PDA

View Full Version : "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop"

Mave1002
08-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Blazers' Nicolas Batum punches Juan Carlos Navarro in groin in France's loss to Spain

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--blazers--nic-batum-punches-juan-carlos-navarro-in-groin-in-france-s-loss-to-spain.html

LONDON – After France's Nicolas Batum delivered a vicious punch to the groin of Spain guard Juan Carlos Navarro, Batum left no confusion over his intentions.

"I wanted to give him a good reason to flop," Batum said.

Batum was angry with the Spanish guards for falling to the floor for what he believed was incidental contact throughout Spain's 66-59 quarterfinal victory over France at North Greenwich Arena.

Asked by Yahoo! Sports if he believed his punch to the groin had given Navarro "good reason," Batum smiled and said, "I hope so."

France's coaches and several players believed Spain intentionally lost a final preliminary round game Monday in which Spain blew a 12-point fourth quarter lead to Brazil. The loss allowed Spain to face France in the quarterfinals, and would potentially keep it away from the powerful United States until the gold-medal game.

Asked if he was convinced that Spain had taken a dive in the fourth quarter of the game with Brazil, Batum told Yahoo! Sports, "They did what they had to do."

When told that some won't think that a deliberate punch to the groin is in the Olympic spirit, Batum said, "Do you think if you lost a game on purpose, that's the Olympic spirit?"

Batum later posted an apology on his Twitter account for his actions.

"I want to apologize for my stupid act at the end," Batum tweeted. "I showed a bad image of France and myself. Congrats to team Spain."

Batum signed a four-year, $45 million contract extension with the Portland Trail Blazers this summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just disappointing.

A good reason to flop, yeah. At the expense of the kids and teens watching at home.

It's the Olympic games, and youre supposed to serve as a role model.

The whole world is watching! :facepalm:

No thanks to the officials too. It shouldve been an automatic ejection. It was a closed fist for Gods' sake!!!

I hope this wont happen again in the future, flop or not, it doesnt give anyone a reason to 'intentionally' hurt another player in the opposing team.

Nic Batum, you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to the MAJORITY of the basketball fans planet wide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVPdQCFCsFE

Sly Guy
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
love it.

LakersIn5
08-08-2012, 11:26 PM
batum should have done this behind the cameras not during gametime. thats what you get for flopping.

Section#80
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVQZPzUHMOU

Double Standard.

Avenged
08-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Funny how he hasn't done this in the NBA to our players when they flop all the time..

I guess they have a good reason to flop? ***** move.

Sadds The Gr8
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM
he's the man

spreadeagle
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM
LOL the slow mo replay really gives ya a feel for it...he really wound up ouch!

Video http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2012/08/nicolas-batum-punches-juan-carlos-navarro-video/

The French guard decided he was tired of Spain’s flopping.

Nicolas Batum believed Spain was flopping all game, so he decided to punch Juan Carlos Navarro in the groin to “give him a good reason to flop.” Uh, sure. Reasonable enough. Watch the French guard bring the pain in the video above.

*Silver&Black*
08-08-2012, 11:30 PM
If this happened in the NBA, mostly entertainment purposes anyways, I would say I love this WWE stuff. It's fun.

Mave1002
08-08-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVQZPzUHMOU

Double Standard.

Shove: to push or put in a rough.

Punch: Strike with the fist.

Oh, you get it now? GOOD.

LakersIn5
08-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Funny how he hasn't done this in the NBA to our players when they flop all the time..

I guess they have a good reason to flop? ***** move.

batum was also angry that spain lost on purpose not just by the flopping.

Losoway
08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
batum isnt the man for hitting someone in the nuts. thats some bittch ****

Section#80
08-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Shove: to push or put in a rough.

Punch: Strike with the fist.

Oh, you get it now? GOOD.

Batum: Punch man in groin, DISGRACE TO THE WORLD AND ALL HIS ANCESTORS

Bryant: Punch man in groin, NATIONAL ICON AND BASKETBALL HERO - KOBE BRYANT PLEASE IMPREGNATE MY WIFE.

oh, you get it now? GOOD!

Blitzbolt
08-08-2012, 11:36 PM
ZBO punch Griffin in the face last year and Said the same thing Floppers deserve to get punch because they are all Pu$$$7s.

CP3 is next rondo should beat that lil snicht up if he flops.

b@llhog24
08-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Amnesty batum!

Mave1002
If this happened in the NBA, mostly entertainment purposes anyways, I would say I love this WWE stuff. It's fun.

Youre saying you can stomach watching 14 year olds in the parks, getting into brawls. Only ends up getting shot point blank?

End result: Death in the family.

Shooting suspect tells the arresting officer: "i thought id do it, solely to entertain my friends anyways."

Dont forget, Media, sports and entertainment can be the biggest influence to teenagers.

Gagan136
Class act

Hawkeye15
08-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Batum also mentioned being annoyed that Spain lost on purpose to get this draw, and was sickened by the Fernandez flop just a short time earlier where he looked like a sniper hit him after the Turiaf foul. Batum waaay overreacted, you don't need a nut shot, but you could body check him hard if you are just trying to send a message.

Avenged
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM

Bryant: Punch man in groin, NATIONAL ICON AND BASKETBALL HERO - KOBE BRYANT PLEASE IMPREGNATE MY WIFE.

LOL. So from that video you posted, and what Batum did.. you really find it comparable? :confused:

Sure what Kobe did wasn't right either, but Batum had malicious intent. He chased him down the court just to hit him in the nuts with force. :eyebrow:

Mave1002

Who's defending Kobe anyway?

