PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade LBJ for Dwight?

JasonJohnHorn
08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Simple question. Dwight is on the trading block, and though he hasn't listed Miami as a potential destination, I'm sure Riley could persuade him to sign an extension. So here's the question: Would you trade LBJ for Dwight? I know LBJ is the better player, but Dwight is young and has a huge impact on the game, and since MIA has Miller and Battier, they'd still have a pretty decent SF rotation and would have the best PF/C combo in the league, as well as perhaps the best SG in the league.

So... would you trade LBJ for Dwight?

DaoudS
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
No.

D12 fan
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
No,Lebron is the best player in the NBA,why would you trade the best player in the NBA?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
No one is on Lebron's level. The only time he should be traded, is if he requests it.

Swashcuff
08-06-2012, 03:32 PM
If you asked me this a couple years ago I'd probably say yes. Now hell no.

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Well Dwight beat Lebron when Lebron had the superior team and HCA so I can understand if someone takes Dwight here. And it's not like Dwight couldn't win a title with a proven winner in Wade either. I'm quite sure they win in 2011 with Dwight. I won't say they win in 2012 simply because Dwight was injured.

D12 fan
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Well Dwight beat Lebron when Lebron had the superior team and HCA so I can understand if someone takes Dwight here. And it's not like Dwight couldn't win a title with a proven winner in Wade either. I'm quite sure they win in 2011 with Dwight. I won't say they win in 2012 simply because Dwight was injured.

I think you are a bigger Dwight fan than me.:speechless:

mvb815
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
why would you have to when orlando would take wade in a second

hell they might even take bosh and picks or cash for dwight

Losoway
08-06-2012, 03:36 PM
deleting post now ? relax a bit

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
To bad the voted aren't public. Only a fool would say yes.

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM

With Dwight's injury and antics it is.

Burgo
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Doesn't matter, either one is gonna screw you over when the greener grass comes into view.

IKnowHoops
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM

This.

No GM that ever lived would trade Bron for D12

Lakeshow24KB
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Nope. Lebron is elite in every possible aspect of the game. Moves his feet like a guard, has the strength of a center. Can get to the rim whenever and however he wants. Has a decent-good jumper. Crazy athletic and unbelievable basketball IQ.

rocket
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
When somethings not broke, don't fix it.

blastmasta26
08-06-2012, 03:50 PM
If you asked me this a couple years ago I'd probably say yes. Now hell no.

This. LeBron is dominant, and the Heat now have a small ball with great defense identity predicated on LeBron. People overstate the Heat's need for a PG/C, with LeBron running the offense and allowing Bosh to play 5, those needs don't matter as much. LeBron is the best player in the league and no one would improve the team while replacing him.

shep33
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
No way Riles would do that. LBJ is the best player in the NBA.

Teeboy1487
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I know my cousin would. Then again, he is on crack.

rothbb23
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
why is this even a question? the heat just won the championship this year, there is no way in **** they are going to trade there best player (the one that brought them the title) for ANYONE!

BGates29
08-06-2012, 03:54 PM
When did Lebron have the superior team?I remember him being the only star with a bunch of fill ins.Orlando had way more talent.But anyway the answer is **** no I wouldn't trade Lebron for anybody

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 03:59 PM
This is a better question in the summer of 2011 not the summer of 2012 when Dwight is injured and Lebron already won a title and dominated.

Now if Dwight's injury doesn't become a problem then you can reevaluate a question like this next season.

da ThRONe
08-06-2012, 04:01 PM
He's currently the games greatest by a significant margin in his prime. It's hard to believe this question is serious.

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 04:01 PM
When did Lebron have the superior team?I remember him being the only star with a bunch of fill ins.Orlando had way more talent.But anyway the answer is **** no I wouldn't trade Lebron for anybody

I don't call Ben Wallace a stiff (afterall he was the only allstar on a team that actually won the title), nor would I call Big Z a stiff (an allstar before Lebron came to the Cavs and also in Lebron's 2nd season).
And Orlando most certainly did not have more talent. They had the worst backcourt all time to even make the finals.

D12 fan
08-06-2012, 04:03 PM
This is a better question in the summer of 2011 not the summer of 2012 when Dwight is injured and Lebron already won a title and dominated.

