PDA

View Full Version : Howard to Dallas if Lakers don't work out....

Punk
07-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Umm what?

As appealing trade scenarios for his franchise player shrink, Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan's mission of beginning to build trust with All-Star center Dwight Howard was met with an unmistakable response in a Wednesday meeting: Howard continues to rule out a future with the Magic, and wants a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers before the start of the season, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

"Dwight remained unchanged in his want to be traded," a source with knowledge of the meeting said. "And he has no intention of signing another contract extension with Orlando."

Dwight Howard remains steadfast in his demand to be traded to the Lakers. Without a deal that would deliver him to the Lakers in the near future, sources said Howard wants Henningan to revisit trade talks with the Brooklyn Nets in January, when center Brook Lopez is eligible to be traded. If deals don't surface with the Lakers or Nets, Howard plans to sign with the Dallas Mavericks as a free agent in the summer of 2013.

While the Lakers and Nets won't have the salary cap space to sign Howard, nor the opportunity to execute a sign-and-trade deal under new CBA rules, the Mavericks will be flush with cap space next summer. Mavs owner Mark Cuban plans to make a run at Howard, and potentially another star player, to join Dirk Nowitzki.

[Related: T'wolves near $20 million deal with Andrei Kirilenko]

For Howard, that threat continues to make it difficult for Orlando to attract trade suitors willing to unload valuable assets for a superstar likely to be a rental player for only several months. Despite the Houston Rockets' determination to trade for Howard and convince him to stay long term, Howard's camp has repeatedly warned Houston owner Les Alexander and GM Daryl Morey that they will lose Howard to rival Dallas in free agency next July, sources said.

Hennigan and Orlando assistant Scott Perry flew to Los Angeles on Wednesday and met with Howard and his representatives for about two hours. When told that the Magic had tried to honor his desire to be moved, Howard probed Hennigan on why the GM hadn't accepted deals that could've sent him to the Nets or Lakers before those teams used valuable trade assets to acquire Joe Johnson and Steve Nash respectively.

Hennigan has insisted that no proposed deal has been satisfactory and the franchise has shown some willingness to take its time to see what offers develop. Nevertheless the rental market for Howard is lean and the Lakers used two first-round picks in the sign-and-trade deal for Nash. The Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston are willing to be third-team trade partners for the Magic and Lakers in deals that would send them All-Star center Andrew Bynum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard-s-plan-to-sign-with-dallas-next-summer-makes-trade-from-orlando-problematic.html

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Lol

Sweet :)

Scooby-Doo
07-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Let's just ignore the other five Howard threads and create this one.

J4KOP99
07-27-2012, 03:10 AM
a little late to the party, punk?

Hellcrooner
07-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Is just Howard remembering the Orl F.O that he indeed has leverage.

Get me to N.Y or L.A and get something for me, or get Nothing in the summer.

ITs also a message to Mr Morey, want to trade for me? yeah, please do something stupid and hinder your franchises future for a 3 months loan ( back injury and then not making playoffs).

****ing end this stupidity already!!!!

Punk
07-27-2012, 03:13 AM
a little late to the party, punk?

Lol My bad, all of the trolling posts in all of the other threads clouded it. Didn't know.

Lock it up, boys.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 03:16 AM
:laugh2: the madness...

bholly
07-27-2012, 03:24 AM
It's definitely plausible, but hard to take at face value just yet - any such comments from his camp could be true or could be an attempt to scare everyone but the Lakers and Nets off (much like Bynum is doing).

Sactown
07-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Where else would he go?
No cap space for LA or BK to sign him lol...

chrism8188
07-27-2012, 03:53 AM
its getting to the point where nobody wants to trade for him bc of the new GM. i called this earlier with them rejecting every offer basically. now they have to settle with those 3 options. i do not think they will let him walk, if they do i think ORL gm is fired lol they settle on lopez and picks i think.

chrism8188
07-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Where else would he go?
No cap space for LA or BK to sign him lol...

in jan they could technically make a trade, lopez for howard

King41
07-27-2012, 04:32 AM
is this howards try to force a trade to dallas? (unlikely)

numba1CHANGsta
07-27-2012, 04:34 AM
Orlando wont let him walk for nothing, he will be traded and stick with that team

Losoway
07-27-2012, 04:41 AM
trolling at its finest

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Close this, he won't hit free agency.

bholly
07-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Him hitting free agency is like the one thing that's practically guaranteed.

Mave1002
07-27-2012, 09:05 AM
He'll be a Laker.

Marco22
07-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Howard don't know what he wants to do from day to day!!

crazyru
07-27-2012, 09:27 AM
If I was Dwight, and I didn't get traded, Dallas would prob be one of my TOP choices.

You prob get 2 good years left with Dirk to try and make a chip run, then the franchise is yours to be built around.