Cant shoot the messenger.

Avenged
Batum also mentioned being annoyed that Spain lost on purpose to get this draw, and was sickened by the Fernandez flop just a short time earlier where he looked like a sniper hit him after the Turiaf foul. Batum waaay overreacted, you don't need a nut shot, but you could body check him hard if you are just trying to send a message.

Spain preferred to play France, and Batum proved exactly why.

Mave1002
08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
LOL. So from that video you posted, and what Batum did.. you really find it comparable? :confused:

Sure what Kobe did wasn't right either, but Batum had malicious intent. He chased him down the court just to hit him in the nuts. :eyebrow:

Haters hate for the sake of hating. It's pretty evident.

Seriously, What has this world come to.

b@llhog24
08-08-2012, 11:42 PM

:laugh:

97NYer
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
that wasn't really a nut shot if you ask me

Mave1002
08-08-2012, 11:49 PM
that wasn't really a nut shot if you ask me

Well okay, assuming that youre right. Are you saying that a 'regular' foul shouldve been called instead?

I mean, the point here is KIDS and TEENS are watching. And not alot of them are nut experts.

NYtilIdie
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
If they wanna act give them a reason to act. I applaud Batum for this, I can't stand that s**t. Especially Fernandez, on a soft intentional foul he throws his feet out from under him like he got low-balled, take that s**t somewhere else.

mdm692
08-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Blazers' Nicolas Batum punches Juan Carlos Navarro in groin in France's loss to Spain

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--blazers--nic-batum-punches-juan-carlos-navarro-in-groin-in-france-s-loss-to-spain.html

LONDON – After France's Nicolas Batum delivered a vicious punch to the groin of Spain guard Juan Carlos Navarro, Batum left no confusion over his intentions.

Batum was angry with the Spanish guards for falling to the floor for what he believed was incidental contact throughout Spain's 66-59 quarterfinal victory over France at North Greenwich Arena.

Asked by Yahoo! Sports if he believed his punch to the groin had given Navarro "good reason," Batum smiled and said, "I hope so."

France's coaches and several players believed Spain intentionally lost a final preliminary round game Monday in which Spain blew a 12-point fourth quarter lead to Brazil. The loss allowed Spain to face France in the quarterfinals, and would potentially keep it away from the powerful United States until the gold-medal game.

Asked if he was convinced that Spain had taken a dive in the fourth quarter of the game with Brazil, Batum told Yahoo! Sports, "They did what they had to do."

When told that some won't think that a deliberate punch to the groin is in the Olympic spirit, Batum said, "Do you think if you lost a game on purpose, that's the Olympic spirit?"

"I want to apologize for my stupid act at the end," Batum tweeted. "I showed a bad image of France and myself. Congrats to team Spain."

Batum signed a four-year, $45 million contract extension with the Portland Trail Blazers this summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just disappointing.

A good reason to flop, yeah. At the expense of the kids and teens watching at home.

No thanks to the officials too. It shouldve been an automatic ejection. It was a close fist for Gods' sake!!!

I hope this wont happen again in the future, flop or not, it doesnt give anyone a reason to 'intentionally' hurt another player in the opposing team.

Nic Batum, you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to all the basketball fans planet wide.

Don't be a ****ing hypocrite you have Kobe, Artest and Bynum in your roster yet you praise every single move they make.

Kobe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZ0B854hrE

Artest(@ 0:59)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clQJExTGJus

Bynum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQO-0pfo2IY

Nobody is perfect and everybody has got their flaws but don't come in here trying to preach to us about how much a disgrace Batum is when Bynum actually has highlights of ALL his cheap shots not just one.

Edit: At least Batum can admit "yeah I did it" as opposed to Bynum, Artest and Kobe trying to make excuses and how they didn't mean it blah blah blah.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Don't be a ****ing hypocrite you have Kobe, Artest and Bynum in your roster yet you praise every single move they make.

Kobe

Bynum

Nobody is perfect and everybody has got their flaws but don't come in here trying to preach to us about how much a disgrace Batum is when Bynum actually has highlights of ALL his cheap shots not just one.

Edit: At least Batum can admit "yeah I did it" as opposed to Bynum, Artest and Kobe trying to make excuses and how they didn't mean it blah blah blah.

And dont come in here, making false accusations.

It makes you look like an uneducated imbecile.

Even making time and effort to post videos showing how 'mean' the lakers can get. Just because this thread was started by a Lakers fan. :facepalm:

Where does it actually say that I PRAISED every move they make? Theyre on my team. My city. Of course id root for them. But never have I defend them for their disgraceful acts.

Think, before you post.

mdm692
08-09-2012, 12:05 AM

It makes you look like an idiot.

Even making time and effort to post videos that showing how 'mean' the lakers can get. Just because this thread was started by a Lakers fan. :facepalm:

Where does it actually say that I PRAISED every move they make? Theyre on my team. My city. Of course id root for them. But never have I defend them for their disgraceful acts.

Think, before you post.

The only idiot here it's you and that is unanimous :facepalm:.

BTW I'm not the first one calling you out on being a hypocrite apparently.

IgglesFanInCO
08-09-2012, 12:06 AM
That Kobe video isn't in any way comparable

Kobe didnt punch Iguodala, he just gave Iggy's manhood a little feel, AND AIN'T THAT WHAT ORGANIZED SPORTS IS ALL ABOUT?

