PDA

View Full Version : Howard to LA...who wins West?

dnewguy
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Key facts: Durant will be the best player in the series, Howard will be the best defender/rebounder but Perkins always give Howard problems. Westbrook always go off on the Lakers but with Howard, he can't do much in the paint. Gasol and Nash are better than last year and also Metta will be motivated. The only key to this series is if Kobe accepts that he is not the best player on the team anymore and defers to Howard.

Who takes a Thunder/lakers series?

I'll say Thunder in 5 because the Lakers have no bench and Kobe's efficiency is terrible

Your thoughts....

JerseyPalahniuk
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
You have incredible insight into these matchups. There was absolutely no Lakers hate involved in this analysis. Well done.

yojoe792
08-09-2012, 11:02 PM
That sure was a cool story bro.

C-Wick925
08-09-2012, 11:15 PM
totally

DR_1
08-09-2012, 11:15 PM
He mad.

sportscrazy34
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Key facts: Durant will be the best player in the series, Howard will be the best defender/rebounder but Perkins always give Howard problems. Westbrook always go off on the Lakers but with Howard, he can't do much in the paint. Gasol and Nash are better than last year and also Metta will be motivated. The only key to this series is if Kobe accepts that he is not the best player on the team anymore and defers to Bynum.

I'll say Thunder in 5 because the Lakers have no bench and Kobe's efficiency is terrible

Your thoughts....

wait.... what?

LA_Raiders
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
lol, you really are d new guy....

Cal827
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
You know that this forum is facing armageddon when Dnewguy's thread is not the bait thread :D Just fooling around man.

But I pick LA. Dwight and Gasol Down low will **** on anything OKC can send at them. MWP is a decent defender on Durant. If OKC is gonna win, it's gonna be Westbrook dominating Nash (which is possible). Include that Jamison will be on their bench serving as a sixth man PF/SF role... they might grab some guy for SG/PG positions (Barbosa) and they also have Jordan Hill as another PF/C back-up.

Lakers in 6.

justinnum1
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
If you say okc you will be called a hater.

With that said, okc in 6 or 7. Durant is to good.

kjoke
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Heat. Figure that one out.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Lakers easily!

Raph12
08-09-2012, 11:34 PM

With that said, okc in 6 or 7. Durant is to good.

Dwight's better, they just replaced Alston, Lee, Hedo and Shard (09 Finalists) with Nash, Kobe, MWP and Pau... Nuff said.

JWO35
08-09-2012, 11:36 PM
He mad.

That never gets old :laugh:

DR_1
08-09-2012, 11:38 PM
That never gets old :laugh:

:bow:

smiddy012
08-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Key facts: Durant will be the best player in the series, Howard will be the best defender/rebounder but Perkins always give Howard problems. Westbrook always go off on the Lakers but with Howard, he can't do much in the paint. Gasol and Nash are better than last year and also Metta will be motivated. The only key to this series is if Kobe accepts that he is not the best player on the team anymore and defers to Bynum.

Your thoughts....

My thoughts? You should either quit thinking, or try harder.

socalpkrbkr
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
My thoughts? You should either quit thinking, or try harder.
All of this!!!!
:laugh2:

JLynn943
08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Westbrook/Harden will abuse Nash, and no one on the Lakers will be able to contain Durant. Meanwhile Ibaka and Perkins at least stand a chance of stopping Pau and Dwight.

And of course all of this is overlooking the fact that Nash/Kobe/Howard have never played a game together. Remember when everyone used that argument against Heat fans and then the Heat indeed did lose in the Finals. Well, the same thing applies to this team. There are a lot of different styles that need to mesh for this to work.

itscooljazz
08-10-2012, 12:03 AM
I'd say the lakers because they didnt lose by much(3 of those games could of went LA's way) during the last WCF and this season they've upgraded in pg, c, and the bench. no way they lose to thunder.

