PDA

View Full Version : When The Clippers Get To The WCF This Year....

The Redemption
08-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Will people be happy for them? Upset? Jealous? I think it's going to be awesome personally because it will be nice to see that team have success finally. I think they have a great shot against OKC as well.

D12 fan
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
WTF did I just read.

OKC/SA/LAL will be tough to beat.

justinnum1
08-07-2012, 09:31 PM
i can see LAC/OKC wcf

The Redemption
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
i can see LAC/OKC wcf

Which would go to 7 probably. Clippers have done very nicely against OKC last 3 seasons or so. I get to watch about 20-30 Clippers games a year (my second team) and make sure to catch Clippers vs OKC.

Blitzbolt
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
We(Grizzlies )want revenge Hopelly the NBA stops all the Flopping first.

The Redemption
08-07-2012, 09:35 PM
We(Grizzlies want revenge)Hopelly the NBA stops all the Flopping first.

Flopping had absolutely zero to do with that series though. Both teams flopped quite a bit and the refs let them play through it. Neither team was getting calls for those flops so it's not really important to point out.

D12 fan
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Flopping had absolutely zero to do with that series though. Both teams flopped quite a bit and the refs let them play through it. Neither team was getting calls for those flops so it's not really important to point out.

Don't know what series you were watching but the Clippers flopped their way to victory in every game.

*CP3 is now the NBA flop master.

The Redemption
08-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Don't know what series you were watching but the Clippers flopped their way to victory in every game.

*CP3 is now the NBA flop master.

Weird. I didn't realize you could flop your way back from a 27 point lead and win a game on the road. Or flop your way to two other road victories in which the home team got significantly more whistles and free throws. Learn something new every day around these parts :rolleyes:

LakersMaster24
08-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Lets talk when they pop their 2nd Round Cherry.

Blitzbolt
08-07-2012, 09:58 PM

You are blind the Clipps Flop them selfs to victory especially in LA.

The Grizzlies got more FT because they where dead Last in 3 point shooting and number 2 in points in the paint.While The Clipps where a jump shooting team.

The Redemption
08-07-2012, 09:59 PM
You are blind the Clipps Flop them selfs to victory especially in LA.

They won two games in Memphis. Half of their wins on the road so your complaint is sad.

Jarvo
08-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't see the Clippers going to the WCF, But they did flop a hell of alot in that series aganist the Griz. Not saying it's the reason they won but they got ALOT of calls. But the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs and I'll take the Griz as better teams, But we will have to wait and see that's why they play the game.

Dade County
I believe this might happen OP

NBA = Entertainment

They need to have Cp3 resign with the Clippers ... their hype machine B. Griffin is a cash cow for the league ( half white half black ).

The league will not let this Clippers team just be another team that makes the playoffs and get bounced year after year with no real title hopes.

Blitzbolt
They won two games in Memphis. Half of their wins on the road so your complaint is sad.

The Clipps played better especially the game 1 miracle but to say they did not FLOP is crazy Evans and CP3 flop in almost every play.

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
i'll be jealous because you know who wanted to be on my team.

I Rock Shaqs
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
When the raptors get to the quarter-finals this year.....

Jarvo
08-07-2012, 10:13 PM
i'll be jealous because you know who wanted to be on my team.

Shouldn't be, Knicks will be fine.

ThunderousDemon
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
When the raptors get to the quarter-finals this year.....

Are you a girl or do you play for the other team?

Losoway
08-07-2012, 10:18 PM
i think it can happen . if deandre jordan can step up

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 10:28 PM

it be better if girl lol:D

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Shouldn't be, Knicks will be fine.

Really? are you really Breaking Bad?:D

D12 fan
08-07-2012, 10:31 PM

:laugh:I always wanted to ask him/her that.

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
:laugh:I always wanted to ask him/her that.

i think the Dwade picture answers that. and plus he asked if i was on HIS team and i was like ewww no...

Method28
08-07-2012, 10:38 PM
My goodness...really guys (and potentially girl.)

