PDA

View Full Version : Who is the next Star player to want out of their small market team?

Fresno
08-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Now that officially all of the NBA's top players are involved on contenders.

Who is the next guy to demand a trade to a big market team?

CB29
08-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Kinda feels like baiting. I think winning cures everything. Problem is bigger market teams are willing to exceed salary cap so they usually get the stars. If you win, then you will retain your stars.

eman
08-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Where is Kevin Durant and or Russell Westbrook.

Can see them both walking towards each other in a classic Western movie scene down an Oklahoma City street spurs jangling 10 gallon hat pushed back with one of them saying this town isn't big enough for the two of us.

kobebabe
08-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Josh Smith & Kevin Love depending on how their teams fair this season

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 12:22 AM
IMO the only fair answer here would be Kevin Love since there has already been harpings that he isn't quite happy with losing as much as he has early in his career. Everything else will really be just speculation.

JNA17
08-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Kevin Love definitely. And somehow, I think he's going to be the very worst of them all. He's already acting very childish so far which is disappointing...now imagine that growing even more in the next year or two...damn.

NeutralFan
Metta world peace for kevin love straight up - book it

b@llhog24
Love.

bholly
08-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Well Love and Gordon have both talked about it, so them I guess? Neither have any leverage for a few years, so if we're going by 'wants out and it's relevant' then I guess Smith?

Fresno
08-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I think it will be Love too.

Minnesota is building a good team around him, but I think his expectations of where he thinks the T'Wolves should be compared to where they most likely will be(40-45 win team; 1st rd exit) will make him want out.

I could see him trying to work a deal to go to Brooklyn or Chicago.

The goods
08-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Brandon Jennings

Sixerlover
08-10-2012, 12:31 AM
If Minny doesn't make the playoffs next season cue some cheezy title for the Kevin Love trade rumor drama. But in the eyes of the casual basketball fans Love isn't exactly on the same level as Lebron, Melo and Dwight so I'm interested to see if the media is as interested in his ordeal as they were in the other 3 guys.

Puck017
08-10-2012, 12:35 AM
When did Atlanta become a small market?

Blazers#1Fan
08-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Kevin Love said not to long ago he wants to play for his home town team (Portland)

Aldridge said he wants to retire in Portland

hope minny does crappy again then he'll jet from minny

Aldridge
Love
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

JayHunter
08-10-2012, 12:48 AM
I think Kevin Love will eventually end up in Chicago. He and D Rose works out together every summer

Blazers#1Fan
08-10-2012, 12:50 AM
i think cousins stays and kings move to seattle i consider seattle in between small market and big market

NYtilIdie
08-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Other, Brandon Jennings.

Gritz
08-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Lakers gonna get Kevin Love for Jamison and $5 of cash considerations

Evolution23
08-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Lebron

Evolution23
08-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Other, Brandon Jennings.

Lol @ Brandon Jennings being a star

Max.This
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
The Nba is getting really stupid. Its not even a competitive league anymore. Just a handful of teams fighting it out. Its really tough to be a fan of small market teams. This is terrible

Puck017
08-10-2012, 01:10 AM
The Nba is getting really stupid. Its not even a competitive league anymore. Just a handful of teams fighting it out. Its really tough to be a fan of small market teams. This is terrible

Truth

Gritz
08-10-2012, 01:16 AM

Switch teams

Bravo95
08-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Kevin Love. And no, Atlanta is not a small market. 5 million residents in the metro area.

The Nba is getting really stupid. Its not even a competitive league anymore. Just a handful of teams fighting it out.
That's the way it's always been though.

Bravo95
08-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Kevin Love. And no, Atlanta is not a small market. 5 million residents in the metro area.

The Nba is getting really stupid. Its not even a competitive league anymore. Just a handful of teams fighting it out.

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 01:30 AM

Exactly what I was going to say.

BlondeBomber41
08-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Exactly what I was going to say.

It use to be because teams built around great players they drafted (Kobe, Dirk, Duncan) or savvy free agent signings or trades that weren't forced on the team (Billups, Nash, Kidd to NJ).

Now its a bunch of whiny *****es either demanding trades to get to those teams or joining up in free agency. Its the same, but in a disgusting way.

Swashcuff
08-10-2012, 01:44 AM
It use to be because teams built around great players they drafted (Kobe, Dirk, Duncan) or savvy free agent signings or trades that weren't forced on the team (Billups, Nash, Kidd to NJ).

Now its a bunch of whiny *****es either demanding trades to get to those teams or joining up in free agency. Its the same, but in a disgusting way.

Who allowed those players to become whiny *****es? Us fans and the very owners than employ them.