IndyRealist
08-10-2012, 12:04 AM
The Lakers have 4 players who could be all-stars in February. I think that's too much to overcome.

b@llhog24
08-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Dwight's better, they just replaced Alston, Lee, Hedo and Shard (09 Finalists) with Nash, Kobe, MWP and Pau... Nuff said.

Bingo

Iceman_9
08-10-2012, 12:05 AM
:facepalm:

TheRunKiller
08-10-2012, 12:11 AM
so ok

Nash
Kobe
Who cares? Hellen Keller would be ok
Gasol?
Howard

oh my goodness

Fireworld
08-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Lakers...yup

Gagan136
08-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Lake show

Im_in_Mia_bish
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM
so ok

Nash
Kobe
Who cares? Hellen Keller would be ok
Gasol?
Howard

oh my goodness

I guess Hellen Keller would be able to guard durant or lebron?

as long as it is against the heat or thunder, i dont see the lakers beating them until proven otherwise.

raiderposting
08-10-2012, 12:58 AM
just because perkins slowed down bynum doesn't mean he can stop howard. perkins sucks. I can't believe people are picking the thunder.

Nash
Kobe
Sign Earl Boykins and start him at SF for 47 mpg
Gasol
Howard

sixth man
Jamison

lakers will still win it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
lol laker fans saying it doesnt matter who plays sf are basically the same as when heat fans in the beginning said u can put anyone in place to play with lebron, wade and bosh.

lol..

time will tell.

raiderposting
08-10-2012, 01:05 AM
lol laker fans saying it doesnt matter who plays sf are basically the same as when heat fans in the beginning said u can put anyone in place to play with lebron, wade and bosh.

lol..

time will tell.

intimidated?

Im_in_Mia_bish
08-10-2012, 01:12 AM
? because I am saying time will tell?

do you know what intimidated means?

Cal827
08-10-2012, 01:15 AM
just because perkins slowed down bynum doesn't mean he can stop howard. perkins sucks. I can't believe people are picking the thunder.

Nash
Kobe
Sign Earl Boykins and start him at SF for 47 mpg
Gasol
Howard

sixth man
Jamison

lakers will still win it.

:laugh:

I'm thinking that Jamison platoons off the bench for MWP/Gasol... while Hill will mainly be the back-up to Howard (covering Gasol for a lil bit too).

As I said.. if they can get a SG/PG role player (E.g. Barbosa) then **** it. I would bet that it will be a MIA-LA final.

bringinwood
08-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Who guards Westbrook ??? Nash ???????? LMMFAO... Keep on smokin...

Who guards Durant ??? Ummmmm, that's not gonna happen either...

Perkins is the best low post defender in basketball and is the only one in basketball who can guard D12 one on one...

I'll still take OKC...

Raph12
08-10-2012, 01:37 AM

Perkins is the best low post defender in basketball and is the only one in basketball who can guard D12 one on one...

I'll still take OKC...

Here are some better questions;

Who stops the pnr with Nash-Dwight/Pau?

Who stops the easy baskets Dwight/Pau will get from attacking the boards?

Who doubles anyone without getting burned?

Who can score in the paint with Dwight and Pau protecting the rim?

Who will outrebound the Lakers?

Saying Perkins is the best low-post defender in basketball is laughable; he's an overrated piece of garbage and OKC knows they overpaid for him... Dwight put up 22+ppg on 57+FG% against Perk-Sheed-KG in 2010 all by himself; try again bud.

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Folks are having some Kobe fantasy here, the dude is old and is not even top 5 anymore...this is not the Kobe of 5 years ago.

Aust
08-10-2012, 01:39 AM
You have incredible insight into these matchups. There was absolutely no Lakers hate involved in this analysis. Well done.

:dance:

dnewguy
08-10-2012, 01:40 AM

Saying Perkins is the best low-post defender in basketball is laughable; he's an overrated piece of garbage and OKC knows they overpaid for him... Dwight put up 22+ppg on 57+FG% against Perk-Sheed-KG in 2010 all by himself; try again bud.

