PDA

View Full Version : Worst Contract?

Aust
08-12-2012, 02:44 AM
At the request of others, Amare or Joe Johnson?

Blue_Ninja
08-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Joe Johnson by a mile

Vinny642
08-12-2012, 02:45 AM
You should post the contract, so I dont have to look for it

Aust
08-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Sorry, a spur of the moment type of thread thanks to 2 bickering Net and Knick fans

I expect it to get locked soon anyway

Vinny642
08-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Its funny the mods would close this but not dare touch the Laker threads..... lol

bholly
08-12-2012, 02:57 AM
It would be much easier if they were the same length. With the new cap and tax rules and JJ having an extra year, I think his probably has to be considered the worst right now, even if he performs better and is much less likely to miss time. If you're looking from an owner's pov, the fact that Stoudemire's is uninsured can't help.

Both are crippling and pretty much unmoveable, though, I don't think it really matters which is worse.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 02:59 AM
dam homie thanks for making yourself look stupid:D

Gritz
08-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Who actually requested this?

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Who actually requested this?

jaystar-8:hide:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 03:05 AM
why is neither not an option..

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:08 AM
I didn't request it. He suggested it and I told him to do it.

LakersIn5
08-12-2012, 03:08 AM
lol at how amare is so underated nowadays just because off a down year. and even with that bad year he was still able to post nice numbers.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 03:09 AM
IMO, Amare is by far the worst contract just because I don't believe he really is a fit next to Melo from what we've seen thus far.

Don't mistaken this for me saying that JJ is vastly overpaid, because he definitely is.

But if you were to ask me right now which player I'd rather have, my answer is easily JJ.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:10 AM
why is neither not an option..

Exactly. I'm not voting.

He said JJ is the worst contract in the league and I replied with Amare says hi.

This question is asked in terrible context.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:11 AM
jaystar-8:hide:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

you're a clown.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:16 AM
you're a clown.

son you a herb you was talking mad shyt saying how joe johnson's so great and amare sucks and you said amare has a worst contract man up !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Losoway
08-12-2012, 03:17 AM
just finished watching this hakeem workout video..amare is looking really good this off season

with that being said i feel they both earned and play to the level that was expected
Joe johnson gave the hawks great years . hawks didnt care about winning a championship they just wanted to make playoffs and sell tickets

amare previous to melo was balling out of his mind and was considered a mvp candidate

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:18 AM
lol at how amare is so underated nowadays just because off a down year. and even with that bad year he was still able to post nice numbers.

thanks bro some people just don't get it
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:19 AM
son you a herb you was talking mad shyt saying how joe johnson's so great and amare sucks and you said amare has a worst contract man up !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Oh werd? Where exactly?

Keep making stuff up. It just makes you look like an idiot.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:19 AM
just finished watching this hakeem workout video..amare is looking really good this off season

with that being said i feel they both earned and play to the level that was expected
Joe johnson gave the hawks great years . hawks didnt care about winning a championship they just wanted to make playoffs and sell tickets

amare previous to melo was balling out of his mind and was considered a mvp candidate

this is true.

Blazers#1Fan
08-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Gerald Wallace is my pick he went down hill on my Blazers thanks nets we got are PGOTF but he's worse on the Nets and he gets hurt easy cuz how he plays and Nic Batum & Jeff Green are both pretty overpaid

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:22 AM

im sorry joe johnson starting sucking as soon as he got that huge contract he doesn't care about playing good no more he's set for life and i live in brooklyn i'm actually a nets fan too i'm not trolling i think brook lopez is going to have a break out year but i still think jj is very overrated and it was a bad move for the nets i'm just being real hate it or love it idgaf

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Oh werd? Where exactly?

Keep making stuff up. It just makes you look like an idiot.

come on son all i want to hear you say was you were wrong and we can move on its all good just man up i'm probaly one of the biggest knicks homers on here and i admit when i'm wrong:D

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Gerald Wallace is my pick he went down hill on my Blazers thanks nets we got are PGOTF but he's worse on the Nets and he gets hurt easy cuz how he plays and Nic Batum & Jeff Green are both pretty overpaid

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
thats another one to add to the list great job billy i was pissed when they gave up the draft pick for that clown when we could have had harrison barnes

Losoway
08-12-2012, 03:27 AM
im sorry joe johnson starting sucking as soon as he got that huge contract he doesn't care about playing good no more he's set for life and i live in brooklyn i'm actually a nets fan too i'm not trolling i think brook lopez is going to have a break out year but i still think jj is very overrated and it was a bad move for the nets i'm just being real hate it or love it idgaf

You can tell joe johnson cares. his attitude is way different now that he is with the nets then with the hawks

the hawks do not care about championships . some teams just want to make the playoffs and sell tickets

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:28 AM
come on son all i want to hear you say was you were wrong and we can move on its all good just man up i'm probaly one of the biggest knicks homers on here and i admit when i'm wrong:D

Do i really need to say it again for you?

I prefer JJ on his contract for the Nets and I think JJ is a top 5 SG.

Wasn't that what we were discussing?

If anything, you are admitting that JJ is a top 5 SG.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:33 AM
You can tell joe johnson cares. his attitude is way different now that he is with the nets then with the hawks

the hawks do not care about championships . some teams just want to make the playoffs and sell tickets

if the nets cared about winning a championship and not just selling tickets they wouldn't have traded for jj:facepalm: they are just doing the same thing the hawks were doing if anything ther probaly going at just selling tickets harder cuz of the new arena whats your point:facepalm:

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Do i really need to say it again for you?

I prefer JJ on his contract for the Nets and I think JJ is a top 5 SG.

Wasn't that what we were discussing?

If anything, you are admitting that JJ is a top 5 SG.

:facepalm: how am i admiting he's top 5 when i made you a list of atleast 6 players at his position talent wise that are better and then you bring his contract into consideration that drops his value even more he's not even top 10 at his position:speechless:

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 03:39 AM
:laugh2: at JJ not even being top 10 at his position due to contract.

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've read today. lol.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Do people forget how JJ played with a dominant PG? Deron is going to bring the best out of JJ and gives the Nets a legitimate scoring option with Deron on the perimeter.

If we are taking just purely contract without considering the player honestly Amare's contract is better just on the basis his ends on year sooner than JJ.

But if we apply which player I'd have give me JJ regardless of contract because they are both similarly atrocious.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Even with that said, JJ is still a top 5 SG in the league.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:45 AM
:facepalm: how am i admiting he's top 5 when i made you a list of atleast 6 players at his position talent wise that are better and then you bring his contract into consideration that drops his value even more he's not even top 10 at his position:speechless:

You read it wrong. I said if anyone is admitting anything, it will be you admitting JJ is top 5.

Once again, his contract doesn't matter to the Nets. Based on his talent, ability, and production he is top 5.

Kobe makes like 28 mil and Harden makes like 6 mil. Even tho Kobe makes a ton of money, it doesn't matter to the Lakers. They are way over the cap anyway.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:47 AM
would anybody in here take jj over ellis

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:49 AM

yes easily.

this won't even be a debate after JJ plays a season with Dwill.

Why did the Warriors trade Ellis away? Did he not get along with Curry? (serious question).

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:51 AM
You read it wrong. I said if anyone is admitting anything, it will be you admitting JJ is top 5.

Once again, his contract doesn't matter to the Nets. Based on his talent, ability, and production he is top 5.

Kobe makes like 28 mil and Harden makes like 6 mil. Even tho Kobe makes a ton of money, it doesn't matter to the Lakers. They are way over the cap anyway.

you sound like an idiot ofcourse his contract matters thats like me saying amare's contract doesn't matter if he wasn't so overpaid i'd rank him better but if jj sucks in two years it stops the nets from building around deron like i said before if you guys didn't trade for jj you could have got j smith or harden now you can't so yes his contract is going to bite the nets in ther butt soon

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 03:53 AM
:facepalm:

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 03:54 AM
yes easily.

Why did the Warriors trade Ellis away? Did he not get along with Curry? (serious question).

two different players dwill pass first pg curry shoot first pg and the warriors only traded him away to get a center

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 03:58 AM
you sound like an idiot ofcourse his contract matters thats like me saying amare's contract doesn't matter if he wasn't so overpaid i'd rank him better but if jj sucks in two years it stops the nets from building around deron like i said before if you guys didn't trade for jj you could have got j smith or harden now you can't so yes his contract is going to bite the nets in ther butt soon

We can still get Josh Smith or if not him, then other solid pieces. It's called trades.

Look at the Lakers. They are always way over the cap, yet they find ways to improve their team.

It's funny how you backed off from saying JJ sucks to saying JJ's contract sucks.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 04:06 AM
We can still get Josh Smith or if not him, then other solid pieces. It's called trades.

Look at the Lakers. They are always way over the cap, yet they find ways to improve their team.

It's funny how you backed off from saying JJ sucks to saying JJ's contract sucks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

toovey107
08-12-2012, 04:07 AM
yes easily.

Considering contracts? No way. That's how awful JJ's contract is. This coming from someone who is not an Ellis fan at all.

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 04:23 AM
i never said jj was the worst player in the league lmao maybe i did but what i mean is he's not the player he use to be yes a couple years ago he was top 5 sg maybe even top 3 but like i said before as soon as he signed his contract dude fell off he's not horrible but you guys could have just signed oj mayo or jamal crawford and got the same production for like 50 mill cheaper lmao

Laker Legend42
08-12-2012, 05:30 AM
You should post the contract, so I dont have to look for it

You're kinda all over the map with the teams you root for:D

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 10:02 AM

gerald wallace isn't even an option in this discussion.. :eyebrow:

:laugh2: at JJ not even being top 10 at his position due to contract.

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've read today. lol.

well hey, the day was only 3 hours and 38 minutes young at that time :)

without question. you're a straight up moron if you don't.

i never said jj was the worst player in the league lmao maybe i did but what i mean is he's not the player he use to be yes a couple years ago he was top 5 sg maybe even top 3 but like i said before as soon as he signed his contract dude fell off he's not horrible but you guys could have just signed oj mayo or jamal crawford and got the same production for like 50 mill cheaper lmao

no one is the same player they were a couple of years ago..

and can you use commas and periods? it's a lot easier to read, and people might actually take you a little more seriously (keywords are a little). i feel like i'm reading something a 6 year old would type, and i don't even think 6 year olds can type..

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Amare is done he looked terrible this year atleast JJ was still an all star, could still shoot, pass, play defense. I dont know what Amare does well anymore.

