PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Will Be Spending $189,000,000 in 2013-2014

JNA17
08-10-2012, 11:59 PM
http://s13.postimage.org/wa5mma3sn/Lakers_Luxury_Tax.png

Thank freaking god the Lakers are one of the only teams capable of spending that much money along with having a ridiculously rich owner in Buss.
:speechless:

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:03 AM

Thank freaking god the Lakers are one of the only teams capable of spending that much money along with having a ridiculously rich owner in Buss.

The ironic thing is Buss is one of the poorest owners. He's not even a billionaire and had to borrow money from Sterling to buy the Lakers.

The politically correct thing to say is it's ridiculously nice to have a generous owner.

D1JM
08-11-2012, 12:04 AM
as a bulls fan i envy the lakers having an owner like buss.

D1JM
08-11-2012, 12:05 AM
The ironic thing is Buss is one of the poorest owners. He's not even a billionaire and had to borrow money from Sterling to buy the Lakers.

The politically correct thing to say is it's ridiculously nice to have a generous owner.

everyone thinks buss is rich as arison, allen, cuban but he isn't. the lakers are his business.

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:10 AM
everyone thinks buss is rich as arison, allen, cuban but he isn't. the lakers are his business.

that's why the CBA is so ridiculous. Every or most owners have another source of income whereas Buss doesn't. Yet he has to share his profits among the richer owners because their teams suck. Such bullshitness.

LA RO
08-11-2012, 12:11 AM
His only business

Aust
08-11-2012, 12:12 AM
that's why the CBA is so ridiculous. Every or most owners have another source of income whereas Buss doesn't. Yet he has to share his profits among the richer owners because their teams suck. Such bullshitness.

Well said.

The roster might have many changes by that season though, not to mention that fat TV deal.

jayjay33
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
That TV deal makes all the difference. lol

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Well said.

The roster might have many changes by that season though, not to mention that fat TV deal.

Probably not. Buss is so old now, he couldn't care less about money. He just wants to win. Jim Buss and company can take care of themselves...

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Nets could afford triple that a season

Aust
08-11-2012, 12:16 AM
He wants to leave this world with the Lakers surpassing the C's in banners :p

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM

Stop trying to make this about the Nets.

JNA17
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM

It's a shame that money will be wasted on a maxed out Brook Lopez and a past his prime Joe Johnson...what a shame. :(

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:18 AM
That TV deal makes all the difference. lol

Well.. think of it like this..

You bought and run a lemonade stand. Your lemonades are so good that a brand name company pays you for your recipe. Some $hitty stands hear about it, come to you and ask for a share.

How is that fair?

Losoway
08-11-2012, 12:18 AM

triple that with no problem .

brooklyn > la

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:19 AM
It's a shame that money will be wasted on a maxed out Brook Lopez and a past his prime Joe Johnson...what a shame. :(

Its not wasted the Nets owner worked for his money and earned it he can spend it on anything he wants.

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM

I would say the Lakers multiply by x times equals the Net's total championships but it's impossible to multiply by 0.

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM

brooklyn > la

:dance: Dwight is a Laker!!! HA!!!

jetsfan28
08-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Are we just writing Dwight in as signing an extension? If Kobe's sure he'll retire after next year than I'm not sure that Dwight would do that (unless it's a 1 year deal, which I think would be perfect and I think they should do right now).

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:23 AM
I would say the Lakers multiply by x times equals the Net's total championships but it's impossible to multiply by 0.

Nobody cares about championships in the past, its about current champions (Miami Heat) and future champions. Its exceedingly old when people talk about past championships.

seikou8
08-11-2012, 12:24 AM

brooklyn > la

:facepalm: laker win every thing except the pg position and sf position.

ball4reel
08-11-2012, 12:25 AM
:
Its not wasted the Nets owner worked for his money and earned it he can spend it on anything he wants.
:catfight::catfight:

ThunderousDemon
Nobody cares about championships in the past, its about current champions (Miami Heat) and future champions. Its exceedingly old when people talk about past championships.

:bs:

LakersMaster24
I am more interested in the number that Lakers would receive from all the media, Howard jerseys, Nash jerseys and heck even Kobe jerseys. Staples is packed day in and day out.

seikou8
08-11-2012, 12:26 AM

then why keep history why do we give out rings why do hang banners. speak for yourself.

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 12:27 AM
I am more interested in the number that Lakers would receive from all the media, Howard jerseys, Nash jerseys and heck even Kobe jerseys. Staples is packed day in and day out.

Don't forget that those tickets are going to get pricier.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:28 AM
I dont mind at all Lakers got Dwight, Dwight isnt in the Eastern Conference anymore so it really doesnt concern me. If Lakers were in the East I would be pretty mad. But I really feel nothing towards Dwight to LA. I wish it could have been the Nets but what can you do.

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:28 AM

Okay..
Lakers are contenders this season and can potentially win and become champions.

So the Lakers are past and future champions...

Nets are... ????

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Don't forget that those tickets are going to get pricier.

Yeah, I already found a guy who wants to buy my kidney so I can go to a pre-season game.

lakerfan85
08-11-2012, 12:33 AM

Lol!! To bad the nets will never have the chance to talk about championships of the past present or future!!

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Lol!! To bad the nets will never have the chance to talk about championships of the past present or future!!

Lakers never earned anything, Kobe wasnt even drafted by them, Shaq was signed as a free agent. So its not like LAL are a franchise that is known for drafting their own players.

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Lakers never earned anything, Kobe wasnt even drafted by them, Shaq was signed as a free agent. So its not like LAL are a franchise that is known for drafting their own players.

Magic Johnson...Jerry West...James Worthy...

You mad we can get all these great players without spending years sucking?

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I already found a guy who wants to buy my kidney so I can go to a pre-season game.

an organ for lakers tickets... damn..... good thing you got two then.

zB_#85

But not enough people want to play there for them to get that opportunity :laugh:

The buzz they're experiencing now just has to do with the BK move. Once the new wears off of that, they're still just the Nets!

DoMeFavors
Magic Johnson...Jerry West...James Worthy...

You mad we can get all these great players without spending years sucking?

No I have nothing to do with the Lakers, I never even talk about them. 04-08 those were great years in LAL franchise history.

PraiseJesus
08-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Lakers will make moves

SmartestGuyHere

Lakers drafted Bynum, gloomed him into an all-star, and traded him for Howard. How is that not "earning"?

Try harder troll, this is too easy.

BKdoubleStacker
I am going to ship out some blood pressure pills; haters PM me your addresses

I have never seen so many angry delusional fans. This is 5x worst than the lebron decision

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:40 AM
No I have nothing to do with the Lakers, I never even talk about them. 04-08 those were great years in LAL franchise history.

Dude, we spent like 3 years for going back to winning rings. Your team has been irrelevant for 90% of its existence. Only time you were OK was in the early 2000 with JKidd and K-Mart...when you got swept by that team from Los Angeles.

Right now you are just a playoff team that probably wont get past the 2nd Round.

You should not be talking about "great years".

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Lakers drafted Bynum, gloomed him into an all-star, and traded him for Howard. How is that not "earning"?

Bynum was probably the worst starting center in the west all time.

JNA17
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
I am going to ship out some blood pressure pills; haters PM me your addresses

I have never seen so many angry delusional fans. This is 5x worst than the lebron decision

I pretended that it was Bane posting this and imagined it in his accent. My god did I get a good laugh. :laugh:

BKdoubleStacker

PM me your address bro

:mad:

lakerfan85

Good luck battling for the 7th or 8th seed next year..

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:42 AM

Better than Lopez at least. Sure, blame the lack of centers in the NBA on the Lakers. You can't even troll man.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Dude, we spent like 3 years from going back to winning rings. Your team has been irrelevant for 90% of its existence. Only time you were OK was in the early 2000 with JKidd and K-Mart...when you got swept by that team from Los Angeles.

Right now you are just a playoff team that probably wont get past the 2nd Round.

You should not be talking about "great years".

Again talking about the past, nobody cares about a game that happened over 10 years ago. Nets went from a non playoff team to a finals team in 1 year and had Jason Kidd thats about it. Lakers had already won championships with that group, been prepared in the finals, had chemistry, also the best big man in the NBA and Kobe Bryant. Its not a big deal that happened, its not like the Nets were VERY good in 2002 and just sucked in the finals, they had zero experience.

