PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 NBA Champions?

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
So now that the lakers have gotten Dwight Howard and kept pau who is the favorite in your opinion to win the title?

Kobe-Nash-Pau-Howard

Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka

Lebron-Wade-Bosh-Allen

I'm going with the lakers!! 2 big 2 strong 2 talented!

Can someone add a pole please for some reason I can't make a poll? Thanks!

xxplayerxx23
08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Im going Knicks. Melo-Amare-Smith(Jrs brother) Me andChandler are too much for any team

justinnum1
08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Either okc or Miami.

AllAbout18
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
People are forgetting Kendrick Perkins on OKC. He's not talented offensively but when he was in Boston, he was able to stop Dwight and aggravate him every time they played. He almost out played him in the ECF in 2010.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Perkins isn't the same player he used to be, IMO people arent facing reality yet the lakers will be deadly

Patrick Ewing33
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Knicks will go 16-0 in the playoffs, Melody and Stat win their first chip.

.. see what I did their?

godolphins
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
The Lakers have a great backcourt and a ground frontcourt but I still don't see them getting past OKC. Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka will only get better next year, they're not even close to their prime.

--23--
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
The Lakers are a scary ***** team now. And don't forget they got Jamison too, another guy who could give them 20 pts here and there. The Lakers seem like the complete team to win it all next season.

Nash - a good offensive PG
Kobe - the skilled scorer
Metta - that crazy every team needs lol
Pau - A skilled PF
Dwight - Your defensive anchor
Jamison - Versatile six-man

C-Style
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
OKC and MIA are still fav's

Lakers are just favorites to beat them

Jarvo
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Spurs >

shep33
08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Lakers fan here, and I still think it's Miami until someone knocks them off... hopefully us, but they're flipping tough

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-09-2012, 11:56 PM

I see what you did there lol (:

Losoway
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Miami and okc is still light years better then THE LAKERS

Dade County
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
D Wade come back season!

Raph12
08-10-2012, 12:06 AM

No they aren't, Miami won't get out of the first round... See how easy it is to say something without backing it up?

handle
08-10-2012, 12:09 AM

:facepalm: Light years, riiiight. Miami needed an injury to Rose to have even gotten to the finals.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 12:24 AM

:facepalm: Light years, riiiight. Miami needed an injury to Rose to have even gotten to the finals.
:facepalm:

Bulls weren't getting by Boston with rose

Aust
08-10-2012, 12:26 AM

popo85
08-10-2012, 12:27 AM

Trollsoway

Yanks All Day
08-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Unless the Lakers are planning on running Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, and Howard for 48 minutes, I think their lack of a bench is going to kill them. Nice starting 5 on paper, but nothing else behind it.

OKC didn't do anything to make me believe they can beat the Heat.

San Antonio has the ability, but OKC can run them straight out of the building. Depends on the matchups and if they run out of gas again.

Chicago will be solid, but no Rose will get them nowhere in terms of the Finals.

Boston always plays Miami tough. Really display the heart and fight of champions. I'd give them the best shot against the Heat.

But until proven otherwise, Miami is the team to beat again in 2012-2013. If LeBron can continue to play like that and they get more than 50% of Wade this time, they'll blow teams out.

BKdoubleStacker
08-10-2012, 12:30 AM
lol @ all the join dates for miami fans saying their team will win with ease

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 12:33 AM
lol @ all the join dates for miami fans saying their team will win with ease

If the lakers can get by okc and Miami can get by Boston it should be a good series. I think Miami will win and im sure lakers fans think they will win. This season will be epic

BKdoubleStacker
08-10-2012, 12:37 AM
If the lakers can get by okc and Miami can get by Boston it should be a good series. I think Miami will win and im sure lakers fans think they will win. This season will be epic

I think they are the clear cut 3 best teams in the NBA; but I think on paper any of those 3 teams could win the championship. Neither team is really a favorite IMO. You never know though, I wouldnt be surprised if the spurs or celtics pulled something out of their ***.

The heat got better, the thunder got better (more experience), and the lakers got better

this is going to be one top heavy season lol

Losoway
08-10-2012, 12:38 AM
either knicks...okc..or miami

Losoway
08-10-2012, 12:39 AM

you beat me too it!!!!!!1

Gagan136
08-10-2012, 12:40 AM
miami la or okc

Knicks21
08-10-2012, 12:51 AM

I think they would, it is about match ups and Boston matchup with Miami better than any other team in the league.

Some of us a starting to overrate boston, they had a good series against Miami, but thats it. They may be a top 2 team in the east but they certainty will not finish there, they are not a regular season team.

bucketss
08-10-2012, 12:55 AM

yeah, same team miami disposed of in 5 the previous year?

seikou8
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
maimi is still the favorite but lakers just made it a three team race

Im_in_Mia_bish
08-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Miami.

BKdoubleStacker
08-10-2012, 01:04 AM
let me just summarize this thread so we can close it:

OKC fans - OKC will win

Heat fans - Heat will win

Lakers fans - Lakers will win

bucketss
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
let me just summarize this thread so we can close it:

OKC fans - OKC will win

Heat fans - Heat will win

Lakers fans - Lakers will win

i don't think there are okc fans on here lmafo

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 01:14 AM
The Lakers are a scary ***** team now. And don't forget they got Jamison too, another guy who could give them 20 pts here and there. The Lakers seem like the complete team to win it all next season.

Pau - A skilled PF

That's cool and all but how does Wade, Bosh, Ray Ray, Mike Miler, Rashad Lewis, Lebron James and...well, scrubs like Udonis Haslem, James Jones, Joel and Mario Chalmers look compare to that? I'll have Wade, Lebron and Bosh over those 6 combined.

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 01:19 AM

Are you saying a team that got beat by Philly without Rose will beat Miami with Rose? Rose must be greater than Jordan. Bulls fans are similar to Knicks fans in reverse...while Knicks fan brag about what will happen next, Bulls fans always brag about what could have happened.

seikou8
08-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Are you saying a team that got beat by Philly without Rose will beat Miami with Rose? Rose must be greater than Jordan. Bulls fans are similar to Knicks fans in reverse...while Knicks fan brag about what will happen next, Bulls fans always brag about what could have happened.

and heat fans brag like they won 4 titles in a row

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 01:27 AM

So true lol

BKdoubleStacker
08-10-2012, 01:30 AM

arent you the guy that was supposed to delete your account?

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 01:32 AM
arent you the guy that was supposed to delete your account?

Aren't you the guy working at the local Burger king, off 75 on Dunwoody?

Lakersfan2483
08-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lakersfan2483
08-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Unless the Lakers are planning on running Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, and Howard for 48 minutes, I think their lack of a bench is going to kill them. Nice starting 5 on paper, but nothing else behind it.

San Antonio has the ability, but OKC can run them straight out of the building. Depends on the matchups and if they run out of gas again.

Chicago will be solid, but no Rose will get them nowhere in terms of the Finals.

Boston always plays Miami tough. Really display the heart and fight of champions. I'd give them the best shot against the Heat.