JNA17
08-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Joe Johnson by a mile. Followed by Brook Lopez...and the Nets have both. :laugh:

justinnum1
08-12-2012, 10:27 AM
pretty tough question.

allSUAVE
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Joe Johnson by a mile. Followed by Brook Lopez...and the Nets have both. :laugh:

This!!! :facepalm:

allSUAVE
08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I would take a motivated Jr smith over JJ truefully to be honest

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM

i would never take brook lopez.

uh no.

Byronicle
08-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Amare was actually living up to his contract before Knicks made the Melo trade

JJ has played with the same teammates and underachieved big time

GiantsSwaGG
08-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Brook Lopez & Joe Johnson easily

GiantsSwaGG
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Kashmir13579
08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
If Amar'e goes down injured this season i'll give this title to Amar'e. If not, its JJ by the numbers and he's got that extra year.

Kashmir13579
08-12-2012, 11:03 AM

EDIT: :facepalm:

effen5
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Both have terrible contracts.

AirJordanXVIII
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Joe Friggin Johnson. 25 million in 2015/16!?!

He's already on the decline. 31 years old and on the end of his prime.

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM

EDIT: :facepalm:

:laugh:

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Amare hands down. Garbage at its finest.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Joe Johnson is an all star

Amare is a role player that plays no defense and doesnt even work well with Carmelo.

Amare is the worst contract in the NBA

allSUAVE
08-12-2012, 11:22 AM
^^^^ y'all thought my comment was crazy check this guy DoMeFavors out lmaooooo

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Joe Johnson is an all star

Amare is a role player that plays no defense and doesnt even work well with Carmelo.

Amare is the worst contract in the NBA

um, what? :eyebrow:

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 11:35 AM
LMAO the only reason Knicks havent traded Amare is because they are afriad to trade the only star that signed with the team, and dont want to upset Melo. This is why they are the worst franchise in the NBA. You are paying Amare 20 million to not even be able to use his talents and the more years you waste the more he begins to suck.

Amare is a role player at this point. Same with Tyson Chandler. The only star on that team is Carmelo. Which is why they will never win a chip.

Jarvo
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Allan Houston >

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 11:47 AM
LMAO the only reason Knicks havent traded Amare is because they are afriad to trade the only star that signed with the team, and dont want to upset Melo. This is why they are the worst franchise in the NBA. You are paying Amare 20 million to not even be able to use his talents and the more years you waste the more he begins to suck.

Amare is a role player at this point. Same with Tyson Chandler. The only star on that team is Carmelo. Which is why they will never win a chip.

tyson chandler is a role player? how are they role players when they start? you're a troll. plain and simple.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 11:50 AM
tyson chandler is a role player? how are they role players when they start? you're a troll. plain and simple.

because they are role players, how is that so hard to understand?

They arent stars they are role players. Just like Chalmers, and Battier are role players.

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 11:56 AM
because they are role players, how is that so hard to understand?

They arent stars they are role players. Just like Chalmers, and Battier are role players.

no that's not an answer. tell me WHY they are role players. "because they are" is not a valid answer. until you tell me a good enough reason, you're wrong.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 12:31 PM

role players don't win DPOY awards.

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
^thank you

lkingratedr
08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Amares contract isn't bad for a player than can give u 20 and ten every night .... However Joe Johnson is over paid because he shoots a lot and makes some to get his 20 and was the focus in atl on the nets u will see his contract was worst because deron makes less and will play way better

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah Tyson Chandler is more than just a role player. He is a great player, he is efficient and his defensive efficiency is outstanding. He is a star for sure, maybe not a superstar, but definitely a star. Amare is a role player, barely, I believe his production can be replicated by a numerous number of other players with better efficiency on both sides of the floor. Remember Amare is 72nd in the league in PER and that is skewed because he commands so many possessions along side of the other ball hog Carmelo. Amare's 12.1 turnover ratio is atrocious and for all that size he has one of the worst offensive rebound rates in the league (7.9). He used to be able to out-athlete players, he can not do that anymore making him more of a liability than an asset.

Losoway
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: amare and tyson chandler role players? Blasphemy

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
role players don't win DPOY awards.

2nd team all defense, a bust

Dwight wasnt playing

Tony Allen is a good defensive player and he is a role player.

Losoway
08-12-2012, 12:59 PM
amare was consider a mvp before melo showed up.

the knicks havent had 1 training camp together . give it time

amare and melo will look good together this year

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 01:02 PM

LOL no....by who? Knicks fans?

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 01:03 PM
2nd team all defense, a bust

Dwight wasnt playing

Tony Allen is a good defensive player and he is a role player.

Do you not see the impact Chandler has on the Knicks?

I'm not sure exactly how much (Knicks fans could tell you), but I know the Knicks went from being an awful defensive team to being a very highly ranked defensive team with Chandler's arrival.

Let me ask you this, do you think Gerald Wallace is merely a role player?

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 01:06 PM

That's what it really comes down to for you guys.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 01:07 PM

yeah, MVP is a bit of a stretch but he was playing at a very high level.

Fnom11
Amare, at the time was actually WORTH his contract. He was a superstar in the league. JJ was never considered worthy of a max contract imo.

xxplayerxx23

:facepalm: the league. 26 and 9.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
There are role players making 12 million a year, IMO neither is the right answer. Both still have game left and both IMO will have bounce back years. They are overpaied but who isnt overpaied besides Durant and Lebron? Also Amare put up 17 and 8 last year, thats a pretty damn good role player wouldn't you say Dome favors?

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:11 PM
yeah, MVP is a bit of a stretch but he was playing at a very high level.

Hey haven't seen you on here in a while :). But Amare was a top 3 candiate for MVP that half a season. 26 and 9 was going off on everyone, also had 1.5 or 2 BPG at that point.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Until Amare shows me a second year of lingering injury issues and dropping production, it's easily Joe Johnson. The Hawks panicked and gave a borderling all star franchise player money, the same guy who shrinks everytime the playoffs start.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Do you not see the impact Chandler has on the Knicks?

I'm not sure exactly how much (Knicks fans could tell you), but I know the Knicks went from being an awful defensive team to being a very highly ranked defensive team with Chandler's arrival.

Let me ask you this, do you think Gerald Wallace is merely a role player?

and how many more wins did the Knicks get?
Yes Gerald Wallace is a role player what do you think he is? Same with Humphries.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=johnsjo02&y1=2012&p2=stoudam01&y2=2012

Even though Amare didn't have quite as good of a regular season as JJ, yet again Johnson shrinks in the playoffs, Amare plays about the same.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=johnsjo02&y1=2012&p2=stoudam01&y2=2012

xxplayerxx23
^ Thats the point you overpaied two role players and Lopez. Amare is worth more then those 3 even with his contract.

JayStar-8
Hey haven't seen you on here in a while :). But Amare was a top 3 candiate for MVP that half a season. 26 and 9 was going off on everyone, also had 1.5 or 2 BPG at that point.

yeah, its been a while.

then tell me what went wrong?

Why did Amare (the top 3 MVP candidate), suddenly drop off when Melo came to town? Has it been injuries? Does his game just no mesh with Melo? Is it both?

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:16 PM

He was playing good but def not an MVP, an MVP usually has one of the best records in the league.. Knicks were floating around .500
Also who cares about the past the thing is Amare is awful right now.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 01:16 PM
The Knicks went from 22nd in defense to 5th in defense after the Chandler signing btw.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
yeah, its been a while.

then tell me what went wrong?

Why did Amare (the top 3 MVP candidate), suddenly drop off when Melo came to town? Has it been injuries? Does his game just no mesh with Melo? Is it both?

Hope to see you in the giants forum. Well its been a mixture of both. Last year it was the coach making Melo run Point foward that had a negative effect. The Lockout and him coming in with too much muscle thinking he was going to play center, got down in weight and stated playing well. Then is brother had a tragic accident, Amare had some back problems. I know its no excuse but he had a lot going on. I hopeMelo and Amare can mesh a little better and I expect big things from them.

allSUAVE
08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Joe Johnson is more of a role player than Amare.

Joe Johnson wasn't even the 2nd best player on the hawks.

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 01:20 PM
:facepalm: the league. 26 and 9.

Ok First you're numbers are off Amare has only ONCE averaged 26 points in his career, ONCE and that was in Phoenix in 2004. His averages are 21.6ppg and 8.3 rpg.

And see that's the problem, you see those numbers and don't realize what surrounds them. The league did not consider him an MVP. As I have already pointed out his efficiency was terrible, his ability to grab offensive rebounds was terrible, his turnover ration was terrible.

For a guy his size, with his athleticism he should be able to to defend the position much better. Amare couldn't guard his shadow. To be MOST VALUABLE PLAYER you need to be valuable at BOTH ends of the floor. Not only is he not valuable on defense he is a liability. Factor in his turnover ratio and his numbers take a sour light. Those numbers can be duplicated by many players in the league, especially if they had the size that Amare has. Let's not talk about the work ethic he displays on the court on many occasions and his lack of leadership in the locker. Let's not talk about how abysmal he is in the playoffs...gack...terrible.

MVP, no. MOP (most overrated player) abso-freakin-lutely!!

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:21 PM
He was playing good but def not an MVP, an MVP usually has one of the best records in the league.. Knicks were floating around .500
Also who cares about the past the thing is Amare is awful right now.

He had no number 2 option. He was 6 games over .500 and a top 6 seed, he was a Mvp Cadiate. Um Look up Awful in the dicationary missy. Im sorry but 17 and 8 is not awful. He isnt the same but is still a top 25 player in the NBA.

DoMeFavors
^ Thats the point you overpaied two role players and Lopez. Amare is worth more then those 3 even with his contract.

At the time in 2010 he was but not even close now, I would take Humphries over Amare. At 12 million a yr a better rebounder and younger player over Amare at 20 million who has more years left and a lot more money. Chandler is so overpaid are you kidding me? over 10 million for a defender and a guy who stands up and claps everytime a bucket is scored. Guy thinks he is good but in reality everyone laughs at that bust.

JayStar-8
and how many more wins did the Knicks get?
Yes Gerald Wallace is a role player what do you think he is? Same with Humphries.

I don't think Gerald Wallace is a role player. If he shows significant signs of declining, then yes, but until then he is a solid starter in the NBA. Same with Amare, he might not be playing at the same star level anymore but he is still a high level starter in the NBA. That's not what a role player is.

On the other hand, Hump is a role player. The Nets needed rebounding and toughness in the paint to compliment Brook. That's exactly what Hump brings, plus a ton of energy. He fills the exact role the Nets need him to fill.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Ok First you're numbers are off Amare has only ONCE averaged 26 points in his career, ONCE and that was in Phoenix in 2004. His averages are 21.6ppg and 8.3 rpg.