Batum straight punched the dude though, wow, he has some justification but do that away from the cameras man, don't want that happenin in elementary school gyms across the world when a kid gets upset about the other team getting foul calls

Lakeshow24KB
08-09-2012, 12:06 AM
@MDM692
Why the **** are you coming in here barging in on people that is totally un-related to this thread? You think that Drew Kobe and Metta didn't get hate threads? You think that other fans of different teams didn't think they were a disgrace? People do stupid **** and Batum messed up. Nuff said. That has nothing to do with the Lakers' mistakes because they had their bad times that dragged on as well. And btw this is representing France, let alone the olympics and he was still mad about it after the game.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Youre saying you can stomach watching 14 year olds in the parks, getting into brawls. Only ends up getting shot point blank.

Shooting suspect tells the arresting officer: "i thought id do it, solely for entertain my friends anyways."

Dont forget, Media, sports and entertainment can be the biggest influence to teenagers.

Where did I say any of that? Is WWE not entertainment? It's based on violence and it's PG. Overreacting to what I said.

LakersIn5
08-09-2012, 12:09 AM

nice comeback. lol.

Jint.
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
dirtbag move

Vinny642
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
that is a shame, a bad time to use it

mdm692
08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
@MDM692
Why the **** are you coming in here barging in on people that is totally un-related to this thread? You think that Drew Kobe and Metta didn't get hate threads? You think that other fans of different teams didn't think they were a disgrace? People do stupid **** and Batum messed up. Nuff said. That has nothing to do with the Lakers' mistakes because they had their bad times that dragged on as well. And btw this is representing France, let alone the olympics and he was still mad about it after the game.

You just proved my point. All these other players have done similar if not worse(Bynum) yet all of a sudden we need to crucify Batum. This is just straight overreacting and I'm not using it to bash the Lakers in no way did I disrespect the franchise of the fan base it's just like "seriously dude? Artest on Harden last year(even though Harden was looking for contact) and Bynum 2 years ago).

mdm692
08-09-2012, 12:14 AM
nice comeback. lol.

It wasn't a comeback for anything. There was no need to he just provided opinion. I understand you feel the need to defend your fan base and franchise but like I mentioned this isn't targeted at the Lakers.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:15 AM

Eluding away from the topic now with a facepalm eh?

Says alot about you and how ignorant your previous post was.

Let me remind you that i asked:

Your response: THIS POST.

But yeah, its understandable. Like what you said, "Nobody is perfect and everybody has got their flaws."

Just so you know, this is called quoting someone on what they said, based on actual facts.

Try to get this through your thick skull. I understand that youre also stating what you 'think' is right, but Quit baiting and stick to the topic. You dont like the post, GTFO.

Lakeshow24KB
08-09-2012, 12:18 AM
You just proved my point. All these other players have done similar if not worse(Bynum) yet all of a sudden we need to crucify Batum. This is just straight overreacting and I'm not using it to bash the Lakers in no way did I disrespect the franchise of the fan base it's just like "seriously dude? Artest on Harden last year(even though Harden was looking for contact) and Bynum 2 years ago).

Can I ask you what Metta World Peace's* hit on harden has to do with Batum's decision of hitting Fernandez. I hate flopping but he just let down his team and his country. And once again, you keep acting as if Metta's hit didn't impact this site with a whole bunch of threads. They were called out for it too and every other team in the NBA hated his guts and he deserved it. Now Batum deserves this for what he did.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:19 AM
@MDM692

Coz Haters ****ing hate. Like what i said, he's mad just because a Lakers fan started the thread.

mdm692
08-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Eluding away from the topic now with a facepalm eh?

Says alot about you and how ignorant your previous post was.

Your response: THIS POST.

But yeah, its understandable. Like what you said, "Nobody is perfect and everybody has got their flaws."

Just so you know, this is called quoting someone on what they said, based on actual facts.

Try to get this through your thick skull. Stick to the topic.

I'm pretty sure you used the first face palm but if I use it it eludes the topic right? Oooooh is that double standard again I get it. Gotcha.

Jint.
08-09-2012, 12:22 AM
turrible

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:24 AM

Sure. Youre just showing everyone in here how much of a douche you are, hating on the Lakers. Sure they did wrong things, but have you ever seen me post anything in here saying that I WAS ACTUALLY DEFENDING THEM?

Just stop! You are embarassing yourself.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm pretty sure you used the first face palm but if I use it it eludes the topic right? Oooooh is that double standard again I get it. Gotcha.

See how ignorant you are?

Focusing solely on the face palm comment, instead of seeing your 'eluding' mistake when you posted this after i asked you something you couldnt even answer:

"The only idiot here it's you and that is unanimous."

Lakeshow24KB
08-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Coz Haters ****ing hate. Like what i said, he's mad just because a Lakers fan started the thread.

Lol I know bro it is what is though. Like you said haters gon hate.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:33 AM

Kobe

Bynum

Last chance player. Redeem yourself.

For the nth time:

"Where does it actually say that I PRAISED every move they made? Theyre on my team. My city. Of course id root for them. But never have I defended them for their disgraceful acts."

It's not too late to admit your mistake and apologize, like what Nic Batum did.

bucketss
08-09-2012, 12:37 AM

Just disappointing.

No thanks to the officials too. It shouldve been an automatic ejection. It was a closed fist for Gods' sake!!!

Nic Batum, you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to all the basketball fans planet wide.

speak for yourself, personally i just gained a ton more of respect for Batum.

Lakeshow24KB
08-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Last chance player. Redeem yourself.

For the nth time:

"Where does it actually say that I PRAISED every move they made? Theyre on my team. My city. Of course id root for them. But never have I defended them for their disgraceful acts."