Aust
07-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Think you worded that wrong

Rockice_8
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Just showing Orlando that they have zero leverage and to just trade him to Brokklyn or LA already.

yanksrock
07-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Oh I was wondering what's happening with Howard. :bang:

When will it end??

ragee
07-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Nope. Don't get your hopes up. He is just using us to force a trade to LA or NY. He doesn't want to go to Dallas. He just wants the the Magic to think that there is still an option even if he does not get traded and there is no way he will resign with the Magic.

sunsfan88
07-27-2012, 10:33 AM
And people thought the new Orlando GM was gonna be the next Sam Presti :facepalm:

LongIslandIcedZ
07-27-2012, 10:33 AM
If Orlando cant get Houston's pieces in an eventual trade for Dwight, they may as well keep him on the bench and tank and get Noels or Mohammed.

Gritz
07-27-2012, 10:39 AM
This is obvious, however at the same time a pipedream

Gritz
07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Nope. Don't get your hopes up. He is just using us to force a trade to LA or NY. He doesn't want to go to Dallas. He just wants the the Magic to think that there is still an option even if he does not get traded and there is no way he will resign with the Magic.

If some crazy scenario happened where he was a free agent, I don't see anywhere else he would go except dallas

jayjay33
07-27-2012, 11:15 AM

I think you half right. He does want NY or LA but if things don't work out. There is no doubt in my mind Dallas is his plan C. So he is using Dallas as leverage. But he is not bluffing on signing with them if they force his hand.

Chill_Will_24
07-27-2012, 11:22 AM
cue Dallas fans with all their reasons why ORL will play hardball with Dwight and force him to become a FA

Chavacano
07-27-2012, 12:20 PM
:yawn:

cue Dallas fans with all their reasons why ORL will play hardball with Dwight and force him to become a FA

This. :laugh2:

RLundi
07-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Dwight won't end up in Dallas. He will be a Laker, just a matter of time.

luke21
07-27-2012, 12:43 PM
It's simple:

Lakers will get him today,tomorrow,next week,before training camp??? He will be there eventually. Houston has been warned and now has backed off cause D12 WILL not resign there 25 mill or not!! Magic dont want the same in season drama like last year.......Orlando is putting this off for some better trade that wont happen.

Players in this league usually get what they want.

He wont get to the point of going to Dallas as a free agent.
Close this thread.

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
He's going to Dallas.

thedfactor
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Everybody hates Dwight's back-and-forth, but everyone would love to have him on their team. Simple

Nycbball08
07-27-2012, 01:06 PM
in jan they could technically make a trade, lopez for howard

Yea the Magic would jump all over that deal...:facepalm:

BigCityofDreams
07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Dwight won't end up in Dallas. He will be a Laker, just a matter of time.

Is the owner willing to see another center go to LA? He would rather send him to the Nets if that's the case.

crazyru
07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I wish Howard would sign and extension with Philly....

Pipe dreams.

theres always NBA 2k though. F YOU HOWARD YOU COMING TO PHILLY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

goose14741
07-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Him hitting free agency is like the one thing that's practically guaranteed.

Exactly, ppl on this site get lost in nonsense and dont hold onto the facts

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Think you worded that wrong

I did.

D12 fan
07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I wish Howard would sign and extension with Philly....

Pipe dreams.

theres always NBA 2k though. F YOU HOWARD YOU COMING TO PHILLY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

:laugh:

LTBaByyy
07-27-2012, 02:19 PM
He will get traded to Lakers

They want talent not Brook Lopez at 15 mil per year being their franchise player

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-27-2012, 02:20 PM
This is obviously if he doesn't get traded to the Lakers before January 15th or to BKN after January 15th.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Its really Lakers or Mavs

We havent even seen Lopez play this year or last year, reason they didnt trade for him

He gets hurt again its over, and he obviously wont have the same stats! He hasnt played with D Will, Joe Johnson, Wallace, and Brooks (All who score) and he has never been a good rebounder which will be worse playing with Humohries a rebounding machine

D12 fan
07-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah Dwight will basically end up playing for the 3 teams on his list Brooklyn/LA/Dallas.

He either gets traded to Brooklyn/LA during the season or he walks to Dallas as a FA.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Lopez is not a franchise player, Magic wont trade for him

Brook Lopez = Bargs on Raptors (Scores great, Poor defense, Below average rebounding for center)

Both are bad franchise players, check the records

But both are great 3rd or 4th options

C-Style
07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Lakers & Magic will try really hard to make a deal before the season begins. Neither team wants to begin the season with Dwight in Orlando.

