PDA

View Full Version : Rate your own teams offseason with a grade.

Potential33
08-07-2012, 08:54 PM
What grade do you give you're own teams off-season?

Phoenix for me i give them a A-

Instantly losing Nash made it almost impossible to get an A+. However, we picked up some nice picks in a trade when we were expected to get nothing (offered a small contract knowing he would most likely decline and just sign with Toronto). 2 1sts and 2 2nds are handy picks to have when your team is rebuilding.

Started getting younger and gaining upside in the low risk, high reward contract we offered Beasley.

Drafted Kendall Marshall. Was ordinary to start his first couple of summer-league games. However, in all his games he showed his exceptional vision and passing accuracy which is a great thing to have considering he doesn't need to score with the other players we have on the team. Improved his offense in the last few games.

Signed Goran Dragic. I was a huge fan of Dragic back at Phoenix and proclaimed to friends that he was "my boy" and was something special. No one believed even after he showed glimpses of his potential at the end of his campaign in Phoenix. He was then traded to Houston which i was disappointed in. However, he developed his game further and took it to the next level at the end of last season when given the starting job and i was so pleased we got him back at a very reasonable price.

Signed Louis Scola. Great move. Got him very very cheap using Blanks expertise. He is a great player down low and will be a very good addition to start while Morris is still developing. Has been very very good in the olympics so far so i am super happy with this signing. Again no risk high reward.

Amnestied Josh Childress. Woeful contract and never got his game going in Phoenix. Couldn't adjust from european basketball to usa basketball. Happy to see his huge contract gone.

Traded Lopez, 2nd round lakers pick and Hakim for Dyson (waivered), Wes Johnson , 1st round protected memphis pick. This was an absolute steal for us (even though every team did well). We got rid of Lopez who i would rather have let walk than give 5 mil and then somehow got a 1st round pick which we should get this year worth around pick 17-22. Got a player for nothing who has a small contract and massive potential/upside. AND somehow got rid of Hakims ****** contract. Not sure how Babby and Blanks pulled this off but wow.

All in All had we signed Mayo or Gordon i would've upped it to an A/A+ as Nash was always going to be gone.

Rate Your Teams Off-Season

justinnum1
08-07-2012, 08:55 PM
B+

Got ray allen, DISCOUNTED!
Anything lewis can give is gravy.

Still need one more big for insurance.

I am Smart
08-07-2012, 09:02 PM
D.

Bulls

Not much they could do other than fill out the roster with bums.

SmartestGuyHere
08-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Lakers: F-

No Dwight Howard.

Lakers have had the best center of each era. Dwight Howard, What makes you special???

SmartestGuyHere
08-07-2012, 09:05 PM

No Dwight Howard.

Lakers have had the best center of each era. Dwight Howard, join us you bipolar punk. :mad:

MonroeFAN
08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Detroit Pistons - B

Moved Ben Gordon and his nasty contract for an expiring deal and a player who fits in better and will make a bigger impact in limited playing time.

Signed Slava. This could prove to be a waste of time, but for a team that has lacked legitimate size it was a nice low risk pick up.

Drafting & Signing Andre Drummond & Kim English. A lot of Detroit fans are happy with both of these picks.

They get a B for lack of activity essentially. I'm not crazy about having CV on the roster still, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Would have liked to have made a splash (trading Stuckey).

Lloyd Christmas
08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Warriors- B

Kept their draft pick which turned into Harrison Barnes, signed Landry, resigned Rush, traded for Jack. Very solid.

Blitzbolt
08-07-2012, 09:19 PM
B

The Grizzlies did all the right things got rid of mayo and replace him with 2 or 3 players(Bayless,Selby Author and Spreiths) that makes us deeper and will help us alot all of it with less money.But at the end of the day its all about the Chemistry between ZBO and Rudy Gay they need to stay healthy to actually play together something the Grizzlies Front office is counting on.

latinofire21
08-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Knicks - A

There is always a lot of hype around the Knicks in the offseason with reports saying every guy wants to play there but there is usually very little credibility with these reports. With that being said I told myself if we could get rid of Jerome Jordan, Mike Bibby, Dan Gadzurick, and Stoney Douglas and bring back a servicable shoothing threat 2 guard, Camby, Kidd or Nash, and Odom that would be my dream scenario.

I didnt see a realistic scenario of getting Ray Allen although I hoped Grunwald would find a way to get him discounted. So my additions I personally wanted for the team was Ray Allen for part of the MLE, Odom for the biannual, and Kidd and Camby either for vet min deals or parts of the mle. Since they wanted more money and the teams forced us to trade with them I knew my scenario was far last likely of happening.

I am definitely glad to see they got Kidd and Camby. That filled the needs that we definitely needed at the time. The Lin contract situation I honestly didnt see coming. I thought he was coming back for sure and when he reworked his contract to make it less likely to come back I really didnt want him back.

I really feel like our offseason grade depends on how much Kidd/Felton/Prigioni can make the Amare/Melo situation work. If they make it work and Lin turns into a Bust I vote an A+.

If Lin turns into a stud, and our team still does well without him I vote an A.

If Lin turns into a stud, and our point guards we picked up cant make it work then this is a definite B grade for an offseason.

For now I agree with the decision to let Lin go but if he becomes a superstar it will be a tough pill to swallow.

The Redemption
Celtics B+

black1605
Bobcats: B+

MKG will be stellar.
Jeff Taylor looks to be a steal.
Gordon provides much needed scoring, and came with a first round pick.
Sessions fills a need.
Haywood fills a need.

