PDA

View Full Version : Hollinger: Alex Martins called Orlando trade, not Rob Henningan.

MagicBucsSox
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
John Hollinger

@johnhollinger
Go easy on Hennigan. Hearing Orl Pres Alex Martins likely ran this one. Always good to have non-bball folks make critical decision.

Back off rob, I think this is Martins trying to be Jim irsay

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I think most people are critical of the Magic managment/ownership all together, or should be. I mean, is a new GM going to tell his new boss, "dude, your deal sucks"?

Jenceman
08-10-2012, 04:50 PM
He should do just that. Just professionally.

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Another case of management getting too involved and not letting their general manager do his job. I don't necessarily think Hennigan has done a particularly good job up to this point, but I find it hard to believe that any competent GM would have made this trade.

Heediot
08-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Lolol.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
this martins guy makes dolan look competent

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I read somewhere Jerry West's alias is Alex Martin.

Heediot
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
After Hennigan re-signed Nelson for 8.6 per, maybe Martin was correct in not letting him make the Howard trade. However, Martin failed many times worse with what he actually did with the trade.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 05:10 PM

This

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 05:20 PM
People who hate on this trade for orl so hard must not understand basketball lol just cause its not pretty on paper or right now for Orlando and there isn't big flashy names coming to orl doesn't mean we got a bad deal... this trade is for the future not for the now. In two years we will know how good or bad this trade was for Orlando but people judge it as if we aren't trying to rebuild.

Lakers heat and okc will win titles for the next few years anyway I'd rather rebuild now then try and compete only to get knocked out by the heat.... by 2014 magic will have room for two Max players along with the possibility of have noel or shabazz by then not to mention harkless could be decent by then and we will have lots of picks to use or trade .... we also have a 17 mill tpe from this deal

I'm not saying its not ugly cause it sure is and we are gonna be horrid this year but that the whole point of rebuilding properly I'd take this over being a team like the nets right now ... they are capped out for a few years and won't get past the heat for the next 2 or 3 years .... sure making the playoffs is fun but the goal is to win titles.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Double post

Punk
08-10-2012, 05:21 PM
He made the trade as a "promise" he made to Dwight. This guy is awful and should be fired.

SouthSideRookie
08-10-2012, 05:44 PM
I think most people are critical of the Magic managment/ownership all together, or should be. I mean, is a new GM going to tell his new boss, "dude, your deal sucks"?

This is very similar to Drayton Mclane's days as an owner in Houston. Never really allowing the decision-makers to fully take control of the everyday dealings withing the organization. Slowly but surely he eventually ran the franchise straight to the ground.

Maybe that was the reasoning for the hiring of a thirty year old unproven rookie gm, to have a scapegoat for the possible demise of this debacle.

More-Than-Most
08-10-2012, 06:11 PM
He made the trade as a "promise" he made to Dwight. This guy is awful and should be fired.

this

Just a flat out **** you to the fans

EDUTEXANS
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
People who hate on this trade for orl so hard must not understand basketball lol just cause its not pretty on paper or right now for Orlando and there isn't big flashy names coming to orl doesn't mean we got a bad deal... this trade is for the future not for the now. In two years we will know how good or bad this trade was for Orlando but people judge it as if we aren't trying to rebuild.

Lakers heat and okc will win titles for the next few years anyway I'd rather rebuild now then try and compete only to get knocked out by the heat.... by 2014 magic will have room for two Max players along with the possibility of have noel or shabazz by then not to mention harkless could be decent by then and we will have lots of picks to use or trade .... we also have a 17 mill tpe from this deal

I'm not saying its not ugly cause it sure is and we are gonna be horrid this year but that the whole point of rebuilding properly I'd take this over being a team like the nets right now ... they are capped out for a few years and won't get past the heat for the next 2 or 3 years .... sure making the playoffs is fun but the goal is to win titles.

we all get what you're saying but... they're rebuilding with what? they got three BAD picks, a mid-round draft pick in Harkless and Afflalo while not getting rid of all the bad contracts and signing Nelson to another one. To me, that trade made no sense whatsoever, if the Rockets were indeed offering what has been reported, Orlando just took a bad decision, face it. Utah, New Orleans and Denver got more from their superstars.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 08:13 PM
It was recently reported rockets weren't willing to take on any of our bad deals so that deal wasn't nearly as good as reported

The picks in this deal are better then first Rounders we would have got from the nets with Dwight on there team and taking on Lopez at 15 mill a year isn't good for a rebuild, after this year the only players we will have decent money tied to is afflalo (who is a very tradable player) baby Davis and nelson.... hedo and harrington can be bought out mcrobs expiring jj expires ... not saying its some great deal but like I said come 2014 we will have tons of cap space and picks and youth from this deal ... and we can suck this year and be a top 3 pick... in 2 years this could look like a great deal for us you can't say it horrible yet

thekmp211
08-10-2012, 08:27 PM
win now mode engaged. smh.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 08:38 PM
It was recently reported rockets weren't willing to take on any of our bad deals so that deal wasn't nearly as good as reported

