PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard the term "Make a 3-peat" ?

Chronz
08-12-2012, 01:26 AM
As a way to evaluate one player? Is there anyone here who thinks a single player can completely take over the league and will a 3-peat regardless of the league at large?

Consider this a litmus test for the intelligence on PSD, I cant believe I just saw this argument being made.

D12 fan
08-12-2012, 01:28 AM
No,not with the Big 3 movement in the NBA.

Chronz
08-12-2012, 01:30 AM
lol are you suggesting it was ever possible?

justinnum1
08-12-2012, 01:31 AM
As a way to evaluate one player? Is there anyone here who thinks a single player can completely take over the league and will a 3-peat regardless of the league at large?

Consider this a litmus test for the intelligence on PSD, I cant believe I just saw this argument being made.

I saw that guy who made it :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
08-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Well... you could certainly use that to describe Jordan and Shaq, and Russell. But I think being able to say that about a player also says something about the league. I mean, Chamberlain was in many ways more dominant than Russell, so one might assume that any compliment you give to Russell could be said of Chamberlain, but that wouldn't work in this case. But, I mean, you have to have the pieces around you to win to, so it speaks also to your GM's ability to put the proper pieces in place.

I don't think that could be said of any player in today's NBA though, because with the number of super teams that are out there, there simple isn't anyway for a team to three-peat unless all the stars align in terms of injuries and such, kind of like how Miami only won because Rose went down with an injury (I'm just saying that to get on the nerves of Heat nut huggers).

THE GIPPER
08-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I believe eibbor has done it once or twice.

PurpleJesus
08-12-2012, 02:03 AM
basketball is a team game. Everyone likes to point to Jordan or Kobe to criticize Lebron for not being able to do it on his own, yet they fail to realize Kobe wasnt even the best player for his early championships (Shaq), and Jordan didnt become the GOAT until his team got Scotty.

king4day
08-12-2012, 02:17 AM
You need the perfect storm like Dallas had a couple years ago.

IMO, Denver is the only team that has a chance of this. They need Lawson to get to the next level and Mozgov to improve some more too but they have a very good all around team.

Beyond them, nobody can stop the 'multi stars' era.

Gritz
08-12-2012, 02:26 AM
MY Player can

Kashmir13579
08-12-2012, 02:30 AM
LOL. Chronz trolling hard.

Chavacano
08-12-2012, 02:43 AM
The potential to three-peat depends on a team's core players, not on a single player. And even with a great core, to win a championship is still hard, to repeat is harder and to three-peat is hardest.

Chronz
08-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Well... you could certainly use that to describe Jordan and Shaq, and Russell. But I think being able to say that about a player also says something about the league. I mean, Chamberlain was in many ways more dominant than Russell, so one might assume that any compliment you give to Russell could be said of Chamberlain, but that wouldn't work in this case. But, I mean, you have to have the pieces around you to win to, so it speaks also to your GM's ability to put the proper pieces in place.

I don't think that could be said of any player in today's NBA though, because with the number of super teams that are out there, there simple isn't anyway for a team to three-peat unless all the stars align in terms of injuries and such, kind of like how Miami only won because Rose went down with an injury (I'm just saying that to get on the nerves of Heat nut huggers).
So what your saying is that Shaq made his team 3-peat but Kobe didnt?

#1chickhearnfan
08-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Whats that?

Niro
08-12-2012, 07:09 AM
my 2k12 myplayer won 4 mvps, rings and finals mvps in a row

PhillyFaninLA
08-12-2012, 08:04 AM
No,not with the Big 3 movement in the NBA.

Oh the one that has always existed and started as early as the Celtics and Lakers in the 1950's.

Davidgta1
08-12-2012, 09:40 AM
my 2k12 myplayer won 4 mvps, rings and finals mvps in a row

I retired with 14 Mvp's 14 rings and 13 finals MVP's thanks to Kobe ball hogging lol