We won't be great, but we will be a lot better than last year. Moving in the right direction.

mngopher35
08-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves - B+

This might be a little high, might be a little low by the end of the season. Last year our biggest problems were the wings and we upgraded them big time with Kirlinko, Budinger, Roy, and Shved. The reason it is so hard to judge for sure though is because Roy and Shved are such unknowns. If Roy can play at 80% or better when it matters and Shved can contribute a little and show potential then it was a great offseason. Also the players we replaced (randolph, Beasley, Wes, Darko) all were potential and none had a high bball IQ or was known for effort. We got Stiesma and cunningham now as backup bigs who are both hustle players that play hard which I really like.

Wade>You
08-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Heat: B+

Added: Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis
Lost: Eddy Curry, Ronny Turiaf

Got deeper, Wade's first legit backup in Ray Allen, a stretch 4 in Lewis, more 3pt shooting to stretch the floor.

Pittman, Cole, and Harris's development will be key, though. Especially Pittman, who can give the Heat that Center they've been lacking. Heat get an A+ if Pittman pans out and gets P/T.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Knicks

B.

Keeping Lin would have been great, but they made some great moves and added a lot of depth for this upcoming season.

Wade>You
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Knicks

B.

Keeping Lin would have been great, but they made some great moves and added a lot of depth for this upcoming season.If Felton can play better than Lin against the Heat, he's already an upgrade, IMO. I think he'll be good for you guys.

JWO35
08-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Pistons: C

-Draft alone gets them a passing grade for me
-Getting rid of Ben Gordon is a plus too, time will tell if it was worth giving up a future 1st

Blitzbolt
08-07-2012, 09:28 PM

Got deeper, Wade's first legit backup in Ray Allen, a stretch 4 in Lewis, more 3pt shooting to stretch the floor.

Pittman, Cole, and Harris's development will be key, though. Especially Pittman, who can give the Heat that Center they've been lacking. Heat get an A+ if Pittman pans out and gets P/T.

I don't think Pitt is ready the Heat are gonna have to find a center like Turiaf last year.

Wade>You
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't think Pitt is ready the Heat are gonna have to find a center like Turiaf last year.I guess people's biggest gripe is his foul trouble. Other than that, the guy is ready for a role off the bench. As for fouls, half of them are legit, the others are just ticky tacks that other reputable Centers have gotten away with for years. It comes with getting P/T and earning the ref's respect.

justinnum1
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM

:facepalm:

You are obsessed with Pittman, he is awful. As much as i wanted him to succeed he sucks lol.

IndyRealist
08-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Indiana Pacers:

Resigning Roy Hibbert was a must, even if we overpaid. He's the team's personality, and there was no way to replace him and not backslide.

Overpaying George Hill was inevitable. We could have paid $7M/yr at the extension deadline and chose to haggle over $500k/yr. Now we're paying him $8M/yr. But he's young and, again, replacing him would have probably resulted in a backslide.

I really hated moving Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones for Ian Mahimni. Dahntay was happy to be here and the vocal, veteran leader every team needs. Collison was unhappy coming off the bench, because he justifiably thinks he's a starter. But I think we could have gotten more for him than a player who was going to be a free agent anyway. I don't know a whole lot about Mahimni, other than he's serviceable.

Gerald Green can dunk and shoot 3's. But can he do anything else? Dahntay Jones is a better 3pt shooter and a great perimeter defender. Green may be a downgrade, but it's slight. Losing Dahntay's lockerroom presence hurts, though.

DJ Augustin failed miserably as a starting PG. It could be said that he would have been better with better players around him, and the load of carrying the team is off him.

I liked drafting Miles Plumlee initially, since he was the best real center left on the board. The Pacers like his energy. But I don't like drafting him with respect to the rest of our offseason moves. We traded assets for Mahimni and signed him to a long deal. Where does that leave Plumlee?

I also liked buying an early 2nd round pick, but I didn't like using it on Orlando Johnson. There were better players still available at SG/SF.

We let Leandro Barbosa, AJ Price, and Kyrylo Fesenko walk.

Overall grade: C+. We got the guys we absolutely had to, and picked up some players who will probably develop. But Plumlee was a questionable pick, as was trading for Mahimni. Our 2nd pick was flat out bad. Letting Fes go was bad considering how cheap he was for a vet big who still had upside. But where we downgraded, we didn't regress by much and nowhere in the starting lineup. I don't see us doing any worse than last year.

bryan71023
08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Nets - A

Resigned Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries.
Traded for Joe Johnson.
Didn't trade MarShon Brooks.
Signed the best Euro player in Mirza Teletovic.
Drafted young potential players in Tyshawn Taylor and Tornike Shengelia.
Signed some nice bench players: C.J. Watson, Keith Bogans, Jerry Stackhouse, Reggie Evans.
Have a Russian Billionaire owner who has no problem paying the Luxury taxes.

Gators123
08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Pistons- B

Drafted a guy with superstar potential in Drummond with the 9th pick.

Traded Ben Gordon.

Patriotsfan97
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Knicks - A

There is always a lot of hype around the Knicks in the offseason with reports saying every guy wants to play there but there is usually very little credibility with these reports. With that being said I told myself if we could get rid of Jerome Jordan, Mike Bibby, Dan Gadzurick, and Stoney Douglas and bring back a servicable shoothing threat 2 guard, Camby, Kidd or Nash, and Odom that would be my dream scenario.

I didnt see a realistic scenario of getting Ray Allen although I hoped Grunwald would find a way to get him discounted. So my additions I personally wanted for the team was Ray Allen for part of the MLE, Odom for the biannual, and Kidd and Camby either for vet min deals or parts of the mle. Since they wanted more money and the teams forced us to trade with them I knew my scenario was far last likely of happening.