It's not too late to admit your mistake and apologize, like what Nic Batum did.

Haha you already got him I think it's time to put it to rest. You got the victory though lol

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Haha you already got him I think it's time to put it to rest. You got the victory though lol

Sorry man. I almost got carried away.

I loathe laker haters and unreasonable individuals, generally speaking.

But yeah, Bring it on.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:47 AM
speak for yourself, personally i just gained a ton more of respect for Batum.

Apologies. let me change 'all' to 'majority'.:rolleyes:

JasonJohnHorn
08-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Firstly, let's be honest. Spain lost on purpose. The batmonton players did that earlier and were eliminated from Olympic competition.

And the flopping is out of hand.

I do not condone what Batum did, but I understand it.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:53 AM
That Kobe video isn't in any way comparable

Kobe didnt punch Iguodala, he just gave Iggy's manhood a little feel, AND AIN'T THAT WHAT ORGANIZED SPORTS IS ALL ABOUT?

Batum straight punched the dude though, wow, he has some justification but do that away from the cameras man, don't want that happenin in elementary school gyms across the world when a kid gets upset about the other team getting foul calls

Exactly.my.point. TYVM.

Lakeshow24KB
08-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Sorry man. I almost got carried away.

I loathe laker haters and unreasonable individuals, generally speaking.

But yeah, Bring it on.

Haha don't be sorry I highly respect what you did. Props.

Tmath
08-09-2012, 12:55 AM
http://i.minus.com/iBeyv57SlBtcY.gif

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Firstly, let's be honest. Spain lost on purpose. The batmonton players did that earlier and were eliminated from Olympic competition.

And the flopping is out of hand.

I do not condone what Batum did, but I understand it.

Flopping is part of the game. It's for the referees to decide on whether to make the call or not. Alot of players get away it with and a few gets penalized. This is a fact and we cant really do much about it.

But can we actually agree on one thing?

Like what Avenged24 said, chasing someone down the court and throwing a closed fist towards the opposing player, with MALICIOUS INTENT, ISNT.

This, we can do something about:

Penalize and Discipline.

bucketss
08-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Apologies. let me change 'all' to 'majority'.:rolleyes:

Actually Changing "All" To Majority Wouldn't Make Sense, See Here:

""you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to Majority the basketball fans planet wide.""

Anyways I Think The Word You're Looking For is "Some", He Is A Disgrace To "Some" Basketball Fans Around The World.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 01:02 AM

See what Im saying now? Its just been less than 24 hours, and people can actually make something like this already.

Teens and kids. They will be showing this on tv over and over and over again.

Think about the END-result.

I know that it's far-fetched but how could we forget what took place in Aurora just recently. Inspired by a ****ing comic book character.

A ****ing comic book character.

Open your eyes naysayers.

Tmath
08-09-2012, 01:06 AM
See what Im saying now? Its just been less than 24 hours, and people can actually make something like this already.

I know that it's far-fetched but how could we forget what took place just in Aurora just recently. Inspired by a ****ing comic cook character.

Open your eyes naysayers.

:crazy:

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Actually Changing "All" To Majority Wouldn't Make Sense, See Here:

""you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to Majority the basketball fans planet wide.""

Anyways I Think The Word You're Looking For is "Some", He Is A Disgrace To "Some" Basketball Fans Around The World.

Youll never know till you do. I may be wrong, i maybe right..

But for someone to actually say that "i just gained a ton more of respect for Batum."

For doing something like that? REALLY?

WOW. Youve got major issues man. It's sad, but its the ugly truth.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 01:09 AM
:crazy:

NO wonder. Another 'icon' evader. Like what ive said, Bring it on. But at least have decency to stick to the topic.

I could be crazy, but yeah. Takes one to know one, so to speak.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 01:11 AM

WHoops, sorry. I thought you were the other guy. Im not bashing you for posting that gif.

Im even thankful that you are actually showing this.

lakers4sho
08-09-2012, 01:16 AM
to those accusing spain "lost on purpose"

both brazil and spain did. if you watched the game it would have been clearly obvious. heck at least spain had the decency to play all their guys and not sit out a key player.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2012, 01:20 AM
1 France lost on purpose last year on the euro championship to avoid playing spain in the semis and thus getting silver

SHUT UP BATUM!

2 France was flopping all around the game this evening

SHUT UP BATUM

3 Navarro, curiously had not flopped in teh whole game.

SHUT UP BATUM

4 Batums tweet a month ago, spain vs portugal in the soccer euros " please protugal, win , please , please".

SHUT UP BATUM

last but not least, Enjoy your olympic diploma you stupid sore loser , you clearly hate spain? well thats your problem you are still a scumbag have no class and we are not disapearing anywhere soon, so you will still have to bit the dust a couple more times, get used to it instead of acting like a ****** and then tryng to attract BRAINLESS CLASSLES BLOOD THIRSTY Scum bags like you to your side with the "Floppers" EXCUSE.

Floppers needs to be FINED.

Violent scumbags needs to be FINEd AND SUSPENDED.

Thats how it is.

bucketss
08-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Youll never know till you do. I may be wrong, i maybe right..

But for someone to actually say that "i just gained a ton more of respect for Batum."

For doing something like that? REALLY?

WOW. Youve got major issues man. It's sad, but its the ugly truth.

Stop Acting Like He Committed Murder, The Spain Team Purposefully Dropped A Game to Avoid Team USA Than Started Flopping Everywhere. I'm Glad Batum Showed Them Something To Flop About.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Seriously you people are making me sick.

