PDA

View Full Version : Animosity between Nets and Magic likely killed deal

spreadeagle
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
But for Williams, the ideal of the Howard shortcut had already become tiresome and disappointing, long before the best center in the NBA was shipped to the Lakers in a four-team, 12-player blockbuster.

“We went down that road a lot,” Williams said Friday after scoring six points with six assists in Team USA’s semifinal cruise over Argentina, 109-83. “(Nets GM Billy King) did everything he could to try and get a deal done. They just didn’t want to deal him to us so what can you do.”

“Mentally I wasn’t in the Dwight sweepstakes anymore. It got kinda old. I’m happy for him. I know he wanted to get out of Orlando. He did that and he’s going to a great franchise so I wish him the best of luck.”

The Magic just refused to deal Howard to the Nets, and instead received a head-scratching package headlined by Aaron Afflalo and draft picks. Orlando didn’t get the second-best player in the deal, Andrew Bynum, who was shipped to the 76ers to give the Knicks and Nets a headache in their division. It didn’t even get the third-best player, Andre Igoudala, who was dealt to the Nuggets from the 76ers.

Brooklyn’s last attempt to land Howard in July seemed more enticing, when the Magic declined an offer of Brook Lopez (on a four-year max contract), Kris Humphries (on an expiring deal), MarShon Brooks and four unprotected first-round picks through 2017, a league source confirmed.

The Nets would’ve also absorbed the contracts of Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark.

A league source told the Daily News that a stumbling block in negotiations was lingering animosity stemming from the Magic’s belief the Nets illegally contacted Howard in December without Orlando’s permission. The Nets denied they had met with Howard, and charges were never filed with the league.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/brooklyn-nets-deron-williams-lost-interest-dwight-howard-sweepstakes-thursday-trade-lakers-article-1.1134219#ixzz23GbXGRf7

Whomewhome
08-11-2012, 03:21 PM
who cares. He is a Laker That's that.

Vincent33
08-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Good to know that Orlando is run by a 13yr old girl.

Cal827
08-11-2012, 03:34 PM
:facepalm:, so they didn't acquire the prospects/unprotected picks and allowed themselves to be bent over backwards and ****ed by 2 teams (LA and Denver) just because of some phone call that they believed to have occurred (yet they didn't lay charges or at least get stern to investigate)?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Not surprising.

Billionaires letting their feelings get in the way of making good business decisions.

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 03:38 PM
:horse:

NYsFinest
08-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Its clear that the Magic aee ready to tank. Lopez and hump are good complimentary pieces for a good team like the nets, but to pay 30 million dollars for a frontcourt that won 12 games with a similar supporting cast two years ago is stupid. Im sure if orlando wanted to add salary to become a 30 win team they could have asked for bynum or iggy and cut other teams out of the deal, instead they opted for full tank mode.

Robbw241
08-11-2012, 03:42 PM
If they wanted to tank then why did they offer Nelson a 3 year deal? Such a backwards organization.

rocket
08-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Well now you don ****ed up anyway

BradHolt4CYoung
08-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Simply put the Magic have destroyed themselves as an organization.

SugeKnight
08-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Bad way to do business. Nets offered the best package and you gotta do what's best for your team

Punk
08-11-2012, 03:49 PM
If I remember reading correctly, the Magic lost alot of credibility and respect by GMs and executives of the league.

Sad part is, they would have gotten a better deal out of the Nets in hindsight. Draft picks, Lopez, Humphries for a season or two (expiring no less), giving up Rich and Duhon, etc.

oak2455
08-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Cool story sucks for Dwill :)

tnewkirk
08-11-2012, 03:55 PM
first dwight's dumbass signs an extension when he clearly wanted to leave then orlando's ego ****s them.

hugepatsfan
08-11-2012, 04:02 PM
How can the Magic justify this to their fan base?

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 04:07 PM
You always put business before emotion, now they have one of the worst rosters in the NBA.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-11-2012, 04:08 PM
How can the Magic justify this to their fan base?

