PDA

View Full Version : How can a trade for lowry get a top pick but not Dwight?

ellisgw
08-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Someone explain this please?

USMCLaker
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Someone explain this please?

Because haterade taste better than gatorade.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Philly/Denver/LA dont have top picks to give?

That was easy

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Because haterade taste better than gatorade.

:laugh:Truuu 2 chainzzz

Raidaz4Life
08-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Oversimplification at its finest.

But I'll bite... because Lowry is younger and under contract at an affordable price.

mightybosstone
First off, at least learn to spell the dude's name right. It's LOWRY!!! I can't tell you how many times I've seen people spell it as "Lowery" and it's ridiculous. If you can't spell his name, you have no business discussing him on a sports forum.

Second, formulate your question better. I have no idea what your question is asking. Are you saying the Rockets could have gotten more for Lowry? Are you saying the top pick should have been enough to get Dwight?

Seriously, this thread is terrible...

USMCLaker
Philly/Denver/LA dont have top picks to give?

That was easy

And a deal needed to be done.

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Orlando gm on that cocaine.

kblo247
08-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Cause Mitch Kupchak aint running mother****ing toronto

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 09:37 AM
This was not a basketball move. Get over it

gwrighter
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
First off, at least learn to spell the dude's name right. It's LOWRY!!! I can't tell you how many times I've seen people spell it as "Lowery" and it's ridiculous. If you can't spell his name, you have no business discussing him on a sports forum.

Second, formulate your question better. I have no idea what your question is asking. Are you saying the Rockets could have gotten more for Lowry? Are you saying the top pick should have been enough to get Dwight?

Seriously, this thread is terrible...

I know you feel cheated for Lowry.

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I know you feel cheated for Lowry.

I don't actually. The guy clashed with McHale and clearly wanted out of Houston, so Morey granted him his wish and got a very solid lottery pick out of him in the process. If the Rockets hadn't kept Dragic or gotten Lin, the trade would seem more questionable, but as it sits now, The Rockets are playing similar money to a guy who is slightly worse now, but has a higher overall ceiling and is a marketing dream for the city of Houston. Lin is also three years younger and has a much better head on his shoulders.

Why keep a guy who does not want to play for your team when you can get someone of similar value who actually does?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Lowry couldn't dictate where he was going that's why.... Dwight could and he only wanted good teams which have no good picks

Heatcheck
08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
because ORL showed why Howard didnt want to be there in the first place (because they know **** about running a basketball team), and put themselves in a corner with bad decision after bad decision.

Htownballa1622
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Because morey is a hustla and orlando gm is incompetent.

bucketss
08-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't actually. The guy clashed with McHale and clearly wanted out of Houston, so Morey granted him his wish and got a very solid lottery pick out of him in the process. If the Rockets hadn't kept Dragic or gotten Lin, the trade would seem more questionable, but as it sits now, The Rockets are playing similar money to a guy who is slightly worse now, but has a higher overall ceiling and is a marketing dream for the city of Houston. Lin is also three years younger and has a much better head on his shoulders.

Why keep a guy who does not want to play for your team when you can get someone of similar value who actually does?

slightly worse? lowry is much better

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Woj.
HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals and no need to take on Harrington contract.

Again this was not a basketball decision.

krest213
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
It's over with
deal with it
or should i say neal with it---------go spurs
go heat

bucketss
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Woj.

Again this was not a basketball decision.

i wonder how the hell the lakers keep doing this hmmm and they call miami the evil team.

king4day
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Dwight would have landed them higher picks had they taken the supposed Houston deal. There has to be more than we know to this. How could they not have taken the Houston offer?

HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals and no need to take on Harrington contract

What was Orlando's thinking here?

SouthSideRookie
08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
:laugh:Truuu 2 chainzzz

Because of this phrase I was able to catch on that you were posting on Clutchfans, you used it simultaneously here and in CF. Again, try denying it and i'll dig up links to both quotes to prove you wrong...your call. Hopefully now that this is over you'll stop posting your ignorance there, congrats for having your quotes on several posters sig.

Sorry PSD for getting off subject, carry on.

