PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #4 PF In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2012 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings

1) Kevin Love
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) LaMarcus Aldridge
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2011 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amare Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Zach Randolph
5) Chris Bosh
6) LaMarcus Aldridge
7) Kevin Love
8) Blake Griffin
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Josh Smith

2010 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Pau Gasol
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Carlos Boozer
7) Kevin Garnett
8) Josh Smith
9) David Lee
10) Zach Randolph

2009 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Dirk Nowitzki
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Pau Gasol
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Antawn Jamison
9) Rashard Lewis
10) David West

2008 Off-Season PF rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Pau Gasol
9) Antawn Jamison
10) David West

J$mo0th_3o5
08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Bosh. Should of been 3rd IMO

JLynn943
08-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Bosh. Should of been 3rd IMO

I agree, but LMA, Bosh, and Pau are all very close to one another imo

IndyHeatjman
08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
bosh. Should of been 3rd imo

+1

Avenged
08-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Aldridge.. :sigh:

oh well.

Pau or Bosh here.

seikou8
08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
blake wins hate on blake is un-real on this forum

unleashthebeast
08-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Has to be Bosh or Pau.

MiamiBoy77
08-09-2012, 12:25 AM
blake wins hate on blake is un-real on this forum

why? because he is a one-dimensional athlete? Because Bosh and Gasol are both championship winners who are more rounded and have mature games?

Or because Sportcenter loves Blake? Oh yes that cool horn they have for the Blake Griffin alert makes him better.

Blake Griffin needs to develop a consistent midrange game before he can get to Bosh.

Gagan136
08-09-2012, 12:26 AM
The next two are locks for either Pau or Bosh, obviously, im looking forward to 6-10

Clippersfan86
08-09-2012, 12:29 AM
The fact that Blake will be ranked 6th is really good evidence for the sheer volume of denial and ignorance that exists among sports fans.

JasonJohnHorn
08-09-2012, 12:38 AM
I voted for Pau (and where the FAWK is Tim Duncan?), though statistically Griffen was a better player, I just like Pau's all around game and I know that he could be putting up more impressive numbers if he was on a team that called upon him to do so. His interior passing is as good as anybody in the league, he's still a solid rebounder even though he has a rebounding stuf named Bynum playing next to him, and he's such a great shooter. His game is better than Griffen, even if Griffen put up better numbers than Gasol.

Knicks21
08-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Pau then Griffin then Bosh imo.

Chavacano
08-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Pau Gasol i Sez.

black1605
08-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Gasol.

MackSnackWrap
08-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Bosh should have been 3rd but oh well i got Bosh than gasol

SugeKnight
08-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Pau again

IversonIsKrazy
08-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Pau then Bosh.

Chronz
08-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Can you guys explain why you took Pau over Bosh? If all you have to say is the players name then you may as well just cast your vote and move on.

Chronz
08-09-2012, 02:50 AM
The fact that Blake will be ranked 6th is really good evidence for the sheer volume of denial and ignorance that exists among sports fans.

False, its evidence for how deep the position is. He should be ranked 5th

LakersIn5
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
should have been

1 love
2 dirk
3 bosh
4 pau
5 blake
6 lma

so i voted pau cuz he is 4th. lol.

Chronz
08-09-2012, 04:06 AM
should have been

1 love
2 dirk
3 bosh
4 pau
5 blake
6 lma

so i voted pau cuz he is 4th. lol.

DUDE

Can we be bros? Add me as a friend because thats the exact same list I have.

EDIT) NVM, you had Love ahead of Dirk. F OFF scumbag

LakersIn5
08-09-2012, 06:18 AM
DUDE

Can we be bros? Add me as a friend because thats the exact same list I have.

EDIT) NVM, you had Love ahead of Dirk. F OFF scumbag

okay :(

SteBO
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Definitely Bosh or Pau here. Bosh showed how valuable he was to the Heat on both ends of the court. 3rd option or not, he's still a top 5 PF in this league.

koreancabbage
08-09-2012, 09:28 AM

or just homerism by your part.

like we all said combination of experience, leadership, maturity, and skill sets is what we look for b/c the position is so deep. Its hard to distinguish from just pure stats. If you're a center, no question, small forward, no question. but b/c of the quality of the PFs in the league, you gotta go deeper than that.

right now, he only has the majority of the skill sets - give me a mid range game. He attacks the basket without abandon and gets in trouble doing so- which is also his strength.

koetravis
08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Voted for Blake again.

Swashcuff
08-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I got Bosh here. His post post season play (when healthy) and his D trumps that of any of the 3 options here at this position.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2012, 10:38 AM
or just homerism by your part.

like we all said combination of experience, leadership, maturity, and skill sets is what we look for b/c the position is so deep. Its hard to distinguish from just pure stats. If you're a center, no question, small forward, no question. but b/c of the quality of the PFs in the league, you gotta go deeper than that.

right now, he only has the majority of the skill sets - give me a mid range game. He attacks the basket without abandon and gets in trouble doing so- which is also his strength.

He's a better rebounder and passer than Bosh. He's a better scorer and rebounder than Gasol and a comparable passer. The reality here is the defensive edge they have over him is offset by those things because neither are good defenders but rather average. Experience is now a factor when ranking the better player? Doesn't make sense at all.

I've never seen a player start his career at 21.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg and 3.5 apg on great efficiency and rank so low in the eyes of people. It's quite sad honestly but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because when the Clippers are hoisting banners in the next few years it will make it even more sweet to say I told you so.

koreancabbage
08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
He's a better rebounder and passer than Bosh. He's a better scorer and rebounder than Gasol and a comparable passer. The reality here is the defensive edge they have over him is offset by those things because neither are good defenders but rather average. Experience is now a factor when ranking the better player? Doesn't make sense at all.