Glen Davis of course! http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/634130019.png?key=303260&Expires=1344716579&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=OOlZYFIu71p5r0liF09i97iASC7~Rz-2bZfmwKyQ5Fu9rmRqzRZ7zsZ0efYwr-BSV878jhfHKTrug-ghXiK~~WeExtW4qETZyxUaKNduH~ihHcdcYAQFz~7mnIS1-98PRXulKZ9u6p37rojT4xksGdZOLCcJUjB57FGEFjvQCwM_

But seriously I just cant imagine how bad you'd have to feel as a Magic fan right now, its quite embarrassing what they're setting themselves up for, and if they lose out on a top 3 pick.....I'm not quite sure how that arena would sell ANY tickets.

michael811
08-11-2012, 04:09 PM
the fact is that just letting Dwight walk would have been better then being stuck with Lopez on a max contract. If Lopez was any good the nets could have found a third team willing to trade assets for him without forcing the magic to take on his contract like the Lakers did with Bynum

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
the nets are still a top playoff team without dwight

we are good with lopez

Cal827
08-11-2012, 04:14 PM
You always put business before emotion, now they have one of the worst rosters in the NBA.

One of the worst rosters? This is by far the worst roster in the NBA lol

The Bobcats have more hope, and they won 7 games last season

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
yea the magics roster . i wouldnt be surprise if they dont win more then 5 games

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 04:18 PM
One of the worst rosters? This is by far the worst roster in the NBA lol

The Bobcats have more hope, and they won 7 games last season

I dont think talent wise they will be the worst roster but it puts them in bad position they added guys like Al Harrigton and still have Davis, Hedo,Qrich.

Jameer
Reddick/Afflalo
Hedo
Davis
Vucevic

is going to be bad but I dont see the bobcats being better.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:19 PM
MKG is better then everyone on the magics roster

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 04:26 PM
:horse:

ztilzer31
08-11-2012, 04:27 PM

we are good with lopez

Not so sure about that. If you mean top 5 or 6 team, but I doubt they're better then Chicago, Miami, Indiana, New York, and maybe even Boston and Philly.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 04:28 PM

we are good with lopez

Lol yea ok, 7 foot center averaging 3.6 boards in 27 minutes per game last season. Let's not make it too obvious with our homerism.

Williams - beast
Joe - overpaid, old, on the decline
Wallace - injury prone, solid otherwise
Hump - last year was his peak
Lopez - see comment above.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Lol yea ok, 7 foot center averaging 3.6 boards in 27 minutes per game last season. Let's not make it too obvious with our homerism.

Williams - beast
Joe - overpaid, old, on the decline
Wallace - injury prone, solid otherwise
Hump - last year was his peak
Lopez - see comment above.

instead of focusing on the negatives , every player has flaws

Joe = great scorer, passer
Wallace- good defender, can score, rebound, steal/block
Humphries= can rebound hustle
Lopez= great scorer, great postgame

How will it effect the team if Evans and Humphries will get the rebounds? Stat padding does nothing for the team

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 04:37 PM
instead of focusing on the negatives , every player has flaws

Joe = great scorer, passer
Wallace- good defender, can score, rebound, steal/block
Humphries= can rebound hustle
Lopez= great scorer, great postgame

Reality is you're stuck with 4/5 of that starting line for 4 years.. and most have hit their peak already.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Reality is you're stuck with 4/5 of that starting line for 4 years.. and most have hit their peak already.

coming from a sixers fan :facepalm::facepalm:

nets are easily a top 5 team

we have a superstar point guard , all star shooting guard and a scoring big man

:cool::cool::cool:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Funny how people think the nets deal was better lol taking on Lopez at 15 mill a year for four years is the biggest reason its not .... and who cares if the nets picks were unprotected they weren't gonna be lower then 25 anyways so it don't matter .... people keep saying how the picks we got are bad cause there protected lol there top ten protected I believe and as we know Lakers sixers and nuggets aren't gonna be bad enough to be drafting in the top ten so the fact that there protected is irrelevant they will still be better picks then any nets pick if the nets had Howard ...