How about a Lebron or Wade driving...get two quick fouls on Howard, then what are you left with? The Knicks. Dude, your comments make it seem like they are great but the Lakers starting is old and slow on defense, they will quickly put Howard in foul trouble.

Cal827
08-10-2012, 01:43 AM
:laugh: CousinsEvansDUO is back! :dance: Time for the franchise to speak.

Also, whoever said that Perkins is the best interior defender should probably be executed in the most inhumane way possible.... have to endure 7 straight hours of watching a crackhead fight a moron when it comes to sports... in translation.. watch Skip Bayless vs Stephen A Smith.

krest213
08-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Spurs is still around girls

Krush
08-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Lakers all the way even though they are old, but talented.

Raph12
08-10-2012, 01:48 AM
How about a Lebron or Wade driving...get two quick fouls on Howard, then what are you left with? The Knicks. Dude, your comments make it seem like they are great but the Lakers starting is old and slow on defense, they will quickly put Howard in foul trouble.

The Magic have split with the Heat 4-4 since the Big 3 got to Miami; Dwight has also won more against Lebron, Bosh and Wade in h2hs prior to their alliance... The Lakers are slow, but Nash-Kobe-MWP-Pau is still much better defensively than Nelson-JRich-Hedo-Ryno or Alston-Lee-Hedo-Shard or Nelson-VC-Barnes-Shard.

As sad as it is, this is the best defensive cast Dwight will have ever played with, so I don't think that will be the problem.

Against the Lakers, how do you plan to outrebound or even compete on the glass against Dwight-Pau? Foul-trouble is your only bet.

BKLYNpigeon
08-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Lakers, easily.

SportsAndrew25
08-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Its is down to the Lakers and Thunder....I have to go with the Thunder. Durant, Ibaka, Harden, and Westbrook. Hard to beat that group of young talent players.

Avenged
08-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Folks are having some Kobe fantasy here, the dude is old and is not even top 5 anymore...this is not the Kobe of 5 years ago.

Big deal. He doesn't need to be a top 5 player, we have Dwight for that. You make it seem like Kobe is some scrub now. He's old, and not what he use to be BUT he's still one of the top players in the game.

Mave1002
08-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Key facts: Durant will be the best player in the series, Howard will be the best defender/rebounder but Perkins always give Howard problems. Westbrook always go off on the Lakers but with Howard, he can't do much in the paint. Gasol and Nash are better than last year and also Metta will be motivated. The only key to this series is if Kobe accepts that he is not the best player on the team anymore and defers to Howard.

Your thoughts....

Dude, give up. :rolleyes:

seikou8
08-10-2012, 02:02 AM
wow heat fans are mad now they aren't the only super team anymore they hoping okc beats the lakers

thephoenixson28
08-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Phoenix

Whomewhome
08-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Listen the Thunder proved that they are the team to beat. But the Lakers have the legacy and have rolled the dice twice with two big trades this offseason. I honestly wish the Lakers the best of luck, because I honestly believe they are the only team that can beat the heat.

Lakersfan2483
08-10-2012, 02:12 AM

Your thoughts....

You seem worried about the balance of power shifting now that LA has Nash and Howard.

Saad
08-10-2012, 02:23 AM
I dont even know what to say...

If your only hope is "Foul Trouble" and OKC beating the Lakers then wow...
No bench? We just added Jamison, and Hill, still have our Mid Level and Got Duhon in the trade. I dont understand how a Heat fan can talk about " Bench" when they basically won the whole thing without one...

How about I turn this around on you. How do you guard Dwight Howard? Dino Man? (LOL) Joel Anthony? What happens when your big men foul out trying to guard Dwight/Pau? Who guards Nash? Wade? Then who guards Kobe? At least dont be so obvious when you are trying to troll. I wont count my eggs before they hatch, but to insult the Lakers, and say the Thunder will easily beat them in 5 games is just ridiculous.

basketfan4life
08-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Not only OKC but even the Heat doesn't stand a chance if you ask me.

