PDA

View Full Version : Yes or no?

Cal827
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, we have had this before, but I thought we might as well try it again. One person posts a hypothetical situation. The person after that answers yes or no (up to them whether or not they want to provide an explanation), then adds another question.

Anyways, I will start off:

OKC will be the best team in the League when the season ends and the playoffs begin.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
No, the Heat will still be the best team when the season ends with OKC/LAL/SAS all fighting for the best team in the West.

Question:
The Lakers will have three 20 ppg scorers in Kobe, Pau, Dwight?

shep33
08-12-2012, 07:22 PM
No, the Heat will still be the best team when the season ends with OKC/LAL/SAS all fighting for the best team in the West.

Question:
The Lakers will have three 20 ppg scorers in Kobe, Pau, Dwight?

No, Kobe will be the only player who averages at least 20 ppg on the Lakers. Ball needs to move, lot of guys who can score for our team. But I think Dwight will average around 19 ppg, and Pau around 17-18.

Question:
Will Andrew Bynum post better overall statistics than Dwight Howard?

blastmasta26
08-12-2012, 07:23 PM
No, Pau will score in the teens and there's a (albeit small) chance Kobe might as well.

Hypothetical: The Nuggets will become an elite team in the West.

Edit: late response, yes for The Bynum question. Only ppg though.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes, Bynum will be a 22+ PPG scorer with at least 11 RPG. Dwight will have him on rebounds, blocks, and impact on the game, but as far as scoring goes, Bynum will have the edge.

Question:
Does a superstar get traded by the trade deadline? If yes, who?

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:25 PM
To answer the Nuggets question: Elite, no. Very good team, yes. IMO they are in that 4-6 range behind OKC, LAL, SAS.

shep33
08-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Yes, Bynum will be a 22+ PPG scorer with at least 11 RPG. Dwight will have him on rebounds, blocks, and impact on the game, but as far as scoring goes, Bynum will have the edge.

Question:
Does a superstar get traded by the trade deadline? If yes, who?

Yes. Well this is tricky, I don't know if many people would consider Josh Smith a "superstar" but I think there is a good chance that he's gone.

Question:

Who will have the least wins in the NBA this next season?

Cal827
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes. Well this is tricky, I don't know if many people would consider Josh Smith a "superstar" but I think there is a good chance that he's gone.

Question:

Yes :D.....Orlando. I think they win less that 15 games.

Next:

Amar'e rebounds to average about 20-10.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM

Question:

That's a good answer, but honestly, I don't see Smoove being dealt but at the same time wouldn't be surprised.

Answer to your question: Charlotte.

Question:
Does Dwight Howard play more than 65 games for the Lakers next season (not including post-season)?

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes :D.....Orlando. I think they win less that 15 games.

Next:

Amar'e rebounds to average about 20-10.

I'll answer this: Yes on the scoring, no on the rebounding. I think with Felton back it'll help Amare's role in the offense, but don't see the increase in rebounding. I can see a 22-24 ppg/ 8-9 rpg.

davids22
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Question:
Does Dwight Howard play more than 65 games for the Lakers next season (not including post-season)?

Yes. Usually can stay healthy, I feel his injury last year was overplayed due to his big off-season coming up (he knew he'd be traded). Good conditioners in LA too, plus Kobe will motivate Dwight to play.

Question: Lebron James will win his 4th MVP

blastmasta26
08-12-2012, 07:35 PM
No, I think Durant finally gets it. Part of it might be people getting tired of LeBron winning lol

Q: Will someone other than Anthony Davis win ROY?

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes, darkhorse candidate for ROY is Damian Lillard in Portland.

Question:
Does Carmelo Anthony return to previous form and score 25+ ppg and challenges for the scoring title in the league?

davids22
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, Carmelo is a great scorer. It's what he does, and I believe Durant and Melo will be the two highest scorers in the league next year.

Q: The first Lakers/Heat game on TV will set a ratings record for a regular season game.

shep33
08-12-2012, 07:40 PM
That's a good answer, but honestly, I don't see Smoove being dealt but at the same time wouldn't be surprised.

Answer to your question: Charlotte.

Question:

I honestly couldn't think of any other "star" level players that would get traded. Lol the easy answer was always Iggy. He's been on the block for years haha.

You question: I'm going to say yes, he plays 70-75 games. Some reports are saying he's on schedule, with others saying he'll miss the first month of the season. I listened to a report by an LA doctor saying that he should be ready for training camp, but I think he'll miss the first week or so.