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:43 AM

Okay.. he's the worst of the best centers.... Lopez isn't even good even to be in the conversation..

All you do is spew stupid $hits... you need to stop and think before posting.

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 12:44 AM

Capable and willing are two different things. Laker fans as well as Knick, Nets, Heat, and every other fans of high payroll teams are in for a rude awakening once the new penalties start to kick in. Rich people didn't become rich (or stay rich) by being willing to give away tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. The NBA is going to change dramatically and will be more like the NFL where the talent will be spread around the league instead of concentrated on 4 or 5 teams.

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Again talking about the past, nobody cares about a game that happened over 10 years ago. Nets went from a non playoff team to a finals team in 1 year and had Jason Kidd thats about it. Lakers had already won championships with that group, been prepared in the finals, had chemistry, also the best big man in the NBA and Kobe Bryant. Its not a big deal that happened, its not like the Nets were VERY good in 2002 and just sucked in the finals, they had zero experience.

Nets going from no playoffs to playoffs is not a big feat. The East was weak back then. The local YMCA team would make the playoffs if they were in the East.

lakerfan85
08-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Thanks mr belding..

zB_#85
08-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Okay.. he's the worst of the best centers.... Lopez isn't even good even to be in the conversation..

All you do is spew stupid $hits... you need to stop posting.

fixed

lakerfan85
Capable and willing are two different things. Laker fans as well as Knick, Nets, Heat, and every other fans of high payroll teams are in for a rude awakening once the new penalties start to kick in. Rich people didn't become rich (or stay rich) by being willing to give away tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. The NBA is going to change dramatically and will be more like the NFL where the talent will be spread around the league instead of concentrated on 4 or 5 teams.

Thanks Mr. Belding..

BKdoubleStacker
this is what I envision these angry posters looking like bashing their keyboards with steam spewing off their faces

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/angry-school-boy-meme.jpg

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Trust me, teams and owners will find a way to get around the whole tax stuff.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Nets going from no playoffs to playoffs is not a big feat. The East was weak back then. The local YMCA team would make the playoffs if they were in the East.

Anytime you go to the finals its big. And dont downplay a 1 seed, especially when you face teams in the west aswell. Pacers, Pistons, Boston had good teams back then.

dtmagnet
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Trust me, teams and owners will find a way to get around the whole tax stuff.

The only way around it is to pay it.

StarvingKnick22
Well, Lakers throught history have shown that you have to spend money to make money, aergo they would put the Owner in dept for the Championship. They truly show that its a bussiness. i respect that. they made friends enemies, but won Championships along with it. so i see this and i think, Wow, this team is desperate, but it shore pays off to be them...

dtmagnet
Anytime you go to the finals its big. And dont downplay a 1 seed, especially when you face teams in the west aswell. Pacers, Pistons, Boston had good teams back then.

No one gives a **** about the Nets dude.

dodgers310
Jerry Buss aint a businessman, he is a business, man

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
these poor little laker fans really think they are going to win the chip this year, guess they forgot lebron james is still in the league

sincerely,

the heatles

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
No one gives a **** about the Nets dude.

People keep bringing them up to me in every post no matter what, even if it involves Bynum..some how Lopez will be in their post. So dont tell me tell them. O yeah guess they do care.

BKdoubleStacker
08-11-2012, 12:53 AM
these poor little laker fans really think they are going to win the chip this year, guess they forgot lebron james is still in the league

sincerely,

the heatles

If you are going to troll, atleast be original or funny/entertaining.

you suck at it

dodgers310
08-11-2012, 12:53 AM

sincerely,

the heatles

It's awfully hot down here. How do you manage to stay so cool? :cool:

dodgers310
08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Foreal

zB_#85

sincerely,

the heatles

The same Heat that you swore the Nets would compete with if they landed Dwight?

:facepalm:

bucketss
Illuminati run team -_-

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:58 AM
The same Heat that you swore the Nets would compete with if they landed Dwight?

compete with doesnt mean they can beat them... same with the lakers.. they cant wont even beat OKC

Hellcrooner
189 million?

thats friggin cheap , i dont get why nba owners complain so much.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/461-million-euros-income-in-2011-12-budget

Losoway

by far the worst

he is so overatted

BKdoubleStacker
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
by far the worst

he is so overatted

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/19677399.jpg

C-Style
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM

Lakers got a 20-year pact at a value of $3 billion

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 01:01 AM
BTW Bynums post game cant even compare to the great postgame Brook Lopez has, Brook has the best interior post game in the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTm9onQULVg

C-Style
08-11-2012, 01:02 AM
BTW Bynums post game cant even compare to the great postgame Brook Lopez has, Brook has the best interior post game in the NBA

Too bad, deal with it. Dwight is a Laker! u MAD???

BTW Brook's FG% is HORRIBLE for a center!

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks Mr. Belding..

What's sad is that 99% of the jerk off's on this board have no idea who Mr. Belding is! :facepalm:

BKdoubleStacker
08-11-2012, 01:03 AM

cool story bro, nets forum

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 01:04 AM

I have personally seen Nets fans (not sure if it was you) post the link to this video at least 5 times.

We get it guys, all these NBA analysts and every non Nets fan is wrong and will always be wrong. Brook Lopez is better than Bynum. Clearly. CLEARLY.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 01:04 AM

bynum cant handle double teams what so ever

StarvingKnick22
08-11-2012, 01:05 AM
its safe to say that Bynum is better than Lopez, but if Lopez works to full potential, than easily better than Bynum. Right now its barely compatable

Mr.B

Not if he's not on the court. You can't be great if you're always hurt, just ask Yao Ming.

dodgers310
What's sad is that 99% of the jerk off's on this board have no idea who Mr. Belding is! :facepalm:

Saved by the bell

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Saved by the bell

That's 1

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Not if he's not on the court. You can't be great if you're always hurt, just ask Yao Ming.

Before this year which was a short season

82, 82,82

bucketss
08-11-2012, 01:10 AM
That's 1

saved by the bell.

Hellcrooner
08-11-2012, 01:11 AM

Belding as in the one bustin schreech and zach morris?

kblo247
08-11-2012, 01:15 AM

Do me a favor and enjoy watching that $60 million post game get the team killed, along with Joe Johnson shooting blanks in the playoffs. Then watch Phili finish with a better record

kblo247
08-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Belding as in the one bustin schreech and zach morris?

Yeah the boss of Miss Bliss

StarvingKnick22
08-11-2012, 01:17 AM

well, considering that in the NBA, people are more of a league were the players want to play back at home and want to go to big cities, i can almost never see this happening. cities like Milwauke, Boston, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, kind of Phenoix, Detroit, Sacramento, dont have any players aka Stars from there or teams that build throught the draft like Atlanta,NOLA,Seattle(yes i know), or a team that builds off of ridiculous trades like LA. And a team that has a well draft system, but no one will stay, Toronto
with Love and from detention,
Zach Morris

LaLa_Land
08-11-2012, 01:20 AM
SUPPOSE Howard's back pans out...

This means that he'll have fresh legs, fresh energy...basically a year off from basketball. To have that type of "rest", if you will, going into the prime of your career is forecasting bad news for the rest of the league.

...if his back is fully repaired.

LA beats Thunder in a 7 game series to get to the finals.

LA beats the Miami Heatians 4-2 in the title round

FraziersKnicks
08-11-2012, 01:20 AM

I would hope so with a max contract Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez :laugh2:

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 01:24 AM
well, considering that in the NBA, people are more of a league were the players want to play back at home and want to go to big cities, i can almost never see this happening. cities like Milwauke, Boston, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, kind of Phenoix, Detroit, Sacramento, dont have any players aka Stars from there or teams that build throught the draft like Atlanta,NOLA,Seattle(yes i know), or a team that builds off of ridiculous trades like LA. And a team that has a well draft system, but no one will stay, Toronto
with Love and from detention,
Zach Morris

First of all... what the hell did you just say? Are you drunk or something?

Do you even know what big market means? Boston, Houston, and Dallas are all big market teams. Even Detroit and PHOENIX could be considered big market teams. As for players wanting to play back at home... do you mean like DWill?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-11-2012, 01:27 AM

That's why a hardcap is better.

StarvingKnick22
08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
First of all... what the hell did you just say? Are you drunk or something?