LakersIn5
08-10-2012, 04:19 AM

I'll still take OKC...

westbrook can go off all he wants doesnt matter. kd and westy can go off the lakers will just outscore them.

fresh prince
08-10-2012, 04:28 AM

AND you didn't even mention the Mamba lets not forget he went out IN THE LAST GAME dropping 42 on OKC

Stuckey#3
08-10-2012, 04:29 AM

Wow. So while making your point you admit that Wade/Brick get bs fouls...

They mad?

Naw... They freaking the **** out.

85BearsDefense
08-10-2012, 04:31 AM

Your thoughts....

So let me see

Lakers lost to the Thunder in 5 last year while losing 2 very close games in which they blew late leads. They go out and add Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and you think they'll lose in 5 again.... That's just stupid.

YoungOne
08-10-2012, 04:43 AM
well mike brown is useless now, they wont listen to him anyway...

85BearsDefense
08-10-2012, 04:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW86Uv7DaSw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Watch this, people seriously underestimate how good Nash is, he makes everyone around him so much better, think of the looks hell give Pau Kobe and Dwight. Then you have Dwight who was always surrounded by garbage getting good teammates the Lakers could win 70 games IMO if they add a couple bench players, you cannot stop this team. So dangerous.

shep33
08-10-2012, 04:45 AM

Enter Phil Jackson

jbeezy
08-10-2012, 04:48 AM
The Magic have split with the Heat 4-4 since the Big 3 got to Miami; Dwight has also won more against Lebron, Bosh and Wade in h2hs prior to their alliance... The Lakers are slow, but Nash-Kobe-MWP-Pau is still much better defensively than Nelson-JRich-Hedo-Ryno or Alston-Lee-Hedo-Shard or Nelson-VC-Barnes-Shard.

As sad as it is, this is the best defensive cast Dwight will have ever played with, so I don't think that will be the problem.

...a

Against the Lakers, how do you plan to outrebound or even compete on the glass against Dwight-Pau? Foul-trouble is your only bet.

Like you said this is the best defensive cast DH has ever played with and Orlando was a top 5 defense in terms of opponents fg% the past two years before last season when he was hurt.

SaimuKala
08-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Lakers will miss the playoffs

Aust
08-10-2012, 04:54 AM
I dont even know what to say...

If your only hope is "Foul Trouble" and OKC beating the Lakers then wow...
No bench? We just added Jamison, and Hill, still have our Mid Level and Got Duhon in the trade. I dont understand how a Heat fan can talk about " Bench" when they basically won the whole thing without one...

How about I turn this around on you. How do you guard Dwight Howard? Dino Man? (LOL) Joel Anthony? What happens when your big men foul out trying to guard Dwight/Pau? Who guards Nash? Wade? Then who guards Kobe? At least dont be so obvious when you are trying to troll. I wont count my eggs before they hatch, but to insult the Lakers, and say the Thunder will easily beat them in 5 games is just ridiculous.

:clap:

hidalgo
08-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Lakers in 5, it's not even fair

asterisk title *

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Lakers in 5, it's not even fair

asterisk title *

You're Welcome.

naps
08-10-2012, 05:09 AM
OKC.

No one on the Lakers would be able to contain the perimeter tandem of Westbrook-Harden-Durant. On the other hand, a Perkins-Ibaka front-court will be able to hold their own against Gasol-Howard. Perkins historically plays good against Howard.

D12 fan
08-10-2012, 06:25 AM

With that said, LA in 6 or 7. Dwight is to good.

Truth my boy.:dance:

BALLER R
08-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I just don't see Mike Brown as their coach though. 3 or 4 game losing streak and he gets fired asap lol

basketfan4life
08-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Miami fans are all over the place. Bashing the Lakers, making comments their sigs which says Lakers are better than the Heat now and everything.

