PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mock Offseason Playoffs: 4 Houston Rockets vs. 5 Los Angeles Clippers

Catfish1314
08-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site were randomly assigned the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2012 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

The Rockets have homecourt advantage in this Western Conference Quarterfinal series.

Rockets Depth Chart:

PG-Steve Nash/Shannon Brown/Gilbert Arenas
SG-Rip Hamilton/Shannon Brown/Mikael Pietrus
SF-Corey Brewer/Hedo Turkoglu/Mikael Pietrus
PF-Kevin Garnett/Amir Johnson
C-Dwight Howard/Kevin Garnett

Clippers Depth Chart:

PG-Chris Paul / John Lucas III
SG-Gerald Henderson / James Jones
SF-Carmelo Anthony / Wesley Johnson
PF-Kris Humphries / Hakeem Warrick / Trey Thompkins
C-Anderson Varejao / Meyers Leonard / Johan Petro

Rockets Write-up:

My Offensive plan: Simple, Nash and the bigs run Pick and roll game. KG is still a top Pick and pop big and Dwight is one of the best at the pick and roll game. Rip will com off some screens and shoot his mid ranges. Dwight will be too much in the post for many and he is a very willing passer out of doubles so KG and Nash will be getting a lot of open shots.

Defense:The paint will be locked down by KG and Dwight two of the best defenders in the league. Post defense help defense Etc won't be a problem with the bigs. Brewer is a good primeter defender and can slow down Melo.

Bench: Hedo will come off the bench and do what he does best, he will run point foward. Him Brown will be able to spark the offense while having amir and pietrus there sparkng the defense.

Matchup. Paul and melo will be a handful but the the bigs is really where I have the advantage. Their depth is a big questionmark as well, Melo and paul will get his but where do they get scoring after that? My advantage is I have the bigs and a 3rd and 4th option on offense. I think the bigs andthe defense would be too much for the clippers to handle and that is why I would win in a 7 game series.

Good luck to the clippers,and good luck to you.

Depth Chart
PG:Nash 36 Brown8 Arenas 5
SG Rip 28 Brown 12 Pietrus 8
SF Brewer 22 Hedo 22 Pietrus 4
PF KG 25 Amir 23
C Dwight 38 KG 10

PocketKings
08-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Really disappointed in that the Clippers didn't submit a write-up.

The_Jamal
08-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I really want to vote Clippers here since Paul+Melo would absolutely decimate this series and Vaj+Hump are perfect bigs for that duo. However, I cannot get past the absolutely atrocious bench of the Clippers. The Rockets aren't deep by any means, but Amir, Hedo, Pietrus, and Brown can all play nice role playing minutes. The Clippers are full of 10th-11th and 12th men

Rockets in six

N3TS
08-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Rockets.

aussie
08-07-2012, 09:07 AM
pretty happy with the team we built with Dwight and KG not to mention Nash :D

phlp_bj
08-07-2012, 11:18 AM
not like my vote matters anyway so i voted for clips. as someone already mentioned, melo will kill the rockets. with that said though, rockets advance!

bigsams50
08-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Rockets. Too good defensively. KG and Dwight will lock down the paint, and Nash will have that offense rolling. Not to mention they have the advantage off the bench too

Corey
08-07-2012, 11:44 AM
I like the Clippers, but the interior presence of the Rockets paired with Nash on the outside is freaking amazing.

KnicksorBust
08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Why do the Rockets only have 10 guys?

Mr. Baller
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
DQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ /sarcasm

PocketKings
Why do the Rockets only have 10 guys?

They actually have 10. :speechless:

KnicksorBust
Either way, Rockets frontcourt is too much here. Melo would have a big series but Varejeo's lack of a threat on offense would allow Dwight to roam and really slow down Paul.

Mr. Baller
08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I count 10

PocketKings
08-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I count 10

I said 10 ;)

PocketKings
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
They have 13 players on the roster. They just didn't list 3 of them on their depth chart.

xxplayerxx23
08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
the 3 don't play lol. Next time ill make sure to put them at 0 minutes if you like, Wow I didnt think it would be this much of a blowout. I do agree Melo would kill brewer/hedo but KG and Dwight would keep him on the outside and Melo will have a tough time not being able to drive. Either way I expected a close series, I had Houston in 6.

NYYCowboys
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Sorry guys :(