Who knows if it will work but Bynum will bring a lot more bidders so i expect other teams to enter discussions as the 3rd team.

doc23
07-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Let Dallas have him,,, We have a very good team and need to shore up our bench.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2012, 03:37 PM
People are so dumb sometimes thinking the Magic front office is crazy

The Magic need cap relief as much as they need young talent! And Howard scared off every single team because he threatens them saying he will leave

Thats the hold up more than anything. They dont want Bynum (Who is a Free Agent) or Lopez (Talent wise) and keep all the bad contracts????

They want to get rid of Richardson, Davis, Duhon, and Turk

The Rockets was the perfect trade partner if Howard wanted to go there

hgtiger32
07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't understand why he doesn't want to go to the Bulls.

Teague
Noah
Deng/Gibson
Draft picks

Something along those lines

Kevj77
07-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Where else would he go?
No cap space for LA or BK to sign him lol...Howard is just reminding Orlando if he doesn't get his wish to be traded he has an acceptable option as a free agent.

Howard will either be a Laker, Net or Mav by this time next year. So they might as well trade him and get something now or nothing later.

Mr.B
07-28-2012, 12:13 PM

Personally I don't think there is any way in hell he hits free agency. I think he's going to be a Laker. IF (very doubtful) Dwight hit free agency though Dallas is his best option. Next off season the Lakers and Nets won't be able to do a sign and trade because they will be too far over the cap (new CBA Rules) and the only other team capable of contending that will have the cap space to sign him will be Dallas. Plus once Dirk retires the franchise will build around Dwight and Cuban and Donnie Nelson have shown they are more than capable of building a winning team.

Like I said though, there is no way he hits free agency. If I was Mark and Donnie (and Micheal Finley who is now Assistant to the GM with the Mavs) I would put my focus on Andrew Bynum (once Dwight is traded to the Lakers). There is no way Bynum signs a long term deal with the Magic and like Dwight the Mavs would be his best option once he hits free agency.

Chill_Will_24
07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
:yawn:

Chill_Will_24
07-28-2012, 12:51 PM
He will get traded to Lakers

They want talent not Brook Lopez at 15 mil per year being their franchise player

Its really Lakers or Mavs

We havent even seen Lopez play this year or last year, reason they didnt trade for him

He gets hurt again its over, and he obviously wont have the same stats! He hasnt played with D Will, Joe Johnson, Wallace, and Brooks (All who score) and he has never been a good rebounder which will be worse playing with Humohries a rebounding machine

Lopez is not a franchise player, Magic wont trade for him

Brook Lopez = Bargs on Raptors (Scores great, Poor defense, Below average rebounding for center)

Both are bad franchise players, check the records

But both are great 3rd or 4th options

Dude we get it. Your opinion is duly noted.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-28-2012, 01:00 PM
The Magic can't let him hit Free Agency. Does not make any sense for them. Seriously there is zero chance Orlando does not trade Dwight for the best they can get before the trade deadline, knowing Dwight will just walk in free agency and get nothing in return for him, stetting their franchise back years of losing seasons.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Dude we get it. Your opinion is duly noted.

no his opinion is fact ;)

BradHolt4CYoung
07-28-2012, 01:05 PM
People are so dumb sometimes thinking the Magic front office is crazy

The Magic need cap relief as much as they need young talent! And Howard scared off every single team because he threatens them saying he will leave

Thats the hold up more than anything. They dont want Bynum (Who is a Free Agent) or Lopez (Talent wise) and keep all the bad contracts????

They want to get rid of Richardson, Davis, Duhon, and Turk

The Rockets was the perfect trade partner if Howard wanted to go there

You realize you are talking about a 24 year old center whose career averages are 17.5 ppg/7.5 reb/1.5 blocks and has started 82 games in 3 of his 4 seasons??

MetroMan
07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
dwight is bi-polor

oscar_in_fw
07-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Only way Lakers get Howard is to do a sign&trade involving Bynum getting a contract extension with another team. Bynum would be stupid to let that happen.

Nets will probably land Howard and maybe accept one or more bad contracts to get him. Magic will take Lopez and picks because otherwise, they get nothing. Nets will be desperate to make it happen because otherwise, they will be stuck with an almost-contending team with no near-term ability to improve because of the new CBA rules (Nets are already way deep into luxury tax).

I actually hope Dwight plays decently for the Magic and then walks away as a FA. Then maybe the Mavs pick him (bad back-permitting).

MetroMan
07-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Only way Lakers get Howard is to do a sign&trade involving Bynum getting a contract extension with another team. Bynum would be stupid to let that happen.

Nets will probably land Howard and maybe accept one or more bad contracts to get him. Magic will take Lopez and picks because otherwise, they get nothing. Nets will be desperate to make it happen because otherwise, they will be stuck with an almost-contending team with no near-term ability to improve because of the new CBA rules (Nets are already way deep into luxury tax).