Fear is a super powerful emotion. Love it.

basketfan4life
08-10-2012, 06:52 AM
OKC.

No one on the Lakers would be able to contain the perimeter tandem of Westbrook-Harden-Durant. On the other hand, a Perkins-Ibaka front-court will be able to hold their own against Gasol-Howard. Perkins historically plays good against Howard.

Since you sigged my comment which says Lakers will beat the heat, what about a sig bet, if the heat wins it all again, i'll have a miami heat sig which you choose and if the Lakers wins it all you'll put a lakers sig which i choose? Since you say OKC is going to beat the lakers, it's a no brainer for you?

Are you up for it? or you just split nonsense all over the place ?

SteBO
08-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Lakers. I know they have no one to effectively guard KD, but then again hardly anyone outside of LeBron can, and even he has some trouble with him in spurts. Westbrook would get his, but outside of that the Lakers should have advantages everywhere else. My concern for LAL was when Dwight gets in foul trouble, but since Mitch was able to pull a rabbit out of his *** and keep Pau, that's no longer a big issue.

SaimuKala
08-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Since you sigged my comment which says Lakers will beat the heat, what about a sig bet, if the heat wins it all again, i'll have a miami heat sig which you choose and if the Lakers wins it all you'll put a lakers sig which i choose? Since you say OKC is going to beat the lakers, it's a no brainer for you?

Ignore him. He just wants to piss off people.

Munkeysuit
08-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Lakeshow look unstoppable on paper, but let's be real for a second...Nash ain't won a title, neither has Howard or Jamison. Mike Brown never could quite do it in Cleveland and they are no longer running the triangle. This will be interesting because I still think no one can defend Durant and Westbrook on the Lakers squad, but Ibaka and Perk can do a decent enough job to hold Gasol and Dwight down in the trenches.
Sorry but I will never say having Jamison on the team will give them any sort of advantage off the bench haha, dude is not a winner, he can ball, but he just don't got it.

ArmLaker
08-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Lakers in 5, easily. OKC's only hope is that Durant somehow morphs into Jordan and abuses Artest night in and night out. Westbrook can abuse Nash.....at a 38% field goal rate. Kobe will take a dump on anyone OKC throws at him including that overrated Harden fella. Durant is Durant. As for the OKC front court, do people actually believe Ikaka and Perkins are going to deter Gasol+Howard??????. I think the question should be who wins the title.....Lakers or Heat

kblo247
08-10-2012, 08:13 AM
3 things got LA outright beat.

1 - Bynum wore down with big minutes. Bynum in game 4 only grabbed 2rebs the whole second half and couldn't even get post position versus the front. Dwight can okay 40 plus, he can run the court, up and down, and still fight on the glass. People really ignore that in game 4 Bynum and Gasol combined for only 4 rebounds the whole second half, while Kobe got that in the 4th alone and Ron almost tied it. Dwight has a better motor than Bynum who was gassed trying to cover them in transition and then get in offensive and rebounding position

2 - The lakers struggled I even score 10 off the bench at all efficent or inefficient versus OKC, so they literally played Artest, Kobe, Bynum, and Pau with whatever Blake hit vs the whole OKC team. Jamison will score at least 10 off free throws, layups, and 3s

3 - The lakers got killed and I meaner killed by Sessions. Say what you want about Nash, but he isn't afraid to shoot. Sessions wouldn't take an open 3pt shot or mid range shot, instead he either over dribbled or threw a bad pass. People remember how OKc broke the game open when Kobe sat for the 2mins in game 5, Westbrook and Fisher just pressed him and he gave it up without ever getting the team into any set. Nash can score. Nash can shoot, he can run pick and roll, and he isn't afraid to make a play over hesitating and needing Kobe or Ron to come and rest the O

------

Contrary to popular belief Harden wasn't that good. Kobe held his *** in total check in the low 30s from the field and 3. Then he scored on him with ease to boot and as the series progressed he scored on Thabo better and game 1 brought his shooting down. Artest got lit up, but his O wasn't worse than Hardens to put it in perspective

