line is Carmelo has proven he doesn't know how to make a team win and they won't win until he learns how to do that.

IIISSKiLL
08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Hypethetically... If JR Smith, was on the Miami Heat, or the Lakers, they're instantly out of Finals contention?

Well played sir.. But when trying to make a point that a so so team like the New York Knicks can win a championship and names like Novak, and J.R. Smith pop up then the jokes come out.. I mean no disrespect to Knick fans I think the Knicks made great moves this year and they did very much improve but to say they are contenders for an nba championship is a joke.. I've said this a million times and i'll say it again NEW YORK KNICK FANS NEED TO STOP GASSING EACH OTHER UP EVERY YEAR BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS END UP LOOKING STUPID, DISAPPOINTED, AND ANGRY when they don't make the playoffs, or the 2nd round of the playoffs

IIISSKiLL
08-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Stop kidding yourself. Amare signed there because he knew they would have enough cap space to sign another star, and Melo went there to play with Amare. None have ever won ****, and they were trying to do the same thing Heat players did.

let's not forget the "toast" at melo's wedding by cp3

AllKohn
08-13-2012, 09:59 PM
If by win it all you mean lose in the first round of the playoffs-then yes, yes they can win it all.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 10:00 PM
West that can win it all
Spurs,OKC,Lakers

East that can win it all
Nets, Miami, Celtics

calibird707
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
The knicks need to play with the same grit they played with in the 90's...they werent the most talented team then either,but imposed their will on teams...camby and kidd may be long in tooth but are still valuable pieces off the bench..and most fans would be stoked to have them off their bench...to me the key is how shumpert comes back from the acl....they are as deep as any team in the leauge,simple and plain...and still might add one more piece..

IIISSKiLL
08-13-2012, 10:02 PM
West that can win it all
Spurs,OKC,Lakers

East that can win it all
Nets, Miami, Celtics

slow down buddy the nets aren't even getting to the ECF

Ill21
I wish we got Lebron.. :sigh:

As do I my friend, as do I...:cry:

calibird707
West that can win it all
Spurs,OKC,Lakers

East that can win it all
Nets, Miami, Celtics

Nets aint winning jack

D12 fan
08-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Nets aint winning jack

Come on cut them some slack they will make it to the 2nd round at most.It's better than not making the playoffs.

FraziersKnicks
08-13-2012, 10:15 PM
West that can win it all
Spurs,OKC,Lakers

East that can win it all
Nets, Miami, Celtics

We ain't talking about the lottery son...

Aust
08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
West that can win it all
Spurs,OKC,Lakers

East that can win it all
Knicks, Miami, Celtics

Agreed.

TheNumber37
08-13-2012, 10:27 PM
What's the real difference between Dirk and Melo. I mean, Dirk is a better shooter and is 7 ft but... If Melo can get HOT at the right time, they can put together a mean run.

Of course, their coach is Mike Woodson.

StarvingKnick22
08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
West that can win it all
Spurs,OKC,Lakers

East that can win it all
Nets, Miami, Celtics

its sad how much you've lost your trolling ways. Lopez is a center that cannot rebound, deron williams is kind of overrated. being compared to chris paul and rondo is hilarious considering he is not a true PG.Gerald Wallace? crash has been trash ever since he left charlotte and Joe Johnson is going downhill. the fact that you gave away the equivalent to him doesnt make you a playoff team. C.J Watson is suppose to be great for you right? makes barely any sense. i remember looking at the net forum a month ago and someone made a thread saying "what do we do now?" so i know you guys have fear in yourselves and JJ is not a plus 20+ win player. the knicks have be rated 6th by ESPN as 15-1 chance to win the title. the nets didnt make the catch. i knew you guys were praying for Howard who went to LA. right now, ive only seen some sixer fans, almost all Nets fans, and one nola fan still troll the knicks. at first i enjoyed the thought of the nets in brooklyn know you guys are getting annoying. but hey who am i?

StarvingKnick22
08-13-2012, 10:33 PM
the nets have a chance at second round and thats it.

streetsmarts13
08-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Jordan failed to win a chip without Pippen, whats your point? If the GOAT couldn't get it done without Pippen how is it a knock on Pippen to not get it done without the GOAT?