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 04:43 PM

That could be said about a lot of teams, they are stuck with the same lineup for the next 5 years or so. But only 1 team wins a championship so your going to hate on the 29 other teams that cant get it done in the end?
ATL had no Horford and Joe Johnson and Josh Smith were their best players and took a Celtics team to 7 games this year.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Funny how people think the nets deal was better lol taking on Lopez at 15 mill a year for four years is the biggest reason its not .... and who cares if the nets picks were unprotected they weren't gonna be lower then 25 anyways so it don't matter .... people keep saying how the picks we got are bad cause there protected lol there top ten protected I believe and as we know Lakers sixers and nuggets aren't gonna be bad enough to be drafting in the top ten so the fact that there protected is irrelevant they will still be better picks then any nets pick if the nets had Howard ...

you have to be the only magic fan in denial . you guys got raped

didnt get rid of none of your terrible contracts. didnt get any high picks didnt get any players that are at least allstar caliber . hell you guys cant even market a worthy season to your fans

by far the worst trade in recent history :facepalm:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Top five team? Haha yea in the east maybe besides who cares nets won't get out of east for 4 year at least while being capped out

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 04:47 PM

I understand what your doing, your trying to make yourself feel better about this trade. But this is awful, Nuggets,Lakers,Sixers all got better deals. Nobody thinks this trade is good. The trade is pathetic, not only should the new magic gm be fired but he should never be allowed back in the NBA. He got schooled by the other 3 organizations.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Jrich and duhon were our main bad contracts moron us prob be dumb enough to say Turk but he can be bought out after a year jrich still have 3 years left .... I've said it ten times we can see how bad this trade was in 2014 you can't judge it yet ....

I'd rather be rebuilding then be the capped out going nowhere anytime soon nets lol

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I'd rather be rebuilding then be the capped out going nowhere anytime soon nets lol[/QUOTE]

rebuilding with what??? late first round draft picks???? :facepalm::facepalm:

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I'd rather be rebuilding then be the capped out going nowhere anytime soon nets lol

rebounding what ?? late first round draft picks ???:facepalm::facepalm:

More-Than-Most
08-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Lmfao
@ nets being a top 5 team

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
That could be said about a lot of teams, they are stuck with the same lineup for the next 5 years or so. But only 1 team wins a championship so your going to hate on the 29 other teams that cant get it done in the end?
ATL had no Horford and Joe Johnson and Josh Smith were their best players and took a Celtics team to 7 games this year.

Yes you can. But theres a difference between being stuck financially with James/Wade/Bosh than Williams/Johnson/Wallace/Lopez..

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Jrich and duhon were our main bad contracts moron us prob be dumb enough to say Turk but he can be bought out after a year jrich still have 3 years left .... I've said it ten times we can see how bad this trade was in 2014 you can't judge it yet ....

So you would rather be rebuilding with what a ton of teams have been doing for the past 5 years and a lot of them have hardly improved than watch competive basketball? Dont give me that crap.

Chucky Woods
08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I feel bad for Magic fans...

Their president is an asshat.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
rebounding what ?? late first round draft picks ???:facepalm::facepalm:

Coming from the same person who said they'd be surprised if the Magic dont get 5 wins. Doesnt that mean they get a high draft aka REBUILDING? Good job at just looking on the superficial side of the deal :facepalm:

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 04:57 PM
So you would rather be rebuilding with what a ton of teams have been doing for the past 5 years and a lot of them have hardly improved than watch competive basketball? Dont give me that crap.

You'll play competitive basketball but I guarnatee that you will not win an NBA championship anytime soon as long as your financially tied up with those players.

Lakers + Giants
08-11-2012, 04:58 PM

we are good with lopez

Still won't make noise in the playoffs.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:59 PM
You'll play competitive basketball but I guarnatee that you will not win an NBA championship anytime soon as long as your financially tied up with those players.

if we dont win a championship we will be in the same boat as the other teams that dont win a championship

sixers are not even in the same breath as the brooklyn nets

sunsfan88
08-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm so happy about this. It makes me feel good about having Sarver as our owner.

Even he isn't as stupid as the Magic FO! Whew I never thought I would say that!

