PDA

View Full Version : Who will own NY - Please don't vote if you're a Knicks/Nets fan!!

Pages : [1] 2

Jroz
08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey Guys,

This is strictly for all NON NETS/KNICKS FANS on the board, so please don't vote if possible :rolleyes: . I want to get a consensus from all basketball fans (and all of the knicks haters out there) on who will actually be the better team this year. ESPN insiders and experts have their own take on who will own NY this year, so I want to hear it from you. Please vote and leave a comment below..again Nets/Knicks fans please don't vote!!! Results will definitely be skewed, and for all non Knicks/Nets fans, please don't vote for a team because you hate the other etc, lets all display some sense and give a valid basketball reason for your answer.

Evolution23
08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Not again :/

Utd7
08-06-2012, 12:52 PM
lol this is going to get really ugly within the next hour

Cal827
08-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I think Brooklyn will surprise a lot of teams and Barely be better than the Knicks... However this depends on how Amar'e bounces back. I want to see him bounce back, but unfortunately, I have doubts.

Also, good luck on getting other Knick/Net fans away from this thread. I tried to do that in a past thread (I think it was Who's the better PF: Bosh or Amar'e?) and the first votes for Amar'e all had Knicks in their username lol

Unfortunately, as someone already noted, this will probably get bad, so I'ma gonna get my popcorn ready lol

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 12:53 PM
might as well close this, we cant see who votes so you know every knicks fan will vote...

Evolution23
08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
might as well close this, we cant see who votes so you know every knicks fan will vote...

Seriously these threads are pointless. WE have like a million of Knicks vs Nets

NYKnickFanatic
08-06-2012, 12:55 PM

Point out Knicks fans, but not one Nets fan will vote, right? :rolleyes:

Wade>You
08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I think the Knicks are the more well-rounded team, have more star power, and have the experience under their belt. I think they'll be fighting for a top 3 seed next year if they can stay healthy and get their act together.

Robbw241
08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Votes private :facepalm:

Evolution23
08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
guys check out my new knicks vs Nets thread. It's legit.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I'll respect the OP's wishes and not vote. And I came in here to say without a shadow of a doubt that the Knicks would own NY. Then I read the question lol. I think the Nets are absolutely capable of having a better year than the Knicks. It's not something I want, or even something I would bet on, but far stranger things have happened. As much crap as Knicks fans give Net fans (and vice versa, I suppose), the Nets have quickly put together a very formiddable team. Like I said, I dont see the Nets being the better team, but it certainly isnt impossible.

The question I originally thought was asked was which team would "Run NY" so to speak. No matter how good the Nets are, it will always be a Knick first town, I dont think any Net fans would argue that, but I digress as that wasnt the question at hand.

king4day
08-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I added a 3rd poll result for those who are fans of either team.

Evolution23
08-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Just close this already King4day... We have many of these threads already. Check the history and see where it leads.

JesusWears24
08-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I truly believe that this year the Knicks will be a top 3 seed in the East. If somehow the Knicks dump Amare for a good SG and a servicable PF then they would be LEGIT title contenders.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Nets

Knicks didnt improve people think they did because they got Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby who are WAYYYY passed their primes and are both 40 years old. People see their names and think of the past but look at the numbers. While Nets now add Lopez back to the mix along with Joe Johnson,Wallace,Tetovic, Evans, Watson.

Stinkyoutsider
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I think the Knicks will be the better team this year if they get some good point guard play. I hate to say Jason Kidd needs to be getting all the minutes but I see him as the only point on the team who commands respect from Melo and Amare and who will be able to distribute the ball without hearing complaining from his teammates.

Brookland looks good on paper but I need to see what Joe Johnson will do. If the Nets want a balanced team, either he or Lopez will be the first options. I want to see if Lopez can guard the paint defensively and average 10+ rebounds (because he should be now that he's getting paid). Brooks off the bench will be a real spark plug for their team with his energy and scoring...

SouthSideRookie
08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
because of continuity I vote Knicks.