Im a LAKER fan and i have wanted Both Bynums and Artests suspensions to last for MORE games because i found what they did absolutely unforgibable.

Violence is NOT what sports is about, not even in boxing.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Stop Acting Like He Committed Murder, The Spain Team Purposefully Dropped A Game to Avoid Team USA Than Started Flopping Everywhere. I'm Glad Batum Showed Them Something To Flop About.

Assumptions are highly irrelevant and your comprehension is getting a bit suspect.

Please post something and back it up with actual facts, and solid proof.

Is that very difficult to understand???

Another ignorant person applauding someone for again, INTENTIONALLY HURTING another individual.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Seriously you people are making me sick.

Im a LAKER fan and i have wanted Both Bynums and Artests suspensions to last for MORE games because i found what they did absolutely unforgibable.

Violence is NOT what sports is about, not even in boxing.

Ill say it again, what has this world come to... :(

Shows the ugly and sad truth about our society.

dee279
08-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Lol i just like what Batum said to the media. He keep it 100^

Iron24th
08-09-2012, 01:51 AM
1 France lost on purpose last year on the euro championship to avoid playing spain in the semis and thus getting silver

SHUT UP BATUM!

SHUT UP BATUM

SHUT UP BATUM

4 Batums tweet a month ago, spain vs portugal in the soccer euros " please protugal, win , please , please".

SHUT UP BATUM

last but not least, Enjoy your olympic diploma you stupid sore loser , you clearly hate spain? well thats your problem you are still a scumbag have no class and we are not disapearing anywhere soon, so you will still have to bit the dust a couple more times, get used to it instead of acting like a ****** and then tryng to attract BRAINLESS CLASSLES BLOOD THIRSTY Scum bags like you to your side with the "Floppers" EXCUSE.

Thats how it is.

Once again you can't fight your biased opinion when it comes to SPAIN.

Spain was the better team, no question about that, but how can you deny that navarro, fernandez and even marc gasol were flopping hard???!!!!

Everybody saw it, and it was annoying for true basketball fans.

Losoway
08-09-2012, 01:52 AM
i dont applaud a man for punching another man in the nuts

be a man and hit him the face . i cant believe you guys think that is cool

Losoway
08-09-2012, 01:52 AM
at least punch him in the nuts and win the game

BHF
08-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Spanish players are known for flopping and its not just in basketball

beasted86
08-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Youre saying you can stomach watching 14 year olds in the parks, getting into brawls. Only ends up getting shot point blank?

Shooting suspect tells the arresting officer: "i thought id do it, solely to entertain my friends anyways."

Your posts throughout this thread are far more disturbing than any real threat to the youth that might exist. The fact that there are grown adults with voting power out there who think like this actually sickens me and makes me feel threatened for the future of this country.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Your posts throughout this thread are far more disturbing than any real threat to the youth that might exist. The fact that there are grown adults with voting power out there who think like this actually sickens me and makes me feel threatened for the future of this country.

Sorry, what?

To actually point out, the possible 'reasons behind the reasons' that could lead to random criminal acts that is happening out there right now is considered, disturbing?

Should the kids and teenagers see this on tv and on the internet, one thing leads to another, what else could possibly happen?

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say. Or maybe you had a diffrerent interpretation to it, I dont know. It doesnt matter to me. I suggest that you do some back-reading.

I respect your opinion, But ill stick to what i would always say:

Things like these can be considered as one of the roots of the problems that are facing today's society because the youth are paying close attention to whatever the media is showing. And I bet that they will keep showing this over and over, for 'broadcasting' purposes.

Their post-reaction? Nobody knows. Maybe you do.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Once again you can't fight your biased opinion when it comes to SPAIN.

Spain was the better team, no question about that, but how can you deny that navarro, fernandez and even marc gasol were flopping hard???!!!!

Everybody saw it, and it was annoying for true basketball fans.

yeah, like french didnt flop.:rolleyes:

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 02:47 AM
"@ the expense of the kids watchin @ home. Ur supposed 2 be a role model" hahaha ni***
Shut up gtfoh with that bs lol

Isnt that a fact?

Well, let's see. It depends on what your definition of a role model is.

If its someone who is rather educated, someone who uses appropriate reasoning and someone who could say other things better than:

"ni*** shut up gtfoh with that bs lol"

Then yes, I am a role model. :smoking:

topdog
08-09-2012, 02:59 AM
"@ the expense of the kids watchin @ home. Ur supposed 2 be a role model" hahaha ni***
Shut up gtfoh with that bs lol

You post like a 13 year old girl. Or, should I say:

"U po' lik a 13yo girl"

Grow up and bother to put some time and thought into things. Whether NBA players and other famous people like it or not, they are role models and they need to do a better job in general.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 03:04 AM
You post like a 13 year old girl. Or, should I say:

"U po' lik a 13yo girl"

Grow up and bother to put some time and thought into things. Whether NBA players and other famous people like it or not, they are role models and they need to do a better job in general.

You didnt have to rub it in. I meant no offense. :D

John Walls Era
08-09-2012, 03:14 AM

SHUT UP BATUM!

SHUT UP BATUM

SHUT UP BATUM

SHUT UP BATUM

Thats how it is.

crooner4life

well the games are over for France so its not like suspensions will do anything (2014 Fiba, but they won't suspend him).

Sssmush
08-09-2012, 03:38 AM
what is with the groin punches. That Argentinian dude did it to Carmelo, after another one tried to do the same thing to Harden, I think it was.

wtf. Is this the euro thing, they ball slap each other over there ?