Now if Dwight's injury doesn't become a problem then you can reevaluate a question like this next season.

Dude Dwight is not better than Lebron and he will never be.This question is not even debatable Lebron>Dwight.

RealLiveBear
08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
No, double no coming off a championship year.

Rmuniz1181
08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
D.Howard , R.Anderson , Q. Rich for LBJ

xnick5757
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
I would.

Chalmers
Wade
Battier
Bosh
Howard

Meshes better than

Chalmers
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Whoever

You have the dominate shooter (wade), an incredibly skilled shooting big man to spread the floor (bosh), and the far and away best center in the league (howard) as your rebounding force and inside scoring threat.

If I knew Howard was healthy I would do it

6cadi6
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
no

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Dude Dwight is not better than Lebron and he will never be.This question is not even debatable Lebron>Dwight.

Either you didn't read the post or you didn't understand what was being said. Nothing said that Dwight was better. What was said is that in the summer of 2011 you could have asked this question and it would have been legit. And what was also said is that for this to be legit again you would have to see how Dwight responds to his injury.

Ezio
08-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Best player for a player with a questionable back?

Rmuniz1181
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
C- d.howard/j.anthony
pf- c.bosh/r.anderson/r.lewis
sf- s.battier/m.miller/q.richardson
sg- d.wade/r.allen
pg- m.chalmers/n.cole

keetyweedy
08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
so let me get this straight LBJ is probably the best player in the league & your asking would I trade him for D12?:laugh:

gotta be a rhetorical question

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I would.

Chalmers
Wade
Battier
Bosh
Howard

Meshes better than

Chalmers
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Whoever

If I knew Howard was healthy I would do it

That's the thing now on why it is foolish. It is like asking if you are the Thunder if you would trade Durant for Rose? That may make some sense before Rose was injured, but now it would be foolish.

Yanks All Day
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Hmm. Far and away the best player in the world coming off an MVP and Finals MVP season

OR

Prima donna with a bad back and no offensive game.

Close call. But I'm gonna stick with LeBron James if I'm Miami. Offensively, you get a guy who is the best SF in the game who can also be the a top 2 PG in basketball if he chose to do so. Oh, and he can also play PF. Defensively, LeBron can guard 1-4 and some centers depending on the player and game plan. He covers so many holes on the Heat that otherwise no player in basketball can cover that the premise of this question seems silly to me.

Defensively, now you're going to have Wade on a Derrick Rose? He can't stay in front of the Roses and Westbrooks of the world. That means you're now depending on Battier and Miller to combine for 48 minutes a game? These guys are great secondary players and backups, not full time starters. Whatever Howard adds to the low post defensive presence, he takes away from Miami's perimeter defense and removes the best ball handler and decision maker on the team. Dwyane Wade cannot do what LeBron James does, and you would have to rely on him to be able to do so. Finally, there goes Miami's small lineup that simply killed teams both in transition and in the spread offense they ran so often.

Bruno
08-06-2012, 04:18 PM
no.

Ill21
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
No way

FraziersKnicks
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't call Ben Wallace a stiff (afterall he was the only allstar on a team that actually won the title), nor would I call Big Z a stiff (an allstar before Lebron came to the Cavs and also in Lebron's 2nd season).
And Orlando most certainly did not have more talent. They had the worst backcourt all time to even make the finals.

A 34 year old, 3 point/6 rebound/1 block Ben Wallace? 5 years removed from when he won that title. Zydrunas Ilgauaskas? 7 years removed from that All-Star appearance. I suppose you're one of those people that argues LeBron had Shaq and never won a title in Cleveland?

Orlando's team not only had superior support, but they were perfectly built around Dwight. In the playoffs, LeBron's posted a PER of 37.4... The next closest player? Zydrunas Ilgauskas with 14.5. I challenge you to find a bigger discrepancy of PER (22.9) on a team with a star player that went on to win a title with such little help. I'll save you the trouble of trawling through basketball-reference.. You won't. He had ABSOLUTELY no help in those playoffs. Dwight had a FAR superior cast.

Sssmush
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
We could just as easily as if someone would trade LBJ for Bynum, or for CP3.

The player values are very similar.

Clearly, you would never trade LBJ, and even if there was a player out there who was slightly better (there's not, although Kobe is a better perimeter player and pure scorer) you still wouldn't trade LBJ, because he's the superstar you got.

