PDA

View Full Version : Will Andrew Bynum become the best center in NBA now that he is #1 option?

LTBaByyy
08-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Its not as far fetched as people think

Howard is going to get way less shots than he did with Magic having Kobe, Gasol, and Nash on the team

Bynum was the #2 option (behind Kobe if i might add)and he put up amazing stats

He will be involved and have way more with 76ers because he will be the main focus of the team

Jenceman
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
He may, but it will take a couple years. He needs to learn what its like receiving all the defensive attention, and be able to pass out of double teams.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I think he takes a step back. he turns it over 24% when double teamed...

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Na Dwight is still the cream of the crop as far as Cs goes IMO. Bynum has a more refined offensive game and is going to get major burn as a #1 but I still thing Dwight would be just as effective on offense while being more efficiency and still The Elite defensive C in the league.

Chronz
08-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Dwight will probably still be more productive.

xxplayerxx23
08-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Nope Bynum will stay the 2nd best.

THE MTL
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe eventually, but def not nxt season. I expect Bynum to actually take a step back. He no longer has Kobe and Gasol grabbing the defense attention. Everyone is now focused on him now solely.

GSWFanInLA
08-10-2012, 05:16 PM
lol no. Even if he somehow manages to handle the double teams he still won't be half the defensive player Dwight is.

D12 fan
No

Hellcrooner
No.
and theres a FLop factor from him now, having to put the wear and tear of a numebr 1 option on his knees being double teamd constantly instead of having kobe and pau to distract the other teams defense.

knicks=love
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
dude can't even spell the word "the" correctly :laugh2:

BKdoubleStacker
08-10-2012, 05:19 PM

Howard is going to get way less shots than he did with Magic having Kobe, Gasol, and Nash on the team

He will be involved and have way more with 76ers because he will be the main focus of the team

just because his stats increase does not mean he will be the better player.

He will never be as impactful as dwight, but he is a better offensive player and the clear cut 2nd best center

GSWFanInLA
08-10-2012, 05:21 PM
How can people say Bynum is the better offensive player when he can't even handle a double team yet. Dwight is still more dominant he put up like 28/14 against the Hawks a few years ago when they decided to play him straight up for the whole series.

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 05:27 PM
How can people say Bynum is the better offensive player when he can't even handle a double team yet. Dwight is still more dominant he put up like 28/14 against the Hawks a few years ago when they decided to play him straight up for the whole series.

Most don't he's the better offensive player (in terms of production) he does however have a better/more refined offensive game. As last season progressed he started dealing with the double team much better than he did early on in the season.

THE MTL
08-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Do me a favor.

Look down at your keyboard. you looking?

Notice how the "g" and the "h" keys are right next to each. you see?

Its called a typo.

Dnt troll. Knick fans dont troll. We're better than that.

StinkEye
08-10-2012, 05:29 PM
More points wont make him the better player.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 05:31 PM
I think Dwight's numbers offensively will be inflated due to the fact that him and Steve Nash can run the pick and roll and he won't be doubled as much due to improved outside shooting

knicks=love
08-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Do me a favor.

Its called a typo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkxBbXerxOM

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I think Dwight's numbers offensively will be inflated due to the fact that him and Steve Nash can run the pick and roll and he won't be doubled as much due to improved outside shooting

How on earth is that inflated #s? You must have used the wrong word.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
How on earth is that inflated #s? You must have used the wrong word.

Someone jumped in the window, got on my computer here at work, and hacked my post. I put improved.

The nerve of the open window bandit.

knicks=love
08-10-2012, 05:45 PM
^you liar :pity:

More-Than-Most
08-10-2012, 05:48 PM
No...Howard is far to good defensively

keetyweedy
08-10-2012, 05:51 PM
with him being the #1 option its prob gonna be more difficult for him to even produce like he did last season bcuz all defensive strategies will be revolved around him...no kobe or no gasol to bail him out when needed

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Someone jumped in the window, got on my computer here at work, and hacked my post. I put improved.

