PDA

View Full Version : For all the people hating on the Magic front office...

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Please stop being prisoners of the moment. Keep these things in mind...

If dwight didnt opt in, we would have been stuck with all those bad contracts an NONE of those picks/young talent (including 2 top 20 picks out of this yrs draft).

If we didnt execute this trade, and kept dwight...he would have walked after this season regardless, and again... we'd be stuck with bad contracts and no young potential.

So we sent him off, picked up a nice group of young players, and some 1st round future picks to rebuild with all while clearing a ton of cap space. Stop "feeling bad" for Magic fans and trolling about how "Magic got raped" on this trade... cause we didnt.

In other words, we traded ONE season of dwight for all these players/picks... its not like he was going to re-sign or anything. In my eyes, we got good value for it. We didnt want to end up like the nuggets, getting a bunch of mediocre players and be middle of the pack forever... Henny knew that we need to rebuild, which includes landing some lottery picks. This means NOT trading for guys who will help us contend now, but guys who have a bright future. Face it, a team of young guys in the NBA arent going to do well their first year or two... which will HELP us get that lottery pick.
In the long term scheme of things... this was a good move. Sure, I liked the Houston trade idea 10x better, but im sure Houston was NOT on board.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
NetsDaily.com ‏@NetsDaily
In superstar trades you want good young players, preferably on rookie contract; draft picks, preferably lottery; cap space; cash. ORL got ??

and

So far, Hennigan has signed Nelson to three years, $21M; traded MIP Anderson for Gustavo Ayon and gave away Dwight Howard. Nice work.

sums it up perfectly

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Please stop being prisoners of the moment. Keep these things in mind...

If dwight didnt opt in, we would have been stuck with all those bad contracts an NONE of those picks/young talent (including 2 top 20 picks out of this yrs draft).

If we didnt execute this trade, and kept dwight...he would have walked after this season regardless, and again... we'd be stuck with bad contracts and no young potential.

So we sent him off, picked up a nice group of young players, and some 1st round future picks to rebuild with all while clearing a ton of cap space. Stop "feeling bad" for Magic fans and trolling about how "Magic got raped" on this trade... cause we didnt.

In other words, we traded ONE season of dwight for all these players/picks... its not like he was going to re-sign or anything. In my eyes, we got good value for it. We didnt want to end up like the nuggets, getting a bunch of mediocre players and be middle of the pack forever... Henny knew that we need to rebuild, which includes landing some lottery picks. This means NOT trading for guys who will help us contend now, but guys who have a bright future. Face it, a team of young guys in the NBA arent going to do well their first year or two... which will HELP us get that lottery pick.
In the long term scheme of things... this was a good move. Sure, I liked the Houston trade idea 10x better, but im sure Houston was NOT on board.

You would be lucky if you ended up like the Nuggets lol. They made the playoffs back to back years already and are still young...

The Magic on the other hand won't be in the playoffs for a loooong time.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
we know all this. Fact is, the Orlando front office has been given more lottery luck than almost any team in the NBA over the past 20 years. They drafted the top 2 centers of that era. They also drafted Webber, which acquired them Penny.

The biggest problem is, they handles the Shaq trade terribly, and its obvious they don't deal with stars well, as far as catering to them to some degree. They did a SnT for Rashard Lewis at Michael Jordan worth money, which EVERYONE outside the idiots knew would bite them in the *** eventually, and they have given out some really hampering contracts.

The Magic were forced into this by their own mistakes. They are a very poor front office.

AirJordanXVIII
Essentially the Magic prefered blowing it up and getting a top 5 pick like OKC vs. being a borderling playoff-lotto team. Makes sense and it might of been the best way to go about it anyways.