The Clips flopped their way to a SERIES victory? A series that was heavily in favor of fouls n fts for the Grizz? :rolleyes:

STL Don
08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
As far as moving forward in the playoffs go for LAC, they still have a lot of questions to be answered.
We already know what we're getting from there two best players in Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Obviously they're going to be ready and I'm sure there going to have great seasons in just there 2nd year together. No argument against that.
What they need to hope for is Odom coming in and returning to the form he had with the other team in LA. If he can come close to that production, that right there is a big plus.
Also, will Chauncey Billups stay healthy and contribute the way he did at the beginning of last season? Will Jamal Crawford coexist in the backcourt with Paul and have a good season? How much more does Grant Hill have left to offer? Is DeAndre Jordan ready to make a bigger impact?
These are a lot of questions that cannot be answered until the season starts and we've seen how well they can mesh together.
I believe the talent is there and their ceiling is very high but there's a ton of competition there going to have to face and a lot still to prove, so we'll see what happens.

D12 fan
08-07-2012, 10:44 PM
i think the Dwade picture answers that. and plus he asked if i was on HIS team and i was like ewww no...

:laugh:

DJiC
08-07-2012, 10:47 PM
1. cp3 best shot at a championship was when he was win tyson and west....ill take that trio over blake/deandre/cp all day.... blake is a one trick pony...dunk it or spin to the left and dunk it...no consistent jumper on the mid range like west had and jordan offense is almost to the point of being a liability....
crawford will be interesting considering him and cp3 both want the ball in their hands....as for chauncy maybe age will catch up to him and hill....
2. grant hill will get about 12-15 min a game which should help him out as the season goes on... if the clippers make it past the lakers/okc/sas i will be shocked but they wont be winning the trophy anytime soon so long as the heat have the big 3 and if their players keep getting better i.e chalmers/cole....

Method28
08-07-2012, 10:47 PM
@StlDon....

Great insight from a non-clipper fan there.

We have so many new parts that we could be vastly improved....or we could take a step backwards.

I have no doubt that the chemistry between the starting 5 will have improved due to time and experiences. However, Crawford and Odom are the wild cards. Odom needs to be better than Martin was and Crawford needs to be better than Mo was last year essentially. This team has GREAT potential but I feel we really only know what we're gonna get out of Paul, Griffin, Turiaf and Hill.

Bledsoe should improve but will he?
Butler cant possibly play as horrid as he did last season right?
Crawford and Odom.....who knows.
Jordan? Pfffttt....he's a big key right there....no excuses....dude needs to up his all around game.
Is billups going to stay healthy?

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 10:48 PM
1. cp3 best shot at a championship was when he was win tyson and west....ill take that trio over blake/deandre/cp all day.... blake is a one trick pony...dunk it or spin to the left and dunk it...no consistent jumper on the mid range like west had and jordan offense is almost to the point of being a liability....
crawford will be interesting considering him and cp3 both want the ball in their hands....as for chauncy maybe age will catch up to him and hill....
2. grant hill will get about 12-15 min a game which should help him out as the season goes on... if the clippers make it past the lakers/okc/sas i will be shocked but they wont be winning the trophy anytime soon so long as the heat have the big 3 and if their players keep getting better i.e chalmers/cole....

possibly tyson onn the east if knicks play cards right...

Hawkeye15
08-07-2012, 10:51 PM
If Billups is back healthy, they have a nice rotation on the wings of Crawford, Billups, Paul, Butler, Hill, and those are upgrades over Butler getting a lot of minutes, with Ryan Gomes and Randy Foye not getting it done at the 2-3. Hell, they needed Nick Young to come alive to stay in the playoffs at times. Up front, if Odom even resembles what he was before his lost year in Dallas where he was a dumpy teenage girl, they now have depth up front that only needs to be covered by Blake taking another step and rebounding with the best.

I can easily see them at top 4 seed, and into the WCF's if the draw goes right and they don't have major injuries.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2012, 10:52 PM
The Clips defense at the PG, SF (when Hill is in), and C are going to be fairly strong. If they can just keep healthy, they look pretty tough.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Lets talk when they pop their 2nd Round Cherry.

This is an official :facepalm: thread...when? idk maybe when they purchase their tickets on time they wont have to get lil wayne'd i fuggin lmao when i seen the title say what you want about what i said i dont friggin care because this is the last time you see me in this tread....when? :laugh:

Cal827
08-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks we will likely have an All-LA WCF?

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks we will likely have an All-LA WCF?

just depends on what mode you put NBA 2k on...

