PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Tried to Trade Bynum to T-Wolves?

shep33
08-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm guessing they were asking for Love. It's a rumor coming from Minny only, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/334658-lakers-tried-to-trade-bynum-to-t-wolves?sct=nba_bf1_a4&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

Cal827
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
LOL, Gasol-Love front court.... well I guess that could work since Gasol is still more of a 5. Probably also wanted Derrick Williams or something like that... It's LA, they don't do deals unless they can **** the other team lol

Nash
Bryant
World Peace
Love
Gasol

I think for defensive purposes, they got the right guy in LA right now. Love might be great offensively and rebounding, but there are so many PFs out there that could eat him up inside (E.g. LA, Z-Bo, Griffin, etc)

shep33
08-12-2012, 02:25 PM
LOL, Gasol-Love front court.... well I guess that could work since Gasol is still more of a 5. Probably also wanted Derrick Williams or something like that... It's LA, they don't do deals unless they can **** the other team lol

Nash
Bryant
World Peace
Love
Gasol

I think for defensive purposes, they got the right guy in LA right now. Love might be great offensively and rebounding, but there are so many PFs out there that could eat him up inside (E.g. LA, Z-Bo, Griffin, etc)

Yeah, I think getting Howard makes more sense. I'm surprised that Minny's front office resisted the power of the Dark Sith Lord known as Mitch Kupchak.

C-Style
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Who cares, Dwight>>>Love

C-Style
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I think getting Howard makes more sense. I'm surprised that Minny's front office resisted the power of the Dark Sith Lord known as Mitch Kupchak.

U need to get that newspaper scanned!

iliketurtles24
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Lakers were probaby asking for Love, Rubio, Pek, and Williams

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Lakers would have been asking for Love + someone else. No thanks from a Wolves fan perspective.

shep33
08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
U need to get that newspaper scanned!

Never :p

Cal827
08-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Lakers would have been asking for Love + someone else. No thanks from a Wolves fan perspective.

But you guys would be getting a Center that could shoot the three.... Although I guess shoot and make are two different things here :D

Although on a side note, a Love-Bynum front court would be brutal do deal with for most teams.... Why can't the Lakers ever make a **** move? lol

Reyes6
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Love would be great in LA, but if I was Minny I'm not sure I would even do Bynum-Love straight up. Talent wise Bynum would win out, but Love is a great hustle player with less injury concerns and much more mature.

Avenged
08-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Sounds like a good deal for us but we ended up getting a better player than Love anyways so..

KB24PG16
08-12-2012, 02:38 PM
would rather have howard than love la still has pau

shep33
08-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Sounds like a good deal for us but we ended up getting a better player than Love anyways so..

I agree

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Gasol/Love, or Gasol/Dwight?

Pretty easy choice imo.

Aleksandar
08-12-2012, 02:51 PM
If I was an executive of NBA team, and Lakers called me, I would just hung up before they manage to say a word.

shep33
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
If I was an executive of NBA team, and Lakers called me, I would just hung up before they manage to say a word.

True, we infiltrate opposing GM's souls at "Hello" :p

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Mitch is the Bill Belichick of the NBA. If they call interested in a trade proposal, you hang up the phone, and rip the cord out of the wall, otherwise you will be convinced to send your two best players and 1st rounders to the Lakers for a role player.

Eg714
08-12-2012, 03:00 PM
If Mitch trades with the wolves it will be Pau for Love straight up.

D12
Love
Metta
Kobe
Nash

ThunderousDemon
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM

D12
Love
Metta
Kobe
Nash

Do it Mitch! lol

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Love for Bynum wouldn't make sense for the Wolves. Pekovic doesn't make enough to hold his value, and can't play outside the paint.

shep33
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I like Minny's team as is. Pek, Love, AK, Sved/Roy, Rubio. Nice bench with Williams, Budinger, probably Roy, Barea, Ridnour, Stiemsma, and Cunningham

#1chickhearnfan
08-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Listen, to all the non laker fans, and other teams remember, the Lakers will always get what the lakers want. Other GM's want to Mitch, other teams want to be lakers, and other city's want to be like L.A. If the Lakers really wanted KL, they could get him.

RaiderLakersA's
08-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Delayed reaction: "We get to keep Pau?!??"