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
slightly worse? lowry is much better

Based on what? I love Lowry's game, don't get me wrong. But his sample size as a starter is not exactly lengthy. And I think Lin has a higher ceiling than Kyle does. Lowry also has a temper problem and I think he's gotten about as good as he's going to get. Best case scenario, I think he's a 16 and 6 guy who plays great defense and hit the occasional big shot. He's also three years older than Lin...

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Dwight would have landed them higher picks had they taken the supposed Houston deal. There has to be more than we know to this. How could they not have taken the Houston offer?

What was Orlando's thinking here?they're the lakers farm system, along with the other jabroni teams that give the lakers any player they want. it's clear corruption

it had to be LA, orlando knew they were sending him there all along, by orders

king4day
08-10-2012, 10:57 AM
they're the lakers farm system, along with the other jabroni teams that give the lakers any player they want. it's clear corruption

Thing is, LA still gets Howard in the Orlando deal if I understood correctly. Bynum would have gone to Houston I think. Maybe they don't give up as much but it's still better than what they got. This is just a reall mind boggling deal. Orlando gets more long contracts and won't content. They won't have any real future prospects that'll make them have something to look forward too. All the picks they get won't be lottery.

Chronz
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Yea I dont know either.

bucketss
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Based on what? I love Lowry's game, don't get me wrong. But his sample size as a starter is not exactly lengthy. And I think Lin has a higher ceiling than Kyle does. Lowry also has a temper problem and I think he's gotten about as good as he's going to get. Best case scenario, I think he's a 16 and 6 guy who plays great defense and hit the occasional big shot. He's also three years older than Lin...

well lin has an even smaller sample size,which most was just the ny hype machine going to work i bet if he did what he did in say sacramento no one would care. Before he blew on to the scene he was just lucky not to get cut from teams.

bucketss
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
they're the lakers farm system, along with the other jabroni teams that give the lakers any player they want. it's clear corruption

like i said, miami isn't the evil team. the lakers are this is one of the few reason why i root for miami.

Cal827
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
As I said before, I can't even be mad at the Lakers for a deal such as this.. Any team would jump on such a moronic offer. They had two other deals where they would have gotten a bunch of good prospects (Brooks, Lopez, Lamb etc) and an assload of unprotected first round picks (which could have been great since some of the teams that were making offers didn't care if he resigned). But instead they Get Affalo and likely 3 late first round picks this year (protected right), it what is likely be a weaker draft (knowing the strength of the past few)...

:facepalm:

I didn't know that NBA 2k deals work in real life... I guess it's time to start the Rasual Butler, Jamaal Magloire and 2nd round pick for Lebron James thread again lol

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
well lin has an even smaller sample size,which most was just the ny hype machine going to work i bet if he did what he did in say sacramento no one would care.
I'm aware that Lin's sample size is insanely small, but to say no one would have noticed that unbelievable stretch he has is just plain ignorant. Did you even watch any of those games? Awful players don't have stretches of basketball like that...

dtmagnet
08-10-2012, 12:33 PM
The Toronto pick to Houston is most likely a late lottery pick in the 10 to 14 range. How is that a top pick?

eternal slumber
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
i think it will be around from 7-10 range. i know Raptors have some nice player in placed but they will still not be a playoff bound team.

eternal slumber
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM

What was Orlando's thinking here?

i thought Hennigan will at least be a decent GM but WTF? they didn't got raped on this deal, THEY GOT GANGBANGED AGAIN ANA AGAIN. SMH.:facepalm:

North Yorker
08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
i think it will be around from 7-10 range. i know Raptors have some nice player in placed but they will still not be a playoff bound team.

The Raps got the 8th pick and they were BLATANTLY tanking, making 3/5 of their lineup D-leaguers. I'd be very surprised if their pick landed in the top 10 next year.

popo85
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
They got a good deal for Stubby

eternal slumber
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM
The Raps got the 8th pick and they were BLATANTLY tanking, making 3/5 of their lineup D-leaguers. I'd be very surprised if their pick landed in the top 10 next year.

i know, but all other teams just got much better. i know Raps are much better now but i still don't see them as a playoff bound team.

i see teams like Utah, Golden State, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Portland being non playoff teams that will have a better record than Toronto.