And see that's the problem, you see those numbers and don't realize what surrounds them. The league did not consider him an MVP. As I have already pointed out his efficiency was terrible, his ability to grab offensive rebounds was terrible, his turnover ration was terrible.

For a guy his size, with his athleticism he should be able to to defend the position much better. Amare couldn't guard his shadow. To be MOST VALUABLE PLAYER you need to be valuable at BOTH ends of the floor. Not only is he not valuable on defense he is a liability. Factor in his turnover ratio and his numbers take a sour light. Those numbers can be duplicated by many players in the league, especially if they had the size that Amare has. Let's not talk about the work ethic he displays on the court on many occasions and his lack of leadership in the locker.

MVP, no. MOP (most overrated player) abso-freakin-lutely!!

Not going to sit here and pretend I read your post. But my numbers arent off. He was average 26 and 9 with 2 BPG before the Melo trade. He droped big time after that but still e was playing amazing and for you to sit here and say he wasn't in the discussion is plain stupid.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
He had no number 2 option. He was 6 games over .500 and a top 6 seed, he was a Mvp Cadiate. Um Look up Awful in the dicationary missy. Im sorry but 17 and 8 is not awful. He isnt the same but is still a top 25 player in the NBA.

Sure top 25 power foward maybe. Nobody would agree he is top 25 in the league NOBODY.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
At the time in 2010 he was but not even close now, I would take Humphries over Amare. At 12 million a yr a better rebounder and younger player over Amare at 20 million who has more years left and a lot more money. Chandler is so overpaid are you kidding me? over 10 million for a defender and a guy who stands up and claps everytime a bucket is scored. Guy thinks he is good but in reality everyone laughs at that bust.

1. You are a fool, Humphries is ovepaied and is nowhere near Amare.
2. Chandler overpaied? are you confusing him with Lopez? Or the laughs you are thinking about is when people laugh at your posts nonstop?
3. Lopez and Humpries for Chandler is a trade your GM would make 100 percent.

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Not going to sit here and pretend I read your post. But my numbers arent off. He was average 26 and 9 with 2 BPG before the Melo trade. He droped big time after that but still e was playing amazing and for you to sit here and say he wasn't in the discussion is plain stupid.

LOL OK so was it Steve Nash's fault he never averaged that any other time in his career. He has only ONCE averaged 2 blocks a game and again that was in 2007. Almost in 1 year, though, ha ha. His career average is 1.4.

You fail to address his lack of efficiency. Remember metrics tell a better story than empty numbers. The guy should be much better than he is given his skill set. He is definitely not worth his contract, he wasn't when he received it. it was given to him to entice other players to New York. Remember, Amare was not their first choice when they got him.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Sure top 25 power foward maybe. Nobody would agree he is top 25 in the league NOBODY.

I might of strecthed with top 25, I believe he will make a case this year at top 25. Amare is a top ten PF, Id love for you to name 10 better.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Hope to see you in the giants forum. Well its been a mixture of both. Last year it was the coach making Melo run Point foward that had a negative effect. The Lockout and him coming in with too much muscle thinking he was going to play center, got down in weight and stated playing well. Then is brother had a tragic accident, Amare had some back problems. I know its no excuse but he had a lot going on. I hopeMelo and Amare can mesh a little better and I expect big things from them.

yeah, definitely. Go Giants :)

And yeah, how far the Knicks go this season will depend on how Melo and Amare mesh. That could be the difference between the 2 seed and the 5 seed.

Also, is it annoying you how people suddenly think the Sixers are this great team?

They lost Iggy, Brand, and Lou Williams. Its not like they added Bynum to their core without losing anyone. Bynum is good but to see some people having the Sixers as a top 3 team in the east is really surprising.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
LOL OK so was it Steve Nash's fault he never averaged that any other time in his career. He has only ONCE averaged 2 blocks a game and again that was in 2007. Almost in 1 year, though, ha ha. His career average is 1.4.

You fail to address his lack of efficiency. Remember metrics tell a better story than empty numbers. The guy should be much better than he is given his skill set. He is definitely not worth his contract, he wasn't when he received it. it was given to him to entice other players to New York. Remember, Amare was not their first choice when they got him.

1.Steve nash has to do with what? Go back and look at his first half stats of his first year in NY.
2.Last year h wasnt efficent but his first year in NY he was.
3. Remeber that amare came to NY so it doesn't ****en matter if he was our first choice. Everybody wanted Lebron.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
2. Chandler overpaied? are you confusing him with Lopez? Or the laughs you are thinking about is when people laugh at your posts nonstop?

Never

Maybe Najera and another 13th man for Chandler like back in 2010

Nobody would touch Chandler at that contract thats why Dallas didnt resign him and only Golden State was the other team intrested in Chandler.

Anything else?

Stop trying to defend your players, they flat out suck and nobody wants them lol. Maybe Melo but thats about it.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
yeah, definitely. Go Giants :)

And yeah, how far the Knicks go this season will depend on how Melo and Amare mesh. That could be the difference between the 2 seed and the 5 seed.

Also, is it annoying you how people suddenly think the Sixers are this great team?

They lost Iggy, Brand, and Lou Williams. Its not like they added Bynum to their core without losing anyone. Bynum is good but to see some people having the Sixers as a top 3 team in the east is really surprising.

I agree. if Melo and Amare mesh they will be a top team if not a middle of the pack team. Well Philly believes Turner is going to improve. I believe turner and Jrue will improve and add Bynum to the mix. Nick young can fit in the Lou role(chucker). I think any one of the top 4 in the Divison can win it. I also have the raps as my 8 seed.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Never

Nobody would touch Chandler at that contract thats why Dallas didnt resign him and only Golden State was the other team intrested in Chandler.

Anything else?

Stop trying to defend your players, they flat out suck and nobody wants them lol. Maybe Melo but thats about it.

:laugh: Chandler>>>>Lopez :laugh: Enjoy Wallace for 4 years 40 and Lopez at the max :laugh:

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I might of strecthed with top 25, I believe he will make a case this year at top 25. Amare is a top ten PF, Id love for you to name 10 better.

Gasol
Dirk
Pau
Zbo
Aldridge
Bosh
Love
Griffin
Josh Smith
Ibaka
Humphries
Ryan Anderson
Millsap
Kevin Garnett

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Gasol
Dirk
Pau
Zbo
Aldridge
Bosh
Love
Griffin
Josh Smith
Ibaka
Humphries
Ryan Anderson
Millsap
Kevin Garnett

1. Garnett would be top 4 if he was considered a PF but hes a C now and Bolded=no. :laugh: at humphres and Anderson.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Lopez is overpaid but the Nets had no choice. He was offered 2 max contracts from other teams so they had to match. He has too much upside at 23 to just let him walk.

As for that trade, I don't think I do that. While Chandler is a defensive beast, Lopez is a lot younger and I would like to see what he can develop into. I would not include Lopez in the package. I would do Humphries for Chandler in a heartbeat tho ;)

packfan1
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Joe Johnson

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302392]

:laugh: Chandler>>>>Lopez :laugh: Enjoy Wallace for 4 years 40 and Lopez at the max :laugh:

This guy is the guy who couldnt even start on the bobcats, nobody wants this guy in 10 years he has played for 5 different teams. The man is a journey man! Do you see Brook in 5 years on more than 1 team?

New Orleans Hornets in exchange for J.R. Smith and P.J. Brown

Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for Emeka Okafor

Almost traded to Thunder

Dallas Mavericks, along with Alexis Ajinça, in exchange for Matt Carroll, Erick Dampier and Eduardo Nájera

Wasnt resigned by Mavericks

Guy is loved by teams right? :confused:

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Lopez is overpaid but the Nets had no choice. He was offered 2 max contracts from other teams so they had to match. He has too much upside at 23 to just let him walk.

As for that trade, I don't think I do that. While Chandler is a defensive beast, Lopez is a lot younger and I would like to see what he can develop into. I would not include Lopez in the package. I would do Humphries for Chandler in a heartbeat tho ;)

My point is Chandler is not overpaied. Yes he is older and I understandwhy lopez has more value later on in the career. But chandler is the better Center at this point.

JayStar-8
08-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Never

Anything else?

You do realize that the Nets were interested in Chandler when he became a FA? I don't like the Knicks but these are facts.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302414]

This guy is the guy who couldnt even start on the bobcats, nobody wants this guy in 10 years he has played for 5 different teams. The man is a journey man! Do you see Brook in 5 years on more than 1 team?

Almost traded to Thunder

Dallas Mavericks, along with Alexis Ajinça, in exchange for Matt Carroll, Erick Dampier and Eduardo Nájera

:laugh: Chandler is atop 5-6 Center in the game.

Cal827
08-12-2012, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302414]

Almost traded to Thunder & Raptors

Fixed.

But to add....since he now has a DPOY, he'll be loved by teams lol

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302442]
:laugh: Chandler is atop 5-6 Center in the game.

Chandler is a top 5-6 bust center of all time if thats what you mean. The guy is a flat out bum.

A top 5-6 center that has been on 5 teams in 10 years. Nobody wants the guy he cant play the game of basketball.

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 01:44 PM
1.Steve nash has to do with what? Go back and look at his first half stats of his first year in NY.
2.Last year h wasnt efficent but his first year in NY he was.
3. Remeber that amare came to NY so it doesn't ****en matter if he was our first choice. Everybody wanted Lebron.

My point about Nash was I don't think you can substantiate a lack of efficiency with the arrival of another star.

The problem is we have differing philosophies about judging an NBA player. His numbers have always been decent on the surface and of course his numbers would fall when Carmelo Anthony was acquired. This mainly has to do with Carmelo being a volume scorer requiring the ball more than most players.

My argument deals with Amare's efficiency, or lack thereof, and how that effects the team as a whole. You have to look at all the metrics to determine a players value. This is the same reason Daryl Morey of the rockets acquired Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. If you look at their number face value then you would believe they're overpaid. But if you extrapolate the numbers, analyze the metrics, and add in the value to the team as a whole they would seem to be paid appropriately.

The opposite can be said of Amare. His metrics just aren't that good when assessing his fit into the team. His efficiency has never been great but he was at least a solid fit into the Phoenix system and with Steve Nash. In New York he does not fit well at all and the things he did do well seem to be in a decline.

knicksfan42
08-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I think Amare is pretty damn bad, but Johnson's contract is the one contract worse than his.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302464]

Chandler is a top 5-6 bust center of all time if thats what you mean. The guy is a flat out bum.

A top 5-6 center that has been on 5 teams in 10 years. Nobody wants the guy he cant play the game of basketball.