ACanadian
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
***** move

Iron24th
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
yeah, like french didnt flop.:rolleyes:

They did but way less than spain, everyone will tell you.

Davidgta1
08-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Batum is a *****.

ThunderousDemon
08-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Not cool dude, not cool at all. :pity:

MR.TRIPDUB
08-09-2012, 07:10 AM

It makes you look like an uneducated imbecile.

Even making time and effort to post videos showing how 'mean' the lakers can get. Just because this thread was started by a Lakers fan. :facepalm:

Think, before you post.
first of all i dont condone what batum did.
but if you consider him a disgrace then mwp and bynum should be too. and yet you celebrate them on your sig. you also mentioned that you dont defemd their acts but root for them as players on your team. but in your op you seem angered by batum the player as much as his act.
i would have just letit go if it wasntfor your sig because when you think about cheap shots recently they would come up instantly.
it is a little hypocritical.

NYY 26 to 7
08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I would be ok with this if he hit him anywhere else. What's with all the dick punching going on in the Olympics when did that become the thing to do?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Remember when Chris Paul punched that guy in the dick when he was at Wake Forest

StinkEye
08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Batum punched OP in the nuts.

Mave1002
08-09-2012, 08:54 AM
first of all i dont condone what batum did.
but if you consider him a disgrace then mwp and bynum should be too. and yet you celebrate them on your sig. you also mentioned that you dont defemd their acts but root for them as players on your team. but in your op you seem angered by batum the player as much as his act.
i would have just letit go if it wasntfor your sig because when you think about cheap shots recently they would come up instantly.
it is a little hypocritical.

Now its me and how I 'celebrate' my sig. :facepalm:

Another one? Geez try proof reading. What the hell do you want me to do? Put the 2nd five of the Lakers on my sig?

Ignorance is bliss.

This is about Nic Batum, not about the Lakers, not about my damn sig, its about Batum. You gotta problem with this? start a new thread and you can bash them allllll you want.

First of all, As a player, I dont really care about Batum. He's an all right type of player, that's all hell ever gona be in my opinion. But I despise him for this sissy act.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You got yours and I got mine. You dont like it, that's your problem.

Laker haters cant stop hating. You guys are everywhere.

JiffyMix88
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
damn right batum and you guys are fools he wasnt actually aiming for his nuts... he was trying to give legit hard foul by reaching in and punching at the ball it just so happen the ball dribbled opposite of what he anticapted

kdspurman
08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Batum went too far no doubt. He should've been more gentle, it seems that's what the Spain team is used to apparently... :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-PTjstIaG8

faze38
08-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Nic Batum, you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to the MAJORITY of the basketball fans planet wide.

Ok I agree that what he did was classless I mean that is fully uncalled for but you are taking this final statement a little too far. We have def seen worse as fans. Some have already brought up some of those incidents. I do think that Batum needs to show more restraint next time tho because kids are watching.

BklynKnicks3
08-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I wish knicks did that to Lecon n wade when they flopped except really lay em out. My only beef with Melo is being freinds with those cowards

kblo247
08-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Might as well never suit up vs the Clippers then with Blake, Paul, and Chauncey flopping every trip down

kblo247
08-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Batum, Reggie Evans, and Ray Allen.

Batum punched f guy in nuts, Reggied grabbed a guys nuts, and Allen elbowed a guy in the nuts on purpose.

KG also once defended a frye 3 with a tap in the jewels and Nash held Kobea when Kobe dunked on him in 06 literately the whole way down on slow mo

thenaj17
08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm not justifying punching someone in the balls because i know how that feels and it ain't right but that line "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop," is bloody funny!

sammid21
08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
I think its a good idea to put in the rule book:

Any player flopping gets a nut shot by the player that got the foul called on. That way we make sure he still has his nuts intact. Only puzzies flop, this is just to make sure they are men and not females.

its a joke people relax, just in case someone freaks out and starts bashing

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Isnt that a fact?

Well, let's see. It depends on what your definition of a role model is.

If its someone who is rather educated, someone who uses appropriate reasoning and someone who could say other things better than:

"ni*** shut up gtfoh with that bs lol"

Then yes, I am a role model. :smoking:

Educated? Because I used abreviation? First off, you don't know my education level. And just because I clowned on your uptight post. Don't be mad @ me and insult my intelligence. Your over here acting all uptight, like Batum hittin dude in the bag is gonna traumatize kids. And if he's some role model... If a kid chooses him as they're role model, who cares. Have the common sense to teach your child that punching people is wrong. Lol... and if you personally, are insulted by Batum, then I think you needa get your priorties in line. Again... GTFOH with all that noise your making... You've been talkin about this for a full day now, and your not saying anything. Soo just stop. Your "concerned citizen" attitude about Nic Batum punching dude in the nuts isn't impressing anyone.

MR.TRIPDUB
08-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Now its me and how I 'celebrate' my sig. :facepalm:

Another one? Geez try proof reading. What the hell do you want me to do? Put the 2nd five of the Lakers on my sig?

Ignorance is bliss.

This is about Nic Batum, not about the Lakers, not about my damn sig, its about Batum. You gotta problem with this? start a new thread and you can bash them allllll you want.

First of all, As a player, I dont really care about Batum. He's an all right type of player, that's all hell ever gona be in my opinion. But I despise him for this sissy act.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You got yours and I got mine. You dont like it, that's your problem.

