PDA

View Full Version : With This Dwight Howard Saga Over, What Do You Think of Him Now?

Nikeman
08-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Personally, I am thrilled this Dwightmare is over,

great player, amazing athlete, puts the Lakers as favorites in the West, and right with Miami, if not above them...

However, Dwight Howard the PERSON has lost all my respect, with all his antics pulled.

From the Stan Van Gundy incident, to possibly "suing Orlando" for forcing him to opt in, he lost all my respect.

Handled much worse than LeBron, but I doubt he will get any **** outside of Orlando.

bucketss
08-11-2012, 12:36 AM
still have respect for him as a player and person but i can't cheer for him anymore with him wearing purple and gold -.-

Cal827
08-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I've posted it before, but I will again:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu017fACAz1qg3a0n.jpg

GREATNESS ONE
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Let's watch !!!! :)

LA_Raiders
08-11-2012, 12:59 AM
We dont know what was the deal between him and Orlando... At least Orlando got something.... not like LeFlop...

He is a Laker thats all I care....

StarvingKnick22
08-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Well, I've actually enjoyed dwightmare. without it, what would make the NBA Offseason of 2012 so great? We are living in historical moments we can tell or granchildren about in the future... Like the Kareem trade, the Kobe trade, Shaq to lakers, the draft of 03. all these moments will be looked back at, and it be ones that only personal expiriences can be explained.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 01:05 AM
This Dwight hate is pathetic look at what so many of these ego stars have done over the past 10 years.

From Shaq, Lebron,Kobe,Melo,Deron, Artest

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-11-2012, 02:07 AM
I think he's a swell fella. ;)

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 02:10 AM
All these LA fans gonna jump all over his jock now....-___- the same ones that were upset he wanted to be a Net... lmao jokes

and as for Dwight, he is the biggest baby and attention whore of the NBA....

Aust
08-11-2012, 02:12 AM
I think he's going to have to make up for this ****, even if it all wasn't his fault.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-11-2012, 02:20 AM
I think somehow, some way, this isnt over yet.

gcoll
08-11-2012, 02:37 AM
I think he's not funny. People always talk about how funny he is. He's not.

Professional athletes are like hot chicks. If they say something even remotely amusing, everyone pretends they're hilarious. But they're ****ing not.

kylem4711
08-11-2012, 02:42 AM
he is a baby so i'm glad he ended up on the lakers. he will fit in well.

DreamShaker
08-11-2012, 02:49 AM
He has not done much for his public image, but if he wins a ring or two, everyone will start to forget. This was nowhere near as bad as Kobe's trade demands a few years back. That will be a mere footnote, if that, in his legacy.

sunsfan88
08-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Definitely hate him. He's a thug as a player. He bailed on a kids charity program, single handedly got his HC and GM fired, "injured" in the playoffs, opts in then demands trade after, etc"

All I can say is that Nash deserves better.

Houston_Heat
08-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Magic never put good people around him so I cant blame him for leaving. I think its obvious how horrible he handled the situation, and think hes a child for crying over his bad decision to opt in like he didnt make that choice. Orlando made him the franchise, and he spit in their face. At the end of the day, its all just greedy business.

SugeKnight
08-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I agree 100% with the op

GREATNESS ONE
08-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Definitely hate him. He's a thug as a player. He bailed on a kids charity program, single handedly got his HC and GM fired, "injured" in the playoffs, opts in then demands trade after, etc"

All I can say is that Nash deserves better.

:eyebrow: then a legit shot at a title and his first championship?

Whomewhome
08-11-2012, 03:07 AM
I feel sorry for him. This is why at least 1 year of college helps

justjames
08-11-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm happy to have him on the team but he could have handled all of this much better.

Avenged
08-11-2012, 03:34 AM
All these LA fans gonna jump all over his jock now....-___- the same ones that were upset he wanted to be a Net... lmao jokes

Of course. He's a Laker. What do you want us to do, boo him? He alone improved our chances at a ring.

Steelers23_06
08-11-2012, 03:38 AM
douche. worst departure from a team in my generation make lebron and melos departures look like a class act

bigsams50
08-11-2012, 04:42 AM
He's a cry baby. If he wanted to be a free agent, then he shouldnt have opted in. He opted in, and still couldnt man up to the contract smh

JasonJohnHorn
08-11-2012, 04:46 AM
I think Brown is going to give dwight more shots than his limitted offensive skills warrant. We will see the Dwight is a great defender and rebounder, and average offensive player at best!

Nash and Gasol should be running the pick and roll.

KB24PG16
08-11-2012, 05:03 AM
hes still a douche for what he did with orlando that being said im still glad hes in la but hopefully he puts all that divaness behind him and just plays now

NBA-GMaster
08-11-2012, 06:26 AM
IDC!! I hope there are teams who could teach Dwight a lesson for asking a trade to LA or even to Brooklyn.. Just like what happen to Lakers when Pistons beat them at the Playoffs..

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Of course. He's a Laker. What do you want us to do, boo him? He alone improved our chances at a ring.

Honestly I dont see him doing much more than Bynum, he put up great numbers because he was the alone man at Orlando, he is better but not by how much you Laker fans think, and naa you can root for him but it shows how Laker fans really are, other than being fake, you guys flip flop a lot

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 06:37 AM
hes still a douche for what he did with orlando that being said im still glad hes in la but hopefully he puts all that divaness behind him and just plays now

He isn't healthy to play yet, they said Christmas Day seems like a reasonable time

BALLER R
08-11-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm with Dwight. Look how this played out. Their management seem like their stupid. They got rid of a proven coach. Got rid of their GM. Gets a new one that they can control. Don't even get bynum or Gasol. Did not get the best deal available for Dwight in my opinion. I think Dwight just seemed to be the bad guy but he really wasn't. What the management side to all of this.