Go ahead embarss yourself some more, Show me 6 Centers better then Chandler.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302392]

You do realize that the Nets were interested in Chandler when he became a FA? I don't like the Knicks but these are facts.

What does liking the Knicks have to do with anything? I am just saying straight facts the guy sucks at basketball.

Were the Nets? I never saw an offer on the table with Chandler. And even if the Nets were intrested does that make him good? No!

knicksfan42
08-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Gasol
Dirk
Pau
Zbo
Aldridge
Bosh
Love
Griffin
Josh Smith
Ibaka
Humphries
Ryan Anderson
Millsap
Kevin Garnett

Humphries and Anderson aren't better. Other than that its about right.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:48 PM
My point about Nash was I don't think you can substantiate a lack of efficiency with the arrival of another star.

The problem is we have differing philosophies about judging an NBA player. His numbers have always been decent on the surface and of course his numbers would fall when Carmelo Anthony was acquired. This mainly has to do with Carmelo being a volume scorer requiring the ball more than most players.

My argument deals with Amare's efficiency, or lack thereof, and how that effects the team as a whole. You have to look at all the metrics to determine a players value. This is the same reason Daryl Morey of the rockets acquired Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. If you look at their number face value then you would believe they're overpaid. But if you extrapolate the numbers, analyze the metrics, and add in the value to the team as a whole they would seem to be paid appropriately.

The opposite can be said of Amare. His metrics just aren't that good when assessing his fit into the team. His efficiency has never been great but he was at least a solid fit into the Phoenix system and with Steve Nash. In New York he does not fit well at all and the things he did do well seem to be in a decline.

One year with low efficentcy and he sucks? Melo and Amare don't mesh well both need the ball, but hopefully they run some more pick and rolls. You still trying to say amare wasn't efficent his first year in NY?

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Humphries and Anderson aren't better. Other than that its about right.

Meh on Smith, Milsap no and IbakaNot yet.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302476]

Go ahead embarss yourself some more, Show me 6 Centers better then Chandler.

Dwight
Bynum
Lopez
KG
Horford
Marc Gasol
Noah
Bogut
Hibbert
Bargniani
Pekovic
Duncan
Nene

Anything else?

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302491]

Dwight
Bynum
Lopez
KG
Horford
Marc Gasol
Noah
Bogut
Hibbert
Bargniani
Pekovic
Duncan
Nene

Anything else?

Yeah your name would be nice?

allSUAVE
08-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Brook Lopez :laugh:

This guy is a Joke!! I love it

MrfadeawayJB
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I used to say jj but if Amare continue to goes downhill and jj can still put up 19 ppg, its going to be amare

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302531]

Yeah your name would be nice?

Why is Chandler better because he is a better defender? Well all those guys are better offensive players, actually developed a post game unlike Tyson *let me fire up the crowd even though I suck* Chandler.

lopez way better offensive game then Chandler ever had, often kills Chandler head to head and wasnt on 5 teams in 10 years.
noah plays defense, better rebounder, shot blocker, and offensive player
bogut better defender than Chandler and has a post game and offensive game, can carry a team like the Bucks in 2010..something Chandler cant do.
hibbert good defender better offensive player
barniani great shooter something Chandler cant do outside of 2 feet
pekovic much better offensive player
nene like the same kind of player Chandler is except has a jump shot and offensive game.

allSUAVE
08-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Only center better than chandler is

Dwight
Bynum
Marc gasol
Bogot
Noah

Chandler> hibbert ,every center in the league > Lopez

knicksfan42
08-12-2012, 01:58 PM
One year with low efficentcy and he sucks? Melo and Amare don't mesh well both need the ball, but hopefully they run some more pick and rolls. You still trying to say amare wasn't efficent his first year in NY?

The guy is a complete moron, literally all of his posts are trash, he's notches below Domefavors. "Amare's efficiency has never been great" lol. Amare was one of the most efficient players in the NBA pretty much every year until this year. He has a career TS% of 596%, that isn't great its excellent, a HOF historic career TS%. In fact Amare is the most efficient power forward of this generation. The only players in the NBA who are more efficient than Amare career wise are Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, Nene, and Dwight Howard. For players who average 20+ Points, Amare is the most efficient player in the NBA for his career.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Only center better than chandler is

Dwight
Bynum
Marc gasol
Bogot
Noah

Chandler> hibbert ,every center in the league > Lopez

Chandler probably knows all the offensive games of all the players in the NBA since he has basically played on every team in the league. :rolleyes:

knicksfan42
08-12-2012, 02:00 PM
every center in the league > Lopez

Not every, definitely most. Its tough out there for a SG playing center.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302545]

Why is Chandler better because he is a better defender? Well all those guys are better offensive players, actually developed a post game unlike Tyson *let me fire up the crowd even though I suck* Chandler.

lopez way better offensive game then Chandler ever had, often kills Chandler head to head and wasnt on 5 teams in 10 years.
noah plays defense, better rebounder, shot blocker, and offensive player
bogut better defender than Chandler and has a post game and offensive game, can carry a team like the Bucks in 2010..something Chandler cant do.
hibbert good defender better offensive player
barniani great shooter something Chandler cant do outside of 2 feet
pekovic much better offensive player
nene like the same kind of player Chandler is except has a jump shot and offensive game.

Lopez doesnt rebound or play defense. teams are irrelvant, Who cares how many teams hes been on.
Noah: Not a better defender, about even on rebounding, offense both arent great Chandler is more efficent
Bogut: hasnt been able to stay on the court,
Hibbert:Eh, maybe. Not a great rebounder or defender.
Pek:Lets see him do it aain, no where near the defender he is, Chandler is more efficentand a better defender
Nene: Lmao declining horrible rebounder nothing sepical on defense.
Bargniani: a scorer that doesnt rebound or play deense also is moving to PF this year.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302590]

Lopez doesnt rebound or play defense. teams are irrelvant, Who cares how many teams hes been on.
Noah: Not a better defender, about even on rebounding, offense both arent great Chandler is more efficent
Bogut: hasnt been able to stay on the court,
Hibbert:Eh, maybe. Not a great rebounder or defender.
Pek:Lets see him do it aain, no where near the defender he is, Chandler is more efficentand a better defender
Nene: Lmao declining horrible rebounder nothing sepical on defense.
Bargniani: a scorer that doesnt rebound or play deense also is moving to PF this year.

All you talk about is defense so I guess Tony Allen who has no offensive game or Ronnie Brewer are better than Kevin Martin,Monta Ellis, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Lou Williams and basically any offensive sg?
Chandler is a nobody in this league.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302620]

All you talk about is defense so I guess Tony Allen who has no offensive game or Ronnie Brewer are better than Kevin Martin,Monta Ellis, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Lou Williams and basically any offensive sg?
Chandler is a nobody in this league.

Guess you can't read. Hmm Efficecy on offense was said 4+ Times. Please al your posts are laughed apon. Chandler the defensive player of the year is a nobody intresting.

keetyweedy
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Gasol
Dirk
Pau
Zbo
Aldridge
Bosh
Love
Griffin
Josh Smith
Ibaka
Humphries
Ryan Anderson
Millsap
Kevin Garnett

No Duncan?:shrug:

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23302638]

Guess you can't read. Hmm Efficecy on offense was said 4+ Times. Please al your posts are laughed apon. Chandler the defensive player of the year is a nobody intresting.

Worst DPOY all time, not even the coachs saw it lol. The only people who voted him DPOY are the media who arent around the game of basketball like the coachs and most are NY media who are biased Isola, Berger,Berman, Hahn are all Knicks fans who all day tweet about Knicks greatness its funny as hell.

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 02:10 PM
:laugh: done good day Ms.

keetyweedy
08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23302648]

Worst DPOY all time, not even the coachs saw it lol. The only people who voted him DPOY are the media who arent around the game of basketball like the coachs and most are NY media who are biased Isola, Berger,Berman, Hahn are all Knicks fans who all day tweet about Knicks greatness its funny as hell.

Not to mention he didn't even make the first all-defensive team:facepalm:

Like winning MVP but not making the all-star game...doesn't make sense

Cal827
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Mods keeping Bait threads open FTMFW

Also, wasn't Chandler responsible for NY becoming a top 10 defense last year. Look at that team make-up other than Chandler (and the Injured Shumpert). That defense couldn't stop a 96 year old driving on them till Tyson was signed... maybe a lil bit overpayed...

But when you think about it, if NY didn't have Amar'es contract, they would cause some serious problems (assuming they didn't go get boozer instead).

Hopefully Amare can somehow get back to regular Amare.

Anyways, I look forward to more bait threads between Knick/Net fans... Don't worry guys... by the end of the season, the rest of PSD will hate you guys more than Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and JordansBulls :D

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Mods keeping Bait threads open FTMFW

People could just stop feeding the troll...

Also, wasn't Chandler responsible for NY becoming a top 10 defense last year. Look at that team make-up other than Chandler (and the Injured Shumpert). That defense couldn't stop a 96 year old driving on them till Tyson was signed... maybe a lil bit overpayed...

Every center in the NBA that has a pulse is overpaid. The Knicks went from 22nd to 5th in defensive rating after signing Chandler. Rebounding and defense have become far more important then a center who does nothing but score in today's game, hence why Chandler's value outweighs a Lopez for example.

But when you think about it, if NY didn't have Amar'es contract, they would cause some serious problems (assuming they didn't go get boozer instead).

What do you mean?

Hopefully Amare can somehow get back to regular Amare.

I think that is unrealistic, but if he can return to 18-9 on a PER of 19+, that is still going to put him back in the top 8 PF's. Good enough.

Anyways, I look forward to more bait threads between Knick/Net fans... Don't worry guys... by the end of the season, the rest of PSD will hate you guys more than Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and JordansBulls :D

I feel bad for the rational Nets and Knicks fans that will get grouped in with their idiot counterparts.

Cal827
08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
People could just stop feeding the troll...

Every center in the NBA that has a pulse is overpaid. The Knicks went from 22nd to 5th in defensive rating after signing Chandler. Rebounding and defense have become far more important then a center who does nothing but score in today's game, hence why Chandler's value outweighs a Lopez for example.

What do you mean?

I think that is unrealistic, but if he can return to 18-9 on a PER of 19+, that is still going to put him back in the top 8 PF's. Good enough.

I feel bad for the rational Nets and Knicks fans that will get grouped in with their idiot counterparts.

1. Yeah, but this is PSD, and you know that's asking for a lot lol

2. Absolutely agree with you there. I basically call every center not named Dwight or Bynum overpaid though. I'm still baffled a guy like Diop can get to a max of 8 mill on his contract or how Asik is being paid on average 8 mill, just cause they were great for the 15 mins they came off the bench in some of their games.