But until proven otherwise, Miami is the team to beat again in 2012-2013. If LeBron can continue to play like that and they get more than 50% of Wade this time, they'll blow teams out.

They improved their bench by acquiring Antawn Jamison and re-signing Jordan Hill. They still have Steve Blake and Josh McRoberts. They are deep enough to win it all if they stay healthy. Depth helps you win more in the regular season, however during the postseason, the rotations are shorter and you only play around 8 guys. Kobe, Nash, Metta, Gasol, Howard, Jamison, Blake, McRoberts and Hill will get it done. They have a lot of options and versatile players that can play multiple positions, not to mention Brown won't have every starter on the bench at the same time, meaning he will have some starters playing with the 2nd unit and keep fresh bodies coming in and out of the game. In a nutshell, LA will be fine.

Ty Fast
08-10-2012, 01:44 AM
i think we will fianlly see kobe vs lebron in the finals. i also think the heat will win in 7.

Losoway
08-10-2012, 01:47 AM
KD VS LEBRON PART 2 2013 . CALLING IT NOW

nash old *** is gonna get torched on defense

AndyfromNeptune
08-10-2012, 01:48 AM
i think we will fianlly see kobe vs lebron in the finals. i also think the heat will win in 7.

In all seriousness, I think the Lakers path to the finals is much easier than the Heats.

Seriously think about what I'm saying. World Peace can limit Durant. Westbrook cannot physically score inside with the Lakers length.

No other team will threaten the Lakers.

Meanwhile, arguably the Knicks, the Hawks, the Bulls, the Sixers, the Celtics, and the Pacers have a chance of stopping the Heat. It will definitely not be easy.

I have a Knicks vs. Lakers final.

AndyfromNeptune
08-10-2012, 01:50 AM

Man, not to be mean, but can you at least try to be a more serious poster? You actually have good ideas, but you do not provide good explanations which makes it hard to seriously discuss with you.

Also, I think you should be careful about underestimating the Lakers without seeing them play first. You're simply speculating.

And this is coming from a Knicks fan.

njnets
08-10-2012, 01:54 AM
People forget how good Perkins played against Howard. Perk won't be used against teams like Miami as much but he is vital towards Okc success bc of laker bigs, especially Howard.

sunnydayin'zona
08-10-2012, 01:59 AM
I hate the Lakers, so lets get that out there.

But.

They will beat OKC all day long. Talent level is close, but veteran experience is what will prevail. I cannot possibly understand how the Lakers can acquire so much goddamn talent. They will be unreal next year.

sunnydayin'zona
08-10-2012, 02:02 AM

Nothing new there. But Nash will also put up 15 effing assists on Westbrook while he distributes to effing Kobe, Dwight, and Pau.

Tell me this. Who in the hell will guard Kobe and Nash?

seikou8
08-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Nothing new there. But Nash will also put up 15 effing assists on Westbrook while he distributes to effing Kobe, Dwight, and Pau.

Tell me this. Who in the hell will guard Kobe and Nash?

westbroook can defend my friend and kobe was struggled last year against okc harden and thabo was all over him.

THE GIPPER
08-10-2012, 02:08 AM
I think Miami wins again.

LA is good but so is everyone else in the west. Cant say the same about the east. With Miami you can almost guarantee they'll be in the Finals but imo the west is still pretty wide open with OKC still as the favourites.

Losoway
08-10-2012, 02:11 AM
miami wins again easy

the heat is stacked in every position

the lakers are still very old . and bench sucks

seikou8
08-10-2012, 02:16 AM
miami wins again easy

:facepalm: heat have their flaws too at pg and center position outside of allen what bench what if wade is really on decline, the bigs of la >>>>the heats bigs.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 02:16 AM
miami wins again easy

But but but they got Dwight!!!

Cal827
08-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Bobcats

lkingratedr
08-10-2012, 02:20 AM
West OKC LAKERS SPURS AND DALLAS YEAH DALLAS
east MIA KNICKS BOSTON INDY AND MAYBE BK

ALL SEEM LIKE LEGIT CONTENDERS

seikou8
08-10-2012, 02:22 AM
West OKC LAKERS SPURS AND DALLAS YEAH DALLAS
east MIA KNICKS BOSTON INDY AND MAYBE BK

ALL SEEM LIKE LEGIT CONTENDERS

clips are better than mavs and the nuggets maybe even the griz
also i dont buy indy

BleedingGreen9
08-10-2012, 02:27 AM
a lil bit of homerism here but the heat are going to have a tough time making it out of the east b4 they can claim back2back.... Celtics got alot deeper with jet,lee and green.

another celtics lakers finals would be great to see

seikou8
08-10-2012, 02:29 AM
a lil bit of homerism here but the heat are going to have a tough time making it out of the east b4 they can claim back2back.... Celtics got alot deeper with jet,lee and green.

but but they have lebron

THE GIPPER
08-10-2012, 02:31 AM
clips are better than mavs and the nuggets maybe even the griz
also i dont buy indy

I think Philly with Bynum is also better than Indy

seikou8
08-10-2012, 02:37 AM
I think Philly with Bynum is also better than Indy

good point indy is overrated to me

jbeezy
08-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Knicks will go 16-0 in the playoffs, Melody and Stat win their first chip.

.. see what I did their?

maybe they should try getting out of the first round first though...No?

jbeezy
08-10-2012, 03:03 AM

Duhon, Blake, Antwan Jamison and Jordan Hill are not too bad of a bench :shrug:

kjoke
08-10-2012, 03:06 AM

Jamison is the only solid bench players. I wouldn't even list Duhon tbh

seikou8
08-10-2012, 03:08 AM
maybe they should try getting out of the first round first though...No?

**** you :D

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 04:20 AM

That's a pretty bad bench

85BearsDefense
08-10-2012, 04:47 AM

Not sure if serious... Or if stupid

abe_froman
08-10-2012, 04:52 AM
lakers

85BearsDefense
08-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Lol if I was a Miami fan id be scarred shitless of LA. So many matchup nightmares. Dwight in the paint really hurts LBJ and DWades game and Nash makes everyone sooo much better, Lakers
Are going to be scary good.

--23--
08-10-2012, 07:19 AM

Pau - A skilled PF

That's cool and all but how does Wade, Bosh, Ray Ray, Mike Miler, Rashad Lewis, Lebron James and...well, scrubs like Udonis Haslem, James Jones, Joel and Mario Chalmers look compare to that? I'll have Wade, Lebron and Bosh over those 6 combined.

The Lakers 6 players imo compliment each other better, plus they have an interior advantage that not many teams can much up with. As far as comparing them to the Heat, I think the Heat are too small for the Lakers, The Heat will be better off matching up with OKC due because their big's are not a threat offensively and they rely on jump shots. It's easier for the Heat to stop Harden(we seen happen) or Westbrook compared to Dwight or Gasol.

ArmLaker
08-10-2012, 07:39 AM
All the Lakers bandwaggoners can come out the closet now!