The Bulls in '93 won 57 games and their 3rd straight title. They played Knicks in conference finals, were down 2-0, tied it up and in decisive game 5 blocked and raped Charles Smith 6 times under the hoop to squeak out a victory that could have changed the whole landscape of MJ and Ewing legacies.

Next season, MJ retires, basically like the Cavs losing LeBron James, they go from 57 wins ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 55, and still take the Knicks who nearly beat them the year before to 7 games.

Pippen is the most underrated player of all time, but only because of idiots like yourself.

God some of you posters make this NBA forum unbearable, and flatbush please stop with the garbage. You truly give all us Knicks fans a bad name.

I find it hilarious not only the irony pointed out by Hawkeye, but to say the only reason Melo doesn't have chips is the poor teammates he plays with while simulaneously ripping LeBron for joining up with better teammates to win a ring.

He average 16.1 points a game for his career. That is nothing special and a super star doesnt average that low. Also Jordan not doing it with out pippen. Really, after being out of basketball for a couple of years and coming back at age 38 and playing 2 years with the wizards and your going to use that as a point. As for pippen almost, well he didnt win it by himself in his prime. Jordan made him look better than what he was. Like i said. Jordan made average players look better than what they were.

Blitzbolt
08-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Iso's don't work in the playoffs.

Woodson=Iso king
Fat melo=Iso Ball Hog master

They won't get far they might make the playoffs because Stern will get them there just because its NY.

BKLYNpigeon
08-13-2012, 10:49 PM
The Knicks wont get out of the first round if they face Miami or Boston

knickfan33
08-13-2012, 10:49 PM

PG Jason Kidd
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

Thoughts!!!

thats a big one... and stats production and defensive effort. ohnestly im kinda looking at stat as rest for camby right now, not the other way around..lol

Evolution23
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Gotta put the talent together and mesh

knickfan33
08-13-2012, 11:09 PM
The Knicks wont get out of the first round if they face Miami or Boston
they wont be a 7-8seed... so thats not gonna be an issue... it would real nice to get some momentum going into a series vs one of those teams... or i should say miami, im not worried about boston at all,there still good, but i definetly think we can top them.

IIISSKiLL
08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
the nets have a chance at second round and thats it.

Nets, and Knicks have a chance at second round and thats it

Aust
08-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I can definitely see them as the 3 seed

ohreally
08-13-2012, 11:30 PM
I've liked their old guys as players for a long time, but I can't say I have any faith in Felton and I do think age is bound to play a big role with the old 3. I also don't see Melo changing, think JR loses you as many games as he wins, and I have serious doubts about Amare playing well for long stretches or staying healthy. I honestly can't see them finishing with a better record than the Sixers or Nets, but they all have question marks. But making it to the East finals? No, I can't say I can see that. As much as I'd like to.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 11:42 PM

fine your right
:hide: leave me alone:D

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 11:46 PM
why does everybody say our age will catch up with us maybe in like 2 years but now no way none of the guys that are like 40 are starters They are all back ups and we even have a 3rd string pg that could handle the back up role we only brought in those guys cuz we needed a strong vet presence in the locker room but with that being said i still see j kidd as a great back up we good people stop hating

Gritz
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Probably the worse backcourt in the league

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Probably the worse backcourt in the league

you crazy as hell felton is underrated and is going to prove his worth next year but more importantly the knicks have the best defensive back court in the league and we are only getting deeper when shump comes back if amare wasn't starting and we sign k mart we'd probaly have the best defensive starting line up in the league

3ballbomber
08-14-2012, 12:01 AM
NYK won't even make out of the East let alone the NBA finals.

D12 fan
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
The Knicks might be the most overrated sports team ever,they always get hype even when they were a lottery team.

D12 fan
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I blame it on Spike Lee.

Blitzbolt
08-14-2012, 12:06 AM
you crazy as hell felton is underrated and is going to prove his worth next year but more importantly the knicks have the best defensive back court in the league and we are only getting deeper when shump comes back if amare wasn't starting and we sign k mart we'd probaly have the best defensive starting line up in the league

Fat Melo-One of the worst defenders at his position.
Felton-A over weight fat a s s.
Kidd and davis-OLD
Amare- the worst defender at the PF position(boozer second)
JR-Offensive player not know for his D

^This looks pretty bad to me I'm pretty sure NY is one of the worst defensive teams in NBA history.