3. Unfortunately, with Amar'es decline, now the team has a huge cap number on a player who will probably not be the same guy as when they signed him. Just think if they were able to Amnesty him this season. They have some good players defensively and would be able to add some more players, including a PF who is more defensively inclined to keep the main star's (Melo)
defensive deficiencies hidden. Kinda like with Dallas and Dirk when they won the title. They surronded him with good inside and perimeter defenders (Marion, Kidd, Chandler, etc).

4. Again to me it's a damn shame. He's one of my favorite players, and to see him post-melo trade has been so bad compared to what I've seen him do in Phoenix.

5. Unfortunately, it's like that for everyone. Look at everybody who called ALL the Heat fans bandwagoners... and as a mod, you can't tell me that dealing with some of these Laker fans over Dwight Howard has been easy lol

29$JerZ
08-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Lopez isn't even a top ten Center
I dont know why you guys continue to debate someone like that

Rocketsfan85
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Amare is done he looked terrible this year atleast JJ was still an all star, could still shoot, pass, play defense. I dont know what Amare does well anymore.

We al knew this was coming from this ****ing TROLL

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM

OK so we are clear, it is "efficiency" not efficent. Amare was an effective scorer, but other parts of his game were lacking. He had a good first year in New York but to say his overall efficiency was superior, especially compared to others at his position or his sizeable contract is just wrong. I have never doubted his ability to score at the basket, he's 7'0 (or 6' 11") he should be able to do that effectively. The problem is the other things he should be able to do with his size and agility he does not do efficiently.

The guy is a complete moron, literally all of his posts are trash, he's notches below Domefavors. "Amare's efficiency has never been great" lol. Amare was one of the most efficient players in the NBA pretty much every year until this year. He has a career TS% of 596%, that isn't great its excellent, a HOF historic career TS%. In fact Amare is the most efficient power forward of this generation. The only players in the NBA who are more efficient than Amare career wise are Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, Nene, and Dwight Howard. For players who average 20+ Points, Amare is the most efficient player in the NBA for his career.

LOL the fact you failed to address my points about his turnover ratio, lack of offensive rebounding, defensive efficiency, and overall efficiency just goes to show your lack of NBA knowledge. I mean the first thing I would do is look up the word literally, as "all my posts are literally trash" is an asinine statement. The fact you feel like you have to resort in petty name-calling is laughable child. I know more about basketball, and sports in general, than you could hope to ever ascertain.

The fact is Amare can score, maybe even slightly efficiently, but everything else he is mediocre or sub-par at. His "face" numbers can be duplicated by most 7-footers with his agility, which he no longer possesses.

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 03:56 PM
DoMeFavors deserves to officially be named #1 troll of PSD. everything he (i've actually heard it's a she) says is nothing but homer comments. everyone on the knicks is a role player except carmelo, and chandler is a bust center. i guess you don't understand the concept of defense, let alone the concept of basketball. without chandler, the mavericaks don't beat the heat in the finals. plain and simple as that.

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
i guess you don't understand the concept of defense, let alone the concept of basketball. without chandler, the mavericaks don't beat the heat in the finals. plain and simple as that.

I agree, I would go as far as to say that Chandler is the most important Knick. He turned the Knicks into a defensively relative team, an impressive feat considering they have Carmel and Amare playing. Tyson Chandler is definitely a star I don't see how anyone can say that he is terrible or not an important piece to the Knicks. I agree, as well, that without Chandler the Mavericks do not even make it to the Western Conference Finals.

D12 fan
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Amare or Johnson

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I agree, I would go as far as to say that Chandler is the most important Knick. He turned the Knicks into a defensively relative team, an impressive feat considering they have Carmel and Amare playing. Tyson Chandler is definitely a star I don't see how anyone can say that he is terrible or not an important piece to the Knicks. I agree, as well, that without Chandler the Mavericks do not even make it to the Western Conference Finals.

exactly. i was ecstatic when we signed him last summer. we needed a center more than a point guard IMO to go along with amar'e and melo and chandler was perfect for us. just coming off a finals win with his head higher than the clouds.. what more do you need to motivate a new team?

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 05:17 PM
DoMeFavors deserves to officially be named #1 troll of PSD. everything he (i've actually heard it's a she) says is nothing but homer comments. everyone on the knicks is a role player except carmelo, and chandler is a bust center. i guess you don't understand the concept of defense, let alone the concept of basketball. without chandler, the mavericaks don't beat the heat in the finals. plain and simple as that.

exactly he was a piece to the puzzle without the superstar Dirk making shots and being unbelievable, without Jason Terrys clutch 3s and baskets, without Jason Kidds leadership/passing/defense, without Marions energy, without JJ Barea playing great getting into the paint. He was a piece to the puzzle without anyone of those guys most likely they dont beat the Heat.

Max.This
08-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Amare. Atleast the nets know what they're getting with joe johnson. On a game to game basis, us knicks fans have to look out on the court and pray to god that Amare has a decent game. Joe Johnson isn't a lebron james, or any other top tier max contract player but he puts up consistent numbers. Amare is nonexistent when Melo is on the court.

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 05:46 PM
exactly he was a piece to the puzzle without the superstar Dirk making shots and being unbelievable, without Jason Terrys clutch 3s and baskets, without Jason Kidds leadership/passing/defense, without Marions energy, without JJ Barea playing great getting into the paint. He was a piece to the puzzle without anyone of those guys most likely they dont beat the Heat.

That's not even relevant..? That doesn't explain why chandler was important. He protected the rim and was a perfect compliment to dirks capabilities. I don't understand what goes through your mind about thinking these type of things. I really think you just say things without thinking about what to say. Chandler is easily a top center and I'm glad he's on my team and not yours. You can't tell me you wouldn't like having him if he was on the nets. If you say that, you're lying to yourself.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Lopez isn't even a top ten Center
I dont know why you guys continue to debate someone like that

100% agree with this.

Vinny642
08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
This bs of a thread is still open?
Johnson is a top 5 but barely..... and its the weakest position in the league in terms of talent, he wont be by the end of this year

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
That's not even relevant..? That doesn't explain why chandler was important. He protected the rim and was a perfect compliment to dirks capabilities. I don't understand what goes through your mind about thinking these type of things. I really think you just say things without thinking about what to say. Chandler is easily a top center and I'm glad he's on my team and not yours. You can't tell me you wouldn't like having him if he was on the nets. If you say that, you're lying to yourself.

Im sorry but he isnt a guy I want on my team, if you want a guy that was brought to a championship contender already and helped win a championship thats fine, but he has done nothing for your team. Defense doesnt matter when you arent winning games. Thats good that you like him, thats your opinion, in my mind he sucks so bad. I would take him on my team if my center was Aaron Gray, but I wouldnt take Chandler over more than half the starting centers.
Im glad he is a hustle player that plays defense and most fans like those types of players they seem like they trade hard every night but in reality they are doing little to impact the game in terms of winning, Chandler especially with that awful contract next to another terrible contract in Amare isnt good. Also Kidd and Camby at 40 years old got 3 year deals those are up there in terms of worst deals aswell.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Im sorry but he isnt a guy I want on my team, if you want a guy that was brought to a championship contender already and helped win a championship thats fine, but he has done nothing for your team. Defense doesnt matter when you arent winning games. Thats good that you like him, thats your opinion, in my mind he sucks so bad. I would take him on my team if my center was Aaron Gray, but I wouldnt take Chandler over more than half the starting centers.
Im glad he is a hustle player that plays defense and most fans like those types of players they seem like they trade hard every night but in reality they are doing little to impact the game in terms of winning, Chandler especially with that awful contract next to another terrible contract in Amare isnt good. Also Kidd and Camby at 40 years old got 3 year deals those are up there in terms of worst deals aswell.

LOLOLOLOLOL :facepalm: LOLOLOLOL!

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Yup this is why you're the biggest troll on this site. He does nothing for the Knicks? Someone mentioned that tey went from 22nd to 5th in defensive rankings last year. I can't wait until the Knicks play the nets. Brook Lopez is going to get **** on. He's not even a top 10 center and I guarantee you I could get at least 20 people that would agree with me on that or say chandler is light years better than Lopez.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Yup this is why you're the biggest troll on this site. He does nothing for the Knicks? Someone mentioned that tey went from 22nd to 5th in defensive rankings last year. I can't wait until the Knicks play the nets. Brook Lopez is going to get **** on. He's not even a top 10 center and I guarantee you I could get at least 20 people that would agree with me on that or say chandler is light years better than Lopez.

Brook wont get anything done to him, Chandler sucks on offense, and he cant stop Lopez.
If Chandler was so good he wouldnt have been on 5 teams in 10 yrs. :facepalm:

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Brook wont get anything done to him, Chandler sucks on offense, and he cant stop Lopez.
If Chandler was so good he wouldnt have been on 5 teams in 10 yrs. :facepalm:

He won't stop Lopez? Chandler just won DPOY and shut down Dwight every time they played. Lopez is trash. I could stop him and I'm 5'7.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 06:59 PM
He won't stop Lopez? Chandler just won DPOY and shut down Dwight every time they played. Lopez is trash. I could stop him and I'm 5'7.

You do realize Dwight is a terrible offensive player aswell? He is known for his defense/rebounding. He cant shoot and mostly dunks. Also I watched the games Dwight was doubled in the post all game. Anything else?

Brook is a much better offensive player than Dwight?

MonroeFAN
08-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I would take tyson chandler over brook lopez any day of the week.

KnicksR4Real
08-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Amare

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Chandler is a rim protector and since Dwight is "known for dunking" and being an offensive player at the rim, he was shut down. But aside from Dwight, Lopez is trash and chandler is a top center in the league. I'd only take Dwight and possibly Bynum at times (only because he's immature) over chandler.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Chandler is a rim protector and since Dwight is "known for dunking" and being an offensive player at the rim, he was shut down. But aside from Dwight, Lopez is trash and chandler is a top center in the league. I'd only take Dwight and possibly Bynum at times (only because he's immature) over chandler.

Ok you like Chandler and it seems like you have a crush on him, instead of wanting your team to win a championship you would rather watch Chandler play. Thats fine with me, I dont care about the Knicks I said Chandler sucks which he does. He is a bum that has been passed on by team to team, he isnt a player teams want. So you can keep loving Chandler for the next 3 seasons and 8th seeds.

And you would only take Dwight and Bynum over Chandler, while the Bobcats would rather take longer deals of Najera and other over expiring CHandler.

