PDA

View Full Version : If all of the best players of each team gets suspended, how will the season pan out?

LakersIn5
08-08-2012, 07:08 AM
lakers without kobe
bynum-gasol-mwp-ebanks-nash i think still is good enough to win the chip considering that okc will be without kd. miami i think has an upper hand though even without lebron.

dallas would regress the most without dirk

Trueblue2
08-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Without Kobe's contract we'd probably sign Barbosa and Meeks.

tcav701
08-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Intersting convo...

I think the Spurs would have the best shot without Tony Parker/Ginobli depending on who you think is better. Or the Cetlics with Terry running point.

Pacers would have a shot as well without Granger considering all other teams would be without their star.

Slimsim
08-08-2012, 08:26 AM
hmm no Iman Shumperts we should be a 8th seed

LongIslandIcedZ
08-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Assuming that the contracts cant be replaced, I think the Lakers would probably be the best in the league. I cant think of any team that would even compete with them, but it is early, I'm probably forgetting someone.

BobbyHillSwag
08-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Probably heat still.

King Drew
08-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Idk I like the pacers chance. even though they just lost Collison so Idk.

DR_1
08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Magic will regress the most IMO
Lakers would be the best team
Bulls wouldn't be bad, same with the Spurs and Thunder

Hawkeye15
08-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Love off the Wolves. Even with the additions they have made, looking at maybe 20 wins.

Cal827
08-08-2012, 10:33 AM
No way Miami or OKC get back up there, I love Wade and Bosh but that team would be too flat and struggle defensively. One reason bosh was able to move to the C was because of lebrons defense. They prob still nake playoffs.

OKC would regress most imo. No durant means absolutely no front court presence whatsoever... Or especially non as dominant

LA would get the vote from me.

BKLYNpigeon
08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Denver would win it all.

they dont have any superstars so they wouldnt lose any players.

Teeboy1487
08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
The Heat would still win. Wade and Bosh surrounded by all of that 3 point shooting will be too much for the rest of the league without their top stars.

RaiderLakersA's
08-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Denver would win it all.

they dont have any superstars so they wouldnt lose any players.

I believe the OP indicated "best player," not just the superstar.

I find it ironic that for all of the crap that Kobe takes on this forum, everyone so far still thinks that he's the best player on the Lakers.

While I agree that the Lakers would come out of the West if every team lost their best player, for conversation's sake I'll say that either Bynum (if healthy) or Pau (if used properly) are the best players on the Lakers right now. I'll let you decide which one and list the final roster.

dee279
08-08-2012, 11:33 AM

I find it ironic that for all of the crap that Kobe takes on this forum, everyone so far still thinks that he's the best player on the Lakers.

While I agree that the Lakers would come out of the West if every team lost their best player, for conversation's sake I'll say that either Bynum (if healthy) or Pau (if used properly) are the best players on the Lakers right now. I'll let you decide which one and list the final roster.

Um no, its Kobe

thekmp211
08-08-2012, 11:45 AM
the bobcats, they wouldn't lose anyone

KnickaBocka.44
08-08-2012, 11:56 AM

LOL you pretty much just said that it is debatable who is better between Pau and Kobe. That's crazy. Especially from a Laker fan.

IndyRealist
08-08-2012, 01:11 PM
hmm no Iman Shumperts we should be a 8th seed

:confused:

IndyRealist
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm taking "best" player to be "most important" player, so if the Pacers lost Roy Hibbert, we'd be in the mid lottery. We've only got unproven, less talented players behind him and would be giving major minutes to our rookie. Without Roy we still have a great team to run n' gun, but our defense would be non-existent.

knickfan33
08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
your dumb.

sunnydayin'zona
08-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Lakers would be the best team in the league. Nash feeding to Bynum and Gasol without giving touches to Kobe would be beautiful.

bearadonisdna
08-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Bulls would win the championship.

blastmasta26
08-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Lakers look the best. Pacers, Nuggets, Celtics, and Spurs are some teams that can do well due to depth but they don't have quite enough talent to match up. Nuggets, Celtics, and Spurs would regress significantly without the PG who runs everything (Lawson, Rondo, Parker). The Pacers would lose an important piece on both ends with Granger, but they could still have a shot if Paul George took the next step towards stardom quickly.

tcav701
08-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Bulls would win the championship.

Did they not get knocked out by the sixers without Rose?

I cant put the Bulls on my list for this one.

naps
08-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Wade as the primary option with Bosh, Allen and other Miami role players? Seems deadly to me. Lakers will be pretty good too. Nash would have field day with Gasol and Bynum.

Section#80
08-09-2012, 06:13 AM
your dumb.

You're Dumb.

Section#80
08-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Lopez
Humphries
Wallace
Johnson
Watson

Eh.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Not being a homer but ive only seen one mention of the Celtics... KG/Wilcox, Bass/Sully PP/Green, Bradley/Lee , Terry/Dooling.... no? PP would play a lot of point forward

RaiderLakersA's
08-09-2012, 12:02 PM
LOL you pretty much just said that it is debatable who is better between Pau and Kobe. That's crazy. Especially from a Laker fan.

No, what I said is that I am taking Kobe out of the equation in order to discuss some other members on the squad. These discussions get rather boring when the obvious is, well, obvious.