The picks in this deal are better then first Rounders we would have got from the nets with Dwight on there team and taking on Lopez at 15 mill a year isn't good for a rebuild, after this year the only players we will have decent money tied to is afflalo (who is a very tradable player) baby Davis and nelson.... hedo and harrington can be bought out mcrobs expiring jj expires ... not saying its some great deal but like I said come 2014 we will have tons of cap space and picks and youth from this deal ... and we can suck this year and be a top 3 pick... in 2 years this could look like a great deal for us you can't say it horrible yet

so having a player who scores 19 ppg and is 23 isnt good a rebuild?

shep33
08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
so having a player who scores 19 ppg and is 23 isnt good a rebuild?

Problem with getting Bynum or Lopez is that they would have to pay them a ton, plus it only makes them mediocre. After Bynum or Lopez, they wouldn't have any solid players. Maybe Brooks, but lets be real the Magic would'v been a 7-8 seed at best. Which is the worst position

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Not at 15 mill a year and not when his job is too rebound and block and he can't do those things

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Problem with getting Bynum or Lopez is that they would have to pay them a ton, plus it only makes them mediocre. After Bynum or Lopez, they wouldn't have any solid players. Maybe Brooks, but lets be real the Magic would'v been a 7-8 seed at best. Which is the worst position

they would have still been a bottom team with brooks and lopez, only difference is they had to pay lopez but its not like you can build a championship team on rookie contracts lol... you have to pay people

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Not at 15 mill a year and not when his job is too rebound and block and he can't do those things

you believe everything people say on PSD?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 08:46 PM
O shepp I wish most poster had common sense like you lol

Not to mention who knows if Lopez foot holds up ... seven footers and foot injuries don't mix well

shep33
08-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Mitch Kupchak is on the air right now, he's saying that Hennigan called the Lakers, and the deal was done pretty quickly.

I think Hennigan know's what he's doing. He just sped up the rebuilding process quite dramatically. I understand that they didn't get a stud back, but they got some solid young players, 5 picks, and some great contracts (Harrington and McRoberts), while also dumping Jrich and Duhon''s deals.

They also got some pretty big trade exceptions.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Yea you have to pay people but Lopez can't carry a team he isn't a player u build a team around ... and he is also a center and his greatest skill is scoring.... I dont want my centers main skill to be scoring

I want the magic to choose whom they pay 15 mill a year not take on someone whose making that much

Robbw241
08-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Players didn't want to go to Orlando with Dwight, why would they now???

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Yea you have to pay people but Lopez can't carry a team he isn't a player u build a team around ... and he is also a center and his greatest skill is scoring.... I dont want my centers main skill to be scoring

I want the magic to choose whom they pay 15 mill a year not take on someone whose making that much

whats bad about a center that can score? ... if hes scoring on those so called "defensive centers" then whats the point in having your main "skill" as defense lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Got two tpes in the deal one is 17 mil the other one is 7 mil from Denver

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 08:57 PM

there are only maybe 5 players in this league that can "carry" a team... good luck finding one lol

shep33
08-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Players didn't want to go to Orlando with Dwight, why would they now???

I don't think that's true. The Magic never had any flexibility to get anyone.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Players go where money is there was no big name free agents to sign that we missed out on ... its not like they coulda got dwill or cp3 here they were never fa and magic didnt have assets to trade for them ... like I said tell me about in 2 years and ill say u were right

And yea there is nothing bad with a center that can score but thats if he can rebound and block

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Dude jmoney what are u gloating about its not like nets will be contending for rings anytime
Soon either there a 3 seed at best destined to be knocked out by heat and no cap room to improve

I'd rather suck and rebuild right

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Players go where money is there was no big name free agents to sign that we missed out on ... its not like they coulda got dwill or cp3 here they were never fa and magic didnt have assets to trade for them ... like I said tell me about in 2 years and ill say u were right

And yea there is nothing bad with a center that can score but thats if he can rebound and block

and players talk... you think dwight wont tell every star about orlando and how they treated him? not to mention players are going to get more money to stay where they are... I dont see FA's taking a significant cut to go play in orlando

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Dude jmoney what are u gloating about its not like nets will be contending for rings anytime
Soon either there a 3 seed at best destined to be knocked out by heat and no cap room to improve

I'd rather suck and rebuild right

when have I gloated in this thread?

and I rather be a 3 seed then a no seed....you rebuild come back still wont beat the heat so whats the difference? lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Its about winning rings bro not being a 3 seed and by the time we rebuild heat won't be OD anymore