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Lol if I was a Miami fan id be scarred shitless of LA. So many matchup nightmares. Dwight in the paint really hurts LBJ and DWades game and Nash makes everyone sooo much better, Lakers

Dwight in the paint means chris bosh is wide open on the perimiter. Sounds goof to me

seikou8
08-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Dwight in the paint means chris bosh is wide open on the perimiter. Sounds goof to me

pau gasol say hi

Raidaz4Life
08-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Jamison is the only solid bench players. I wouldn't even list Duhon tbh

There is a report of a mutual interest between Barbosa and the Lakers.

Da Knicks
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Knicks Melo finally backs my claims.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Unless Wade returns to being a top 3-4 player, and Ray Allen is healthy and has a great season for his age, while it makes my puke in my mouth to say this, the Lakers have to be the favorite.

Why was there a lockout? What did it accomplish? This whole scenario is disgusting to me.

KnicksorBust
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Unless Wade returns to being a top 3-4 player, and Ray Allen is healthy and has a great season for his age, while it makes my puke in my mouth to say this, the Lakers have to be the favorite.

Why was there a lockout? What did it accomplish? This whole scenario is disgusting to me.

I think that ship has sailed... you?

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that ship has sailed... you?

Yes I do.

Lakeshow24KB
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM

LOLOLOL you were the Laker Basher the other day and said they'd never get Dwight! Umad?

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Ray allen should be fine, all he needs to do is run around and shoot. He looked pretty good doing that in the playoffs with bone spurs in his ankle, i think he will be ok after surgery.

pau gasol say hi
ok, wade and bron say hi back as they blow by him to the rim(dont forget, dwight is near the 3 pt line guarding bosh)

Yes I do.

Do you think he was a top 3-4 player last regular season before he had his knee problem? (mind you #3 in PER)

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I think Lakers fans are living in fantasy land...they act as if Kobe, Nash and Gasol are not well above their prime. Pau Gasol is as good as Kwame Brown at the present moment and Steve Nash once played PG for the Washington Bullets.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Do you think he was a top 3-4 player last regular season before he had his knee problem? (mind you #3 in PER)

on the border, though his constant little injuries just keep getting to him. Trust me, I am going to be rooting for Miami even harder this year, ANYONE but the Lakers. But Wade looked so hindered in the playoffs, and I worry the wear and tear is catching up. So I am going into this season thinking he is no longer a top 4 player.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 10:58 AM
on the border, though his constant little injuries just keep getting to him. Trust me, I am going to be rooting for Miami even harder this year, ANYONE but the Lakers. But Wade looked so hindered in the playoffs, and I worry the wear and tear is catching up. So I am going into this season thinking he is no longer a top 4 player.

I think he is at number 5 right now.

lebron
durant
dwight
cp3
wade

but i dont think there is a huge difference between 4 and 6

8kobe24
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Either okc or Miami.

k

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
I think it will be the Clippers/OKC for west finals and Heat/Pacers for east finals. Heat/Clippers in finals...with Heat repeating.

Cal827
08-10-2012, 11:51 AM
^ Really?

I've got an LAC/LAL WCF.... and Miami winning the East (doesn't really matter who they draw lol)

OKC won't get past the second round... I'm willing to make a sig bet on that too lol

85BearsDefense
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Do the Lakers still have Pau Gasol??????

Hawkeye15
08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I think he is at number 5 right now.

lebron
durant
dwight
cp3
wade

but i dont think there is a huge difference between 4 and 6

Look, I hope you are right, otherwise the Heat stand minimal chance at beating LA. Allen needs a bounce back year as well, though if he just finds the open spots on the floor, Bron will find him.

85BearsDefense
08-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't feed dnewguy he's a troll who should have deleted his account.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Do the Lakers still have Pau Gasol??????

Go back and read the comment where i adressed that.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Dnewguy is a joke lol

godolphins
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Don't feed dnewguy he's a troll who should have deleted his account.

PSD doesn't allow you to delete your account.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
strauss makes some good points here
First of all, Los Angeles would still have the two-center issue. Pau Gasol does his best work at the five spot, near the rim. Also, he's too slow to handle perimeter power forwards. If Los Angeles were to play a team like Miami, the "Bosh at the five, LeBron at the four" lineup either forces Pau Gasol to the bench, or compels Los Angeles to play a far worse replacement.

This smallball scenario could be troublesome for Los Angeles when facing off against OKC as well. Antawn Jamison is one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen, no hyperbole. Do you really want him guarding Kevin Durant?

I have a lot of respect for Dwight Howard's defensive game, but the Lakers were tied (with Orlando, actually) for 13th in defensive efficiency last season. Are we to presume that Los Angeles becomes defensively elite after adding Nash, Jamison and replacing Drew with Dwight? They should be good on that end, but not assuredly great.

While the Lakers have four awesome offensive players, there are diminishing returns to combining stars whose roles either overlap or do not mesh. Nash and Kobe do their best work when initiating offense. Pau and Dwight do their best work when involved in an offense. There are only so many basketballs (The number is "one," I believe).

Steve Nash should form a wonderful screen and roll pairing with Dwight Howard, but then what does Kobe Bryant do? What does Pau Gasol do? The elements for a great offense are there, but I'm not sure how such an offense can incorporate all the stars at once. When you say, "Pau is the fourth option!" that is as much a testament to redundancy and waste as it is to just how talented the Lakers are.

Jarvo
08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
For one I don't trust Mike Brown nor do I trust Dwight & Kobe ego will let them win.

Lik a somboodee
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
lolol you gotta love the delusional Laker fans... With Bynum and Gasol, they said the league has changed and is not a big man league anymore but now that they have Howard instead of Bynum, it is a big man league... Hahaha Howard basically = Bynum so the Lakers are still teh 3rd best team in the league, nothing changed but of course the media is gonna hype up the Lakers like they always do... Nash is 38 and Kobe is 34, too old players past there prime and you still got Gasol, who according to tons of Laker fans, he sucks and the Lakers got no bench.... Plus the Lakers do not have the refs like they had in the past... OKC vs Heat in the Finals

#Shumpert Up
08-10-2012, 02:43 PM
BOBCATS MKG IS THE NEXT JORDAN :superman: LOLOLOL

mightybosstone
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I think Miami is still the favorite. They won the title last season, they've been together longer than this new Lakers team and they know how to win together now. I think it's a little too early to crown the Lakers given how different they're going to be and before we see what kind of team they are. And given how old some of their key players are, one injury could kill them.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-10-2012, 03:55 PM
For one I don't trust Mike Brown nor do I trust Dwight & Kobe ego will let them win.

This.

Honestly can't see the Lakers getting past a more mature Thunder team. Russ will TORCH Nash, he will be the key player in that series. And although the Thunder's bigs aren't very tall, they are good defenders so Dwight will have to go to work against good low post d if they stand a chance. Plus, the Thunder do their work from the perimeter, so Dwight is kinda of redundant if he just gonna try and block shots down low. And of course Durant is just a ridiculous player, second best in my book.

But don't get me wrong, the Lakers are gonna be really good. I'm not gonna say "there's only one ball, blah blah blah". I think they can figure it out, but it won't be a very complex offense because i think Mike Brown is horrendous. And i forsee some friction between Dwight and Kobe because their egos are ridiculously huge.

