PDA

View Full Version : Best Player on the LA Lakers now with the deal? Kobe or Dwight or Gasol or Nash

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Best Player on the LA Lakers now with the deal? Kobe or Dwight or Gasol or Nash

BigCityofDreams
08-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Dwight he's in his prime

Raphael
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
dwigt.

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
This is a stupid question it's Dwight 26 over Kobe 33.

Avenged
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Dwight in his prime, Kobe is regressing.

Dwight.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Dwight in his prime, Kobe is digressing.

Dwight.

I think you mean regressing, but I digress.

Definitely Dwight

What an insane starting 5

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
wonder if kobe takes on the ray allen role

Avenged
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I think you mean regressing, but I digress.

Definitely Dwight

What an insane starting 5

Woops. Yeah :p

Good solid 5 with Jamison off the bench.. I think we still need a shooter though. That really hurt us last season.

pacofunk64
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm still taking Kobe as the best all around player on the team. kobe's numbers might not reflect it this next season but he'll have one of his best seasons. I think he ppg will go down but he'll get better looks and won't have to force as many shots up. They'll be really good on D as well.

GoPacers33
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Howard easily

THE GIPPER
08-10-2012, 10:35 AM
This isnt even close.

Dwight.

Mcdoh
08-10-2012, 10:37 AM
dwight..

king4day
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish Grant Hill signed there too. Just get everyone their rings and move on.

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Dwight's team Kobe's city.

THE MTL
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Dwight is the best player on the team; however the system, fans, coach, organization will still cater to Kobe Bryant.

twin4life
08-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Lakers future is fu**ed. I hope Dwight leaves after the first and then in 2 years kobe retires. They have next to no first round picks. (Gave up 2 for Nash and 1 for Howard (correct?)) This could actually be good for the NBA if it happens showing that you have a great chance at an NBA title but maybe only 1 then kiss it goodbye for a few years. Sure they have Pau they could trade for a couple pick but thats about it. Good Luck Lakers...

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Kobe for at least 1 more year then it's Dwight!

x McLovin x
08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Metta World Peace.

LoveMeOrHateMe
Lakers future is fu**ed. I hope Dwight leaves after the first and then in 2 years kobe retires. They have next to no first round picks. (Gave up 2 for Nash and 1 for Howard (correct?)) This could actually be good for the NBA if it happens showing that you have a great chance at an NBA title but maybe only 1 then kiss it goodbye for a few years. Sure they have Pau they could trade for a couple pick but thats about it. Good Luck Lakers...

Haters gonna hate. howard will stay with the lakers I 100% guarantee it and when Kobe retires so will pau and that will clear up a lot of cap space and with that money we will be able to sign another star to a max contract

kobebabe
kobe until dethroned

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I wish Grant Hill signed there too. Just get everyone their rings and move on.

Maybe the Clips would win.

aztr0
08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Kobe.

Raph12
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Dwight would be the best player on any team Lebron doesn't play on, so obviously Dwight.

beliges
08-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Obviously its Kobe's team. Except now he has the talent around him to matchup with Miami and the Thunder.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Dwight, obviously

Hellcrooner
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Dwight is Lakers best Defensive Player and Athlete.
Kobe is Lakers best Scorer.
Nash is Lakers best IQ and Organizer.
Pau is Lakers best All Round Game player..
Artest is Lakers Craziest Player.

Yep, you got it, they either play AS A TEAM and go with whoever is hot each particular Night and forget bout how their personal averages look like and whos boss or they dont win jack.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2012, 03:55 PM

Dont look now but Rubio is a F.A the summer we will be swiming in capspace ( if we keep dwight) and have TOTAL capspace if he walks :D

mrblisterdundee
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
The most talented player might be Dwight, but the most important player is Kobe. He's the one who will win games in the end.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
The most talented player might be Dwight, but the most important player is Kobe. He's the one who will win games in the end.

Definelty no, Talent ( foot work, post moves, passing ability, Iq, court vision , decision making, shoot mechanics) Wise he is the Worst of the 5 starters.

He is a force of Nature tough, wich makes up for his ok all around basketball skills.

Stinkyoutsider
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I think Howard is the best right now but I want to see how the offense is run to make a final choice. Nash is going to get everyone easy looks. I don't think Kobe will have to work as hard for shots and I think Dwight will get the ball down in the post some, even though Kobe will be the number 1 scorer still.

I really want to see Gasol and how he fits in here. Is he going to continue to be the high post jump shooter like he was when Bynum would post and call for the ball or will he get aggressive and post down low? I think Howard should handle the low post defense and Gasol should handle the low post offense.

Hoffdollas60
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Dwight is Lakers best Defensive Player and Athlete.
Kobe is Lakers best Scorer.
Nash is Lakers best IQ and Organizer.
Pau is Lakers best All Round Game player..
Artest is Lakers Craziest Player.