Question: Do the Timberwolves make the Playoffs?

STA_PLAR
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes to the Twolves in the Playoffs
and
Yes to Lakers, Heat getting the highest ratings ever.

Q: If Heat and LA make it to the finals. Who wins?

blastmasta26
08-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Heat, I don't think LA has the defense or athleticism to keep up. Although their size would pose a problem. Not a yes or no question by the way :p

Q: Will the ECF be a rematch of last year?

mRc08
08-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Heat, I don't think LA has the defense or athleticism to keep up. Although their size would pose a problem. Not a yes or no question by the way :p

Q: Will the ECF be a rematch of last year?

No.

Jeremy Lin will average better than 16 and 9?

naztrack
08-12-2012, 07:57 PM
no, i think the Lakers will be the best team...they are the most complete team as it stands and barring injuries i truly believe they will have the best record in the league come playoff time

shep33
08-12-2012, 08:08 PM
No.

Jeremy Lin will average better than 16 and 9?

Push! Lol, honestly see him averaging those exact numbers.

Question: Who will win Defensive Player of the Year?

mRc08
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Push! Lol, honestly see him averaging those exact numbers.

Question: Who will win Defensive Player of the Year?

Goin out on a limb...Noah

Dwight will average more ppg than kobe?

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 08:12 PM

Not to bait or get in some argument, but Noah isn't even the best defensive player on the Bulls.

Interesting answer though.

Answer: Kobe. It's still going to be his team this year. Dwight will be 2nd in scoring though with Pau nipping on his heels.

Question:
Does Kevin Love demand a trade if the Wolves don't start off strong or make the playoffs?

douglas
08-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Dwight will not average more points than Kobe.

Who will win the rookie of the year?

shep33
08-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Not to bait or get in some argument, but Noah isn't even the best defensive player on the Bulls.

Interesting answer though.

Answer: Kobe. It's still going to be his team this year. Dwight will be 2nd in scoring though with Pau nipping on his heels.

Question:
Does Kevin Love demand a trade if the Wolves don't start off strong or make the playoffs?

I'm going to say no. I think he'll stick through it for this season, but if they don't make the playoffs then I think he'll ask out in the summer of 2013.

Question: Who's the first coach to get fired?

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm going to say no. I think he'll stick through it for this season, but if they don't make the playoffs then I think he'll ask out in the summer of 2013.

Question: Who's the first coach to get fired?

Answer: Mike Brown. And Nash/Kobe become interim HC/player! Just kidding.

I'm going to say that Vinny Del Negro. I don't even know how he has a job still. lol.

Question: Which team has the biggest record differential from last year? i.e. Who has either the biggest change in victories? or losses?

Jarvo
08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Lakers will win more games.

Question - Are the Nuggets now a top 5 team in the West and how far will they go in the playoffs *If they make it*

blastmasta26
08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Some people are missing the "Yes or no?" aspect of this thread lol.

Cal827
08-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Some people are missing the "Yes or no?" aspect of this thread lol.

Lol, yeah... oh well I guess we could go with what's going on right now, with just hypothetical questions

Question: Which team has the biggest record differential from last year? i.e. Who has either the biggest change in victories? or losses?

Orlando. They are going to lose so much this year.

Who will win the rookie of the year?

Lilard

Question - Are the Nuggets now a top 5 team in the West and how far will they go in the playoffs *If they make it*

No. I still got LAL, LAC, OKC, Memphis ahead of them. They could make the second round (if they draw Memphis)... They need LAL to fall out a bit.

The Knicks and the Nets will meet in the first round.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Yes NYK wins in 5 or 6 :D

Will the Knicks make it to the ECF :)

Shkelqim
08-12-2012, 11:42 PM

Hell NO.

Will the Sixers challenge for a top 4 spot next year in the EAST.

D Blue987
08-12-2012, 11:44 PM

No NYK get beat by Boston or the Heat in second round.

Question: Clippers are dark horse to beat OKC in playoffs?

nicegoing
08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
No, but don't worry OKC will lose to the Lakers in the WCF

Will the Lakers will 70 games?

Shkelqim
08-12-2012, 11:47 PM
No, but don't worry OKC will lose to the Lakers in the WCF

Will the Lakers will 70 games?

Lol no.

Will the Sixers be a top 4 team in the east

I Rock Shaqs
08-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Lol no.