Blitzbolt
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Grizzlies .

Young fast and strong.

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Bulls would have beaten Boston no problem.

justinnum1
08-10-2012, 04:04 PM

Sure. Because they had HC, right?

BKdoubleStacker
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Aren't you the guy working at the local Burger king, off 75 on Dunwoody?

nope but its funny how you cried to the mods trying to change your name because everyone pwned you asking why you didnt close your account

ryang
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM

agreed.

gcoll
08-11-2012, 02:23 AM
No.

As long as Kobe lets Nash run the offense, the Lakers are going to win it. They have Dwight Howard and Gasol in the front court, and Nash and Kobe in the back. Put me as the #3 and they'd still probably win.

Barring injuries of course. Nash has left Phoenix; and Phoenix is sort of known for having a good medical staff.

The only problem I would predict in the Lakers lineup is that they're too slow. Nash is an up-tempo point guard. Kobe, Dwight, and Gasol don't really play an up-tempo game. But, I'm sure they can figure something out.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 02:35 AM
miami will smoke the lakers

lebron says hello

naps
08-11-2012, 02:42 AM
So now that the lakers have gotten Dwight Howard and kept pau who is the favorite in your opinion to win the title?

Kobe-Nash-Pau-Howard

Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka

Lebron-Wade-Bosh-Allen

I'm going with the lakers!! 2 big 2 strong 2 talented!

Can someone add a pole please for some reason I can't make a poll? Thanks!

LOL...overexcited Laker fan. Miami Heat are the favorites even if Lakers bring Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, and Magic Jhonson back all in their primes. World champs until you dethrone them.

Losoway
08-11-2012, 02:43 AM
LOL...overexcited Laker fan. Miami Heat are the favorites even if Lakers bring Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, and Magic Jhonson back all in their primes. World champs until you dethrone them.

:dance2::dance2:

gcoll
08-11-2012, 02:44 AM
There is no logic in **** like this.

Why do sports fans always engage in such terrible thinking?

They just repeat platitudes and pretend that they've made a point. This is why sports talk radio will make you commit suicide if you listen to it for more than 20 minutes.

seikou8
08-11-2012, 03:12 AM

:facepalm: sorry but what

Steelers23_06
08-11-2012, 03:47 AM
i think the heat are ahead not because of talent but chemistry which is what OKC has up on LA they have a one year window imo. nash has one good year left in him before he is a solid bench player. dwight will probably leave especially if they dont win and LA turns on em dwight cant take that hes not as lovable as shaq and you saw shaqs exit. you can tell by kobes sporadic play in the olympics his prime years are coming to an end sadly. but back to my point i think okc and mia kept their nucleus while still adding key compenants and addressing weaknesses all they need is a big to atleast come in and give dwight some energy minutes in the late 3rd easrly 4th when dwight is a lil worn down. i mean on paper these guys are amazing, paper champions all day but that doesnt always mean everything look at miami when they came together they didnt click instantly and start making the hightlight plays they started making toward the end of the season and this season. but i think the lakers having less obstacles to overcome then miami did when it comes to playing cohesively. pretty much i guess what im saying is only time will tell but as of now my favorites list goes
1. Miami
2. OKC
3. LA

GREATNESS ONE
08-11-2012, 03:52 AM

Boom.

GSWJunkie
08-11-2012, 04:00 AM
I'll say it now, I hate the Lakers, I'm a Warriors fan so you know this is an un-biased opinion, call it championship envy if want, I won't argue that. However, to those fans that are saying the Lakers are too old though, just look at the Spurs and what they have done as one of the oldest teams in the league and that nixes every age argument. The Lakers will be the favorites now and will probably win it all (as I puke in my bucket while saying this, LOL) They are too strong and too big and they would destroy the Heat in a 7 game series as their rosters stand now, sorry Heat fans, that's just the truth. If the Lakers can stay healthy, it will be a major disappointment if they fail to win the NBA Championship, which I really hope comes to fruition as I hate the Lakers. I will be rooting for Miami the whole time but unfortunately, I just don't see them taking down this Lakers team w/o any major injuries. I just want the season to be over so the Lakers can start the rebuilding process once Kobe/Nash retire, DH12 walks and Bynum already gone. Hopefully they suffer for the next decade while rebuilding (it's about time they did) as my Warriors start to make their ascent to the top of the Pacific Division, LOL.

seikou8
08-11-2012, 04:02 AM
i think the heat are ahead not because of talent but chemistry which is what OKC has up on LA they have a one year window imo. nash has one good year left in him before he is a solid bench player. dwight will probably leave especially if they dont win and LA turns on em dwight cant take that hes not as lovable as shaq and you saw shaqs exit. you can tell by kobes sporadic play in the olympics his prime years are coming to an end sadly. but back to my point i think okc and mia kept their nucleus while still adding key compenants and addressing weaknesses all they need is a big to atleast come in and give dwight some energy minutes in the late 3rd easrly 4th when dwight is a lil worn down. i mean on paper these guys are amazing, paper champions all day but that doesnt always mean everything look at miami when they came together they didnt click instantly and start making the hightlight plays they started making toward the end of the season and this season. but i think the lakers having less obstacles to overcome then miami did when it comes to playing cohesively. pretty much i guess what im saying is only time will tell but as of now my favorites list goes
1. Miami
2. OKC
3. LA

1 wow do we know wade isn't on the decline did you see him the the playoffs not wade like.
2dwight wont leave to where would he go to dallas hahahha
3 they have Jordan hill or pau gasol to play the 5
4kobe hasn't been in his prime since 09-10 season and still put up huge numbers for his age and number of seasons.
5 favorites mean for this season just because your champs doesn't mean your the favorite win this season is giants the favorite to win the Superbowl no.
6 one year they have three years then they do what la do get more superstars when kobe and nash hang it up
7 okc also has harden and serge coming off the books this season do they have more than one year left with that core.

lakers are the favorite in my mind and no i am not a laker fan

raiderposting
08-11-2012, 04:02 AM
i think the lakers should try to trade pau for josh smith again. Dwight howard and josh smith guarding the rim would be ****ing nasty. and to naps who said heat are favs even if you bring mj, wilt, and magic back in their primes..........didn't your mom teach you that, "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing?"

GREATNESS ONE
08-11-2012, 04:12 AM
^ Pau will not let us down and not going anywhere.

Auseranami
08-11-2012, 04:18 AM
How can the lakers not be favorites? They have Kobe, who is still a great player even tho he is entering the twilight of his career. Then they bring in Nash, who is still a top 4 point guard behind cp3, d-will, and rondo. Then they bring in Dwight Howard, who is the best center by far, and a 3-time defensive player of the year. Oh, and they kept gasol, who is still one of the better big men in the league, and metta, who can still provide some solid defense, even tho he's nowhere near what he used to be. Then throw in Jordan hill, earl clark, Antawn Jameson, Jodie Meeks, and Steve Blake and you have one of the better benches in the league. Plus with the sudden championships aspirations, the lakers could still real in some solid free agents at a cheaper price.