ESaady
08-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Puts my Warriors into more oblivion if that makes sense. It just sucks that the rich get richer while teams like the Warriors can't even make it to the playoffs let alone win 30 games. :sigh:

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Puts my Warriors into more oblivion if that makes sense. It just sucks that the rich get richer while teams like the Warriors can't even make it to the playoffs let alone win 30 games. :sigh:

It is unfortunate

BSardogan
08-11-2012, 07:13 AM
I think somehow, some way, this isnt over yet.

Dwight suing the Lakers for not giving him Wilt's retired #13 jersey...? :clap:

bigsams50
08-11-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm with Dwight. Look how this played out. Their management seem like their stupid. They got rid of a proven coach. Got rid of their GM. Gets a new one that they can control. Don't even get bynum or Gasol. Did not get the best deal available for Dwight in my opinion. I think Dwight just seemed to be the bad guy but he really wasn't. What the management side to all of this.

Dwight wanted Stan gone. And how isnt he the bad guy? He was the one giving out lists about teams he wants to be traded for. He's the one that opted in only to demand a trade again.

SteBO
08-11-2012, 07:46 AM
As much as I'd like to delv into this, I find it hard to. Part of me wants to sympathize with Laker fans because I know they're possibly about to go through what Heat fans did in 2010-2011.

All I will say is that Dwight did act like the biggest diva in the NBA to date, and while Orlando didn't handle it well either, Dwight took it to disgraceful levels w/ all the events we all know well and good about. Just don't expect Laker fans to acknowledge this to the fullest, much like how Miami fans didnt w/ regards to LeBron a couple years ago, even though what LeBron did was pretty much harmless regardless of what anyone else says.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Dwight handled this situation bad,but deep down the guy is a fun loving guy at heart.He was like a big kid at the press conference,later we will know what really happened between him and Orlando.To me he just wanted out of Orlando to win the Magic franchise didn't ever pair him with a legit superstar.How can you hate a guy with a big smile who only wanted to compete for championships?

Jarvo
08-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Lakers fans love him lol, Me I just think he's a ***** and for people to say "oh no we don't know what he was put through in Orlando" that's bs. He made them lose a good coach and had them in limbo because he switched up to stay and then don't. It was a ***** move and he's a ***** way worse then what Lebron did.

Iceman_9
08-11-2012, 10:31 AM
let us not forget what made dwight act that way to the front office of the orlando. remember what happened when he allegedly wanted van gundy fired? given that it was true, but why did stan know about it? wasnt it supposed to be between d12 and the FO? their FO did not handle the situation they way they should have handled.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Dwight killed his image as one of the nice guys of the NBA, a team player so to speak. He flat out lied to the media, his teammates, his fans, everyone. He held his team hostage. Obviously the media circus didn't help the issue, everyone and their mother got so sick of this process. I do find it ironic that so many that were crapping all over LeBron for simply fulfilling his contract and leaving in free agency (happens every year countless times), are not crapping on Dwight twice as hard. Forget the decision, that may have been stupid, but had zero affect on what actually happened. LeBron left in free agency, a free man, yet was **** on by so many of you. You better be doing the same to Dwight, who held his team hostage, got his coach and GM fired, and left Orlando to start all over with angry fans, and a litter of crappy players and protected picks.

I really can't stand Dwight anymore, him being a member of my most hated team amplifying that. If the Lakers win the title, it will be interesting to see if you same babies that try and give an * next to LeBron's ring for teaming up with Wade/Bosh, do the same thing for Dwight teaming up with Kobe/Gasol/Nash. I doubt that happens, the NBA forum is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 11:06 AM
LMAO at Laker fans here. Are you kidding me? You smashed all over LeBron and are now giving Dwight a free pass for doing worse. Come up with whatever attempted differences you percieve. You are a full on hypocrite if you aren't smashing on the guy.

SteBO
08-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Like I stated in my earlier post, the irony of this thread just amazes me to no end at all.

Raidaz4Life
08-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I used to love Dwight Howard... he was one of those players that made the NBA fun. But last year ruined Dwight for me. He showed he is selfish and immature, destroying ties with a good fanbase that adored him all because he wanted to play in Brooklyn. He disrespected the Magic franchise and the NBA as a whole. It will forever be one of the black marks on the NBA, same as the Lebron free agency fiasco.

That being said I will still hope he helps bring the Lakers a title, and cheer for him on the basketball court because he represents my team. I will not however say I am a fan of him as a person or have any respect for him as an individual.

Avenged
08-11-2012, 11:15 AM
LMAO at Laker fans here. Are you kidding me? You smashed all over LeBron and are now giving Dwight a free pass for doing worse. Come up with whatever attempted differences you percieve. You are a full on hypocrite if you aren't smashing on the guy.

Lol get over it. We aren't about to bash a player on our own team like that. Do some of think Dwight was a diva in all this? Sure, of course. His image has been tainted but at the end of the day us Laker fans have to support him now. Seriously, what's so wrong about having our moment. Us Laker fans are excited about this.

Avenged
08-11-2012, 11:18 AM
I used to love Dwight Howard... he was one of those players that made the NBA fun. But last year ruined Dwight for me. He showed he is selfish and immature, destroying ties with a good fanbase that adored him all because he wanted to play in Brooklyn. He disrespected the Magic franchise and the NBA as a whole. It will forever be one of the black marks on the NBA, same as the Lebron free agency fiasco.

That being said I will still hope he helps bring the Lakers a title, and cheer for him on the basketball court because he represents my team. I will not however say I am a fan of him as a person or have any respect for him as an individual.

Exactly this.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 11:19 AM

Uh Heat fans didn't bash Lebron,so why should LA fans bash Dwight?

Also why do you hate the Lakers so much?

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Lol get over it. We aren't about to bash a player on our own team like that. Do some of think Dwight was a diva in all this? Sure, of course. His image has been tainted but at the end of the day us Laker fans have to support him now. Seriously, what's so wrong about having our moment. Us Laker fans are excited about this.