Yep, you got it, they either play AS A TEAM and go with whoever is hot each particular Night and forget bout how their personal averages look like and whos boss or they dont win jack.

I couldn't have put it better brother

Six-8-TheWizard
08-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I still say Kobe :shrug:

keetyweedy
08-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Kobe not even a question

Reg. Sesason
27.9ppg

Playoffs
First Rd. 29.1ppg
Second Rd. 31.2ppg

jrands
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
it will be Nash. So many weapons to choose from. When they play off of him, he will score. When they play close to him, he will drive to hoop and score or dish off to someone else. He's never had a lineup this stacked.

MickeyMgl
08-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Best player: Howard (then Bryant, Gasol, Nash)
Best scorer: Bryant (then Gasol, Howard, Nash)
Best playmaker: Nash (then Gasol, Bryant, Howard)
Best defender: Howard (then Artest, Bryant, somebody else, then Gasol, then some other guys, then Nash)

NBAfan4life
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Its D12 assuming his back is good, otherwise Kobe

Aust
08-10-2012, 07:33 PM

:facepalm:

Where's an option for Metta? He's got my vote :p

Lakeshow24KB
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Kobe. He will show all the haters that he has the teammate mentality as well, just like how Lebron showed the haters with his finals play

MickeyMgl
08-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I think Howard should handle the low post defense and Gasol should handle the low post offense.

I agree, but will Dwight agree?

MickeyMgl
08-10-2012, 07:46 PM
What this team is lacking above all is a coach who will have a strong enough personality to PUT these guys in their ideal roles, and have them accept it - whoever and whatever they may be.

I have serious doubts that Mike Brown is that guy.

Aust
08-10-2012, 08:08 PM
What this team is lacking above all is a coach who will have a strong enough personality to PUT these guys in their ideal roles, and have them accept it - whoever and whatever they may be.

I have serious doubts that Mike Brown is that guy.

Yeah, he can be too nice nice. Phil Jackson was the man, Brown will have to step up

Aust
08-10-2012, 08:10 PM
They're introducing Dwight now

popo85
08-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Dwight due to age differences

kblo247
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Best overall - still Kobe
Biggest Impact - Dwight
Most essential - Nash
Microscope - Pau
Biggest beneficiary - MWP

I truly believe that.

Dwight can make the biggest impact on the team with drawing fouls, rebounding, rim protection, and his athleticism.

Kobe will be the overall most well rounded, as he is still the best mix of scoring, rebounding, defending, facilitating of the bunch.

Nash is the most essential because he has to set the table in such a way to keep himself and everyone else going.

Pau has the greatest microscope on him. If he can't get it together and has another bad post season he may be shipped out or amnestied. He will have no excuse for a third postseason disappearance with this teams current construction, so his success or failure is on him as his aggressiveness in the offense as the only truly agressive scorer in the first unit is Kobe whereas Fish/Sessions and Bynum wanted there's too.

Ron benefits the most. He knows he does outright. He has dropped a ton of weight when you see recent photos and has been in the gym inner Segundo every day since the team got eliminated by the admission of the Lakers brass. He honestly found his game and legs last year after the break and shot, scored well. His defense also picked up. Nash will be willing to hit Ron when he has an advantage. Likewise Dwight will allow Ron to truly body up into his guy even more whereas Bynum couldn't be counted on roadways be there for help, and that is huge as Ron's d when he knows he has help be in LO or JO was always a step up

kblo247
08-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, he can be too nice nice. Phil Jackson was the man, Brown will have to step up

Not just that but if Mike mismanaged the minutes of these players and runs them into the ground, he has to be fired. There are no excuses for crazy rotations like last year. And Kobe should never be in a situation like when he didn't sit for the second half of 12 games, with 5 OTs as well last year.

meloman1592
08-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Dwight...not even close

ThunderousDemon
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Dwight Howard, no question about it.

BobbyHillSwag
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
doesnt matter, lakers are your 2013 champions. unless the knicks have something to do with it....dum dum dum

kblo247
08-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Lakers are like Voltron.

Longhornfan1234
08-10-2012, 11:38 PM
How is Howard better? :facepalm:

Kobe is much better scorer, passer, play maker, and takes care of the ball better, and by far the better closer.

CowboysKB24
08-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Dwight. He is underrated to an extent IMO. His defensive presence is HUGE. Talk about a Superstar without having a great team around him... look at Dwight and he has had some great success. Best defender in the league and pretty good offensively.

As for Kobe, this is ideal for him considering where he is in his career. A big load is taken off of him. Lakers need more team basketball from Kobe and better shot selection.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Dwight's the best player but everyone is still going to act like it's Kobe's team.