Avenged
08-11-2012, 04:27 AM
But but but they got Dwight!!!

Yes. Didn't realize Dwight was a scrub.

Avenged
08-11-2012, 04:30 AM
I think Lakers fans are living in fantasy land...they act as if Kobe, Nash and Gasol are not well above their prime. Pau Gasol is as good as Kwame Brown at the present moment and Steve Nash once played PG for the Washington Bullets.

Quoted because I think everyone should have the privilege of reading this post as I did. :clap: :clap: :clap:

seikou8
08-11-2012, 04:30 AM
heat are champs of 2011-2012 season and defending champs lakers are favorite to win the 2012-2013 championship big difference guys

Steelers23_06
08-11-2012, 04:42 AM
1 wow do we know wade isn't on the decline did you see him the the playoffs not wade like.
2dwight wont leave to where would he go to dallas hahahha
3 they have Jordan hill or pau gasol to play the 5
4kobe hasn't been in his prime since 09-10 season and still put up huge numbers for his age and number of seasons.
5 favorites mean for this season just because your champs doesn't mean your the favorite win this season is giants the favorite to win the Superbowl no.
6 one year they have three years then they do what la do get more superstars when kobe and nash hang it up
7 okc also has harden and serge coming off the books this season do they have more than one year left with that core.

lakers are the favorite in my mind and no i am not a laker fan

first off wade was playing injured theres a difference in playing hurt and playing old. doesnt this remind you of when he had two injury riddled seasons still putting up quality numbers then came back and had a career year. not saying this is whats happening but injuries effect players and he says hes getting back to health and whats being said about dwights hes lightyears ahead of him when it comes to injuries. since when has 30 been decline? im pretty sure thats still prime. and OKC has money to keep either Harden or Ibaka so they still have their core intact so what exactly are you saying? we all know role player come and go look at all every dynasty in league history. LA will possibly be losing all their stars in a period of 2-5 years. when they just got assembled thats a small window if players dont instantly mesh. i think they could squeeze one ring tops out of this situation at best but hey even if they do that kobe got what he set out for and thats to match jordan...and if they get one how long does kobe hold on for 7? i say he retires when his contracts up and comes back for a contender at the age of 38 after taking a few years off (deja vu) lol. everyone comes back or gets tempted and i think like jordan the temptation will get the better of him lol. but back to what i was saying, im not saying they wont win but to say an entire new team will gel instantly and is an instant favorite is just plain ridiculous. thats so 2010 lol

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 04:49 AM

Wow! You are so bitter that you have to make outrages claims.

Have a glass of milk and reread what you typed here.

seikou8
08-11-2012, 04:59 AM
first off wade was playing injured theres a difference in playing hurt and playing old. doesnt this remind you of when he had two injury riddled seasons still putting up quality numbers then came back and had a career year. not saying this is whats happening but injuries effect players and he says hes getting back to health and whats being said about dwights hes lightyears ahead of him when it comes to injuries. since when has 30 been decline? im pretty sure thats still prime. and OKC has money to keep either Harden or Ibaka so they still have their core intact so what exactly are you saying? we all know role player come and go look at all every dynasty in league history. LA will possibly be losing all their stars in a period of 2-5 years. when they just got assembled thats a small window if players dont instantly mesh. i think they could squeeze one ring tops out of this situation at best but hey even if they do that kobe got what he set out for and thats to match jordan...and if they get one how long does kobe hold on for 7? i say he retires when his contracts up and comes back for a contender at the age of 38 after taking a few years off (deja vu) lol. everyone comes back or gets tempted and i think like jordan the temptation will get the better of him lol. but back to what i was saying, im not saying they wont win but to say an entire new team will gel instantly and is an instant favorite is just plain ridiculous. thats so 2010 lol

harden and serge will command the max if lopez can both these guys can okc cant keep both if one at all.they do have 2-5 window just like the heat.
the favorite doesn't you can book it its going to happen kobe will retire in two or three it will be a sad day if the chemistry is there no one can beat them

Vinny642
08-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Im going Thunder, they drafted really good and their core is only getting better

DaBear
08-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Lakers

LJEATON26
08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
The Thunder. Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka will all improve. They get Eric Maynor back from injury and draft Perry Jones 3. If they can stay healthy they will be able to put away LA and give Miami a series.

Raidaz4Life
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Too early to tell as far as I'm concerned... the playoffs is all about matchups. All it takes is one bad matchup to knock an elite team out.

Plus with the way the landscape has changed over the summer, we have no idea how different teams are going to gel.

I think Miami is definitely a safe pick though because they have done nothing but improve their team up to this point. I thought Ray Allen couldn't have been an any more perfect fit for them.

Mr. Baller
08-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Miami
OKC
Lakers

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 11:31 AM
heat are champs of 2011-2012 season and defending champs lakers are favorite to win the 2012-2013 championship big difference guys

Says who? Some kids on PSD?
ESPN

5. Who should be favored to win the 2013 NBA title?

Adande: Still the Miami Heat. Didn't we learn from them that you can't assume everything will come together immediately when you add two new major players? The 2007-08 Boston Celtics were the exception, but the NBA rule is that time together is the key component to championship teams.

Arnovitz: Miami. The Lakers' haul this offseason is impressive and should vault them over every other team in the league with a plural nickname. But cohesion takes time and, all of a sudden, the Heat look like the team with the best combination of incumbency and veteran savvy.

Gutierrez: The only reason the Lakers shouldn't be favored is the unknown: chemistry, coaching, health. But they have a balanced big four right off the bat and are strongest where the Heat are weakest: up front. Assuming health and a late addition at center, the Heat should still be the slightest of favorites. But LeBron James' throne is seriously challenged.

Palmer: The Miami Heat. With the addition of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and a healthy Chris Bosh, the Heat are still in the driver's seat. The Lakers have had a terrific summer, but there are still quite a few unknowns regarding chemistry, old legs and, most importantly, Howard's back. Forget about the Heat: The Lakers still might not have enough to get past the Thunder.

Stein: Stein: Still gotta go with Miami. The Heat had a decent little summer of their own (Ray Allen, anyone?) and have the undeniable continuity edge over the retooled Lakers. Which is important and should count for something. But L.A. shoots right back to the top of the West with its moves -- as long as Howard's back cooperates post-surgery -- and has Nash to help the Lakers figure it all out. What an end to our long national Dwightmare. This league, man. This league.

The pressure on the lakers to win will be crazy. can you imagine if they lose 3 or 4 in a row.

seikou8
08-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Says who? Some kids on PSD?
ESPN

The pressure on the lakers to win will be crazy. can you imagine if they lose 3 or 4 in a row.

in my opinion lakers are the favorite it wouldn't worse then miami during the 2010-2011 season

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Kobe always succeed when under pressure.Dwight/Nash will be hungry for a ring they know they are under pressure and I expect them to win the championship this year.

