PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The All-Star Center In The East?

Punk
08-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Now that Dwight is in the Western Conference.

Now, I know everyone will say Andrew Bynum but he hasn't exactly proved he can be the #1 option and face of a franchise yet or what will he look like without Gasol and Kobe creating options for him.

So, who will make the All-Star team as the Center?

asandhu23
08-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Bynum unless he has a huge slump that former Lakers players always seem to have when they leave LA.

popo85
08-13-2012, 01:53 AM
The question should be who will be the back up Center in that game. Could be Hibbert again or Tyson im hoping

SA5195
08-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Not saying he's gonna make it, but don't rule Bargnani out.

If he can stay healthy this year, that is.

AWC713
08-13-2012, 01:57 AM
hate these questions...

its ALL about popularity, and "Starting all star" generally means thats you're really good and/or really deserve it.

noah could win bc of chi's fanbase. same with tyson because of NY.

who's going to be the best? thats a completely different question.

Punk
08-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Not saying he's gonna make it, but don't rule Bargnani out.

If he can stay healthy this year, that is.

Isn't he going to be at PF next to Jonas?

DeyAce
08-13-2012, 02:08 AM
Noah

Sinestro
08-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Bynum, I expect a big year out of Monroe so he may put up a fight

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-13-2012, 02:15 AM
I'll be deemed as a homer, and that's fine but its what I believe whether I was a Nets fan or not. Brook Lopez has a chance to make the team easily. Simply for two reasons, he scores like crazy and he plays in Brooklyn. Fans are enamored by points and popularity, I think he can get in and even start on that alone.

Now I am not saying he isn't capable of putting up numbers to have even the most critical fans vote for him because I think he has all the potential in the world but I think the two reasons I mentioned could really come into play come voting time.

PocketKings
08-13-2012, 02:18 AM
I love the Greg Monroe love btw. I think if Drummond can have the defensive impact a lot of pundits think he can have in his rookie year at the Center position and allow Monroe to play PF, I think Monroe will be a breakout player this year.

So with that said he wouldn't be a center but a PF, but it depends on Drummond's transition.

I just want to say though it's good recognizing him though.

DreamShaker
08-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I'll be deemed as a homer, and that's fine but its what I believe whether I was a Nets fan or not. Brook Lopez has a chance to make the team easily. Simply for two reasons, he scores like crazy and he plays in Brooklyn. Fans are enamored by points and popularity, I think he can get in and even start on that alone.

Now I am not saying he isn't capable of putting up numbers to have even the most critical fans vote for him because I think he has all the potential in the world but I think the two reasons I mentioned could really come into play come voting time.

He has to put up better rebounding numbers to get consideration. I really have not watched him much in the past few years, but less than 5 rebounds a game, nobody can take that seriously.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Got stacks like Jonas Valanciunas.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-13-2012, 02:33 AM
He has to put up better rebounding numbers to get consideration. I really have not watched him much in the past few years, but less than 5 rebounds a game, nobody can take that seriously.

This is a big misconception. His first two years he was averaging about 8.4 rebounds per game, not the best but with his scoring numbers its not bad. His one year he averaged 6 rebounds per year he was coming off and offseason where he suffered from Mono and I believe lost about 30 pounds going into the season. Keep in mind hes already a slender guy so losing 30 pounds really kills your chances to rough someone up in the post.

I think his rebounding abilities overall are very over exaggerated. I've watched him since he came out of Stanford, he can get boards (to an extent), his real problem is defense. He lacks the ability to defend someone one on one (although he can block shots and averages about 1.6 for his career).

I think people shouldnt sleep on this kid one bit, he will shock a lot of people this year. He will no longer be getting double teamed every night and he will be the #2 or #3 scoring option. I cant see how he doesnt flourish.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 02:38 AM
andrew bynum and al horford knicks players never get no love when it comes to that stuff

Raps08-09 Champ
08-13-2012, 02:39 AM
:laugh2:

How is Horford not on this list? He's the 2nd best Center in the East.

Evolution23
08-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Bynum starting and Chandler backup

Hellcrooner
08-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Fans vote.
Fans dont care for W/L for the TEAM.
Fans dont care for ADVANCED stats.
Fans dont care for efficiency.
Fans care for Scoring stats regardless of Fg%.

Wich means.

Barring injury, Bynum has it wrapped up for him.

Being used as a first option he will get an inneficient 24 and 12 and have the casual fans, and those who dont care for anything but scoring in awe, add the mirriad of votes of some lakers fans that got attached to him.