I am definitely glad to see they got Kidd and Camby. That filled the needs that we definitely needed at the time. The Lin contract situation I honestly didnt see coming. I thought he was coming back for sure and when he reworked his contract to make it less likely to come back I really didnt want him back.

I really feel like our offseason grade depends on how much Kidd/Felton/Prigioni can make the Amare/Melo situation work. If they make it work and Lin turns into a Bust I vote an A+.

If Lin turns into a stud, and our team still does well without him I vote an A.

If Lin turns into a stud, and our point guards we picked up cant make it work then this is a definite B grade for an offseason.

For now I agree with the decision to let Lin go but if he becomes a superstar it will be a tough pill to swallow.

Silly Knicks fans. I bet you still the Amare is one the best players in the NBA too. An A? Really? The Heat's offseason when the Big 3 formed was an A. Getting a bunch of old vets does not mean an A. You got Camby, Kidd, and Felton. And lost Lin. That's about a C+/B- to me. Lin turns into a bust, B/B+ Range. Nowhere near an A. Definitely not an A+ if Lin turns into a bust, like you say. Not to mention your Draft was complete garbage. Not a chance.

D12 fan
08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Im waiting to see what happens with Dwight,then I will give my grade later on.

Patriotsfan97
08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Knicks

B.

Keeping Lin would have been great, but they made some great moves and added a lot of depth for this upcoming season.

Knowledgable Knicks fan. I like it. I'd give them a B-/B Range. Probably more towards B. Unlike latinofire21's "A" grade. Haha that one was funny.

Patriotsfan97
08-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Pistons: C

-Draft alone gets them a passing grade for me
-Getting rid of Ben Gordon is a plus too, time will tell if it was worth giving up a future 1st

I completely agree with yours, just because Ariana Grande is so, so, so sexy. Wow.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Wolves: B-

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Celtics I'll say B+/A-

Lost Ray, but they got a player that fits in better with the offense now with Terry. Terry can create his own shot, something Ray can't do anymore. Also added Courtney Lee. Got a 6th man player black in Jeff Green. And got Sully which was a huge steal.

BoSox47
08-07-2012, 10:07 PM

No Dwight Howard.

Lakers have had the best center of each era. Dwight Howard, What makes you special???

F- so now they are grading how badly you fail lol?

mrblisterdundee
08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Blazers: B+

They got what so far seems to be a score-first, competent point guard while dropping Raymond Felton. There's no visible improvement at shooting guard. I wouldn't say retaining Nicolas Batum is an improvement - just standing pat, which is still good in terms of keeping a very talented player. There was no place for the Blazers to improve at power forward, although retaining J.J. Hickson - Portland's likely sixth man - was a good move. Getting a center is always nice, although the Blazers are pretty thin up front.
It wasn't hard for the Blazers to look good this summer, considering how horrendous they were last season. I think they entered a new rebuilding mode nicely, with Damian Lillard, Batum, LaMarcus Aldridge and Meyers Leonard as the focus. But they need a better shooting guard and more depth up front.
The most important thing is that the front office has helped us start moving on from the days of Brandon Roy and Greg Oden.

StarvingKnick22
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
your grade for the Suns is perfect for knicks, B+ we lost good players, but recieved key players...

Knicks21
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
B+ Knicks.

Get someone like Lou Admundson and maybe A-

I Rock Shaqs
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
B Toronto Raptors
Other team- Celtics- A-

AndyfromNeptune
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Knowledgable Knicks fan. I like it. I'd give them a B-/B Range. Probably more towards B. Unlike latinofire21's "A" grade. Haha that one was funny.

I think you're blinded by the fact that Knicks made all these moves with virtually no cap space whatsoever. Grunwald comes out of all these sign and trades and use of the mini-mid level exception looking like a genius.

Not to mention we resigned JR Smith at a bargain price of 2.5 million.

We signed the starting point guard for the Argentina national team for less than a million.

Steve Novak is back--the league's best 3 point shooter.

I would give the Knicks offseason an A- only because we lost an asset in Lin and received nothing in return.

Wade>You
08-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I think you're blinded by the fact that Knicks made all these moves with virtually no cap space whatsoever. Grunwald comes out of all these sign and trades and use of the mini-mid level exception looking like a genius.

Not to mention we resigned JR Smith at a bargain price of 2.5 million.

We signed the starting point guard for the Argentina national team for less than a million.

Steve Novak is back--the league's best 3 point shooter.

I would give the Knicks offseason an A- only because we lost an asset in Lin and received nothing in return.I'm gonna take a guess and say that wasn't the guy who gave Carmelo a shot to the crown jewels.

Gagan136
08-07-2012, 10:18 PM
B+
For the Lakers. I really wanted to give them that A for getting Nash with 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, and getting Antwan Jamison for the Vets min, But they still need a back up for Kobe, and if they can get D12 it would be the Dream offseason.

Cal827
08-07-2012, 10:19 PM
C

Toronto

-Good: We got Kyle Lowry from Houston for an oddly protected pick. Should give us the defense at the 1 which would further improve the overall team defense

Bad: We Didn't get Steve Nash, despite preparing for it.. Now we have 2 guys who probably wouldn't be here if we didn't pursue Nash (Fields, Ross)

Bad: We passed on Drummond. I know we had JV, but I think we could have used that pick and traded down to some other team and still got our pick. Drummond also seems to have loads of potential... If he becomes a 20-10 guy, I'm going to BCs office with a sword and a french omlette... it's not going to be pretty.