Cal827
08-07-2012, 11:11 PM
just depends on what mode you put NBA 2k on...

:laugh: Touche Sir.

Ty Fast
08-07-2012, 11:18 PM
heat's winnin the ship this yr so it dosnt matter who does what!!!

Auseranami
08-07-2012, 11:21 PM
The clips got BOUNCED by the older, slower, less talented spurs last year. What chance do they have against a much better lakers team, an ever growing okc squad, and the same pesky spurs? I give them as much of a chance as the wolves...

Method28
08-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Much better Lakers team? Lol

Chronz
08-07-2012, 11:30 PM
The clips got BOUNCED by the older, slower, less talented spurs last year. What chance do they have against a much better lakers team, an ever growing okc squad, and the same pesky spurs? I give them as much of a chance as the wolves...

Clips were injury riddled at their most important positions and Blake was in his first post season. They have hopefully added to that core and should be able to compete.

b@llhog24
08-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Any success that falls Cp3's way is good with me.

Clippersfan86
08-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Hawkeye dropping some serious knowledge up in this thread. LOL at the Lakers fan who said "How could they possibly get by the Lakers??". The Spurs were significantly better than the Lakers last year so not sure how that's relevant.

SteBO
08-07-2012, 11:49 PM
The Clippers have really good depth on the wings. I liked the trade for Willie Green for them, the Grant Hill signing, the Chauncey Billups re-signing, the Turiaf signing for the sake of having a backup big to DeAndre Jordan, and the Lamer Odom signing. I like the roster balance, but I believe a lot will hinge on Blake Griffin's development on offense.

GREATNESS ONE
08-07-2012, 11:52 PM
They definitely have a shot but they will have to get through some tough teams.

SteBO
08-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Personally, I think the Clippers if you just put the rosters up against each other barring injury, match a lot better with the Thunder than they do the Lakers. OKC doesn't have a low post threat to make Griffin or Jordan work on defense. The Lakers just have too much skill down low with Pau & Bynum. It'll be a matter of if they use that advantage to it's fullest, which sadly they don't do enough, which is probably self-inflictive by both players.

THE MTL
08-08-2012, 12:08 AM
If Clippers can make it to the WCF, they fully deserve it it would mean that they have gotten thru two of the likes of LAL, SAS, OKC, and MEM.

STL Don
08-08-2012, 12:11 AM

I had stopped reading after that.

MrfadeawayJB
08-08-2012, 12:12 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

nickdymez
08-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Lakers got steve nash...

MrfadeawayJB
08-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I dont see them making it to the WCF because the west is too stacked! It is really up for grabs but i think there will be chemistry issues in LAC (just a hunch)

JLynn943
08-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't be happy for them. They're in the Kings' division and I don't like a bunch of their players, so I'd rather see someone else win.

Gritz
08-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Lol @ the thread title

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 01:50 AM
I dont see them making it to the WCF because the west is too stacked! It is really up for grabs but i think there will be chemistry issues in LAC (just a hunch)

So one of the most tight knit teams if not THE most tight knit team in the NBA is going to somehow have random chemistry issues? Both Hill and Crawford said a big part of joining the team was the family atmosphere and comradery among the players. As for west being too deep the Clippers have the firepower to knock them all off. OKC and Memphis are good matchups for the Clippers. Lakers and Sours are harder to match up with.

I expect Spurs to take a step back while the Clippers take one forward. Odds are against the Clippers being obliterated by injuries come playoff time like last year so I'm not worried about San Antonio much. The only team I feel is a flat out bad matchup among the western conference elite is the Lakers. That's because Bynum is a Clippers killer and Kobe seems to have his way with our undersized SG's in recent years.

Longhornfan1234
08-08-2012, 01:59 AM
The same CP3 that got swept while playing alongside a top 25 player and stacked bench? Not everyone can rise their game up in the playoffs...like my boy Rondo.

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 02:01 AM
The same CP3 that got swept while playing alongside a top 25 player and stacked bench? Not everyone can rise their game up in the playoffs...like my boy Rondo.

Yup the same guy that was putting up 23.5 ppg, 11 apg, 5 rpg and 3 spg on elite efficiency in the playoffs before his groin injury in game 4. You ever play with a severe groin pull? I have. It literally makes it to where you can't do jack on the court without very bad pain and mobility with that injury is complete ****. For a PG like CP3 where he's already not particularly quick/fast that's a crippling thing to have to deal with.