Do you even know what big market means? Boston, Houston, and Dallas are all big market teams. Even Detroit and PHOENIX could be considered big market teams. As for players wanting to play back at home... do you mean like DWill?

i dont remember saying big market teams. i was just generalizing the genres of of were stars usually go. not many stars come out of the city of Sacramento or Toronto right? Houston?San Antonio?NOLA? what i meant was that LA builds through trades, cities like Oklahoma, Atlanta, build through drafts, cities like NY build through FA and someties drafts, cities like Boston, Dallas build through loyalty and cities like toronto hope for the best.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
dude with the batman crap still trolling?

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 01:35 AM
That is alot of GUAP!

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 01:36 AM
SUPPOSE Howard's back pans out...

This means that he'll have fresh legs, fresh energy...basically a year off from basketball. To have that type of "rest", if you will, going into the prime of your career is forecasting bad news for the rest of the league.

...if his back is fully repaired.

LA beats Thunder in a 7 game series to get to the finals.

LA beats the Miami Heatians 4-2 in the title round

Personally I think LA is going to win the title this year (at least that is who my money is on). They have the 2nd best PG in the West (Nash is going to make Kobe, Dwight, and Pau's job SO MUCH easier), the best closer in the NBA(well in addition to Dirk, although I'm bias), Pau is ok, and the best Center in the NBA, not to mention Meta POS. Their back court can match anyone in the NBA's. Meta POS at least has the size and athleticism to bother Labron and Durant (not stop them but at least get under their skin). And has a front court in Pau and Dwight that NO ONE in the NBA can F *** with! In my eyes they are the favorites to win the title and if they lose it will be the biggest choke job in NBA history (well tied for second when the Heat lost to the Mavs last year).

I'm a Mavs fan and HATE the Lakers and even I can admit that.

apocalypse15
08-11-2012, 01:43 AM

Okay so let's throw out every banner of the Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, Canadiens, and Steelers. It's about tradition son. nowadays maybe it isn't but tradition is deeper than a Dwight Howard or LeBron James. You are just blinded by the Divas of the NBA. Tradition still lives. Would you be prouder to play for the Celtics/Lakers then let's say the Bobcats? Sure to be in the NBA WOW!!! but to play for a storied franchise? The past don't mean nothing? Please.

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 01:46 AM
i dont remember saying big market teams. i was just generalizing the genres of of were stars usually go. not many stars come out of the city of Sacramento or Toronto right? Houston?San Antonio?NOLA? what i meant was that LA builds through trades, cities like Oklahoma, Atlanta, build through drafts, cities like NY build through FA and someties drafts, cities like Boston, Dallas build through loyalty and cities like toronto hope for the best.

Actually the Mavs do very well through trades. Look at their team that won the title. How many of those guys were actually drafted or signed as free agents? Roddy was drafted but had no role in them winning the title. Dominique Jones' right was bought by Cuban and Barea was originally signed as an undrafted free agent. Other then those guys everyone else was obtained through trades (including Dirk on draft day).

Vampirate
08-11-2012, 01:46 AM

I can't really speak for any other team but the reason why Toronto has this stigma that players leave is the Franchise has never really had much in the way of team success.

Toronto has never had that #1 option on offence since the Vince Carter days.

Most likely if Toronto had that #1 option then they could truly build a cconender and have team suceess. Then, when this happens the players would come.

Vinylman
08-11-2012, 01:59 AM
This thread is one massive fail

7 ****ing pages and no one calls BS on OP

The calculations are absolutely wrong

The repeater scale he is using doesn't hit until 2014/15 not 2013/14

Well done as usual PSD :facepalm:

Aust
08-11-2012, 02:01 AM
ITT

Net fans: :mad:
Laker fans: :dance2:

dodgers310
08-11-2012, 02:06 AM
ITT

Net fans: :mad:
Laker fans: :dance2:

nice sig

PraiseJesus
08-11-2012, 03:36 AM
This thread is one massive fail

7 ****ing pages and no one calls BS on OP

The calculations are absolutely wrong

The repeater scale he is using doesn't hit until 2014/15 not 2013/14

Well done as usual PSD :facepalm:

Its not our money

--23--
08-11-2012, 03:48 AM
Stop trying to make this about the Nets.

funny *** sig man :laugh2:

FriedTofuz
08-11-2012, 03:50 AM
why have the nets been brought up? domefavors stop bringing them up, its only going offtopic and creating problems. as for the thread, the lakers will make a lot of revenue, just sad to know the new cba rules make sure the profit is shared amongst owners?

justjames
08-11-2012, 04:08 AM
Its actually really important for Dr Buss to live as long as possible and turn as much profit as possible so he can pay the inheritance tax ahead of time. If he just dropped dead right now, the Buss family might not have enough money to retain sole ownership of the Lakers. I'd be pretty sad if the Buss family had to sell the Lakers.

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 04:18 AM

Jerry Buss is actually one of the least rich owners in the NBA. 17th out of 30, last I checked.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 04:19 AM

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 04:20 AM

Word.

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 04:45 AM

Those were lean years, with only two Finals appearances.

John Walls Era
08-11-2012, 04:46 AM
fun to be rich

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 04:47 AM

They also drafted Divac, groomed him into a future All-Star, and traded him for Bryant. It was actually considered to be a great trade for Charlotte at the time.

kblo247
08-11-2012, 04:58 AM

Weren't you saying but the Nets made the playoffs and finals more recently and are more relevant than the Knicks during the MELO-drama?

Was Kidd drafted by Jersey? Was he home grown? Have you been to theplayoffs without him?

Hypocrite much!

Kevj77
08-11-2012, 05:07 AM
why have the nets been brought up? domefavors stop bringing them up, its only going offtopic and creating problems. as for the thread, the lakers will make a lot of revenue, just sad to know the new cba rules make sure the profit is shared amongst owners?The sad part about this is that it will be shared with other owners with much more total assests than Dr. Buss, that don't make it their business to succeed in the NBA and have other business interests, but want money from Dr. Buss even though his only business is basketball to pay for their hobby.

Aust
08-11-2012, 05:09 AM
The sad part about this is that it will be shared with other owners with much more total assests than Dr. Buss, that don't make it their business to succeed in the NBA and have other business interests, but want money from Dr. Buss even though his only business is basketball to pay for their hobby.

Yep, it's pretty screwed up

Duncan = Donkey
08-11-2012, 05:09 AM
thats like 3 weeks pay for me!! crazy

Sssmush
08-11-2012, 05:14 AM

Pau will be gone by then.

From a quick glance at that chart, removing Pau's $19M salary will appear to lower the Lakers total salary+tax by about $75M

Sssmush
08-11-2012, 05:18 AM
I mean, Pau is a nice player, but the Lakers simply aren't going to pay $75M a year to have Pau Gasol on the team.

Steve Blake will likely also be gone. Metta... questionable for that year, we'll see. With the LT multiplier, subtracting each of those deals is like removing $10M to $15M from the total bill.

Lakers actually came out way ahead now. Because, before you were going to max out Bynum AND Gasol, and you needed both. Now you got Howard, you don't need Gasol as much, he is a luxury.

very manageable.

bringinwood
08-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Would Buss have a 189 MM dollar payroll if he owned the Timberwolves ???

Not likely...

It's not like Buss is digging into his pocket and forking over millions out of his bank account to fund a winner in LA...

The team is and will continue to print money out of staples center... In LA, to keep the team interesting so Buss can sell his product, he needs to have a 189MM dollar payroll...

Buss rides the wave... He isn't especially talented or skilled at basketball economics...

He doesn't have the best GM or staff...

He is just extremely lucky to be in the market he is in... He can manipulate other teams into giving him megastars for little to nothing in return because other teams either

A: Have zero leverage with their own stars and can't get them to sign an extension or fair bargaining ground...

or

B: Are in bad markets for generating enough revenue to keep the team out of the red...

Deeming Buss a martor or a " generous man " is ridiculous... He is selling his product just like the Yankees...

If the Lakers or Yankees fielded no name teams that were youthful, would that be acceptable or sellable to New Yorkers or LA ???

Nope

Aust
08-11-2012, 05:21 AM

Not likely...

It's not like Buss is digging into his pocket and forking over millions out of his bank account to fund a winner in LA...

The team is and will continue to print money out of staples center... In LA, to keep the team interesting so Buss can sell his product, he needs to have a 189MM dollar payroll...

Buss rides the wave... He isn't especially talented or skilled at basketball economics...