Bad: We still didn't freaking deal out for a expensive but good SF (Iggy, Gay). We have a large *** expiring lol and we traded our best defender too.
Good: I guess the large expiring, and holding onto Calderon could help JV's development.

The fact that we don't have a legit starting 3 really pisses me off, knowing we probably could've gotten that from a team trying to get rid of a big cap guy as well as draft the guy we did (E.g. Ed Davis/Calderon + 8th for 15th+ Iggy or something like that)

We will see though, as Lowry seems like a better future PG choice over Nash (who is in his final years)

netsgiantsyanks
08-07-2012, 10:27 PM
nets-A-

re-signed deron williams: this one is obvious.

traded for joe johnson: though his contract is atrocious, he is a pretty good player, though he is getting old. very solid addition.

signed reggie evans: i actually liked this deal, the guy is a pretty damn good rebounder. he's non-existent on offense, but his rebounding and toughness makes up for it a bit.

signed mirza teletovic: good addition as well. the guy can shoot his *** off, but i'm interested in how his game will translate.

re-signed brook lopez: this is the one deal i don't really like, and that is only because of the max contract. he is a great offensive player, and i would like to see him pick up his game on the other end of the floor, especially rebounding. nonetheless, i see a pretty good season out of him.

re-signed hump: not really many more options out there, so i'm not complaining. he can rebound, he can defend, and he has a nice little jumper he can hit. give him 25 mins a night and he can do at least some type of damage.

signing cj watson, jerry stackhouse, keith bogans: solid back-ups, don't have much to say besides that. :shrug:

re-signing gerald wallace(lol i forgot): good signing, maybe a little too much money, but gerald is a tough player, even if he is on the down side of his career.

Cal827
08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm gonna take a guess and say that wasn't the guy who gave Carmelo a shot to the crown jewels.

:laugh: if it was this guy, I would just imagine this forum... It would blow up faster than Paris Hilton's porn career... I mean singing career

THE MTL
08-07-2012, 10:31 PM
I give the Knicks a B+ (would have given them an A had we kept Lin).

Knicks have done great though. We fill almost every hole this team had.

1. Starting PG (Felton signed)
2. Backup PG (Kidd signed)
3. SGs (Smith resigned)
4. Shooter (Novak resigned)
5. Replacement for Shump (Brewer signed)
6. Backup Center (Camby signed)

THE MTL
08-07-2012, 10:41 PM
As an observer of other teams, I say that the Nets have done the best.

Ppl need to understand what could have happened to the Nets. During the season, it was looking like Deron Williams was def leaving. They could have been left out to dry just like in 2010. This team seriously had 50% chance of getting SHUT OUT this free agency and to come out the way they did..I give respect.

1. Reloaded with Johnson, Wallace before DWill even resigned.
2. And then got DWill to resign.
3. Resigned Lopez (Lopez is one of 3 centers in NBA that can score 20ppg)
4. Reggie Evans as backup.
5. Good backup PG in Watson.
6. Resigned Humphries
7. Keeping MarShon Brooks in the process.

Yes they overpaid for a couple guys but in this world, you have to pay the cost to be the boss.

STL Don
08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
My team: The Lakers

Added: Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill(resigned) Robert Scare, Darius Johnson-Odom via the draft
Lost: Ramon Sessions, Troy Murphy and possibly Matt Barnes, Devin Ebanks

I would give the Lakers an A. Not A+ simply for the fact that they need to at least make at least one more acquistion for a backup sg or sf.
Dragging on this Dwight Howard saga also hurt there grade as well...just because

But in all, Steve Nash brings something everything Laker fan could have dreamed for.
For one thing, we haven't had a solid pg in years. Steve Nash is a future HOF, and this is a little more then bringing Gary Payton being that Nash at this point seemingly still has more left in the tank.
This also makes every player on the Lakers better, including primarily Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum.. they're going to benefit immensely from his on court presence and playmaking ability.
Also takes A LOT of the pressure off of Kobe. If you watch the Lakers closely, you'd have a MUCH better understanding of why Kobe holds the ball as often as he does and why so many poor shots are taken at times.. due to the fact that he hasn't had a teammate that can control the ball and make plays, other than himself, which is not only frustrating to us but him as well. Steve changes all that.
His addition should mean so many great things for the Lakers. We have no choice but to be a huge fan of a once hated rival. I know I am.

Another big part of the Lakers weaknesses last year, was their awful bench. Simply nobody produced. There was not even such a thing as a 6th man for us. Antawn Jamison immediately boosts the bench and adds a presence we haven't had since Lamar left. Plenty of reason for optimism.

That's why I'd give us an A-. ONE more move will put us over the edge.

Cal827
08-07-2012, 11:16 PM
My team: The Lakers

Added: Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill(resigned) Robert Scare, Darius Johnson-Odom via the draft
Lost: Ramon Sessions, Troy Murphy and possibly Matt Barnes, Devin Ebanks

I would give the Lakers an A. Not A+ simply for the fact that they need to at least make at least one more acquistion for a backup sg or sf.
Dragging on this Dwight Howard saga also hurt there grade as well...just because

But in all, Steve Nash brings something everything Laker fan could have dreamed for.
For one thing, we haven't had a solid pg in years. Steve Nash is a future HOF, and this is a little more then bringing Gary Payton being that Nash at this point seemingly still has more left in the tank.
This also makes every player on the Lakers better, including primarily Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum.. they're going to benefit immensely from his on court presence and playmaking ability.
Also takes A LOT of the pressure off of Kobe. If you watch the Lakers closely, you'd have a MUCH better understand of why Kobe holds the ball as often as he does and why so many poor shots are taken at times, due to the fact that he hasn't had a teammate that can control the ball and make players, other than himself.
His addition should mean so many great things for the Lakers. We have no choice but to be a huge fan of a once hated rival. I know I am.

