PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank the 76ers if...

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Where would you rank the 76ers in the Atlantic Division IF this 4 team Dwight Howard trade goes down and they do indeed get Andrew Bynum in exchange for Igoudala? I think its a good trade for them but let's take a look at their roster or what it would be...

PG-Jrue Holliday
SG-Evan Turner
SF-Dorrell Wright
PF-Spencer Hawes
C-Andrew Bynum

Bench- Thadeus Young, Nick Young, Kwame Brown, Moe Harkless, Arnett Moultrie, Lavoy Allen

If I left anybody out feel free to add them. Where would you rank this team amongst the atlantic division? In my honest opinion I would still have them as the 4th best team in the division behind Boston, New York, and Brooklyn...I'm open to dialogue though, any thoughts? Where would you rank this team?

hugepatsfan
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
It's tough to say because that lineup has a lot of young players. Jrue could be a very good PG for another year, or he could become great. We haven't really seen what Evan Turner can do yet, so he's an unknown.

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
i mean for this upcoming season, obviously they have a bright future with a Holliday/Bynum combo

Sixerlover
08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
We'd have the best big man in the east as the 1st option, Jrue + Turner in the backcourt with the green light, and still be a top defensive unit because of Jrue + Turner and the schemes of coach Collins. Also would have space for a max contract next offseason after re-signing Bynum (hypothetical). Dorrell Wright would start at the 3 too not Thad btw.

It would all depend on Jrue / ET. Could they take the leap from nice young players to truly productive NBA guys? Without Iguodala and Brand on the roster anymore the team would be in their hands. I'd love for this to happen, but I still doubt it will.

b@llhog24
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Nick Young should start imo. But 4-5 seed. Should be a playoff team though.

b@llhog24
08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
We'd have the best big man in the east as the 1st option, Jrue + Turner in the backcourt with the green light, and still be a top defensive unit because of Jrue + Turner and the schemes of coach Collins. Also would have space for a max contract next offseason after re-signing Bynum (hypothetical). Dorrell Wright would start at the 3 too not Thad btw.

It would all depend on Jrue / ET. Could they take the leap from nice young players to truly productive NBA guys? Without Iguodala and Brand on the roster anymore the team would be in their hands. I'd love for this to happen, but I still doubt it will.

:facepalm: I forgot the got Wright. Scratch the whole Nick Young starting thing then.

Swashcuff
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Too many factors to take into consideration. The growth of our back court and Andrew Bynum's health would be the start for us but when you consider the Knicks improvement as well as the Celts and Nets you really can't come to a conclusion just quite yet.

If all things go well for us and each player reaches their expectations I'd say 2nd behind the Celts because I believe that even with the loss of Iggy we'd still have the 2nd best defense to the Celts and a pretty decent offense.

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Nick Young should start imo. But 4-5 seed. Should be a playoff team though.

where would you rank them in the division?

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Nice starting five, but their bench looks weak.

Mind you, I dont know much about those players, other than Nick Young and Kwame.

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
The division is going to be tough this year.

Celtics, Knicks and Nets will probably be battling it out for #1, but I wouldnt sleep on the Raptors or Sixers.

b@llhog24
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
where would you rank them in the division?

Voted 2nd. Behind Boston.

Sixerlover
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice starting five, but their bench looks weak.

Mind you, I dont know much about those players, other than Nick Young and Kwame.

Hypothetical bench would be: Thad Young, Nick Young, Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown, Moe Harkless (rook), Arnett Moultrie (rook)

4 legit NBA guys and 2 rooks on the bench is pretty standard. Not weak in my opinion.

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
you can make a case that the atlantic could be the toughest division in the NBA this year...boston, ny, bklyn, philly are all no joke and toronto made vast improvements

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Hypothetical bench would be: Thad Young, Nick Young, Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown, Moe Harkless (rook), Arnett Moultrie (rook)

4 legit NBA guys and 2 rooks on the bench is pretty standard. Not weak in my opinion.

I forgot about Thad. I guess he was including him in the trade, that is why he isnt on there.

Yeah, I take that back then. Bench isnt weak.

EDIT: Never mind, he has him in the starting 5. So if you have Thad coming off the bench, who would start at SF?

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I forgot about Thad. I guess he was including him in the trade, that is why he isnt on there.

i had Thad in the starting 5 but i was told dorrell wright will be starting so ill edit it and add thad on the bench

Sixerlover
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM

EDIT: Never mind, he has him in the starting 5. So if you have Thad coming off the bench, who would start at SF?

