PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves Blogger, Tim Allen, Commits Suicide, Dead at 29

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/08/tim_allen_timberwolves_blogger_dead_by_suicide_at_ 29.php

Last night, tragic news circulated -- Tim Allen, one of the foremost Minnesota Timberwolves bloggers, took his own life Monday night.

Allen's day job was reportedly as a copy writer for Thomson Reuters at their Eagan location, but he made a name for himself writing about hoops. He began contributing to the popular Canis Hoopus Timberwolves blog in 2009 and ended up as co-manager of the site. Though he was perhaps best known for his humorous game previews in which the Timberwolves were always favored to win despite almost always having a losing record, Allen's blogging spanned the gamut. His last piece, published August 1, is "The Brandon Roy Story: A Tale of Redemption or a Tale of Tragedy?" He concludes the post with this sentence: "Here's to hoping that Brandon Roy keeps giving big name media members a reason to come out to Target Center, and that this time, the Redemption Story has a happy ending."

As is often the case with suicides, news of Allen's passing comes as a complete shock. Just hours before he killed himself, he was tweeting about the USA-Argentina Olympic men's basketball game. Allen's Twitter account gives no indication that he was experiencing mental or emotional anguish in the days leading up to his death, though friends of his have since indicated he was recently struggling with personal issues.

News of Allen's death prompted an outpouring of grief from sports journalists both locally and nationally. He was 29 years old.

This is his twitter account: http://twitter.com/timallenonline

It's just really sad. Did any T'Wolves fan know this dude?

Hawkeye, do you know anything about this dude?

I don't know, I just thought I had to share it in the NBA Forum.

Just sad. :(

Hawkeye15
08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
He was a very well respected blogger for SB Nation (Canis Hoops), and was well known for his game previews in which he would write up a great review, then have the Wolves winning every time haha.

I had interacted with him a bit via FB, and Iodine knew him pretty well.

Not sure what was going on, he was tweeting during the US-Argentina game, seemed fine.

Sad.

Ill21
08-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Weird and sad

Losoway
08-08-2012, 02:21 PM
wierdo

Utd7
08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
My condolences

NYKnickFanatic
08-08-2012, 02:27 PM
wierdo

What a bozo thing to say.

Also, weirdo*.

JWO35
08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Sad...

JesusWears24
08-08-2012, 02:31 PM
He had so much to live for.. RIP

haggis
08-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Damn, so young. RIP.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 02:34 PM
No offense, but people who commit suicide are cowards. A very selfish act, I feel bad for his family.

ThunderousDemon
08-08-2012, 02:37 PM
No offense, but people who commit suicide are cowards. A very selfish act, I feel bad for his family.

What a stupid thing to say, you don't know what he was going through.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Yeah, your completly wrong. Lol.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 02:40 PM

It's more difficult to face adversity than to give into it and let it overwhelm you. Giving in is cowardliness. Leaving others to deal with the aftermath is cowardly as well because you have taken away having to deal with the responsibility of your actions on others.

D12 fan
08-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Man STFU how can you call a dude a coward after he just commited suicide?You don't know what people go through in life,he might had a mental problem.

kjoke
08-08-2012, 02:43 PM
It's more difficult to face adversity than to give into it and let it overwhelm you. Giving in is cowardliness. Leaving others to deal with the aftermath is cowardly as well because you have taken away having to deal with the responsibility of your actions on others.

:laugh2: Somebody doesn't know that depression/suicide is.

Just pure ignorance.

NYKnickFanatic
08-08-2012, 02:43 PM

I agree 100%.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM

I find it nearly impossible to have sympathy for someone who kills themselves, but I have never experienced extreme clinical depression, nor had a family member who has. I only hope I never NEED to understand why someone would take their own life.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Man STFU how can you call a dude a coward after he just commited suicide?You don't know what people go through in life,he might had a mental problem.

Read the post above.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I understand what you're trying to say with the whole "coward" thing, but its unnecessary right now. Sucks to see someone go that young.

NYKnickFanatic
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I find it nearly impossible to have sympathy for someone who kills themselves, but I have never experienced extreme clinical depression, nor had a family member who has. I only hope I never NEED to understand why someone would take their own life.

My friend blew his face off in the cemetery. I honestly felt no sympathy for him. I felt bad that his family had to deal with it. He was 15 when it happened.

kjoke
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Depression is a serious illness. There's nothing cowardly about something that is chemically wrong in the brain.

kjoke
08-08-2012, 02:47 PM
We need Iodine to preach a little right now about depression :(

NYKnickFanatic
08-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Depression is a serious illness. There's nothing cowardly about something that is chemically wrong in the brain.

I didnt read the article, but he killed himself because he was depressed?

D12 fan
08-08-2012, 02:50 PM

This.

kjoke
08-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I didnt read the article, but he killed himself because he was depressed?

No. But it takes a LOT to make someone kill himself. I'm trying to say that we don't know what he was going through.

Far from being cowardly, especially since he might be suffering from something none of us have.

NYYCowboys
08-08-2012, 02:52 PM
People don't realize that clinical depression is a disease like any other (diabetes, CAD etc). Someone who is clinically depressed isn't obviously thinking rationally about how their decisions will affect their loved ones or anyone else. I see a lot people like this all the time at my job and it's sad. It's really ignorant, and inappropriate to be calling this guy (who I don't even know) a coward. Show some class.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
:laugh2: Somebody doesn't know that depression/suicide is.

Just pure ignorance.

Educate me. Leaving your loved ones to cope with a preventable loss is wrong.

superior
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
did it have anything to do with him working for the timbervolves?

kjoke
08-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Educate me. Leaving your loved ones to cope with a preventable loss is wrong.

Here you go:

People don't realize that clinical depression is a disease like any other (diabetes, CAD etc). Someone who is clinically depressed isn't obviously thinking rationally about how their decisions will affect their loved ones or anyone else. I see a lot people like this all the time at my job and it's sad. It's really ignorant, and inappropriate to be calling this guy (who I don't even know) a coward. Show some class.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Well put.

NYKnickFanatic
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM
No. But it takes a LOT to make someone kill himself. I'm trying to say that we don't know what he was going through.

Far from being cowardly, especially since he might be suffering from something none of us have.

