PDA

View Full Version : How good can these guys be?

AndyfromNeptune
08-06-2012, 10:59 PM
In the 2010 and 2011 NBA Drafts, two all star caliber point guards were chosen: John Wall and Kyrie Irving.

Despite their placement on poor teams, I personally think they have played tremendously personally given their circumstances--Kyrie Irving especially.

My question is how good can John Wall and Kyrie Irving be in this league?

Are they consensus all stars for the rest of their careers? Can you see them leading their respective teams to deep runs in the playoffs? Can you see them even making the Hall of Fame?

Share your thoughts on these two young players.

b@llhog24
08-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Both have superstar potential. Wall's ceiling is higher due to his athletic gifts and court vision but Kyrie is more likely to reach his ceiling than Wall.

TeamSeattle
08-06-2012, 11:09 PM
John Wall has one of the lowest bball iq's I've seen in awhile for a "star" guard

Kyrie Irving...the sky is the limit for this kid. He has all the right tools to go beyond expectations.

Jint.
08-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Irving will be the best PG in the league in 3 years

THE MTL
08-06-2012, 11:23 PM
They both have superstar potential. Im anxious to see what john wall can do now that he has a decent team around him. And kyrie needs no explanation

j-bay
08-06-2012, 11:29 PM
This has to be Wall's best team yet
6th man-Crawford
PG-Wall
SG-Beal
SF-Ariza
PF-Nene
C-Okafor

The Wizards have taken all the jokers and ballhogs(McGee,Young,Blatche) and have gave Wall mature team. Each one of those guys were causing problems for Wall. Blatche was a ballhog, he wanted to do everything which took away from Wall. Young was one of the jokers of the team. McGee was also asking for too money that he didn't deserve at the time which was a distraction. Now, Wall can lead the team with no distractions and they can get to winning. I thing the Wizards will be a 7-9 seed with his new team.

seikou8
08-06-2012, 11:32 PM
wall has better potential but Irving has smarts and better jump shot

Becks2307
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Irving>Wall

Right now and forever barring anything completely odd

b@llhog24
08-06-2012, 11:36 PM
This has to be Wall's best team yet
6th man-Crawford
PG-Wall
SG-Beal
SF-Ariza
PF-Nene
C-Okafor

The Wizards have taken all the jokers and ballhogs(McGee,Young,Blatche) and have gave Wall mature team. Each one of those guys were causing problems for Wall. Blatche was a ballhog, he wanted to do everything which took away from Wall. Young was one of the jokers of the team. McGee was also asking for too money that he didn't deserve at the time which was a distraction. Now, Wall can lead the team with no distractions and they can get to winning. I thing the Wizards will be a 7-9 seed with his new team.

So what's your expectations for Wall this season?

Irving>Wall

Like Wall realizing his full potential? :eyebrow:

j-bay
08-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Irving>Wall

It could be wall just needed a better team lets not forget in the last two years, he really hasn't had a lot of help

j-bay
08-06-2012, 11:44 PM

19-20 ppg. I know its not a lot but i think with his new help he does get 11 apg with 6 rpg

seikou8
08-06-2012, 11:53 PM
19-20 ppg. I know its not a lot but i think with his new help he does get 11 apg with 6 rpg

if ts and efg improves top 10 pg for sure if this happens and he improves his jump shot top top 5

The_Jamal
08-07-2012, 12:21 AM

20-11-6 for Wall? Did I miss something where he becomes Magic Johnson in the offseason?

Becks2307
08-07-2012, 12:25 AM

Like Wall realizing his full potential? :eyebrow:

Even if they both do it would be like Prime CP3 vs Prime Rose

Most people would take CP3 no?

j-bay
08-07-2012, 12:32 AM
20-11-6 for Wall? Did I miss something where he becomes Magic Johnson in the offseason?

Lets not forget John Wall is a great passer. He has tones of weapons around him now to do it

AndyfromNeptune
08-07-2012, 12:47 AM
I think next year Kyrie Irving could average 21 points per game and 7 assists per game if he plays about 33-36 minutes per game.

Obviously, he would get a lot more assists if he had greater talent around him.

AndyfromNeptune
08-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I do not think John Wall will ever be a great scorer in this league, but I think with the team he has right now, he could average 17 points per game, 9 assists per game, 2 steals per game, and 1 block per game next year.

mRc08
08-07-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't think wall will ever be that great a player. With what little fire power they had on their team, he should have been able to put up a better ppg, even if it ment shooting more aka lower percentage. Maybe he will do better this year with an improved team, but so far I have not been impressed....

Kyrie looked great last year, and I think we all expect him to take another step forward. You like to see year to year improvement, not someone like O.J. Mayo where they had "potential" coming out, and then never really took their game to the next level. Kyrie has got to keep it up but I have faith he will.

b@llhog24
08-07-2012, 01:11 AM

Lol I was thinking the same thing, maybe 18-9 on improved percentages, defense and in his jumpshot.