Dorell Wright

Losoway
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
thats a terrible starting 5 . the 76ers main issue now is Scoring without bynum . adding bynum (who cant not handle any sort of double team what so ever) doesnt do anything but take away from that

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:28 PM
i had Thad in the starting 5 but i was told dorrell wright will be starting so ill edit it and add thad on the bench

Yeah, its a pretty solid squad. Atlantic is going to be tough this year.

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Dorell Wright

Its a nice team. Losing Iggy and adding Bynum, do you think it makes you better?

sixer04fan
08-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I'd say top 4-5 is a reasonably optimistic expectation. It'd be unfair to go higher than that based on what other teams have done and factoring in that Iggy is our best player as is.

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Its a nice team. Losing Iggy and adding Bynum, do you think it makes you better?

i would say it makes them better because they have evan turner, nick young, and my man moe harkless from st johns...they can replace that wing play, what theyve been missing is the dominant big man

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
i would say it makes them better because they have evan turner, nick young, and my man moe harkless from st johns...they can replace that wing play, what theyve been missing is the dominant big man

True, but losing your best defender to guard LeBron, Wade, Melo, Kobe, etc, sure hurts.

Sixerlover
08-09-2012, 03:36 PM

I think it depends on the growth of Jrue and Turner. If they can become legit enough to hurt teams when they double down on Bynum, we'd definitely be much improved. But if they stall and don't continue to get better, we'd probably maintain that 6th - 8th slot we always seem to be in.

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
you're right that is a tough loss but in return you gain a dominant center to lock down the paint and carry your team

theLgndKllr35
08-09-2012, 03:38 PM
thats a terrible starting 5 . the 76ers main issue now is Scoring without bynum . adding bynum (who cant not handle any sort of double team what so ever) doesnt do anything but take away from that

Well when you can guard players at the 3 point line because there's 0 respect for any post game, it kinda hinders things a tad.

A legitimate post option would open things up for Turner and Holiday so much, the difference would be night and day. Add in the Nick Young signing (stretches the floor from 3) and it's finally a working offense if Allen can overtake Hawes at the 4 and Turner improves his shooting. Those two things would make this team very, very dangerous.

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I think it depends on the growth of Jrue and Turner. If they can become legit enough to hurt teams when they double down on Bynum, we'd definitely be much improved. But if they stall and don't continue to get better, we'd probably maintain that 6th - 8th slot we always seem to be in.

Well in the playoffs, Turner sure looked pretty good. If Iggy is gone, I think he will have his best career yet.

Swashcuff
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Iggy's my favourite player in the league and what he brings to the table goes way beyond the stat sheet but Bynum would in theory make us better. Semi-dominant low post presence on both ends of the floor is something that we lacked majorly last season as well as rebounding and a solid #1 option Andrew Bynum addresses all of those concerns. Our perimeter D would be severely weakened but our interior D would make up for it.

smith&wesson
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM
raptors
celtics
knicks
nets
76ers

=D

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Iggy's my favourite player in the league and what he brings to the table goes way beyond the stat sheet but Bynum would in theory make us better. Semi-dominant low post presence on both ends of the floor is something that we lacked majorly last season as well as rebounding and a solid #1 option Andrew Bynum addresses all of those concerns. Our perimeter D would be severely weakened but our interior D would make up for it.

Good points made. Is Hawes a good defender? Could Thad step up and take Iggy's role as a defender?

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:47 PM
raptors
celtics
knicks
nets
76ers

=D

The Raptors will be better this year than last, but are you being serious?

justinnum1
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
whoops. i thought it meant in the east.

probably 2nd/3rd

i would have

cetltics

then everyone else fighting for 2nd

theLgndKllr35
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Good points made. Is Hawes a good defender? Could Thad step up and take Iggy's role as a defender?

Does Kobe pass?

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Does Kobe pass?

Guess I got my answer. :laugh:

cdnsportsfan
08-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Really hard to say. IF (and that's a big 'if' with Orlando in the mix) this trade actually goes down I'd say it improves the Sixers, but not sure how much. As others have said in this thread young players will really have to step up next season.

Most would say that the Raps would finish in last out of that list of teams but they won't be pushovers either, mainly due to the fact that they're getting players that fit around their defensive philosophy ushered in last season by new head coach Dwayne Casey.

The Knicks could be great, but they could also just as easily run into injury problems at the PG position given the make up of that core.

I really don't know, but should Bynum land in Philly the Atlantic will be a very improved division as a whole come the start of this season. And would make for a hella interesting season!

NYYCowboys
08-09-2012, 04:04 PM
It would be a dog fight between Philly, NY, Boston and Brooklyn for the division crown. But as of now without that trade I would probably say:

1. Boston
2. NY
3. Brooklyn
4. Philly
5. Toronto

With 1-4 all making the playoffs in the east.

