PDA

View Full Version : USA team vs. USA team that didn't play

RaffyBoy
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
If the players that weren't on the current USA team be able to beat the current USA team?

Current team:
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durrant
Lebron James
Tyson Chandler

Bench
Deron Williams
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Carmelo Anthony
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Love
Anthony Davis

VS.

Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Rudy Gay
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

Bench
Rajon Rondo
Monta Ellis
Eric Gordon
Danny Granger
Josh Smith
Chris Bosh
Andrew Bynum

This is if all the players are healthy and played as they did last season.
(can someone add a poll, don't know how :D )

Sixerlover
08-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Current team still has Lebron, Kobe, Durant. They win

Hellcrooner
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe maybe not.

Rocketsfan85
08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Current team would win

Reyes6
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Too many weapons on the current team, they win.

kjoke
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
healthy d-rose

xnick5757
08-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Current team would lose, they would get killed on the boards

J_M_B
08-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I think the team would look more like

Rondo - Irving

Wade - Rose - Gordon

Granger - Gay

Bosh - Aldridge - Griffin

Howard - Bynum

Once Tyson Chandler comes out of the game or gets into early foul trouble, the current USA team is going to be very vulnerable down low.

Yet this team isn't as good defensively on the perimeter ..

John Walls Era
08-13-2012, 03:45 PM
If Blake Griffin is starting over Bosh, I don't like their chances.

J_M_B
08-13-2012, 03:53 PM
If Blake Griffin is starting over Bosh, I don't like their chances.

I doubt he would.

Bosh has prior Olympic experience and is better suited internationally, but having Griffin as your third big off the bench is damn luxury.

dnewguy
08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Wade can negate Lebron...i'd give the other team the edge.

TheRunKiller
08-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Healthy Drose on this team would have been even more scary but howard & wade missing team usa would have been even better. that's scary to think about

mightybosstone
08-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Current team. Not only is it more talented at the top, but those guys have played together and shown that they have chemistry. Also, that second team is seriously lacking perimeter shooters. You have to be able to hit the occasional 3 in international basketball.

hail2skins4life
08-13-2012, 04:57 PM
2nd team would win.

The current team relies on the 3 too much and has a serious lack of size. Spain showed how to exploit that perfectly. Pau Gasol dominated the US down low. Took over in the 3rd.

Spain's bigs were the 2 Gasols and Ibaka. Thats pretty damn good. But imagine if instead of them, it was Howard/Bynum, and Bosh/Smith/Griffin. They had Lebron on Marc sometimes. They could not put Lebron on Bynum or Howard.

The 2nd team would dominate down low and slow the game way the **** down. They do have a serious lack of 3 point shooters, but they still got Rose, Wade, Rondo, and a bunch of guys that can score.

current team would not get any buckets down low. the 2nd team D is too tough. Rose, Wade, Rudy Gay, Bosh, Howard. They can get hot from 3 but if they go cold then theyre ****ed.

I say 2nd team would win 3 out of 5 times. maybe 7 out of 10. The current team would have to be on perfect shooting nights. They would definetely lose if they played the way they did agaainst spain.