Will the Sixers be a top 4 team in the east

I think they'll fight with the Bulls for the 4th Seed, to get that rivalry jump-started a little more.

Which team will have the most people going to the all star team?

kobe4thewinbang
08-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Which team will have the most people going to the all star team? Lakers. Kobe, Nash, Howard & Gasol

New question: Will Dallas surprise doubters and survive the first round?

seikou8
08-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Lakers. Kobe, Nash, Howard & Gasol

no the west is too good

will boston have the 2 seed come playoff time

shep33
08-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Lakers. Kobe, Nash, Howard & Gasol

I say no if they're a 6-8 seed. They need to beat out the Grizz, Nuggets etc. to make sure they don't play OKC, LAL or the Spurs

shep33
08-13-2012, 04:12 AM
no the west is too good

will boston have the 2 seed come playoff time

No, but they'll be in the ECF.

Question: Kings or Warriors? Who has a better record?

Iron24th
08-13-2012, 04:30 AM
No, but they'll be in the ECF.

Question: Kings or Warriors? Who has a better record?

Warriors.

Will indiana improve?

seikou8
08-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Warriors.

Will indiana improve?

no

will the knicks win 50 games

Knicks21
08-13-2012, 05:57 AM
no

will the knicks win 50 games

No, but close.

Will Anthony Davis win ROY?

IndyHeatjman
08-13-2012, 06:13 AM
No, but close.

Will Anthony Davis win ROY?

No, he might not stand out with his stats due to the bulk of the Offense going to be filtered through Gordon and Anderson. He will get playing time and put some numbers up but other rookies are in a better position to deliver higher stats for a ROY award.

Will Indiana win the Central Division?

seikou8
08-13-2012, 06:34 AM
No, he might not stand out with his stats due to the bulk of the Offense going to be filtered through Gordon and Anderson. He will get playing time and put some numbers up but other rookies are in a better position to deliver higher stats for a ROY award.

Will Indiana win the Central Division?

yes

will nash average 10+ assists

IndyHeatjman
08-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Will Indiana Improve?
No
Will Indiana win Central Division?
yes
ummm...That would be an improvement...just saying.

will nash average 10+ assists
Yes

Can Washington slip in at 8th seed in Playoffs?

seikou8
08-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Yes

Can Washington slip in at 8th seed in Playoffs?

hmmmmmmmmmm yes ?

will miami win 60+ games

IndyHeatjman
08-13-2012, 07:04 AM
hmmmmmmmmmm yes ?

will miami win 60+ games

Yes
I must say though, that the league overall has gotten more competitive. And the only two teams i see even having the potential of pulling this off are Miami and L.A. Lakers. Then again, this year there may not be any team who accomplishes it.

Will Miami win more games than the Lakers?

seikou8
08-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Yes
I must say though, that the league overall has gotten more competitive. And the only two teams i see even having the potential of pulling this off are Miami and L.A. Lakers. Then again, this year there may not be any team who accomplishes it.

Will Miami win more games than the Lakers?

yes miami has two years together with same core now and la will need time to gel and get that flow going.

will philly be a top 5 seed

IndyHeatjman
08-13-2012, 07:27 AM
yes miami has two years together with same core now and la will need time to gel and get that flow going.

will philly be a top 5 seed

No, I see it like this...Boston/Miami/Indy should win their respective divisions. Therefore they should be Top 3 seeds. Then you have other more proven teams in the east like Chicago and New York. And now Brooklyn has thrown themselves in that Mix too. Seeds 4-6 should go to any of these teams. Plus Atlanta could still make a run, as well as the earlier mentioned Wizards. I See Philly fighting with Hawks and Wiz for the final two spots. They're gonna need time to get chemistry goin this year.
Is all of the above an accurate description of the Playoff situation in the Eastern Conference?

seikou8
08-13-2012, 08:42 AM
No, I see it like this...Boston/Miami/Indy should win their respective divisions. Therefore they should be Top 3 seeds. Then you have other more proven teams in the east like Chicago and New York. And now Brooklyn has thrown themselves in that Mix too. Seeds 4-6 should go to any of these teams. Plus Atlanta could still make a run, as well as the earlier mentioned Wizards. I See Philly fighting with Hawks and Wiz for the final two spots. They're gonna need time to get chemistry goin this year.
Is all of the above an accurate description of the Playoff situation in the Eastern Conference?

yes but we will see if chicago is above Brooklyn

will we see boston vs miami in ecf