I could go deep into this, but I dont want to go off topic, so I wont.

macc
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM

Actually I would argue that it's the farthest thing from being a coward. To me coward = scared. I don't think taking your own life would be an easy thing to do. I don't think it's a "cowardly" thing because it takes alot of balls to do it.

In saying that your statement is completely ignorant. Unless you know what someone is going through you shouldn't judge somone so harshly. It just makes you look like an idiot. Not everyone has perfect lives. Alot of people grow up in broken homes, child abuse, drugged out parents who are gone all the time. In alot of cases you got these kids living on the streets. So before you make such an ignorant statment. Use a little common sense and realize nothing beats experience. If you don't know what somone is going through then shut the **** up.

DoMeFavors
08-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Feel bad for this guy and his family

fadedmario
08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Sucks because he might have actually got to watch his team in the Playoffs this year.

RIP.

fadedmario
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Why do these threads always turn into debates about the same thing..over..and...over.

STFU already.

D12 fan
08-08-2012, 03:09 PM

Not being disrespectful but say someone in your family committed suicide and they were dealing with some sort of depression would you call them a coward?

nickdymez
08-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Rip

Tanakid777
08-08-2012, 03:15 PM
R.I.P. Some very poorly educated schmucks in this thread.

allpro
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
people who commit suicide are cowards, they leave all there mess for everyone else my oldest brother committed suicide and he was a coward for doing so, he left a note like that was going to make everything ok, suicide is a p@$$y way out I had to deal with all the bs he left behind I had to take care of his kids and pay for his funeral, suicide show's how selfish people are.

SA5195
08-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Rip

zB_#85
08-08-2012, 03:19 PM

I feel this same way. Many people will spin this and make themselves feel like a better person for disagreeing with me here, but- the depression card gets played way too much. There is a fine line between depression and the difficulties that come along with life. Mentally weak people are quick to diagnose themselves as
"depressed." Doctors are also quick to diagnose IMO, not to say that depression isn't real because it is and it affects many but way too many people who say they are depressed or are even diagnosed as depressed are not...

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Still a cop out. Depression can't be cured, but it can be treated. Generally speaking, a combination of medications and therapy works best. I don't know his back story, so I don't know if he already tried those methods.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Not being disrespectful but say someone in your family committed suicide and they were dealing with some sort of depression would you call them a coward?

To be honest... I would have used a less harsh word. I hope I never have to go through that.

Avenged
08-08-2012, 03:34 PM
No sympathy from me. You killed yourself leaving a family behind to deal with the pain. I do however feel very bad for his family. It sucks that people have to resort to suicide..

Hawkeye15
08-08-2012, 03:36 PM
I feel this same way. Many people will spin this and make themselves feel like a better person for disagreeing with me here, but- the depression card gets played way too much. There is a fine line between depression and the difficulties that come along with life. Mentally weak people are quick to diagnose themselves as
"depressed." Doctors are also quick to diagnose IMO, not to say that depression isn't real because it is and it affects many but way too many people who say they are depressed or are even diagnosed as depressed are not...

Obviously mentally weak individuals are more prone to mental problems, but there are some with chemical imbalance. But yeah, I agree that we have become a nation of excuse makers whose doctors feed them drugs instead of trying to actually find out what is wrong with them.

HowBoutDemBulls
08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Why coudnt it have been Al Borland instead?

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 03:45 PM

You think suicide is ever a rational act? It's not like the people who commit it are calm level headed at the time. You are just an ignorant 15 year old child.

Whomewhome
08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I know a lot of people who suffer from depression. Suicide is not always related. I do think it's an illness that can strike at anytime. One of my friends a regular church goer with no problems at all. Married with 1 kid age 5. Wrote a tweet life is good, girls at home making cookies and two hours later took his life away.

Whomewhome
08-08-2012, 03:46 PM
You think suicide is ever a rational act? It's not like the people who commit it are calm level headed at the time. You are just an ignorant 15 year old child.
Hit the nail on the head. It's random and it's an illness not always detectable by the person doing the suicide.

ACanadian
08-08-2012, 03:52 PM
He fascinated with space and crazy dunks, really sad :(

I'll try to contact him with a ouija board, worth a shot anyway

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 03:54 PM
This poor guy obviously was going through a lot (most likely depression) and now his family is going through a lot. Can we close this thread cause I don't see the use of calling this poor man names and debating this now?

No one is changing their opinions on this matter.

Punk
08-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow. That's crazy. Goes to show you do not know about people's daily lives as they may seem nice and normal to the naked eye.

Prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP.

ACanadian
08-08-2012, 03:58 PM
This poor guy obviously was going through a lot (most likely depression) and now his family is going through a lot. Can we close this thread cause I don't see the use of calling this poor man names and debating this now?

No one is changing their opinions on this matter.

Yea I agree cowards way or not, show him some respect

NYYCowboys
08-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Still a cop out. Depression can't be cured, but it can be treated. Generally speaking, a combination of medications and therapy works best. I don't know his back story, so I don't know if he already tried those methods.

Despite what your opinion is, it's still really inappropriate to make this thread a forum to display your (short-sided) thoughts about suicide. You said what you had to say just let it go. We get it, you have a controversial opinion. Cool.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM

It can be.

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Despite what your opinion is, it's still really inappropriate to make this thread a forum to display your (short-sided) thoughts about suicide. You said what you had to say just let it go. We get it, you have a controversial opinion. Cool.

This

marvILLous
08-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Just cuz someone has a different opinion doesn't mean he's uneducated.. Yall need to chill on the name calling lol

Anyway, wouldn't go and call him a coward but suicide is def a selfish act.. No matter the circumstance.. Especially when you have family and friends who actually care about you.. Either way tho, not going to judge.. RIP

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Incorrect.

Sometimes, you have psychological issues and maybe even neurological medical issues where at the end, no matter how strong-willed you may be, you can lose the battle at the end.

Bornknick73
08-08-2012, 04:20 PM
While it is a tragic story we can only hope the Nets have another disaster season and DoMeFavors does the same.....

Just kidding my dude!

Bornknick73
08-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Incorrect.

Sometimes, you have psychological issues and maybe even neurological medical issues where at the end, no matter how strong-willed you may be, you can lose the battle at the end.

agreed.

Junior Seau is a prime example. The mind is a powerful thing. Well, outside of the PSD that is.

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
While it is a tragic story we can only hope the Nets have another disaster season and DoMeFavors does the same.....