Another big part of the Lakers weaknesses last year, was their awful bench. Simply nobody produced. There was not even such a thing as a 6th man for us. Antawn Jamison immediately boosts the bench and adds a presence we haven't had since Lamar left. Plenty of reason for optimism.

That's why I'd give us an A-. ONE more move will put us over the edge.

Lenardo Barbosa maybe as the Pg/Sg backup work for ya? He's been with Nash in Phoenix, so maybe he can recruit him lol

AKAYaReal
08-07-2012, 11:52 PM
The Knicks get a B in my book.

- Got Camby even at his age will be a great backup big
- Got Felton when the whole Lin thing took a turn for the bad. He played his best ball with us but that was with a different coach and only 1 player is still here from that team. I believe he will play his role just fine.
- Got Kidd. He is nowhere near the player he used to be but I expect him to keep the 2nd unit running in order.
- Got Brewer who is a good pick up to hold the fort until Shump gets back then ultimately take the mins Fields used to waste last season when Shump returns
- Let Fields go. There are a lot of fans that wanted him to come back and I was damn sure not one of them!
- Keeping most of the core from last season that played major mins (which includes JR and Novak). We can never hope to become a championship team if every yr we had major roster shakeups and this was the 1st yr since the rebuilding we did.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, got value out of Tony Douglas contract in the Camby trade!

Things that didnt work out for us was
- Not retaining Lin but our hands were tied. Only time will tell, but we got a good enough replacement if not better for how the team is structured.
- For some, not getting Nash but we would have been fools to trade Shump who shows great promise for Nash who is 39.

Overall I am satisfied with what we had to work with. Its now time to see it come together.

GREATNESS ONE
08-07-2012, 11:54 PM
B ; with no more move

A- ; with one/two more depth move to fill the bench

A+ ; with you know what ...

eternal slumber
08-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Rockets should have a grade of INC.

it will all be based if we can acquire either Howard or Bynum before the season start. it's not like the offseason is done yet.

but for now, ill grade it as B-.

i really liked our teams direction now. blowing up the team which was in mediocre at best.

also, making room for our young prospect to grow which all showed promise at the summer league.

D12 fan
08-08-2012, 12:20 AM

it will all be based if we can acquire either Howard or Bynum before the season start. it's not like the offseason is done yet.

i really liked our teams direction now. blowing up the team which was in mediocre at best.

also, making room for our young prospect to grow which all showed promise at the summer league.

Rockets in limbo.

ThuglifeJ
08-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Mavs: 'A' -didnt expect them to do anything good after not getting Deron. But they made some moves! Kaman is awesome too cuz Haywood was Kwame Brown-esque all season and an actual competitor.
Lets just hope none turn out to be Odom circa last season..

Raptors: 'C'

JLynn943
08-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Kings grade: B

Getting Aaron Brooks provides definite depth, but was maybe a bit unnecessary and gives us sort of a mess in deciding rotations and who starts among guards. But, I'd rather have that problem rather than not enough talent.

James Johnson could be a great pickup. The Kings sorely need defense, and that's what Johnson should bring. This move theoretically also allows the Kings to move Tyreke back to a guard position, which is more natural to him offensively and defensively.

Re-signing Jason Thompson was intelligent. Gives us a capable starting PF who can also play center.

Thomas Robinson was likely a good pick, but it's too early to tell.

I do wish we re-signed Terrence Williams. I liked what he did last season. He brings solid defense and is a very willing passer. But, we have a logjam at SF. Salmons could start, and we have to find minutes for Cisco and Outlaw. While we may not have the space for Williams, I'd rather be paying him what one of Salmons/Cisco/Outlaw make instead of paying those players. SF is still a major weakness that perhaps Barnes could have addressed...

Last, it's good that Smart got the extension. Cousins likes him, and we could use some continuity.

SugeKnight
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Warriors Grade: A-

Added: Harrison Barnes, Festus Ezeli, Draymond Green, Carl Landry, Jarrett Jack

Lost: Dorell Wright, Nate Robinson

Just landing Barnes with the 7th pick made this a good offseason, but we also added some great depth with Landry and Jack. Also picked up some possible impact role players late in the draft.

Gritz
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
N for Needs Improvement because that's what my report card in elementary always said

STL Don
08-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Lenardo Barbosa maybe as the Pg/Sg backup work for ya? He's been with Nash in Phoenix, so maybe he can recruit him lol

I would welcome in Barbosa just for the fact that he's former teammates with Nash, so yes.
I also really want the Lakers to sign Jodie Meeks, formally of the 76er's. I think he'd be a great fit off the bench. He can shoot 3's, play a little perimeter D' and learn from Kobe for a few years before having the opportunity to take over the position. That's all I keep hoping for lol
Delfino wouldn't be a bad option either.

STL Don
08-08-2012, 12:52 AM

I wouldn't hold your breath on acquiring one of Howard or Bynum...
As a Laker fan, I just don't care anymore.
Yes I'd LOVE him on the Lakers but I will not spend another second hoping & praying it's going to happen considering how all this has played out. It's utterly ridiculous and a waste of time.