With a player at that level, who's chosen to make a home on your team, you are just never trading him. That should be obvious.

And anyway, CP3 or Bynum for Dwight is a much more realistic comparison.

Angry Norwegian
08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I said yes. We're talking about the dead president, right?

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 04:25 PM
not a chance in hell. Hell i wouldnt trade melo talking about lebron for dwight.

chitownredbulls
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Simple question. Dwight is on the trading block, and though he hasn't listed Miami as a potential destination, I'm sure Riley could persuade him to sign an extension. So here's the question: Would you trade LBJ for Dwight? I know LBJ is the better player, but Dwight is young and has a huge impact on the game, and since MIA has Miller and Battier, they'd still have a pretty decent SF rotation and would have the best PF/C combo in the league, as well as perhaps the best SG in the league.

To be honest....if i had D-Wade and Bosh then yes I would....but if i didn't have them then NO....:clap:

JordansBulls
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
A 34 year old, 3 point/6 rebound/1 block Ben Wallace? 5 years removed from when he won that title. Zydrunas Ilgauaskas? 7 years removed from that All-Star appearance. I suppose you're one of those people that argues LeBron had Shaq and never won a title in Cleveland?

Orlando's team not only had superior support, but they were perfectly built around Dwight. In the playoffs, LeBron's posted a PER of 37.4... The next closest player? Zydrunas Ilgauskas with 14.5. I challenge you to find a bigger discrepancy of PER (22.9) on a team with a star player that went on to win a title with such little help. I'll save you the trouble of trawling through basketball-reference.. You won't. He had ABSOLUTELY no help in those playoffs. Dwight had a FAR superior cast.

Been thru this. If he had no help how do you win the first 8 games of the playoff by 10+ every game?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26749

Josh (Los Angeles, CA): The Cavs didn?t match up well with Orlando, now all of a sudden Big Z
(PER 18.03), Mo (17.25) and Delonte (14.16) aren't a good supporting cast and Rashard (16.83), Hedo (14.82), and Pietrus (11.69) are studs?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Chad Ford: It's the style of play. The way the Magic spread the floor was a challenge for guys like Ben Wallace and Z to guard. When Varejao got in foul trouble, they struggled to keep up.

Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-EastChamps)

Cleveland Cavaliers (32 votes)

This thing is Cleveland's to lose, says our panel -- or 60.4 percent of our panel, anyway.
It's no surprise to see so many votes for a team that has the reigning MVP and won 66 games last
season. On the other hand, the Cavs had the same points in their favor in May, and were the heavy favorites to win the East at that time, too. But Orlando took care of Cleveland thanks to some amazing shooting and the dominance of Dwight Howard, and the Cavs were left licking their wounds.

Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090512)

1. Cleveland (+9.12)
Welcome to the Cleveland Invitational, ladies and gentlemen. Yes, the Pistons had given up and the Hawks had injuries, but the fact is the Cavs have won eight straight playoff games by double figures. In this case it's a continuation of the Cavs' strong finish to the season, and it doesn't appear either Boston or Orlando has the goods to make them sweat much in a conference finals.

Cleveland also has home-court advantage going for it in the final two rounds, so at this point the Cavs have to be considered a heavy favorite to win the championship. They're playing the best basketball, have the best draw, have home-court and have the best player.

They still have to play the games, of course, but the skids have already been greased. While the likes of Denver or L.A. could give them a tough fight in the Finals, at this point it appears that the only team that can beat Cleveland is Cleveland.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagicSeries.jpg

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagic2009Playoffs.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/lebron-james-check-my-stats-shirt-2.jpg

Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-10-best-teams-of-the-decade-never-to-win-a-c;_ylt=Ai8j0I4kfnCFSrGgLh3xx7q8vLYF?urn=nba,184569 )

1. Cleveland Cavaliers, 2008-09

I sort of like this also-ran, because it speaks to how we've grown as a sport-regarding culture over the years. These Cleveland Cavaliers ran up 66-wins, an almost-Bulls-like 8.9-point differential (way better than any team listed above), and had the greatest player in the game (LeBron James(notes)) at their disposal. And yet, when the team lost to the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference finals last spring, people seemed ready to smartly admit that the Cavs, for all their horses, just didn't have the horses to run with the Magic. Nobody was labeled a choker, nobody was fired, and though the team traded for one big (hopeful) problem-solver in the offseason in Shaquille O'Neal, nobody seemed to overreact and make deals for the sake of making deals. Knowing that the team will have the best player in the game, at only age 24, around for at least the next season helps too; but you have to love the lack of hand-wringing. Still, the meek ending doesn't hide the fact that this was an otherwise dominant team that won 74 of its first 90 games before falling to the Magic in six.