Just kidding my dude!

Wow man, probably best to lay off the jokes in this thread, where we are discussing the lose of an actual human life.

UPRock
08-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't know how people can joke about this.

Iodine
08-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Well I was pretty much done with PSD/forums in general, but when some one told me about this well......

Tim was my friend, I knew him for 4ish years and met him in person several times.

Yes, he suffered from depression of a chemical nature, no he never let that be an excuse.

I don't even know the full details and would really like a depression/suicide debate to be taken somewhere else, since no matter what opinion you have or what you think is right, my friend is dead and there is nothing bringing him back, so please let people leave condolences/grieve in peace.

If for some reason any of you care enough, his favorite charity was the Humane society, so if you want you can donate there.

Now then, for realz bye PSD, thanks for the 4+ years

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't understand how some people whom have never experienced depression like that can simply say it's simple to deal with. It's not. The overwhelming feeling to no longer live is not something that is just as easy as some medication. I know first hand that you can have an absolute perfect life and still feel some extreme saddness to the point where you wonder if things would be easier if you were to take your own life. And the hardest part of depression is coming to terms with it and understanding the steps that should be taken. Depression is worse then addiction in my honest opinion. May this man rip, if you believe in such things.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Sad that a good poster like Iodine leaves because of the ignorance of this site...

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't understand how some people whom have never experienced depression like that can simply say it's simple to deal with. It's not. The overwhelming feeling to no longer live is not something that is just as easy as some medication. I know first hand that you can have an absolute perfect life and still feel some extreme saddness to the point where you wonder if things would be easier if you were to take your own life. And the hardest part of depression is coming to terms with it and understanding the steps that should be taken. Depression is worse then addiction in my honest opinion. May this man rip, if you believe in such things.

It's just a lack of education and ignorance. It's the same as with the far right wingers who say that all homeless people are just lazy.

People are complex and people who think they can just make these huge generalizations about life and morality are just ignorant morons.

b@llhog24
08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
did it have anything to do with him working for the timbervolves?

Wanted to so badly, but choose not to.

ACanadian
08-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Sad that a good poster like Iodine leaves because of the ignorance of this site...

+1

This site is full of them, and the site is having a bad rep because of it, when I was posting in operation sports alot of people were bashing PSD because of it's community, after 7 months of posting in PSD I realized why

N3TS
08-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Sad thing to hear. My condolences.

Vinny642
08-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Damn that sucks man

netsgiantsyanks
08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Well I was pretty much done with PSD/forums in general, but when some one told me about this well......

Tim was my friend, I knew him for 4ish years and met him in person several times.

Yes, he suffered from depression of a chemical nature, no he never let that be an excuse.

I don't even know the full details and would really like a depression/suicide debate to be taken somewhere else, since no matter what opinion you have or what you think is right, my friend is dead and there is nothing bringing him back, so please let people leave condolences/grieve in peace.

If for some reason any of you care enough, his favorite charity was the Humane society, so if you want you can donate there.

bye iodine :(

FarOutIos
08-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Obviously mentally weak individuals are more prone to mental problems, but there are some with chemical imbalance. But yeah, I agree that we have become a nation of excuse makers whose doctors feed them drugs instead of trying to actually find out what is wrong with them.

As probably one of the older members on this site... I can say that everyone who is calling suicide cowardly will one day be changing their opinion on the matter.

The struggles people go thru, at times, can seem unbearable. A man can be strong mentally and physically, but one moment of weakness can be the last moment. How many of us have had just one moment of weakness? I have. And if you haven't, you will.

I think a simplistic view of depression would be comparing it to swimming in a river. Sometimes it is not that tough. But hit the right spot at the right time... and you are NOT getting out of it alive.

Now as far as the drugs... you have to also remember that we are growingly becoming affected by chemicals and drugs in our everyday life. That is why drugs are being used to try and solve problems that did not exist previously.

All the chemicals, radiations, pollutants and drugs we put our body thru every day will undoubtably have some reactions with our health. This is just the tip of the iceberg...

thekmp211
08-08-2012, 05:31 PM
damn.

Badluck33
08-08-2012, 05:42 PM

this is a stupid thing to say.

NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is worth killing yourself over.

People who commit suicide are *******.

Vinny642
08-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Much love man, be cool out there!

Hawkeye15
08-08-2012, 05:44 PM
As probably one of the older members on this site... I can say that everyone who is calling suicide cowardly will one day be changing their opinion on the matter.

The struggles people go thru, at times, can seem unbearable. A man can be strong mentally and physically, but one moment of weakness can be the last moment. How many of us have had just one moment of weakness? I have. And if you haven't, you will.

I think a simplistic view of depression would be comparing it to swimming in a river. Sometimes it is not that tough. But hit the right spot at the right time... and you are NOT getting out of it alive.

Now as far as the drugs... you have to also remember that we are growingly becoming affected by chemicals and drugs in our everyday life. That is why drugs are being used to try and solve problems that did not exist previously.

All the chemicals, radiations, pollutants and drugs we put our body thru every day will undoubtably have some reactions with our health. This is just the tip of the iceberg...

I sorta kinda agree with the first sentence, though there are people who go through life without a loved one falling into depression that would have this end result.

The rest? Not so much. Our doctors don't seem to be interested in the cure, just the treatment.

JWO35
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Of course topics like this bring out the ignorance of the internet...having an opinion is one thing, to call someone a coward or ***** without knowing their circumstances is another.

I want to know how many of you would be calling your mother or father a coward if they committed suicide

kingkenny01
08-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't really know who this is, but its never good to hear these things my condolences

smith&wesson
08-08-2012, 06:07 PM
its a shame. he seemed like a funny guy. .

FriedTofuz
08-08-2012, 06:10 PM
My condolances go out to tim Allens Family. Why do some of you have no sympathy for him? you dont know his circumstances or what he went through. He obviously went through too much to the point where he thought life was not worth living. I do agree that it is somewhat selfish of him to take his life away because his loved ones will now have to live with the anxiety that hes provided, but what about him? He definatly had to go through a lot to quit life. Have some sympathy for what he could have possibly went through, instead of bashing and labeling him as a coward. RIP Tim Allen

FriedTofuz
08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Of course topics like this bring out the ignorance of the internet...having an opinion is one thing, to call someone a coward or ***** without knowing their circumstances is another.

