PDA

View Full Version : Why do Superstar players want out of Orlando all the time?

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Why do Superstar players want out of Orlando all the time?

First it was Shaq, then it was Penny, then it was Tmac and now it is Dwight.

Jint.
08-10-2012, 10:38 PM
maybe they hate Mickey Mouse ?

PraiseJesus
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
You obviously never been to Orlando

kjoke
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Disney runs that town.

_KB24_
08-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Really JB??

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
maybe they hate Mickey Mouse ?

That doesn't make sense seeing that they went to LA after which has Disney Land in the area.

Maybe they don't like Shamoo?

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Man this dude makes the most stupid and repetitive threads.

Shaq left = more money
Penny left = who cares, he was injured 90% of the time.
Tmac left = Because Hill was injured
Howard left= their team sucks?

A better question is
Why is JB a mod?

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:51 PM
That doesn't make sense seeing that they went to LA after which has Disney Land in the area.

Maybe they don't like Shamoo?

Shamoo the whale? He's in Calfornia... fail?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Shamoo the whale? He's in Calfornia... fail?

Not in LA.

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 10:56 PM
You obviously never been to Orlando

I lived in WPB and my mom lives in Orlando. It's a nice city much better than some of the places those guys have gone to.

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Not in LA.

You're talking about Shamu right? His fat *** is in San Diego, CA...

nicegoing
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM

Shaq left = more money

A better question is
Why is JB a mod?
he isnt a mod he got fired

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 11:00 PM

wrong. I got a 20 year pension plan.:)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-10-2012, 11:04 PM
You're talking about Shamu right? His fat *** is in San Diego, CA...

San Diego /= LA.

He retired.

Anyways back on topic, Shaq left because he was a free agent and felt really disrespected by Orlando. Dwight left because of this whole new buddy-buddy team up in big markets thing.

majmarcus
There seems to be a common pattern of behavior going on with the higher ups as far as the way they treat said names...to a certain extent. From what I understand and I COULD BE VERY WRONG. But the following is the extent of my knowledge...

Shaq: was highly insulted(rightfully so IMO) that the Magic had offered him a 4yr 55million deal. Well not that. But I believe they held some kind of poll asking the fans "Was he worth that type of money or a max deal?" Im not certain which one. However, I am sure I recall him(Shaq) saying before he became a free agent, that ORLANDO was his 1st option. Well, after they did what they did. They quickly became NO OPTION¡ (facepalm here)

Penny: situation was a bit simpler. I believe he complained a whole helluva lot! If Im not mistaken, I think Penny had something to do with Brian(Head coach) getting fired. But with his constant complaining behind closed doors along with being injured quite a bit. The Magic wanted to part ways with him as well. Which reminds me. Chuck Daly was excited about the opportunity to coach Penny. BUT, after spending time with him & coaching him. I saw the interview when Daly himself said he didnt think Hardaway was ready or able to lead a team & he didnt know if he ever would be. I was like damn!!! Being a Magic/Hardaway fan. I hated hearing that. Finally, I was watching The Magic service the Lakers during a sunday game on nbc. Went up by like 24pts in the 1st half...str8 clowning. Dude, the 2nd half, the Lakers started doing work lead by fro Kobe(Frobe). On an outlet pass, Hardaway had a lazy effen effort in defending that pass. Chuck Daly was furious!!!! His reaction on the sideline was all you needed to see. End of story...

T-mac: I really know very little about this one outside of he & I think the GM pretty much hating one another. But once again, I COULD BE WRONG! Oh yeah, they always floored mediocre teams. Tmac was at the top of his game then. Before all the injuries started breaking him down. Anywho, he & Grant Hill was suppose to be balling together but Hill was ALWAYS hurt. The Magic never surrounded that fella with any talent. Those teams were bad. Doc was the coach & the writing was on the wall when they started one year(their last) 1-19. Stinkfeast...

I dont think u need Dwights rundown lol.

If Ive given any inaccurate information, it wasnt intentional. I did the best I could based on what I remember/heard/think I heard lol

PraiseJesus
I lived in WPB and my mom lives in Orlando. It's a nice city much better than some of the places those guys have gone to.

Orlando sucks

*Superman*
08-10-2012, 11:18 PM

LOL @ fired.

MickeyMgl
08-11-2012, 04:01 AM
They weren't all for the same reason. Shaq just had stars in his eyes and left a good team to go to the highest bidder, which the Lakers bent over backwards to be.

Howard has just been wasted by the Magic. I don't blame him for wanting to move. How bad have they run that team that they have so many horrible contracts that they couldn't move EVEN AFTER already amnestying Gilbert Arenas' horrible contract?

In between, they just had some bad luck with Grant Hill, which really set them back.

Orlando can be a good destination, if somebody can run that franchise right.

Duncan = Donkey
08-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Only team in The NBA who dont supply the coke and hookers

Knicks21
08-11-2012, 05:18 AM
I cant say its the prettiest of cities, but it has disney land, and disney land trumps all.

JasonJohnHorn
08-11-2012, 05:22 AM
I wouldn't say Shaq wanted out. If you read hit autobiography you will see that he would have signed back with Orlando had they made the right moves. I don't remember much about Penny's exit, but I thought it was more of a trade the team wanted to make to rebuild. T-Mac wanted out, but he wants out of where ever he seems to end up.

bringinwood
08-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Orlando plays 2nd fiddle to Miami...