Angry Norwegian
08-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I hate both teams. I wanted to root for the Nets of the two, but they are represented by some horrendous posters here. So now they annoy me without having played a game.

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 01:52 PM

very biased post but that is typical of you:eyebrow:

Jroz
08-06-2012, 01:53 PM
hah crap how do I edit the poll to allow people to see who voted..my bad

ElChinoLatino
08-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Nets

Knicks didnt improve people think they did because they got Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby who are WAYYYY passed their primes and are both 40 years old. People see their names and think of the past but look at the numbers. While Nets now add Lopez back to the mix along with Joe Johnson,Wallace,Tetovic, Evans, Watson.

Add Lopez? Wasn't he on the team already? Wallace & JJ are on the decline. Tetovic is new to the league and lets be honest, Evans is a below average player. C.J. Watson is the only non-overpaid good acquisition that the Nets have made.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Add Lopez? Wasn't he on the team already? Wallace & JJ are on the decline. Tetovic is new to the league and lets be honest, Evans is a below average player. C.J. Watson is the only non-overpaid good acquisition that the Nets have made.

How is Joe Johnson on decline? But Amare isnt?

Young and Stupid
08-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I hate both teams. I wanted to root for the Nets of the two, but they are represented by some horrendous posters here. So now they annoy me without having played a game.

Not all of us are "horrendous." ;)

Jroz
08-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Well crap, I dont know if I can edit the poll at this point so people can see who voted, or if I even can, guess it just has to be an honor system here haha

Punk
08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Like I've said before, It will be like Clippers/Lakers last season. The Knicks will own the better record but the Nets will be very close in the standings.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Like I've said before, It will be like Clippers/Lakers last season. The Knicks will own the better record but the Nets will be very close in the standings.

Not at all you have 1 scoring threat, Nets have 3. Amare is done, Tyson Chandler has no offense at all, Melo is your only scoring threat. It will be the same old Knicks. Every year I see the same predictions out of Knicks fans and its always high predicitions but then reality sets in after they realize they arent good. You didnt watch much of Melo in Denver did you?

ryang
08-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Knicks easily. And I can't Stand the Knicks..

Jroz
08-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Is it possible for a Mod to edit the poll to allow users to see who voted? It looks like someone already added a 3rd option to my poll because originally it was just for Knicks or Nets, not I am a Knicks or Nets fan?

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I added a 3rd poll result for those who are fans of either team.

How about making the votes public...

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Obviously knicks fans will vote for the knicks since you can't tell who is voting.

That's what im saying!

Punk
08-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Voting on this is pretty stupid in general.

Do you know what "decline" means? Amare is not on the decline. He is on a recline....as in he's lazy. Decline would mean, he is getting old. He's far from old or injured.

Also, Camby is past his prime but outbrounded Brook Lopez last season and defended better than Brook Lopez last season. Kidd also has better defensive numbers compared to the Nets backup PG.

The Knicks currently have a better bench. The Nets have the better backcourt. That's all.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Do you know what "decline" means? Amare is not on the decline. He is on a recline....as in he's lazy. Decline would mean, he is getting old. He's far from old or injured.

Also, Camby is past his prime but outbrounded Brook Lopez last season and defended better than Brook Lopez last season. Kidd also has better defensive numbers compared to the Nets backup PG.

The Knicks currently have a better bench. The Nets have the better backcourt. That's all.

Lopez didnt play last season so you are talking about rebounding numbers from 2 seasons ago when before that season he avg 9 a game. And no pretty much this season Amare looked like an average role player. He was awful, its because he is no longer worth the 100 million he got. His body is broken down and he will will only decline further. Knicks dont have the better bench...who Kidd and Camby? Novak the d league player who avg .2 assists in 20 minutes?

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 02:13 PM

Rather have a guy on the decline that gives it his all than a lazy player. :shrug:

I think a lot of the knicks success this season is predicated on what amare can do.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Nets

lol.