C-Style
08-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Kobe is the head of the machine, Dwight is the strong arm, Dwight is gonna be the 3rd option

xxplayerxx23
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Dwight.

Jint.
08-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Ron World Peace

kblo247
08-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Kobe is the head of the machine, Dwight is the strong arm, Dwight is gonna be the 3rd option

Kobe is black, Nash is red, Dwight is yellow, Pau is blue, and Ron is green

Form feet and legs, form arms and body, and I'll form the head :cool:

NBA-GMaster
08-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Dwight!!
Dwight is the 3rd best current player in the NBA..

NYY 26 to 7
08-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Dwight by far but they won't win because Kobe will still refuse to not be the center piece although now that they have a real pg as well Nash can control that a bit. But if Kobe isn't getting his hell let the team know.

Iceman_9
08-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Nash. he will make everyone better.

KingBossLAL4L
08-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Kobe is the best player but will take the passenger role the next few years Dwight's the driver and Nash and Gasol pretty much handles all of Kobe's drinks

YoungOne
08-11-2012, 11:38 AM
or, or and or

Hotone1401
08-11-2012, 12:11 PM

I hope not. Relegating Kobe to just being a catch and shoot player will hurt the Lakers because Kobe can still create for players like Nash, Pau, and Dwight. It's only now that Kobe has a PG that can initiate some of the offense early in the clock while they can still go to Kobe late in the clock.

If you think Kobe needs to play like Ray Allen you don't a damn thing about basketball. Two great guards can share the load and in the role of creating shots for their team and themselves. It's not similar to Ray and Rondo. Try to picture Kobe playing more of Pierce role if that's the analogy you're going to use and realize that Ron Artest will be doing most of the catch and shooting if they can't find something easier through the other guys early in the clock.

blob50192
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
anyone who voted for PAu or nash, you are just plain stupid

Chavacano
08-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Dwight's the best player on the Lakers now but it's still Kobe's team and he's still the first option if it makes any sense.

^^ You mad?

RLundi
08-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Dwight Howard easily.

But Kobe is still the man.

showtym24
08-11-2012, 01:25 PM

Wade role. I could see him Kobe or even Nash winning FMVP TBH.

b@llhog24
08-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Definelty no, Talent ( foot work, post moves, passing ability, Iq, court vision , decision making, shoot mechanics) Wise he is the Worst of the 5 starters.

These are skills, well at least most of them.

He is a force of Nature tough, wich makes up for his ok all around basketball skills.

This is talent.

DR_1
08-11-2012, 02:47 PM

:laugh:

beliges
08-11-2012, 02:47 PM
The amount of criticism and mindless hate is just silly. NBA fans should rejoice at what the Lakers accomplished this offseason. Before this offseason, no other team in the league had anything close to the talent to matchup with Miami. Now, the Lakers put themselves in the position to match Miami's talent. At least now you have two teams that could battle each other as opposed to just one team dominating with their talent.

Furthermore, how appropriate is it for the Lakers to once again surround Kobe with the talent to compete for a title. This dude has about 4 years left at the most in the league. This will give him a great shot to accomplish something no other superstar player has been able to accomplish in the modern era of the NBA in winning 7 titles. Thats exciting as hell. What a thing to witness. That would be something none of us will probably see happen in our lifetimes, or at least for a very very long time.

Just enjoy it. Enjoy the competition and enjoy Kobe trying to accomplish something that has not been accomplished for over 50 years.

smith&wesson
08-11-2012, 03:01 PM
all time kobe, right now dwight

MELO 15
08-11-2012, 03:28 PM
all time kobe, right now dwight
The reason why I voted nash, is not because he is the best player among the four, but because he is what will make other parts gel together, he is not only someone u have to worry about as far as making plays, but because he can hit that mid range jumper so effectively that teams are going to have to focus in on him, and that's where he will be able to open plays for everyone else, if anything he to me is the most important player on that lakers team, especially when u have all those ego's on one team. So yes, its my opinion and I think that is why he is the best player on that team and not the league.

tapajafri
08-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Ranking in order of value to the team, not skill:

1.Dwight
2.Nash
3.Gasol
4.Bryant

beliges
08-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Kobe is the leader of the franchise. Dwight will anchor the paint. Nash will facilitate the offense and Pau will be the #2 scoring option after Kobe. These players seem like they will compliment each other perfectly. Lastly, what everyone seems to be overlooking is that Nash, Kobe and Pau are three of the smartest, "highest basketball IQ" guys in the league. They will make it a perfect fit.

Ladies Man
08-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Metta World Peace

basketfan4life
08-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Dwight would be the best player on any team Lebron doesn't play on, so obviously Dwight.

He is not better than lbj but in some circumstances he might be even more valuable than him. His defensive impact is unmatched.