INjury, or Starting center in east.

Theres no contest.

DreamShaker
08-13-2012, 02:52 AM
This is a big misconception. His first two years he was averaging about 8.4 rebounds per game, not the best but with his scoring numbers its not bad. His one year he averaged 6 rebounds per year he was coming off and offseason where he suffered from Mono and I believe lost about 30 pounds going into the season. Keep in mind hes already a slender guy so losing 30 pounds really kills your chances to rough someone up in the post.

I think his rebounding abilities overall are very over exaggerated. I've watched him since he came out of Stanford, he can get boards (to an extent), his real problem is defense. He lacks the ability to defend someone one on one (although he can block shots and averages about 1.6 for his career).

I think people shouldnt sleep on this kid one bit, he will shock a lot of people this year. He will no longer be getting double teamed every night and he will be the #2 or #3 scoring option. I cant see how he doesnt flourish.

I like Lopez, it is just how people value big men. If Lopez does get his rebounds back to 8 per game, and puts up 20PPG, he will be valued less than a guy like Noah, who will likely put up 13/11 with much better defense. Lopez, fair or not, is considered soft. But, at only24 years old, he has much room to grow. I was just saying that scoring is not his issue in garnering All-Star respect. I do think this will be his best season, though. But I doubt he starts unleess he puts up 20/10 and the Nets get a high seed. Hope both ring true.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-13-2012, 03:02 AM
I like Lopez, it is just how people value big men. If Lopez does get his rebounds back to 8 per game, and puts up 20PPG, he will be valued less than a guy like Noah, who will likely put up 13/11 with much better defense. Lopez, fair or not, is considered soft. But, at only24 years old, he has much room to grow. I was just saying that scoring is not his issue in garnering All-Star respect. I do think this will be his best season, though. But I doubt he starts unleess he puts up 20/10 and the Nets get a high seed. Hope both ring true.

See but hears the thing, I think he can put up 20/10, and I dont think its that far fetched of a theory at all. He can gotten close to those numbers before (09-10), if he can do that same thing, while being on a team as popular as the Brooklyn Nets "should" be, I dont see why he cant start over Bynum.

I guess all with have to happen before you can say one thing or another but essentially the point I'm trying to get across, to really everybody, is that he has a great chance at starting for the East.

SA5195
08-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Isn't he going to be at PF next to Jonas?

Oh **** yea you're right, I forgot about Jonas :o

IndyHeatjman
08-13-2012, 05:13 AM
No love for Hibbert? He made the team last year...just got paid big and should deliver. He gets better every year. Bynum might not "hit a home run" in philly. And Chandler might continue to decline offensively. The sixers are in overhaul mode and will need time to let team gel. And knicks added Kidd and lost Lin...got older...and will also need time for chemistry to kick in. However, Pacers maintained their starting five. Chemistry for this team is through the roof. They also began to find their niche in offense during the playoffs by playing inside to Hibbert/West. Instead of Granger being the focal point of the offense, I believe their best option is to pour it on inside with Hibbert. This could mean better stats, not to mention he has an exclusive fan section in the fieldhouse, plus many other fans, to vote for him. Lets not forget his recent trip to Sacremento to visit that kids family. People, NBA Fans, will empathize with that and ultimately win him more votes.

c.c.
08-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Noah!!!

seikou8
08-13-2012, 05:28 AM
bynum not even close

abe_froman
08-13-2012, 05:38 AM
:laugh2:

How is Horford not on this list? He's the 2nd best Center in the East.

i dont know if he is anymore,both hibbert and monroe made huge strides last year and tyson stayed in consistent form for multiple years.horford gained that title back when there was lack of quality center depth in the east...thats changed

as to the question my guess will be bynum starts(obviously)with tyson as back up

Iron24th
08-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Andrew Bynum

knicksfan42
08-13-2012, 06:25 AM

I think his rebounding abilities overall are very over exaggerated.

Actually it isn't in any way a misconception. His TRB% has always been mediocre-horrendous and he has gotten worse at rebounding every single year. TRB% decreased from 15.6% to 13.5% to 10% to 7.7% (he was injured almost the entire year here). Absolutely horrendous. Pretty good rebounder for the SG position though.

Whomewhome
08-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Bynum probably still has a lot of Lakers still routing for him. and it's down to votes. No contest on the starting C.

The question is who is his backup.?

rex.reyesiii
08-13-2012, 07:54 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/Scal_Media_Day.png/220px-Scal_Media_Day.png

^ He'll be at the Center Position next season :P

Aust
08-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Everyone but Noah has a chance imo. I'll give my bias vote to Drew

Rockice_8
08-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Bynum will probably have the best stats and a playoff team so my best guess is him.