Lakers nation

JRisdabest
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
clippers no doubt

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-11-2012, 11:52 AM
The Heat are the best team until someone beats them. Anyways I hope to see a Celtics Lakers finals this season. That would be so fun.

ohreally
08-11-2012, 12:14 PM

I do think everyone is underestimating the Celts. Ainge did a great job filling in pieces and they were right there with Miami in a very grueling year for old guys in particular. I put them at least on par with the Heat, and if Pierce and KG can be healthy for the series I would bet on the Celts beating the Heat, even with the addition of Ray.

Brooklyn has an intriguing team, and I think Teletovic is going to be a factor. It's the Euro guys and Brooks who will really determine how good the team actually is .

Sixers are looking good too. And Washington could be scary.

Denver could be a surprise out West. And if Bogut is and can stay healthy, a big if, I think Golden State can be a squad that could really gel.

Big Zo
08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Kobe always succeed when under pressure.Dwight/Nash will be hungry for a ring they know they are under pressure and I expect them to win the championship this year.

Lakers nation

Weren't you a Magic fan a couple of days ago? :eyebrow:

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 12:24 PM

Someone said he was a rockets fan on another site too lol

D-Block21-Chito
08-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Lakers are the team to beat now

J$mo0th_3o5
08-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Lakers are the team to beat now

Negative.

shep33
08-11-2012, 12:42 PM
It's still Miami, gotta give the champs respect. But I'd say we closed the gap. Considering we choked away 2 games against OKC and could've been up 3-1 with Gasol and Bynum not playing very well at all offensively (well below their averages), and now that we've added the best defensive player in the NBA and one of the best ball distributors ever... I think we've improved. Jamison and Meeks are big upgrades for our bench, which was dead last this past season in scoring.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Even though im a Nets fan ive always cheered for the Heat in the playoffs, Nets as far as they go and Heat after that.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
The Heat are the best team until someone beats them. Anyways I hope to see a Celtics Lakers finals this season. That would be so fun.

It would be cool but Celtics wouldnt stand a chance as of right now, I dont think KG can stop Dwight..Brandon Bass wont even come close to stopping Gasol. But the 1-3 positions could go either way.

Knick_Fever
08-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Lakers without a doubt. Howard took the Magic to the finals by himself, what do you think he will do with Kobe, Nash, and Gasol? They will crush the opposition. Remember, Westbrook is still a chucker and Harden can't make the three. Durant cant do it by himself.

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Lakers without a doubt. Howard took the Magic to the finals by himself, what do you think he will do with Kobe, Nash, and Gasol? They will crush the opposition. Remember, Westbrook is still a chucker and Harden can't make the three. Durant cant do it by himself.

harden can't make the 3? he shoots it at .390% thats pretty damn good and near elite territory. And yes westbrook does chuck, but he is also an explosive athlete that can put a lot of pressure on a defense, i can see dwight getting in foul trouble easily having to help after westbrook blows by nash.

RLundi
08-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Even though im a Nets fan ive always cheered for the Heat in the playoffs, Nets as far as they go and Heat after that.

This doesn't surprise me.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-11-2012, 01:03 PM
It would be cool but Celtics wouldnt stand a chance as of right now, I dont think KG can stop Dwight..Brandon Bass wont even come close to stopping Gasol. But the 1-3 positions could go either way.

It depends. KG is still a top 5 defender in this league, he may able to disrupt Howard from time to time. If Rondo plays like he wants on the national stage, he could give Nash some fits. Bradley and Pierce could also give Kobe some trouble as well. As of right now the Lakers are the better team but the Celtics could definitely make it tough on them.

RLundi
08-11-2012, 01:04 PM

:clap:

RLundi
08-11-2012, 01:08 PM
It depends. KG is still a top 5 defender in this league, he may able to disrupt Howard from time to time. If Rondo plays like he wants on the national stage, he could give Nash some fits. Bradley and Pierce could also give Kobe some trouble as well. As of right now the Lakers are the better team but the Celtics could definitely make it tough on them.

I think Boston would give Miami or Brooklyn problems but I think they don't stand a chance against LA. The Lakers are just too big and long. Garnett is still a very good defender but to ask him to check Dwight all game and Bass to guard Gasol would be unfair.

I think the C's are good enough to beat anyone in the East but LA and OKC would be just too much for them.

TheRunKiller
08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Lakers are gonna be scary team I could see them winning it all this season

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Lakers are gonna be scary team I could see them winning it all this season

Lakers okc Boston Miami are only teams who have a shot imo

ThunderousDemon
08-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Wow! Really! I would have never guessed that you were also a Heat fan.

bucketss
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM

why would durant need to do it himself when he has a top 3-5 point guard and arguably top 5 shooting guard on his team are you just gonna assume they will be non factors?

king4day
08-11-2012, 02:25 PM
OKC and then Boston.

JordansBulls
08-11-2012, 06:04 PM

Lakers would smash the Celtics.

Longhornfan1234
08-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Lakers.

I love LeBron...but I can't see him carrying the Heat again.

Kobe is going to abuse Wade. Howard and Gasol are going to abuse Miami's front court.

S & B Bleeder
08-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Lakers.

Kobe is going to abuse Wade. Howard and Gasol are going to abuse Miami's front court.

THIS

There is no way around it-the Lakers are going to be too damn dominant for ANYONE to match up to. Pick your poison-and I love how everyone is forgetting that Nash is a BOSS shooter from 3 point range, and well, anywhere else on the floor...........cover him, and watch Dwight, Pau, or Kobe bust loose from Nash's incredible passing and setups.

Seriously, there isnt another team as deep or that can remotely hang with us. Records will be broken....sig me on that.

JordansBulls
08-11-2012, 06:35 PM

I thought he was a Heat fan. I guess he just jumps from team to team or basically whoever is favorite to win is his team.

SwatTeam
08-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Laughing at everyone saying Jamison is a good bench player. Ah, kids. Meeks was a good signing but if the lakers are smart they would amnesty that Jamison contract and pick up scola. The lakers have a soft PF (gasol) backed up by another soft sf/pf (Jamison). That's not a good argument bragging about Jamison. Dude is horrible, even in limited minutes. Who is the lakers grind it out dirty hustle player who doesn't care about stats? Is it Dwight (big ego)? Is it Pau (Charmin toilet paper soft)? Is it MWP (doesn't know difference between hard foul and assault)? Is it Jamison (Walmart brand toilet paper soft)? Is it Jordan Hill (maybe)? The lakers would be crazy if they don't try to go for broke and get scola. Otherwise they really have no bench in my opinion.

JordansBulls
08-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Laughing at everyone saying Jamison is a good bench player. Ah, kids. Meeks was a good signing but if the lakers are smart they would amnesty that Jamison contract and pick up scola. The lakers have a soft PF (gasol) backed up by another soft sf/pf (Jamison). That's not a good argument bragging about Jamison. Dude is horrible, even in limited minutes. Who is the lakers grind it out dirty hustle player who doesn't care about stats? Is it Dwight (big ego)? Is it Pau (Charmin toilet paper soft)? Is it MWP (doesn't know difference between hard foul and assault)? Is it Jamison (Walmart brand toilet paper soft)? Is it Jordan Hill (maybe)? The lakers would be crazy if they don't try to go for broke and get scola. Otherwise they really have no bench in my opinion.