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Kidd and davis-OLD

^This looks pretty bad to me I'm pretty sure NY is one of the worst defensive teams in NBA history.

:facepalm::facepalm:
worry about your own teams first round exit and davis doesn't even play for us no more:facepalm: i know your mad your team hasn't improved and probaly won't make the playoffs out west but felton has already lost weight an is a beast on defense brewer is the best defender at the two or if not 2nd best amare sucks at defense yea but thats why i said genius if we sign k mart and start amare off the bench then we'd be the best defensive starting 5 how about you try reading the post before you troll:clap:

D12 fan
08-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Kidd and davis-OLD

Definition of a troll look above.^

D12 fan
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
worry about your own teams first round exit and davis doesn't even play for us no more:facepalm: i know your mad your team hasn't improved and probaly won't make the playoffs out west but felton has already lost weight an is a beast on defense brewer is the best defender at the two or if not 2nd best amare sucks at defense yea but thats why i said genius if we sign k mart and start amare off the bench then we'd be the best defensive starting 5 how about you try reading the post before you troll:clap:

Stop reading at Felton lost weight.:facepalm:

Pics or it didn't happen?

Blitzbolt
08-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Grizzlies have 4 straight years as top 10 defensive team.

Number one in steals and force turnovers in the last 3 years.

NY played defense for basically half a year and you think your one of the best now CHILD PLZ.

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Definition of a troll look above.^

:clap::clap:
not even a good troll d12fan you should give him some pointers on proper trolling we all know your the best:worthy:

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:16 AM

NY played defense for basically half a year and you think your one of the best now CHILD PLZ.

and how far did that defense get you last year:laugh2:

RonE Coleman
08-14-2012, 12:18 AM

And 4 years ago the Miami heat sucked, bringing up old stats is beyond dumb. The Knicks had the 5th best defense according to def efficiency stats last year which was better than Memphis. Troll

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:18 AM

google it what do you think woody don't play that fat shyt round here son even amare and melo lost weight

Blitzbolt
08-14-2012, 12:19 AM
and how far did that defense get you last year:laugh2:

7 games vs he clippers and lost in last 2 minutes.

That D help us beat the spurs and almost beat the thunder in 7 before that.

Tony_Starks
08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Miami, Chicago, and Boston are proven and better coached. Even if they managed to get to the finals they couldn't compete with LA or OKC...

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
7 games vs he clippers and lost in last 2 minutes.

That D help us beat the spurs and almost beat the thunder in 7 before that.

key word LOST STOP :cry: :laugh:

Blitzbolt
08-14-2012, 12:21 AM
And 4 years ago the Miami heat sucked, bringing up old stats is beyond dumb. The Knicks had the 5th best defense according to def efficiency stats last year which was better than Memphis. Troll

You miss my point do it for more then a year(half year).

justinnum1
08-14-2012, 12:21 AM

If miami sucked 4 years go being a 5th seed than NY must have really sucked last year.

cp yankeesman
08-14-2012, 12:25 AM
This is a stupid forum!!! The Knicks will not win the NBA title this year period!!! It will be Miami vs Lakers or Thunder!!! I'm a Knick fan saying this!! Please shut this down this forum. Youre making us look stupid saying this!!!

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:25 AM
you miss my point do it for more then a year(half year).

hey hey hey now buddy jeremy lin did it for like 22 games and got a max deal in his last year of that contract :D

RonE Coleman
08-14-2012, 12:27 AM
If miami sucked 4 years go being a 5th seed than NY must have really sucked last year.

Clearly you missed the point like always . I wasn't bashing Miami, I was saying brining up stats from 4 years ago to make a point about the upcoming year is ********. Things can happen in 4 years, for instance the Heat landing Lebron and Bosh. This is not the same Knicks team from 4 years ago.

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Hey guys why are you arguing you know the knicks are the best team in the league and the lakers nor heat don't stand a chance. LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

dam justinnum1 your my favorite poster on psd thanks bro:D

JLynn943
08-14-2012, 12:34 AM
"if Melo plays the way he should play and not do as much iso"

and therein lies the problem.