The Cavs had the best record all year, they had the highest point differential in winning, they had the highest SRS rating.

In the playoffs they won the first 2 rounds by 10+ points in every game and even in the playoffs the Cavs had a 8.5 pts per game differential which was the highest in the postseason that year.

Why things would have been different

1) Cavs had a 20 point lead in each of it's home games. There is no way in hell you get up by 20+ points in each home game in the conference finals without being a good team.

2) There is no reason why Lebron should have defended Rafer for most of the games at home. Rafer does not play well on the road period and most of the time doesn't play well. Another reason why this wasn't good it left Mo Williams and Delonte West to defend Lee and Hedo guys who were simply bigger than they were and thus they could shoot right over Mo Williams and Delonte West.

3) Lebron passed off on the last possession with the team down 1 point. When you are the star and your team is down and you are not up in the series, you take the shot.

4) Lebron held the ball too long on possessions. I know he did nearly everything, but it would have been quite different with a set offense then just passing the rock and expecting guys to hit shots with 4 seconds left on the shot clock when they hadn't touched the ball the entire possession.

5) Lebron simply needed to score 50+ in that game 1. He was hot, he needed to make sure the Cavs got that game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290520005 - Mentions 15 at the half, but it was 20 at one point.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290522005 - Down by 23 in the second quarter the Magic were within 12 at halftime.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290528005 - The Magic overcame a 22-point deficit but missed their first opportunity to close out the Cavaliers

Hell Jerry West averaged 37.9 ppg in the finals in 1969 and he and Wilt get the blame for losing to the Celtics because the were heavy favorites in that series.

Now had the Cavs lost to the Celtics with KG around or the Lakers those would be legit losses but losing to a team that was out in the previous season in round 1 and when you had HCA and the hands down favorite while they were missing there PG in Nelson as well doesn't bode well here.

I think what is interesting is that it shows the talent Dwight was working with as well as it shows he really didn't have much to work with. Rafer and Courtney Lee (Nets had the worse record and won 12 games last year when that was Dwight's starting backcourt), Hedo (on the Raptors had one of the worst records even with Bosh around), Lewis (on the Wizards with one of the worst records.) and that was Dwight's starting lineup when he beat Lebron without HCA. Rafer, Lee, Hedo, Lewis with Dwight himself.

The fact of the matter is Lebron had more proven guys than Dwight had and actually had guys who were instrumental in leading teams to titles in Ben Wallace (who he had in 2008/2009) and Shaq in 2010. Now those guys obviously werent the same players, but veteran leadership is more important than having a bunch of no names in Rafer and Lee in your lineup.

Before4
08-06-2012, 04:28 PM
no way. maybe a couple years ago, no way in hell now. Quite the dissertation JBulls

bucketss
08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Hmm. Far and away the best player in the world coming off an MVP and Finals MVP season

OR

Prima donna with a bad back and no offensive game.

Close call. But I'm gonna stick with LeBron James if I'm Miami. Offensively, you get a guy who is the best SF in the game who can also be the a top 2 PG in basketball if he chose to do so. Oh, and he can also play PF. Defensively, LeBron can guard 1-4 and some centers depending on the player and game plan. He covers so many holes on the Heat that otherwise no player in basketball can cover that the premise of this question seems silly to me.

Defensively, now you're going to have Wade on a Derrick Rose? He can't stay in front of the Roses and Westbrooks of the world. That means you're now depending on Battier and Miller to combine for 48 minutes a game? These guys are great secondary players and backups, not full time starters. Whatever Howard adds to the low post defensive presence, he takes away from Miami's perimeter defense and removes the best ball handler and decision maker on the team. Dwyane Wade cannot do what LeBron James does, and you would have to rely on him to be able to do so. Finally, there goes Miami's small lineup that simply killed teams both in transition and in the spread offense they ran so often.

he does have an offensive game.

knicks4life33
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
No wayyyyyy and thats for the haters from last week who think i hate on the heat .

bucketss
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
not a chance in hell. Hell i wouldnt trade melo talking about lebron for dwight.