He is just extremely lucky to be in the market he is in... He can manipulate other teams into giving him megastars for little to nothing in return because other teams either

A: Have zero leverage with their own stars and can't them to sign an extension or fair bargaining ground...

or

B: Are in bad markets for generating enough revenue to keep the team out of the red...

Deeming Buss a martor or a " generous man " is ridiculous... He is selling his product just like the Yankees...

If the Lakers or Yankees fielded no name teams that were youthful, would that be acceptable or sellable to New Yorkers or LA ???

Nope

lol dude you're delusional from hate. You honestly think everything is thanks to the market they're in?
... An easy counter would to just say "Clippers"

Sssmush
08-11-2012, 05:21 AM
The sad part about this is that it will be shared with other owners with much more total assests than Dr. Buss, that don't make it their business to succeed in the NBA and have other business interests, but want money from Dr. Buss even though his only business is basketball to pay for their hobby.

ha! That's not even counting the $60M + of projected revenue sharing the Lakers gotta kick in.

But... the twist is this: if the Lakers spend a ton on salary and luxury tax, then their net profit is lower, so their revenue sharing payout is less.

They still give back the same amount to the league (based on their $200M a year cable deal or whatever) but they spend it on having an awesome team instead of just subsidizing the Bobcats and the Hornets or whatever. Dallas and Minnesota.

Sssmush
08-11-2012, 05:23 AM

Not likely...

A: Have zero leverage with their own stars and can't get them to sign an extension or fair bargaining ground...

or

Nope

Jerry Buss has always shown loyalty to Los Angeles and a commitment to building championship teams. He has always taken risks to make the Lakers something great.

Buss gets mad props and respect in LA and deservedly so.

bringinwood
08-11-2012, 05:30 AM
lol dude you're delusional from hate. You honestly think everything is thanks to the market they're in?
... An easy counter would to just say "Clippers"

The Clippers have been a day late and a dollar short since they came to LA...

The only reason the Clippers are in LA is because the market is so massive out there...

Buss would have no fan base if he fielded a team with the payroll of the Timberwolves or Trailblazers...

LA generates the revenue and that revenue wouldn't be there if they didn't a product worth watching...

In fact, more people would watch those Clippers you just mentioned...

LA is solely a product of location... Solely a product of their market... Solely a product of circumstance...

Buss is just along for the ride... He MAKES more money off the Lakers than any 10 of us can fathom...

Thats smart business sense... It has little to do with loyalty...

Aust
08-11-2012, 05:38 AM
:eyebrow:
There is so much wrong with that I really don't want to take the time to disprove it to the ground.
A + B doesn't always = C buddy

bringinwood
08-11-2012, 05:43 AM
:eyebrow:
There is so much wrong with that I really don't want to take the time to disprove it to the ground.
A + B doesn't always = C buddy

It's alright man...

I don't expect Laker fans to be ameniable to proven economic logic that proves that markets drive the NBA and owners have little to no impact on the success or failure of an NBA franchise...

I'll just sit back and read as all of Laker nation sucks each other dry and has a massive circle jerk to congratulate yourselves...

Just know that if Buss owned the Minnesota Lakers, Dwight would not be there, Kobe would be a Clipper, Nash would be a Knick and Gasol would be a Rocket...

Good luck this season though ;)

BALLER R
08-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Is that even Legal lol.

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Not likely...

or

It's all about the market. Which is obviously why Donald Sterling has had so much success. :cool:

Allusion
08-11-2012, 07:08 AM

Even I had to say something. You are completely delusional... First off how is adding 1 guy past his prime making you a Finals team! 2nd You have to make the finals (which your team has no chance with the heat) to be a "Finals team" so lol at you...

You have got to be the biggest delusional hater i've seen in these forums. Damn!

jimm120
08-11-2012, 07:08 AM

The CBA isn't about the "other businesses". Its about this one...

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 07:10 AM
The Clippers have been a day late and a dollar short since they came to LA...

The only reason the Clippers are in LA is because the market is so massive out there...

Buss would have no fan base if he fielded a team with the payroll of the Timberwolves or Trailblazers...

LA generates the revenue and that revenue wouldn't be there if they didn't a product worth watching...

In fact, more people would watch those Clippers you just mentioned...

LA is solely a product of location... Solely a product of their market... Solely a product of circumstance...

Buss is just along for the ride... He MAKES more money off the Lakers than any 10 of us can fathom...

Thats smart business sense... It has little to do with loyalty...

The Lakers won 1 championship in their twenty or so years in Los Angeles before Jerry Buss bought the team. They've won 11 in the thirty or so years since.

I get your point, though. More teams should move to Los Angeles.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-11-2012, 07:20 AM
I Love L.A. :dance: spend that money jim.......by the way did you hear the news? ? ? We got Dwight!!!

Don't just focus on this year imagine the flood gates that just opened in terms of signing free agents to

succeed the kobe era. Just congratulate us for such an epic off-season and quit sholving *** out your ****

The Lakers organization have once again (i can count lets see 4 times since 2008,Pau,MWP,NASH,Dwight) shock the basketball world with another Blockbuster trade, You guys act all(:speechless::mad:) and we "the Laker fans" were like this :cool: because it's what we do.No one's guaranteeing#17 str8 off tha bat,but we sure have a GREAT chance if everything falls in place

YoungOne
08-11-2012, 07:28 AM
they will move gasol I guess.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-11-2012, 07:37 AM

You sound depressed

SteBO
08-11-2012, 08:53 AM
When you're a franchise looking to win championships, this isn't something you worry too much about, especially when you have a GM/Owner that's willing to spend to get that done. They'll move Pau at some point I'd think, but who knows......

theheatles
08-11-2012, 09:17 AM

This, buss is def in the lower 25% of richest owners

calibird707
08-11-2012, 09:31 AM
189 mill...damn...any fan would love an owner like that...on behalf of all knick fans...dolan u are a big VAG

calibird707
08-11-2012, 09:33 AM
When you're a franchise looking to win championships, this isn't something you worry too much about, especially when you have a GM/Owner that's willing to spend to get that done. They'll move Pau at some point I'd think, but who knows......

I thought the ame thing. Deepen that bench a bit

thunderforce
08-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Obviously the penalties for going over the cap aren't high enough yet and they won't be until **** like this stops happening .

oak2455
08-11-2012, 09:56 AM
First let me say congrats Laker fans.... Second theyre are some delusional posters I'm here one doesn't need to be called out... Third it's going to be a great season and I'm happy this fiasco is finally over .... Well played LA !!!

GiantsSwaGG
08-11-2012, 10:02 AM
It's worth it. They're better than the Heat

Heatcheck
08-11-2012, 10:09 AM
It's all about the market. Which is obviously why Donald Sterling has had so much success. :cool:

theyve had tons of talent drafted to the clippers, Sterling was known as the cheapest owner ever in sports (several articles were written about this) im sure if he spent the cash, theyd come.

Iceman_9
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM

brooklyn > la

:bla:

Showtime Steve
08-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Good thing they have that huge deal with TWC.

Davidgta1
08-11-2012, 10:15 AM
That's alot of money my god.

JayAllDay
08-11-2012, 10:18 AM

I wanna choke the life out of something right now.
You exemplify why Nets don't deserve anything nice ever.

Dade County
08-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Scared money don't make money...

Lakers management know what they are doing... Boss

Davidgta1
08-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I wanna choke the life out of something right now.
You exemplify why Nets don't deserve anything nice ever.

Lmao

dhopisthename
08-11-2012, 11:14 AM
there is no way they pay that much. someone gets traded before then. I would assume it would be gasol

Lakers + Giants
08-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Nets fans. They mad. . . Nah, they pissed!

LT time!

:dance:

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-11-2012, 12:28 PM
there is no way they pay that much. someone gets traded before then. I would assume it would be gasol

Just cuz your franchise doesnt fork up the money doesn't mean the lakers wont! Lakers have been known for paying extra to win championships and now with a 3 billion dollar tv deal I see no reason why they won't spend that much! Gasol and everyone else is staying put I wish Steve Blake was Gone though

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Anyways I hope Nets trade for Gasol, at the deadline if Lakers put him up on the trade block.

Chacarron
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
You are trying too hard DoMeFavors. You lost your touch man, your trolling is not the same no more.

MonroeFAN
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Why does every discussion on here turn into something about Brooklyn? Everyone outside of NY sees them as a 6-8 seed at best.