MT2A
08-11-2012, 05:01 PM

we are good with lopez

top playoff team doesn't win rings... that's why the Lakers have 16.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 05:03 PM

There are usually only around 3 or 4 teams that can def have a chance at winning a championship ever year, but Nets are a lot better than they were last year. As far as your teams situation if you are rebuilding its very hard to just turn into an OKC and come out as the 2nd pick with Durant and then the next 2 years get a Westbrook and a Harden its especially hard to do. Teams like Pistons,Kings,Warriors, Minnesota have been doing the draft every year for the past 5 or so years and they arent even playoff teams except for Minnesota.
And even when you rebuild enough to get to the playoffs its very hard to win a championship with 29 other teams in the league. It would have been a lot better if Magic got a star or good role players out of this deal like a Bynum or Iggy. Similar to what Utah, Denver,New orleans did the past 2 years.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 05:03 PM

I agree.

I don't know why everybody is bashing the Magic,it was clear they were going in rebuilding mode.Why trade for a maxed out Lopez and late round picks,and be a 7/8 seed for the next 5yrs.

I applaud the Magic for taking a deal that gives them mutiple draft picks,and young talent.Sure they will suck for the next 2yrs but that is what a rebuilding team is suppose to do.Who want's to be a middle of the pack team,either you are a contender or you tank so you can get talent in the draft.

sunsfan88
08-11-2012, 05:05 PM

Wow a Magic fan that's happy with this deal?

God bless you man

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:05 PM
if we dont win a championship we will be in the same boat as the other teams that dont win a championship

sixers are not even in the same breath as the brooklyn nets

You're nothing but. Teams like the 76ers have cap space to make some moves as they're not tied up in multi-year 8 digit deals with non-superstar players (other than D-Will).

Please elaborate how the Sixers are nowhere near the Nets. Last time I remember Net fans were hoping the ping-pong balls would bounce in their favor so they could keep their pick while an scrappy Sixer team that had much less talent than this year's squad was pushing the Celtics to 7 games in the ECF.

Dont give me any of that Joe Johnson bull. You guys act like he's your savior.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:06 PM

God bless you man

Some fans would rather see their go with OKC model and get some exciting high draft picks rather than be stuck in mediocrity and mid-level prospects.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I agree.

I don't know why everybody is bashing the Magic,it was clear they were going in rebuilding mode.Why trade for a maxed out Lopez and late round picks,and be a 7/8 seed for the next 5yrs.

I applaud the Magic for taking a deal that gives them mutiple draft picks,and young talent.Sure they will suck for the next 2yrs but that is what a rebuilding team is suppose to do.Who want's to be a middle of the pack team,either you are a contender or you tank so you can get talent in the draft.

This. Thank you.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
the magics werent tryna rebuild with this trade. if that was the case they would have took the rockets offer a long time ago . they just let there emotions get in the way of business and got raped

they didnt get anything from this deal but a bunch of average players and late round draft picks that are protected. even if they have a terrible season next year Its never know guarantee that u will get the draft spot you want.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 05:08 PM
You're nothing but. Teams like the 76ers have cap space to make some moves as they're not tied up in multi-year 8 digit deals with non-superstar players (other than D-Will).

Please elaborate how the Sixers are nowhere near the Nets. Last time I remember Net fans were hoping the ping-pong balls would bounce in their favor so they could keep their pick while an scrappy Sixer team that had much less talent than this year's squad was pushing the Celtics to 7 games in the ECF.

Dont give me any of that Joe Johnson bull. You guys act like he's your savior.

Added Joe Johnson,Gerald Wallace, and Lopez to last years team. Also actual depth role players on the bench.

Losoway

God bless you man

bro that dude is a idiot. he thinks magics are gonna pull the same thing okc and get superstars in the draft when he doesnt realize its not even kevin durant - westbrook worthy players in the draft :facepalm::facepalm:

AirJordanXVIII
There are usually only around 3 or 4 teams that can def have a chance at winning a championship ever year, but Nets are a lot better than they were last year. As far as your teams situation if you are rebuilding its very hard to just turn into an OKC and come out as the 2nd pick with Durant and then the next 2 years get a Westbrook and a Harden its especially hard to do. Teams like Pistons,Kings,Warriors, Minnesota have been doing the draft every year for the past 5 or so years and they arent even playoff teams except for Minnesota.
And even when you rebuild enough to get to the playoffs its very hard to win a championship with 29 other teams in the league. It would have been a lot better if Magic got a star or good role players out of this deal like a Bynum or Iggy. Similar to what Utah, Denver,New orleans did the past 2 years.