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Nice to finally have another Clipper thread since there is no longer a Clipper forum. I really wish the thread title said "IF"...I don't like any rah rah Clipper championship talk. It's not our time yet. I do think the Clippers have a chance but it's a slim one with VDN as coach and I am a VDN supporter. I just wish Clipper fans sounded more educated than some other teams fans and the title of this thread doesn't help that.

Other thoughts about what has been said in this thread. Flopping. Just drop it. It's part of the game. It had ZERO to do with the win in the Memphis series. The Grizz got WAY more calls. I'll admit the team flopped so much that they stopped getting calls. I don't mind that. I want them to stop flopping so much. There was one awful flop by Reggie and everyone acts like that was the whole series. Blake got hammered all series and played through it hurt. So was CP3. Clipps earned that one. Better team won. Get over it!

As for my actual analysis of the Western Conference based on what has been said in this thread. The Spurs and OKC have not improved the roster. Memphis has probably regressed. OKC may become better with experience, The Spurs are a year older. They could regress. Clipps could overtake them. The Lakers did add Steve Nash, but if your 3 biggest threats have Westbrook, Parker and CP3, I'm not sure you didn't also create a weakness defending the most elite PG's. I don't think the Lakers roster improved as much as the Clippers.

When it comes to playoff basketball, especially anything after Round 2, I don't see the Clippers being ready yet. It doesn't matter to me. I LOVE being able to have serious conversation about the Clippers being a Championship contender. They may not be there yet but they are good enough to be in the conversation! I always knew it would happen but not with a long term window like this team should have!!

The Clippers should be a HUGE factor in the regular season. Historically The Lakers sleep walk through a lot of the regular season. I believe the Clippers are the favorites to win the division. I even think they can challenge OKC for the #1 seed. When it to comes to playoff basketball...I don't think they are there yet. I can see them raising their first banner, however not the one the OP suggests.

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Nice to finally have another Clipper thread since there is no longer a Clipper forum. I really wish the thread title said "IF"...I don't like any rah rah Clipper championship talk. It's not our time yet. I do think the Clippers have a chance but it's a slim one with VDN as coach and I am a VDN supporter. I just wish Clipper fans sounded more educated than some other teams fans and the title of this thread doesn't help that.

Other thoughts about what has been said in this thread. Flopping. Just drop it. It's part of the game. It had ZERO to do with the win in the Memphis series. The Grizz got WAY more calls. I'll admit the team flopped so much that they stopped getting calls. I don't mind that. I want them to stop flopping so much. There was one awful flop by Reggie and everyone acts like that was the whole series. Blake got hammered all series and played through it hurt. So was CP3. Clipps earned that one. Better team won. Get over it!

As for my actual analysis of the Western Conference based on what has been said in this thread. The Spurs and OKC have not improved the roster. Memphis has probably regressed. OKC may become better with experience, The Spurs are a year older. They could regress. Clipps could overtake them. The Lakers did add Steve Nash, but if your 3 biggest threats have Westbrook, Parker and CP3, I'm not sure you didn't also create a weakness defending the most elite PG's. I don't think the Lakers roster improved as much as the Clippers.

When it comes to playoff basketball, especially anything after Round 2, I don't see the Clippers being ready yet. It doesn't matter to me. I LOVE being able to have serious conversation about the Clippers being a Championship contender. They may not be there yet but they are good enough to be in the conversation! I always knew it would happen but not with a long term window like this team should have!!

The Clippers should be a HUGE factor in the regular season. Historically The Lakers sleep walk through a lot of the regular season. I believe the Clippers are the favorites to win the division. I even think they can challenge OKC for the #1 seed. When it to comes to playoff basketball...I don't think they are there yet. I can see them raising their first banner, however not the one the OP suggests.

So you get to the 2nd round despite EXTREMELY tough competition and having your 5 best players injured with pretty substantial injuries (Billups out even) and you don't expect a healthier, more filled in and balanced roster getting one round further? Doesn't make sense to me. If all the teams you picked declined and the Clippers improved as much as you said... WCF appearance shouldn't be a stretch at all.