Btw, congrats to LA... what an incredible team. I love Lebron, but there's no way they can compete with that roster. Who cares what it costs, they'll make twice that with endorsements.

fadedmario
08-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Delusional Nets fans...

Congrats Laker fans.

MonroeFAN
08-11-2012, 01:24 PM
It's not just Net fans, it's both of the teams from NY. I like the Knicks chances of making noise a little better, but I still think both teams are garbage.

I mean, why are Net fans excited about Deron Williams who has regressed since losing his pick and roll with Boozer and Sloan, Joe Johnson who shot 40% from the field last year and a 7 footer who can't rebound? What a horribly constructed roster. I understand they're upset they didn't get Dwight, but whatever. It's not LA's fault.

fadedmario
08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
lol

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 01:47 PM
It's not just Net fans, it's both of the teams from NY. I like the Knicks chances of making noise a little better, but I still think both teams are garbage.

I mean, why are Net fans excited about Deron Williams who has regressed since losing his pick and roll with Boozer and Sloan, Joe Johnson who shot 40% from the field last year and a 7 footer who can't rebound? What a horribly constructed roster. I understand they're upset they didn't get Dwight, but whatever. It's not LA's fault.

Joe Johnson shot 45% and Humphries and Evans make up for Lopez's rebounding.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 01:48 PM
You are trying too hard DoMeFavors. You lost your touch man, your trolling is not the same no more.

Thanks!

Lakers + Giants
08-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks!

You know that comment hurt.

MickeyMgl
08-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Obviously the penalties for going over the cap aren't high enough yet and they won't be until **** like this stops happening .

Is it supposed to be a "penalty", or a "tax" in order to bail out and fund the incompetent overspending of inferior franchises? I thought it was the second one. Heck, to read Dan Gilbert's infamous memo, many of those teams are counting on that tax money. It allows them to offer ridiculous contracts to mediocre players. This all comes out of the Lakers' pockets.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 06:02 AM

I think you can only use bullshitness as a adjective however you used it as a noun. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

bholly
08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Amnestying MWP would save them almost $40m that season, though, so I imagine they'll do that.

bholly
08-12-2012, 08:43 AM
I think you can only use bullshitness as a adjective however you used it as a noun. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

-ness generally makes things abstract nouns, doesn't it? Pretty sure bullshitness is a noun.

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 08:59 AM
-ness generally makes things abstract nouns, doesn't it? Pretty sure bullshitness is a noun.

You may be right maybe we should Wikipedia it.

bolts4ever
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
The sick part of the Dwight Trade is that in 2014 the Next Big Free Agent Class!!!

When Lebron, Melo, Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, Luol Deng COULD be available

Guess whos gonna have just as much money as anybody to spend!!!! Thats Right the LAKERS.

JNA17
08-12-2012, 09:36 AM
The sick part of the Dwight Trade is that in 2014 the Next Big Free Agent Class!!!

When Lebron, Melo, Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, Luol Deng COULD be available

Guess whos gonna have just as much money as anybody to spend!!!! Thats Right the LAKERS.

And guess who's going to come knocking on the Lakers door when Kobe and/or Pau fully retire?

DURANT! :laugh: :dance:

USMCLaker
08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
And guess who's going to come knocking on the Lakers door when Kobe and/or Pau fully retire?

DURANT! :laugh: :dance:

Durante is old school I don't think he is ever leaving OKC.

JNA17
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Durante is old school I don't think he is ever leaving OKC.

Yeah your probably right. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either at this point. Mitch's poker style of negotiation is ****ing boss! lol

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 10:12 AM

brooklyn > la

If you say so. :D

Im pretty sure youre loathing the Lakers right now. Just because we got him 5 months earlier. I swear, Such a Nostradamus with that D12 to the Nets in January.

Im literally, doing this right now = "BWAHAHAHAHAHA"

Nothing personal though. hehe.

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Reason why we got thee BEST right now. You can brag about Brook Lopez alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you want.

Superman is in Hollywood. :silly:

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 10:19 AM
by far the worst

he is so overatted

Reason why we got thee BEST right now. You can brag about Brook Lopez alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you want.

Superman is in Hollywood. :silly:

Re-post for another Nets fan. Such cry babies. JJ will take you places, not to worry.

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Hey, are you calling out Philly fans now?

Check your calendar.

Again: "Bwahahahahahaha"

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 10:21 AM
bynum cant handle double teams what so ever

Bwahahahahahaha

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Anyways I hope Nets trade for Gasol, at the deadline if Lakers put him up on the trade block.

You guys cant touch, ONE SINGLE LAKER. uh uh. :cool:

FraziersKnicks
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
God some Lakers fans are obnoxious *****

BKLYNpigeon
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Lakers will get a new TV deal next season, so I dont think they will have to worry about the money. they're reporting its going to be almost double of what they are making now.

they still have their amnesty clause that they will probably use on Artest after next season.

effen5
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I remember when Heat fans called Pat Riley the godfather blah blah blah...but

Kupchak is best GM in the league hands down. His aquisitions the past decade has been absolutely ridiculous....

And the Lakers might have to pay a ridiculous amount the next two years but but in two years they don't have anybody on the books except Nash.

Paying that much for two years might be worth it since they have a very good chance of winning both years.

iliketurtles24
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
A lot of money

BKLYNpigeon
08-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I remember when Heat fans called Pat Riley the godfather blah blah blah...but

Kupchak is best GM in the league hands down. His aquisitions the past decade has been absolutely ridiculous....

And the Lakers might have to pay a ridiculous amount the next two years but but in two years they don't have anybody on the books except Nash.

Paying that much for two years might be worth it since they have a very good chance of winning both years.

I think alot of GM's would do well if they worked for the Lakers and all the money to spend.

The Godfather GM is R. C. Buford of the Spurs. they guy just knows how to draft and find talent.

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Lakers Fans Remember This

In addition to the tax payments, taxpaying teams have the following restrictions:

Teams above the apron cannot use the Bi-Annual exception

Teams above the apron have a smaller Mid-Level exception. Teams above the apron can offer contracts no longer than three years, while other teams can offer four. The starting salary is also lower (for example, in 2011-12 it is $3 million for teams above the apron, versus $5 million for other teams).

Taxpaying teams can acquire much less salary in a simultaneous trade.

Starting in 2013-14, teams above the apron cannot receive a player in ANY sign-and-trade transaction.

Teams above the apron do not have the same protections under the Gilbert Arenas provision. Under the Arenas provision other teams can offer restricted free agents salaries starting at the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. If a team with the right of first refusal does not have Early Bird rights to the player and is over the apron, it will have only the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception at its disposal, and cannot match an offer for the full Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.

In addition, taxpaying teams do not receive a distribution from the league wide tax fund.

So yes right now the Lakers are a great team with excellent players. what happens if there is an injury? What happens if any of these players decline significantly? Remember the Lakers owner is not the richest guy in the world, at some point it becomes very bothersome to have to pay almost double to field a team and receive no shared revenue from the tax fund, especially when their tax payments go to other teams.

DeyAce
08-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Thats how you run a team. Reinsdorf and Bulls FO should take notes

LA_Raiders
08-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Its all about winning. Once Kobe & Gasol are done a new CBA will come up and its all over again...

Vinylman
08-12-2012, 04:22 PM

Yeah that mave1002 guy is a troll with no BB knowledge

Vinylman
08-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Lakers Fans Remember This

In addition to the tax payments, taxpaying teams have the following restrictions:

Teams above the apron have a smaller Mid-Level exception. Teams above the apron can offer contracts no longer than three years, while other teams can offer four. The starting salary is also lower (for example, in 2011-12 it is $3 million for teams above the apron, versus $5 million for other teams).

Starting in 2013-14, teams above the apron cannot receive a player in ANY sign-and-trade transaction.

Teams above the apron do not have the same protections under the Gilbert Arenas provision. Under the Arenas provision other teams can offer restricted free agents salaries starting at the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. If a team with the right of first refusal does not have Early Bird rights to the player and is over the apron, it will have only the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception at its disposal, and cannot match an offer for the full Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.

In addition, taxpaying teams do not receive a distribution from the league wide tax fund.

So yes right now the Lakers are a great team with excellent players. what happens if there is an injury? What happens if any of these players decline significantly? Remember the Lakers owner is not the richest guy in the world, at some point it becomes very bothersome to have to pay almost double to field a team and receive no shared revenue from the tax fund, especially when their tax payments go to other teams.