----

The only person who can outright stop the Lakers is Mike Brown. He can run all 5 starters into the ground. He has to manage those minutes and rotations much better to even give them a chance because guys were flat out tired late in games because of him,a nd the only two to will themselves against fatigue in that b2b were clearly Kobe and Ron

Raph12
08-10-2012, 08:20 AM
People forget Dwight posted 22+ppg on 57+FG% against Perk-Sheed-KG in 2010 and that with all the focus on him and having to create most of his points on his own... Throw in his offensive improvement in the post, Nash for the pnr, Kobe to get the defense out of position and Pau's strong interior passing and Dwight becomes the most unguardable player in the league.

Dwight and Pau protecting the rim will keep guys out of the paint (Magic led the league in paint protection for the last 4 years, doubt it'll be a problem with better defenders) so unless the Thunder run the break all game long, they'll have to execute to death in iso situations taking mid-to-long range jumpers.

I don't agree with naming a team the best before proven, but the Lakers became the favs to beat the Heat/Thunder instantly.

Lik a somboodee
08-10-2012, 02:38 PM
OKC will win the West... OKC will only get better from last season and the Lakers only added Howard and Nash.... Bynum = Howard and obviously Nash is better than Sessions, also the Laker players all will be 1 year older while OKC is young... Howard is the only player on the Lakers that is a good defender.... The Lakers only chance of winning is to out score the Thunder and hope the refs rig it for them

dwadefan45
08-10-2012, 06:14 PM
wow heat fans are mad now they aren't the only super team anymore they hoping okc beats the lakers

The Heat were never the only super team. Celtics formed theirs before we did, and the Knicks made theirs as well. Oh and heat fans don't need to hope OKC wins because they will.

Vinny642
08-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Give me Thunder and if the Lakers dont win it, that is EMBARRASSING to say the least

NBA-GMaster
08-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Hmm.. It looks like Lakers is the current best team but ill pick the Thunder.. with 4 young guys continue to develop.. Durant will be unstoppable..

0nekhmer
08-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Lakers don't have the chemistry to beat the well oiled machine of OKC

lakersiznumber1
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
lol laker haters r funny last season kobe and mwp were the only players who showed up in okc . Now we got alot better by adding howard, nash jamison, meeks yea ok okc goin bet lakers with there thabet signing put your money on it better yet bet your house on it lol:facepalm::crazy::drunk:

Vinny642
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
lol laker haters r funny last season kobe and mwp were the only players who showed up in okc . Now we got alot better by adding howard, nash jamison, meeks yea ok okc goin bet lakers with there thabet signing put your money on it better yet bet your house on it lol:facepalm::crazy::drunk:

Dwight wont get offensive touches... he wont average 20 ppg a game, Nash is still a defensive liability, and wont guard Westbrook, Durant is untouchable, Gasol seems to get baby soft in the playoffs, Artest is the biggest wildcard, im not saying the Lakers are gonna get blown out but its not as big of a difference as you think.... Dwight was always the MAN in Orlando, and even tho Kobe says this is Dwights team, lets be real here, its Kobe...

Cal827
08-10-2012, 09:29 PM

Essentially what the players are going to be around Mike Brown all season:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu017fACAz1qg3a0n.jpg

Gritz
08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
People mad like this was "The Decision" lol

SmartestGuyHere
08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
This series will be similar to the 07-08 Lakers vs Suns. Durant and Westbrook can go off and score 50 however the Lakers will just outscore them. The difference is Nash with Kobe Howard Pau >>> Nash with Amare, Marion.