I want to know how many of you would be calling your mother or father a coward if they committed suicide

This +100

To all those people who claim they wouldnt have any sympathy, how would you feel if it was your very mother or father that took their lives away. Do you lack enough respect to call them a coward?

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 06:14 PM
its a shame. he seemed like a funny guy. .

:pity:

RLundi
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
No sympathy from me. You killed yourself leaving a family behind to deal with the pain. I do however feel very bad for his family. It sucks that people have to resort to suicide..

It's shocking how cynical and remorseless people are nowadays. I can't bring myself to understand how someone could lose a life and no sympathy can be felt.

What a terrible society we live in that we're so used to people dying that we show complete indifference if it's not someone in our immediate circle.

Captain Moroni
08-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Reading some of these posts in light of a horrible ordeal is sad.
Nothing is sacred anymore. There are so many people who flat out just don't care about anyone or anything. Empathy is slipping away from us each day. When the day comes that we are void of it, no one will want to live anymore.
So sorry to Tim's Family for the PSD idiots.

iliketurtles24
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
wow.... so strange

akagiredsuns
08-08-2012, 06:31 PM
How is what longhorn saying pure ignorance? Only a coward takes his own life and now his family has to deal with that. People go through stuff but no matter how hard things get, you should see it through. It's a tragedy, but one that could've been avoided. People need to quit coddling this guy and justifying his death. There is no excuse. Those who justify it are the ones who are truly ignorant.

iliketurtles24
08-08-2012, 06:33 PM
It's shocking how cynical and remorseless people are nowadays. I can't bring myself to understand how someone could lose a life and no sympathy can be felt.

What a terrible society we live in that we're so used to people dying that we show complete indifference if it's not someone in our immediate circle.
That reality was prevalent in past civilizations/cultures/societies way before our society. Your implying its getting worse, or its something new... its not worse or new.

netsgiantsyanks
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
some of you guys must have not faced depression or experienced it. some people aren't as strong mentally and can't handle certain things. you have no clue what the **** was going in his life, so who are you to judge? he could have handled it, he could have sought help, but he didn't. while i don't necessarily agree with his decision, i'm not going to look down on him because of it.

RLundi
08-08-2012, 06:39 PM
That reality was prevalent in past civilizations/cultures/societies way before our society. Your implying its getting worse, or its something new... its not worse or new.

Lol really? Moral turpitude is at an all-time low. It doesn't take a sociologist to understand that standards and attitudes have completely plummeted from past civilizations/cultures/societies.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I was not going to post on this thread because there is so much arguing going. However, I can not sit here and read attacks on the poster who said suicide is cowardly. Enough with everyone making excuses saying "Life sometimes is too hard", or using big words to try to talk condescendingly to others like they are some sort of depression expert. My family has a history of clinical depression, and suicide is NEVER an answer. It is, like another poster stated, a "cop out". Is it sad that this man killed himself? absolutely, but is it fair to his family and friends who will undoubtedly be torn apart wondering what went wrong. Is it fair that others will not have to burden themselves with his load financially, and whatever else he left behind. Suicide is taking the easy way out, depression is not an excuse it is giving up because a person decides they cant do it anymore. So bash myself and others who think suicide is "cowardly"(which is a poor choice of a word) but we simply choose to not make an excuse for someone who made such a catastrophic mistake that they can never take back.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Lol really? Moral turpitude is at an all-time low. It doesn't take a sociologist to understand that standards and attitudes have completely plummeted from past civilizations/cultures/societies.

Well said. Even taking a look at most mainstream comedy today. It's all about laughing at misfortune. Rape jokes, death jokes are all fair game. In the past people at least felt the need to justify cruelty through ideology. In present time nobody gives a ****, and doesn't even feel the need for justification. That's when you know a society is going down the toilet.

iliketurtles24
08-08-2012, 06:47 PM

I was talking about death being a everyday thing in past civilizations/cultures/societies. I was not referring to problems such as depression or other metal issues.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I was not going to post on this thread because there is so much arguing going. However, I can not sit here and read attacks on the poster who said suicide is cowardly. Enough with everyone making excuses saying "Life sometimes is too hard", or using big words to try to talk condescendingly to others like they are some sort of depression expert. My family has a history of clinical depression, and suicide is NEVER an answer. It is, like another poster stated, a "cop out". Is it sad that this man killed himself? absolutely, but is it fair to his family and friends who will undoubtedly be torn apart wondering what went wrong. Is it fair that others will not have to burden themselves with his load financially, and whatever else he left behind. Suicide is taking the easy way out, depression is not an excuse it is giving up because a person decides they cant do it anymore. So bash myself and others who think suicide is "cowardly"(which is a poor choice of a word) but we simply choose to not make an excuse for someone who made such a catastrophic mistake that they can never take back.

Suicide is almost never a rational act. My family has a history of clinical depression as well, so there goes your poor attempt at getting an upper hand in experience. The reality is that you cannot ever think you know everything about a person. To you this man was a stranger. Only an ignorant person can judge someone that they have no clue about.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
and for those of you who say we have no sympathy YOU are ignorant. I have sympathy for the soldiers who lay their lives on the line and do not come home. I have sympathy for an elderly person who has lived their life and their time has come. I have sympathy for children or anyone for that matter that have their lives TAKEN from them. I do not however, have sympathy for someone who CHOOSES to take their own life because they made that decision.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
and for those of you who say we have no sympathy YOU are ignorant. I have sympathy for the soldiers who lay their lives on the line and do not come home. I have sympathy for an elderly person who has lived their life and their time has come. I have sympathy for children or anyone for that matter that have their lives TAKEN from them. I do not however, have sympathy for someone who CHOOSES to take their own life because they made that decision.

You have sympathy for soldiers who decide to join the army willingly and fight wars for corporate profit? See how easy it is to turn this around.

The basic point is clear "don't judge people you do not know and pretend to know their circumstances" It just makes you an idiot.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Suicide is almost never a rational act. My family has a history of clinical depression as well, so there goes your poor attempt at getting an upper hand in experience. The reality is that you cannot ever think you know everything about a person. To you this man was a stranger. Only an ignorant person can judge someone that they have no clue about.