BleedingGreen9
08-08-2012, 01:03 AM
B+/A-

with the additions of lee, jet, sully and getting green back on papper at least the celtics seem to be alot stronger than the team that was one game away from the nba finals last year.

another thing was re-signing wilcox... i know he never seems to stay healthy but he looked to be fitting his role nicely when he was.

with out any major injurys the celtics seem to be ready for another deep playoff run

eternal slumber
08-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Rockets in limbo.

not so quite. if we couldn't acquire either Bynum or Howard, it will give Asik much needed playing time to improve.

also, Houston will have ton of cap space next offseason with Martin being an expiring (if he's not traded).

we also have ton of young players in our roster to develop, if they develop nicely, maybe we can trade some of them for some nice pieces or even some more high draft picks in the future.

for me, it's better to suck for a year or two rather than stay mediocre for a long time.

eternal slumber
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath on acquiring one of Howard or Bynum...
As a Laker fan, I just don't care anymore.
Yes I'd LOVE him on the Lakers but I will not spend another second hoping & praying it's going to happen considering how all this has played out. It's utterly ridiculous and a waste of time.

i'm just being optimistic, if it happens, great for us, if not then it's rebuilding time for us which i really like.

whether we acquire either player or roll with our current team, i'm pleased with my teams direction.

JasonJohnHorn
08-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Detroit: F
SA: F
Toronto: F

Auseranami
08-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Celtics A-

Additions: Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee
Subtractions: Ray Allen, Greg Stiemsma

Losing ray ray was tough, especially because it was to the heat, but I think we more than made up for it with terry and lee. We also resigned Jeff green. I was jumping with joy when sully fell to us, then we added Melo. Not only is our front court be a lot better, but our backcourt is much improved too. Look out Miami >:)

Bravo95
08-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Hawks: Phase 1 is an A-

- Got rid of GM Rick Sund, welcome Danny Ferry.
- Got rid of Joe Johnson's contract, no amnesty needed and no bad contracts taken back.
- Got rid of Marvin William's contract, got a good backup PG in the final year of his deal.
- Michael Gearon is no longer the front man for ownership, re-enter Bruce Levenson.
- Picked up Lou Williams and Kyle Korver for cheap.
- Added John Jenkins, acquired two future draft picks and still have our picks after the moves.

Not an A+ because Drew is still the coach, and they didn't get Dwight. That's part of Phase 2. To be continued...

STL Don
08-08-2012, 01:22 AM
i'm just being optimistic, if it happens, great for us, if not then it's rebuilding time for us which i really like.

whether we acquire either player or roll with our current team, i'm pleased with my teams direction.

Nah I know, just seems like by the ways things are going, nothings ever going to happen .. :sigh:
I agree though, I like the direction the Rockets are moving in and I honestly wish the best of Lin despite him leaving NY which was quite a disappointment to Knick fans

STL Don
08-08-2012, 01:25 AM

Toronto did more good for themselves than bad..
Adding a borderline all star caliber PG in Lowry, a solid role player in Fields who can still improve as well as Lucas, Ross and Valanciunas.. not too bad for a team that usually keeps quiet.

Kyle Lowry/John Lucas
DeMar DeRozan/Terrance Ross
Landry Fields/Linas Kleiza/Alan Anderson
Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani/Jonas Valanciunas

Best team they've had since the Bosh era.

RenegadeRiot36
08-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Cavs: B+
Out: Antwaan Jamison, Anthony Parker, Alonzo Gee, Lester Hudson, Semih Erden
In: Dion Waiters, Tyler Zeller, CJ Miles, Kevin Jones, Jeremy Pargo

The jury is still out on Dion Waiters. The kid has all the potential in the world, but has only shown a fraction of it so far. Granted its just summer league. I still prefer him to Barnes and think he will eventually pan out.

Getting Tyler Zeller for 2 2nd rounders and the 24th was a steal in my opinion. They sacrificed two camp bodies for a guy that many experts had as the most NBA ready center in the draft. Watching him in summer league gave me flashes of a very mobile center that can play with his back to the basket. I liked what I saw from him.

Miles was a good pick for the wing in the sense that his name isnt Alonzo Gee. Gee was the most overrated player i can remember. Literally all his points come from him overexerting himself dribbling recklessly and scoring garbage points. Miles will not be as much of a black hole on offense.

They will miss Parker's three point shooting and Jamison's scoring, but at the same time not having them on the team will create more opportunities for Kyrie to dominate and guys like Waiters to get accustomed to the league by taking as many shots as they need.

GREATNESS ONE
08-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Cavs: B+
Out: Antwaan Jamison, Anthony Parker, Alonzo Gee, Lester Hudson, Semih Erden
In: Dion Waiters, Tyler Zeller, CJ Miles, Kevin Jones, Jeremy Pargo

The jury is still out on Dion Waiters. The kid has all the potential in the world, but has only shown a fraction of it so far. Granted its just summer league. I still prefer him to Barnes and think he will eventually pan out.

Getting Tyler Zeller for 2 2nd rounders and the 24th was a steal in my opinion. They sacrificed two camp bodies for a guy that many experts had as the most NBA ready center in the draft. Watching him in summer league gave me flashes of a very mobile center that can play with his back to the basket. I liked what I saw from him.

Miles was a good pick for the wing in the sense that his name isnt Alonzo Gee. Gee was the most overrated player i can remember. Literally all his points come from him overexerting himself dribbling recklessly and scoring garbage points. Miles will not be as much of a black hole on offense.

They will miss Parker's three point shooting and Jamison's scoring, but at the same time not having them on the team will create more opportunities for Kyrie to dominate and guys like Waiters to get accustomed to the league by taking as many shots as they need.

