PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Joins NBA's "SUPER TEAM CIRCUS." Small market teams just a farm system?

desmond412
08-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Revenue Sharing, Salary Cap, BLAH BLAH BLAH....Small markets are on the brink of having their fan bases cut in half with the rise in popularity of the "super team." Orlando may not necessarily be a small market, but i can guarantee you their fan base has just been cut, and their following losing seasons won't help much either... The lakers land Dwight Howard after months of him requesting to be traded, and Lebron chizzes his way to a championship earlier this year... The "me" syndrome" is what I'd like to contribute to this growing problem with superstars aligning and screwing fans. What do you all think about this problem and where do you see the future of the NBA and smaller markets. Will there ever be a reduction in teams?.... Mark Madsen in a batman suit wouldn't be enough to save this disastrous league.

Heres a little video that I found funny depicting this circus... Don't watch if you don't have south park humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq8B5LaZCXo&feature=g-upl

GREATNESS ONE
08-12-2012, 04:04 AM
:shrug: thanks?

JNA17
08-12-2012, 04:06 AM
really unfunny video. Although Metta jacking it out in the open almost made me chuckle.

Sssmush
08-12-2012, 04:20 AM
Revenue Sharing, Salary Cap, BLAH BLAH BLAH....Small markets are on the brink of having their fan bases cut in half with the rise in popularity of the "super team." Orlando may not necessarily be a small market, but i can guarantee you their fan base has just been cut, and their following losing seasons won't help much either... The lakers land Dwight Howard after months of him requesting to be traded, and Lebron chizzes his way to a championship earlier this year... The "me" syndrome" is what I'd like to contribute to this growing problem with superstars aligning and screwing fans. What do you all think about this problem and where do you see the future of the NBA and smaller markets. Will there ever be a reduction in teams?.... Mark Madsen in a batman suit wouldn't be enough to save this disastrous league.

Heres a little video that I found funny depicting this circus... Don't watch if you don't have south park humor.

Miami is just as much of a small market as Orlando... and the Los Angeles Clippers are in the same market as the Lakers.

so your theory fails

Dade County
08-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I blame boston :nod:

lol

4 teams have to go man, so lets start with 2.

Aust
08-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I think FO's need to be more competent.
Dwight and Lebron wouldn't have left if their teams hadn't made crappy decisions. Wouldn't be surprised if those decisions revolved around selling tickets>winning

Rndy
08-12-2012, 04:28 AM

lol

I couldn't stand Miami using Boston as their excuse for teaming up. They have the right to go where every they wanted. But don't compare your situation with two guys who played almost 13 seasons and we're in there 30's.

No problem with what Miami did but I couldn't help but be really annoyed when they acted like it was the same situation.

ThunderousDemon
08-12-2012, 04:29 AM

Stop trying to promote your lame videos.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 04:30 AM
iblame stern lowering the salary cap just made it harder for small market teams to spend espeacially with the harsher luxury taxes only large market team would be able to afford it like okc they can't keep hared an ibaka but if the salary cap was highier they could the nba taught they fixed the problem but all they did was f it up worse they should have raised the salary cap and just lowered players contracts say a max would be like 17 mill thats it this new system makes no fkn sense nly the super spenders can have super teams while everybody else sucks **** you david stern

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 04:35 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6m1j5P4UG1r5qbjy.jpg

Chavacano
08-12-2012, 04:37 AM
:confused:

Laker Legend42
08-12-2012, 05:14 AM
I for one don't like the way these teams are put together. For me it takes a little bit of shine off of the championship. However, small market teams have to take some of the blame as well. Most are unwilling to spend and others (like Orlando) spend it to overpay mediocre players (j rich and jameer Nelson) or take on horrible contracts ( vc and hedo) please don't let me forget glen Davis . This offseason and the last Orlando has done nothing to improve. We all know the nets deal was the beat deal but they have a no nonsense owner. Either we deal or I'm on to the next one. He was the same way with the melo situation. Orlando gives small markets a bad name not the lakers and other contenders.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Moooo

Aust
08-12-2012, 05:34 AM
I couldn't stand Miami using Boston as their excuse for teaming up. They have the right to go where every they wanted. But don't compare your situation with two guys who played almost 13 seasons and we're in there 30's.

No problem with what Miami did but I couldn't help but be really annoyed when they acted like it was the same situation.

I for one don't like the way these teams are put together. For me it takes a little bit of shine off of the championship. However, small market teams have to take some of the blame as well. Most are unwilling to spend and others (like Orlando) spend it to overpay mediocre players (j rich and jameer Nelson) or take on horrible contracts ( vc and hedo) please don't let me forget glen Davis . This offseason and the last Orlando has done nothing to improve. Either we deal or I'm on to the next one. He was the same way with the melo situation. Orlando gives small markets a bad name not the lakers and other contenders.

Well said.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 05:36 AM
baaaaaaahhh

Toxeryll
08-12-2012, 05:53 AM

lol

why?

asandhu23
08-12-2012, 05:59 AM
lol at ron artest but wtf was that?

king4day
08-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Closing thread. OP simply promoting his/her youtube site.