What does your family having a history of clinical depression have anything to do with me trying to get an "upper hand" in experience. I never said that at all so your just trying to insult me, because your doing the same thing you accuse me of doing.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 06:55 PM
What does your family having a history of clinical depression have anything to do with me trying to get an "upper hand" in experience. I never said that at all so your just trying to insult me, because your doing the same thing you accuse me of doing.

Well you made the point that your family has a history of clinical depression, and then went on to rant about knowing how suicide is always a cowards way out. I don't understand why you stressed your personal experience if there was no point of it? My statement was meant to merely point this out.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 06:56 PM
You have sympathy for soldiers who decide to join the army willingly and fight wars for corporate profit? See how easy it is to turn this around.

The basic point is clear "don't judge people you do not know and pretend to know their circumstances" It just makes you an idiot.

Actually no that makes no sense, no solider goes into the war fighting for corporate profit? They do it because they are willing to make sacrifices to protect our country, and make it possible for a low life like you to say whatever you please on a public forum.

HOLY TOLEDO
08-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Unless you've been in someone's shoes that are struggling with demons that bring you to the brink of suicide your comments show your ignorance...I'm always amazed at what certain individuals will say after an individual takes their life.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Actually no that makes no sense, no solider goes into the war fighting for corporate profit? They do it because they are willing to make sacrifices to protect our country, and make it possible for a low life like you to say whatever you please on a public forum.

Ahh another traditional good old USA republican. Thinks he has figured out the world with his narrow minded views. I'm too tired for this conversation. Keep ranting about things you know nothing about.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Ahh another traditional good old USA republican. Thinks he has figured out the world with his narrow minded views. I'm too tired for this conversation. Keep ranting about things you know nothing about.

ahhh another extreme liberal making excuses for everything, and coddling everyone but when they say something they are always right. You my friend are the ignorant one.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 07:09 PM
ahhh another extreme liberal making excuses for everything, and coddling everyone but when they say something they are always right. You my friend are the ignorant one.

Not sure how that generalization makes sense in this thread. I don't need to make an excuse for anything. You are the one making narrow minded uneducated assumptions. I'm simply pointing out your idiocy.

rickshaw
08-08-2012, 07:09 PM

What about the soldiers who come home and committ suicide? Are those brave people now cowards?

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
What about the soldiers who come home and committ suicide? Are those brave people now cowards?

Keep it simple man, you are going to make his brain explode.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 07:14 PM

I do not like to use the word coward as I pointed out in my original statement it is a poor choice of words. However I still stand by my opinion that it is an easy way out no matter who it is.

JWO35
08-08-2012, 07:15 PM

I find this statement very ironic...

Section#80
08-08-2012, 07:26 PM
As a good friend of Tim's, I'm disappointed that all I see is a dick measuring contest and insults towards a man who's no longer with us.

A man died an all you can do is argue. SMFH

Aust
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Not going to read every comment, but I'd put money that somebody left a tasteless joke revolving around the TWolves lack of success

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
It is a cop out. There is so many people losing others from cancer, or losing there kids. Somone out there would replace a person like this, just to have someone they love back, and just cuz there is a medical term "Depression" is just like saying oh he was soo sad, then it makes it alright. It's like those people that say they are Bipolar, no some people just need a *** woopen. Sorry for your loss iodine, but it doesn't make it right for someone to do that.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
As a good friend of Tim's, I'm disappointed that all I see is a dick measuring contest and insults towards a man who's no longer with us.

A man died an all you can do is argue. SMFH

Then why is this thread worthy. My condolences go out to his family, but that's it. It's just a very touch subject.

ChiTownPacerFan
08-08-2012, 07:52 PM
My faith in humanity is officially at zero!

Are we really so misguided that we're demonizing people who, through no fault of their own, suffered such immense agony that they were compelled to take their own lives? If you just read that and you're ready to type a rebuttal, please stop and think about what that says about you as a person.

Are you people ****ing kidding me?

NYtilIdie
08-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I hope many of you get clinical depression then come talk us how its the "coward way out"

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I hope many of you get clinical depression then come talk us how its the "coward way out"

I work with clients like this. There was a guy that tried killing himself 2 times already. Now he said he doesn't even think about it.

StinkEye
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Not going to read every comment, but I'd put money that somebody left a tasteless joke revolving around the TWolves lack of success

I definitely thought the same joke, but wasn't gonna post it. Your post essentially did it though.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Calling this tragedy a cowards way out is simply ignorance to how painful depression is on somebodies life. To never experience depression and then assume you have the slightest clue what it's like is exactly why people are afraid to speak up when they do have a problem. Nobody is asking for your condolences, but please don't provide your ignorance.

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2012, 08:30 PM

I hope every account you have anywhere gets banned....you are entitled to your opinion but your a jerk.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Calling this tragedy a cowards way out is simply ignorance to how painful depression is on somebodies life. To never experience depression and then assume you have the slightest clue what it's like is exactly why people are afraid to speak up when they do have a problem. Nobody is asking for your condolences, but please don't provide your ignorance.

So is it a free pass, just cuz he had a depression. In the article it said he had some family issues. Deal with it. Like I said before, I would rather have my baby sister in my life, that didn't even have a decision on wether she wanted to live or die. People know there actions before doing it.

PhillyFaninLA

Well said, they don't get what real clinical depression is like and just want to act and talk like ignorant idiots just to here themselves talk

FarOutIos
I sorta kinda agree with the first sentence, though there are people who go through life without a loved one falling into depression that would have this end result.

The rest? Not so much. Our doctors don't seem to be interested in the cure, just the treatment.
I definitely agree with that. My point was that you take a society that is affected by chemicals, and add to that drugs to treat the problems, and you will be creating more problems.

I have never been an environmentalist. Just noticing a downward spiral we are in.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 08:37 PM
This shouldn't even be a thread if, everyone isnt untitled to there opinion on the matter. Forget posting about a blogger that shot himself, post about the soldiers that risk there life everyday.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
So is it a free pass, just cuz he had a depression. In the article it said he had some family issues. Deal with it. Like I said before, I would rather have my baby sister in my life, that didn't even have a decision on wether she wanted to live or die. People know there actions before doing it.

A free pass for what? For someone to be so emotionally broken that they see no other alternative but to kill themself is not a ”deal with it” thing. And yes he knew his actions, how is that even debatable?

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:42 PM
This shouldn't even be a thread if, everyone isnt untitled to there opinion on the matter. Forget posting about a blogger that shot himself, post about the soldiers that risk there life everyday.