If the team plays to each player's absolute best, then they have a shot. I just don't think that will realistically happen.

ThunderousDemon
08-14-2012, 12:46 AM
The Knicks are back!

kikeyanez
08-14-2012, 12:50 AM
the knicks aint deep enuff, they should try and move stoudamire and get deeper

RonE Coleman
08-14-2012, 01:36 AM
the knicks aint deep enuff, they should try and move stoudamire and get deeper

Um what? They have one of the deepest teams in the league. There problem is not a lack of talent. It is that the combination of Melo Amare and Tyson has not been able to work yet but a lack of talent is far from an issue.

Felton, Kidd
Jr, Brewer, Shump when healthy
Melo, Novak
Amare
Tyson, Camby

10 deep of guys who would get significant minutes on other teams... the exception being Novak being a 15 min a game player at best but does serve a purpose

Come playoff time no team outside of the Spurs goes anymore than 8-9 deep

goose14741
08-14-2012, 01:56 AM

According to the pic alanhahn posted at summerleague. If u care u.can look it up im not here to prove anythimg. he looks like he did mid season 2010. Im excited

StarvingKnick22
08-14-2012, 02:02 AM
hey hey hey now buddy jeremy lin did it for like 22 games and got a max deal in his last year of that contract :D

please dont ever be a knick fan again no one likes bailing you out. anyways a bit off topic people. lets ignore flatbush so we can enjoy threads.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2012, 02:08 AM
lol the knicks really?! camby and kidd really are going to make the difference?

eibbor
08-14-2012, 02:16 AM
title is wrong... Should have been... Kicks have the talent...

jmoney85
08-14-2012, 02:20 AM
any 1-5 seed in either conference could, just depends on injuries and whos hot at the right time

kobe4thewinbang
08-14-2012, 02:21 AM
LOL. They only lasted 5 games last season.

Meanwhile, they've added 25 new point guards.

Aside from Chandler, who can play defense? Melo can't be chucking up 40 foot 3's all the time, either. They're lucky they won once against Miami.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2012, 02:43 AM

Aside from Chandler, who can play defense? Melo can't be chucking up 40 foot 3's all the time, either. They're lucky they won once against Miami.

I Rock Shaqs
08-14-2012, 02:44 AM
It doesn't matter if who's on the Knicks it's all about chemistry.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2012, 02:56 AM
It doesn't matter if who's on the Knicks it's all about chemistry.

and since when has melo and chemistry happened in his ENTIRE career including HS and college. its always been the melo show no matter where he is.

flatbush knicks
08-14-2012, 07:14 AM
please dont ever be a knick fan again no one likes bailing you out. anyways a bit off topic people. lets ignore flatbush so we can enjoy threads.

ah shaddup:facepalm:

seikou8
08-14-2012, 07:41 AM

we were a top 5 defense bro we shump brewer and Jr who all could defend.felon and kidd are above average. we are not championship contender but don't dis us like that. injuries made our season hell.

BklynKnicks3
08-14-2012, 08:16 AM
just has more post then Kareem has points damn lmaooo prolly got a psd tattoo. Lets go knicks I keep it real knick are a east finals talent level team not a chip team the east is very tough with the cowards in miami boston 76ers improving over night and the nets

Knicks21
08-14-2012, 08:41 AM
You miss my point do it for more then a year(half year).

66 Games against the best players in the world not enough evidence?

koreancabbage
08-14-2012, 08:42 AM
have you seen Jason Kidd play last year? dude's old. he has def lost a step. Puts up good rebounding numbers and he had weapons in Dallas but we're talking Melo here, mister ISO. I expect the rebounding numbers to stay the same, less assists and same points or less.

Knicks have the talent, but I don't know why people are expecting Melo to be beasting and lead the team anywhere... He's perfect for international play but he showed why can't he lead a team through the Olympics. He's the perfect 2nd option IMO. so is Stoudemire. and maybe on a championship team, Stoudemire a third option.

Fuddrucka
08-14-2012, 08:43 AM

PG Jason Kidd
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

Thoughts!!!