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken, but Chandler played a huge pivotal role in the Mavericks championship run. I'm pretty sure he was the heart and soul of that defense.

Sorry, if I want to build/win a championship the Center I want is easily Tyson Chandler over Brook Lopez.

Lopez isn't even a top 10 center. He has a very, very nice offensive skillset but outside of that he provides nothing else.

He doesn't play defense, he doesn't rebound.

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok you like Chandler and it seems like you have a crush on him, instead of wanting your team to win a championship you would rather watch Chandler play. Thats fine with me, I dont care about the Knicks I said Chandler sucks which he does. He is a bum that has been passed on by team to team, he isnt a player teams want. So you can keep loving Chandler for the next 3 seasons and 8th seeds.

I have a crush on tyson chandler? What? When did I say I'd rather watch him play than have my team win championships. I'm sorry and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure my team was higher than an 8 seed the past two seasons while yours wasn't. Sig bet with me that the Knicks finish better than the nets. I'm that confident with my team. Outside of deron and JJ, your squad is dust.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I have a crush on tyson chandler? What? When did I say I'd rather watch him play than have my team win championships. I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure my team was higher than an 8 seed the past two seasons while yours wasn't. Sig bet with me that the Knicks finish better than the nets. I'm that confident with my team. Outside of deron and JJ, your squad is dust.

Nets have peaces that fit together, while Knicks gm just looks to sign any former/big names he can no matter the fit. Nets have 2 all stars while Knicks only have 1. Nets have much better offensive players, while Amare keeps declining along with unmonivated Melo. Chandlers fake hustle is also so funny to watch as he eats up 13 million dollars doing nothing. Nobody on your team can stop our players, while you talk about this defense nobody can stop Deron, nobody can stop JJ, nobody can stop Gerald Wallace, nobody can stop Humphries, and nobody can stop Lopez.

And dont give me that BS about Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler because it means nothing to me. Fact is Nets have a creater who can create for others while Knicks dont have that.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, but Chandler played a huge pivotal role in the Mavericks championship run. I'm pretty sure he was the heart and soul of that defense.

Sorry, if I want to build/win a championship the Center I want is easily Tyson Chandler over Brook Lopez.

Lopez isn't even a top 10 center. He has a very, very nice offensive skillset but outside of that he provides nothing else.

He doesn't play defense, he doesn't rebound.

There is no offense the Nets need to stop, the Nets are a top offensive team and can outscore their opponents at will. Humphries DOES rebound, Evans DOES rebound both among highest in the league, im not concerned with stat padding rebounds when thats already done on the team. If the team is already getting rebounds its fine by me.

LeGacy is Music
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Amare was an MVP candidate had one bad season because of injuries and all of a sudden he has a bad contract

LeGacy is Music
08-12-2012, 08:06 PM
To go off topic someone said DOMEFAVORS is a girl is that true no gay jokes intended

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Nets have peaces that fit together, while Knicks gm just looks to sign any former/big names he can no matter the fit. Nets have 2 all stars while Knicks only have 1. Nets have much better offensive players, while Amare keeps declining along with unmonivated Melo. Chandlers fake hustle is also so funny to watch as he eats up 13 million dollars doing nothing. Nobody on your team can stop our players, while you talk about this defense nobody can stop Deron, nobody can stop JJ, nobody can stop Gerald Wallace, nobody can stop Humphries, and nobody can stop Lopez.

And dont give me that BS about Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler because it means nothing to me. Fact is Nets have a creater who can create for others while Knicks dont have that.

nobody can stop deron, JJ or lopez? tyson chandler would eat lopez day in and day out. a healthy shumpert would stop both of JJ and deron depending on who woodson wants him on. knicks are a better team defensively than the nets. come on, sig bet me. don't be scared.

nycericanguy
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
JJ by a mile.

Amare is overpaid but his contract ends at age 31. He should have another 2 very good years in him.

BK will be paying a 34 year old JJ $25m in 2015! JJ has already declined steadily, can you imagine at 34 taking up nearly half their cap?

PocketKings
08-12-2012, 08:13 PM
I'll just say this though, in that final year of JJ's contract. That is going to be a 25 million dollar expiring and maybe I'm crazy but that is going to be one pretty trade chip, because JJ by then I think will still be a top 10 player at his position.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 08:20 PM
nobody can stop deron, JJ or lopez? tyson chandler would eat lopez day in and day out. a healthy shumpert would stop both of JJ and deron depending on who woodson wants him on. knicks are a better team defensively than the nets. come on, sig bet me. don't be scared.

Im not scared of anyone on a sports message board, Nets have better passers at every position, have better scorers in the starting lineup. Chandler has never stopped Lopez, and Shumpert wont even be back to play the Nets once. The last Nets and Knicks game is in January. But even if he was healthy a defender cant stop a really good offensive player. Deron kills the knicks all the time.

Vampirate
08-12-2012, 08:20 PM
In terms of the who would be the best teams in the Atlantic in the playoffs I would go

Boston then New York then Philidelphia then Brooklyn then Toronto

Boston has proven themselves the most out of the bunch.

I put New York over Philidelphia because the 76ers just got Bynum so it could take a year to overcome New York. Given a year and maybe a FA, philidelphia could surpass NY.

Brooklyn just doesn't have the defence to go very far in the playoffs.

Toronto is young and unproven but could move up in the next few years depending on the development of their players.

DoMeFavors
08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
I'll just say this though, in that final year of JJ's contract. That is going to be a 25 million dollar expiring and maybe I'm crazy but that is going to be one pretty trade chip, because JJ by then I think will still be a top 10 player at his position.

Deron
Wallace
JJ
Lopez

will all be expiring that year

thats

which in total is 63 million in cap space

aztr0
08-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Joe Johnson.

Aust
08-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Oh god.. This thread is still up?

Thought it would have been closed by now or somethin

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 10:18 PM
i wonder if domefavors is a hot chick lmao he/she should put a pick of themselves up

knicks=love
08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
^ ew you creep

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 10:40 PM
^ ew you creep

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Hot girls get a pass on not knowing there sports.

More-Than-Most
08-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Both are horrid but if I had to choose it really wouldn't be that hard... Its JJ

Aust
08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Read some various posts

Amare was considered an MVP candidate at one point during the season. I don't remember when though, but he was on the list for some time

flatbush knicks
08-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Hot girls get a pass on not knowing there sports.

hell yeah:D

GiantsSwaGG
08-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Why do ppl take DoMeFavors serious?

Vinny642
08-13-2012, 12:05 AM
hell yeah:D

SMH... :facepalm:

knickfan33
08-13-2012, 12:32 AM
jeremy lin.

Losoway
08-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Read some various posts

Amare was considered an MVP candidate at one point during the season. I don't remember when though, but he was on the list for some time

i think he had a shot at winning it to be honest. the knicks were actually playing with life

then we got melo and amare started caring more about fashion shows

Sixerlover
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM

wow.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Joe Johnson will be a top 10 player at his position be then? He has been, though being a top 10 SG isn't saying a ton, its a weak position. The problem with JJ has always been his inability to stay constant with his regular season play once the playoffs start. He becomes literally average.

Besides, Johnson's deal is one year longer. That alone makes him the answer to this question.

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 11:30 AM
jeremy lin.

Jeremy Lin PER >>> Amare Stoudemire PER

JiffyMix88
08-13-2012, 11:37 AM
lopez

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Joe Johnson will be a top 10 player at his position be then? He has been, though being a top 10 SG isn't saying a ton, its a weak position. The problem with JJ has always been his inability to stay constant with his regular season play once the playoffs start. He becomes literally average.

Besides, Johnson's deal is one year longer. That alone makes him the answer to this question.

JJ was the worse contract given in 2010, Amar'e was 2nd.
I'm stunned some actually don't see this.
So by that logic of his expiring deal Amar'e will be a gold mine since he expires a year earlier; thus JJ still has a worse contract than Amar'e.
Logic!

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 12:36 PM
JJ was the worse contract given in 2010, Amar'e was 2nd.
I'm stunned some actually don't see this.
So by that logic of his expiring deal Amar'e will be a gold mine since he expires a year earlier; thus JJ still has a worse contract than Amar'e.
Logic!

That just adds to the evidence honestly. Amare had a very down year due to injury. What was Johnson's excuse for being a teir 4 SG yet again, and sucking in the playoffs?

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:07 PM
It is what it is, you guys have your opinions... I think Amare is the worst contract in the NBA..and Joe Johnson is one of the best contracts in the NBA in my mind.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 01:10 PM
It is what it is, you guys have your opinions... I think Amare is the worst contract in the NBA..and Joe Johnson is one of the best contracts in the NBA in my mind.

Off course you do, because you are irrational as hell regarding the Nets. How can a player who is a borderline all star at the tail end of his prime making $80 million over the next 4 seasons the best contract in the NBA? That is honestly the dumbest thing I have read in this thread.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Yes, because that makes 100% sense in your mind.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Off course you do, because you are irrational as hell regarding the Nets. How can a player who is a borderline all star at the tail end of his prime making $80 million over the next 4 seasons the best contract in the NBA? That is honestly the dumbest thing I have read in this thread.

Its not the best but all stars deserve good contracts, Joe Johnson is still one of the best players in this league and was an all star last season. There are role players like Drew Gooden and Outlaw who make like 7 million. Joe Johnson is still one of the best players in the league. Instead of all you guys all the time talking about contracts and what players say why dont you just watch the game and enjoy baketball? Some of you talks more about contracts and all that stuff instead of just enjoying the game.
Like it or not Joe Johnson is a top talent in this league, and anyone that doesnt agree is just jealous of the Nets sucess over their own teams.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Its not the best but all stars deserve good contracts, Joe Johnson is still one of the best players in this league and was an all star last season. There are role players like Drew Gooden and Outlaw who make like 7 million. Joe Johnson is still one of the best players in the league. Instead of all you guys all the time talking about contracts and what players say why dont you just watch the game and enjoy baketball? Some of you talks more about contracts and all that stuff instead of just enjoying the game.
Like it or not Joe Johnson is a top talent in this league, and anyone that doesnt agree is just jealous of the Nets sucess over their own teams.

No one is jealous of the Nets success. They've been terrible as of late and have nothing to be jealous about.

Joe Johnson was the worst contract given in 2010, followed by Amar'e.
It's not an opinion of Knick fans and Hawk fans, it's a universally accepted opinion except in the head of 1 homer/bias fan in yourself. Joe Johnson isn't even Top 5 at his position but is being paid to be the 5th most expensive player in the NBA. Because he is a Net you look pass that and jump for joy totally avoiding the reality of how atrocious his contract is and how his play doesn't warrant anywhere near that level of money. However he is the best contract in the NBA to you, not a guy like LeBron making 7 million less than him but having 3 MVP's and a ring. But it's your opinion so its nothing.