NaSh-sanity
08-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Cp3,blake, wade, harden make the 1st team all flop team, along with king James as the three time nba flop MVP.

NaSh-sanity
08-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I like the clips tho hahahah

naps
08-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Big CP3 fan but they have no shot against OKC in a 7 game playoff series.

Giants-49ers-Ws
08-08-2012, 03:01 AM
not happening

Method28
08-08-2012, 03:21 AM

IMO The Clips match up way better with OKC than with any other Western "Powerhouse."

Lakerhead4ever
08-08-2012, 03:48 AM
while the clipps do look really good on paper, im personally not impressed with the clippers roster/upgrades.

their front court makes me laugh, but their strongest game will be their bench. they are very deep. hope no one gets injured.

Aust
08-08-2012, 05:35 AM
IF they make it to the WCF I won't be happy for them. I'll be happy for their fans though

flatbush knicks
08-08-2012, 06:54 AM
lmao the clippers won't get out the first round depending on seeding but if they do then ther not getting past the lakers or thunder end of discussion and cp3 will want to be on the knicks after they lose lmao

tcav701
08-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Huh?

They are the 4th best team in the west at best.

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 09:24 AM
while the clipps do look really good on paper, im personally not impressed with the clippers roster/upgrades.

their front court makes me laugh, but their strongest game will be their bench. they are very deep. hope no one gets injured.

Yea because Griffin, Jordan, Odom and Turiaf isn't one of the most solid front courts in the NBA :facepalm:.

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 09:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdPlmARbok

They beat OKC 3-1 last year including twice in OKC and two wins were without Billups. They split 2-2 year before including a 3 point loss in OKC and had the bigger differentials in the series. OKC doesn't worry me just like I told people the Grizzlies don't worry me last year. It's the Lakers and Spurs who match up well with the Clippers.

They beat the Thunder twice in three days at very end of the season and that was with players out. The last game they smoked OKC by 15, holding OKC to one or two field goals and 5 points in the 4th. If you think it's just a fluke look up Harden's, Durant's and Westbrook's averages combined over the last 3 years and you'll see significantly lower averages against the Clippers than any other team. Durant had a strong year against the Clippers this year but sucked balls the two years before. Westbrook and Harden get shutdown by the Clippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVykp2QMro

OKC just doesn't match up well because the Clippers can match and raise their athleticism and speed which is their biggest edge over teams like the Spurs and Lakers.

Iron24th
08-08-2012, 09:39 AM
OKC, LAL, SA are still ahead of LAC.

Iron24th
08-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Yea because Griffin, Jordan, Odom and Turiaf isn't one of the most solid front courts in the NBA :facepalm:.

Jordan, Odom and Turiaf are very inconsistents.

But they have some talent for sure.

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
OKC, LAL, SA are still ahead of LAC.

If Clippers get Grizzlies then Thunder in the first two rounds and Lakers get let's say Nuggets and Spurs.... that will probably lead to a Lakers vs Clippers WCF :D. As for "ahead" it's way too soon to definitively say that kind of stuff. Clippers with Billups were among those elite teams and were the number 1 offense and number 2 seed in the west.

It's all about health and matchups when teams are this close. If Clippers come up against Memphis and OKC and are relatively healthy come playoff time I love their chances.

Iron24th
08-08-2012, 09:52 AM
If Clippers get Grizzlies then Thunder in the first two rounds and Lakers get let's say Nuggets and Spurs.... that will probably lead to a Lakers vs Clippers WCF :D. As for "ahead" it's way too soon to definitively say that kind of stuff. Clippers with Billups were among those elite teams and were the number 1 offense and number 2 seed in the west.

It's all about health and matchups when teams are this close. If Clippers come up against Memphis and OKC and are relatively healthy come playoff time I love their chances.

Agree, when I said "ahead", I mean potentially, like OKC is potentially better than LAL, but who knows, games have to be played and on the court they can prove me wrong, no doubt.

Iron24th
08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Would be great for the city of LA to have a WCF featuring Lakers and Clippers, a 7 games series in staples center.

JiffyMix88
08-08-2012, 10:20 AM
what the title should of said was....

When the Clippers get to the WCF this year the Clippers would now have more fans than the Lakers.

Clippersfan86
08-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Would be great for the city of LA to have a WCF featuring Lakers and Clippers, a 7 games series in staples center.