MagicHero3
You would be lucky if you ended up like the Nuggets lol. They made the playoffs back to back years already and are still young...

lol i would rather be patient (like OKC) and build a team that CAN contend, other than be stuck with a team that makes the playoffs but cant get out of the first 2 rounds.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
How do you possibly trade away a top 3 player in his peak, and get the worst of the 4 team deal? That seems impossible to me.

spreadeagle
08-10-2012, 04:30 PM
its not as bad a deal as ppl are making it out to be thats for sure. Two things. One Houstons offer looked better to me because Lamb looks like hes the real deal plus they have Toronto's pick which will prob be decent plus a ton of other young assests/picks to throw in. Two Afflalo and Harkess are pretty decent assests that no one is mentioning,add them to the 4 or so picks they got plus unloading some bad contracts "which Magic should have never signed in the first place, so im not gunna pat them on the back to hard" but the deal is ok

MagicHero3
we know all this. Fact is, the Orlando front office has been given more lottery luck than almost any team in the NBA over the past 20 years. They drafted the top 2 centers of that era. They also drafted Webber, which acquired them Penny.

The biggest problem is, they handles the Shaq trade terribly, and its obvious they don't deal with stars well, as far as catering to them to some degree. They did a SnT for Rashard Lewis at Michael Jordan worth money, which EVERYONE outside the idiots knew would bite them in the *** eventually, and they have given out some really hampering contracts.

The Magic were forced into this by their own mistakes. They are a very poor front office.

i agree, the magic FO is def responisble for some big mistakes. Im hoping that Hennigan, being one of the NBAs youngest GMs in history, will not make the same mistakes.

jmoney85
lol i would rather be patient (like OKC) and build a team that CAN contend, other than be stuck with a team that makes the playoffs but cant get out of the first 2 rounds.

not every team can strike it like OKC... its not like its easy to hit big on superstars in the draft

RLundi
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Don't even bother. This was admittedly a terrible deal, and having Afflalo to show for it is nearly inexcusable. But we'll bounce back, we always do :)

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't blame Orlando Management one bit. I blame owners around the league. Especially the Orlando Magic owners. How do you let Shaq leave, and then Dwight. I would have sent my maids to make his bed, give him a bubble bath and well you know anything.....

But the biggest culprit is David Stern

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
How do you possibly trade away a top 3 player in his peak, and get the worst of the 4 team deal? That seems impossible to me.

bc dwight only had one yr on his contract and everyone who knows anything about the NBA knows that he was NOT gonna re-sign here. I would rather have these young guys and some 1st rounders than ONE season of dwight.

--23--
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
The Magic front office screwed up. You don't trade away the best center in the NBA in a 4-team trade and get damn near nothing in return, while every other team apart of the deal gets better.

macc
08-10-2012, 04:34 PM

Which is why the Orlando Magic are tied for the most wins in the East in the last 24 years. Such a terrible franchise...

Mr.ATLHawks

I don't know about Top 3, definitely Top 10...But your comment was on point. They should have at the very least gotten Bynum or Gasol...I think Philly is the one that raped everyone. BAsically they traded Iggy, who is a good player, for Bynum. They will miss Iquodala but Thaddeus Young can do everything Iggy could so they wont miss him much, and they get the 2nd Best Center oin the League, argueably the best offensive center for nothing.

spreadeagle
Don't even bother. This was admittedly a terrible deal, and having Afflalo to show for it is nearly inexcusable. But we'll bounce back, we always do :)

Deal's like this always seem bad till one of the pick's turns out to be Steve Nash or Danny Granger "big maybe but could happen" Just like when Lakers got Pau and Marc was a throw in..who turned out to be an amazing player. that too was called a terrible deal. Memphis has been good for a while because of it

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
i agree, the magic FO is def responisble for some big mistakes. Im hoping that Hennigan, being one of the NBAs youngest GMs in history, will not make the same mistakes.

I am kind of excited to see what he can do, I think going in a way different direction is refreshing. God, I just wish he would have taken Houston's package, it was better, period.

Method28
Hey guys i got 200 beans for this 1 brick of gold!

rockets-fan
Dude they had way better offers on the table...

The Rockets offered 3 top 20 pick rooks, # 1st round picks that wont be in the late twenties, expiring in Martins contract, AND CAP relief.