The nerve of the open window bandit.

Again how on earth are his stats going to be inflated?

xILLN355
No.
and theres a FLop factor from him now, having to put the wear and tear of a numebr 1 option on his knees being double teamd constantly instead of having kobe and pau to distract the other teams defense.

bynum being traded the best news you heard?

SportsNY
No he won't. Tyson Chandler shut Dwight Howard the **** down, kept him to like 6 points. He'll dominate Bynum.

More-Than-Most
08-10-2012, 05:56 PM
No he won't. Tyson Chandler shut Dwight Howard the **** down, kept him to like 6 points. He'll dominate Bynum.

This is a horrid post... You do realize that bynum is better offensively than Howard correct?

Gibby23
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM

Bynum does great against Chandler.

b@llhog24
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Do me a favor.

Its called a typo.

:clap:

Bynum does great against Chandler.

Just goes to show the importance of head to heads.

Raph12
08-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Not that close, Dwight's offensive numbers will still be better (more productive and efficient) while he can dominate the glass and the defensive end in a way that Bynum could only dream of... Bynum will be a solid #2 though IMO.

xxplayerxx23
08-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Howard took 7 and 10 shots those games...

KB24PG16
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
He might put up better numbers statistically like ppg

last stand
08-10-2012, 07:46 PM
No. Watched every game he played for the lakers. He's the most skilled center in basketball, the only true post up guy at center, but he has poor stamina

He can't play for more than 7 minute increments or he doesnt get good post position anymore or play great defense

Also his stamina prevents him from being consistently a stud on offense and defense in the same game. Its one or the other with him. With Philly though he needs to be a scorer

Losoway
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
i dont think he is a game changer player .

the overrate of bynum is crazy

He stands no chance of being the best center. Dwight is better. Dmc is better . Mcgee abused him in the playoffs

Kobe2324
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
He will have a good season but the weak part of his game is when the double team comes, often times he will rush a shot or just take a bad one, if he works on that and gets better and also shows up to play every night the potential is there, but I say at best 2nd best center in the league, I just don't think he will ever bring the D like Dwight does

Losoway
08-10-2012, 08:13 PM
He will have a good season but the weak part of his game is when the double team comes, often times he will rush a shot or just take a bad one, if he works on that and gets better and also shows up to play every night the potential is there, but I say at best 2nd best center in the league, I just don't think he will ever bring the D like Dwight does

finally a laker fan admits it. i been saying this from get go. being the number 1 option on a team means you have to handle double team and triple team night in and night out

i really dont think bynum can handle that

Sixerlover
08-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Everyone is talking about the double team thing like it's a career altering problem. Wouldn't it make sense that now that he isn't on a team with Gasol and Kobe, and is the #1 option that he would realize he's going to be doubled a lot more, and work on that aspect of his game all summer? He isn't going to walk into the season not knowing how to pass out of a double team. He's smart enough to realize that's all he's going to see this year being the biggest post threat in the Eastern conference.

thekmp211
08-10-2012, 08:57 PM
not unless he "becomes" a better player

Black24Momba8
08-10-2012, 08:57 PM
The Sixers had better team defense than the Lakers that only helps Bynum he will not have to move his feet as much on d. Also with the athletic 76ers cutting to the basket off double teams unlike the Lakers players standing around making it easyer to pass out of the double. The crazy part is that Bynum avg less turn overs than Howard this season & career wise.

reb
Bynum no longer has to compete for rebs with Gasal they should go up even more

One of Bynum biggest problem was forcing everything (trying to eat) with the 76ers he will have plenty of touches no need to force the shot the ball will come back to him now. Bynum plays best when motivated and he will be with the Sixers

Losoway
08-10-2012, 09:26 PM
sixers better hope his knees dont give out . previous to last year 82 game seasons killed him