I actually hope Dwight plays decently for the Magic and then walks away as a FA. Then maybe the Mavs pick him (bad back-permitting).

with what cap. they burried themselves with lopez and joe

Mr.B
07-28-2012, 04:54 PM
with what cap. they burried themselves with lopez and joe

Any trade (Nets or Lakers) would have to happen by the trade deadline. After the season is over either team will not be able to do a sign and trade.

thephoenixson28
08-10-2012, 06:51 PM
If L.A. does not work out for Dwight (Howard), says source briefed on his thinking, he knows “Dallas will be there for him.” Mavs will have cap space.

via Marc Stein via Twitter

I would rather have him go with Dallas than stay with the Lakers.

gatkins11
08-10-2012, 11:48 PM
If L.A. does not work out for Dwight (Howard), says source briefed on his thinking, he knows “Dallas will be there for him.” Mavs will have cap space.

via Marc Stein via Twitter

I would rather have him go with Dallas than stay with the Lakers.

Me too. ;)

Aust
08-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Don't necro threads.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 11:53 PM
He isnt leaving the Lakers, no way it just doesnt work out.

CowboysKB24
08-10-2012, 11:56 PM
I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign with the Lakers when his contract is up. Thing have to go really disastrous. Lakers are championship contenders just like Howard wanted. Lakers front office is the best out there and they'll keep Howard happy even after this team is gone.

gatkins11
08-11-2012, 12:01 AM
He isnt leaving the Lakers, no way it just doesnt work out.

I completely agree.

LakersMaster24
08-11-2012, 12:08 AM
We all know that he won't leave. You don't leave the Lakers. You just don't.

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm a huge Mavs fan and even I know he won't leave the Lakers to sign with the Mavs. Outside of Lakers fans I was probably the only one on this board saying that Howard would end up with the Lakers. He will pretend to flirt with the Mavs in the off season to feed his ego and Mark Cuban will play in to it and end up looking like a dumbass when Howard resigns a max deal with the Lakers.

The Mavs will not get their guy until the other teams realize how F'ed they are by the new CBA and have to start dumping players (believe it or not this time is coming soon). The Mavs will be so far under the cap that they will be the only big market team that can take on those players.

So when all is said and done, Dwight will stay with the Lakers, and Bynum will stay with the Sixers (no way he leaves $25 mil on the table). The Mavs will end up with multiple top level players that no one expects them to end up with, and that no one expects to be released.

zB_#85
08-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Yea, Dwight's gonna give up the extra bird money AND the extra $25m from Adidas for being in a major market just to go play for Dallas. Don't think so, keep wishful thinking though folks.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-11-2012, 12:57 AM
:sleep::yawn::whistle:

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Yea, Dwight's gonna give up the extra bird money AND the extra $25m from Adidas for being in a major market just to go play for Dallas. Don't think so, keep wishful thinking though folks.

Dallas is also a big market team but I agree, he's not leaving LA.

zB_#85
08-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Dallas is also a big market team but I agree, he's not leaving LA.

Yea but Adidas wants him in either NY or LA (one of the 2 biggest markets) to give him that extra money. That's what I meant.

Mr.B
08-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Yea but Adidas wants him in either NY or LA (one of the 2 biggest markets) to give him that extra money. That's what I meant.

You do realize who the CEO of the Mavs is right? Terdema Ussery has close ties to Nike and is the former President of Nike Sports Management. Anyone who signs with the Mavs has an automatic deal with Nike. Adidas is not the reason Dwight will stay with the Lakers. It will be because the new CBA allows them to pay Dwight 1 extra year and $25 mil more than anyone else. Also the fact that he wants to be an actor after his NBA career is over and what better place for him to play than LA.

FriedTofuz
08-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Dude wtf the article is old. Howard said if hes not traded to the lakers or nets, he'll just sign with the mavs in 2013. Since hes on the lakers, he will not sign with dallas. Stop making up threads with late articles. this was from 3 weeks ago. Chill brah
And to all people stupid enough to entertain the OP, learn to read before you post/

Steelers23_06
08-11-2012, 05:32 AM
i think hes leaving personally. those are big feet to fill in wilt, shaq, kareem...those are the best bigs to ever play literally,thats my personal top 3 in no particular order. and i think dwight could get overshadowed by some of those names. i think LA will give him global exposure that could carry over to DAL where he could began his own legacy. already being the best center in a mavs uniform the 1st day he throws it on. and DAL has a rambunctious owner that can match his personality and assist him in building dwights conglomerate and providing him with a chance to win. like LA just a more lenient media and smaller shoes to fill.

Iceman_9
08-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Leaving Lakers for Mavericks? Cmon...

JordansBulls
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
He only leaves if he feels he isn't as involved as he should be or gets the credit he should.