Hibbert was a joke last year of an allstar so another 13/9 season isn't getting him in. Noah is the same way mini double doubles 13/11 isn't getting it done.

Chandler has the best chance of the Hibbert/Noah group cause he's the best defender and plays in NY.

Lopez needs to up in rebounding back in the 8-9 range and if he can score around 20ppg he'll get consideration.

Horford is a threat as well as long as he's considered a center, which I don't think he should be.

Monroe is a wild card but his team is bad so he'll probably be overlooked.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Bynum
Tyson
KG/Hibbert
Monroe/Noah

Will be the likely top votes at C IMO
As for the question the likely starter will be Bynum/Chandler because of where they play.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 09:21 AM
If NY/Brooklyn fans don't totally eff up the voting, it will be Bynum easily. He is the best center in the east.

Swashcuff
08-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Bynum will probably have the best stats and a playoff team so my best guess is him.

Hibbert was a joke last year of an allstar so another 13/9 season isn't getting him in. Noah is the same way mini double doubles 13/11 isn't getting it done.

Chandler has the best chance of the Hibbert/Noah group cause he's the best defender and plays in NY.

Lopez needs to up in rebounding back in the 8-9 range and if he can score around 20ppg he'll get consideration.

Horford is a threat as well as long as he's considered a center, which I don't think he should be.

Monroe is a wild card but his team is bad so he'll probably be overlooked.

So he plays damn every single minute of his last 3 seasons matched up against Cs and he shouldn't be considered as one because you feel his skill set is that more resembling that of a PF? That makes no sense. If the man plays solely against Cs why shouldn't he be categorized in the same way as them?

knicksfan42
08-13-2012, 09:39 AM
If NY/Brooklyn fans don't totally eff up the voting, it will be Bynum easily. He is the best center in the east.

I'd be more concerned with the starting PG for the West next year.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I'd be more concerned with the starting PG for the West next year.

Yeah, Paul won't be getting as many votes out of LA as Nash will. I have no problem with how the voting goes, it is what it is. But I am suspect many times on who the coaches name as reserves.

AntiG
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Garnett

Aust
08-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Ah, forgot about Garnett. Will he be playing more 5 again? Haven't taken a look at the C's roster

mike44
08-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Probably Bynum.
Horford should be on here though especially since Joe is gone, it should be Al's team now.

Avenged
08-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Bynum has so much hype going into the Sixers so even if he slumps, the votes alone will get him to start.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Probably Bynum, but Chandler wouldnt surprise me at all since he's on the Knicks.

justinnum1
08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
bynum and horford would be the backup

mjm07
08-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Bynum or Chandler should start. Monroe is a sleeper who i can def see starting for the EAST.

Don't sleep on Joel Anthony either...

D-Leethal
08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
1 or 2 of those guys are almost guaranteed to have injury plagued seasons - whoever can stay healthy should have a lot to do with it.

D-Leethal
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Paul won't be getting as many votes out of LA as Nash will. I have no problem with how the voting goes, it is what it is. But I am suspect many times on who the coaches name as reserves.

I think hes referring to a certain PG in H-Town

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-13-2012, 11:31 AM
It should be Bynum. Where's KG? He's probably the second best center (if not 3rd to Horford) in the east. He's going to be playing center this season.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I think hes referring to a certain PG in H-Town

puke

Knickrocketsfan
08-13-2012, 11:45 AM
i could see stat making it, even though he is not a C, similar to when he was on the suns playin pf.

pebloemer
08-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I chose Hibbert because Horford wasn't on the list. Bynum should have a good shot at it though. He's got the size and talent to be the best C in the East.

RaiderLakersA's
08-13-2012, 11:47 AM
If he stays healthy, it's gotta be The Beast, Andrew Bynum.

theheatles
08-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Chandler is going to be getting a lot of love

shep33
08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Bynum may be the starter for the next 7-8 years if he stays healthy and no superstar big is drafted out east

toisdabest81
08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Bynum. He was the all star center in the West last year. No reason that he wont rep the East this year.

Lake_Show2416
08-13-2012, 11:57 AM
if there r no health issues, Bynum will easily b the starting center for the East

tnewkirk
08-13-2012, 11:59 AM
people voted for noah lol.

kobebabe
08-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Bynum, Hoford (How in the heck did u leave him out?) as back-up

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Bynum will win the vote. Chandler will start because Bynum pulled his yubula and will sit out 6 weeks.

