PDA

View Full Version : Howard informs Lakers he will sign a extension after season

Sic_Wit_It
08-10-2012, 06:49 PM
According to TJ Simers of the LA Times "Howard has already told the Lakers he will sign a five year extension next summer."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-trade-20120810,0,5878646.column

xxplayerxx23
08-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Link?

Sic_Wit_It
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-trade-20120810,0,5878646.column

majmarcus
And the good news justa keeps coming in...

keetyweedy
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Its amazing how just today on sport center stephen A. smith says he "WILL" test free agency & now LA times says he will resign a extension lol ill believe it when i see it

*Superman*
08-10-2012, 06:59 PM
First he says he will test FA no matter what, now he's saying he will sign?

Let's see if he can keep his word this time.

Sic_Wit_It
08-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I agree...but I don't think Lakers make this trade without some type of assurance especially since Bynum was willing to sign an extension.

bholly
08-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Let's be clear on the terminology. If he signs after the season he'd be re-signing. It's a new contract.
It's only an 'extension' if it's during the current contract, ie during this season.

When people say he won't extend, they don't mean he won't return to the Lakers - they mean he wont sign an extension during the season.

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM
First he says he will test FA no matter what, now he's saying he will sign?

Let's see if he can keep his word this time.

That's why you don't believe sources,reporters just throw stuff out there to make them look like they are credible.

jayjay33
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Test FA and signing at the end of the season are the same thing. He will text FA means he won't re-up till he can get his max dollars/years not that he's gonna go on visits to other teams.....smh

KB24PG16
08-10-2012, 07:07 PM
He just wants all the money he can get I think from la....it would suck though if he left for dallas

yaswaggin
08-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Players like Dwight are ruining the nba

Gagan136
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
We'll see what happens, ya never know with Dwight

Sic_Wit_It
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I do not believe what Howard did was wrong. He let his team know that he is going to test free agency and that he does not want to return is admirable. By doing so, his current team has the chance to get something in return even if it's from a list of his preferred teams. He could just say nothing and leave the Magic with nothing or force them to trade him without really knowing his intentions.

oak2455
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Yessssss blueprint is in effect

Aust
08-10-2012, 07:37 PM
God, it's NOT an extension. He'd be RESIGNING

The Lakers have positioned themselves to essentially surrender Andrew Bynum for Howard in a four-team deal. Bynum is now going to do his handicap parking in Philadelphia.

lol

The goods
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM
We'll see what actually happens with him in the off-season.

Chronz
08-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Has there ever been a 4 team trade in which every team but the one with the best player, won the trade?

How the **** did this happen?

LakersMaster24
08-10-2012, 07:50 PM
:clap:

Sic_Wit_It
08-10-2012, 07:50 PM
You are correct Austeezy...it would be resigning and not an extension. Either way it's good news for Laker fans.

Sssmush
08-10-2012, 07:52 PM
According to TJ Simers of the LA Times "Howard has already told the Lakers he will sign a five year extension next summer."

We always knew that Dwight would have to finish the season before signing his next contract. I don't know why ESPN tries to make a story out of that, that Dwight will "test drive" the Lakers and become a free agent, with Dallas waiting in the wings. It was always a given that he could not extend until after the season, thanks to the new idiot CBA.

In Dallas, he would just get the 3 year deal AND he'd lose a lot of shoe money as well, for not being in LA or NY.

Also, why wouldn't he want to stay in Los Angeles on the Lakers? This will be sweet. And for that matter, the Lakers are having a look at Dwight just as Dwight is having a look at the Lakers.

I predict a long, happy marriage. :)

Sic_Wit_It
08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Everybody is bashing Orlando for this trade but people were crying foul at the Pau Gasol trade and it worked out nicely for Memphis. Time will tell, it's to early to judge Orlando's trade value.

Sssmush
08-10-2012, 07:55 PM
also if worse came to worse, the Lakers could sign and trade Dwight, and I'm pretty sure they'd do better than Al Harrington and some middle-lower-20's picks in the year 2030 or whatever.

BKLYNpigeon
08-10-2012, 07:56 PM
if Howard wants to make an extra 28 million on his Max contract he would hae to resign with the Lakers because they own his bird rights.

Mave1002
08-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Bottomline: Multiple rings.

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Everybody is bashing Orlando for this trade but people were crying foul at the Pau Gasol trade and it worked out nicely for Memphis. Time will tell, it's to early to judge Orlando's trade value.
memphis got screwed badly too. where's their 2 titles out of that deal? they gift wrapped 3 straight finals to la & had no clue marc gasol would be decent(but far from his HOF bro). they handed free titles to LA, & they sure as hell didn't get one. Jerry Wesy corrupt *** helped his fav team LA. these corrupt loser jabroni owners work only to get LA titles, that's what orlando just did too. these next 2 years are a wrap, probably even 3 straight. rigged as all hell. way to go orlando

goldenstater
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
without him signing now, its anything but a sure thing. i think with the Age of the Current Lakers Brass he probably wants to make one run at it then see maybe where he can go and compete for the rest of his career. cause lets be real this current lakers team has a competitive window of two years max imo( not trying tp stir anything up , just saying). so unless the Lakers can get considerably younger after next year( they are the lakers so its not impossible) maybe he doesnt see a bright enough future to stay or sign long term cause the other 3 are in decline no doubt, still playing at a high level all things considered but that team is gonna have a worse supporting cast than the magic did around DH. well see though but i think him not signing a deal now is cause for concern for LA.

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
multiple asterisk rings *

the league has been compromised, totally corrupt & it's getting embarrassingly obvious

Losoway
08-10-2012, 08:10 PM
its rumored that adidas was offering him ex amount of millions to either play with brooklyn or in La . for endorsments

i think he will stay . congrat lakers

Vinny642
08-10-2012, 09:20 PM
When he officially signs then ok, but until them, I won't believe crap this little cry baby says

juggla53
08-10-2012, 09:29 PM
without him signing now, its anything but a sure thing. i think with the Age of the Current Lakers Brass he probably wants to make one run at it then see maybe where he can go and compete for the rest of his career. cause lets be real this current lakers team has a competitive window of two years max imo( not trying tp stir anything up , just saying). so unless the Lakers can get considerably younger after next year( they are the lakers so its not impossible) maybe he doesnt see a bright enough future to stay or sign long term cause the other 3 are in decline no doubt, still playing at a high level all things considered but that team is gonna have a worse supporting cast than the magic did around DH. well see though but i think him not signing a deal now is cause for concern for LA.

haha, first of all the lakers can add the extra year and significant more money then any other team in the leauge, second they offer the big market of LA and the inevitable endorsement dollars that come with it. and finally while THIS laker team may have a championship window of a couple years, if dwight were to sign an extension he would be the only player they have commited money to in three years.

do you really think the LA lakers will have a hard time of attracting top level free agents with dwight howard and a boat load of cap space (kobe, nash, gasol will all be off the books at that point). i mean hold on to whateverhope u want but the lakers are primed to be top level contenders for the nest 7-10 years

king4day
08-10-2012, 09:35 PM
When does it get to the point where it's just not fun anymore for these teams?

Is it really fun to know the league isn't competitive and these 2-4 teams are just battling against themselves?

When the Saints won the Superbowl, there were multiple teams in the way and any of them had a real shot to win it all. It made it fun.

The only darkhorse team I see now is Denver and even they aren't knocking off LA or OKC.

It's sad when the only thing the fans of the remaining 25 teams or so have to look forward to is the year the CBA can be opt out of.