I hope it happens man. Clippers and Lakers fans especially have been waiting for it. It would be good for LA and the entire NBA

LongIslandIcedZ
08-08-2012, 10:35 AM
How awesome would a Lakers-Clippers WCF and a Knicks-Nets ECF.

Knicks-Lakers Finals

David Stern would be so happy with that finals.

seikou8
08-08-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdPlmARbok

They beat OKC 3-1 last year including twice in OKC and two wins were without Billups. They split 2-2 year before including a 3 point loss in OKC and had the bigger differentials in the series. OKC doesn't worry me just like I told people the Grizzlies don't worry me last year. It's the Lakers and Spurs who match up well with the Clippers.

They beat the Thunder twice in three days at very end of the season and that was with players out. The last game they smoked OKC by 15, holding OKC to one or two field goals and 5 points in the 4th. If you think it's just a fluke look up Harden's, Durant's and Westbrook's averages combined over the last 3 years and you'll see significantly lower averages against the Clippers than any other team. Durant had a strong year against the Clippers this year but sucked balls the two years before. Westbrook and Harden get shutdown by the Clippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVykp2QMro

OKC just doesn't match up well because the Clippers can match and raise their athleticism and speed which is their biggest edge over teams like the Spurs and Lakers.

regular season match ups yawn come on

Pakman
08-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Clippers fans are so annoying.

twin4life
08-08-2012, 11:43 AM
LOL they couldnt even beat the Wolves last year..

SteBO
08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Why so disrespectful to the Clips? They have some solid depth at every position, and if they can keep healthy they can very much go deep in the playoffs. My only concern in regards to them outside of remaining healthy is how small their backcourt is w/ Paul, Billups, Crawford, and Nick Young.

KnickaBocka.44
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Blake Griffin has to add a second dimension to his game on offense if the clippers want any chance of making it to the WCF

meloman1592
08-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I think the clippers could come out the west...

seikou8
08-08-2012, 12:28 PM
will people be jealous when knicks make the ecf, see how easy it is to say it but doing it is a whole other issue.

Vinylman
08-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I am not a clipper fan at all and pretty much can't stand Donald Sterling for being such a cheap POS forever...

with that said, the clippers have a legitimate chance of making the conference finals... it might only be a 20-25% chance but if things come together in terms of player growth and other teams struggles/injuries it CAN happen...

I doubt it will but to say it won't or can't is patently ignorant.

koreancabbage
08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
will people be jealous when knicks make the ecf, see how easy it is to say it but doing it is a whole other issue.

you should make a thread about it. LOL

i don't see why the Clippers or Knicks couldn't make it to the conference finals. and as long they finish 2 or 3 in their respective conference standings. if they are 4th or below, they have a harder chance to. I just don't see them winning a 7 game series against OKC or MIA, respectively.

RLundi
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Easy there, slugger.

seikou8
08-08-2012, 12:55 PM
you should make a thread about it. LOL

i don't see why the Clippers or Knicks couldn't make it to the conference finals. and as long they finish 2 or 3 in their respective conference standings. if they are 4th or below, they have a harder chance to. I just don't see them winning a 7 game series against OKC or MIA, respectively.

agreed

He115ing
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
cool story bro

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2012, 05:10 PM
So you get to the 2nd round despite EXTREMELY tough competition and having your 5 best players injured with pretty substantial injuries (Billups out even) and you don't expect a healthier, more filled in and balanced roster getting one round further? Doesn't make sense to me. If all the teams you picked declined and the Clippers improved as much as you said... WCF appearance shouldn't be a stretch at all.I don't know if you read my whole post. I wrote I could see them getting the #1 seed. I understand the team is improved but it hasn't improved enough to be the favorites. Hell I think we "COULD" win the whole damn thing. I just wouldn't go starting threads saying "when we win"...it's cocky. I hate when fans have that attitude. Fact of the matter is the Clippers are still probably the 4th best playoff basketball team in the West. Anyone saying anything other than that is not looking objectively at the other 3 teams. They have still proven a lot more and are better built for the playoffs.

lmao the clippers won't get out the first round depending on seeding but if they do then ther not getting past the lakers or thunder end of discussion and cp3 will want to be on the knicks after they lose lmaoYea, you're not smart. Clipper are better than the Knicks. We're not talking about an 8th seed in the weaker confrence who gave up 2 good young players for 40 olds, one being an alcoholic. We're talking about a team that won a series in the West and got better. Not sure how the Knicks are in a championship conversation. As for CP3. :facepalm: Chances are 1000 times better Melo demands a trade to the Clipps than CP3 leaving to sign with the Knicks as a FA.