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Each teams center plays different rolls. Bynum is a scorer first, chandler and Noah are defenders first. I look at Noah as more of a 4 though. Imagine chandler and Noah playing side by side. No one would ever see the rim.

Captain Moroni
08-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Chandler shut down D12 twice last year. When he is in the game, Bynum, Garnett, Howard, hibbert, all suffer offensively.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Pekovic outplayed Dwight pretty easy last year. He also gave Chandler 21-13 last year.

Just saying. Head to heads isn't the greatest way to evaluate.

rsweene
08-13-2012, 12:54 PM
hate these questions...

its ALL about popularity, and "Starting all star" generally means thats you're really good and/or really deserve it.

D Rose is out probably til the all star break so Chicago could be as popular all around as Philly during that time.

Bynum could fall off the face of the earth with his attitude mixed with the Philly fan base breaking him. Or he will love proving everyone wrong and he'll show he can be as good as Dwight every night and have sparks of greatness.

Bynum will face more double teams and less alley oops with the Sixers. If he doesnt become a better passer and learn to dunk hard over everybody LIKE HE SHOULD, he'll suffer.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
hate these questions...

This, and I wouldn't doubt 1 of those 2 getting the nod.

NYKnickFanatic
08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Bynum obviously, unless he gets injured.

jp611
08-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Bynum
Chandler
Hibbert
Noah
Monroe

Those all come to mind

sixer04fan
08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Easiest poll question in a while

TheRunKiller
08-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Andrew Bynum is by far the best C in the East...I think they shoulda kept Iggy tho

Bynum
Iggy
Holiday that would have been real nice

RealLiveBear
08-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Bynum for sure, not even close.

joeystats
08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
My answer is the same as everyone

gwrighter
08-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Got stacks like Jonas Valanciunas.

Young Fresh & Fly like Jonas Valanciunas.

dtmagnet
08-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Well Bynum is the best center and he's pretty popular, so unless he's injured its obviously him.

AntiG
08-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Ah, forgot about Garnett. Will he be playing more 5 again? Haven't taken a look at the C's roster

Yup, same starting lineup as last year pretty much, with Bradley likely injured to start the season so either Lee or Green (with Pierce at SG) end up starting.

nycsports2
08-13-2012, 05:52 PM
bynum/chandler

nycsports2
08-13-2012, 05:52 PM
hibbert could also

Frozenred
08-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Joakim Noah

b@llhog24
08-13-2012, 05:56 PM
So you left off the best center in the east of this list because?

goose14741
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Its tyson and bynum, either could take top spot, bynum prolly gets it. Noone else will b imvolved in the voting. Noah and monroe might get a couple votes

Swashcuff
08-13-2012, 09:22 PM
So you left off the best center in the east of this list because?

You think Horford is better than Bynum?

b@llhog24
08-13-2012, 10:44 PM
You think Horford is better than Bynum?

Yeah, by virtue of being able to stay healthy. If Bynum does it for another year and Horford doesn't improve with the amount of touches coming his way then I'll probably change my rankings.

DR_1
08-13-2012, 11:57 PM
I homer voted Noah, but Bynum will and should get it. Noah should make it behind him though.

Aust
08-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Noah's stats should go up as the team will have to compensate without their best player

Swashcuff
08-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Yeah, by virtue of being able to stay healthy. If Bynum does it for another year and Horford doesn't improve with the amount of touches coming his way then I'll probably change my rankings.

Horford wasn't healthy last season however. With a torn pectoral muscle you really don't expect lingering effects but Horford at no point in his career was better than a healthy Andrew Bynum do you really think he's going to be better because he's healthy? That really don't make him a better player that makes him a healthier player.

ManningToTyree
08-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Bynum
Horford
Hibbert
Monroe
Chandler

all are capable of all-star seasons, but I say Bynum and Horford if both are healthy.

b@llhog24
08-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Horford wasn't healthy last season however. With a torn pectoral muscle you really don't expect lingering effects but Horford at no point in his career was better than a healthy Andrew Bynum do you really think he's going to be better because he's healthy? That really don't make him a better player that makes him a healthier player.

Its funny to see the words "healthy Bynum." Is he ever really healthy? What good is Bynum being better than Horford when he is rarely ever on the floor? Like i said IF he does it for another year and Horford doesn't improve beyond what we have grown accustomed to him producing then I'll change my ranking.

#1chickhearnfan
08-14-2012, 01:51 AM
bynum should easily get it, if he stays healthy.