PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Forum Redraft: Death Row Inmates @ Soup A Stars - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
08-07-2012, 07:29 PM
We did a redraft in the Mavs forum over the last month and would appreciate everyones help in picking a winner. Please put your vote in on who you think would win a 7 game series between the two teams listed below. Please leave all bias out of your decision in interest of fairness!

The Kick A Poo Soup A Stars have home court advantage.

Death Row Inmates

PG - Kyrie Irving - Tyreke Evans
SG - Jason Kidd - OJ Mayo - Raja Bell
SF - LeBron James - Dorell Wright
PF - Greg Monroe - Chris Andersen
C - Marcus Camby - Chris Kaman - Robin Lopez

Kickapoo Soup A Stars

C: Tim Duncan / Omer Asik
PF: David West / Chandler Parsons
SF: Carmelo Anthony / Chase Budinger / Bryan Scalabrine
SG: Ray Allen / Jason Terry
PG: Kyle Lowry / Rodrigue Beaubois / Norris Cole

phlp_bj
08-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Ray will absolutely torch Kidd coming off screens and tire him out too fast. I have the more well balanced team. Leggooo Kickapoo!

juggla53
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
^ not nearly as bad as lebron is going to torch carmello

phlp_bj
08-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I would love to see lebron "torch" melo. Lebron is clearly the better defender and offensive threat, but Melo will go off as well

juggla53
08-07-2012, 08:25 PM
im glad you would love to see it because you will be seeing plenty of it in this series, watching melo trying to guard lebron would be a joke and yes im sure melo would put up good numbers, while also jacking up 30 shots a game and being his usually ball stopping self

newfearsome4som
08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I will take death row, giving kyrie irving and lebron james that many weapons at their disposal would be to much in the end even for a talented team like the one they are faceing.

phlp_bj
08-07-2012, 10:06 PM
im glad you would love to see it because you will be seeing plenty of it in this series, watching melo trying to guard lebron would be a joke and yes im sure melo would put up good numbers, while also jacking up 30 shots a game and being his usually ball stopping self

He can put up forty shots if he wants. He's the primary scorer on this team. He's one of the best scorers in the league and we built this team around his skill set

MFFL==FML
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Death Row Inmates clearly have the offensive AND defensive advantage. My guards are exponentially better, my forwards are exponentially better, and worse case scenario our centers are a wash.

As far as Ray Allen torching Kidd:

2/20 - 37 minutes, FGM-FGA: 6-15 40.0% 15 points

Kidd is the primary defender on Allen (rarely did Kidd guard Rondo). In the last meeting against the Celtics, Ray Allen shot well below his average from FG and from behind the arch. (Kidd missed the first meeting against Boston so I didn't think it would be fair to list those numbers even though he shot even worse in that matchup.)

Furthermore, Kidd wouldn't even be playing as much as Tyreke Evans and OJ Mayo, he is there to start and to end the game. Ray Allen will be smothered by the Inmate's superior guard play on offense and defense.

Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, and Greg Monroe will rip up anything that Soup A Stars have left in their old tanks. Soup A Star's best players are old meanwhile the Death Row Inmates old players are there for leadership, championship experience, and defense. The best players are still ultra young. Good luck Soup A Stars. :)

MFFL==FML
08-07-2012, 11:16 PM
BTW, lets just look at the stars on each team for a minute... they played in the 1st round in last seasons conference quarterfinals.

Carmelo Anthony
Min: 42, FGM-FGA: 10.4-24.8, FG%: 41.9, 3PM-3PA: 0.8-3.6: 22.2, FTM-FTA: 6.2-8.2, FT%: 75.6, REB: 8.2, 0.79 ASSIST per TURNOVER, PTS: 27.8, BLK: 0.2, STL: 1.2 (Lost: 1-4 first round exit)

LeBron James
Min: 38.0, FGM-FGA: 8.6-18.0, FG%: 47.8, 3PM-3PA: 1.4-4.0, 3PT%: 35.0, FTM-FTA: 9.2-11.4, FT% 80.7, REB: 6.2, 1.33 ASSISTS per TURNOVER, PTS: 27.8, BLK: 0.2, STL: 2.2 (NBA Championship and Finals MVP)

As you can see, LeBron James played fewer minutes, scored exponentially more efficiently in FG/3PT/FT, actually had a positive assist/turnover ratio, got to the line more, beat Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks in 5 games, scored the exact same amount of points with significantly fewer shots, played astronomically better defense, and was eventually named Finals MVP after winning the championship. It's clear who owns this match up but I'm sure Soup A Stars will probably say the quarterfinals stats and game play was about even for both players...

LakersIn5
08-07-2012, 11:48 PM
i dont like death rows starting 5 but i still vote for them. in my opinion a startinp 5 of monroe,lebron,evans,mayo,irving would be deadler.

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 02:45 AM
I absolutely love the Melo-Duncan combo.

Melo actually tries on defense vs. LBJ too, which helps.

Lowry isn't much worse than Kyrie and Duncan just kills Camby/Birdman.

So I vote Kickapoo. Monroe and Camby also don't space the floor well enough for LBJ.

MFFL==FML
08-08-2012, 03:21 AM
I absolutely love the Melo-Duncan combo.

Melo actually tries on defense vs. LBJ too, which helps.

Lowry isn't much worse than Kyrie and Duncan just kills Camby/Birdman.

So I vote Kickapoo. Monroe and Camby also don't space the floor well enough for LBJ.

If I were you I wouldn't want to play me in the finals either. =p

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 04:19 AM
If I were you I wouldn't want to play me in the finals either. =p

LOL. I ain't never scared. ;) Nah thats my real opinion, I wouldn't do something like that. TBH in the finals Soup's bigs are worse matchups for me anyway. So if I had to root for a team here I'd pull for you. :p

NYtilIdie
08-08-2012, 04:47 AM
I like the Death Row Inmates, I'd start Mayo over Kidd but they're bench is what seals the deal for me. Having Kaman, Evans & Mayo off the bench is just deadly then you factor in Lebron teaming up with Monroe and Irving just a deadly combination.

Melo' always brings it against Lebron but I think the weak bench will hold them back.

AP=MVP
08-08-2012, 05:02 AM
OK, I don't like doing phlps job for him but I'm also preparing my case for the finals.

Evans will be awful for this team if he is in with LBJ. Offensively he is the anti-LBJ-complement. He needs the ball in his hands a ton and when LBJ kicks it to him, he is no threat from outside of 10 feet.

Mayo also has a pretty high USG% to be on the court with Kyrie and LBJ. And I have never understood the Kaman love, he is a trainwreck offensively (91 ORtg, and 48% TS%) with a really high USG%.

juggla53
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
He can put up forty shots if he wants. He's the primary scorer on this team. He's one of the best scorers in the league and we built this team around his skill set

and you did a great job of building a team for melo to score 35 pts on 35% shooting and lose the game, truly a fantastic job