Vinny642
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
People mad like this was "The Decision" lol

It was worse than the decision, because this has been going on since the end of last season and was just resolved now, and the Magic lost a GM and coach in the process

Lakeshow24KB
08-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Lakers don't have the chemistry to beat the well oiled machine of OKC

How do you know they don't have good chemistry? We haven't even seen them play to judge their chemistry :facepalm:

Vinny642
08-10-2012, 10:15 PM
How do you know they don't have good chemistry? We haven't even seen them play to judge their chemistry :facepalm:

A new PG a new C and a different bench... and a new style offense... thats why

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Even though I don't this will happen, I think Dallas has a better shot this year than last season.

knicksfan42
08-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Dwight wont get offensive touches... he wont average 20 ppg a game, Nash is still a defensive liability, and wont guard Westbrook, Durant is untouchable, Gasol seems to get baby soft in the playoffs, Artest is the biggest wildcard, im not saying the Lakers are gonna get blown out but its not as big of a difference as you think.... Dwight was always the MAN in Orlando, and even tho Kobe says this is Dwights team, lets be real here, its Kobe...

Bigger than the points you brought up is age. Nash is 38 turning 39 midway into the season, Kobe is 34 by the time the season starts, MWP is 33 by the time the season starts, and Gasol is 32. Artest has been bad-horrendous the past 3 seasons. Gasol was pretty bad in the playoffs the past 2 years. Nash is turning 39 this season; now he was great last season, but this could be the season he slips. I know people have been thinking that for years, but at 39 there's a good chance of it happening. Kobe is a year older too, turning 34 before the start of the season. Last season was his worst season since 99-00.

Losoway
08-10-2012, 10:30 PM
okc is still better

lakersiznumber1
08-10-2012, 10:31 PM

dwight wont get touches really? lol with steve nash the most unselfish player in the league running the offense. Last year bynum got the second most touches. Lakers major problem was turn over we fixed that with nash .Bench scoring was another which has improved. 3point shooting which we also improved on with nash jamison jodie meeks kobe and even pau hitting it now okc is in trouble. Harden cant go off on kobe so westbrook and durant cant beat a stack laker team by shooting jump shoots all series.

JordansBulls
08-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Only way for OKC to win is if Gasol doesn't feel part of the offense and Dwight isn't healthy.

basketfan4life
08-11-2012, 08:51 AM

Doen't have the balls Naps? Come on, waiting for your answer kiddo.

torocan
08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Going to be tough to call this one.

Lakers have great talent, OKC is getting better with experience.

Biggest obstacle will be Lakers' chemistry. Takes time for a team to gel. Just ask Miami.

I think OKC has the edge due to chemistry, but it can go either way. And let's not rule out the Spurs... old, yes. But they keep on coming back year after year...

Either way, whoever comes out of the West will be TOUGH. No cake walks to the finals for anyone.

Punk
08-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Dwight is reportedly going to be out until January possibly and that will hurt the Lakers in the standings. I don't see them winning the West this season unless they really go on a tear in the playoffs.

D12 fan
08-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Dwight is reportedly going to be out until January possibly and that will hurt the Lakers in the standings. I don't see them winning the West this season unless they really go on a tear in the playoffs.

Nobody knows when Dwight is coming back he said in the press conference it's up to his doctor to when he returns.He could be ready to start the season for all we know.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2012, 04:54 PM
well, since you didn't include my Wolves in the poll, I guess I will vote for OKC...

Minimal
08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Experience will win and I mean Lakers

NBAFan2012
08-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Someone (OP) is mad

Avenged
08-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Westbrook and Durant will still be very tough to beat. Honestly, I'm not sure. I do know we have a major chance now to get it done. I can see either team taking it in 7. HCA is going to be huge for this series.

WhiteSoxGod
08-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Rockets

CoffeeJanitor
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Thunder are completely screwed now. Their joke frontcourt is going to be exposed.

basketfan4life
08-17-2012, 08:51 AM

Now this is cristal clear that naps doesnt have any balls, he splits nonsense when there is nothing at stake, just trolls with zero knowledge.

basketfan4life
08-17-2012, 09:05 AM

Now this is cristal clear that naps doesnt have any balls, he splits nonsense when there is nothing at stake, just trolls with zero knowledge.