My baby daddy is a mascot.

bucketss
08-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Been thru this. If he had no help how do you win the first 8 games of the playoff by 10+ every game?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26749

Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-EastChamps)

Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090512)

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagicSeries.jpg

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagic2009Playoffs.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/lebron-james-check-my-stats-shirt-2.jpg

Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-10-best-teams-of-the-decade-never-to-win-a-c;_ylt=Ai8j0I4kfnCFSrGgLh3xx7q8vLYF?urn=nba,184569 )

The Cavs had the best record all year, they had the highest point differential in winning, they had the highest SRS rating.

In the playoffs they won the first 2 rounds by 10+ points in every game and even in the playoffs the Cavs had a 8.5 pts per game differential which was the highest in the postseason that year.

Why things would have been different

1) Cavs had a 20 point lead in each of it's home games. There is no way in hell you get up by 20+ points in each home game in the conference finals without being a good team.

2) There is no reason why Lebron should have defended Rafer for most of the games at home. Rafer does not play well on the road period and most of the time doesn't play well. Another reason why this wasn't good it left Mo Williams and Delonte West to defend Lee and Hedo guys who were simply bigger than they were and thus they could shoot right over Mo Williams and Delonte West.

3) Lebron passed off on the last possession with the team down 1 point. When you are the star and your team is down and you are not up in the series, you take the shot.

4) Lebron held the ball too long on possessions. I know he did nearly everything, but it would have been quite different with a set offense then just passing the rock and expecting guys to hit shots with 4 seconds left on the shot clock when they hadn't touched the ball the entire possession.

5) Lebron simply needed to score 50+ in that game 1. He was hot, he needed to make sure the Cavs got that game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290520005 - Mentions 15 at the half, but it was 20 at one point.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290522005 - Down by 23 in the second quarter the Magic were within 12 at halftime.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290528005 - The Magic overcame a 22-point deficit but missed their first opportunity to close out the Cavaliers

Hell Jerry West averaged 37.9 ppg in the finals in 1969 and he and Wilt get the blame for losing to the Celtics because the were heavy favorites in that series.

Now had the Cavs lost to the Celtics with KG around or the Lakers those would be legit losses but losing to a team that was out in the previous season in round 1 and when you had HCA and the hands down favorite while they were missing there PG in Nelson as well doesn't bode well here.

I think what is interesting is that it shows the talent Dwight was working with as well as it shows he really didn't have much to work with. Rafer and Courtney Lee (Nets had the worse record and won 12 games last year when that was Dwight's starting backcourt), Hedo (on the Raptors had one of the worst records even with Bosh around), Lewis (on the Wizards with one of the worst records.) and that was Dwight's starting lineup when he beat Lebron without HCA. Rafer, Lee, Hedo, Lewis with Dwight himself.

The fact of the matter is Lebron had more proven guys than Dwight had and actually had guys who were instrumental in leading teams to titles in Ben Wallace (who he had in 2008/2009) and Shaq in 2010. Now those guys obviously werent the same players, but veteran leadership is more important than having a bunch of no names in Rafer and Lee in your lineup.

he did have help but it was mo Williams, west, vareajao not friken ben wallace:facepalm:

Mcdoh
08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
no..

todu82
08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Nope. Howard's super talented but not at the cost of trading Lebron for him.

Lakers Ghost
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM

perhaps the best SG in the League keep on dreaming

JasonJohnHorn
08-06-2012, 06:25 PM

I said "perhaps". Some would argue that D-Wade is better than Kobe. I wouldn't, but there is an argument in D-Wade's favour. This is why I said "perhaps".

Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps.

bucketss
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM

dwade is arguably the best shooting guard in the nba

xxplayerxx23
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
^Wade is the best SG in the NBA .

dsonLAL24
08-06-2012, 06:39 PM
hell no.

gambitx777
08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
no, because once you have a bad back you can never really get rid of it. this will limit him for the rest of his career