PDA

View Full Version : Prospect rankings

averymustgo
08-11-2012, 07:07 AM
I have to rank them every year because I'm amazed at the stupidity of how many of our fans rank prospects. They always rank the new draft picks higher. Absurd.

1. Kreider - Since he's never played a regular season game, I will include him. He won me over and I had some doubts.
2. McIlrath - Clarke loves him and he's never been offered in any deal. I have always felt the organization considers him untouchable.
3. Fast- He was having a tremendous year in a league vs. men before his injury. I think he's a bigger, better version of Hagelin.
4. Miller - Hopefully, he will start to turn into a bigger version of Cally. Cally played in the OHL as an overage junior so he was more AHL ready his first season.
5. Yogan - Came a long way and has NHL size. He has overcome some flukey injuries to rise up the rankings.
6. Skjei - His skating has been compared to Kreider's so I'll reach a little and rank him here despite him not playing in a real league yet.
7. Fogarty - Also has NHL size and he's going to a really good college program.
8. Lindberg- He is dominant on faceoff's and excellent defensively so he can do 2 things in the NHL on a 4th line.
9. St. Croix - 100 points in junior is 100 points in junior. It's hard to ignore. Physically needs to get much stronger.
10. Nieves - Another forward with great speed and NHL size that hasn't played against big time competition yet.
11. Thomas - I refuse to rank him in the top 10 because he was crap last year. Had a terrible camp, sulked, had a terrible start to junior. He needs to grow up physically and mentally.
12. Jean - A hunch. I think this kid might turn out to be something.
13. Hrivik - Might be a sleeper. I think his playoffs were a fluke but I might be wrong.
14. Ceresnak - Reports were that he's improved a lot on defense.
15. McColgan - He stunk last year but his team wasn't good.

Ranger71
08-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Ceresnak could surprise but I really liked the Andersson pick this year. Most people thought he had 2nd round ability going into the draft. Could be a nice consolation for losing Erixon down the line. Nieves and Skjei will be well coached in college, Fogarty as well will develop a good two-way game.

averymustgo
08-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I thought about the other two picks the organization made this year but I like to see them play another year before ranking them. The first and second round picks have a lot of talent. I wouldn't have ranked them where I did but our farm system is a little light because so many have made the jump to the pro's the past few years.

IAmARanger18
08-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Yogan is a little to high IMO, I think I would rank Skjei over him

averymustgo
08-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Yogan has had good camps with the Rangers, had a great season in juniors and didn't look out of place with the Whale. It's hard to rank a kid in Skjei who has never played in a real league over a kid who had 41 goals in juniors, is 6'3, 200 pounds and did OK so far in the AHL.