Ahhh, that never gets old.

Vinny642
08-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Who cares, Dwight>>>Love

Definitely man, with that no offensive game and bad back and all

Chronz
08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
If Bynum werent such a health risk he would be a great get for any team, but Minny already has a center. No need to move Love and create a position of need.

Love and Bynum, now that would be deadly.

Avenged
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Definitely man, with that no offensive game and bad back and all

So now Love is better than Dwight?

Aust
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Gotta stick with Dwight, but Love is one of my favorite players. Love what Love brings to the table, not to mention a Love and Peace starting roster :p

Vinny642
08-13-2012, 12:08 AM
So now Love is better than Dwight?

Offensively yes light years better, defense not even close, rebounding yes by a little.

Hellcrooner
08-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Lakers will wait on love.
Isnt he a f.a coincidentially when the team has cap space again? ( early player termination option).

Mave1002
08-13-2012, 12:57 AM

D12
Love
Metta
Kobe
Nash

Biggest 2014 S&T

MWP will be gone by then. And I believe it will be the final season for both Kobe and Nash.

C-Style
08-13-2012, 02:44 AM
It honestly sounds they wanted Love just to send him to the Magic for Dwight.

Hellcrooner
08-13-2012, 02:53 AM
It honestly sounds they wanted Love just to send him to the Magic for Dwight.

MOre like they wanted Love and then Offer Pau to a third team that sent similar crap to orlando to what they have gotten either way.

Raye
08-13-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm surprise the T'Wolves still have a team.

Iron24th
08-13-2012, 04:32 AM

And no thanks from a Lakers fan perspectie.

Iron24th
08-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Offensively yes light years better, defense not even close, rebounding yes by a little.

Love 13.3rbds ; Dwight 14.5rbs.

:crazy:

PraiseJesus
08-13-2012, 05:02 AM
think of all the headache Minny could have avoided if they trade Love for Bynum

Will they get a better offer than that??? U know he will ask for a trade just like most good players do on crappy team

Losoway
08-13-2012, 05:02 AM
kevin love plays so sloppy in the paint... he would force gasol out of the paint

PraiseJesus
08-13-2012, 05:04 AM
btw Love is a good bit younger than Dwight so I think Bynum for Love straight up was discussed.

I recall Love having some 30/30 games last year... he is a beast

JNA17
08-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Mitch is the Bill Belichick of the NBA. If they call interested in a trade proposal, you hang up the phone, and rip the cord out of the wall, otherwise you will be convinced to send your two best players and 1st rounders to the Lakers for a role player.

http://i47.tinypic.com/r89dv5.jpg

You got that right. :laugh2:

JNA17
08-13-2012, 05:55 AM

D12
Love
Metta
Kobe
Nash

Then Mitch says "and THEN, you will have my permission to accept the deal". :laugh:

Whomewhome
08-13-2012, 06:06 AM
which is why you are not an executive for an NBA team

joseph aka Jman
08-13-2012, 06:37 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/r89dv5.jpg

You got that right. :laugh2:

Got a good laugh about that :laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
08-13-2012, 08:28 AM
I just came in my pants over the thought of Steve Nash running the pick and roll with Gasol and Love. I'd pay to watch that. Still... Dwight's defence is going to be what makes the Lakers hard to contend with.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Love 13.3rbds ; Dwight 14.5rbs.

:crazy:

Career rebound rate

Love: 21.4%
Howard: 21%

Aust
08-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah, he's a freakin monster man.

jt1bui
08-13-2012, 09:36 AM
D12 has the slight edge over Love. His defense is tremendously better than Love's but Love's offense is that much better than D12's. I think that D12 has the slight rebound advantage over Love, just because of strength and length.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 09:43 AM
D12 has the slight edge over Love. His defense is tremendously better than Love's but Love's offense is that much better than D12's. I think that D12 has the slight rebound advantage over Love, just because of strength and length.

Love is the slightly better rebounder, that being said, as long as the Wolves play him on the perimeter a good amount on offense, his rebounding numbers will slowly begin to drop.

Dwight is the better player right now. Period. I will add that.

WSU Tony
08-13-2012, 10:07 AM

I'd say "F off" then hang up. At least get a jab in there...