Another ignorant PSDer who has zero understanding of the lakers cap situation. The lakers currently have 1 player for $9 million under contract in 2014/15. Next year they will have 2. Nash/D12 for around $29 million. In 2014/15 a resigned Kobe and gasol plus nash and d12 will only be $50 million

The lakers should be concerned? Please, the rest of league is in deep **** the next 3 years and beyond because of the lakers flexibility. The big 3 are on the books for $61 million in 2014/15 and almost $66 million the next year

Good analysis. :facepalm:

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Another ignorant PSDer who has zero understanding of the lakers cap situation. The lakers currently have 1 player for $9 million under contract in 2014/15. Next year they will have 2. Nash/D12 for around $29 million. In 2014/15 a resigned Kobe and gasol plus nash and d12 will only be $50 million

The lakers should be concerned? Please, the rest of league is in deep **** the next 3 years and beyond because of the lakers flexibility. The big 3 are on the books for $61 million in 2014/15 and almost $66 million the next year

:hi5:

Reyes6
08-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Who cares? There is no real hard cap and they'll make a ton of profit due to tv deals, merchandise, ticket sales, and advertising. The Yankees have been spending more than that for years now and the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA. I don't commend what they're doing but I wouldn't call it a dumb basketball decision if they have the money to do it.

JasonJohnHorn
08-12-2012, 06:17 PM
It's a good thing they make $500 million a year.

arkanian215
08-12-2012, 06:23 PM
0a

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Another ignorant poster who doesn't understand the Lakers Cap situation.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

ACTUALLY the Lakers now have 7 players under contract next year. 6 if you want to dismiss Ron Artest's player option, but he is sure to execute it. The total salary the Lakers are on the hook for is $78,186,630 which is STILL over the cap. And that's WITHOUT Dwight Howard.

Hey it's OK to be ignorant that's why they have the special school and little buses for you. Now you run along and play while the adults discuss.

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 06:30 PM

ACTUALLY the Lakers now have 7 players under contract next year. 6 if you want to dismiss Ron Artest's player option, but he is sure to execute it. The total salary the Lakers are on the hook for is $78,186,630 which is STILL over the cap. And that's WITHOUT Dwight Howard.

Hey it's OK to be ignorant that's why they have the special school and little buses for you. Now you run along and play while the adults discuss.

We are not talking about 2013 summer, we are talking about 2014 summer...

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM

I wasn't, all I was doing is speculating how the CBA will restrict the Lakers next year and ANY team over the cap. It was an ignorant poster that seemed to think I do not know anything about the CBA or the Lakers Cap situation, of which I am very aware.

PraiseJesus
08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Its not my money... idc

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 09:25 PM

And Actually look at what the very stupid uninformed poster said, he said NEXT YEAR.

Next year they will have 2. Nash/D12 for around $29 million.

WRONG! Like I said before calling someone else out you might want to make sure your facts are right. Dwight Howard is a free agent next year and like I said they will have 7 players under contract not 2.

D Blue987
08-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Learn to read. It might make you seem like less of a douche. :facepalm:

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah that mave1002 guy is a troll with no BB knowledge

Uhh. Big deal? It's a freakin sports forum and youre so serious!

Always raving about Mave1002 like a B**** in heat. Every single day. WOW. And I dont know about you but I would usually forget random usernames, if theyre not too important for me to remember :rolleyes:

Get a life kid and try to have fun while youre at it.

You are pathetic.

Mave1002
08-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Is it a crime to be extremely objective about people who you dont agree with?

The term 'obnoxious' is somewhat less irritating than cry babies like those two posters. They kept bringing up Andrew Bynum when he isnt a Laker anymore. Geez.

That was irritating.

WhiteSoxGod
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Learn to read. It might make you seem like less of a douche. :facepalm:

I did and that's why I corrected the ignorant poster. It's obvious you come from the same stupid while ignorant system of thinking. Learn to analyze, use statistics, facts, and evidence to support your point instead of some stupid emoticon and a personal jab. That may be above your intelligence but please try.

Vinylman
08-13-2012, 12:25 AM
I did and that's why I corrected the ignorant poster. It's obvious you come from the same stupid while ignorant system of thinking. Learn to analyze, use statistics, facts, and evidence to support your point instead of some stupid emoticon and a personal jab. That may be above your intelligence but please try.

Your original post stands ... so does mine... no one agrees with you...

end of discussion...

keep telling us how bad the Lakers cap situation is... we don't expect you to understand how GOOD the Lakers cap situation actually is...

Vinylman
08-13-2012, 12:29 AM
And Actually look at what the very stupid uninformed poster said, he said NEXT YEAR.

More distortion of facts... if you read my post it is clear i am talking about 15/16 when i say the next year after 14/15

nice try though...

keep teaching us how the lakers cap situation is bad...

you might also want to understand who the OTHER deep pockets of the Lakers are ... Buss owns less than 75% of the team.... but keep telling us how Buss can't afford this or that ... it is pure ******* entertainment

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 01:20 AM

Your original post stands ... so does mine... no one agrees with you...

end of discussion...

keep telling us how bad the Lakers cap situation is... we don't expect you to understand how GOOD the Lakers cap situation actually is...

LOL it's not about agreement, I don't need anyone to agree. Facts are facts, the new CBA goes into full effect next year what I posted was direct from the CBA, which i personally studied in my program this summer. ( http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg525/WhiteSoxGod/?action=view&current=2012-07-14_21-17-15_651.jpg ) My understanding of it is unsurpassed by any poster here unless they are (a) in a similar program to mine or (b) were directly involved in it's negotiations.

The Lakers next year are effectively in cap hell, now that is OK they can pay that but they are restricted in what they are able to do and operate. Next summer they are still over the cap, not by as much, by regardless they are restricted by the new CBA, you should go check it out, it's a good read.

More distortion of facts... if you read my post it is clear i am talking about 15/16 when i say the next year after 14/15

nice try though...

keep teaching us how the lakers cap situation is bad...

you might also want to understand who the OTHER deep pockets of the Lakers are ... Buss owns less than 75% of the team.... but keep telling us how Buss can't afford this or that ... it is pure ******* entertainment

Again, since you obviously do not understand I never responded to a post, I posted my own comments. It wasn't until your response was i forced to answer. In your response you said and I quote "next year".

It does not matter if Jerry Buss can afford it, that's not what i was speaking to so please go re-read my post. I was referring to how the new CBA restricts teams that are over the cap. It's not just in terms of luxury tax. Why can't you understand that? The Lakers basically have the team they have now for the next 2 years with only the ability to make minor changes unless they get free agents to take severely discounted minimum deals. PLEASE go read the CBA. http://www.nba.com/.element/mp3/2.0/sect/podcastmp3/PDF/CBA101.pdf

8kobe24
08-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Lakers Brand pays for itself. Please take a look at all the endorsement deals the Lakers have. TWC cable deal alone rakes in 100M per year.

8kobe24
08-13-2012, 01:31 AM
LOL it's not about agreement, I don't need anyone to agree. Facts are facts, the new CBA goes into full effect next year what I posted was direct from the CBA, which i personally studied in my program this summer. ( http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg525/WhiteSoxGod/?action=view&current=2012-07-14_21-17-15_651.jpg ) My understanding of it is unsurpassed by any poster here unless they are (a) in a similar program to mine or (b) were directly involved in it's negotiations.

The Lakers next year are effectively in cap hell, now that is OK they can pay that but they are restricted in what they are able to do and operate. Next summer they are still over the cap, not by as much, by regardless they are restricted by the new CBA, you should go check it out, it's a good read.

Again, since you obviously do not understand I never responded to a post, I posted my own comments. It wasn't until your response was i forced to answer. In your response you said and I quote "next year".

It does not matter if Jerry Buss can afford it, that's not what i was speaking to so please go re-read my post. I was referring to how the new CBA restricts teams that are over the cap. It's not just in terms of luxury tax. Why can't you understand that? The Lakers basically have the team they have now for the next 2 years with only the ability to make minor changes unless they get free agents to take severely discounted minimum deals. PLEASE go read the CBA. http://www.nba.com/.element/mp3/2.0/sect/podcastmp3/PDF/CBA101.pdf

If the Lakers develop into a championship dynasty, signing FA's for vets minimum will not be an issue. Also, as long as they have the player's bird rights, the hard cap means nothing. We already know the Lakers can afford paying into the Luxury tax. But if the Lakers (god forbid) do not win a championship with in the next two years, then there will big problems.