NBAFan2012
08-08-2012, 05:20 PM
This forum will explode with Clipper flopping threads every other second. They will find every possible excuse to discredit them like if the Clippers are the only team in the history of the NBA to flop. Ignoring instances like when Zach Randolph slapped black griffin across the neck with his arms last playoffs and nothing was called. The Grizzlies tried to punk the Clippers, tried to get dirty, and they still lost. Lost in epic fashion.

Flopping was to blame for giving up a 27 point lead in game 1 too right? or losing game 7 at home right?

With greatness comes hate, it happened with The Heat, and is now happening to the Clippers. THEY CAN DO NO RIGHT in anyones eyes and that is perfectly fine.

Hate is pathetic and I personally am ready to see them get to the WCF and hopefully Beat the Thunder since they had an easy time with them last season. Just to see the crying and whining here would be worth it

NBAFan2012
08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Oh and did I just read the Knicks making the ECF? haha Wow. The Knicks are pathetic a team as there is and as long as Knick fans are delusional in seeing the problem is Carmelo nothing is going to change. The Knicks are like the new age Clippers the only difference is the Knicks actually have talent and their fans actually have hope which makes them even more hated and eh heartbreak even greater when they fail like they do every year.

NBAFan2012
08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Why so disrespectful to the Clips? They have some solid depth at every position, and if they can keep healthy they can very much go deep in the playoffs. My only concern in regards to them outside of remaining healthy is how small their backcourt is w/ Paul, Billups, Crawford, and Nick Young.

First people felt sorry for the Clippers for sucking and hated Donald Sterling, now that they are good people hate them for being good and still hate Donald Sterling. In this make believe world known as the internet people always complain and are never happy. Look around.

NBAFan2012
08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
LOL they couldnt even beat the Wolves last year..

Good thing they wont have to play the Wolves in the playoffs huh
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

( I dont use lol but I am using it just to make fun of you for using it. )

JordansBulls
08-08-2012, 11:36 PM
If the Clippers got to the finals that would be remarkable.

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Good thing they wont have to play the Wolves in the playoffs huh
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

( I dont use lol but I am using it just to make fun of you for using it. )

LOL! We got pwned by Phoenix too!

bedford1829
08-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Ummmm did I miss something? When did the Clippers become favorites for the WCF???

To me they are going to be very good but flawed......

I got dollars to pesos that there will be very few times that they have their full compliment of players healthy and on the floor at the same time...

Blake and CP3 are too fragile IMO; not too mention but didnt Blake pull a houdini disappearing act in the 2nd round last year?

seikou8
08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh and did I just read the Knicks making the ECF? haha Wow. The Knicks are pathetic a team as there is and as long as Knick fans are delusional in seeing the problem is Carmelo nothing is going to change. The Knicks are like the new age Clippers the only difference is the Knicks actually have talent and their fans actually have hope which makes them even more hated and eh heartbreak even greater when they fail like they do every year.

:facepalm::facepalm:

mdm692
08-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Talk about an overrated team.

mdm692
08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
LOL! We got pwned by Phoenix too!

Then you better hope we don't make the playoffs cause like you said Phx has the Clips number. Before everybody brings Nash in this topic, one of the victories was on the road in the 2nd night of a back-to-back-to-back with Nash AND Hill sitting out the game.

Cracka2HI!
08-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Ummmm did I miss something? When did the Clippers become favorites for the WCF???

To me they are going to be very good but flawed......

I got dollars to pesos that there will be very few times that they have their full compliment of players healthy and on the floor at the same time...

Blake and CP3 are too fragile IMO; not too mention but didnt Blake pull a houdini disappearing act in the 2nd round last year?I think the team has enough depth for everyone to be healthy come playoff time. Hell Willie Green will be 11th man once Billups is healthy. I think he was 6th or 7th man on a playoff team last season! I see your point about CP3 and Blake and for that reason I would limit them to 30 minutes a game most nights.