An opinion can be wrong.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
A free pass for what? For someone to be so emotionally broken that they see no other alternative but to kill themself is not a ”deal with it” thing. And yes he knew his actions, how is that even debatable?
A free pass for killing himself for not dealing with his problems.

If he knew what his actions were before doing it, who's to say he couldn't deal with his problems.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 08:46 PM
An opinion can be wrong.

And who are you to say that HIS opinion is wrong? Everyones is there own, and if you want to say someone elses opinion is wrong, then he can say yours is wrong.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:48 PM
And who are you to say that HIS opinion is wrong? Everyones is there own, and if you want to say someone elses opinion is wrong, then he can say yours is wrong.

Yes it's wrong when you have a complete misunderstanding of clinical depression. To suggest it's a man up thing is so absurdly ignorant.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
An opinion can be wrong.

When it comes to a different point of view. That's how arguments such as now are made. Just cuz someone expresses a different belief than you isn't considered ignorance. People just think different.

Section#80
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
So you know,

One of his last status' on Facebook was regarding the
Lack of mental health resources in America.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:50 PM
A free pass for killing himself for not dealing with his problems.

If he knew what his actions were before doing it, who's to say he couldn't deal with his problems.

He had clinical depression! Chemicals in his brain made his depressed! It's not like hanging family issues would make those imbalances any better.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes it's wrong when you have a complete misunderstanding of clinical depression. To suggest it's a man up thing is so absurdly ignorant.

How do you know it's clinical. Read the article, it said he had no mental issue. Friends were saying he had family problems.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:53 PM
When it comes to a different point of view. That's how arguments such as now are made. Just cuz someone expresses a different belief than you isn't considered ignorance. People just think different.

Yes it is. Facts are that he was medically ill. Cancer patients can't just wish their cancer away can they? Depression is an illness, not a condition.

So yes, you are wrong.

Section#80
How do you know it's clinical. Read the article, it said he had no mental issue. Friends were saying he had family problems.

He had depression.

ImTheKing30
So you know,

One of his last status' on Facebook was regarding the
Lack of mental health resources in America.

Well that isn't true, there are plenty of resources for treating mental health. I said before my family has a history of clinical depression. Some are treated with medication, some are treated through verbal therapy, and others go to mental health facilities so I dont agree with that statement. Regardless, I do not think he should be demonized its not like he murdered someone else or commited a heinous act, it just isn't fair to the family and friends around him.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 08:54 PM

And Iodine said it was clinical. Iodine was a close friend to him.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Yes it is. Facts are that he was medically ill. Cancer patients can't just wish their cancer away can they? Depression is an illness, not a condition.

So yes, you are wrong.

Actually no, your opinion holds no more than his stop talking like your know all your probably have no idea about this topic at all.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 08:57 PM
And Iodine said it was clinical. Iodine was a close friend to him.

hahaha he did not say he was a "close" friend he said he knew him for a few years and met him in person only a few times. I doubt someone who met him only a few times would know his clinical depression history.

NYtilIdie
08-08-2012, 08:57 PM

No, if a person states an ignorant statement like you've done numerous times in this thread, then its still ignorant thus making your opinion wrong.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Actually no, your opinion holds no more than his stop talking like your know all your probably have no idea about this topic at all.

I do knew alot about depression, a bit to much about it. I understand the extremely difficult place that a person can be in from depression. I feel no need to justify my qualifications to you, nor would it matter. I am right and I apologize if you don't enjoy being wrong.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:01 PM
No, if a person states an ignorant statement like you've done numerous times in this thread, then its still ignorant thus making your opinion wrong.

Actually your completely wrong do you even know the definition of an opinion? obviously not so I school you real quick. an opinion is defined as a "view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". Therefore everyones opinion is their own their is no "right" or "wrong" people form opinions based on their views and beliefs on a subject through personal experience and learning. So stop attacking people YOU are ignorant, read a book.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I do knew alot about depression, a bit to much about it. I understand the extremely difficult place that a person can be in from depression. I feel no need to justify my qualifications to you, nor would it matter. I am right and I apologize if you don't enjoy being wrong.

Well then I know plenty about clinical depression and I am right, and I dont apologize if you dont enjoy being wrong. Good day sir. :clap:

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Well then I know plenty about clinical depression and I am right, and I dont apologize if you dont enjoy being wrong. Good day sir. :clap:

You have shown me you have no clue what you are talking about.

Someone that understands depression, its different then being depressed, would not talk about it the way you do.

You are quoting someone trying to educate you and you are trying to sound smart (by using your ignorance) to strangers on the internet.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:05 PM

What are you right about? That an ill person committing suicide is a coward? It sure sounds like you know plenty, sadly it's all about how to sound stupid.

NYtilIdie
08-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Actually your completely wrong do you even know the definition of an opinion? obviously not so I school you real quick. an opinion is defined as a "view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". Therefore everyones opinion is their own their is no "right" or "wrong" people form opinions based on their views and beliefs on a subject through personal experience and learning. So stop attacking people YOU are ignorant, read a book.

Man you really schooled me there :rolleyes:

So I can say Robert Horry>Kobe Bryant and you can't do a damn thing about it because its my opinion thus making it never wrong because its my "personal beliefs"

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Man you really schooled me there :rolleyes:

So I can say Robert Horry>Kobe Bryant and you can't do a damn thing about it because its my opinion thus making it never wrong because its my "personal beliefs"

Exactly, now you are learning!!

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:08 PM
You have shown me you have no clue what you are talking about.

Someone that understands depression, its different then being depressed, would not talk about it the way you do.

You are quoting someone trying to educate you and you are trying to sound smart (by using your ignorance) to strangers on the internet.

:facepalm:

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:08 PM
hahaha he did not say he was a "close" friend he said he knew him for a few years and met him in person only a few times. I doubt someone who met him only a few times would know his clinical depression history.

He said it was a friend he knew for over 4 years. Sorry he didn't categorize in the juvenile terms a besty friends.

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Exactly, now you are learning!!

You only have 39 posts man up and post from your real account, you are clearly a coward using an alt.

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Try using words to make a point if you are capable.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:10 PM

Great well-rounded response. I'm glad to see your intelligent side coming out.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:12 PM
What are you right about? That an ill person committing suicide is a coward? It sure sounds like you know plenty, sadly it's all about how to sound stupid.