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 01:50 AM
If the Lakers develop into a championship dynasty, signing FA's for vets minimum will not be an issue. Also, as long as they have the player's bird rights, the hard cap means nothing. We already know the Lakers can afford paying into the Luxury tax. But if the Lakers (god forbid) do not win a championship with in the next two years, then there will big problems.

I totally agree with you. All I said originally was that the CBA restrictions were something to think about. Then I was attacked a "a moron who did not know what he was talking about". I was just defending my position. But yeah it really has nothing to do with the luxury tax payments it's more about the roster restrictions.

Sssmush
08-13-2012, 03:09 AM

yeah.

Think about it, trading Gasol is just a freeroll now. They would've been willing, ultimately, to give up Gasol in the Dwight Howard trade.

Now they could just trade him to say, Houston, for some first round picks and a couple young PF prospects or something.

Bonus.

MELO 15
08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
yeah.

Think about it, trading Gasol is just a freeroll now. They would've been willing, ultimately, to give up Gasol in the Dwight Howard trade.

Now they could just trade him to say, Houston, for some first round picks and a couple young PF prospects or something.

Bonus.

If that's the case, than the knicks might as well pick up Chris Paul, if money is not Tue issue, I know doland wouldn't mind spending some gwop, lol!

Sssmush
08-13-2012, 04:51 AM
If that's the case, than the knicks might as well pick up Chris Paul, if money is not Tue issue, I know doland wouldn't mind spending some gwop, lol!

No, you got it twisted.

Lakers WOULD HAVE possibly included Gasol in a Dwight deal, but didn't have to.

So now, they have kind of a free roll where they could potentially ship Gasol to Minnesota or Houston for picks or prospects.

Yeah, I like Gasol, but at the 3x luxury tax level... trading Gasol's $20M salary clears about $70M to $80M from the Lakers salary and tax bill.

Realistically, say the Lakers get a draft pick and a couple young PFs back, or even a Derrick Williams... you are looking at still shedding $10M in salary when Gasol is traded. At the 3x level, that is around $40M total savings, which is huge.

After two years, Bryant will likely be resigned for $10M a year or so, MWP comes off, Nash comes off, Gasol will have been traded... so the base salary has gone from $90M+ to like $30M+ at that point.

After two years it is pretty wide open. But, yeah, I don't know about this year, but clearly after next year, the Lakers can't pay out $70M in salary and tax for Pau Gasol, that is not going to happen.

As I recall, Houston was offering some nice packages of picks and prospects for Gasol... those could be some interesting future building blocks, and maybe a workable young PF in the mix as well...

What if Houston sends Jeremy Lamb, Patrick Patterson, a first and a second round pick next season... something like that. Or Terrence Jones instead of Patterson. I don't know. Houston was hot to make the deal all year, they would probably do it.

Lakers save appx $100M+ in salary and luxury tax (at LEAST) over two years, and add some young pieces to retool.

Just a thought.

Sssmush
08-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Gasol was looking sexy in the Olympics... how can Houston resist?

Super Summer Part Deux ??

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
No, you got it twisted.

Lakers WOULD HAVE possibly included Gasol in a Dwight deal, but didn't have to.

So now, they have kind of a free roll where they could potentially ship Gasol to Minnesota or Houston for picks or prospects.

Yeah, I like Gasol, but at the 3x luxury tax level... trading Gasol's $20M salary clears about $70M to $80M from the Lakers salary and tax bill.

Realistically, say the Lakers get a draft pick and a couple young PFs back, or even a Derrick Williams... you are looking at still shedding $10M in salary when Gasol is traded. At the 3x level, that is around $40M total savings, which is huge.

After two years, Bryant will likely be resigned for $10M a year or so, MWP comes off, Nash comes off, Gasol will have been traded... so the base salary has gone from $90M+ to like $30M+ at that point.

After two years it is pretty wide open. But, yeah, I don't know about this year, but clearly after next year, the Lakers can't pay out $70M in salary and tax for Pau Gasol, that is not going to happen.

As I recall, Houston was offering some nice packages of picks and prospects for Gasol... those could be some interesting future building blocks, and maybe a workable young PF in the mix as well...

What if Houston sends Jeremy Lamb, Patrick Patterson, a first and a second round pick next season... something like that. Or Terrence Jones instead of Patterson. I don't know. Houston was hot to make the deal all year, they would probably do it.

Lakers save appx $100M+ in salary and luxury tax (at LEAST) over two years, and add some young pieces to retool.

Just a thought.

Actually Houston was only trading Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, and Kevin Martin for Gasol before the trade was nixed by the commissioner.

Vinylman
08-13-2012, 02:57 PM

continued ignorance especially the bolded... your contention that the lakers don't have the ability to improve their team next offseason is ludicrous... you ignore the major assets the lakers will have available to them after the 2012/13 season and that is massive expiring contracts that they can ship out for whatever they want...

the only mechanism the lakers had at their disposal this offseason that they don't next is the S&T and guess what no other relevant teams will have that at their disposal next season either...

Again, your analysis sucks and is totally irrelevant to the Lakers ability to compete for a championship the next two years or beyond...

This is no real surprise to me since you are a Morey disciple and must be extremely frustrated that your team is gonna suck for the forseeable future...

I trust in Mitch Kupchak's ability to improve our roster next offseason if needed

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 04:21 PM
continued ignorance especially the bolded... your contention that the lakers don't have the ability to improve their team next offseason is ludicrous... you ignore the major assets the lakers will have available to them after the 2012/13 season and that is massive expiring contracts that they can ship out for whatever they want...

the only mechanism the lakers had at their disposal this offseason that they don't next is the S&T and guess what no other relevant teams will have that at their disposal next season either...

Again, your analysis sucks and is totally irrelevant to the Lakers ability to compete for a championship the next two years or beyond...

This is no real surprise to me since you are a Morey disciple and must be extremely frustrated that your team is gonna suck for the forseeable future...

I trust in Mitch Kupchak's ability to improve our roster next offseason if needed

Again your ignorance of all things metrics as well as the CBA precedes you. The expiring contracts are nice assets if you are a rebuilding team. It's not my analysis, it's just the facts of the CBA.

What I bolded above is ignorance at its finest. There are several things the Lakers won't have, but I will not repeat myself to someone who is not willing to listen and understand. Please read the CBA (or just what I mentioned in post earlier about how the CBA restricts luxury tax teams) then you can be considered valid in this conversation.

Vinylman
08-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Again your ignorance of all things metrics as well as the CBA precedes you. The expiring contracts are nice assets if you are a rebuilding team. It's not my analysis, it's just the facts of the CBA.

What I bolded above is ignorance at its finest. There are several things the Lakers won't have, but I will not repeat myself to someone who is not willing to listen and understand. Please read the CBA (or just what I mentioned in post earlier about how the CBA restricts luxury tax teams) then you can be considered valid in this conversation.

LMFAO

Here is your original post...

what of the above did the Lakers have at their disposal this year that they won't next year? Which of the other provisions is relevant to the lakers fortunes versus other contenders?

1. BAE - NOPE
2. FULL MLE - NOPE
3. Receive less in simultaneous trades? - Umm that is what the Lakers would be trying to accomplish by trading out salary... and again any other team competing will be restricted likewise because of their own cap situation
4. S&T - YEP ... which i already addressed and pointed out that any other teams competing for a chip won't have at their disposal either
5. RFA - Do you even know the Lakers roster? LMFAO

Again, reciting the CBA does not qualify as analysis... your analysis sucks including this post when you state "expirings are only good for rebuilding teams" :facepalm:

Again, your need to find a dark cloud in the Lakers future is fundamentally linked to your frustration with the ineptitude of your **** team.... i know i know... morey will make some awesome isolated trade that will improve your team on paper and rockets fans will engage in further circle jerks on the internet... unfortunately, it will have zero impact on you winning a chip

Like i have said before, i will take my chances that Mitch can pull off another home run next offseason if needed... his track record of putting championship caliber teams together lets Laker Nation sleep easy at night :clap:

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 06:07 PM

LMFAO

Here is your original post...

what of the above did the Lakers have at their disposal this year that they won't next year? Which of the other provisions is relevant to the lakers fortunes versus other contenders?