USMCLaker
08-10-2012, 10:21 PM

I actually agree with you. The Lakers were terrible at getting him the ball. I was excited about the prospect of him playing with Nash because Nash would have solved that problem. He will thrive in Philly and I think people will be surprised at how good he will be. On the flip side Dwight is a force in the post however he absolutely will not get the touches that he got in Orlando.

kblo247
08-10-2012, 10:55 PM
He will be 2. The Kobe effect will erode that efficency

Haters can say what ever bs they want, but Kobe has always elevated his bigs Fg% and efficency even of their attempts don't widely vary. Shaqs efficency with Kobe was better than with Penny, Nick/Eddie, and Wade. Pau got the same attempts on Memphis that he did in la, and his efficency took a wild skyrocket as Kobe's 2nd fiddle. Mihm had damn good efficency before he blew his ankle up. Kwame's best numbers efficeny wise came with Kobe. Lamar excelled at PF next to Kobe. Andrew just last year shot 42% from the field without Kobe in the games he missed, and his ts/efg% all dipped 3-5% when zone sat in games both played.

Kobe draws attention and plays off and with bigs better than any guard or forward in the history of the league in terms of stats. Dwight will get an efficency boost and Andrew will see his efficency come down.

Expect 20/11/2 but on close to 50% from the field and 15-16 attempts per

Chronz
08-10-2012, 11:19 PM
He will be 2. The Kobe effect will erode that efficency

Haters can say what ever bs they want, but Kobe has always elevated his bigs Fg% and efficency even of their attempts don't widely vary. Shaqs efficency with Kobe was better than with Penny, Nick/Eddie, and Wade. Pau got the same attempts on Memphis that he did in la, and his efficency took a wild skyrocket as Kobe's 2nd fiddle. Mihm had damn good efficency before he blew his ankle up. Kwame's best numbers efficeny wise came with Kobe. Lamar excelled at PF next to Kobe. Andrew just last year shot 42% from the field without Kobe in the games he missed, and his ts/efg% all dipped 3-5% when zone sat in games both played.

Kobe draws attention and plays off and with bigs better than any guard or forward in the history of the league in terms of stats. Dwight will get an efficency boost and Andrew will see his efficency come down.

Expect 20/11/2 but on close to 50% from the field and 15-16 attempts per

Define efficiency for Shaq because at first glance it seems he was at his most efficient with Penny and Wade.

Do you have the on/off court number for Kobe in these situations? By the numbers, in the 600 minutes Bynum played without Kobe his scoring rate increased as did his rate of FT/A, Assists. His FG% did suffer by about 4pts tho, but thats to be expected with more of a scoring burden. The year before Bynum only played 373 minutes without Kobe but his FG% remained the same but his scoring, fta, assist rates all climbed as well.

beasted86
08-11-2012, 01:42 AM
No.

Even barring injury... he doesn't have the work ethic or motivation to be #1 at anything.

kylem4711
08-11-2012, 02:43 AM
i'm glad he is going to phily. that just means i wont have to watch him play.

Aust
08-11-2012, 02:49 AM
I honestly don't know. I just want to see him perform with a bigger role on a team.

central2003
08-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Bynum will still be a top 3 center. But I hate to say it in a couple years Cousins will give both Howard and bynum a run for the top 3 center spot. People won't admit it.

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 06:53 AM

Your sig is ON!

SaimuKala
08-11-2012, 08:38 AM
No

KnicksorBust
08-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Bynum's effeciency is already very high and that's without an elite PG feeding him the ball. Fisher/Sessions/Blake/Kobe? Granted he had a good thing with Gasol feeding him from the high post but really I don't think he's losing much in terms of getting easy baskets. The Kobe factor is slightly overrated. People want to harp on the double teams but this Sixers team is built much better to protect him from that.

They have Jrue, J-Rich, Wright, and Nick Young who can all spread the floor and knock down open shots. He's got Thad and Turner who can slash to the basket. If they commit to him offensively, Bynum will statistically be #1.