Ok.... but point is the Nets clearly are not championship material (like the Sixers), except the Nets are financially stuck that way for the 3-4 years while other teams can still improve.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Added Joe Johnson,Gerald Wallace, and Lopez to last years team. Also actual depth role players on the bench.

There's a reason Gerald Wallace and Lopez are being "added" to your team now when they were already on the team last year :eyebrow:

Losoway
08-11-2012, 05:11 PM

i dont see why your wasting your time arguing with a sixers fan that is clearly hurt his team got worst .

nets > sixers

thats all that matters :):)

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok.... but point is the Nets clearly are not championship material (like the Sixers), except the Nets are financially stuck that way for the 3-4 years while other teams can still improve.

Nets can def improve Humphries is a big expiring next year, Marshon Brooks, Tetovic,Lopez, also the draft. Dont confuse the Nets will teams like the Sixers or ATL Hawks. Nets are commited to winning they have no problem with lux tax or salary cap or doing what they need to win. Dallas always improved and were stuck in cap hell for years.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 05:13 PM
There's a reason Gerald Wallace and Lopez are being "added" to your team now when they were already on the team last year :eyebrow:

They are added to last years team because Lopez played 5 games and Wallace played 16 games half with Deron. And Wallace and Lopez never played together.

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 05:15 PM
i dont see why your wasting your time arguing with a sixers fan that is clearly hurt his team got worst .

nets > sixers

Why hasn't this bozo been banned already? All he does is troll.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:16 PM
They are added to last years team because Lopez played 5 games and Wallace played 16 games half with Deron. And Wallace and Lopez never played together.

:facepalm:Thats my point. Why did they only play 5 and 16 games...

Anyways, you can only go over the cap when you resign your own players, so unless you start finding players to take the vet. min on your team your team is your team in 3 years.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Anyways, you can only go over the cap when you resign your own players, so unless you start finding players to take the vet. min on your team your team is your team in 3 years.

Brook was injured this year because he broke his foot and it was a short season also he wanted to recover fully for free agency. Wallace was traded at the deadline in mid march.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 05:25 PM
i dont understand how threads constantly get turn into nets bashing

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Brook was injured this year because he broke his foot and it was a short season also he wanted to recover fully for free agency. Wallace was traded at the deadline in mid march.

Whoops forgot about Wallace, but honestely regardless I dont know much more I have to say it, but your team is the same team in 3 years, and you're current team aint winning the champ.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:27 PM

Maybe ridiculous statements like these bud

we are good with lopez

Vinylman
08-11-2012, 05:28 PM

The contract situation seems to be lost on Nets fans

It isn't just that they can't add quality players but that no one would trade for any of their largest 5 contracts except for Dwill who they wouldn't trade.

Let these guys troll. Once the season starts we either won't hear from them at all or they will have a litany of excuses on why the Nets suck. Either way it will be priceless :clap:

Losoway
08-11-2012, 05:28 PM

how are we not a top playoff team in the east????

we dont need howard

we have all the pieces needed to be a top contending team on the east

Losoway
08-11-2012, 05:29 PM

instead of worrying about the nets . you should be worried about the sixers and your team

i understand you feel hurt because we broke down why the sixers didnt benefit from bynum trade

but you look sad right now

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Really, you don't understand? You and DoMeFavors are the worst thing that happened to the Nets Fan base here on PSD. All you do is troll.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:31 PM
instead of worrying about the nets . you should be worried about the sixers and your team

i understand you feel hurt because we broke down why the sixers didnt benefit from bynum trade

but you look sad right now

I'm not worrying about the Nets. I'm just trying to knock some reality into you guys. You're deeply mistaken if you think the Sixers didnt benefit from the trade. You guys are just butthurt you didnt get Dwight. :cry: more.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm not worrying about the Nets. I'm just trying to knock some reality into you guys. You're deeply mistaken if you think the Sixers didnt benefit from the trade. You guys are just butthurt you didnt get Dwight. :cry: more.

honestly im really not . im happy with the nets roster and excited for the season to start . i know our potential and i cant wait

thanks for the concern tho :rolleyes:

JasonJohnHorn
08-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I still can't believe that the Magic turned down Lopez/Humph/Brooks and 4 first rounders while passing up the opprotunity to get ride of some bad contracts. That's three starters and 4 draft picks. That would have been a great start to a rebuilding project, and it would have allowed them to get rid of some bad contracts. I don't know what the Magic were thinking with this deal. If I was a Magic fan I would be so disapointed. I'd be furious as a fan. The front office was not doing their job with this deal. Denver did a far better job moving Melo than these guys have done. FAWK!!!!