I've never seen a player start his career at 21.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg and 3.5 apg on great efficiency and rank so low in the eyes of people. It's quite sad honestly but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because when the Clippers are hoisting banners in the next few years it will make it even more sweet to say I told you so.

say what. I said right now. best player. So saying that James was a better player in Cleveland due to his stats or a better player now b/c of his experience? Of course experience matters. its not all about stats. otherwise I wouldn't put Dirk up there or LMA or Bosh or Pau. championship EXPERIENCE matters. Dirk, Bosh, Pau are all champions and played like it in their prime. but sadly only Bosh has the youth to continue in doing so next year going forward.

and like you said, in a few years, when I have no doubt Blake will be the best PF in the league. You're not telling me or anyone else something we didn't already know. Blake Griffin will be the best PF in a few years- barring injuries. You're the one who's jumping the gun and making yourself look like an idiot in the process.

and you don't have to say "I told you so" by what I just said above. you're just a homer.

Chacarron
08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Pau here because I don't care what Chronz says.

ChiSox219
08-09-2012, 11:40 AM
False, its evidence for how deep the position is. He should be ranked 5th

No lower than 4th, should be solidified at #1 by next year but fans will still hate cuz he jumped over a car, flops, makes faces, and only shoots 34% on midrange jumpers...

Chronz
08-09-2012, 12:18 PM
No lower than 4th, should be solidified at #1 by next year but fans will still hate cuz he jumped over a car, flops, makes faces, and only shoots 34% on midrange jumpers...

Whats the argument for Pau above Bosh when both are being underutilized but Bosh has the edge defensively and in the post season.

And yes he better be #1 next year.

Chronz
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
He's a better rebounder and passer than Bosh.
Bosh is a WAY better defender and has tempered his stats for the sake of winning a chip and opening up the floor for his teammates. We both know that when he was the first option offensively, he put up far superior numbers to Blake.

He's a better scorer and rebounder than Gasol and a comparable passer.
I can see this one, but Pau is still the better passer. Blake is the better playmaker, probably, but Pau is possibly the best passing big in the game.

The reality here is the defensive edge they have over him is offset by those things because neither are good defenders but rather average.
This is utterly false, at least in the case of Bosh. Pau has declined on that end so I wont argue for him anymore, he and Blake have great arguments.

Blake dont have to win a title to be the best, all he needs to do is not be such a **** defender, sustain his efficiency in the playoffs and not shrink on the boards. Some semblance of an outlet jumper would do wonders for his intangible worth, by that point we are talking about historically great. So making progress in any of those areas would go a long way in besting guys who have proven themselves to be winners, defenders, versatile and when made the primary option more productive overall.

NBA-GMaster
08-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Its obvious that No. 4&5 would be Bosh and Gasol.. Skip no. 5 voting, ill vote for Poster Kid for no. 6..

alexander_37
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Bosh then Pau then trash.

Swashcuff
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Bosh then Pau then trash.

Who is trash?

Bruno
08-09-2012, 02:55 PM
how are the Pau votes justifying back-to-back post-season PERs of 17? back-to-back post-season true shooting percentages under .500? Because nearly every PF on this list SUCKED in the playoffs? fair enough, but that doesn't apply to Bosh or Griffin.

one's highly evolved skill set doesn't really matter if it can no longer be applied efficiently, at will during the most important time of the season (imo). last post-season he got burned by Carl Landry, and this post-season he got burned by Kenneth Faried. just sayin- i have Gasol 6th after Bosh and Griffin.

Dade County
08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Bosh...

damn laker fans with the votes

justinnum1
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Bosh

DR_1
08-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Pau is so overrated now, Bosh is clearly better IMO. This coming from a Bulls fan who has always liked Pau

Gibby23
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Can you please add Al Harrington. i would like to vote for him.

hail2skins4life
08-09-2012, 04:20 PM
imma say chris bosh.

1) Dirk
2) Kevin Love
3) KG
4) Chris Bosh
5) Gasol
6) Amare
7) Timmy
8) Griffin
9) Josh Smith
10) Ibaka

valade16
08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
imma say chris bosh.

1) Dirk
2) Kevin Love
3) KG
4) Chris Bosh
5) Gasol
6) Amare
7) Timmy
8) Griffin
9) Josh Smith
10) Ibaka

Please tell me you forgot LaMarcus Aldridge rather than omitted him...

Sportfan
08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
how is KG Not here?

b@llhog24
08-09-2012, 05:21 PM
how is KG Not here?

Cause he's a center.

Wildcat Swag
08-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I think Bosh should've been #3. Well he has to be #4 then, if not him then it's Pau Gasol. Josh Smith is another good PF, I don't think he gets enough credit. This is my top 10 for PFs

1.Dirk 2.Kevin Love 3.Chris Bosh 4.Pau Gasol 5.Josh Smith 6.Lamarcus Aldridge 7.Luis Scola 8.Serge Ibaka 9.Blake Griffin 10.David Lee

(I didn't include KG and Tim Duncan b/c they're playing Center at this point in their career)

Cal827
08-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Dirk is Lucky not to fall farther.. I had Love, LA, Bosh, Dirk, Pau... in that order.

Oh well

Bosh than Pau for me.

I think the Mods should just pencil in 4 and 5 right after this one... cause whoever loses now, will definitely be number 5. It would save this poll time.

justinnum1
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
damn its close lol

Mr. Baller
08-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Bosh finna pull through :nod:

unleashthebeast
08-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Yay Bosh! Should have been 3rd and Pau 4th, but oh well. LMA-Pau-Bosh are all very close.