Like I said, pure hypocrisy. So many fans **** all over Heat fans, and LeBron, for leaving in UNRESTRICTED free agency. Yet its all good that your boy held his team hostage, and got his coach and GM canned.

I am over it. I am just observing this with humor. It's hilarious to me honestly.

Sports fans: Where it's only ok if it benefits me...

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Uh Heat fans didn't bash Lebron,so why should LA fans bash Dwight?

Also why do you hate the Lakers so much?

Why should they bash LeBron? He left in unrestricted free agency. Happens multiple times a summer.

Haven't liked them since 1984, don't like Kobe, and can't stand the majority of their fans.

Raidaz4Life
08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Like I said, pure hypocrisy. So many fans **** all over Heat fans, and LeBron, for leaving in UNRESTRICTED free agency. Yet its all good that your boy held his team hostage, and got his coach and GM canned.

I am over it. I am just observing this with humor. It's hilarious to me honestly.

Sports fans: Where it's only ok if it benefits me...

In all fairness, I share your same frustration. Lakers fan's lack of class through this whole ordeal makes it even more ugly.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 11:25 AM
In all fairness, I share your same frustration. Lakers fan's lack of class through this whole ordeal makes it even more ugly.

I have respect for a handful of Laker fans here for sure, but even some of them are acting like children. Whatever.

Mr. Baller
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Dwight killed his image as one of the nice guys of the NBA, a team player so to speak. He flat out lied to the media, his teammates, his fans, everyone. He held his team hostage. Obviously the media circus didn't help the issue, everyone and their mother got so sick of this process. I do find it ironic that so many that were crapping all over LeBron for simply fulfilling his contract and leaving in free agency (happens every year countless times), are not crapping on Dwight twice as hard. Forget the decision, that may have been stupid, but had zero affect on what actually happened. LeBron left in free agency, a free man, yet was **** on by so many of you. You better be doing the same to Dwight, who held his team hostage, got his coach and GM fired, and left Orlando to start all over with angry fans, and a litter of crappy players and protected picks.

I really can't stand Dwight anymore, him being a member of my most hated team amplifying that. If the Lakers win the title, it will be interesting to see if you same babies that try and give an * next to LeBron's ring for teaming up with Wade/Bosh, do the same thing for Dwight teaming up with Kobe/Gasol/Nash. I doubt that happens, the NBA forum is the epitome of hypocrisy.

This this this this this x1000000000000000000000000000000000000. It is an absolute joke that being hate LBJ for handling everything right up until he went on TV to announce his decision, while Dwight did everything wrong. But since he is a precious Laker and this will help Kobe get a 7th ring while LeBron was trying to get his 1st, he will get away with it.

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 11:32 AM
If dwight tries to be a funny clown to win his fans back i dont see how thats going to mesh well with the serious attitude of kobe and the lakers. Only way to restore his image is to win a championship now.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Why should they bash LeBron? He left in unrestricted free agency. Happens multiple times a summer.

Haven't liked them since 1984, don't like Kobe, and can't stand the majority of their fans.

They bashed Lebron because he left them for nothing on Nat'l tv,at least Dwight told Orlando he was leaving so they could get something in return.I agree Dwight handled his situation worse than Lebron,even ESPN agreed that Dwight was worse than Lebron.The reason Lebron recieved more backlash is because he is a global icon and has been in the Nat'l spotlight since High School,Dwight is not a global icon like Lebron so he isn't going to recieve the amount of attention like Lebron,therefore he want get as much hate towards him.

I guarantee if Lebron/Dwight went to Minnesota you would be cheering for them hard like the Heat/Lakers fans are right now.

Mr. Baller
08-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Dwight didn't tell Orland he was leaving, he forced his way out after he CHOSE to OPT IN to his contract. He got SVG and Otis fired, he basically held the entire organization hostage until he got what he wanted while under contract. LeBron fulfilled his obligations to the Cavs and went to the team he felt was best for him. Dwight just did whatever he could to leave Orlando and get to one or two teams he wanted making it even harder for Orlando to get the best deal possible.

SteBO
08-11-2012, 11:45 AM
They bashed Lebron because he left them for nothing on Nat'l tv,at least Dwight told Orlando he was leaving so they could get something in return. I agree Dwight handled his situation worse than Lebron,even ESPN agreed that Dwight was worse than Lebron.The reason Lebron recieved more backlash is because he is a global icon and has been in the Nat'l spotlight since High School,Dwight is not a global icon like Lebron so he isn't going to recieve the amount of attention like Lebron,therefore he want get as much hate towards him.

I guarantee if Lebron/Dwight went to Minnesota you would be cheering for them hard like the Heat/Lakers fans are right now.
I've come to grips with your post with the exception of the bolded. I'm tired of people using this "at least he told ORL what his plans were" crutch. First of all, he didn't and secondly; Who cares? Reality is he acted like a petulant child and held his team hostage while under contract as compared to a guy who honored his contract and left in FA. The fact that we're even comparing both situations here is a complete joke.

NYtilIdie
08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Laker fans already have Dwight's dick down their mouth after bashing numerous times in the last few months when it was rumored he was going to Brooklyn. He was a clown, a douche and many other things but now its "hey who cares?"

Gosh the double standard on this site just pisses me the ***k off.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I've come to grips with your post with the exception of the bolded. I'm tired of people using this "at least he told ORL what his plans were" crutch. First of all, he didn't and secondly; Who cares? Reality is he acted like a petulant child and held his team hostage while under contract as compared to a guy who honored his contract and left in FA. The fact that we're even comparing both situations here is a complete joke.

How did Dwight hold Orlando hostage?

The Magic had all the power he opted in,they could have traded him to any team they wanted instead they traded him to LA for a bad deal.They could have made a deal with Houston but chose not to.