Laker haters cant stop hating. You guys are everywhere.
for someone who doest care about batum you seem enraged by this singular action and judged him a disgrace to his country for an act he committed in an emotional and heated game.
oh and i dont hate the lakers in fact im pulling for them because of nash. he needs a ring.

kingjaymes23
08-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Well okay, assuming that youre right. Are you saying that a 'regular' foul shouldve been called instead?

I mean, the point here is KIDS and TEENS are watching. And not alot of them are nut experts.

Dude get over yourself with this "kids and teens were watching" garbage you keep spewing to try to make Batum look bad. Spain was flopping all game long and getting extra free throws because of the inept officiating. Sometimes, you have to take matters into your own hands to teach a lesson and he got his message across. I'm sorry but I guarantee 90% of the people here killing Batum would have done the same thing. Don't get on your high horses and try to act like you wouldn't because when a team constantly flops all game, you know you'd send them a message.

shizzle09
08-09-2012, 02:12 PM
he's the man

for hitting a guy in the nuts? :facepalm:

shizzle09
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Dude get over yourself with this "kids and teens were watching" garbage you keep spewing to try to make Batum look bad. Spain was flopping all game long and getting extra free throws because of the inept officiating. Sometimes, you have to take matters into your own hands to teach a lesson and he got his message across. I'm sorry but I guarantee 90% of the people here killing Batum would have done the same thing. Don't get on your high horses and try to act like you wouldn't because when a team constantly flops all game, you know you'd send them a message.

hilarious. this is beyond low and he deserves all the bad pub he gets. listen to yourself... flops warrant a closed fist to the groin??? u gotta be 12 to think like that

Avenged
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Manu, Varejao, Chris Paul, Fisher, Artest, Blake Griffin etc.. Watch out this season! Apparently Batum is sending a message to floppers :rolleyes:

kingjaymes23
08-09-2012, 02:24 PM
hilarious. this is beyond low and he deserves all the bad pub he gets. listen to yourself... flops warrant a closed fist to the groin??? u gotta be 12 to think like that

Nah I'm a grown man not 12 like you try to suggest. People who flop are taking away from the beauty of the game. Everybody wants something done about flopping. Guess what? Stern is never going to do squat about it. It is the players duty to stop flopping. At least Batum made it so Navarro will think twice before flopping again. I played in games where I'd get punched in the face, get my groin stepped on, get punched in the groin, etc. merely because I played hard (like Hansbrough at UNC). I never went and whined about it. And that was me getting hit for playing hard, not for playing like a girl.
If you are a flopper, you aren't getting punched in the nuts because you don't have any

NYY 26 to 7
08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
People just have WAY too strong of feelings about this subject. I was a dick punch which is a dirty thing to do to another man - I'd rather a good elbow to the chest. People acting like he comited some kind of violent crime and can't believe people joke about it and should be outraged is crazy and you need to get over yourself. Good move no, funny comment later yes, but giving elbows (not saying an artest style to the head) is part of supports when something is going on on the court - if you don't believe this you clearly didn't play which is fine but it is part of the game not some savage violence that has no place in sports. Its a dick punch - he didn't kill some one or start an artest brawl - its still messed up because any man knows you just don't punch another man in the dick but given that this is the 3rd one this olympics I'm concerned with the retaliation methods these days.

I Rock Shaqs
08-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Haters hate for the sake of hating. It's pretty evident.

Seriously, What has this world come to.

Do you by any chance live in a rich neighborhood, where everybody is jolly and says hello to their buddy's that live next door, where they ware watering their flowers and walking their dogs?

Patriotsfan97
08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Do you like the flopping in the NBA or something? Is it in Olympic Spirit to lose on purpose just to get an easy path to a silver since they know they can't beat USA? It's a b**** move on there part just so they can win silver. Screw them. That worthless piece of trash flops so many times it is unreal. Something had to be done. He's going to remember it from now on, will he not? He got exposed. The hit was the closest thing to the ball to make it "look" like an accident. He couldn't punch him in the face or something. That was the closest thing to looking like an accident he could. He publicly stated it wasn't, but at the time to avoid ejection, it was a valid excuse. Yes to us, we know it was a closed fist punch, but we also have slow motion replays. The officials make the calls on the spot. If it were in an obvious area like the stomach or face, it would've been an ejection. Maybe he could have done it off screen, but something had to be done. I was so sick of his flopping, and the Brazil game really pissed me off. I'm fine with it. More professionalism, sure. Not as noticeable, sure. But at least he wasn't afraid to do something about it and potentially stop the guy's flopping. Nobody said anything about Carmelo being hit in the groin during the three. Or when Kobe did it to Iggy. Why is this being brought up now?

FreakaNashur
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Do you like the flopping in the NBA or something? Is it in Olympic Spirit to lose on purpose just to get an easy path to a silver since they know they can't beat USA? It's a b**** move on there part just so they can win silver. Screw them. That worthless piece of trash flops so many times it is unreal. Something had to be done. He's going to remember it from now on, will he not? He got exposed. The hit was the closest thing to the ball to make it "look" like an accident. He couldn't punch him in the face or something. That was the closest thing to looking like an accident he could. He publicly stated it wasn't, but at the time to avoid ejection, it was a valid excuse. Yes to us, we know it was a closed fist punch, but we also have slow motion replays. The officials make the calls on the spot. If it were in an obvious area like the stomach or face, it would've been an ejection. Maybe he could have done it off screen, but something had to be done. I was so sick of his flopping, and the Brazil game really pissed me off. I'm fine with it. More professionalism, sure. Not as noticeable, sure. But at least he wasn't afraid to do something about it and potentially stop the guy's flopping. Nobody said anything about Carmelo being hit in the groin during the three. Or when Kobe did it to Iggy. Why is this being brought up now?

calm the f' down LMAO

france couldn't even beat españa.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Cry me a river, France lost on purpose last year in the euros to avoid spain in the semis.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
btw,

i want to hear how "flopping" has something to do with france scoring a grand total of 6 points :rolleyes: in the 4th quarter.

passittome
08-09-2012, 07:01 PM

[B]Nic Batum, you are a disgrace not just to your home country but to the MAJORITY of the basketball fans planet wide.