I agree with everything except the fact that Kidd won't start and Felton is just as good a defender if not better in this stage of his career. And Shump may start when he gets back

Jroz
08-14-2012, 08:52 AM
If I was the coach

Kidd-Felton
Smith-Brewer
Melo-White
Amare- ?
Chandler-Camby

10 man rotation

forgetting the best 3 point shooter of the year % wise...

mjm07
08-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Too many equally ( boston, Nets, Indiana, Sixers, and Bulls with Rose) if not better ( HEAT) teams in the East.

I don't see more than a 2nd round exit but the Knicks have to make it, at least, to the ECF with the talent they have on that roster. If not they'll be no better than the pre-JJ trade Hawks.

DitchDat
08-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Add Felton, Smith, Novak, Camby to the bench and you have nice team. It depends on Melo and Amare though. They are the stars and they have to set the tone.

YEDN90
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Let them prove they're even the best team in NY before we jump to this conclusion.

I'm not bashing the Knicks, or overly praising the Nets, or even saying that they WONT be good, but lets not jump to conclusions.

xxplayerxx23
08-14-2012, 10:06 AM

:facepalm: they limped into that series. Shump out after game 1, No amare for game 3, no lin,no davis after game 3. Bibby started game 5 and played a role in all games isn't that enough? Knicks wouldn't have won the series but lets not pretend like they were 100 percent healthy.

StarvingKnick22
08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
OHHH YEEEEAAH CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! the season hasent even started but we can be consedered winners/losers. anyways the clear answer is schrondinger's cat.

FraziersKnicks
08-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Kidd and davis-OLD

Do some homework son, 5th best defensive team last season according to defensive rating. DPOY in Tyson Chandler. Seems like you're just a Knicks hater. Also, you call my boy Melo a fat ***, take a look at the kid in your sig.. That dude's a fat ***. Not a world class athlete who gets paid millions to play basketball and win gold medals. Good attempt at trolling.

LoneWolf
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM

There's no such thing as "playing as you should". You are who you are and Anthony is just another run of the mill streak shooter who doesn't play defense. This league is and always will be full of these types of players.

Da Knicks
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Knicks have a very good balanced team who will finally have a training camp to mesh. Its chip or bust for the knicks right now, and yes i feel that we have a really good chance to win it this year...

Federal Reserve
08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Besides the Heat, I don't see any team in the NBA having a shot at stopping the driving nuclear force known as the Knicks.

The goods
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Can they be good enough? Yes they match up well with the heat on paper let's see if they come with it and can stay healthy this season.

Rockice_8
08-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Championships are driven by the stars. Knicks stars don't mesh therefore they are really contenders.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Certainly have the talent lol. Unfortunately like the 2011 Heat showed, sometimes that isnt everything. They have to play team ball, and great defense.

yanksrock
08-14-2012, 11:09 AM
I like the Knicks' chances. Basketball can't come soon enough.

The Miami Cheat
08-14-2012, 11:10 AM
everyone is sayings its as far as melo can take em when i think its STAT who is the one who will have to do the carrying of the team... Look at stat when he first signed in ny w felton he was a mvp canidate then when melo came he dropped off. You know what your going to get out of melo and tyson i really think its how/if amare can get back to that mvp status with out taking away from what melo or tyson do

stat def needs to step up this year big time

seikou8
08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Can they be good enough? Yes they match up well with the heat on paper let's see if they come with it and can stay healthy this season.

this

mamba24
08-14-2012, 11:21 AM

PG Jason Kidd
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Tyson Chandler

Thoughts!!!

I see the knicks as a 4th seed tops...

Celtics>Knicks
Miami>Knicks
Nets>Knicks

Say for some reason the Knicks got thru those teams in the playoffs they would still have to face the Lakers or OKC... and IMO:

OKC>Knicks
Lakers>Knicks

eternal slumber
08-14-2012, 11:21 AM
if the Knicks are healthy and play to there full potential, who knows, they might shock the world.

seikou8
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
i see the knicks as a 4th seed tops...

Celtics>knicks
miami>knicks
nets>knicks

say for some reason the knicks got thru those teams in the playoffs they would still have to face the lakers or okc... And imo:

Okc>knicks
lakers>knicks

can they play game first before you say this