Even if they both do it would be like Prime CP3 vs Prime Rose

Most people would take CP3 no?

Wall's ceiling is higher than Rose and Kyrie's ceiling is lower than Cp3's imo. And don't come with the hater line cause I freaking love Kyrie.

AndyfromNeptune
08-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Lol I was thinking the same thing, maybe 18-9 on improved percentages, defense and in his jumpshot.

Wall's ceiling is higher than Rose and Kyrie's ceiling is lower than Cp3's imo. And don't come with the hater line cause I freaking love Kyrie.

Isn't Kyrie Irving a different type of point guard than Chris Paul? Irving will probably end up being a better scorer, and Paul will probably average more assists.

As for John Wall, I do not think his offensive ceiling is that of Derrick Rose's in terms of scoring but I do think defensively he will be much better than Rose when it is all said and done. Also, Wall will probably average more assists as well.

b@llhog24
08-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Isn't Kyrie Irving a different type of point guard than Chris Paul? Irving will probably end up being a better scorer, and Paul will probably average more assists.

In terms of their approach? Sure. But the comparisons stem from the fact that they are both pg who rely on skill rather than athletic ability. And Irving can be the scorer for all I care (I'd be ecstatic actually :jumpy:) but I doubt he'll ever be a better two-way player that Paul is.

As for John Wall, I do not think his offensive ceiling is that of Derrick Rose's in terms of scoring but I do think defensively he will be much better than Rose when it is all said and done. Also, Wall will probably average more assists as well.

I'm not saying it's leaps and bounds better, its just higher. Withing all their similarities, speed, foul drawing, size, etc. Wall has one thing that Rose doesn't and it's his elite court vision.

JasonJohnHorn
08-07-2012, 03:11 AM
I don`t understand how Wall is in the conversation with Irving. Wall`s FG% is horrendous. He likely won`t even be in the league past his rookie contract if he can`t improve it.

b@llhog24
08-07-2012, 03:18 AM
I don`t understand how Wall is in the conversation with Irving.

Both went #1

Wall`s FG% is horrendous. He likely won`t even be in the league past his rookie contract if he can`t improve it.

Iverson made a pretty nice career out of it huh?

AndyfromNeptune
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Wall and Irving deserve to be in the same conversation. Both are the future elite point guards of the NBA.

Shammyguy3
08-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Irving will be very much like Chris Paul. He'll be a top-5 point guard this year if he stays healthy imo. John Wall will be a borderline all-star type player. He'll have some good seasons and some meh seasons, but nowhere near that of a top point guard in this league.

And people saying that Wall has this excellent court vision but Rose doesn't are incorrect. Rose had a 4.8 Assist/Bad Pass ratio last year... Wall had a 4.0 Assist/Bad Pass ratio. I think Rose has damn good court vision, he greatly improved (most specifically in transition) this past season. Wall's court vision is also very good. Neither are in the Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo tier. They're 2nd tier passers, which is fine.

bedford1829
08-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Wall has the bigger upside, but Kyrie is more mature and more serious about the game so he will end up being the better player.

Like someone said in earlier post, if J.Wall gets the right veteran group around him he could really flourish. Wall's speed and creativity are all unbelievable.

j-bay
08-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Wall has the bigger upside, but Kyrie is more mature and more serious about the game so he will end up being the better player.

Like someone said in earlier post, if J.Wall gets the right veteran group around him he could really flourish. Wall's speed and creativity are all unbelievable.

He actually does have a good group of vets(Nene,Okafor,Ariza). In fact him and Ariza played together this summer, so they already have alittle tempo going for them. And Beal will help Wall out in his career. Look at what history shows you. If you got the right sidekick, you can put up some good #s.

Aleksandar
08-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I prefer Irving over Wall.

Wall is more athletic, but it doesn't mean that much. Kyrie just has this natural feel for the game.

And as someone said, neither is an elite passer/true point guard.

But Irving seems to be injury prone?

Gagan136
08-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I think Kyrie will average around 20-23pts/6Asts/4Rebs/1.5stl next year
If Wall improves- 18.5pts/8.5assts/5rebs/2stl

STL Don
08-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Irving will be the best PG in the league in 3 years
:eyebrow:

Those are some monster numbers you're predicting.
I think he can definitely reach 19-20 ppg but lets hold off on the 6reb 11ast :D, those numbers would spell megastar lol

11tg635
08-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Kyrie has some of the best handles in the nba. Being a cavs fan he would have averaged way more assists last year if he had someone to score consistently. Also Kyrie is a very good shooter Wall not so much

GREATNESS ONE
08-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Get used to it here comes the next era of ballers

AndyfromNeptune
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Get used to it here comes the next era of ballers

I think with Derrick Rose out, Kyrie Irving can be the best scoring point guard in the NBA next year. The Cavaliers will really need him to score to get some wins.