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
:laugh:

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
DoMeFavors failed math in school. it's ok guys, it all makes sense. there's no reason for him/her? to even believe why JJ's contract is better other than the fact that he's on the nets.

i'm jealous of the nets' success in the past few years.. :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:27 PM
No one is jealous of the Nets success. They've been terrible as of late and have nothing to be jealous about.

Joe Johnson was the worst contract given in 2010, followed by Amar'e.
It's not an opinion of Knick fans and Hawk fans, it's a universally accepted opinion except in the head of 1 homer/bias fan in yourself. Joe Johnson isn't even Top 5 at his position but is being paid to be the 5th most expensive player in the NBA. Because he is a Net you look pass that and jump for joy totally avoiding the reality of how atrocious his contract is and how his play doesn't warrant anywhere near that level of money. However he is the best contract in the NBA to you, not a guy like LeBron making 7 million less than him but having 3 MVP's and a ring. But it's your opinion so its nothing.

Lebron chose not to get more money he took less to join forces in Miami, and he probably makes more money then Joe regardless because of his shoes, shirts, commercials and all that. And Yes people are jealous of the Nets I can tell by the way everyone posts in these kinds of threads, if you disagree thats fine.

And even if Joe was making 30 million whats the big deal? He will def finish the contract with the Nets anyway and paying the luxury tax isnt a problem so whats the big deal? Its the NBA where every player is making big money.

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
you don't understand that lebron easily could've had more money in his contract in miami, but since he and pat riley are so smart, they decided to lower it to be able to add bosh and sign wade back. lebron is one of the richest people in the world, and this is even counting his NBA contract.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
you don't understand that lebron easily could've had more money in his contract in miami, but since he and pat riley are so smart, they decided to lower it to be able to add bosh and sign wade back. lebron is one of the richest people in the world, and this is even counting his NBA contract.

Thats what I just said

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Amare Stoudemire
$19,948,799
$21,679,893
$23,410,988

Joe Johnson
$19,752,645
$21,466,718
$23,180,790
$24,894,86

Notice anything? Both will have roughly the same salary for the next 3 years but Amar'e is the worst contract in the NBA according to DoMeFavors because he expires 1 year early compared to Joe Johnson. That some how makes Joe J's contract which is literally Amar'e contract + 1 more year the best in the NBA. You can't make this stuff up

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Lebron chose not to get more money he took less to join forces in Miami, and he probably makes more money then Joe regardless because of his shoes, shirts, commercials and all that. And Yes people are jealous of the Nets I can tell by the way everyone posts in these kinds of threads, if you disagree thats fine.

And even if Joe was making 30 million whats the big deal? He will def finish the contract with the Nets anyway and paying the luxury tax isnt a problem so whats the big deal? Its the NBA where every player is making big money.

Now your questioning the ethics as to why LeBron's contract is low? It's all irrelevant. Fact is, for what LeBron's contract is he is the best contract in the NBA disproving your silly notion of Joe J having the best contract?

No one is Jealous of the Nets. Outside of Deron and possibly Brooks you don't have 1 player on your team that other fans envy.

And who said anything about Joe J contract affecting the Nets? Same like NY, Amar'e/Joe J will be taken care of because of their owners wealth. What this discussion is about is the worst contract in the NBA. If Joe J was making 50 million and the Nets could afford it that still makes it the worst contract in the NBA. He isnt' worth his contract and he is the worst contract in the NBA. Don't change the subject me lady.

nycericanguy
08-13-2012, 01:36 PM
JJ makes more, is signed longer, and he's 2 years older.

Not even debatable.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Amare Stoudemire
$19,948,799
$21,679,893
$23,410,988

Joe Johnson
$19,752,645
$21,466,718
$23,180,790
$24,894,86

Notice anything? Both will have roughly the same salary for the next 3 years but Amar'e is the worst contract in the NBA according to DoMeFavors because he expires 1 year early compared to Joe Johnson. That some how makes Joe J's contract which is literally Amar'e contract + 1 more year the best in the NBA. You can't make this stuff up

Joe Johnson is a lot more productive right now, he is the better player which makes him have the better contract. It really doesnt concern me the lenght or the numbers and all that.
I understand your a Knicks fan so you probably love Amare and all that, but fact is he isnt worth big money any more. There is a different between highest contract and big money. Joe Johnson is still worth big money, Amare on the other hand is not worth big money anymore.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Its not the best but all stars deserve good contracts, Joe Johnson is still one of the best players in this league and was an all star last season.

What do you define as best players? Top 20? Top 40? No, you don't pay a player who is borderline all star ability $20 million a year. Atlanta totally paniced and gave him that ludicrous deal.

There are role players like Drew Gooden and Outlaw who make like 7 million. Joe Johnson is still one of the best players in the league.

Again, please define best players in the league. Only the top 5 players even justify those types of deal.

Instead of all you guys all the time talking about contracts and what players say why dont you just watch the game and enjoy baketball?

We do. But I, and many here, came here to discuss basketball at a further level.

I highly doubt many here are jealous of the Nets illustrious history. For the third time, how do you define best players in the NBA? Because I can come up with a whole lot of players better than Joe Johnson who make less money.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 01:42 PM

Do you have any clue on how the CBA works? Contracts like Lopez and Johnson will eliminate any potential free agent over the mid level exception over the next 4 seasons. Gone. Done. You have a very small margin to upgrade over the next few years. THAT is why it matters.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Do you have any clue on how the CBA works? Contracts like Lopez and Johnson will eliminate any potential free agent over the mid level exception over the next 4 seasons. Gone. Done. You have a very small margin to upgrade over the next few years. THAT is why it matters.

Its called trades, there are tons of teams that were invested in a lot of money and cap and always changed their roster. Orlando Magic, Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics, Detriot Pistons, NY Knicks this past year, Lakers.

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Joe Johnson is a lot more productive right now, he is the better player which makes him have the better contract. It really doesnt concern me the lenght or the numbers and all that.
I understand your a Knicks fan so you probably love Amare and all that, but fact is he isnt worth big money any more. There is a different between highest contract and big money. Joe Johnson is still worth big money, Amare on the other hand is not worth big money anymore.

joe johnson is two years older.. how are you going to say he is still worth bigger money?

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Its called trades, there are tons of teams that were invested in a lot of money and cap and always changed their roster. Orlando Magic, Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics, Detriot Pistons, NY Knicks this past year, Lakers.

And which sucker are you going to find to entertain trading for Lopez, Wallace, or Johnson? You can't just say, "hey, we want to trade our underperforming SF who can't play defense at the elite level or score well anymore, lets do it". It doesn't work that way. You need something that will entice another team.

Brooklyn went all in, and they now have their core for the next 3 years. And it's a core with a ceiling below a championship.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:50 PM

He is more productive? I don't even have to us advanced stats. In Amar'e worst season Joe J was barely better than him. That's something to be proud of?

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2011-12
30 ATL NBA 60 60 35.5 7.1 15.5 .454 2.1 5.4 .388 2.6 3.1 .849 0.9 2.8 3.7 3.9 0.8 0.2 1.9 1.3 18.8

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2011-12 29 NYK NBA 47 47 32.8 6.7 13.9 .483 0.1 0.4 .238 4.0 5.2 .765 2.3 5.6 7.8 1.1 0.8 1.0 2.4 2.9 17.5

And I see you are trying to change the subject again. My loyalty to my team in no way affects my opinion on the matter of worse contract.
Amar'e role in the Knicks offense is secondary compared to Joe J who is suppose to be Atlanta's star. Yet despite his horrendus year he is still not all that far off from a guy like Joe J from last year.

Of course you don't care about contracts and numbers, if you put any sort of actual thought into value you would see how Joe J is the farthest thing from a good contract and is actually the worst contract.

You continually promote everything pro Net and disregard the truth about how good or valued your players really are.

Joe J literally has the same exact contract as Amar'e but has 1 added year. That makes him the best contract in your mind because he plays for the Nets.
It's ok.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
And which sucker are you going to find to entertain trading for Lopez, Wallace, or Johnson? You can't just say, "hey, we want to trade our underperforming SF who can't play defense at the elite level or score well anymore, lets do it". It doesn't work that way. You need something that will entice another team.

Brooklyn went all in, and they now have their core for the next 3 years. And it's a core with a ceiling below a championship.

It's barely 8th seed material. I wouldn't be surprise if Toronto ends up as the 4th best team in our division and Brooklyn is last.

They really needed Dwight. Unless Joe J becomes a monster they have a very underwhelming cast for a playoff run.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:52 PM

Im not talking about trading them, im talking little trades like the expiring vet min deals that could be traded for a player at the deadline, Humphries expiring next year, sign and trades of free agents like Knicks did this past year to get Camby. Brooks can be traded, Teletovic if he performs well, the rookies, there are tons of moves that can be made to add depth. Like it or not nets are a hot team right now that players are dieing to play for, CJ Watson took vet min over teams willing to give him a starters position. Players will come.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 01:55 PM
He is more productive? I don't even have to us advanced stats. In Amar'e worst season Joe J was barely better than him. That's something to be proud of?

2011-12
30 ATL NBA 60 60 35.5 7.1 15.5 .454 2.1 5.4 .388 2.6 3.1 .849 0.9 2.8 3.7 3.9 0.8 0.2 1.9 1.3 18.8

2011-12 29 NYK NBA 47 47 32.8 6.7 13.9 .483 0.1 0.4 .238 4.0 5.2 .765 2.3 5.6 7.8 1.1 0.8 1.0 2.4 2.9 17.5

And I see you are trying to change the subject again. My loyalty to my team in no way affects my opinion on the matter of worse contract.
Amar'e role in the Knicks offense is secondary compared to Joe J who is suppose to be Atlanta's star. Yet despite his horrendus year he is still not all that far off from a guy like Joe J from last year.

Of course you don't care about contracts and numbers, if you put any sort of actual thought into value you would see how Joe J is the farthest thing from a good contract and is actually the worst contract.

You continually promote everything pro Net and disregard the truth about how good or valued your players really are.

Joe J literally has the same exact contract as Amar'e but has 1 added year. That makes him the best contract in your mind because he plays for the Nets.
It's ok.