I can only imagine what you'd hafta say if Jason Kidd, and Camby woulda signed in BK. :rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
lol.

I can only imagine what you'd hafta say if Jason Kidd, and Camby woulda signed in BK. :rolleyes:

Jason Kidd wouldnt have had to play a lot with Deron Williams being the starting pg, but now Knicks got Raymond Felton one of the worst starting points in the game last season.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Hate to be that guy but how can anyone truly vote when both teams havent even played a game? The Knicks may somehow play like a 1 seed or seem out of touch and play like a 7th seed, same goes for the Nets.

Wait and see people.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Jason Kidd wouldnt have had to play a lot with Deron Williams being the starting pg, but now Knicks got Raymond Felton one of the worst starting points in the game last season.

Exactly. Felton is the starter, and in shape. Kidd is going to play 20 mins a game, @most. So what's your point? We need Kidd's leadership, knowledge, and a player who players are gonna respect in the locker room, and a champion. How many Champions are in your locker room?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Amar'e and lazy?

Sorry thats just wrong.

He may have a bad year last year for whatever reason. The guy is not lazy, he may be incompatible with Melo, but in no way he is lazy. One of the hardest working athletes around, always in peak physical condition. Two years ago, he had a ridiculous season, so I have a hard time believing he's "done."

Jarvo
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Knicks, They get a whole offseaon to workout with ech other after Melo done in London. They don't suck and will make it to the 2nd round they are good.

D12 fan
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Amar'e and lazy?

Sorry thats just wrong.

He may have a bad year last year for whatever reason. The guy is not lazy, he may be incompatible with Melo, but in no way he is lazy. One of the hardest working athletes around, always in peak physical condition. Two years ago, he had a ridiculous season, so I have a hard time believing he's "done."

If im not mistaken Amare said last season that he came in camp overweight last year,how is he always in peak physical condition?

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Amar'e and lazy?

Sorry thats just wrong.

Thank You. Amare and Felton had great chemistry the first time around and I expect them to play a lot of minutes together. Last season is a wash for most players individually. Even a lot of the best players put up numbers we are not accustomed to seeing becaue of the crazy schedule and lack of training camp----which probably impacted the Knicks most, since their top 3 players have had to learn to play together on the fly.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Exactly. Felton is the starter, and in shape. Kidd is going to play 20 mins a game, @most. So what's your point? We need Kidd's leadership, knowledge, and a player who players are gonna respect in the locker room, and a champion. How many Champions are in your locker room?

Avery Johnson thats basically the same as Kidd right now a guy that just has a voice that cant play anymore. Felton is in shape for what a sumo wrestling competition? Kidd wont do anything he didnt do anything for the Mavericks this past season but lead them to get swept.

Punk
08-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Rather have a guy on the decline that gives it his all than a lazy player. :shrug:

Trust me, there was rumors of a Joe Johnson for Amare swap and I would have found Amare and packed his bags for him.

I think a lot of the knicks success this season is predicated on what amare can do.

I agree

LA_Raiders
08-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Nets but very close...

Da Knicks
08-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Not at all you have 1 scoring threat, Nets have 3. Amare is done, Tyson Chandler has no offense at all, Melo is your only scoring threat. It will be the same old Knicks. Every year I see the same predictions out of Knicks fans and its always high predicitions but then reality sets in after they realize they arent good. You didnt watch much of Melo in Denver did you?

Dude after you wanted to suck Melo off you have being trying to trash him. I dont know who is worse out of you and Justinum I demand a battle between you and him. The first one to 80,000 posts wins, but you have to stay in that thread for the duration.

Puck017
08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the Knicks are going to play with a chip on their shoulder and surprise a lot people this season.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Dude after you wanted to suck Melo off you have being trying to trash him. I dont know who is worse out of you and Justinum I demand a battle between you and him. The first one to 80,000 posts wins, but you have to stay in that thread for the duration.

