PDA

View Full Version : Sam Amick(si):Magic still perfer Houston's offer

MagicBucsSox
08-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Source: Magic Still Prefer Rockets' Proposal For Howard
Aug 09, 2012 7:27 PM EDT

In addition to their four-team trade talks with the Lakers, Sixers and Nuggets, the Magic remain engaged with the Rockets in trade talks for Dwight Howard.

Houston's most recent proposal would be preferable to Orlando than the four-team*proposal*that would include Pau Gasol, Arron Afflalo and Nikola Vucevic, according to a source.

Alex Martins told Sports Illustrated in an interview on Tuesday that the Magic know the type of return they are seeking for Howard and will remain patient.

"We have very specific goals as to what we would hope to achieve if we were to trade Dwight, OK?" said Martins. "We acknowledge and are realistic about the fact that you're never going to get equal value in return for Dwight Howard. But if we were to trade him, we have three primary goals that we're trying to achieve and in the end, any deal that's proposed to us I think we've been very clear about the fact about the goals of what we're trying to achieve.

"We have never delineated from that. Some may think that we have, but we have not. Clearly, when we find the right combination of pieces that we're looking for in return, that will determine whether we make a deal or not."

Via Sam Amick/Sports Illustrated
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets, Philadelphia Sixers, Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets, NBA, NBA Trade Rumor, NBA Misc Rumor
Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/222911/Source_Magic_Still_Prefer_Rockets_Proposal_For_How ard#ixzz2361GsNno

Hennigan is smarter than given credit. I think this is all just buying time til Jeremy Lamb is clear for trade

waveycrockett
08-09-2012, 07:54 PM
oh god

justinnum1
08-09-2012, 07:59 PM
lmao, **** never ends.

jayjay33
08-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Hennigan is smarter than given credit. I think this is all just buying time til Jeremy Lamb is clear for trade

That doesn't make any sense he's on his own clock, what does he need to buy time for?

MagicBucsSox
08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
That doesn't make any sense he's on his own clock, what does he need to buy time for?

Hasn't been 30days since he signed officially.

jayjay33
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Hasn't been 30days since he signed officially.

No your missing my point. Orlando can just wait, why does he need to buy time? As if someone else is in control.

Raph12
08-09-2012, 08:09 PM
I can't see Houston throwing everything at Orlando or LA for Dwight or Bynum without assurances... Dwight already said no, Bynum said he wants to explore his options in FA (AKA no); I don't believe anything Dwight-related in the media anymore.

C-Style
08-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Im telling u, Magic flip flop more than D12

Raidaz4Life
08-09-2012, 08:16 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Morey would sell the farm for Dwight with no guarantee. The rockets truly are that delusional. That being said, I do hope that they get Dwight just so that the Magic make off with a good package because in all seriousness the Rockets are the only team to have ponied up an even semi-fair offer up to this point, although you can't really blame other teams for not wanting to do the same for a player that has made himself the definition of high risk.

MagicBucsSox
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
No your missing my point. Orlando can just wait, why does he need to buy time? As if someone else is in control.

For publicity. Everyone knows he ain't starting the season in Orlando.

SouthSideRookie
08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Morey would sell the farm for Dwight with no guarantee. The rockets truly are that delusional. That being said, I do hope that they get Dwight just so that the Magic make off with a good package because in all seriousness the Rockets are the only team to have ponied up an even semi-fair offer up to this point, although you can't really blame other teams for not wanting to do the same for a player that has made himself the definition of high risk.

If Morey was offering the farm for Dwight the deal would of happened long ago. You're right about Morey trading for Dwight even without any assurances though.

WhiteSoxGod
08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah Morey knows he doesn't have to make a trade for Bynum or Howard. He knows he can go into the season and potentially have 2 top 5 picks next year along with a cache of young talent and a S*it-Ton of cap space. Morey is good, Orlando will try anything to up the market for the titty baby Dwight Howard.