Mr. Baller
08-11-2012, 11:51 AM

The Magic had all the power he opted in,they could have traded him to any team they wanted instead they traded him to LA for a bad deal.They could have made a deal with Houston but chose not to.

No team is gonna trade for a guy that doesn't want to be there, after seeing what he did to a team that he didn't want to play for.

NYtilIdie
08-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Or he could've avoided all of this and just opted out, but that would take all the attention off him and lord knows we wouldn't want that to happen now would we?

SteBO
08-11-2012, 11:56 AM

He opted in, and then proceeded to ***** and moan, and threatened to sue the Front Office or something along those lines. If he wasn't sure about it, he shouldn't have opted in. No excuses for the dog and pony show he displayed these past few months. None.

Puck017
08-11-2012, 12:01 PM
He's sorta tall, has hair, and wears t-shirts sometimes. He also likes to be close to amusement parks.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 12:17 PM
They bashed Lebron because he left them for nothing on Nat'l tv,at least Dwight told Orlando he was leaving so they could get something in return.I agree Dwight handled his situation worse than Lebron,even ESPN agreed that Dwight was worse than Lebron.The reason Lebron recieved more backlash is because he is a global icon and has been in the Nat'l spotlight since High School,Dwight is not a global icon like Lebron so he isn't going to recieve the amount of attention like Lebron,therefore he want get as much hate towards him.

The decision was a stupid mistake, but it had no affect on the situation. Amare did the same thing, but left quietly. LeBron is the most polarizing athlete right now, and made a poor decision. He still did things the right way, it's your deal if his live broadcast made YOU upset. He didn't hold a team hostage, get his coach and GM fired, and drag out a year long lie-fest.

I would cheer for them, but I would still call them out if they went to Minnesota. It's called being a fair fan. Not much of that around here. Honestly, for what it would have taken to get Dwight (Love plus more), I said no thanks. I don't want that baby around. I also love when someone tries to pull that angle haha. LeBron? Would have been unreal happy, because I don't think he did anything wrong leaving in UNRESTRICTED free agency.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
The countless examples of double standards always makes me laugh.

SwatTeam
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Hawkeye, I agree with you on the hypocrisy angle. Honestly though, what did you expect? I knew lakers fans would react this way but I can't blame them, they're still caught up in their new 2 year window to win a ring - because we all know they have to blow it back up after Nash's back blows out, Kobe's knees can't handle all the PRP being dumped into it, Dwight being a baby, and MWP decides to retire to become a motivational speaker ala Tony Robbins.

Back to my point, Hawkeye, stop wasting your time. Let the laker fans enjoy, hypocrisy and all. Nothing you say will change their minds. What's the point? Besides, the Orlando Magic are the real idiots here. That's what everyone should be upset about. Those guys are morons. The lakers FO aren't smart as much as they like taking advantage of idiots in the NBA. They've duped the Magic FO twice, taken advantage of the dumb Memphis FO, etc. etc. But I don't blame the Lakers FO, however I don't praise anyone who takes advantage of retards, it's just wrong. Heard that Mitch and Jerry, it's wrong.

aztr0
08-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Stupid. He never should've opted in.

MonroeFAN
08-11-2012, 01:27 PM
I have nothing but respect for him, who wants to rot in Orlando?

GREATNESS ONE
08-11-2012, 01:31 PM
:laugh2:

Jamiecballer
08-11-2012, 01:39 PM
he's still a giant asshat in my eyes. he will never get the same respect from most fans that he once commanded.

Puck017
08-11-2012, 02:12 PM
The decision was a stupid mistake, but it had no affect on the situation. Amare did the same thing, but left quietly. LeBron is the most polarizing athlete right now, and made a poor decision. He still did things the right way, it's your deal if his live broadcast made YOU upset. He didn't hold a team hostage, get his coach and GM fired, and drag out a year long lie-fest.

I would cheer for them, but I would still call them out if they went to Minnesota. It's called being a fair fan. Not much of that around here. Honestly, for what it would have taken to get Dwight (Love plus more), I said no thanks. I don't want that baby around. I also love when someone tries to pull that angle haha. LeBron? Would have been unreal happy, because I don't think he did anything wrong leaving in UNRESTRICTED free agency.

Being a fan is all about being biased. I pity the fool that takes the errand of being a "fair fan".

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Being a fan is all about being biased. I pity the fool that takes the errand of being a "fair fan".

I tend to pity the irrational.

JordansBulls
08-11-2012, 02:57 PM
That if he was a true superstar he would have gone somewhere to play with stars that have not won a title yet. It's not like he is old, he is in his prime.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
That if he was a true superstar he would have gone somewhere to play with stars that have not won a title yet. It's not like he is old, he is in his prime.

that makes zero sense. Why do you put forth all these crazy stipulations on how we should determine one's success and failures, depending where they go in FA or trades?

BobbyHillSwag
08-11-2012, 03:29 PM
there's a lot of haters in here. I dont even like the lakers but damn some of yall hating hard as hell on them. They will definitely be a top 3 team in the league no doubt about it.

dtmagnet
08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
He's a *******.

beliges
08-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Lebron perfected this trend. I would tend to agree that a superstar joining another superstar's team in order to win an easier title takes away from your accomplishment. However with that said, I see Dwight as more of a role player in the sent that hes not someone that can lead a team offensively to a title. He needs to rely on other players. His offensive game is not dominant. His greatest asset is rebounding and anchoring the paint on defense.

Nonetheless however, at the very least, this move by Dwight balances the powers of the NBA. Now, at least the Lakers have the talent to matchup with Miami's. No team in the league stood much of a chance against Miami's talent. Now, the Lakers do. Cant really blame Dwight for that. Hes not winning a title without a player like Kobe leading the way for him.

dtmagnet
08-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Dwight handled this situation bad,but deep down the guy is a fun loving guy at heart.He was like a big kid at the press conference,later we will know what really happened between him and Orlando.To me he just wanted out of Orlando to win the Magic franchise didn't ever pair him with a legit superstar.How can you hate a guy with a big smile who only wanted to compete for championships?