Dont defend your teams front office. No on is bashing them for trading dwight...they are bashing them for the garbage they got back...

Hawkeye15
also, Magichero, I am pissed at Orlando for giving the Lakers Dwight. I can't help it.

jmoney85
bc dwight only had one yr on his contract and everyone who knows anything about the NBA knows that he was NOT gonna re-sign here. I would rather have these young guys and some 1st rounders than ONE season of dwight.

what the nets trade for dwill? exact same situation

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't know about Top 3, definitely Top 10...But your comment was on point. They should have at the very least gotten Bynum or Gasol...I think Philly is the one that raped everyone. BAsically they traded Iggy, who is a good player, for Bynum. They will miss Iquodala but Thaddeus Young can do everything Iggy could so they wont miss him much, and they get the 2nd Best Center oin the League, argueably the best offensive center for nothing.

Who on earth, outside Bron/KD, do you have over Dwight?

The right answer: nobody

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM

You still don't take a deal with pretty much no talent and protected picks coming back.

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
not only that.. it was worse the what the Nets offered, and it was worse then what the Rockets offered.

2013 Lakers buy a pick and draft an unknown

2014 Magic get the number 1 pick, draft the next big C

2015 That Lakers guy starting to make noise behind Kobe

2016 That C starting to play well for the Magic, Magic make playoffs but lose

2017 That kid the Lakers drafted well guess what he is the next Kobe or Magic Johnson.

2018 Dwight leaves takes his talents to South beach to play with grandpa LBJ and nolegs Wade

2019 That C demands a trade to LA to play with that kid that replaced Kobe

2020 They are united.

2021 ....and repeat....

2032 and repeat....

MagicBucsSox
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Playoffs? Dude it's about building for titles, are nuggets contending? No. They're a treadmill team along with us a 26 others. Think long term clown

rockets-fan
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Houstons offer
Nets Offer
.What they received

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Playoffs? Dude it's about building for titles, are nuggets contending? No. They're a treadmill team along with us a 26 others. Think long term clown

are you going to drafted two top 10 players in the league anytime soon?... otherwise its pointless... you might as well build for the playoffs..you have to be in it to win it

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey guys i got 200 beans for this 1 brick of gold!

lol

id rather lose pretty bad for a season or two and get a high lottery pick. Thats how we ended up getting that "brick of gold" in the first place.

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
You still don't take a deal with pretty much no talent and protected picks coming back.

YES i am super pissed about those picks being protected... might end up biting us in the *** big time

oALo
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
If you track what Hennigan has been saying all the purposed deals from NJ and from Houston near matched up to what was being published on the net. Steve Kyler has some pretty decent tweets talking about this more in depth. If those deals were better than what they got, they would have done those deals and or held out from them to reemerge when signed players could be traded. Even though the value isn't there when you look at all the moving pieces, in the end Orlando got what they wanted. Now convincing that to fans who pay good money to watch them. That is a whole other story!

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

The #Magic received a $17.8 million traded player exception in the deal, Hennigan said. Magic will have 1 year to use it.

RLundi

Everyone is a genius in hindsight. It's so easy to make judgments retrospectively and play armchair GM that has a Yale MBA.

Fact is, some things work out, others don't, like with every franchise. Labeling a front office that has had a top five composite record over the course of five seasons 'poor' seems backwards.

MagicHero3
again... no one is thinking long term here. we DIDNT want guys over 25 yrs old with mediocre talent, bc we dont want to be a middle of the road team. We want YOUNG guys with POTENTIAL and PICKS, and we got both those things out of this deal. I openly admit that the Hou deal was better, but not the Nets deal. We DONT want Lopez or Humphs. Henny is thinking long term, hes patient, and it will pay off.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Who on earth, outside Bron/KD, do you have over Dwight?

The right answer: nobody

CP3, Wade...to name a few. Howard's lack of post offense keeps him out of that Top 3 IMO. I think the Lakers will be a good fit for him as he won't be asked to close games liek he was in Orlando and he can hang around the basket and collect rebounds and easy dunks.