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 10:09 AM

haha

Gibby23
08-13-2012, 11:21 AM
It wasn'r even for Love. it was going to be as a 3rd or 4th team to get Williams and picks to the Magic.

The Minnesota Timberwolves declined a trade offer to acquire Andrew Bynum. The deal likely would have included Derrick Williams, who has been at the centerpiece of Timberwolves trade offers for Pau Gasol over the last few months. General Manager David Kahn is confident in Nikola Pekovic at the center position, who could be in line for a huge contract extension next offseason.

http://iamagm.com/article/timberwolves-declined-trade-offer-for-andrew-bynum#.UCfD8e3yFUQ

Wolves fans are trying to spin this like the Lakers wanted Love. They didn't, Howard was always the target and Mitch was looking for a 3rd team that would take Bynum for picks and a young player (See what Phily gave up). Khan is a ****** and just held the TWolves back again because he thinks he has a great plan. Good luck with the plan of sucking for a while and trying to rebuild again when love wants out.

Aleksandar
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
which is why you are not an executive for an NBA team

I don't think that's the main reason.

Aleksandar
08-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Khan is a ****** and just held the TWolves back again because he thinks he has a great plan. Good luck with the plan of sucking for a while and trying to rebuild again when love wants out.

Khan has been criticized a lot, even by our own fans here, but your statement is completely ignorant.

He has done a solid job this offseason, and we'll just have to wait an see how it turns out.

king4day
08-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Bynum for Love (assuming Bynum would extend), I'd do it. Bynum, IMO, is elite. Love can shoot and rebound but I don't see him ever being an elite back to the basket scorer. Bynum can do it all.

king4day
08-14-2012, 01:01 PM
It wasn'r even for Love. it was going to be as a 3rd or 4th team to get Williams and picks to the Magic.

http://iamagm.com/article/timberwolves-declined-trade-offer-for-andrew-bynum#.UCfD8e3yFUQ

Wolves fans are trying to spin this like the Lakers wanted Love. They didn't, Howard was always the target and Mitch was looking for a 3rd team that would take Bynum for picks and a young player (See what Phily gave up). Khan is a ****** and just held the TWolves back again because he thinks he has a great plan. Good luck with the plan of sucking for a while and trying to rebuild again when love wants out.

I didn't read this until now. Kahn is mental if this is true. You pair Bynum with Love and Rubio? They suddenly become and elite team out west.
Stars would want to come to Minny all of a sudden. I really hope this isn't true for their sake.

nate2usmc
08-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I didn't read this until now. Kahn is mental if this is true. You pair Bynum with Love and Rubio? They suddenly become and elite team out west.
Stars would want to come to Minny all of a sudden. I really hope this isn't true for their sake.

Same here. Want the best for Minny which is a team that I actually WANT to watch this year. KHAAAAAANNNNNNN! :laugh2:

8kobe24
08-14-2012, 04:46 PM

You realize that this is pretty much what Magic FO said to the Lakers because they couldn't stand sending Dwight to the Lakers. But later on, they realized that they had to take the best deal possible because the Brooklyn deal has sailed, and they would've gotten REAL low ball offers had they waited til trade deadline.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2012, 04:50 PM

It would have been for much more than Williams, and that is one person's information.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Bynum for Love (assuming Bynum would extend), I'd do it. Bynum, IMO, is elite. Love can shoot and rebound but I don't see him ever being an elite back to the basket scorer. Bynum can do it all.

Love averaged over 26 a night on elite efficiency. He gets it done regardless. When ranking to top players in the NBA, I think you will find a nice split on who people think are better, Love or Bynum.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2012, 04:52 PM
You realize that this is pretty much what Magic FO said to the Lakers because they couldn't stand sending Dwight to the Lakers. But later on, they realized that they had to take the best deal possible because the Brooklyn deal has sailed, and they would've gotten REAL low ball offers had they waited til trade deadline.

You work in the Lakers front office?

I do love how everyone here takes the media's comments as gospel. None of us are in the room with the GM's of these teams getting calls.

Gibby23
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
It would have been for much more than Williams, and that is one person's information.