I dont know how saying Melo is the only scoring option is trashing him.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 02:37 PM
The Knicks have the defenders to hang with the Nets at all of the positions the Nets are strongest at, with the exception of PG maybe. But Brewer/Shump/Smith are all capable defenders to put on Johnson/wallace/whoever else is playing the wing and Camby/Chandler can hold down Lopez...especially on the boards.

ChicagoRox
08-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I am going say the Knicks. I think they have an overall better team and will play way better defense (Yes even with Melo and Amare.) The Nets did improve their roster greatly from last year, but not enough to be higher than a 6 seed.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Avery Johnson thats basically the same as Kidd right now a guy that just has a voice that cant play anymore. Felton is in shape for what a sumo wrestling competition? Kidd wont do anything he didnt do anything for the Mavericks this past season but lead them to get swept.

Don't be so ignorant, Educate youself... If you wanna bash the Knicks thats fine, but atleast do your homework, and know your stuff. So I can atleast try to have a civil and intelligent conversation with you. Cuz the people who actually fallow the Knicks know that Felton is in much better shape, TODAY then he was when he finished the season.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I am going say the Knicks. I think they have an overall better team and will play way better defense (Yes even with Melo and Amare.) The Nets did improve their roster greatly from last year, but not enough to be higher than a 6 seed.

Humphries and Evans would kill Camby and Chandler on the boards

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I dont know how saying Melo is the only scoring option is trashing him.

It's not trashing him...but its also not true, at all....or even close. JR smith can get as hot as anyone at any time. Amare is over 21 ppg for his career....Tyson Chandler had one of the most efficient seasons of all time last year for god's sake. Novak led the league in 3 point % (I dont care how many assists he averaged per game/ thats not what hes in there for.)

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 02:42 PM

Evans isnt going to get that much time with Wallace getting time at the 4, Humphries and your boy teletovic. Not sure why you are factoring him in there. He maybe will bring down 4 boards a game

elizur
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't be so ignorant, Educate youself... If you wanna bash the Knicks thats fine, but atleast do your homework, and know your stuff. So I can atleast try to have a civil and intelligent conversation with you. Cuzthe people who actually fallow the Knicks know that Felton is in much better shape, TODAY then he was when he finished the season.

I am a knick fan and all i know right now is the media has told us that

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Not true. Look @ the stats.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 02:45 PM
I am a knick fan and all i know right now is the media has told us that

Did you seem him @ the summer leagues? When having the interview with Mike Breen?

You could tell in his face, how much weight he's lost. He's down atleast 20 pounds.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:48 PM
It's not trashing him...but its also not true, at all....or even close. JR smith can get as hot as anyone at any time. Amare is over 21 ppg for his career....Tyson Chandler had one of the most efficient seasons of all time last year for god's sake. Novak led the league in 3 point % (I dont care how many assists he averaged per game/ thats not what hes in there for.)

Yeah Smith CAN get hot but he isnt a legit scoring threat on a night to night basis he doesnt avg 20 a game. He is more of a spot up shooter.

NYYCowboys
08-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Should have made the poll so you can see who voted for what. Guaranteed half the Nets votes are by Nets fans like DoMe.

YoungOne
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM

this. :clap:

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Did you seem him @ the summer leagues? When having the interview with Mike Breen?

You could tell in his face, how much weight he's lost. He's down atleast 20 pounds.

So how much does he weigh now 260?

RLundi
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
The thread title misled me lol. I thought you meant from a popularity standpoint, and so I voted for the Knicks before reading the poll question. But I think the Nets will be the slightly better team.

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I think knicks will be better and it's not a homer pick but that's because i dont think brook is gonna stay healthy.

I Rock Shaqs
08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
If im not mistaken Amare said last season that he came in camp overweight last year,how is he always in peak physical condition?

Overweight is not the same for everybody, he could say he's overweight when he's like 5 or 6 pounds over his usual and still be one of the best in shape. People who are concerned with their weight and always in shape like Amare is take it more seriously.

NYY 26 to 7
08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Again?