1. BAE - NOPE
2. FULL MLE - NOPE
3. Receive less in simultaneous trades? - Umm that is what the Lakers would be trying to accomplish by trading out salary... and again any other team competing will be restricted likewise because of their own cap situation
4. S&T - YEP ... which i already addressed and pointed out that any other teams competing for a chip won't have at their disposal either
5. RFA - Do you even know the Lakers roster? LMFAO

Again, reciting the CBA does not qualify as analysis... your analysis sucks including this post when you state "expirings are only good for rebuilding teams" :facepalm:

Again, your need to find a dark cloud in the Lakers future is fundamentally linked to your frustration with the ineptitude of your **** team.... i know i know... morey will make some awesome isolated trade that will improve your team on paper and rockets fans will engage in further circle jerks on the internet... unfortunately, it will have zero impact on you winning a chip

Like i have said before, i will take my chances that Mitch can pull off another home run next offseason if needed... his track record of putting championship caliber teams together lets Laker Nation sleep easy at night :clap:

LOL you showed your own ineptitude in the above post. You're trying to now play it as your idea of a contending team vs your idea of a contending team. I am discussing teams over the cap vs teams under the cap.

What you said is the ONLY thing they won't have is the ability to sign and trade. ALL of those things that will be more limited to them more so than this year. They have no biannual exception, the MLE is smaller, and the fact they can't take back as much salary means THEY CAN'T TRADE AS MUCH SALARY ACCORDING TO THE CBA!! They have to match salary still. That's why I said read it before you re-post, but sure enough I knew you'd ride in on your uniformed steed YET AGAIN.

I have no frustration, basketball is slowly becoming a inept sport that is slowly losing it's grip on being the THIRD overall sport in the U.S. I am much more concerned with football. However, my post didn't admonish the Lakers or show any spite. The Lakers are of no concern to me. My point is that the factors I mentioned will become concerns for the Laker organization regardless of your mundane unknowledgable ramblings. I have no ill will towards smart business men no matter what profession. The trade was great but the CBA was set up to penalize teams going over the cap. The Lakers will see this soon enough.

Gibby23
08-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Wrong, expiring contracts are good trade chips to ship off to a team that wants to rid itself of good players that may have longer term contracts. That team maybe looking to get under the cap and might be willing to send off a good player to do so. The lakers will have Gasol, Ron, and Blake in expirings next year that is over 30 million. They can't do S&T, but this team is basically built for the next 2 years and because of the restrictions that you speak of they decided to do it now. They can afford the tax hit so they went for it. They still have players to make moves with next offseason if they need to.

Gibby23
08-13-2012, 06:22 PM
LOL you showed your own ineptitude in the above post. You're trying to now play it as your idea of a contending team vs your idea of a contending team. I am discussing teams over the cap vs teams under the cap.

What you said is the ONLY thing they won't have is the ability to sign and trade. ALL of those things that will be more limited to them more so than this year. They have no biannual exception, the MLE is smaller, and the fact they can't take back as much salary means THEY CAN'T TRADE AS MUCH SALARY ACCORDING TO THE CBA!! They have to match salary still. That's why I said read it before you re-post, but sure enough I knew you'd ride in on your uniformed steed YET AGAIN.

I have no frustration, basketball is slowly becoming a inept sport that is slowly losing it's grip on being the THIRD overall sport in the U.S. I am much more concerned with football. However, my post didn't admonish the Lakers or show any spite. The Lakers are of no concern to me. My point is that the factors I mentioned will become concerns for the Laker organization regardless of your mundane unknowledgable ramblings. I have no ill will towards smart business men no matter what profession. The trade was great but the CBA was set up to penalize teams going over the cap. The Lakers will see this soon enough.

They already know about it and went all in for the next 2 years.

Sssmush
08-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Actually Houston was only trading Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, and Kevin Martin for Gasol before the trade was nixed by the commissioner.

well, as I recall, a couple of the 3-way Dwight proposals involving Gasol had some nice pieces going to Orlando, which in a direct trade the Lakers would receive.

WhiteSoxGod
08-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Wrong, expiring contracts are good trade chips to ship off to a team that wants to rid itself of good players that may have longer term contracts. That team maybe looking to get under the cap and might be willing to send off a good player to do so. The lakers will have Gasol, Ron, and Blake in expirings next year that is over 30 million. They can't do S&T, but this team is basically built for the next 2 years and because of the restrictions that you speak of they decided to do it now. They can afford the tax hit so they went for it. They still have players to make moves with next offseason if they need to.

I can agree with that premise, but I meant it's going to be harder to use those expirings with the CBA because it limits the total salary that can be in a trade, by both teams even if only 1 if over the cap. But I agree that the Lakers have a very nice setup for the next 2 years but then it might get tricky.

well, as I recall, a couple of the 3-way Dwight proposals involving Gasol had some nice pieces going to Orlando, which in a direct trade the Lakers would receive.

Yeah but those were just speculation. What the Rockets ACTUALLY traded was already accepted, it was just killed by the commish.

Blitzbolt
08-13-2012, 10:40 PM
I rather be like OKC They have a better team with less money.

Lake_Show2416
08-13-2012, 10:42 PM
making it rain

JordansBulls
08-13-2012, 11:49 PM

And building thru the draft. The Lakers really have gotten all of the great greats thru trades/FA except for Magic and Worthy.

Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Nash, Dwight

LakersMaster24
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
And building thru the draft. The Lakers really have gotten all of the great greats thru trades/FA except for Magic and Worthy.

Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Nash, Dwight

...and they won 16 championships doing that and 32 finals appearances.

Yeah, ill take that.

RaiderLakersA's
08-14-2012, 12:25 AM

Thank freaking god the Lakers won't need a taxpayer bailout if the team doesn't win a championship that year. :D :D :D

lakerboy
08-14-2012, 12:55 AM
I am not sure about the accuracy of the numbers. Nevertheless, Buss will rather waste money on talent than share his revenue.

8kobe24
08-14-2012, 01:58 AM

Wait till gotta re-sign/extend westbrook and harden. Ain't gonna be so cheap no more...

bringinwood
08-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Wait till gotta re-sign/extend westbrook and harden. Ain't gonna be so cheap no more...

Westbrooks signed through 2016 to a relatively team friendly contract...

Im pretty sure Durant is signed through 2015 to a team friendly deal...

If Harden wants to break the bank, he'll be gone and the Thunder will still be title contenders...

I love the way they'll built and sustain the talent level of that team...

It's truely what sports is all about...

RaiderLakersA's
08-14-2012, 09:34 AM

If Harden wants to break the bank, he'll be gone and the Thunder will still be title contenders...

You mean that's how it starts out. Then one day someone's agent is going to take a look at the numbers and realize that the team is raking in huge profits, while the star player is more or less being paid less than .0001% of a penny on the dollar in comparison. Those agents will pull their player aside and advise them -- rightfully so -- that this disparity must be corrected...and that it's not about money, but about empowerment and control. Of their lives. Of their futures. I'm not saying that it's a foregone conclusion, but this is generally how "team friendly" contracts go the way of the dodo bird.

Gibby23
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM

They got the Max they could get.

StarvingKnick22
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
it amazes me that the lakers do this constantly, but when the knicks try to get CP3, its mostly impossible. chris paul will do the same that howard did and come to the knicks. he and all of us are tired of this. he really wants to come. dont give me any crap about it because if the lakers can pull it off than we can do it once in a while...

StinkEye
08-14-2012, 11:34 AM

It's so easy to do that...

leftymo
08-14-2012, 02:10 PM

brooklyn > la

If you are talking about one of the worst places in the United States, then yes Brooklyn is >>>>>>> LA.

Brooklyn is so ghetto it makes Compton, Long Beach, Watts, and Inglewood look like Beverly Hills.

(i lived near there and worked in brooklyn about 7 yrs ago)

futureman
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
I think they will unload Gasol for nothing next summer. Only fitting seeing as they got him for nothing. No way they pay that much on a team that won't even make the finals this year.

Sssmush
08-14-2012, 04:04 PM
The main point is, the Lakers are in a great position because they didn't have to give up Gasol.

They can either pay the huge luxury tax fine, and thus reduce the amount they owe in revenue sharing, OR they trade Gasol, who actually for some teams had as much or more trade value as Bynum did.

Sssmush
08-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I think they will unload Gasol for nothing next summer. Only fitting seeing as they got him for nothing. No way they pay that much on a team that won't even make the finals this year.

Baston will be aaaa-some next ye-ahh.