The Best Around
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
If you are rebuilding then get a building block. Who that they got is a building block? At least get a good young player. Not Aaron Afflalo and a few picks over the next decade.

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 04:50 PM
How can the OP possibly be serious? They traded away Dwight freakin' Howard and didn't get ONE All-Star caliber player OR lottery pick in return. That's inexcusable. If he didn't want Bynum or Lopez, he should have dealt with Houston to get young players and lottery picks. This deal was an abortion.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Everyone is a genius in hindsight. It's so easy to make judgments retrospectively and play armchair GM that has a Yale MBA.

Fact is, some things work out, others don't, like with every franchise. Labeling a front office that has had a top five composite record over the course of five seasons 'poor' seems backwards.

Sure. And trends show us which teams have poor leaders. Dude, you are talking to a Wolves fan. It's ok for us to admit our teams make mistakes. Difference is, my team wasn't given three #1 picks since we started the same time you did, in three great drafts.

You can defend the Magic all you want, fact is they have squandered away championship chances. True chances. By giving stupid deals away, and obviously being difficult to work with for superstars.

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 04:52 PM
How can the OP possibly be serious? They traded away Dwight freakin' Howard and didn't get ONE All-Star caliber player OR lottery pick in return. That's inexcusable. If he didn't want Bynum or Lopez, he should have dealt with Houston to get young players and lottery picks. This deal was an abortion.

the only lottery pick that was being offered was the Hou deal and Houston pulled out as soon as dwight said hes not re-signing. Not the Magic's fault.

Hawkeye15
CP3, Wade...to name a few. Howard's lack of post offense keeps him out of that Top 3 IMO. I think the Lakers will be a good fit for him as he won't be asked to close games liek he was in Orlando and he can hang around the basket and collect rebounds and easy dunks.

LeBron
Durant
Dwight

Those are your top 3.

Jarvo
Magic got butt raped, I know you're tryna see it in another way like they had no choice but damn when people start putting the Magic in the same sentence with the Bobcats it's all kinds of wrongs.

TopsyTurvy
08-10-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't have a problem with the Dwight trade at all. I think it was a good move for them as an organization and am happy they got it done before the season. They were always negotiating from a position of little/no leverage - getting anything for Dwight is a godsend.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Well, whatever. I understand WHY Magic fans are trying to save face, so to speak on their franchises behalf. But we all know they played this out poorly.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
LeBron
Durant
Dwight

Those are your top 3.

Everyone has their own opinion I can respect yours

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 04:57 PM
the only lottery pick that was being offered was the Hou deal and Houston pulled out as soon as dwight said hes not re-signing. Not the Magic's fault.

Not true from what I (a Rockets fan) have read.

HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals and no need to take on Harrington contract.

That's from Adrian Wojnarowski. Bottom line, they COULD and SHOULD have gotten way more from Dwight Howard then what they got. And if this is truly what Houston was offering, there's no excuse for Orlando to have taken the crap they ended up getting.

Guppyfighter
08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
This is an okay trade if Harkles and or Vic turns out to be okay. They three first rounders, plus their own top 5 when they play ******. Magic will be back in the game in a couple of years. Definitely not a bad trade at all. And when their good young players start developing their ****** contracts will be expiring. Also everyone is hammering Orlando for this deal and if Houston was really offering their 3 #1s from this year and other stuff then yeah I'm inclined a little to agree, but maybe they weren't and also I think it's a sign of being shortsighted.

valade16
08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
again... no one is thinking long term here. we DIDNT want guys over 25 yrs old with mediocre talent, bc we dont want to be a middle of the road team. We want YOUNG guys with POTENTIAL and PICKS, and we got both those things out of this deal. I openly admit that the Hou deal was better, but not the Nets deal. We DONT want Lopez or Humphs. Henny is thinking long term, hes patient, and it will pay off.