This is becoming a strange obsession with people. This is normally a topic reserved for those struggling with inferiority complex - usually mets and jets fans. And I've never understood why. I didn't realize you get a trophy for best in NY. It's also not even a rilvary in basketball as much as they are trying to force one. It won't be any different with a team in bk as opposed to nj. I've never rooted against or hated the nets and have been a die hard Knicks fan my whole life. Bk isn't much closer than they were before in nj. To me this is no big deal except the nets have put together a nice team on paper and there should be some good games. It may even develop into a nice rivalry but why would anyone other than our 2 fanbases vote on this or care at all. There is 1 goal which is to be champions of the NBA not NYC. Both teams are doing the right things and should have very good seasons ahead.

NYCEVO8
08-06-2012, 03:13 PM

LMFAO!!! I don't know what to say to this besides, how old are you?? Because you can't actually be serious

Kobe2324
08-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Will always be the Knicks...

NYY 26 to 7

You're mistaken in the context. Amare spent all off season trying to strengthen his upper body to support his injured back that he hurt against the celtics. It was not remotely extra fat or being overweight in the sense you were talking about. Amare is an extremely hard worker but added 20 lbs of muscle he said to his upper body (he was real big coming into the year). Then found himself too top heavy to be explosive so he focused on running and laying off the heavy weights. So yes you are badly mistaken.

ryang
Knicks will dominate brooklyn.. Don't need stats to back it up.. It will be shown to you this year

ElChinoLatino

Amare was plagued with injuries last year. Second Amare is two years younger than JJ and has posted better numbers than JJ.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Amare was plagued with injuries last year. Second Amare is two years younger than JJ and has posted better numbers than JJ.

2 years younger but look at the injuries and surgery Amare has gotten on his knees.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah Smith CAN get hot but he isnt a legit scoring threat on a night to night basis he doesnt avg 20 a game. He is more of a spot up shooter.

Neither does Joe Johnson anymore....;)

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Knicks will dominate brooklyn.. Don't need stats to back it up.. It will be shown to you this year

Knicks won't dominate ****. They were lucky to be in the playoffs last year with the talent they had.

Blitzbolt
08-06-2012, 03:21 PM
One day without a NY topic just 1 that's all I ask.

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 03:23 PM
new york threads are the best. Atleast we are talking about a whole team instead of one player like it used to be.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
One day without a NY topic just 1 that's all I ask.

Don't click on it then, it's very simple.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
the knicks will blow the nets out . the nets are a good team but nobody on the nets can lock down melo or amare

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
the knicks will blow the nets out . the nets are a good team but nobody on the nets can lock down melo or amare

Nobody needs to lockdown Amare he sucks now
As for Melo he is streaky if he is having an off game like he did against the Nets a few times this year Nets will be fine. Gerald Wallace and Bogans can hold up Melo. Who is going to stop Deron Williams is the question.

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I think Brooklyn will surprise a lot of teams and Barely be better than the Knicks... However this depends on how Amar'e bounces back. I want to see him bounce back, but unfortunately, I have doubts.

Also, good luck on getting other Knick/Net fans away from this thread. I tried to do that in a past thread (I think it was Who's the better PF: Bosh or Amar'e?) and the first votes for Amar'e all had Knicks in their username lol

Unfortunately, as someone already noted, this will probably get bad, so I'ma gonna get my popcorn ready lol

wait.. people think amar'e is better than bosh ?

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 03:32 PM
As for Melo he is streaky if he is having an off game like he did against the Nets a few times this year Nets will be fine. Gerald Wallace and Bogans can hold up Melo. Who is going to stop Deron Williams is the question.

jason kidd

ElChinoLatino
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
2 years younger but look at the injuries and surgery Amare has gotten on his knees.

So? He still is a better baller than JJ. Your point?

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
jason kidd

Are you serious?

Dont think a 40 yr old who had the worst season of his career can guard an elite pg, when Deron puts him in the retirment home after breaking his ankles then who?