Why the hell would you amnesty a guy you signed for 1-2 years?

justinnum1
08-11-2012, 06:50 PM

jamison is not amnesty elegible

bucketss
08-11-2012, 07:05 PM
THIS

There is no way around it-the Lakers are going to be too damn dominant for ANYONE to match up to. Pick your poison-and I love how everyone is forgetting that Nash is a BOSS shooter from 3 point range, and well, anywhere else on the floor...........cover him, and watch Dwight, Pau, or Kobe bust loose from Nash's incredible passing and setups.

Seriously, there isnt another team as deep or that can remotely hang with us. Records will be broken....sig me on that.

bucketss
08-11-2012, 07:07 PM

scola was claimed by the suns.

SwatTeam
08-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Why the hell would you amnesty a guy you signed for 1-2 years?

The lakers have a 2 year window to make this thing work before they are forced to trade rape some team who has a disgruntled superstar for 20 cents on the dollar.

Jamison is a horrible player. Look up his stats and actually watch the guy play. He is a shell of his former self from 7 years ago. Lebron couldn't even make him look good. In retrospect, Scola would be an awesome pick up for the Lakers but he won't come cheap. However, I'm not sure what the rules are to get him since he was amnestied himself but if the Lakers could dump Jamison and pick up Scola up they would truly be scary. The lakers bench is non-existent in my opinion. Meeks and Hill are all they have. They need an upgrade for their big men from the bench.

Thanks for discussing the actual topic of my post which was Jamison sucking but instead getting caught up in technicalities. You post a lot on here but you're reading comprehension skills are pretty poor.

SwatTeam
08-11-2012, 07:08 PM
******* all my points are moot. Carry on.

JordansBulls
08-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I think OKC needs some scoring out of it's PF/C position.

dnewguy
08-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Lakers.

Throughout Kobe's career, he's been getting abused by wade...why would that stop now? If you call jacking up jump shots "abuse", well...you dont know much about basketball. Ray Allen by himself can give us what Kobe will give the Lakers...then you still have LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Miller and Battier to deal with. Well, as we say in the Heat forum...Weatherman's forecast for Heat/lakers game? it'll be a rainy day. BEATDOWN

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 05:44 PM
...and the biggest moron on PSD award goes to.... *opens envelope* ...

LOSOWAY! :facepalm:

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
...although SwatTeam was really close to getting the award too.

MTL_123
08-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Miami--I just dont see how LA can stop a line up of Wade,Allen,Lebron,Battier,Bosh.Yes D-12 is great at defense but everyone else on their starting line up sucks at it, Nash cant guard anyone,MWP is so bad,Gasol is way to soft and kobe is to old look wat harden did against him in the playoffs. KObe would have to guard wade so nash would be on allen,lebron would be on MWP and gasol and D-12 will be near the 3point line guarding Bosh and battier.

Vinny642
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
The 2014-15 Champions will me my New Orleans Hornets! Book it!

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 05:55 PM
All of you people sound so scared to me, lol. Just trying to find the most absurd and ******** excuses that somehow prove that the Lakers are not good enough for the Thunder or the Heat. You people need a reality check. There is more to basketball than comparing player vs player.

I just find it funny. You will see that a healthy Lakers squad will be nearly unbeatable, and Miami and OKC will be the Lakers only threats. But saying, the Lakers cant stop the Heat or Thunder or that the Lakers are too old and all that other stuff is just hilarious.

Don't be scared. No point to be scared.

Byronicle
08-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Lakers

When they first acquired Nash, I thought they were pretty damn good already but now with Howard? And their bench is awesome too with Blake, Meeks and Jamison, they are a scary good team. Nash has never played on a team with this many weapons and a dominating player in Howard.

OKC has Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Perkins, Sefalosha and Collins but that is about it. OKC still has no low post offense and that was there biggest problem facing the Heat

Heat have Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Anthony with a good bench in Allen, Lewis, Battier, Miller, Haslem and Cole but they still do not have a low post offensive weapon

neither of these teams can stop the frontcourt of Howard/Gasol

Vinny642
08-12-2012, 06:02 PM
All of you people sound so scared to me, lol. Just trying to find the most absurd and ******** excuses that somehow prove that the Lakers are not good enough for the Thunder or the Heat. You people need a reality check. There is more to basketball than comparing player vs player.

I just find it funny. You will see that a healthy Lakers squad will be nearly unbeatable, and Miami and OKC will be the Lakers only threats. But saying, the Lakers cant stop the Heat or Thunder or that the Lakers are too old and all that other stuff is just hilarious.

Don't be scared. No point to be scared.

Oh king almighty wont you shut the hell up already?

I think any of them three teams has a legit chance to bet the other, no one is really that much more heavily favored than the other at all, but sir, I think you are overrating Nash a little bit, and Dwight, Dwight wont get 20ppg with the Lakers next season, and Nash wont get over 10 APG

rickshaw
08-12-2012, 06:03 PM
The Lakers on paper, but Nash and Kobe are elderly, Pau is getting up there, Dwight just had back surgery, and Artest is Artest.

Rocketsfan85
08-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Lol this is coming from a nets troll who's team didn't get get Dwight like he promised and now that the lakers got him there still not better lmao gtf outta here troll

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh king almighty wont you shut the hell up already?

I think any of them three teams has a legit chance to bet the other, no one is really that much more heavily favored than the other at all, but sir, I think you are overrating Nash a little bit, and Dwight, Dwight wont get 20ppg with the Lakers next season, and Nash wont get over 10 APG

We don't need Dwight to even score a point, his defense will make up for it. Its not that hard to understand just how much Dwight is going to change the Lakers and their defensive culture. You have no idea, point guards wont be slicing and dicing our defense anymore. Nash will prevent any late game turnovers and mental lapses. He will keep the game in control. Nash will average 9-10 APG, if you think otherwise you are underrating all the players he has around him.

I did not say the Lakers will steamroll past OKC or Miami, what I said is that OKC and Miami are the only teams that can beat the Lakers (which I CAN see happening). On the other hand however, there are plenty of morons on this forum that keep saying how OKC is going to destroy the Lakers and other jokes of that fashion.

Good day sir. Get ready to enjoy a couple of seasons of Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon before they decide to bolt out of that shithole you call a franchise. Who wouldn't?

bucketss
08-12-2012, 06:50 PM

We don't need Dwight to even score a point, his defense will make up for it. Its not that hard to understand just how much Dwight is going to change the Lakers and their defensive culture. You have no idea, point guards wont be slicing and dicing our defense anymore. Nash will prevent any late game turnovers and mental lapses. He will keep the game in control. Nash will average 9-10 APG, if you think otherwise you are underrating all the players he has around him.

I did not say the Lakers will steamroll past OKC or Miami, what I said is that OKC and Miami are the only teams that can beat the Lakers (which I CAN see happening). On the other hand however, there are plenty of morons on this forum that keep saying how OKC is going to destroy the Lakers and other jokes of that fashion.