I didnt change the subject you said I am bias towards to the Nets, so I said you are the same way with the Knicks, and Joe Johnson ATL's best player still had the better record then Amare who was the 2nd best player and Melo who is the best player on the team.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:58 PM

I find it amusing someone like yourself you says you don't care much about contracts numbers uses the "We can trade" excuse. Below are the contracts of your most expensive players, essentially your core. Please enlighten us how Brooklyn will find any trade partners for Joe J, Crash, or Lopez? Brooklyn was the only dumb team willing to give Crash that amount on the downside of his career. Lopez as a Max despite it being normal for what Centers get in today's NBA is still a horrendous contract and immovable. Joe J is just laughable. Your team traded scrap players for him, you won't get anything worth of value for him.

This is the team you are stuck with for 4 years. Unlike a team like the Knicks who are going all in they all expire in 3 years so if they fail for the next 3 years they literally can rebuild quickly because they have their 1st rounders and no money guaranteed to anyone outside Novak and our 1st rounders. Brooklyn in 4 years will owe a combined 55 Million to 3 players alone, that is not including Deron Williams who has a player option for 21 million and can leave your team if they suck. And even if he decided to opt in that's 76 million for 4 players alone. Good luck .

Joe Johnson
$19,752,645
$21,466,718
$23,180,790
$24,894,863

Deron Williams
$17,177,795
$18,466,130
$19,754,465
$21,042,800
$22,331,135

Brook Lopez
$13,668,000
$14,694,000
$15,719,000
$16,774,000

Kris Humphries
$12,000,000
$12,000,000

Gerald Wallace
$9,682,435
$10,105,855
$10,105,855
$10,105,855

Mirza Teletovic
$3,090,000
$3,229,050
$3,368,100

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I didnt change the subject you said I am bias towards to the Nets, so I said you are the same way with the Knicks, and Joe Johnson ATL's best player still had the better record then Amare who was the 2nd best player and Melo who is the best player on the team.

Explain my bias please.

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Im not talking about trading them, im talking little trades like the expiring vet min deals that could be traded for a player at the deadline, Humphries expiring next year, sign and trades of free agents like Knicks did this past year to get Camby. Brooks can be traded, Teletovic if he performs well, the rookies, there are tons of moves that can be made to add depth. Like it or not nets are a hot team right now that players are dieing to play for, CJ Watson took vet min over teams willing to give him a starters position. Players will come.

yeah, they wanna play for a franchise that has been down the ******* the past few years. the only reason they want to play in brooklyn is because the franchise is turning a new page and playing in the barclays. deron had a better chance at winning in dallas with that supporting cast around dirk.

airronijordan
08-13-2012, 02:01 PM
They're both awful contracts, however if amare stays healthy than JJ has the worse contract.

ElChinoLatino
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
At the request of others, Amare or Joe Johnson?

LMAO your sig is mad funny.

miller
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM

I don't think teams in Luxury tax territory can do sign and trades from next season. I'm almost certain I heard that somewhere.

But I agree that Brooks, Teletovic (if he performs reasonably well) and Humphries could be an attractive proposal for getting a deal done for a good player. Lopez, Wallace and Johnson I think would be difficult to move.

But I agree the Nets have at least a little flexibility to tweak the roster if this doesn't make them contenders. But it'd be really hard to do much more than tweak the roster. As hawkeye mentioned the Nets are pretty much locked in with Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Lopez. That is the core and on paper it could do well.

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I find it amusing someone like yourself you says you don't care much about contracts numbers uses the "We can trade" excuse. Below are the contracts of your most expensive players, essentially your core. Please enlighten us how Brooklyn will find any trade partners for Joe J, Crash, or Lopez? Brooklyn was the only dumb team willing to give Crash that amount on the downside of his career. Lopez as a Max despite it being normal for what Centers get in today's NBA is still a horrendous contract and immovable. Joe J is just laughable. Your team traded scrap players for him, you won't get anything worth of value for him.

This is the team you are stuck with for 3 years. Unlike a team like the Knicks who are going all in they all expire in 3 years so if they fail for the next 3 years they literally can rebuild quickly because they have their 1st rounders and no money guaranteed to anyone outside Novak and our 1st rounders. Brooklyn in 4 years will owe a combined 55 Million to 3 players alone, that is not including Deron Williams who has a player option for 21 million and can leave your team if they suck. And even if he decided to opt in that's 76 million for 4 players alone. Good luck .

Joe Johnson
$19,752,645
$21,466,718
$23,180,790
$24,894,863

Deron Williams
$17,177,795
$18,466,130
$19,754,465
$21,042,800
$22,331,135

Brook Lopez
$13,668,000
$14,694,000
$15,719,000
$16,774,000

Kris Humphries
$12,000,000
$12,000,000

Gerald Wallace
$9,682,435
$10,105,855
$10,105,855
$10,105,855

Mirza Teletovic
$3,090,000
$3,229,050
$3,368,100

Its going to be hard for the Knicks to just rebuild since they traded away all their young talent and the only young player on their team is basically Shumpert. So its going to be tough since every young player on the Knicks was basically traded.
And if you look at other teams besides the Nets and look at their contracts I bet you can find a ton of teams with big money contracts similar to the Nets. Clippers for 1 have CP3 not even signed, Caron Butler, Blake,Deandre,Crawford,Odom

airronijordan
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM

What players are dying to play for the nets? You're biggest addition was cj watson LOL

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 02:04 PM
yeah, they wanna play for a franchise that has been down the ******* the past few years. the only reason they want to play in brooklyn is because the franchise is turning a new page and playing in the barclays. deron had a better chance at winning in dallas with that supporting cast around dirk.

Same could be said about the Knicks who has won 1 playoff game in the last 10 years. Melo had a better chance winning in Denver than NY. Knicks were in the ******* the past 12 years.

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Its going to be hard for the Knicks to just rebuild since they traded away all their young talent and the only young player on their team is basically Shumpert. So its going to be tough since every young player on the Knicks was basically traded.
And if you look at other teams besides the Nets and look at their contracts I bet you can find a ton of teams with big money contracts similar to the Nets. Clippers for 1 have CP3 not even signed, Caron Butler, Blake,Deandre,Crawford,Odom

Don't make this about the Knicks. You won't win.
It's about Joe J's contract which is still terrible and you have done a poor job elaborating how its the best contract in the NBA. I'm waiting for an answer to that.

ElChinoLatino
08-13-2012, 02:06 PM

D12 pretty much wrote Deron's death wish. Brooklyn will not go past the 2nd round with their current roster, which is pretty much staying the same for the next 4 years unless teams want to take on awful contracts by trading.

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 02:08 PM
D12 pretty much wrote Deron's death wish. Brooklyn will not go past the 2nd round with their current roster, which is pretty much staying the same for the next 4 years unless teams want to take on awful contracts by trading.

love the quote in your sig :hi5:

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Don't make this about the Knicks. You won't win.It's about Joe J's contract which is still terrible and you have done a poor job elaborating how its the best contract in the NBA. I'm waiting for an answer to that.

I wont win what?
What are you talking about...

This is about bad contracts and I said Amare has the worst contract in the league, this isnt about Joe.

ElChinoLatino
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM

Likewise :cheers:

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I wont win what?
What are you talking about...

This is about bad contracts and I said Amare has the worst contract in the league, this isnt about Joe.

You are trying to make this into another NY/Brooklyn debate which it doesn't need to be.

You said Amar'e is the worst contract in the NBA.
You said Joe J is the best contract in the NBA.
I posted the numbers that literally show Joe J has Amar'e contract plus 1 added year. So what you said is literally wrong. Using that same logic Amar'e is actually a much more valuable contract because he offers the same chance to win and provides similar production but is 1 year shorter.

I'm waiting for you to justify why Joe J contract is the best and why Amar'e is the worst. Especially when guys like LeBron/Durant have done more than Joe J and are much cheaper. And that production excuse won't cut it. Amar'e at his worst was barely a downgrade from Joe J's recent season. Please explain other than "I'm a Net fan and since Joe J is on our team he is the best contract"

DoMeFavors
08-13-2012, 02:18 PM
You are trying to make this into another NY/Brooklyn debate which it doesn't need to be.

You said Amar'e is the worst contract in the NBA.
You said Joe J is the best contract in the NBA.
I posted the numbers that literally show Joe J has Amar'e contract plus 1 added year. So what you said is literally wrong. Using that same logic Amar'e is actually a much more valuable contract because he offers the same chance to win and provides similar production but is 1 year shorter.

I'm waiting for you to justify why Joe J contract is the best and why Amar'e is the worst. Especially when guys like LeBron/Durant have done more than Joe J and are much cheaper. And that production excuse won't cut it. Amar'e at his worst was barely a downgrade from Joe J's recent season. Please explain other than "I'm a Net fan and since Joe J is on our team he is the best contract"

There is nothing for me to say, ive said enough I am wasting time with you. I write something and you completely ignore what I write. A minute ago you said I wont win, so it seems like you are taking this way to far and getting to caught up in this debate so im going to go. You need to calm down and just enjoy the debates instead of taking them so seriously. You are making this about emotion this entire debate instead of looking past that and just debating.
It was fun but you took it to far
:)

29$JerZ
08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
There is nothing for me to say, ive said enough I am wasting time with you. I write something and you completely ignore what I write. A minute ago you said I wont win, so it seems like you are taking this way to far and getting to caught up in this debate so im going to go. You need to calm down and just enjoy the debates instead of taking them so seriously. You are making this about emotion this entire debate instead of looking past that and just debating.

Translation - It's my opinion and I have nothing to actually prove it.

Thanks for playing.

knicks=love
08-13-2012, 02:34 PM

no you're just too afraid to get into the argument with jerz and say that you're wrong when everyone involved in this entire thread knows you are except for yourself. you avoided every aspect of the argument by switching the subject to something else. you lost this argument and it wasn't even close.

airronijordan
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Exactly. Domefavors can never back up a debate. He makes the nets fan base look really bad

He's the same person who thought the nets were getting melo and gonna win the championship with him.

He's a troll, save your time an ignore him.

When amare isn't injured, he's the better player and he has 1 year lesson his contract.

flatbush knicks
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::clap::clap::facepalm:
:shrug::punish::punish::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aust
08-13-2012, 10:44 PM

Well done. I was just about to post that comment being sig worthy :clap:

Corey
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM

wut

Cal827
08-22-2012, 11:19 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::clap::clap::facepalm:
:shrug::punish::punish::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL This X :dance:

Cal827
08-22-2012, 11:21 PM

Either I'm still smoking this mixture of Crack, PCP, and grounded up beer nuts, or this is probably the worst post ever in the history of PSD :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JerseyPalahniuk
08-23-2012, 01:06 AM

And here's the cue for everyone to stop ignoring DoMeFavors and use him as a representation for the Nets fanbase. Dear God. Is stupidity considered ban worthy?