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 03:38 PM
So? He still is a better baller than JJ. Your point?

Who was the all star this year? Who werent further in the playoffs?

ryang
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Knicks won't dominate ****. They were lucky to be in the playoffs last year with the talent they had.

I hate the knicks 2 but they are a better basketball team then brooklyn.. Period.. who should have taken the knicks spot in the playoffs last year?? Not brooklyn..

ElChinoLatino

Jason Kidd. He can guard just about any guard in the league, even at his current age.

NY007
Net fans... Nets!

Knicks fans... Knicks!

Knicks haters.. Nets!

Argue, insult, rape.. Blah blah blah

Losoway
im sorry . im a nets fans and a knicks fan

but lets be realistic the nets are no where near the knicks . melo /jr/novak/amare will have a field day with the nets

not right now

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I hate the knicks 2 but they are a better basketball team then brooklyn.. Period.. who should have taken the knicks spot in the playoffs last year?? Not brooklyn..

The knicks were only in the playoffs last year because of lin.

And 2 years ago they had a great start before melo came.

Neither team will get out of the 2nd round but i laugh when people overrate the knicks.

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Jason Kidd. He can guard just about any guard in the league, even at his current age.

Pass that over here.

NY007
08-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Are you serious?

Dont think a 40 yr old who had the worst season of his career can guard an elite pg, when Deron puts him in the retirment home after breaking his ankles then who?

O no not you!!! The biggest moron on the nba forum.. This thread is officially ruined lmao

NY007
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Neither team will get out of the 2nd round but i laugh when people overrate the knicks.

And then the 2nd biggest moron in the NBA forum, this thread is destroyed lol

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
im sorry . im a nets fans and a knicks fan

but lets be realistic the nets are no where near the knicks . melo /jr/novak/amare will have a field day with the nets

not right now

Forgot about Novak damn how could I forget one of the best players in the league?

ryang
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Im not over rating the knicks.. me saying there better then brooklyn means im over rating them?? Knicks > b.k.

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 03:47 PM

We can put Shump on Deron, Brewer on JJ and Tyson on Lopez....i wish them all good luck dealing with that defense

Losoway
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Forgot about Novak damn how could I forget one of the best players in the league?

novak would just set up in the corner and drain 3s on the nets

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
novak would just set up in the corner and drain 3s on the nets

Novak was a beast vs miami in the first round...

We can put Shump on Deron, Brewer on JJ and Tyson on Lopez....i wish them all good luck dealing with that defense

And once again the knicks offense would be horrible.

DoMeFavors

Well "shump" wont play a game against the Nets since their last game against each other in February.

meloman1592

You have constantly said Lin isn't good and now he's the reason the knicks made the playoffs? Melos month of April meant nothing right. You sound like a fool

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 03:50 PM

What does that have to do with the KNicks vs Nets next season? Seriously, why do you act like such an ***?

oak2455
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM

Dude get some sun seriously... you're funny I live in one if not the best areas and I have how many post ? :clap: and yes Miami is the greatest thing since slice bread we know... :facepalm:

oak2455
08-06-2012, 03:54 PM
You have constantly said Lin isn't good and now he's the reason the knicks made the playoffs? Melos month of April meant nothing right. You sound like a fool

What does that have to do with the KNicks vs Nets next season? Seriously, why do you act like such an ***?

He's my favorite posters day or night he's here... he's on the Knicks dick:clap:

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 03:54 PM

Lin isn't good, and he was the reason you made the playoffs.

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Lin isn't good, and he was the reason you made the playoffs.

Cool story bro

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Since Justinm1 can bring up the Heat in any Knicks thread, I can bring up the Giants!

Giants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> etc the Miami Dolshits lmao

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 03:59 PM
oh yea and eli is better than tannehill! Lmao am i annoying yet?

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Since Justinm1 can bring up the Heat in any Knicks thread, I can bring up the Giants!