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I still can't believe that the Magic turned down Lopez/Humph/Brooks and 4 first rounders while passing up the opprotunity to get ride of some bad contracts. That's three starters and 4 draft picks. That would have been a great start to a rebuilding project, and it would have allowed them to get rid of some bad contracts. I don't know what the Magic were thinking with this deal. If I was a Magic fan I would be so disapointed. I'd be furious as a fan. The front office was not doing their job with this deal. Denver did a far better job moving Melo than these guys have done. FAWK!!!!

Blowing it up and getting high draft picks > Mediocrity.

popo85
08-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Really, you don't understand? You and DoMeFavors are the worst thing that happened to the Nets Fan base here on PSD. All you do is troll.

Seriously :clap:

jimm120
08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
:facepalm:, so they didn't acquire the prospects/unprotected picks and allowed themselves to be bent over backwards and ****ed by 2 teams (LA and Denver) just because of some phone call that they believed to have occurred (yet they didn't lay charges or at least get stern to investigate)?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

OFFER A : Nets offer at summer 2011 was the worst since the 2012 draft pick would be "high" cause Dwight would play in NJ all season. Plus, no Brooks.

OFFER B : Nets offer at the Deadline: THE BEST! High draft pick in 2012. Brooks in the deal now. Lopez could be extended by Orlando (and probably lower than Max). Humph was always a 1 year deal.

OFFER C : Nets offer at the end of the season was ok. Better than OFFER A, but now they didn't have the high draft pick for 2012.

OFFER D : Houston offer, though never concrete, was still pretty good.

OFFER E : Laker offer in which Orlando gets Afflalo (centerpiece) and 3 mid/late round PRotected picks.

If ranking all of the offers....
1 - Offer B (Nets)
2 - Offer C (Nets)
3 - Offer D (Houston)
4 - Offer A (Nets)
5 - Offer E (Lakers)

And Orlando chose the worst out of all of them. Sorry, but even offer C (which "haters" say is bad) was ok because it would be ORLANDO negotiating Lopez' extension, not the Nets. I doubt Lopez gets an extension that high from a team that trades for him.

ALL of them offer rebuilding pieces. Nets offer gave more to rebuild with. NONE of those offers made the Magic "stay competitive" as a #8 seed. Maybe the houston offer, but nah.

oak2455
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM

nets > sixers

First you're sig is assclownish pretty sure Kobe has banged more woman than you which is one .... next the Sixers are clearly better than the Nets and their 22 wins :speechless:

king2218
08-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Bad way to do business. Nets offered the best package and you gotta do what's best for your team

Nets package was better than what they received now but why would you trade him to a team within the same conference and help create a super team with him and Deron williams for the next atleast 5 years? If they did that, then that Nets team would've been in the way of Orlando getting back to the finals. Makes perfect sense to trade him to a in a difference conference who happen to have an aging roster.

AirJordanXVIII
08-11-2012, 05:43 PM
OFFER A : Nets offer at summer 2011 was the worst since the 2012 draft pick would be "high" cause Dwight would play in NJ all season. Plus, no Brooks.

OFFER B : Nets offer at the Deadline: THE BEST! High draft pick in 2012. Brooks in the deal now. Lopez could be extended by Orlando (and probably lower than Max). Humph was always a 1 year deal.

OFFER C : Nets offer at the end of the season was ok. Better than OFFER A, but now they didn't have the high draft pick for 2012.

OFFER E : Laker offer in which Orlando gets Afflalo (centerpiece) and 3 mid/late round PRotected picks.