I have actually said numerous times that he is not a coward, that is distasteful. You cant have a debate when you don't even know what the other person is saying lol.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I have actually said numerous times that he is not a coward, that is distasteful. You cant have a debate when you don't even know what the other person is saying lol.

Distasteful? So you believe it but won't say it? Yep, he's the coward right?

Angry Norwegian
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Don't feed the trolls guys. Like Capt. Moroni said, nothing's sacred anymore. I wish the best for his family and those close to him.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Try using words to make a point if you are capable.

Out of all the posters who have commented on this thread, you are easily the one who has contributed nothing. From this point I wont reply to your posts because they are more annoying than educated.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Coming from the little guy who doesn't even know what an opinion is. It may be getting a bit late for you young one. Goodnight.

An opinion can be wrong. Just because someone can type words does not make then correct.

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Out of all the posters who have commented on this thread, you are easily the one who has contributed nothing. From this point I wont reply to your posts because they are more annoying than educated.

So rather than man up and defend your post that is only an emoticon you cry and run.

That is what cowards do. Better off without you reading my posts.

edit:

its funny because I know you'll reply to this proving your character and what your word means, people like you can't help themselves.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Distasteful? So you believe it but won't say it? Yep, he's the coward right?

No. I will not call him a coward because that is not what he is. He made a mistake, like everyone does. I am not crucifying him for a mistake, he just made a very poor choice and it will hurt those around him who loved him. Simple as that. Don't put words in my mouth, I do not want to be viewed as misinformed like you.

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2012, 09:21 PM
No. I will not call him a coward because that is not what he is. He made a mistake, like everyone does. I am not crucifying him for a mistake, he just made a very poor choice and it will hurt those around him who loved him. Simple as that. Don't put words in my mouth, I do not want to be viewed as misinformed like you.

The only way you won't sound misinformed on the depression issue is if you stop typing.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:21 PM
An opinion can be wrong. Just because someone can type words does not make then correct.

Once again, you do not understand the meaning of the word "opinion". Read it, study it, and understand it. A persons opinion is their belief! There is no disputing it go ask an english professor, actually go ask anyone who has even the least bit of education and they will tell you what an opinion is. Man did you even go to college?

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:25 PM

Then explain this.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Opinions are wrong all the time. I assume you do know that the world isn't flat, cause at one point it was the opinion/belief that it was.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Then explain this.

Yea exactly I never said he is a coward, thanks for proving my point. Maybe there is hope for you after all. Goodnight.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Yea exactly I never said he is a coward, thanks for proving my point. Maybe there is hope for you after all. Goodnight.

Oh god you're an idiot.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Opinions are wrong all the time. I assume you do know that the world isn't flat, cause at one point it was the opinion/belief that it was.

It's like talking about Gay rights. Some people say its ok, some don't like it. Is either one wrong, cuz they have a opinion. No.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
It's like talking about Gay rights. Some people say its ok, some don't like it. Is either one wrong, cuz they have a opinion. No.

A misinformed opinion is indeed wrong. Just because someone has a voice doesn't mean what they are saying isn't wrong. If I fully believed that the moon is made of cheese does that make me right? No.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM
A misinformed opinion is indeed wrong. Just because someone has a voice doesn't mean what they are saying isn't wrong. If I fully believed that the moon is made of cheese does that make me right? No.

Unless you have some type of evidence, that he had some type of disorder that caused him to do this then I will admit that I'm wrong.

But right now no one really knows what happen with him. Just cuz he killed himself he automatically has a extreme depression. I guess in order to kill himself he needs a type of depression. All I got from the article, is he wasn't mentally ill, and he was having personal problems. So that to me is, he couldn't deal with his problem which means it would be a "cop out".

We are having a argument on a realistic situation, not about the earth being flat, or the moon being made out of cheese. If I was the only one saying this, then yeah I would be wrong.

Baller1
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I've gone through a bit of depression, as recently as last year/beginning of this year. Never on a scale of this magnitude though; not even close to it.

While I agree that suicide is selfish and in some cases very cowardice, I also agree that depressing sucks and clearly consumes some people to a breaking point. I'm in the middle as far as my stance on the topic goes.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Unless you have some type of evidence, that he had some type of disorder that caused him to do this then I will admit that I'm wrong.

But right now no one really knows what happen with him. Just cuz he killed himself he automatically has a extreme depression. I guess in order to kill himself he needs a type of depression. All I got from the article, is he wasn't mentally ill, and he was having personal problems. So that to me is, he couldn't deal with his problem which means it would be a "cop out".

We are having a argument on a realistic situation, not about the earth being flat, or the moon being made out of cheese. If I was the only one saying this, then yeah I would be wrong.

There have been two friends of his on this site that said he had a mental illness.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I've gone through a bit of depression, as recently as last year/beginning of this year. Never on a scale of this magnitude though; not even close to it.

While I agree that suicide is selfish and in some cases very cowardice, I also agree that depressing sucks and clearly consumes some people to a breaking point. I'm in the middle as far as my stance on the topic goes.

The thing though is there are so many degrees of depression caused by different things. I've experienced clinical depression and have to receive medicine to help me. I understand how difficult it can be. I'm glad I had the outpouring of support I had or who knows what would of happend. Suicide was a very realistic and scary situation for me. As far as your situation, if you are still having issues don't wait. As tough a one thinks they are, it won't cure itself.

Evolution23
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM

I don't think you understand the tough circumstances some people have to face daily. Don't judge some one before you know their story.

Cromedome
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Other than being a "blogger"...did he have a real job with the NBA?

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 10:30 PM

Why should people do that? It has nothing to do with basketball. This is still related.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 10:34 PM
There have been two friends of his on this site that said he had a mental illness.

Yes, he suffered from depression of a chemical nature, no he never let that be an excuse. Is iodines quote

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Why should people do that? It has nothing to do with basketball. This is still related.

How is this related to basketball? Because he is a "Blogger". People complain so much about Dwight Howard threads, and this isn't even basketball related. Maybe in General discussions. I'm just saying soldiers risk there life everyday, that's why I hate when people post so much about Actors,Singers, or athletes in which they don't do anything for them, but soldiers risk there life everyday for them.