Who are the young guys with potential? (Note, I'm distinguishing between because they are young they have potential vs guys who are young and legitimately have potential)

Are any of the picks lottery picks?

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Dude, I live in Houston. They were willing to go all in for Dwight, despite the fact he said he wouldn't sign here. They have been stuck in mediocracy for years, and Dwight would have made them relevant again. If he re-signed, great. If he didn't, you get to properly start over. Morey was ALL IN for Dwight.

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 05:02 PM
The Magic are actually doing the right thing by tanking and getting picks.The worst place to be is in the middle of the pack,Orlando is doing what NewOrleans did tank and get a #1 pick.They will be a up and coming team in the next 2yrs.

Stinkyoutsider
08-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, considering the previous mistakes, I think the Magic did ok. They cleaned up the mess and will have a new start coming up with assets for the future. Maybe it was the best deal they could've made, maybe it wasn't. But it was a deal they had to make...

Now, if they can get lucky, they may be able to draft some franchise level talents and do a true rebuild, but they have to be smart too.

*Superman*
08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Dude, I live in Houston. They were willing to go all in for Dwight, despite the fact he said he wouldn't sign here. They have been stuck in mediocracy for years, and Dwight would have made them relevant again. If he re-signed, great. If he didn't, you get to properly start over. Morey was ALL IN for Dwight.

They weren't taking back ANY contracts, not sure if that still counts as all in. It's obvious that is what the hold up was. The Magic set up some criteria in a trade, young players, cap space AND taking bad contracts. Even though they sacrificed better draft picks and possibly better players. I still like Affalo and Moe has to prove himself just like any rookie that houston drafted. The trade isn't that awful. It wasn't that we couldn't get Bynum or Iggy, they just didn't want to.

By 2014 we will have enough cap space to sign two max deals.

*Superman*
08-10-2012, 05:08 PM
The Magic are actually doing the right thing by tanking and getting picks.The worst place to be is in the middle of the pack,Orlando is doing what NewOrleans did tank and get a #1 pick.They will be a up and coming team in the next 2yrs.

Pretty much agreed with this. Magic were the last team (since drafting Dwight in 2004) to have the worst record and end up with the 1st pick, lets see if we can continue that.

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 05:10 PM
They weren't taking back ANY contracts

That's not what I've read. Houston had the cap space to take back J-Rich and could have easily created enough space to take back Duhon. Houston's deal >>>>>>> the deal Orlando took, period.

*Superman*
08-10-2012, 05:19 PM
That's not what I've read. Houston had the cap space to take back J-Rich and could have easily created enough space to take back Duhon. Houston's deal >>>>>>> the deal Orlando took, period.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Looks like you missed a part of the deal there.

cheetos185
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I thought the nets trade was bad but this is pure rape how can you trade possibly 2nd best player after lebron and not even end up with bynum or gasol lol

Guppyfighter
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Why the **** would a rebuilding team want a guy who will not re-sign with them or a 32 year old clearly on the decline.

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Looks like you missed a part of the deal there.

Regardless, that does not make the deal Orlando took any better. They still took on two below average contracts with Afflalo and Harrington, and Houston probably would have given them K-Mart's contract (aka, the $12 million in cap relief).

No matter how you spin it, that deal is trash...

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Regardless, that does not make the deal Orlando took any better. They still took on two below average contracts with Afflalo and Harrington, and Houston probably would have given them K-Mart's contract (aka, the $12 million in cap relief).

No matter how you spin it, that deal is trash...

Harrington (three years, $21.4 million remaining) isn't nearly as expensive as he would appear for the Magic, who prioritized financial flexibility in all of their Howard talks. Only 50 percent of the final two years of his deal are guaranteed, meaning the Magic are only on the hook for $7.3 million after next season if they waive him.

WITZ
08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
If you are rebuilding then get a building block. Who that they got is a building block? At least get a good young player. Not Aaron Afflalo and a few picks over the next decade.

So true and how do they get protected picks at that for trading a top player :laugh2: . How they didnt take that Houston offer is beyond stupid .

nycsports2
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
theyll be ok just not for 3 or 4 yrs

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 06:18 PM
they're the Lakers farm system, go on & get those picks, they'll be headed to the Lakers like always. if they're not losing to the Lakers in the finals, they're letting HOF centers go there for jack diddly sqaut. it's mind boggling. like they work only to serve the Lakers. they probably shaved points in the 09 finals, as much as they love helping the Lakers. you couldn't maybe ummmm have 1 shred of dignity & trade him to any of the 29 other teams? omg no we must make LA a dynasty!! if that doesn't piss orlando fans off, then you're as dumb at that front office of yours. had to be the Lakers, HAD TO BE? UNREAL.....

Gritz
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm a prisoner of the moment and I'm waiting for someone to drop the soap

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
You gotta fight!

For your dwight!

Van gunnnnnnnnnndy!

EDUTEXANS
08-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Harrington (three years, $21.4 million remaining) isn't nearly as expensive as he would appear for the Magic, who prioritized financial flexibility in all of their Howard talks. Only 50 percent of the final two years of his deal are guaranteed, meaning the Magic are only on the hook for $7.3 million after next season if they waive him.

that still doesn't make the trade better than the Rockets' offer

SouthSideRookie
08-10-2012, 06:29 PM
They weren't taking back ANY contracts, not sure if that still counts as all in. It's obvious that is what the hold up was. The Magic set up some criteria in a trade, young players, cap space AND taking bad contracts. Even though they sacrificed better draft picks and possibly better players. I still like Affalo and Moe has to prove himself just like any rookie that houston drafted. The trade isn't that awful. It wasn't that we couldn't get Bynum or Iggy, they just didn't want to.

By 2014 we will have enough cap space to sign two max deals.

AA being the centerpiece of the deal for Orlando, do you realize how silly that sounds. The Rockets were likely offering the Toronto pick plus either Lamb and/or Jones. Also Martin's expiring which Orlando could have possibly traded at the deadline for an additional asset.

For those thinking RH can rebuild the OKC way. Recieving nothing but worthless picks in the deal makes it really hard to envision that.

Six-8-TheWizard
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
In superstar trades you want good young players, preferably on rookie contract; draft picks, preferably lottery; cap space; cash. ORL got ??

and

So far, Hennigan has signed Nelson to three years, $21M; traded MIP Anderson for Gustavo Ayon and gave away Dwight Howard. Nice work.

sums it up perfectly
:laugh:

Cubs420
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I find it amazing that the Lakers got Howard without having to give up Gasol and Bynum...That just blows my mind.

The Lakers just raped the league.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 07:16 PM

lopez is 23 years old and has actually proved that he can play in the nba, same with marshon brooks and you STILL would have picks that are virtually the same except ours were UNPROTECTED

say what you want about lopez's contract but if you want a big man you're gonna have to pay no matter who the player is or who the team is

lets put it this way.... I wouldnt do the deal you got for dwight for brook....no wayyyyyyyyy in hell

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
AA being the centerpiece of the deal for Orlando, do you realize how silly that sounds. The Rockets were likely offering the Toronto pick plus either Lamb and/or Jones. Also Martin's expiring which Orlando could have possibly traded at the deadline for an additional asset.

For those thinking RH can rebuild the OKC way. Recieving nothing but worthless picks in the deal makes it really hard to envision that.

and who knows when we will see drafts of that caliber again

*Superman*
08-10-2012, 07:40 PM

Trust me I wanted the Houston trade, you think as a Magic fan I wanted to gift wrap dwight to the team that stole our last HOF C? The picks were more valuable, Lamb would have been a great addition for the future. But according to the criteria the FO had, they wanted the team that got Dwight to take back salary. Those offer sheets effed that up.

Short term I'm excited for AA I guess. Been awhile since we had a good SG. I feel bad for the kid though, his career will be wasting on a rebuilding, nonplayoff team.