Good day sir. Get ready to enjoy a couple of seasons of Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon before they decide to bolt out of that shithole you call a franchise. Who wouldn't?

eric gordon is locked up for the next 4 years, so is anthony davis.which afterwards he will become a restricted free agent in which the hornets will be able to match any offer. so with that being said the duo of gordon and davis will be with the hornets for awhile.

LakersMaster24
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
eric gordon is locked up for the next 4 years, so is anthony davis.which afterwards he will become a restricted free agent in which the hornets will be able to match any offer. so with that being said the duo of gordon and davis will be with the hornets for awhile.

Not unless they demand to be traded.

IKnowHoops
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Ray allen should be fine, all he needs to do is run around and shoot. He looked pretty good doing that in the playoffs with bone spurs in his ankle, i think he will be ok after surgery.

ok, wade and bron say hi back as they blow by him to the rim(dont forget, dwight is near the 3 pt line guarding bosh)

Wade is currently and for the rest of his career better than Kobe.
Kobe 43% from field
Wade 50% from field with bum knee

dnewguy
08-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Weatherman forecast for Heat/lakers matchup: Unusual weather today in L A, not only are we getting hit with above 100 degree weather but there is also a 100 percent chance of rain.

Vinny642
08-13-2012, 12:01 AM

You are overrating Dwight's impact a lot, he isn't a huge step up from Bynum and lets be real, you don't know that his back will hold up... backs can be as bad as a knee injury... the Thunder wont destroy LA but LA certainly wont destroy them either, and there also a lot of morons that think the Lakers are the kings of the NBA.... there will be chemistry issues with the Lakers, and injuries happen to every team, you don't know how Steve Nash will react to not having the ball as much, and also Davis will be a Hornet for a while, and so will Rivers and Anderson, 4 years is a lot of time.

Vinny642
08-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Not unless they demand to be traded.

You do not know Monty Williams or Dell Demps do you? LOL

Demps made amazing moves for us in one offseason and it set us up for next offseason too....

MackSnackWrap
08-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Heat

Mave1002
08-13-2012, 12:53 AM

Pau - A skilled PF

I admire you for speaking the truth.

Losoway
08-13-2012, 12:58 AM
miami

Munkeysuit
08-13-2012, 01:21 AM
"All of you people sound so scared to me, lol. Just trying to find the most absurd and ******** excuses that somehow prove that the Lakers are not good enough for the Thunder or the Heat. You people need a reality check. There is more to basketball than comparing player vs player.

Don't be scared. No point to be scared."

Scared? Let me shed some realness in your fantasy filled unicorn universe mayn, I do not think anyone opposing the Lakers on this forum is scared, fiercely loyal? Stubborn? maybe a tad ignorant? that's a maybe, but I assure no one is scared of this Laker team.
I suppose you want to know why? ...simple! because the only winners on that team is Kobe and Pau...no one else, Jamison? Howard? Nash? those guys are great players but have never won anything of significance outside of Nash's 2 MVP trophies. Why be scared of a team who's coach cannot even command the respect of any player on that roster?
Kobe will be pretty much babysitting 3 losers for the 1st year, sure they have a great team on paper, but to give them the reigns already? SMDH haven't we been through this already? and you still haven't learned? My vote is always based upon respect to the "current" champs or the NBA and each conferences...Miami and OKC are still the teams to beat.

Munkeysuit
08-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Choosing this Laker squad to be the title favorites is totally understandable only if you are a Laker fan. Anything else would be simply guessing at this point...handing them the title this early is just total ignorance and any sports fan knows this.
I love Miami, I personally pick them to win it all again, but not because I can tell the frikkn future! it's because I have faith in them and am a loyal fan, nothing else matters until they actually get to the Finals.

LakersMaster24
08-13-2012, 01:55 AM
You are overrating Dwight's impact a lot, he isn't a huge step up from Bynum and lets be real, you don't know that his back will hold up... backs can be as bad as a knee injury... the Thunder wont destroy LA but LA certainly wont destroy them either, and there also a lot of morons that think the Lakers are the kings of the NBA.... there will be chemistry issues with the Lakers, and injuries happen to every team, you don't know how Steve Nash will react to not having the ball as much, and also Davis will be a Hornet for a while, and so will Rivers and Anderson, 4 years is a lot of time.

Its so obvious you haven't watched any Lakers games, and have no idea how Bynum plays. You only look at stats to compare the 2. Dwight is going to have a monster effect defensively. Bynum only played dominant defense when he felt like it (which was usually once every 20 games). Regarding Dwights back, I suggest you go read the doctors interview with ESPN radio.

What makes you so sure there will be chemistry issues? Kobe wouldnt recruit Nash if he didnt understand the fact that he wont be handling the ball 24/7 anymore. Pau is not selfish. Nash is not selfish, and he would differ. Howard will be fed the ball for easy dunks and lobs.

LakersMaster24
08-13-2012, 01:58 AM
"All of you people sound so scared to me, lol. Just trying to find the most absurd and ******** excuses that somehow prove that the Lakers are not good enough for the Thunder or the Heat. You people need a reality check. There is more to basketball than comparing player vs player.

Don't be scared. No point to be scared."

Scared? Let me shed some realness in your fantasy filled unicorn universe mayn, I do not think anyone opposing the Lakers on this forum is scared, fiercely loyal? Stubborn? maybe a tad ignorant? that's a maybe, but I assure no one is scared of this Laker team.
I suppose you want to know why? ...simple! because the only winners on that team is Kobe and Pau...no one else, Jamison? Howard? Nash? those guys are great players but have never won anything of significance outside of Nash's 2 MVP trophies. Why be scared of a team who's coach cannot even command the respect of any player on that roster?
Kobe will be pretty much babysitting 3 losers for the 1st year, sure they have a great team on paper, but to give them the reigns already? SMDH haven't we been through this already? and you still haven't learned? My vote is always based upon respect to the "current" champs or the NBA and each conferences...Miami and OKC are still the teams to beat.

Right, cause Lebron and Bosh were NBA champions before joining Wade. :rolleyes: Garnett and Allen did not win anything either before joining Pierce.

Try again.

bucketss
08-13-2012, 02:00 AM
i can't believe someone just called nash a loser, and than said he needed to be baby sat.

LoneWolf
08-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Lakers> Your favorite team

naps
08-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Finals rematch next year. Two of the world's finest players are probably already talking about it on the plane from London to USA.

DreamShaker
08-13-2012, 02:27 AM
I think the Heat will win it all again. I think the Lakers and OKC have a shot, but Lebron is on a different level than everyone else, and the Heat have added some good pieces to a championship core.

ThunderousDemon
08-13-2012, 02:36 AM
:shrug:

dnewguy
08-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Lakers fans after Heat game: rain! rain! go away, come again another day, little children want to play.

dnewguy
08-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Rashad Lewis, James Jones and Shane Battier will be too much RAIN for any team to beat in a 7 game series.

LakersMaster24
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Thats okay. We will grab an umbrella.

TheRunKiller
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Lakers okc Boston Miami are only teams who have a shot imo

I can see Miami & OKC being favorites again but Boston over Lakers now? you serious? IMO

Miami
Lakers
OKC

Everyone else