It would have been Peck, Williams, and a 1st rounder, about the same as Phily gave up. Don't try and make it where The Wolves are giving up a ton. We already know what Dwight Howard got traded for and if you do the math you can put together what the Wolves would have had to give up.

Aleksandar
08-14-2012, 05:39 PM

I realize people have different opinions, but Bunym over Love isn't realistic thinking. Personal preferences aside, Love is a better player.

Also, few other things:
1. Minnesota already have a decent center, but don't have a decent PF who would replace Love.
2. Love is locked for 4 more years, while Buynum is an expiring contract, which might easily be an issue for a small market team.
3. Bunym is injury prone, Love is not.
4. Bunym only started showing consistency this year, while Love is playing well on nightly basis, and has shown continued steady improvement over years.
5. Bunym has had his off court issues, and often shows immaturity.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2012, 06:53 PM
It would have been Peck, Williams, and a 1st rounder, about the same as Phily gave up. Don't try and make it where The Wolves are giving up a ton. We already know what Dwight Howard got traded for and if you do the math you can put together what the Wolves would have had to give up.

I am not saying they would have given up a ton. I am also saying I really don't care what a dude in the media is reporting. Most of the so called "intel" the media gets is garbage.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2012, 06:55 PM
I realize people have different opinions, but Bunym over Love isn't realistic thinking. Personal preferences aside, Love is a better player.

Also, few other things:
1. Minnesota already have a decent center, but don't have a decent PF who would replace Love.
2. Love is locked for 4 more years, while Buynum is an expiring contract, which might easily be an issue for a small market team.
3. Bunym is injury prone, Love is not.
4. Bunym only started showing consistency this year, while Love is playing well on nightly basis, and has shown continued steady improvement over years.
5. Bunym has had his off court issues, and often shows immaturity.

Pretty much. Also factor in that Bynum was actually better when they weren't running the offense through him. I thought he was better as a board crashing defender who took what he got, and Gasol was the interior presence.

Trust me, if indeed the rumor was for Pek/Williams and a protected 1st (which we have already traded away....), fine, as long as Bynum signed an extension before the trade. But I find it hard to believe that was the case.

Chronz
08-14-2012, 09:03 PM

LMFAO KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!!!

What a ****ing idiot man, I understand the risk of him going down with injury but Love and Bynum for that package is a deal no competent GM turns down. Man this guy never ceases to amaze me. At the very least you hold Bird rights of a far superior prospect than anything youve given up. Late first rounder that he cant even use to draft + Williams would have been a steal

Chronz
08-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Love averaged over 26 a night on elite efficiency. He gets it done regardless. When ranking to top players in the NBA, I think you will find a nice split on who people think are better, Love or Bynum.

Defense? Im not sold on Love being clearly better

Hawkeye15
08-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Defense? Im not sold on Love being clearly better

when did I say he was clearly better?

BobbyHillSwag
08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
LMFAO KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!!!

What a ****ing idiot man, I understand the risk of him going down with injury but Love and Bynum for that package is a deal no competent GM turns down. Man this guy never ceases to amaze me. At the very least you hold Bird rights of a far superior prospect than anything youve given up. Late first rounder that he cant even use to draft + Williams would have been a steal

wow the dude really turned down a trade for bynum with derrick williams as the main target :confused: How the hell do you turn a deal down like that? Their center is pretty good now, but c'mon that package for Bynum? you can't let that slip. Something is seriously wrong with that dude. Hell, even if it wasn't a sure thing of resigning him they still would have had a better chance because they would have more money to do it.

MickeyMgl
08-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Hanging up the phone is not the answer. If you think of every trade as something you have to win, you're going to hang up on a lot of good offers and not help your team.

It's not like the Lakers aren't making good offers. They gave up the second best player in this Howard trade. The Magic just didn't take care of themselves and make sure they got the best they could get out of all the players involved.

The Gasol trade worked out well for Memphis in the long run.

MickeyMgl
08-15-2012, 11:43 AM

You can put me in the "Love>Bynum" camp. In a straight up trade, the Lakers win.

Hawkeye15
08-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Seeing as Williams has been rumored by the media to be in discussion for Anderson Varajeo, I highly doubt Kahn is turning down Bynum for him. Again, these are most likely bogus reports, so the overreaction in here is a bit much.