It's highly noticed because Orlando has been fortunate enough to land two of the best draft picks in the last 30 years...

It's really about location and the economics of the state...

If you can bail for a bigger market, you do it for the endorsements alone...

IndyHeatjman
08-11-2012, 05:27 AM
I cant say its the prettiest of cities, but it has disney land, and disney land trumps all.
^^DisneyLand is not in Orlando.
Its Disney World. And That Arabian Prince is cooking up a plan to put that place to shame. Im surprised he dosen't own an nba team or the whole NBA. He has already built his little world of islands!!!Whats next his own MOON?

OaklandsFinest
08-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Dwight has no reason to complain! You can't want to be the MAN and then want someone to defer too.. That team was built around him, and he never developed the offensive game needed to be the guy. Jameer is a solid pg, then surround with shooters, thats how a team with a dominant center is built. Problem is offensively he's not a top 5 player and he kind of has to look in the mirror on that one.. Not saying Otis Smith was a great GM but he got the guys Dwight wanted

abe_froman
08-11-2012, 05:53 AM
the same reason stars want out of every city that isnt mia,dal,la,ny,bos.

they know they need to get those stars help or they'll leave,except no one wants to go there over the cities mentioned above,so they have to overpay massively even the lowliest roleplayer to come(or stay).... but this in turn cripples the teams ability to make future moves to get/stay competetive.its a vicious cycle that cant be broken

its not a prime destination and no one want to help make it one.so the prime spots stay the same,and the rest stay the rest....and i'm becoming convinced that nothing can break it

JordansBulls
08-11-2012, 05:55 PM
They weren't all for the same reason. Shaq just had stars in his eyes and left a good team to go to the highest bidder, which the Lakers bent over backwards to be.

Howard has just been wasted by the Magic. I don't blame him for wanting to move. How bad have they run that team that they have so many horrible contracts that they couldn't move EVEN AFTER already amnestying Gilbert Arenas' horrible contract?

In between, they just had some bad luck with Grant Hill, which really set them back.

Orlando can be a good destination, if somebody can run that franchise right.

From what I remember didn't Howard ask for those changes after the 2010 playoffs?

flatbush knicks
08-11-2012, 05:59 PM
orlando has the worst front office in the league hands down that trade they finally pulled off will go down as the biggest lopsided trade in nba history they might as well have lost him for nothing

RLundi
08-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Orlando sucks

:rolleyes:

Chronz
08-11-2012, 09:32 PM
They make dumb decisions.

Sssmush
08-11-2012, 09:38 PM
there is a very conservative culture surrounding Amway and the Orlando Magic, an extreme conservative "Tea Party" thing that is all about defunding public education etc. But I doubt that has much to do with it, unless the higher ups are just really condescending to the players or something.

In the Dwight Howard case... I just feel like Orlando didn't try hard enough to hang on to Dwight. If they really wanted to keep him, they should've held onto him all year and tried to convince him every day to stay, until next July, and then beg him again to stay. That might've made a difference. They could've fired a few more coaches, and signed a few more Turkoglus while they're at it too.

Tymathee
08-12-2012, 01:53 AM
it's not the city, it's the owner. Much like the Knicks, their owner hires terrible GM's who can't build around their superstar correctly.

also, bad luck. penny got injured, hill got injured, duncan didnt' join hill and t-mac in orlando, then with dwight they couldn't get the right tpe of people around him.

poor owner + poor gm = superstars leave.

MickeyMgl
08-12-2012, 05:58 AM
From what I remember didn't Howard ask for those changes after the 2010 playoffs?

Those specific changes? If he did, then Orlando management were foolish to act on it. Nothing would have appeased him better than winning, and toward that, making the right moves, including finding a more imaginative coach, and spending their cap space wisely.

MickeyMgl
08-12-2012, 06:01 AM
the same reason stars want out of every city that isnt mia,dal,la,ny,bos.

they know they need to get those stars help or they'll leave,except no one wants to go there over the cities mentioned above,so they have to overpay massively even the lowliest roleplayer to come(or stay).... but this in turn cripples the teams ability to make future moves to get/stay competetive.its a vicious cycle that cant be broken

its not a prime destination and no one want to help make it one.so the prime spots stay the same,and the rest stay the rest....and i'm becoming convinced that nothing can break it

I don't believe it's purely about location, but if it is, then the simple solution is contraction.

Iron24th
08-12-2012, 06:30 AM

Shaq left = more money

A better question is
Why is JB a mod?

Lol you guys don't joke!

JordansBulls
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Those specific changes? If he did, then Orlando management were foolish to act on it. Nothing would have appeased him better than winning, and toward that, making the right moves, including finding a more imaginative coach, and spending their cap space wisely.

What else could they have done though? Once they were down 3-0 to Boston in the ECF in 2010 they knew they didn't have enough to win it all.

D12 fan
08-12-2012, 02:51 PM
It has to be the ownership and how they treat their stars.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
The Magic have routinely mistreated their stars. Pretty simple. Unfortunately, you need to cater to NBA superstars, or they go elsewhere.

beliges
08-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Cant blame Dwight for wanting out and going to LA to get himself that elusive first title much easier. This has become a trend in the league now. In the past, it was veteran stars at the twilight of their careers joining forces with championship teams. But with Bron making the move in the middle of his prime, other stars like Dwight are doin the same thing now. Its not exactly great for the league, but its hard to blame Dwight for going to LA.

UPRock
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Because they don't know how to build a team? That team needs a complete change, even new owners.