Then you better hope we don't make the playoffs cause like you said Phx has the Clips number. Before everybody brings Nash in this topic, one of the victories was on the road in the 2nd night of a back-to-back-to-back with Nash AND Hill sitting out the game.Wasn't gonna bring up Nash, I remember that game. Phoenix did well, wish you guys would have gotten EJ!

flatbush knicks
08-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Lmao how are the clippers better then the knicks you guys don't have a closer like melo and Deandre Jordan isn't even half the player Tyson Chandler is also our bench is way deeper then yours when shump comes back

Heediot
08-09-2012, 09:17 AM
DeAndre Jordan needs to step up and continue to develop. he has all the physical tools, but his bball iq sucks. IF he could add to his game, he's the ex-factor.

Both DJ and Blake should continue to get better. This must also be added to any analysis.

They have a good chance as anyone out West. OKC is a favorable match-up for them, I don't care what any of you tools who don't look at match-ups say. LAL and SA will continue to give them fits. LAL can beat em' down low, and SA ball movement was too much for an injury riddled team last year. For the latter team, hopefully Billups, Paul and Crawford are healthy enough to get to the line and slow down the Spurs momentum. In the series last year, the Clippers couldn't get to the line effectively. They are deeper and more experienced this year, let's see what happens.

seikou8
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Lmao how are the clippers better then the knicks you guys don't have a closer like melo and Deandre Jordan isn't even half the player Tyson Chandler is also our bench is way deeper then yours when shump comes back

for once your right i am right with you:hi5:

iliketurtles24
08-09-2012, 10:16 AM
If Billups is back healthy, they have a nice rotation on the wings of Crawford, Billups, Paul, Butler, Hill, and those are upgrades over Butler getting a lot of minutes, with Ryan Gomes and Randy Foye not getting it done at the 2-3. Hell, they needed Nick Young to come alive to stay in the playoffs at times. Up front, if Odom even resembles what he was before his lost year in Dallas where he was a dumpy teenage girl, they now have depth up front that only needs to be covered by Blake taking another step and rebounding with the best.

I can easily see them at top 4 seed, and into the WCF's if the draw goes right and they don't have major injuries.
This.

Method28
08-09-2012, 10:23 AM

Right...guess cp3 isn't a closer right :rolleyes:

You're right about Jordan...but you're forgetting about Griffin, Crawford, Billips, Odom, Bledsoe, Hill and Green.

thenaj17
08-09-2012, 10:36 AM
@StlDon....

Great insight from a non-clipper fan there.

We have so many new parts that we could be vastly improved....or we could take a step backwards.

I have no doubt that the chemistry between the starting 5 will have improved due to time and experiences. However, Crawford and Odom are the wild cards. Odom needs to be better than Martin was and Crawford needs to be better than Mo was last year essentially. This team has GREAT potential but I feel we really only know what we're gonna get out of Paul, Griffin, Turiaf and Hill.

Bledsoe should improve but will he?
Butler cant possibly play as horrid as he did last season right?
Crawford and Odom.....who knows.
Jordan? Pfffttt....he's a big key right there....no excuses....dude needs to up his all around game.
Is billups going to stay healthy?

I thought Butler was very good for long spells last season but didn't quite shine in playoffs, he did have injuries but looked good when healthy.

Crawford, Odom and getting Billups back is a great summer for you guys and i wish we had that sort of depth on our bench. Can't wait for our games to come round!

NoahH
08-09-2012, 12:27 PM
TROLOLOLOL :dance:

Clippersfan86
08-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Hahahahaha at Clippers not having a closer. CP3 was the most clutch player in the NBA this year.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Clippers will be overrated

Kobe2324
08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
ummmmm, you do realize that they are not even the best team in that building right....let alone okc and the spurs...no matter what they have to beat at least one of those teams to get there if not 2, I say they have no chance at the wcf...2nd round exit is my prediction

Clippersfan86
08-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Kobe before you say that kind of stuff let's see how the teams gel. Clippers finished 1 game behind Lakers last year without their starting SG all year and no time to gel 10 new players. Both teams got a lot better this summer, Clippers will have more growth from within being the much younger core.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Also Lakers won only 1 more game in the playoffs and played an easier Nuggets squad while the extremely banged up Clippers beat Memphis.