BcEuAbRsS
08-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes, he suffered from depression of a chemical nature, no he never let that be an excuse. Is iodines quote

That doesn't mean it didn't affect him. If he didn't use it add am excuse then it doesn't really sounds like he was a coward does it?

AndyfromNeptune
08-08-2012, 10:42 PM

Can people please seriously take this post into consideration before they post?

Let's keep the rest of this thread related to memories of the deceased.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 10:43 PM
"Tim was my friend, I knew him for 4ish years and met him in person several times."

Again, having only met the guy several times(Iodines words) I highly doubt he would know the mans full medical history/background or if he was clinically depress or not.

AndyfromNeptune
For those who want to argue about characterizing suicide there is a general discussion forum on Prosportsdaily where you can share your thoughts.

Other than that, let's keep the thread open only for the purpose of speaking about Timberwolves Blogger, Tim Allen.

kenzo400
How is this related to basketball? Because he is a "Blogger". People complain so much about Dwight Howard threads, and this isn't even basketball related. Maybe in General discussions. I'm just saying soldiers risk there life everyday, that's why I hate when people post so much about Actors,Singers, or athletes in which they don't do anything for them, but soldiers risk there life everyday for them.

Yes, because he is a blogger. He worked and talked about basketball. That was his professional job. It makes perfect sense. As for the rest of your comment, well obviously. But people want to hear gossip, not sad stories. It's just reality.

And the soldiers comment. Yeah it sucks that they have to risk their life, but they aren't really risking it for anybody. Other than US foreign policy interests, often ones that hurt most citizens.

AndyfromNeptune
Tim, rest in peace. The basketball and rest of the world will miss you. God Bless.

ImTheKing30
08-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, because he is a blogger. He worked and talked about basketball. That was his professional job. It makes perfect sense. As for the rest of your comment, well obviously. But people want to hear gossip, not sad stories. It's just reality.

And the soldiers comment. Yeah it sucks that they have to risk their life, but they aren't really risking it for anybody. Other than US foreign policy interests, often ones that hurt most citizens.

:facepalm: Ungrateful liberals....no respect for the ones risking their lives for us. Without a strong military we wouldn't be the country we are today with all these freedoms and the ability to do anything.

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 10:51 PM
:facepalm: Ungrateful liberals....no respect for the ones risking their lives for us. Without a strong military we wouldn't be the country we are today with all these freedoms and the ability to do anything.

Remember opinions. Hahaha

AndyfromNeptune
08-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Please keep this thread about the life of Tim Allen--nothing else.

NYtilIdie
08-08-2012, 10:58 PM

A moron once told me opinions are never wrong.

HeaTxRipZz
08-08-2012, 11:02 PM
RIP to this guy. Sad to hear what happened knowing I'm going through something similar with depression. The only thing I wonder is if he has ever tried to go to counseling or join one of those groups. Not going too into my personal life I've dealt with ALOT of close deaths my entire life among other things and I find it really hard to grieve, cope, etc. I've had close friends tell me that I should really try going to one of those group sessions or get into counseling because it usually helps. I just wonder if he had anyone around him to tell him to try that or even push him to try before he decided this was his only way out.

I also don't agree that suicide is cowardly depending on the situation. If you murder a bunch of people or rob a bank and you are seconds from going to jail and you kill yourself to avoid that then I say that's pretty cowardly. But if you are going through alot and you get to the point where you just see no point in living anymore it's really hard for me to say that's cowardly. Take it from a person going through it. I've went from being scared shitless of dying to slowly, day by day accepting death, and suicide in general. All in all very sad news RIP

thephoenixson28
08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
A moron once told me opinions are never wrong.

I will respect his opinion, but I ****en hate it. Hahaha. See how easy that was.

kenzo400
08-08-2012, 11:22 PM

Lol, you are not even making sense. When did i say i live in United States. Even if i did that comment would not apply. Just an uneducated opinion.

popo85
08-08-2012, 11:24 PM
sad story condolences to his family

Rego247
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
:facepalm: at the ****ing twats in this thread calling this guy coward.

Section#80
08-09-2012, 12:10 AM
His favourite Wolves player was Wayne Ellington.

thephoenixson28
08-09-2012, 12:44 AM
:facepalm: at the ****ing twats in this thread calling this guy coward.

What's a twat. Hahaha

Section#80
08-09-2012, 12:54 AM
What's a twat. Hahaha

http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/image_popup/ans7_vulva.jpg

thephoenixson28
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/image_popup/ans7_vulva.jpg

Is it a vagina, or a anus. Hahaha

Section#80
08-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Vagina.

Section#80
08-09-2012, 01:05 AM
You're a bit of an Anus too, though.

MTone8788
08-09-2012, 01:05 AM
People who are calling those who commit suicide are cowards are making a very obnoxious and ignorant generalization. If you truly have sympathy for the family and loved ones, you wouldn't be making such negative remarks. A person who brings their self to commit suicide is obviously not in a clear state of mind therefore I find it wrong to judge their character based on that alone.

blastmasta26
08-09-2012, 01:15 AM
I was going to say that broad generalizations such as the one about suicide always being an act of cowardice are usually wrong. But that is a generalization right there. So if generalizations are usually wrong, but I'm generalizing a generalization, is the original generalization right or wrong?

thephoenixson28
08-09-2012, 01:27 AM
You're a bit of an Anus too, though.

Eh, whatever floats your boat.

Gagan136
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Sad...RIP

USMCLaker
08-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Eh, whatever floats your boat.

You should want to kill yourself now that Nash is a Laker. Or don't you? You closet Laker fan.

Aust
08-10-2012, 05:27 AM
That was completely unnecessary man.

Don't necro threads

USMCLaker
08-10-2012, 07:31 AM
That was completely unnecessary man.

Don't necro threads

Don't worry Phoenixsoxfan28 is actually my little sister and we raz each other all the time, she doesn't take it personal at all, rip to the blogger though.

Munkeysuit
08-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I wonder if Heaven got a ghetto?

--23--
08-10-2012, 07:49 AM
i feel bad for his family

I wonder if Heaven got a ghetto?

:laugh2:

basketfan4life
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't know about your religion but i can say you this, i'm a Muslim and in my religion if you kill yourself you go to hell. Only with the exception of lunacy. If it comes out of lunacy and you have no idea/control of your actions you are forgiven. So, we don't know what this guy went trough! If he was lunatic and had a shining moment, what can i say, just a sad story.