1 - Offer B (Nets)
2 - Offer C (Nets)
3 - Offer D (Houston)
4 - Offer A (Nets)
5 - Offer E (Lakers)

And Orlando chose the worst out of all of them. Sorry, but even offer C (which "haters" say is bad) was ok because it would be ORLANDO negotiating Lopez' extension, not the Nets. I doubt Lopez gets an extension that high from a team that trades for him.

ALL of them offer rebuilding pieces. Nets offer gave more to rebuild with. NONE of those offers made the Magic "stay competitive" as a #8 seed. Maybe the houston offer, but nah.

You're telling me Brooks and Brook dont make the Magic the least bit competitive? Why suck when you can suck even more, develop young players like Vucevic and Harkless AND get a higher draft pick.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 05:55 PM
The contract situation seems to be lost on Nets fans

It isn't just that they can't add quality players but that no one would trade for any of their largest 5 contracts except for Dwill who they wouldn't trade.

Let these guys troll. Once the season starts we either won't hear from them at all or they will have a litany of excuses on why the Nets suck. Either way it will be priceless :clap:

What happeneds when Nets dont suck?

Vinylman
08-11-2012, 05:57 PM

It won't matter because the earth will have already spun off it's axis :D

kenzo400
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Eh, i think they just didn't want to be decent or have the 10th pick next year, which is why they didn't take Brook and Humpries, with Marshon. The four picks would have been late anyways, and they received three in this trade. I don't know why everyone acts like they totally screwed themselves. The only thing they did miss out on is Marshon Brooks.

Tony_Starks
08-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I think it had to do less with animosity and more of they weren't that enamored with Brook Lopez. Truth be told not many people outside of Nets fans are.

Im not saying Orlando got a good deal, they royally screwed up but no way I take Lopez at the price he's getting paid. I'd rather start over (which they failed to do anyway but oh welll )

Tony_Starks
08-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Eh, i think they just didn't want to be decent or have the 10th pick next year, which is why they didn't take Brook and Humpries, with Marshon. The four picks would have been late anyways, and they received three in this trade. I don't know why everyone acts like they totally screwed themselves. The only thing they did miss out on is Marshon Brooks.

Agree completely. Marshon was the best player in that deal imo....

RLundi
08-11-2012, 06:07 PM
bro that dude is a idiot. he thinks magics are gonna pull the same thing okc and get superstars in the draft when he doesnt realize its not even kevin durant - westbrook worthy players in the draft :facepalm::facepalm:

I find it ironic you're calling anyone an idiot.

What do you think about the Miami Heats? Or the Jazzes?

RLundi
08-11-2012, 06:08 PM

You wake up from your wet dream.

TFleury14
08-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Let me just break down one thing which quite a few people arent understanding. Would you rather...

A) Get Lopez and Humphries, have an awful salary cap, possibly scrape together an 8th seed playoff seed for the next 3-5 years.

or

B) Take on low-salary role players, grab a bunch of picks, but also totally blow up like the Bobcats this year, and bring in a top 3-5 pick for the next 2 years somewhat like the Thunder did(not saying they will draft Westbrook, Durant, Harden) but something simalar to that and build a competing team with money to spare. With the team they have now, they will most likely earn a top 3-5 pick, and there are great players in this years draft like Shabazz Muhammad, Nerlens Noel, Cody Zeller etc..

And besides Lopez is soft and a horrible defender/rebounder, and that max contract is gross

BigCityofDreams
08-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Blowing it up and getting high draft picks > Mediocrity.

exactly they didn't want to compete and that was reported more than once. They had a chance to get the 2nd best center(Bynum) in the NBA and didn't want him at all. That should tell everyone how they feel.

Aust
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
The Magic are ready to tank and build themselves up through the draft. They don't want to compete for an 8th seed with Hump/Lopez and be stuck in that mediocrity zone

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
lmfao.

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2012, 08:03 PM
oh well. now that i think about it, it does make sense in their perspective. :shrug:

Losoway
08-11-2012, 08:06 PM

1 - Offer B (Nets)
2 - Offer C (Nets)
3 - Offer D (Houston)
4 - Offer A (Nets)
5 - Offer E (Lakers)

well said

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I thought Lopez and Hump suck so why would they compete for an 8th seed or even come close to the playoffs at all?