Getting Bynum makes it an A+ for you guys :)

Blazers#1Fan
08-08-2012, 01:44 AM
-A

PGOTF in Lillard
drafted a Center who can be a very good starter or great backup in Leonard
Resigned Batum
Resigned Hickson
NEW GM in Olshey
NEW Coach Stotts
Kept Kaleb Canales as a Assistant coach

only thing we didnt do was make a splash in Free Agency but we have cap for next year with expiring contracts then we have enough to sign a top free agent Josh Smith,James Harden,Serge Ibaka(My Choice have him Play a Ben Wallace Roll for Portland)

that team resembles the 2004 Pistons

Ibaka 6'10" 235lbs (B.Wallace 6'9" 240lbs)/Leonard
Aldridge 6'11" 240lbs (Rasheed 6'11" 230lbs)
Batum 6'8" 210lbs (Prince 6'9" 215lbs)
Matthews 6'5" 220 (Hamilton 6'7" 190lbs)
Lillard 6'3" 195 (Billups 6'3" 210lbs)

RenegadeRiot36
08-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Getting Bynum makes it an A+ for you guys :)

If they get Bynum, Im going to invent a new letter for the alphabet because A+ wouldnt even cover it hahaha.

Trueblue2
08-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Lakers - B

Signing Nash was a great move and will allow us to be competitive for the remainder of Kobe's contract/career(?). It also gives us an all star caliber player at PG which is something we haven't had since Gary Payton.

Jamison was a steal, he came for a 1 yr. vet min. contract and will provide much needed scoring off of the bench. He can play the 3 occasionally depending on match up.

Re-signing Hill was a big move for us, he's a hustle player and will make a very serviceable back up PF/C. We really couldn't afford to lose him via FA given Bynum's injury concerns (as well as Howard's injury concerns if we get him).

We still need a back up 2 guard, preferably one that can play occasional minutes at PG. Right now we don't have any proven player backing up Kobe, with the signing of Nash and Jamison we don't need to rely so heavily on Kobe to make up for holes we have at PG and the bench, but that means we need to sign someone that can come in to back him up and play defense and be a threat to score.

We also need to figure out what we're doing at the back up SF spot. I'm fine with either re-signing Barnes or just going with Ebanks, but whatever we do we should figure it out sooner rather than later. Ebanks and Barnes disappointed laker fans last year because we were looking at them to fill LO's shoes as far as bench scoring goes and that's not a realistic expectation. But with less of a scoring burden these two actually fit quite well into our current bench.

I think LAL should move on from Dwight Howard and look to improve the team in other areas. Waiting on the trade to happen isn't doing us any good and we're ignoring areas of need in hopes that a trade will go through.

FA isn't over so if we can get a backup 2 guard that can hit a 3 ball, play defense, score, and possibly play a little PG if needed and re-sign one or both of barnes/ebanks I'd give LAL an A for the off season. I think McRoberts' expiring contract can net us a 2 guard that fills our needs, there's got to be a team out there looking to dump salary, if not we gotta use the MMLE.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Knicks

B.

Who cares about the letter lol, that's all opinion. Its about the reasoning, and I only skimmed through his but it seemed solid.

flatbush knicks
08-08-2012, 07:49 AM
new york knicks grade pending it can either be an a+ or as low as a c-

LongIslandIcedZ
08-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Adding a borderline all star caliber PG in Lowry, a solid role player in Fields who can still improve as well as Lucas, Ross and Valanciunas.. not too bad for a team that usually keeps quiet.

Kyle Lowry/John Lucas
Ed Davis/Amir Johnson

They wanted a star, they got a star. Landry Fields.

Jokes aside, I think he'll be very good next year. Will he play to the level of that contract, probably not. Hopefully Toronto uses him as more than a 3 point shooter and actually let's him slash and finish at the rim, that's what his skillset is best suited for.

YoungOne
08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
B+

great offseason, but should have got at least one better bigman.

BklynKnicks3
08-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Knicks b+

ragee
08-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Mavs: A-

It would have been an A if we were not on the running on landing Deron. We were the top candidate for the worst offseason after Deron chose Brooklyn over us but Cuban and the front office were able to turn it around.

We lost an aging Kidd, our second option in JET, Haywood and Mahinmi. In return we got Collison, Mayo, Jones, Brand, Kaman and 3 rookies.

Collison/West/Roddy
Mayo/Jones/Cunningham
Marion/Crowder/Carter
Dirk/Brand
Kaman/James

That's pretty deep and looks good enough on paper. I am just hoping Kaman can stay healthy and Mayo can somehow fill the void that JET left behind. If they can do that, I believe we can contend.

Aleksandar
08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Minnesota B

We improved greatly from last season. However, it came with a price of destroying financial flexibility. There is a lot of question marks now, and we can only wait and see how things turn out.

Other teams I find interesting:

Washinton B

Pretty much like us, improved a lot, but at expense of breaking cap limit. We'll see how it turns out.

B marks are only because we're generally unable to attract top free agents, so better outcome was very unlikely to happen.

Boston A

I love how Ainge retooled. Again, A mark is because of the current situation and flexibility. I don't think that better case scenario was possible.

Slimsim
08-08-2012, 09:36 AM
knicks C+

Iron24th
08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
B+

We still lack a backup SG/SF

Mikeleafs
08-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Kyle Lowry/John Lucas
Ed Davis/Amir Johnson

And we still have Calderon, Gray and drafted Quincy ****en Acy!! :D

Da Knicks
08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
If Felton can play better than Lin against the Heat, he's already an upgrade, IMO. I think he'll be good for you guys.