If Dwight murdered someone you'd still be in here defending him, pathetic.

beliges
08-11-2012, 03:47 PM
If Dwight murdered someone you'd still be in here defending him, pathetic.

I mean what did you expect him to do. He could have handled the situation much worse, a la Lebron. He told his team what his true intentions were and he never faltered from his word. I think people are mad that he wanted out of his team and that he joined the Lakers. However, he gave the Magic ample time to get players back for him.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Lebron perfected this trend. I would tend to agree that a superstar joining another superstar's team in order to win an easier title takes away from your accomplishment.

But it's loyalty when a player is instead drafted into the best run sports organization of the past 30 years, right?

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Honestly, people are so funny to me. Some of you need a player to win a ring in order to be one of the greats. BUT, if he was drafted to a ****** team that never gave him roster support for his first 4-7 years there, and he leaves in free agency, he now has a blemish. That is where you lose me. So let me ask you this: If LeBron would have stayed in Cleveland, and that inept office never gave him the roster support to win a ring, would you rate him higher than a LeBron who leaves via free agency and wins a couple titles?

You can't have it both ways guys. You choose how to rate a player, and it also goes beyond that. I puke in my mouth a little when I read people state Magic, Michael, Larry, Kobe, and Tim are "loyal", and didn't go elsewhere to win a title. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, THEY DIDN'T NEED TO, they were drafted into teams that routinely gave them championship help.

Figure out how YOU evaluate players, and quit flipping your stance depending on the player.

beliges
08-11-2012, 04:06 PM
But it's loyalty when a player is instead drafted into the best run sports organization of the past 30 years, right?

There were plenty of times the Lakers had one of the worst rosters in the league. Kobe never left. The reason why the Lakers are the best run organization is because they draft guys like Shaq and Kobe. The reason why they have been more successful than any other team since the MJ era is because they had a guy named Kobe on their team. They have been able to completely rebuild the entire team around Kobe two times, and twice they delivered a title. This is the third time the team has been completely rebuilt around Kobe. If you have a player of Kobe's caliber, it becomes much easier to build championship teams around him.

And like I said, at least Dwight told his team of his true intentions as opposed to leaving them high and dry.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 04:10 PM
There were plenty of times the Lakers had one of the worst rosters in the league. Kobe never left. The reason why the Lakers are the best run organization is because they draft guys like Shaq and Kobe. The reason why they have been more successful than any other team since the MJ era is because they had a guy named Kobe on their team. They have been able to completely rebuild the entire team around Kobe two times, and twice they delivered a title. This is the third time the team has been completely rebuilt around Kobe. If you have a player of Kobe's caliber, it becomes much easier to build championship teams around him.

And like I said, at least Dwight told his team of his true intentions as opposed to leaving them high and dry.

I stopped right here. Amazing.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-11-2012, 04:13 PM

lol. Only for one season that was really the case.

Anyways I hated him before and I hate him even more. I also find the hypocrisy in this thread quite amusing.

Puck017
08-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Honestly, people are so funny to me. Some of you need a player to win a ring in order to be one of the greats. BUT, if he was drafted to a ****** team that never gave him roster support for his first 4-7 years there, and he leaves in free agency, he now has a blemish. That is where you lose me. So let me ask you this: If LeBron would have stayed in Cleveland, and that inept office never gave him the roster support to win a ring, would you rate him higher than a LeBron who leaves via free agency and wins a couple titles?

You can't have it both ways guys. You choose how to rate a player, and it also goes beyond that. I puke in my mouth a little when I read people state Magic, Michael, Larry, Kobe, and Tim are "loyal", and didn't go elsewhere to win a title. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, THEY DIDN'T NEED TO, they were drafted into teams that routinely gave them championship help.

Figure out how YOU evaluate players, and quit flipping your stance depending on the player.

Word.

Sssmush
08-11-2012, 04:16 PM
He has a lot of charm and charisma

JayW_1023
08-11-2012, 04:17 PM
I think he will be exposed. He will struggle at first because he had to rehab from a back injury.

I'm pretty sure that restricted him from lifting weights and such as well.

Jenceman
08-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Get over yourself. Most Laker fans have smashed on the guy. Of course what he did was worse than Lebron, but thankfully its over now. What, I can't be excited about the season because there is a new diva on the team. Please. I hate how Howard did this whole siuation, but now the Lakers are basically the favorites out west.

**** off if you think I can't be excited. It's not I'm some huge Lebron hater either.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Get over yourself. Most Laker fans have smashed on the guy. Of course what he did was worse than Lebron, but thankfully its over now. What, I can't be excited about the season because there is a new diva on the team. Please. I hate how Howard did this whole siuation, but now the Lakers are basically the favorites out west.

**** off if you think I can't be excited. It's not I'm some huge Lebron hater either.

Sorry, I find it hypocrisy. Nothing will change that. You can still be excited about having him, but at least pony up and tell it how it is, and that means admitting Dwight was the biggest baby in the NBA the last year. I wouldn't expect Laker fans to not embrace him, nor shouldn't they. I just find it hilarious that all of a sudden, "who cares, he is a Laker"....with a dancing icon across the screen, is totally immature considering most the Laker fans, and fans in general crapped all over LeBron for doing something that isn't even as bad as the Dwight saga.

Why would you tell me to **** off? Why attempt to provide a rational statement and finish it with that?

#Shumpert Up
08-11-2012, 05:03 PM

They missed the playoffs what ONCE in the last 10+ years? :facepalm:

MetroMan
08-11-2012, 05:13 PM
dwight, MetroMan approves

Captain Moroni
08-11-2012, 05:16 PM
He is a baby. That's exactly how I feel about him. And it's not over....he is a free agent a years end.

Tony_Starks
08-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I feel the same way that he is immature and has the wrong people handling him. Just like I felt when Lebron let his people convince him to do the decision.

This way waaaaaaay worse because all of the flipflopping he did but what do you expect he's basically a big kid. At the end of the day if he wins most fans will get over it........ Outside of Orlando of course.

C-Style
08-11-2012, 06:59 PM
At least he wanted his old team walk away with something. He could have just walked

MVPKOBE43
08-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Well, I've actually enjoyed dwightmare. without it, what would make the NBA Offseason of 2012 so great? We are living in historical moments we can tell or granchildren about in the future... Like the Kareem trade, the Kobe trade, Shaq to lakers, the draft of 03. all these moments will be looked back at, and it be ones that only personal expiriences can be explained.

You see. This guy obviously is not a hater. Im just glad it lasted long enough to get me to football season. woohoo!:D

bucketss
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM

yep, than kobe demanded a trade and lakers pulled pau gasol out of a hat. how many teams can do that?

_KB24_
08-11-2012, 08:51 PM

Thats the only thing I have an issue with what you've said in this entire thread. Don't want to dig to deep into it and tread off topic but I completely agree with your stance on the Dwight soap opera. It was a gong show and childish, call a spade a spade fellas.

Sssmush
08-12-2012, 04:25 AM
yeah, how is it worse than Lebron? He didn't pwn Orlando on live TV in "the Decision."

Also, Orlando got 6 players and 5 picks. AND Orlando got to make the decision and pick the trade they wanted.

Dwight didn't "do" anything to Orlando, much less anything like what Lebron did to Cleveland.

Aphillyated
08-12-2012, 04:37 AM
dwight howard=biggest douche in the nba

GREATNESS ONE
08-12-2012, 05:10 AM
:dance:

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Now that he is a Laker I think he is a great guy.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 05:28 AM
lol. Only for one season that was really the case.

Anyways I hated him before and I hate him even more. I also find the hypocrisy in this thread quite amusing.

Hypocrisy is never amusing. Never.

Aust
08-12-2012, 05:42 AM

I hope that is sarcasm

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 05:49 AM
I hope that is sarcasm

I'm simply amusing myself. However, so what whether I liked him before or after I don't know why that would matter to anyone. I hated Malone before he joined the Lakers but once Magic welcomed him to the Lakers so did I.

Raidaz4Life
08-12-2012, 06:12 AM

Hypocrisy is never amusing. Never.

:eyebrow:

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 06:21 AM

I know, it's just terrible that I liked him or didn't like him before he became a Laker.

naps
08-12-2012, 06:48 AM

Word. Exactly what I would write.

We are seeing double standard at its finest.

Sssmush
08-12-2012, 07:07 AM

seriously... he was imitating Kobe... that was funny. I didn't know this guy had so much personality. Maybe he was just unhappy in Orlando.

It's all good in Hollywood

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 08:02 AM
seriously... he was imitating Kobe... that was funny. I didn't know this guy had so much personality. Maybe he was just unhappy in Orlando.

It's all good in Hollywood

For the record I thought he was a cool dude before not that matters. I don't know why people take these forums so damn seriously.

SteBO
08-12-2012, 08:12 AM
For the record I thought he was a cool dude before not that matters. I don't know why people take these forums so damn seriously.
That's not the point. People are sick of the double-standards not only in this thread, but on this forum in general.

chrism8188
08-12-2012, 08:24 AM
i jus wana see him play, and play well is all i ask

Kinkotheclown
08-12-2012, 08:24 AM
He's a spoiled, pouty, Queeny arse hole

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 09:03 AM
That's not the point. People are sick of the double-standards not only in this thread, but on this forum in general.

Honestly I don't even know what dbl standard you all are talking about. All I know is that there is a gold medal game on in a couple hours and I'm psyched.

tredigs
08-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Honestly I don't even know what dbl standard you all are talking about. All I know is that there is a gold medal game on in a couple hours and I'm psyched.

49 minutes, don't miss it.

As for Dwight - he's just an immature dude and generally annoying presence. Not much else to say.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 09:13 AM
49 minutes, don't miss it.

PST?

Hooray thanks.

Who needs sleep?

Jarvo
08-12-2012, 09:17 AM
At least he wanted his old team walk away with something. He could have just walked

With the players they got, You called that walking away with something? You have the best player in the trade and somehow you manage to get ****ed by getting the worse players back.

kobebabe
08-12-2012, 09:20 AM
He got a lot of criticism from everyone including myself from how he handled the whole thing but right now he is a laker and that's all i care about!!

SteBO
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Read the thread to it's entirety and you'll see. A lot have referenced it.

But I agree with your last sentence. I'm just as psyched as you are. I hope Kobe has a good game. It's only fitting in my opinion.

Jarvo
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
yeah, how is it worse than Lebron? He didn't pwn Orlando on live TV in "the Decision."

Also, Orlando got 6 players and 5 picks. AND Orlando got to make the decision and pick the trade they wanted.

Dwight didn't "do" anything to Orlando, much less anything like what Lebron did to Cleveland.

Umm way worse? Dwight got the Coach & GM fired, Said he wants to return to Orlando then change his mind 283838828 times, saying he was pressured into signing back with the Magic :faceplam: and wanted to sue them *something like that* at the end of the day only thing Lebron did wrong was go on tv to say where he was playing, Dwight did it in a dirty way by first saying he wants to stay and then no while getting a coach and gm fired.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 09:31 AM

But I agree with your last sentence. I'm just as psyched as you are. I hope Kobe has a good game. It's only fitting in my opinion.

Ok cool. I say we all call a cease fire until after the gold medal game and after the game everyone goes back to lobbing grenades if it floats their boat.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 09:35 AM

That would be nice considering it's probably the old guys last Olympics (As a player ;)).

SteBO
08-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Ok cool. I say we all call a cease fire until after the gold medal game and after the game everyone goes back to lobbing grenades if it floats their boat.
:nod:

debd2k
08-12-2012, 09:45 AM
dh12 is great and great to leave the team with when kb24 retires.

not everything is his fault, the past 2 contracts of dh12's was given promises and never did get his team better.

dh12 is learning and growing and maturing, andrew never even tried to be "all he could"

pple should get over it and wish the lakers a great run with this team : )

kb24 never sold out the lakers, never sniveled over needing more talent or he won't play.

KOBE IS A WARRIOR AND DWIGHT WILL BE TOO. AND PAU, METTA, NASH, BLAKE, JODIE AND JORDAN.

KOBE GAVE HIS ALL TO THE LAKERS :o

3ballbomber
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Umm way worse? Dwight got the Coach & GM fired, Said he wants to return to Orlando then change his mind 283838828 times, saying he was pressured into signing back with the Magic :faceplam: and wanted to sue them *something like that* at the end of the day only thing Lebron did wrong was go on tv to say where he was playing, Dwight did it in a dirty way by first saying he wants to stay and then no while getting a coach and gm fired.
thank goodness this is not common perception.

AlmostThere
08-12-2012, 10:20 AM

The Magic got 5 more players and many more options than Cleveland did. Lebron never warned Cleveland he was leaving. He promised them a championship and left them to rot. They went from being in the Finals and then the conference finals and having the improving LeBron for two seasons to having 19 wins. They are lucky that they got Kyrie Irving. At least Dwight told them at some point that he intended to leave. If they didn't make a trade he would have left in free agency and would have also left the Magic to rot. It would be completely ******** for the Magic not to give him a trade. This a opportunity the Cavs didn't have. And lets not forget that Dwight was not the only person to get his coach fired whether it was intention or not. Didn't Dantoni get fired in New York too? Coaches get fired. So what. I personally wouldn't have minded keeping Bynum but i can't control trades. Both of them are risky and have flaws. Only improvement at the center i see for the Lakers that is obvious is on the defensive end. I'm just glad they got Nash. Ill still root for my home team,Lakers,and for the Bulls out in the east.

Byronicle
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
at least he made his intentions known

for anyone thinking there was a chance that he stayed because he decided to op in were being naive

and at least he didn't make some stupid 1hr long program on his decision

at least he got the Magic back pieces instead of absolutely nothing

Magic GM was actually doing the worst moves to keep Dwight.

SportsAndrew25
08-12-2012, 11:30 AM
What Dwight did here was WAY WORSE than Lebron. Dwight Howard demanded that his coach and GM be fired as a precondition to stay and HE STILL LEFT!!!!! :facepalm: :pity:

AlmostThere
08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
What Dwight did here was WAY WORSE than Lebron. Dwight Howard demanded that his coach and GM be fired as a precondition to stay and HE STILL LEFT!!!!! :facepalm: :pity:

They didn't bring him any help so regardless he would have left whether they would have fired them or not. Just like LeBron left because he didn't have enough help. At least you Orlando fans knew in the back of their mind that Howard wanted to leave. Cleveland fans saw their team have 66 win record, and next season they had 16. No warning at all. Overnight they went from being contenders for a championship to being a W for almost everyteam that faced them. The Magic have enough talent to win at least 30 games. They also got rid of some bad contracts. If anyone is to blame for Howard leaving its the Magic Organization for letting it get to the this point. Hes been asking for help since the Magic lost to the Lakers in the finals back in 08.

You also have to look at it from Howard's perspective, it must be tough being in the same division as the Miami Heat and having no star on your team besides yourself while your main competition in your division has 3 all star players.

Big Zo
08-12-2012, 12:20 PM

for anyone thinking there was a chance that he stayed because he decided to op in were being naive

Dwight got his coach fired, made life a living hell for his teammates, and organization, and didn't stay for the duration of his contract. Much worse than LeBron.

CoffeeJanitor
08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Best Center

Not Funny

Is a selfish moron

mngopher35
08-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Dwight got a coach and gm fired just to demand a trade to his preferred teams anyway. Lebron had an hour long special and thats worse? Dwight had a year long special where he flip flopped his wants and demands, while making his teams organization look like a joke. Anyone who had a problem with what Lebron did should have a huge problem with what Howard did.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
The Magic got 5 more players and many more options than Cleveland did. Lebron never warned Cleveland he was leaving. He promised them a championship and left them to rot. They went from being in the Finals and then the conference finals and having the improving LeBron for two seasons to having 19 wins. They are lucky that they got Kyrie Irving. At least Dwight told them at some point that he intended to leave. If they didn't make a trade he would have left in free agency and would have also left the Magic to rot. It would be completely ******** for the Magic not to give him a trade. This a opportunity the Cavs didn't have. And lets not forget that Dwight was not the only person to get his coach fired whether it was intention or not. Didn't Dantoni get fired in New York too? Coaches get fired. So what. I personally wouldn't have minded keeping Bynum but i can't control trades. Both of them are risky and have flaws. Only improvement at the center i see for the Lakers that is obvious is on the defensive end. I'm just glad they got Nash. Ill still root for my home team,Lakers,and for the Bulls out in the east.

Leaving in unrestricted free agency happens all the time. Holding a team hostage, getting your coach and GM fired, is exponentially worse.

Can't convince me otherwise.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Thats the only thing I have an issue with what you've said in this entire thread. Don't want to dig to deep into it and tread off topic but I completely agree with your stance on the Dwight soap opera. It was a gong show and childish, call a spade a spade fellas.

Why do you have an issue with that? And you left out the following two sentences after the one you bolded. Which do you prefer? Loyalty and no rings because of an inept front office? Or a player who could be an all time great actually winning rings. It wasn't happening in Cleveland, they were a pathetic front office that put garbage around him yearly. What did you expect him to do? LeBron's situation is not even remotely comparable to Magic, Michael, Larry, Kobe, or Tim. They were all brought into teams that either had contenders the day they showed up, or shortly thereafter. Bron had none of that.

AlmostThere
08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Leaving in unrestricted free agency happens all the time. Holding a team hostage, getting your coach and GM fired, is exponentially worse.

So you would want him to stay in Orlando have them get nothing in return for him? Rather than at least have a chance at getting someone to replace him, Bynum, Lopez, Asik ect....

Its their fault for not pulling the trigger on a better trade. The organization messed up as much as Howard did. He went to front office and it was leaked what his intentions are. They could have gotten him at least another star talent. They had years to do it. There was little to no chance the Magic would have gotten past the Heat if they didn't make a trade to get him some helps and Howard knew this. I know he messed up for flip flopping as much as Mitt Romney but you can't hate him for at least giving the Magic multiple chances to make a move to get him help before leaving. Lebron left on a winning season. He was obviously doing something right over there. He could have signed at least 1 more year with the Cavs to give them a chance to get him some help.

And I doubt if Wade and or Bosh went to the Cavs there would be as much repercussions for Lebron

AlmostThere
08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Why do you have an issue with that? And you left out the following two sentences after the one you bolded. Which do you prefer? Loyalty and no rings because of an inept front office? Or a player who could be an all time great actually winning rings. It wasn't happening in Cleveland, they were a pathetic front office that put garbage around him yearly. What did you expect him to do? LeBron's situation is not even remotely comparable to Magic, Michael, Larry, Kobe, or Tim. They were all brought into teams that either had contenders the day they showed up, or shortly thereafter. Bron had none of that.

You can blame David Stern and his rigged Drafts for that.

_KB24_
08-12-2012, 05:49 PM

I wouldn't call it an inept front office per-say. They were favorites to come out of the East his final 2 years and were definitely a contender dude. So while I do agree that his situation was not comparable and he had every right to leave, and should have in fact, lets not act like Lebron was playing with "garbage".

Sssmush
08-13-2012, 03:03 AM

that's all bull****. Dwight said he wanted to leave, then was pressured, lied to and false promised by Orlando to sign the opt in.

Then Orlando laid a bunch of slanderous leaks and rumors on him.

Dwight was just stuck there, never did anything really bad. Orlando axed their coach and GM, Dwight didn't ask or make them do it. The end.

And yes, Cavs took it worse. Cavs took it up the *** on national live TV, with superbowl level viewership, and got NOTHING in return.

Orlando got a deal they CHOSE. (yes, Orlando made the choice to deal Dwight). Orlando got 6 or 7 players, plus 5 or 6 picks. HUGE DIFFERENCE

Whomewhome
08-13-2012, 06:11 AM

I agree with you... but despite all of that. He doesn't want to be on the Lakers. He never got his wish. It is besides me why he wanted to play for the Nets. And he made it clear he didn't want to follow Shaq's footsteps, didn't really want to play with Kobe. Now he gets both! He followed Shaq and will play with Kobe.

All he had to do was SHUT UP till the end of the year.

Whomewhome
08-13-2012, 06:16 AM

Agree 100%.. If he had 2 years left on the contract I would understand (somewhat) but all he had to do was play out the year

Whomewhome
08-13-2012, 06:19 AM

He did make his intentions know. and he had a good heart about it. He thought he was doing well. and it would have been ok. But he then did a 360 signed the ETO and boom you had your disaster.

PhlyHighPhilly
08-13-2012, 06:36 AM
LOL at heat fans hating on a superstar screwing over his small market team to go join a superteam in a bigger market

ChicagoJ
08-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Dwight represents the negative side of the NBA which is immature players who think the world revolves around them. He would have won championships in Chicago, yet he didn't want to play there. So, it's hard for me to root for him. Yet, I've always liked kobe and the lakers have a legit shot at being better than the heat, so I'm on board with that. Just not a fan of howard.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't call it an inept front office per-say. They were favorites to come out of the East his final 2 years and were definitely a contender dude. So while I do agree that his situation was not comparable and he had every right to leave, and should have in fact, lets not act like Lebron was playing with "garbage".

I never thought that. The front office was inept.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2012, 12:44 PM
So you would want him to stay in Orlando have them get nothing in return for him? Rather than at least have a chance at getting someone to replace him, Bynum, Lopez, Asik ect....

Don't care what Dwight did. I would just like it recognized that holding a team hostage and getting your coach and GM canned are much worse than leaving in unrestricted free agency. Its a fact. The name on the back of the jersey is just a name, the action is what matters.

AlmostThere
08-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Don't care what Dwight did. I would just like it recognized that holding a team hostage and getting your coach and GM canned are much worse than leaving in unrestricted free agency. Its a fact. The name on the back of the jersey is just a name, the action is what matters.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8265214 Van Gundy doesn't blame Dwight Howard for getting fired why should we. I acknowledge that Dwight could have handled things differently but he went and talked to the owners. Its who ever leaked out that information that messed up his image. He left kind of how Carmelo left the Nuggets, and no one thinks Melo did worse than LeBron. Cleveland was more ****ed over than Orlando will be. The main reason Dwight resigned is because the Magic were still having a good season and it would have given the Magic a chance to trade someone in return for Dwight. Now he didn't have to talk about loyalty but he did what was best for him and the organization while keeping in mind that he wanted to leave. LeBron Just left and like i said, left cleveland on a noose.

JasonJohnHorn
08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
He's a cry baby and obviously lives in a bubble if he thinks he has any semblance of an offensive game. SVG did the right thing by NOT running the offence through Dwight. Dwight's ego couldn't handle that, hence the Dwightmare that ensued. I hate when players get coaches fired.