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Its about winning rings bro not being a 3 seed and by the time we rebuild heat won't be OD anymore

how manys do the magic have in history? and how many do the nets have?

exactly... its much better selling tickets and being relevant rather than tanking and hoping you are good one day

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I didn't say magic had any but I'd rather my team gut it and rebuild then be destined to be a 3rd seed with no hopes of winning a ring in the next 3 or 4 year and then having to rebuild after that anyways... I'd rather gut it suck rebuild while the heat and laker win ring for the next 3 or 4 years and try and be ready for when there teams break down some

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 09:32 PM
lol good luck with that

as a nets fan I went through it and it never goes as planned and its boring real quick....

not to mention if you want to do it that way you have to hit on multiple top 5 picks and they have to be absolute studs... doesnt always work that way

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I remember when the Dwight rumors were swirling again the start of the off season you swore up and down Dwight would be a net you were so cocky and sure of it as if it was done deal....

Now ur just butt hurt we didn't give u Dwight and ya have a capped out 3 seed so u have to whine about how Lopez would a been way better with him yet with Lopez and dwill and Joe Johnson ur still not good enough to get to ecf

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Exactly this may not go as I hope that why I've said 5 times come back in two years maybe 3 and tell me this deal sucked for Orlando and you told me so and ill say damn it jmoney u were right u sob

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I remember when the Dwight rumors were swirling again the start of the off season you swore up and down Dwight would be a net you were so cocky and sure of it as if it was done deal....

Now ur just butt hurt we didn't give u Dwight and ya have a capped out 3 seed so u have to whine about how Lopez would a been way better with him yet with Lopez and dwill and Joe Johnson ur still not good enough to get to ecf

well when I read

dwight to nets "IMMINENT" im pretty sure that means done deal

its not my fault the magic couldnt make up their minds... and since when is being capped out at a 3 seed a bad thing?... a few injuries to other teams and someone could def win a ring that was not expected to

like I said... you need to be in it to win it

HOLY TOLEDO
08-10-2012, 09:40 PM

Similar to what people said when the Lakers traded Shaq, in the end it all worked out, some called it the worst trade in the history of the league.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
And this trade could end up being the worst ever but its not a deal that can be graded now in 2 years we will see how this helped us...

Kinda like in the NFL people will ask the draft experts "was this player a good pick at this spot?" They usually will say we will see in a year or two

jimm120
08-10-2012, 09:51 PM

lol lol llol :clap::eyebrow:;):):D

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Nets are closer to winning a championship then being the worst team in the 4 team trade. Magic might break Bobcats record this season.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Yea that's the point is too suck for a high pick mrfavors lol nets have no chance of winning a ring in the next 4 years either bro I'd rather be rebuilding while not having a chance to win a ring then be capped out for years to come ....

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I dunno how u even show urself on psd after this favors u were the worst on acting like Dwight would be a net ... people diss u in Convos when ur not even around .... lol

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Yea that's the point is too suck for a high pick mrfavors lol nets have no chance of winning a ring in the next 4 years either bro I'd rather be rebuilding while not having a chance to win a ring then be capped out for years to come ....

by the time the magic are done "rebuilding" the nets will have every contract off the books

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I really cant believe you are talking about this, no you arent. Nobody would rather rebuild. Stop trying to defend this trade this is the worst trade in NBA history.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Yea and then there rebuild will start ....

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Our options were to rebuild or be a middle pack team like the rockets .... I choose to rebuild any day

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
they would have still been a bottom team with brooks and lopez, only difference is they had to pay lopez but its not like you can build a championship team on rookie contracts lol... you have to pay people

I don't understand this troll. He says Lopez is all god and mighty yet with or without him the Magics are a "bottom team" so why pay a max contract to a non-difference maker?

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Our options were to rebuild or be a middle pack team like the rockets .... I choose to rebuild any day

lol the rockets arent a middle of the pack team... they are terrible

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
OK then when he proves how great of a difference maker he is this season with a cast of dwill Joe and gforce u can use that.... but when his foot gives out a month into the season it won't matter

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
They pick 14-16 every year doesn't get much more middle then that

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
OK then when he proves how great of a difference maker he is this season with a cast of dwill Joe and gforce u can use that.... but when his foot gives out a month into the season it won't matter

his twin brother had the same exact foot injury and is fine

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I really cant believe you are talking about this, no you arent. Nobody would rather rebuild. Stop trying to defend this trade this is the worst trade in NBA history.

Actually Joe Johnson and his behemoth contract to the Nets is the worst trade in NBA history. I rather have the Magic roster than the Nets. Magic can rebuild and become a Thunder-like team in the future. The Nets will be perennial pretenders for the next 5-7 years; get bounced from the playoffs and can't improve because the cap restrictions. The truth hurts doesn't it?
Too good to get a lottery pick and potentially a difference maker, not good enough to win anything.

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
hes a difference maker when hes surrounded by other players....mad you're ********?

A star player can carry a team to a 7-8th seed. IF Lopez can't do that, why the hell would anyone give him a max contract? "Surrounded by other players" lol.... Why would anyone build around a center that doesn't and can't rebound? Are you ********?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Despite what I say about brook I like him just not at 15 mill a year ... but maybe he will beast this year and prove me wrong he is waaaay better then robin lol

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Actually Joe Johnson and his behemoth contract to the Nets is the worst trade in NBA history. I rather have the Magic roster than the Nets. Magic can rebuild and become a Thunder-like team in the future. The Nets will be perennial pretenders for the next 5-7 years; get bounced from the playoffs and can't improve because the cap restrictions. The truth hurts doesn't it?
Too good to get a lottery pick and potentially a difference maker, not good enough to win anything.

Do you know how hard it is to be a OKC thunder team? VERY HARD look at Pistons,Kings,Warriors, Raptors,Minnesota have been rebuilding for years and still not even a playoff team. How cant Nets improve? Lakers were a middle of the pack team and got Steve Nash and then traded for Dwight? Please stop.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:20 PM
A star player can carry a team to a 7-8th seed. IF Lopez can't do that, why the hell would anyone give him a max contract? "Surrounded by other players" lol.... Why would anyone build around a center that doesn't and can't rebound? Are you ********?

since when does every max player = a star?

if you knew anything about basketball except reading opinions on PSD you would know that at one point in his career he did rebound... drink coke try again

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Despite what I say about brook I like him just not at 15 mill a year ... but maybe he will beast this year and prove me wrong he is waaaay better then robin lol

He can double his rebounds last year and he's still a scrub.

3.6 Rebounds for a Center. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
15m for 3.6 rebs/g...

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Did u just say Lakers were a middle of the pack team?

Bro ur dumb ... wow no credibility anymore what so ever

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
He can double his rebounds last year and he's still a scrub.

3.6 Rebounds for a Center. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
15m for 3.6 rebs/g...

he played 5 games last season.... are you ********?

I answered my own question

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Do you know how hard it is to be a OKC thunder team? VERY HARD look at Pistons,Kings,Warriors, Raptors,Minnesota have been rebuilding for years and still not even a playoff team. How cant Nets improve? Lakers were a middle of the pack team and got Steve Nash and then traded for Dwight? Please stop.

The difference is the Lakers has/had commodities people want. Nets have 0. Don't compare Bynum and Gasol's trade value to Brook 3 rebounds Lopez....

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:23 PM
since when does every max player = a star?

if you knew anything about basketball except reading opinions on PSD you would know that at one point in his career he did rebound... drink coke try again

Career 7 rebounds... Centers should get 10 in their sleep. He's a center playing as a shooting guard. Why the hell would anyone want a big playing small?

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Did u just say Lakers were a middle of the pack team?

Bro ur dumb ... wow no credibility anymore what so ever

Yeah the last 2 years

Fisher or Sessions
Kobe
World Peace
Gasol
Bynum

got swept twice by Dallas last year and winning once this year against OKC.

Since then they have added Nash and Dwight both on big contracts

leoncito
08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Players wanted to come to Orlando but we got screwed with cap space (otis) and bad trades. Cp3 would had stated his intentions to pair up with dwight but we had no flexability. When we did have cap space years ago to lure free agents. We got the tmac, grant hill and duncun almost signed. Robinson had to come from vacation to talk him into staying in SA.

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:25 PM
he played 5 games last season.... are you ********?

I answered my own question

Exactly in 5 games, if he was any good. He should have a bloated number like 15, not a pathetic 3.

Troll, you can't beat me you're not smart enough.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:26 PM
The difference is the Lakers has/had commodities people want. Nets have 0. Don't compare Bynum and Gasol's trade value to Brook 3 rebounds Lopez....

Humphries, Lopez, Tetovic, Wallace
and yeah I will because Portland and Charlotte were going to offer Lopez a max contract, those are general managers in the NBA so he does have value. Your opinion doesnt matter in the NBA because you probably have a 7 dollar an hour job.

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Humphries, Lopez, Tetovic, Wallace
and yeah I will because Portland and Charlotte were going to offer Lopez a max contract, those are general managers in the NBA so he does have value. Your opinion doesnt matter in the NBA because you probably have a 7 dollar an hour job.

Your mom pays more than that but that's not the point. Good job you listed 4 above average players, none of them are stars. None of them will yield a top 5 NBA player whereas Pau = Chris Paul and Bynum = Howard. You fools gambled and lost.
Howard/JJ/Wallace/Dwill = deadly
Ms. Lopez/ Humpy Dumpy/ Wallace / JJ / Dwill = perennial losers.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Your mom pays more than that but that's not the point. Good job you listed 4 above average players, none of them are stars. None of them will yield a top 5 NBA player whereas Pau = Chris Paul and Bynum = Howard. You fools gambled and lost.

Pau didnt yield cp3

and bynum only got dwight because the magic were dumb enough to do the trade

try and pull that stunt on a GM with a half of a brain

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Pau didnt yield cp3

and bynum only got dwight because the magic were dumb enough to do the trade

try and pull that stunt on a GM with a half of a brain

If the Magic were so dumb, why isn't Howard a Net? The Magic were smart enough to reject those crap.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:36 PM

Steve Nash was signed through a sign and trade which went into a Lakers trade exception, teams could get better every year. Nets didnt lose anything? lol we didnt lose our starting center who is the best in the league. We had nothing to do with this trade and lost nothing. Nothing you can say will do anything to me :) I am very happy with the team the Nets have.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:36 PM
If the Magic were so dumb, why isn't Howard a Net? The Magic were smart enough to reject those crap.

because they obviously didnt want dwight to get his wish... how does it feel knowing dwight really wanted brooklyn over your lakers?

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
because they obviously didnt want dwight to get his wish... how does it feel knowing dwight really wanted brooklyn over your lakers?

I don't care if he hates the Lakers. If he plays well and does his job, who gives a *** about "feelings"?

You are seriously a really $hitty troll. What kind of troll talks about feelings..lol

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't care if he hates the Lakers. If he plays well and does his job, who gives a *** about "feelings"?

You are seriously a really $hitty troll. What kind of troll talks about feelings..lol

didnt you just talk about someones mother on an internet forum?

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I dont even get this guy, the Lakers dont concern me my team isnt in the Western Conference and I wont even see the Lakers a lot only twice a year. I dont care about the Lakers.

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Jmoney and his one of many fail comebacks. You can't even troll properly. You're such a scrub. lol

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I dont even get this guy, the Lakers dont concern me my team isnt in the Western Conference and I wont even see the Lakers a lot only twice a year. I dont care about the Lakers.

Yep.. Nets will see the Lakers only twice a year whereas the Heat see the Lakers at least 6. Sucks to be bad.

Cracka2HI!
08-10-2012, 10:49 PM
WOW! Orlando could have gotten a WAY better deal! I don't really understand why they did this. You get Afflalo, Harkless and 3 high #2's for Howard?

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Yep.. Nets will see the Lakers only twice a year whereas the Heat see the Lakers at least 6. Sucks to be bad.

You do realize that Nash is past his prime, Dwight is injured, World Peace is awful and Kobe is past his prime.
Sucks to be old

OKC vs Heat part 2

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:51 PM

you mean the heat will see the lakers twice

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Jmoney and his one of many fail comebacks. You can't even troll properly. You're such a scrub. lol

the funny thing is im not trying to troll... you just got trolled thinking I was trolling

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 10:56 PM
why would a rebuilding magic team want Big Baby,Harrigton,Mcroberts, Hedo?

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:56 PM
the funny thing is im not trying to troll... you just got trolled thinking I was trolling

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh... so you're naturally stupid. Good to know... I guess..

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:57 PM
why would a rebuilding magic team want Big Baby,Harrigton,Mcroberts, Hedo?

BabY + Hedo were before the rebuilding process...

Harrington + McRoberts are both expiring....

Any more dumb questions?

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Oh... so you're naturally stupid. Good to know... I guess..

resort to insults when losing an internet argument

trolled 101

Corey
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Why even bother hiring a GM if you're going to cut him off at the knees and make deals on your own?

Cracka2HI!
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I think Bynum straight up, Brook Lopez straight up and Houston's "assets" picks while dumping all their garbage were better deals than this. Hell the Clippers could have offered Jordan, Bledsoe and a couple picks. I think that would have been a better deal.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
BabY + Hedo were before the rebuilding process...

Harrington + McRoberts are both expiring....

Any more dumb questions?

My point is why wouldnt they try to clear those guys if they are the ones giving Dwight away and not getting anything? Also Qrich.

My dumb questions, get even dumber answers..Harrington isnt expiring? Anymore replys that you keep getting owned?

I run this board :cool: get used it nobody

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Why even bother hiring a GM if you're going to cut him off at the knees and make deals on your own?

During the press conference, Mitch said Rob called him with a proposal (this deal). So to answer your question, he needs people to make calls for him?

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 11:04 PM
My point is why wouldnt they try to clear those guys if they are the ones giving Dwight away and not getting anything? Also Qrich.

My dumb questions, get even dumber answers..Harrington isnt expiring? Anymore replys that you keep getting owned?

Holy crap, it ends in 2015... LOL

Okay to answer your question, there are people dumber than DomeFavors and Jmoney in this world.

Magic can only throw away so many players at once
Duhon + Richardson.... is a start.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM

Okay to answer your question, there are people dumber than DomeFavors and Jmoney in this world.

:eyebrow:

So you can keep trying to defend this crap of a trade if you want.

But in my eyes you have no credibility, never heard of you before 30 minutes ago.

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 11:10 PM
:eyebrow:

So you can keep trying to defend this crap of a trade if you want.

But in my eyes you have no credibility, never heard of you before 30 minutes ago.

Not the Lakers' fault that the Magic didn't want Bynum.

You got your fame as being a notorious clown. Except your jokes weren't/aren't funny, they were/are stupid and ridiculed.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 11:15 PM

duhon = 7.6 million

richardson = 18.6 milloon (including player option)

thats 26.2 million that was sent out

they got back

afflalo = 30 millon (including player option)

mcroberts = 3 million

harrington =14 million

thats 47 million guaranteed...

so the magic took back over 20 million lol

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM

You got your fame as being a notorious clown. Except your jokes weren't/aren't funny, they were/are stupid and ridiculed.

My points readily describe how I feel, you are valiantly attempting to get to my status but nobody is taking you seriously. Your pointless predicament is evidently a bore. I can put my name in any post and get replys by everyone they might think I troll but still reply to my post because they know im right. I am done with you have fun :clap: your doing a great job.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 11:17 PM

insulting people on an internet forum

are you hoping that it hurts?

BigCityofDreams
08-10-2012, 11:25 PM

This made me laugh not because it's true but because it's funny as hell.

ThunderousDemon
08-10-2012, 11:27 PM
^ Nets fans trolling hard, probably because they didn't get Dwight.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
^ Nets fans trolling hard, probably because they didn't get Dwight.

nets fans knew they werent getting dwight a long time ago bro lol

DoMeFavors
08-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Lakers better hope they can get a championship in the next 2 years because I think Gasol,Nash,Kobe,Jamison will all be leaving Dwight by himself in LA and it will be similar to Orlando. But I expect Lakers to get him better talent then Magic ever did but most of the stars are going to be teamed up with each other elsewhere.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 12:19 AM
duhon = 7.6 million

richardson = 18.6 milloon (including player option)

thats 26.2 million that was sent out

they got back

afflalo = 30 millon (including player option)

mcroberts = 3 million

harrington =14 million

thats 47 million guaranteed...

so the magic took back over 20 million lol

Dude u left Dwight 20 mill out of your out going figures your an idiot they didnt take back 20 mill they got rid of people with deal left they couldn't shed for few more year for players they can .... Harrington will be bought out mcrobs expires vuevic eyenga and harkless all cheap the only player they will have long term from the trade that making more the 7 mill a year is afflalo and he is a good player to have and could easily be traded ...
Its been reported by people who actually know wtf there talking about this deal saved otown close to 30 mill and they will have 30 mill in cap space come 2014

After this year we can lose hedo Harrington mcrobs also redick qrich and we will have young players like harkless Nicholson vueuvic and possibly shabazz or noel moving forwards with lots of cap room and some vets in Nelson baby Davis and afflalo

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 12:30 AM
This is what rebuilding looks like: picks, $30 million cap room in 2014. -- Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider)

Stop acting like this deal didn't speed up our rebuilding cause it did

SmartestGuyHere
08-11-2012, 12:33 AM

He conveniently left out Howard.... Lol.... He thinks this is baseball where you can add 20m to your payroll in a trade.

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Dude u left Dwight 20 mill out of your out going figures your an idiot they didnt take back 20 mill they got rid of people with deal left they couldn't shed for few more year for players they can .... Harrington will be bought out mcrobs expires vuevic eyenga and harkless all cheap the only player they will have long term from the trade that making more the 7 mill a year is afflalo and he is a good player to have and could easily be traded ...
Its been reported by people who actually know wtf there talking about this deal saved otown close to 30 mill and they will have 30 mill in cap space come 2014

After this year we can lose hedo Harrington mcrobs also redick qrich and we will have young players like harkless Nicholson vueuvic and possibly shabazz or noel moving forwards with lots of cap room and some vets in Nelson baby Davis and afflalo

all of the money I have there is guaranteed money... you can buy harrignton out but you still owe him 14 million... you traded dwight howard and added money gj

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:40 AM

you would have had that much cap space if you let dwight go in FA lol

and you would have still had 30 million in cap space in 2014 lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
U left our Dwights salary in your figures dude we added no more u say we added 20 mill but u left out where we sent 20 mill out in Dwight ur an idiot dude lol I really thought u were smarter then that bro no lie.....

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
http://www.iamagm.com/article/rockets-had-the-better-offer-for-dwight-howard--alex-martins-not-rob-hennigan-made-the-decision#.UCXiip1lTjI

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:44 AM
U left our Dwights salary in your figures dude we added no more u say we added 20 mill but u left out where we sent 20 mill out in Dwight ur an idiot dude lol I really thought u were smarter then that bro no lie.....

dwight makes 26 million?...no... so you added money

jmoney85
08-11-2012, 12:45 AM
magic added around 8 million to their payroll

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
We still would have jrich then and even if not OK lets say we did it your way since its all the same and let Dwight walk...

Dwight walks ... come 2014 we have .... cap space

Dwight trade.... come 2014 we have..... cap space, 5 extra draft picks (which are assets regardless where they are in the draft), afflalo harkless vueuvic and a prospect in eyenga

Yea your right its the same as letting Dwight walking and rebuild..... lol damn j I thought u were much smarter then this and I'm not being sarcastic

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Dude I never said Dwight makes 26 mil I said 20 but its actually closer to 19 .... and more then half of what your saying we added is an expiring mcrobs dude ... I really don't care if we added 30 mill this year as long as it saves us money in the long term which it does it doesnt matter ...

Load us up with expirings and players that can be bought out after this year we gonna suck anyway it dont matter... all that matters is in 2014 we will have

30mill in cap
Lots of picks to work with
Prospects like harkless vuevic eyenga
A top player from the draft like shabazz or noel
And a some decent veterans in Nelson afflalo and Davis

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 01:07 AM
30 million in cap room to spend on who? Orlando now has a reputation thanks to Tmac,Shaq,Hill,Dwight of being an awful place to take their talents.

blastmasta26
08-11-2012, 01:41 AM
My points readily describe how I feel, you are valiantly attempting to get to my status but nobody is taking you seriously. Your pointless predicament is evidently a bore. I can put my name in any post and get replys by everyone they might think I troll but still reply to my post because they know im right. I am done with you have fun :clap: your doing a great job.

That's actually the opposite of the truth. People respond to your posts to disprove what you say. Kind of like what I'm doing right now.

On topic though, the trade is terrible and always will be unless Harkless turns out to be a beast and the Magic draft 3 great role players or make a big move with those picks. They'd be much better off starting their rebuild with the Nets trade (or even Rockets, depending on what they actually were willing to part with). Sure, Lopez is overpaid, but all centers nowadays are and for a team that's not likely to acquire big name FA's anytime soon, you have to overpay sometimes. You can still tank and let the big contracts expire while developing good pieces in Brooks and Lopez.

shep33
08-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Nobody will know the full extent of Houston's deal. Once Dwight said he wouldn't re-sign with Houston, that went out the window. If they did have the better deal, it would've been taken. Maybe Morey didn't want to deal with Orlando after Dwight refusing to be there long term.

I've also read that Houston was willing to take back 1 bad contract, not 2-3.

SouthSideRookie
08-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Nobody will know the full extent of Houston's deal. Once Dwight said he wouldn't re-sign with Houston, that went out the window. If they did have the better deal, it would've been taken. Maybe Morey didn't want to deal with Orlando after Dwight refusing to be there long term.

I've also read that Houston was willing to take back 1 bad contract, not 2-3.

per Jonathan Feigen:

The Rockets had tried to position themselves for this opportunity, offering the Toronto pick they got for Kyle Lowry along with a pick from Dallas and were open to adding a pick of their own. They would have sent two players from among Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Donatas Motiejunas, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones. And they would have taken back two large Orlando contracts Hedo Turkoglu and either Chris Duhon or Jason Richardson without sending back corresponding burdensome contracts to offer the Magic roughly $12 million more in cap room than they have now.

He also mentioned that the Magic were high on AA and decided he would be the key of a deal. I don't know who's dumber, the Rockets for actually offering all that or the Magic for turning it down. I guess I shouldn't be suprised on the Rockets end, they were offering all their draft picks(3) pre-draft.

It's an epic fail on the Magic end, AA is actually older than Howard along w/ crappy draft picks which have protection for the best center in the game.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 10:51 AM
The Magic decided to send Dwight Howard to the Lakers in a four-team trade instead of offers from both the Rockets and Nets.Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Woj says otherwise

SouthSideRookie
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Woj says otherwise

I'll go with JF take over Woj even, he's very reliable. Also RH made a comment about the offer sheets making it difficult for the Magic to deal with Houston. Morey refuted that in a radio interview yesterday.

Regardless, Houston's deal trumps the deal the Magic got, easily.

Raidaz4Life
08-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure why everyone here thinks the Magic were not going to take the move they thought was best for their team. They gained nothing out of shipping Dwight to LA over Houston if Houston did in fact have the better deal.

naps
08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Aron Affalo is the best player Magic got in return for Dwight Howard? Okay, No need for any investigation people this trade is near fair.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Affalo can ball.

LakersIn5
08-11-2012, 12:02 PM
you would have had that much cap space if you let dwight go in FA lol

and you would have still had 30 million in cap space in 2014 lol

but that wouldnt make the lakers any better.

king2218
08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
ORL will be fine. The team is good enough to win atleast 40 games and make the playoffs. ORL improved its SG positon with Affalo tremendously and have a decent center. He can be good enough to give 10pts 10reb especially if Ewing is bought back to coach him. And ORL also has $17.3 million in trade exception to use next off-season to possibly sign Harden, Ibaka, Josh Smith or even Bynum.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 12:24 PM
ORL will be fine. The team is good enough to win atleast 40 games and make the playoffs. ORL improved its SG positon with Affalo tremendously and have a decent center. He can be good enough to give 10pts 10reb especially if Ewing is bought back to coach him. And ORL also has $17.3 million in trade exception to use next off-season to possibly sign Harden, Ibaka, Josh Smith or even Bynum.

You deserve :laugh:

A couple of these :facepalm::facepalm:

And one of these :punish:

I hope you was joking,you seriously think Orlando will make the playoffs with their roster?

Orlando big 3 (Affalo/Big Baby/Jameer) will make the playoffs.lol

koreancabbage
08-11-2012, 12:27 PM

umm no they will not sign Ibaka, Smith or Bynum or even Harden. They are rebuilding via the draft.

RLundi
08-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Nets fans hi-jacking this thread :pity:

shep33
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
per Jonathan Feigen:

He also mentioned that the Magic were high on AA and decided he would be the key of a deal. I don't know who's dumber, the Rockets for actually offering all that or the Magic for turning it down. I guess I shouldn't be suprised on the Rockets end, they were offering all their draft picks(3) pre-draft.

It's an epic fail on the Magic end, AA is actually older than Howard along w/ crappy draft picks which have protection for the best center in the game.

It's a tricky scenario. I honestly don't know who to believe. I've read that Houston wasn't offering as much as was perceived, and I've also read that Howard not willing to re-sign with Houston may have turned them off.

I don't know, but imo Houston should be glad that they didn't give up all that for a guy who wouldn't re-up in all likelihood. Just as you stated.

RLundi
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
umm no they will not sign Ibaka, Smith or Bynum or even Harden. They are rebuilding via the draft.

Magic are clearing as much as $30M in cap room over the next two summers. What are you saying, that they are going to sit on that money forever?

imagesrdecievin
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Magic are clearing as much as $30M in cap room over the next two summers. What are you saying, that they are going to sit on that money forever?

Without a strong FO/plan/some selling point that cap space is overrated. Either the best FA's that are worth the money spurn you or you go on a FA shopping trip like Detroit did once upon a time and wind up with the likes of Chalie Villanueva and Ben Gordon.

knickerbockerny
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
There is no defending this deal, the timing of it, after free agency and the draft, and the haul the Magic got back was ridiculously bad.

Out of all of the players who could have came back in the deal, because they sent out so much money, to get back Afflalo, Harrington, a rookie who won't contribute for a couple of years, and late round picks that are protected is incompetent.

Your trying to tell me the Magic could not get Faried back, or Gallinari, or Chandler, or Lawson, or Evan Turner, or Jrue Holiday, or Pau Gasol, or Ron Artest, or Thaddeus Young, or Iggy, or not have the picks protected, smh, that is incompetence at its finest.

The trade does not make sense from a business standpoint or basketball standpoint. There is no defending it.

RLundi
08-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Without a strong FO/plan/some selling point that cap space is overrated. Either the best FA's that are worth the money spurn you or you go on a FA shopping trip like Detroit did once upon a time and wind up with the likes of Chalie Villanueva and Ben Gordon.

I don't think Orlando will ever have a problem drawing free agents. Florida plus no state income has historically demonstrated when the money is there, free agents consider us.

Signing two max-level players IS a vision. Combine that with a high draft pick next year and 5 draft picks over the course of a few seasons provides flexibility. I liken it to the Heart and Hustle years where we lured T-Mac and Grant Hill. Will that happen again? Probably not. But I disagree calling $30M in cap space for a team that has done historically well drawing free agents 'overrated.'

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Dude shut up u know how dumb u make magic fans look with this crap?

We will be lucky to win 20 games and have zero chance at playoffs

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-11-2012, 01:53 PM
QUOTE=king2218;23293161]ORL will be fine. The team is good enough to win atleast 40 games and make the playoffs. ORL improved its SG positon with Affalo tremendously and have a decent center. He can be good enough to give 10pts 10reb especially if Ewing is bought back to coach him. And ORL also has $17.3 million in trade exception to use next off-season to possibly sign Harden, Ibaka, Josh Smith or even Bynum.[/QUOTE]

Dude shut up u know how dumb u make magic fans look with this crap?

ThuglifeJ
08-11-2012, 05:09 PM

that is so biased. You're "rebuilding" to come NO WHERE CLOSE to where you once were.

Orlando made one of the worst deals in history.

actually you're right Affalo has potential to become the most dominant center in the nba