:clap: Mad respect for you brah, the only heat fan that ever gives us props, thanks and i hope to see good games between the heat and knicks this upcoming season.

skyle
08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
I would probably go A- on the Piston's moves thus far. The biggest and most glaring weaknesses were at center and with 3-pt shooting. Adding Drummond to complement Monroe and Jerebko should work pretty well. Drafting 19 year old big men is quite risky, so we won't have much of a feel until March or April about that. We did okay in addressing outside shooting with English, Singler, Magatte. A healthy CV would also help there. Stucky is a fine as a penetrating shooting guard with some passing/shooting skills, so keeping him was good.

Vinylman
08-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Laker fan

Since the standard is fielding a championship caliber team the answer at this point is

C+

Jamison and Nash have been nice additions but the Lakers still lack and significant depth off the bench,,, ebanks/eyenga/glock/odom/sacre are all garbage with no real upside...

additionally, the bynum/gasol pairing must finally be called what it is ... an absolute and utter failure.

what can increase the lakers grade

Add Barbosa and one more vet for the min ... move to a B
trade for D12 ... move to an A

Lakers as currently constructed equals fools gold

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-08-2012, 11:08 AM
If we can add KMart... I'll say an A+

An A right now.

SaimuKala
08-08-2012, 11:20 AM
B

No DH12, but still we got Nash and Jamison.

DTownSkitzo
08-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Detroit Pistons - B

Moved Ben Gordon and his nasty contract for an expiring deal and a player who fits in better and will make a bigger impact in limited playing time.

Signed Slava. This could prove to be a waste of time, but for a team that has lacked legitimate size it was a nice low risk pick up.

Drafting & Signing Andre Drummond & Kim English. A lot of Detroit fans are happy with both of these picks.

They get a B for lack of activity essentially. I'm not crazy about having CV on the roster still, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Would have liked to have made a splash (trading Stuckey).

I agree with all of this except one thing. Stuckey. I want to see him play with Knight in a season that has a training camp. I am willing to give him one more year before I write him off.

MP.Trey
08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers - B-

Waiters may have been a reach, but it's a gamble pick, and we have to hope it pays off. Zeller was terrific to pick up where we got him. Miles was a good pick up, seems that we want to be building from the draft, and this is a good start, playoff contention or late lottery is my expectation with a playoff berth coming soon. :D

G Kyrie Irving, Donald Sloan
G Dion Waiters, Daniel Gibson
F Alonzo Gee, C.J. Miles, Omri Casspi
F Anderson Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Luke Harangody
C Tyler Zeller, Samardo Samuels

seikou8
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
b- for the knicks

Punk
08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
B+ so far.

-Felton for cheap
-Kidd for cheap
-Camby for cheap
-Novak to a solid extension
-Brewer on a vet min deal
-Prgioni on a rookie contract worth 400k
-Woodson's extension

Terrific moves thus far.

EDUTEXANS
08-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Rockets: C+ (for now)

We failed in our main goal, bring a superstar. But we did an excelent job in the draft, picking up a lot of young talent. We now have 4 good rookies, two of them will probably fight to be in the all-rookie first team.

Asik and Lin are a little overpaied, but they were still great signings by the fact we didn't give up anything to grab them. Asik is a potential all-defensive team and Asik is a potential All-star. We also got some value from players we weren't gonna bring back (Lee, Camby and Dalembert) and we still have a lot of trade chips and cap space to keep pursuing a star this season or next summer.

in: Motiejuans, Lamb, White, Jones, Asik, Lin, Forbes, JaJuan Johnson, Douglas, Harrelson (if all make the team)

out: Lowry, Dragic, Scola, Dalembert, Camby, Lee, Budinger

Lake_Show2416
08-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Lakers get an easy, A

N3TS
08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Team Grade: A

The Nets offseason grade was all hinging on signing Deron Williams.

ElChinoLatino
08-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Mavs B+

Even though the missed on Deron which that would've been the A+, they still reloaded with younger guys but without sacrificing the team's veteran experience.

NYYCowboys
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Knicks: B-

I did like most of the moves they made. Getting Kidd, Camby, and Thomas will be good for the team this year, but giving Camby and Kidd 3 year deals seems to be excessive for 2 players way past their primes and declining.

The JR Smith signing was a steal for the money they gave him, but I am far from JR's biggest fan, and would have rather let him go than deal with his inappropriate behavior on and off the court all year.

The Raymond Felton trade on it's own was a good move. Can't argue giving up JJ, and Gadzuric for Felton and Thomas, but I absolutely hated them giving up a huge asset in Jeremy Lin, and getting nothing in return. It just isn't good business. I also think Lin is a better player than Felton is right now, and will be in the future.

My favorite move of the offseason though was picking up Ronnie
Brewer for the veteran min. A huge steal for such a good wing defender, and the perfect half year replacement for Iman Shumpert.

If the Knicks would have retained Lin I would have probably given them an A-, but I think the Knicks will be better next year as a result of their offseason.

Vinylman
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Rockets: C+ (for now)

We failed in our main goal, bring a superstar. But we did an excelent job in the draft, picking up a lot of young talent. We now have 4 good rookies, two of them will probably fight to be in the all-rookie first team.

Asik and Lin are a little overpaied, but they were still great signings by the fact we didn't give up anything to grab them. Asik is a potential all-defensive team and Asik is a potential All-star. We also got some value from players we weren't gonna bring back (Lee, Camby and Dalembert) and we still have a lot of trade chips and cap space to keep pursuing a star this season or next summer.

in: Motiejuans, Lamb, White, Jones, Asik, Lin, Forbes, JaJuan Johnson, Douglas, Harrelson (if all make the team)

out: Lowry, Dragic, Scola, Dalembert, Camby, Lee, Budinger

Man i enjoy reading your posts... you are one of the few rocket fans who uses reasonableness and balance in your assessment of your team :clap: