PDA

View Full Version : Ok it's obvious the Orlando Magic are tanking

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
so i know the rockets and nets supposedly had better deals. hell, even bynum straight up for howard was a better deal. but i get what rob is doing. he wants shabazz muhammed and he will do everything in his power to get that pick. he is following the thunder model of getting three top 5 picks in a row. he doesnt want low draft picks or max contracts(lopez, bynum) He got rid of jason richardson and duhon contracts. i dont like the afflalo contract at all. but with al harrington (three years, $21.4 million remaining) isn't nearly as expensive as he would appear for the Magic, who prioritized financial flexibility in all of their Howard talks. Only 50 percent of the final two years of his deal are guaranteed, meaning the Magic are only on the hook for $7.3 million after next season if they waive him. so now your under the cap, your gonna suck bad enough to get a top 5 pick this year and next year. its just a matter of being patient and hope the chips fall your way

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
must have gotten that "stern guarantee"

you know, that one where when you lose a star you get the #1 pick..lebron, cp3...

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 02:20 PM

you know, that one where when you lose a star you get the #1 pick..lebron, cp3...

if history repeats itself, with the number 1 pick. the ORLANDO MAGIC select SHABAZZ MUHAMMED

Raph12
08-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Just another #1 pick the Magic will let go (Shaq, CWebb and Dwight)... It's too frustrating being a fan for that team.

rickshaw
08-10-2012, 02:40 PM

You must have confirmation bias. You know, where no matter who gets the #1 pick its easy to think of a conspiracy and roll with it.

EDUTEXANS
08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
my only question is why the hell did they re-sign Nelson? it makes no sense for them, they are stuck with mediocre players with bad contracts

LongIslandIcedZ
08-10-2012, 02:44 PM
my only question is why the hell did they re-sign Nelson? it makes no sense for them, they are stuck with mediocre players with bad contracts

Last ditch effort to bring back Dwight?

dtmagnet
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
You still have to make the right pick

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 02:56 PM
After being gifted Shaq, Webber, and Howard, the Magic should be banned from the #1 pick for a decade. Tough cookies that they can't hold on to the megastars they were given. Might be a sign of how the team treats their superstars honestly.

Rivera
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
After being gifted Shaq, Webber, and Howard, the Magic should be banned from the #1 pick for a decade. Tough cookies that they can't hold on to the megastars they were given. Might be a sign of how the team treats their superstars honestly.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo we gave shaq n dwight everything (but a championship team) we traded webber 4 penny and he was a lifer till he got hurt

My magic is just cursed :sigh:

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 02:59 PM
if history repeats itself, with the number 1 pick. the ORLANDO MAGIC select SHABAZZ MUHAMMEDthen they'll trade him to the Lakers for hot garbage when he wants out, & repeat cycle. they absolutely have no pride & should be humiliated

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooo we gave shaq n dwight everything (but a championship team) we traded webber 4 penny and he was a lifer till he got hurt

My magic is just cursed :sigh:

b.s. The Wolves are cursed. We can't get a break unless the draft sucks.

kjoke
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think it was THAT bad. Four draft pick one in the top 5 (assuming that they do suck and Harkless isn't the second coming) is ok.

kjoke
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think it was THAT bad. Four draft pick one in the top 5 (assuming that they do suck and Harkless isn't the second coming) is ok.

koreancabbage
08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
no **** sherlock

Losoway
08-10-2012, 03:23 PM
tanking with protected picks???

lmao. nah they are just stupid

MagicHero3
Last ditch effort to bring back Dwight?

nope. resigned jameer probably bc he's been a part of this sqad for awhile, and theres really no better option at PG out there right now... is there?

MagicHero3

:facepalm: top 10 dumbest thing ive ever seen written on PSD.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
:facepalm: top 10 dumbest thing ive ever seen written on PSD.

Naturally you would say that as an Orlando fan. I am a Wolves fan. We have eternally been screwed in the draft, yet you guys have gotten three #1 picks in franchise changing drafts. And Orlando has eventually screwed them all up after so much promise. Let another team take a crack at getting a franchise player in the draft.

EDUTEXANS
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
nope. resigned jameer probably bc he's been a part of this sqad for awhile, and theres really no better option at PG out there right now... is there?

yes there were, Dragic and Lin got similar contracts. Augustin and Sessions were also better options... IMO

Losoway
08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
if the magic dont get either NUMBER 1 OR NUMBER 2 draft spot. then tanking would be a waste

Shabazz and Noel are the only 2 superstar potential players.

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
tanking with protected picks???

lmao. nah they are just stupid

their really low picks so who cares? unless someone turns out to be a gem. if its not top 10 who cares

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 03:33 PM
yes there were, Dragic and Lin got similar contracts. Augustin and Sessions were also better options... IMO

Lin, eh...I was pissed we didnt go after Dragic/Sessions tho. I guess the Magic feel like Jameer is family ? i dont know their reasoning, but im actually rooting for us to tank and get a high draft pick...so maybe THATS why they signed him? lol

MagicHero3
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Naturally you would say that as an Orlando fan. I am a Wolves fan. We have eternally been screwed in the draft, yet you guys have gotten three #1 picks in franchise changing drafts. And Orlando has eventually screwed them all up after so much promise. Let another team take a crack at getting a franchise player in the draft.

yeah so we should create a rule that restricts a team from getting the #1 pick... very realistic.

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 03:35 PM

lol my thoughts exactly.... as a net fan we had some god awful seasons and never got the #1 except for K-mart back in the day

jmoney85
08-10-2012, 03:38 PM
yeah so we should create a rule that restricts a team from getting the #1 pick... very realistic.

you dont know how lucky you are... some teams never strike gold with the #1 pick

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 03:40 PM
so if your the magic- do you draft zeller, shabazz or noel?

Leach11
08-10-2012, 03:40 PM

He's obviously joking...but yeah, the Orlando Magic organization is an absolute joke.

Gibby23
08-10-2012, 03:41 PM
They are tanking to draft the next franchise Center for the lakers.

driz
08-10-2012, 03:42 PM
This league is just garbage.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Did you really think I was being serious?

Now, do I find it ridiculous that a franchise gifted multiple franchise players with the #1 pick can't even hold onto them? Of course. But please dude, I am not saying fix it so they can't, even though the lottery is fixed anyways.

Fact is, the Magic have had exponentially more luck in the lottery than almost any team in the NBA, yet find a way to eff it up. Give other teams a chance...

fadedmario
08-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Magic are a pathetic franchise. I truly feel sorry for their fans.

How do you trade the most valuable piece of a four team trade and get the worst deal of all four teams? Mind-boggling..

SouthSideRookie
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM

if history repeats itself, with the number 1 pick. the ORLANDO MAGIC select SHABAZZ MUHAMMED

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/monty.jpg

C_Mund
08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
if the magic dont get either NUMBER 1 OR NUMBER 2 draft spot. then tanking would be a waste

Shabazz and Noel are the only 2 superstar potential players.

Believe it or not, there's a Canadian that's gonna rock the NBA in 2014 too....

RLundi
08-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Did you really think I was being serious?

Now, do I find it ridiculous that a franchise gifted multiple franchise players with the #1 pick can't even hold onto them? Of course. But please dude, I am not saying fix it so they can't, even though the lottery is fixed anyways.

Fact is, the Magic have had exponentially more luck in the lottery than almost any team in the NBA, yet find a way to eff it up. Give other teams a chance...

What is 'ridiculous' about player movement? It happens all the time, more so to small-market teams with talented players that elect to go to larger cities.

What did they eff up exactly? They traded Webber for Penny, who ended up a star player alongside Shaq.

Dwight wanted out to be in a bigger city. What would you have them do? Petition 3 million people to move to Orlando and build massive skyscrapers?

The only thing admittedly 'effed up' was how management dealt with the Shaq free agency situation.

futureman
08-10-2012, 04:04 PM
it's obvious the lakers have the detinator to a nuke somewhere because this trade reaks of blackmail. The magic got hosed in this deal and every other team involved got better except for them. better for the very short term that is in the lakers case until dwights back gives out on him.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 04:07 PM
What is 'ridiculous' about player movement? It happens all the time, more so to small-market teams with talented players that elect to go to larger cities.

What did they eff up exactly? They traded Webber for Penny, who ended up a star player alongside Shaq.

Dwight wanted out to be in a bigger city. What would you have them do? Petition 3 million people to move to Orlando and build massive skyscrapers?

The only thing admittedly 'effed up' was how management dealt with the Shaq free agency situation.

They drafted Shaq and Howard, who both left in their peaks, even though their teams had gotten them to the finals. That is so rare, its not even funny.

Orlando has messed up their gifted players. They have had more luck in the draft than the majority of the league, and eff it up.

Please understand I am half joking/half serious here. As a Wolves fan, you must understand I see this and say, "eff you, we have NEVER gotten the #1 pick in a franchise altering draft, you have had 3 now, and messed them all up. Step aside".

popo85
08-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Shabazz :clap:

RLundi
08-10-2012, 04:21 PM
They drafted Shaq and Howard, who both left in their peaks, even though their teams had gotten them to the finals. That is so rare, its not even funny.

Orlando has messed up their gifted players. They have had more luck in the draft than the majority of the league, and eff it up.

Please understand I am half joking/half serious here. As a Wolves fan, you must understand I see this and say, "eff you, we have NEVER gotten the #1 pick in a franchise altering draft, you have had 3 now, and messed them all up. Step aside".

What I'm saying is that for a good 6 months at least, all we've heard is how terrible the organization is, how the Magic are a 'joke,' how they've screwed up draft picks, etc because of this Dwight Howard fiasco. The fact of the matter is there are only a handful of small-market teams that have gotten it right. The Spurs, Jazz and now the Thunder come to mind, but the rest of the small-market teams are essentially a day-care for superstars until they're ready to graduate to New York, Chicago or Los Angeles and other major cities.

You harp on the selection of the players' but in hindsight, it's completely inconsequential. It doesn't matter that LeBron was an overall pick that left, just like it doesn't matter that Chris Paul wasn't. Clippers lost Danny Manning and Michael Olowokandi, what does it matter what selection they were?

I get what you're saying about having top selections and other teams not having such an opportunity, and this is more exasperation than frustration or being combative. I just hardly think the Magic are definitively at fault for Dwight wanting to leave, nor do I blame them for trading Penny for Webber.

knickfan33
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
it's obvious the lakers have the detinator to a nuke somewhere because this trade reaks of blackmail. The magic got hosed in this deal and every other team involved got better except for them. better for the very short term that is in the lakers case until dwights back gives out on him.
cap room, and high draft picks for the next few years... magic started a rebuilding era perfectly.. good deal for them...

what? they should of got pau or bynum so they can be a mediocre team for years to come? now they got a shot at drafting and signing some stars to build a contender.

Romo2Bryant
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
What about Nerlens Noel from Kentucky. He should be a beast this season...

daboywonder2002
08-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

The #Magic received a $17.8 million traded player exception in the deal, Hennigan said. Magic will have 1 year to use it.

NoahH
08-10-2012, 05:31 PM
ORL will take Nerles Noel, he'll become a top 3 center and then he'll leave orlando in 2017

futureman
08-11-2012, 07:26 PM
cap room, and high draft picks for the next few years... magic started a rebuilding era perfectly.. good deal for them...

what? they should of got pau or bynum so they can be a mediocre team for years to come? now they got a shot at drafting and signing some stars to build a contender.

No, the jazz rebuilt perfectly they got 2 top 3 picks for deron williams. The magic just got a bunch of garbage. those picks aren't even unprotected.

thechom80
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Honestly, I think the Magic are the winners in this. They don't have to deal with Dwight's ******** anymore. Tank or whatever, but be thankful he's gone.

Tony_Starks
08-11-2012, 08:04 PM
If this is what you call tanking they sure are doing a poor job of it. Nelson. Afflalo, Hedo, Big Baby, Harrington and JJ Reddick is probably enough to fight for a eigth seed in the east. Not only that they didn't save much on salary and most of the picks they got are protected.

Epic fail.