I know that it's far-fetched but how could we forget what took place in Aurora just recently. Inspired by a ****ing comic book character.

Sorry, what?

To actually point out, the possible 'reasons behind the reasons' that could lead to random criminal acts that is happening out there right now is considered, disturbing?

Should the kids and teenagers see this on tv and on the internet, one thing leads to another, what else could possibly happen?

Things like these can be considered as one of the roots of the problems that are facing today's society because the youth are paying close attention to whatever the media is showing. And I bet that they will keep showing this over and over, for 'broadcasting' purposes.

Okay, I understand that Nic Batum did something that can be frowned upon but you present it as an epidemic that will change basketball. It's pretty disturbing that you try to relate his actions to those of in Aurora, CO and think his nut shot is the root of problems in society today and this one action will result in violence and death in parks around the world. Do you believe that teens/the whole world thats watching will now be influenced to punch groins in retaliation? I'm not defending his actions but I don't believe it will be a cultural influence like you believe that will ruin basketball for the younger generation.

Personally I thought the same thing whenever I see it, DAMN THATS SORE. STOP SHOWING IT IN SLOW MOTION. lol. I have seen numerous nuts shots through various sports so I can't pin the future of "below the belt" shots on Batum.

beasted86
08-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Sorry, what?

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say. Or maybe you had a diffrerent interpretation to it, I dont know. It doesnt matter to me. I suggest that you do some back-reading.

I respect your opinion, But ill stick to what i would always say:

Their post-reaction? Nobody knows. Maybe you do.
'One thing leads to another'? Is this some sort of lame-brained plot in a made for TV movie? Guy sees slutty bartender wearing skimpy clothes... one thing leads to another... he went home that night and murdered his wife. :confused:

Yeah, buddy, you are allowed to have your opinion... this is a free country, but this is just my opinion about your opinion. You seem a little delusional to say the least. It's like you are subconsciously "concern trolling" your own psyche. I see little to no correlation that could possibly be made between Batum's (albeit disgusting) act and a rise in homicides. Maybe I'm unaware that people with such a feeble impressionable personal development exist where seeing a sports star hit another person leads them to one day murder people. I never knew that one's sense of morality could be so easily altered.

MrfadeawayJB
08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I would totally punch Chris Paul in the Balls if i was playing against him. Flopping little *****

lakers4sho
08-09-2012, 07:38 PM
btw,

i want to hear how "flopping" has something to do with france scoring a grand total of 6 points :rolleyes: in the 4th quarter.

4 points

2 points during garbage time

Niro
08-09-2012, 08:54 PM
i love that some players call out floppers and play physical with them :)

D2theJ
08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I thought it was funny lol, I'd probably get mad too if they flopped all game thats just competitiveness getting the best of someone it happens. I think kids will see a lot worse in life than a basketball player giving someone a dirty foul.

mrblisterdundee
08-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Welcome to Portland, Victor Claver. Here's the guy you'll be backing up.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Welcome to Portland, Victor Claver. Here's the guy you'll be backing up.

Wich spells problems.

Since Claver Actually IS a flopper.

Dont hold your breath waiting for something good to come out of claver tough.
Too skinnny to get awway with playing pf in nba, not quick enough to get away playing sf.

iamsteel
08-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Batum was just frustrated and lost control for a minute. Not really much different than the hundreds of others that have done stuff like that before. Hell, I still remember Jordan chasing down Reggie Miller to choke him. At least he didn't try to take someone out in mid-air like Bynum has done several times!

NoahH
08-10-2012, 02:54 AM

What?

tapajafri
08-10-2012, 04:14 AM
batum.....

tapajafri
08-10-2012, 04:15 AM

Just disappointing.

this is coming from a laker fan who has the dirtiest player in the NBA, kobe "cheap shot elbow" bryant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxsK_2imYI

USMCLaker
08-10-2012, 08:03 AM
That is about as good a reason as any I guess. Who hasn't done this at least once when they were a kid or an nba player playing in the Olympics.

kingjaymes23
08-10-2012, 08:48 AM
I think this Mave guy is a T'Wolves fan that is still butt hurt that Batum went to the Blazers since they matched. How can you honestly sit and here and type that Batum punching the guy in the nuts will lead to shootings around the world? Are you really that dumb or are you just writing this stuff for laughs. Scola did it too in a game that more people watched so how come it's all on Batum for you? If a kid from the US saw one, it would be the one Scola delivered, not the one Batum delivered, yet to you Batum's shot is going to lead to more kids playing dirty and killing their friends. You have some problems upstairs man.
On another note, people are acting like this is the first time it happened. This isn't even the first time it happened in the Olympics. Chris Paul did it in college to a way worse extent. Kobe has done it. There are a bunch of guys who have done this, but let's all blame Batum for every time it happens from here on out. What a joke

NYKalltheway
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKWh0DkCz8

Batum has grown to GOD level in Europe. Someone had to do it eventually :D