Losoway
08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
iggy > bynum

Get mad

broncosfan4eva
08-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you really think that all the 76ers will have to give up to get bynum is Iggy? lmao

Sly Guy
08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
it depends, I admit, I haven't seen a whole lot of sixer ball last year, but my understanding was that they played an uptempo 'generate steals' kind of game, and if that's the case someone like Bynum might slow them down.

Bornknick73
08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I think it shakes out nicely but unless Turner becomes a bonafide scorer I see Bynum getting swarmed in the post.

Just looking at the overall team it screams...not enough scoring. Or to better put it, not enough shooters. Lots of athleticism and defense though. But the loss of Lou Williams hurts the bench scoring bigtime. And attitude wise im not sure Bynum is the guy you want leading a team of youngsters without Iggy and Brand to hold down the locker room.

sixer04fan
08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Is Hawes a good defender? Could Thad step up and take Iggy's role as a defender?

Oh no. God no. WHY WOULD YOU ASK THESE QUESTIONS?

Gagan136
08-09-2012, 06:07 PM
anywhere from 2-4, i have the Celtics as first.

Swashcuff
08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I think it shakes out nicely but unless Turner becomes a bonafide scorer I see Bynum getting swarmed in the post.

Just looking at the overall team it screams...not enough scoring. Or to better put it, not enough shooters. Lots of athleticism and defense though. But the loss of Lou Williams hurts the bench scoring bigtime. And attitude wise im not sure Bynum is the guy you want leading a team of youngsters without Iggy and Brand to hold down the locker room.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

This is one of the major reasons I'm not as enthused as most Philly fans for Bynum. Now don't get me wrong I would LOVE the deal and it's a reasonable gamble to take but Bynum's immaturity should not be overlooked. If he's going to be the man for us he'd need to be the man in every sense of the word.

rickshaw
08-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Can't see hawes staying very long. Lavoy is a cheaper backup and hawes is too slow to play the 4. Though they both resigned this summer so maybe can't be traded until December 15?

KNICKS R BACK
08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Do you really think that all the 76ers will have to give up to get bynum is Iggy? lmao

im going off of the reported trade...thats all they are giving up in the potential trade thats being reported

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
I'd have them 2nd or 3rd. I do think that Turner could be a really good player this season.

UPRock
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Dorrell Wright starting over Young? What the heck is wrong with them.

2-ONE-5
08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
if u think the Sixers are not top 2 in the DIVISION you are crazy and/or a NY homer.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Well when you can guard players at the 3 point line because there's 0 respect for any post game, it kinda hinders things a tad.

A legitimate post option would open things up for Turner and Holiday so much, the difference would be night and day. Add in the Nick Young signing (stretches the floor from 3) and it's finally a working offense if Allen can overtake Hawes at the 4 and Turner improves his shooting. Those two things would make this team very, very dangerous.

how did that really work out for the magic with a low post presence and all 3 pt shooters around them?

if lavoy allen can keep improving i think he'll be the biggest factor

Dorrell Wright starting over Young? What the heck is wrong with them.

i think thats just to stretch the floor more and nick young would have trouble d'ing up 3's like lebron melo pierce ect....

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
IF and thats a huge IF the knicks get their **** together and melo and amare can finally work together they will be the 2nd behind the celtics but if not i see philly taking the 2nd seed bc the nets really are not that good...
then again i dont no why everyone has the celtics as a lock for the #1 seed because doc will rest the older guys before the playoffs and really dont care about seeding or HCA

theLgndKllr35
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
how did that really work out for the magic with a low post presence and all 3 pt shooters around them?

if lavoy allen can keep improving i think he'll be the biggest factor

i think thats just to stretch the floor more and nick young would have trouble d'ing up 3's like lebron melo pierce ect....

No, I was referring to the Sixers offense. The Sixers weren't able to shoot or drive because there was no post threat, therefore opposing defenses could help on the perimeter far more than they would be able to with Bynum.

Now with some shooters (N. Young, Wright), slashers (Turner, Jrue), and a legit post threat in Bynum. The offense should be much more smooth. That and Thaddeus Young and Bynum should compliment each other very well.

Also, Turner would guard the SF, not Nick Young. Young would guard the PG or SG (likely). They're both 6'7" and Turner is the far better defender.

yaswaggin
08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
30 people who voted where knick fans...

popo85
08-09-2012, 11:58 PM
4th/5th seed with Mia, Bos, NY, Brooklyn in conf and 2nd in the division