BlondeBomber41
08-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Who allowed those players to become whiny *****es? Us fans and the very owners than employ them.

It's their state of mind. It's just a new generation of whiny, *****y players who team up on TEAM USA, become buddies and instead of wanting to beat each other, just wanna team up and take the easy way out. Michael Jordan wouldn't of ever thought of doing that. Hakeem Olajuwon wouldn't of ever thought of it either. I'm sure it got frustrating seeing Jordan win year after year but Karl Malone and John Stockton never demanded trades. Duncan or Dirk wouldn't ever leave SA/DAL. They wanted to win and they wanted to win with the team they were with.

Hopefully 5-10 years from now when these players are past their primes and a new generation of NBA players is here this will stop, but for now the league is absolute crap. Thank god the Mavs got one before it got too bad.

marj987
08-10-2012, 02:04 AM

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 02:09 AM
I voted Kevin Love. But I didn't really look at the list. Josh Smith will want out very soon.

I think Gay needs to be on this list too. Rudy Gay to me is one of the TOP 3-4 SF's in the league and needs to be in a big market.

DreamShaker
08-10-2012, 02:34 AM
There is a way to build a small market team, but I want to first give my opinion of a small market. A small market, to me, is not the size of the place the team plays, but the established brand of the team or the city. New York or LA are obviously the places people go to be stars, in all forms of entertainment. But the Celtics, Mavs, Spurs, Heat, and Bulls all have teams where winning tradition, solid front offices, and an underrated factor, tv exposure make those places desirable. Atlanta, Houston, and a place like Toronto are huge cities, but are not media darlings or places connected with winning. They can change that, just like OKC is doing. Teams that wallow in mediocrity will never truly get out of the rut. The "Spurs model" is starting to work, and that is why everyone is hiring Spurs exects left and right. Build through the draft and don't overpay for guys whi aren't essential. One of the problems is the one and done rule. People aredrafting projects and then signing people based on potential. It is a flawed system. That is why guys like Marvin Williams, Darko, Deandre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Omar Asik, and so many others stunt team growth. People are BANKING on people who don't really know how to play.

Jarvo
08-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Kevin Love definitely. And somehow, I think he's going to be the very worst of them all. He's already acting very childish so far which is disappointing...now imagine that growing even more in the next year or two...damn.

No one will be worse then Dwight & Melo on how they left.

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Brandon Jennings

He's not a star.lmao

Ezio
08-10-2012, 07:23 AM
He's not a star.lmao

Think he meant the other chucker, Ellis.

Love is the obvious choice.

Joker117
08-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Love , I can see.cousins and tyreke evans being a good combo trade package for some team soon as well. Maybe if the celtics replace KG with love ? Lol kind of suck for the Twolves twice ?!

Then a team like the Knicks maybe Ina few years well need a sg if shump leaves and a center if TC is done or too old .. We could be able to support that salary minus TC and shump/jr/ stat ...

Heck I could see if done right the Knicks aiming for at least Evans and cousins for Tc sign an trade at what 34? And shump for Evans . Plus whatever bc we get r@ped by every team and players use us as a way to get paid lol .

The bulls may want love reaLy soon rose they need to keep boozer isn't living up 2 his #2 star for the bulls maybe they get love ...if they got cousins and Evans they'd win a ring ..

DWhiteTheTruth
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Easily Love, hes already complaining even tho the Wolves are making GREAT moves..

Joker117
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
No one will be worse then Dwight & Melo on how they left.

I disagree Howard's was a guy who couldn't make up his mind so it seemed horrible and Melos was a guy with an extra year on his contract for a team he didn't want to be on and the coach and him got along just bc they had to it seemed ..both are doing better now ...

Magic and howard is still going on. Just now it's will he resign LA ? Blah blah ugh

Melos wasn't as bad and went pretty quick for a big name trade.

Also some would throw lbj in here for talking behind the scenes with bosh and dwade or leaving with a huge show but w/e ..

The worst will be a player leaving like love for WAY less money to a heat like team for a ring..that'll be it every1 will lose their ***

Joker117
08-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Most the guys you named wont leave , Eric Gordon probably goes like cp3 in away plays for a while 1st and if they still suck he leaves .

Love will leave if the timberwolves never improve .

Aldridge? Really

Rudy gay could leave as well ,

Tyreke Evans with cousins I could see both ways staying or going

Jsmooth and al horfford idk ...

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 08:01 AM
CP3. I never thought of it this way. But The biggest losers from this Dwight trade is the Clippers. Maybe CP3 nightmare can start now.

ccg34
08-10-2012, 08:15 AM
westbrook. If they don't win a championship within 3 years. He will force a trade. He seems like a young Kobe to Shaq.