PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances that Dwight wins MVP this season



JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
What are the chances that Dwight wins MVP this season now that he is on the Lakers and they will clearly be a top seed or #2 at worst?

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 10:13 AM
It better be ZERO. If fans and the media are going to freeze out the best player in the world for leaving in free agency after fulfilling his contract, they better be freezing out the biggest baby in the NBA over the past year for being traded to a team far more stacked than the Heat were.

Htownballa1622
08-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Mvp on lakers?! And not kobe?

Kobe won't have that. That's not part of the Kobe system!:eyebrow:

Htownballa1622
08-10-2012, 10:17 AM
It better be ZERO. If fans and the media are going to freeze out the best player in the world for leaving in free agency after fulfilling his contract, they better be freezing out the biggest baby in the NBA over the past year for being traded to a team far more stacked than the Heat were.

But in all seriousness....THIS^

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-10-2012, 10:57 AM
No chance I see Kobe having a better year this year something around the lines of 26-6-6
But next year Dwight will have a strong case, he will be healthy, chemistry will already be there, and he'll be the same monster he was before

Chronz
08-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Yea, definitely Zero. This is worse than Bron

IndyRealist
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
If the Lakers get top seed (and only top seed) Kobe will get MVP, not Howard. The NBA rewards wing players, not big men.

soundjunkies2
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Not happening. He would need to have a monster season.

Heediot
08-10-2012, 11:18 AM
First how many games will he miss?

THE MTL
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
You're assuming that he is the best player on the Lakers. Kobe would retire before his relinquishes his throne to anyone.

Puck017
08-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Zero. He's gonna miss a third of it with a back injury.

Cal827
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Zero. They shat on LBJ and he spent 7 years playing for the team and left when he had the right to (without complaining or insulting the team during his tenure).

Dwight freaking complained about his teammates, constantly asked for deals and rescinded them, freaking threatened to hold out... and eventually made his way to a big market. The media should eat him alive in everywhere but LA. If they don't, then you know that Stern controlled this deal lol

Also am I the only one who thinks he's now going to make a "miracolous" recovery? :pity:

C_Mund
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Frankly I don't see how anybody on the Lakers has a shot to win?
Not hating, but the Lakers now have so much talent that it's impossible to say that any one of them would be more VALUABLE to their team than somebody who carries the load for another. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you shouldn't reward winning, but when you force your way on to a contender and share the burden you immediately become less valuable to a franchise than somebody like, say Derrick Rose, who is far and away the best player on his team. (Or LBJ because he's just so damn good)

I don't know. Some people see the MVP as best player on the team with the most wins but that doesn't denote one player doing his thing, a lot of the time the teams with the most wins are way over the luxury tax and have multiple all-stars. I just have a different view.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
not happening.

C-Style
08-10-2012, 11:47 AM
With Kobe, Nash and Gasol as better options. Slim to none. Dwight is just there to play defense and get easy dunks

b@llhog24
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Mvp on lakers?! And not kobe?

Kobe won't have that. That's not part of the Kobe system!:eyebrow:

You're welcome. :cool:


You're assuming that he is the best player on the Lakers. Kobe would retire before his relinquishes his throne to anyone.

Dwight is the best player on the Lakers.

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
It better be ZERO. If fans and the media are going to freeze out the best player in the world for leaving in free agency after fulfilling his contract, they better be freezing out the biggest baby in the NBA over the past year for being traded to a team far more stacked than the Heat were.

It is a it different because for one Lebron won back to back MVP's and hadn't got to the finals in either season. Also his teammate Wade was just as productive that season. And also they didn't run away from the East either. In this case, OKC will still be a favorite with LA out West.

aztr0
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM
He won't play until later in the season. He won't be winning an MVP.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
It is a it different because for one Lebron won back to back MVP's and hadn't got to the finals in either season. Also his teammate Wade was just as productive that season. And also they didn't run away from the East either. In this case, OKC will still be a favorite with LA out West.

I really don't care what your explanation is. Dwight should be getting far more heat from fans and media for his holding his team hostage and acting like the biggest baby in the NBA. He should have ZERO chance at it. Far worse than what Bron did, the media should realize that. Why would you reward a player who acted like an infant whose sucker was just taken away, just because he landed on a totally stacked team that would allow him to win?

Zero chance.

RaiderLakersA's
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Not happening. He would need to have a monster season.

This.

The overwhelming mantra right now is that no one can unseat Bron Bron as the league MVP unless they literally can leap tall buildings, deflect armor piercing shells, outrace bullet trains, etc., etc. If he stays healthy, LeBron should be the MVP again...unless the media sours on him between now and the end of the season.

Lakers + Giants
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Nobody on the lakers should qualify for MVP. Way too much talent on this team to even be considered for it.

Jenceman
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Almost 0. Would take an absolute monster of a season on both ends (read: DPOY and 22 and 15 as a second option) and for some Lakers (read: Kobe) to miss significant time due to injury and the Lakers getting a top 2 seed.

I think Dwight will anchor a top 3 defense for the Lakers next season, could get another DPOY.

UPRock
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Nada! He ruined everything.

ThunderousDemon
08-10-2012, 02:10 PM
You're assuming that he is the best player on the Lakers. Kobe would retire before his relinquishes his throne to anyone.

Whether Kobe likes it or not, Dwight Howard is the best player on the Lakers.

ThunderousDemon
08-10-2012, 02:12 PM
No chance Dwight gets the MVP.

thekmp211
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
noexistent. he went from no help to being part of the most stacked starting 5 in the league. bj mullens has a better chance.

Raph12
08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Depends on how many games he misses, the numbers he puts up and how well the Lakers do with him vs without him... I'd say 5% chance with KD and Lebron getting the other 95%.

Lik a somboodee
08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
KoME is still on the team and will not allow other players to score more points than himself

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
I won't say it's zero because he's clearly still one of the five best players in the NBA, but like Hawkeye said, it should be nearly impossible given how the media handled the Lebron situation and gave the MVP to an undeserving Derrick Rose. I'll say less than 5 percent.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Mvp on lakers?! And not kobe?

Kobe won't have that. That's not part of the Kobe system!:eyebrow:

Watch basketball, Shaq won

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Watch basketball, Shaq won

That was also far earlier in Kobe's career when he was still learning his game and willing to defer to his teammates more. It remains to be seen how his game will change with guys like Nash and Dwight on the roster.