Giants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> etc the Miami Dolshits lmao

Cool story bro.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 04:00 PM
the nets defensive is no where near or on the same planet as THE HEAT

novak would have his way in the corner.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
you should have made the poll options public. No way of telling who voted for which team.

My answer is the Nets.

juster1028
08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Cool story bro.

All this guy does is post pad and bring the heat into every thread. He probably has 10 tabs open and just shuffles through threads throwing in tidbits of useless information.

There.. I logged on for that. Back to lurking.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Novak scares nobody I dont even know why anyone would bring a poor role player into this topic. I see no other teams do that except for the Knicks.

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Are you serious?

no i wasn't serious.. regardless i've been seeing you talk so much **** about kidd and camby when in fact cambys numbers werent bad at all last year.. those are 2 GREAT pick ups for NY.. back up center and point guard who would be starting on many teams

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
no i wasn't serious.. regardless i've been seeing you talk so much **** about kidd and camby when in fact cambys numbers werent bad at all last year.. those are 2 GREAT pick ups for NY.. back up center and point guard who would be starting on many teams

Kidd would start on what teams?

Kashmir13579
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Which team will play better defense? Thats really what it comes down to imo.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Which team will play better defense? Thats really what it comes down to imo.

Nets dont need defense we have the New England Pats of the NBA

Kashmir13579
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM

lol

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Kidd would start on what teams?

I'd start Kidd over Felton and im guessing it might just happen.. Bobcats, Raptors, Knicks, Portland, if rio didn't show up last year in the playoffs i'll bet Miami would have done it as well, Rockets.. thats off the top

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd start Kidd over Felton and im guessing it might just happen.. Bobcats, Raptors, Knicks, Portland, if rio didn't show up last year in the playoffs i'll bet Miami would have done it as well, Rockets.. thats off the top

So a coach would start a 39 yr old on a Bobcats team that is rebuilding over guys? Toronto would start Kidd over Lowry or even Jose? Portland just drafted a PG in the lottery so why would they start JASON KIDD Over him? Kidd is 39 and helping nobody. Nobody would start Kidd except maybe Miami.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:18 PM

I think they will both be close, record wise, battling for the 4 and 5 seeds with Philly potentially. The Nets will probably be able to carry a top 12-15 offense, but their defense will be in the bottom 1/3 of the NBA. I think NY will finish top 10 in defense, and around 20th in offense.

Kashmir13579
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I think they will both be close, record wise, battling for the 4 and 5 seeds with Philly potentially. The Nets will probably be able to carry a top 12-15 offense, but their defense will be in the bottom 1/3 of the NBA. I think NY will finish top 10 in defense, and around 20th in offense.

I think thats probably pretty accurate.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 04:22 PM

This seems pretty accurate I'd say.

I think the Knicks have a much better chance of improving their offense, then the Nets do of improving their defense. From a personnel standpoint IMO.

IIISSKiLL
So a coach would start a 39 yr old on a Bobcats team that is rebuilding over guys? Toronto would start Kidd over Lowry or even Jose? Portland just drafted a PG in the lottery so why would they start JASON KIDD Over him? Kidd is 39 and helping nobody. Nobody would start Kidd except maybe Miami.

rio must be the worst point guard in the league in your opinion then ?

DoMeFavors

Philly isnt in Nets league

oak2455
08-06-2012, 04:23 PM

So you'll just lose to the Giants over n over ... Cool

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 04:23 PM
over lowry no, over jose yes

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
rio must be the worst point guard in the league in your opinion then ?

No it just makes sense Miami is a contender and like older guys and Kidd is a better passer than Mario.

Hawkeye15
This seems pretty accurate I'd say.

I think the Knicks have a much better chance of improving their offense, then the Nets do of improving their defense. From a personnel standpoint IMO.

They do, but they also have players who are offensive killers, efficiency wise, and I am looking right at you JR Smith. Plus the bench won't be very good offensively, and if they lose Chandler/Amare/Melo for any good stretch of time, goodbye top 15 offensive rating...

IIISSKiLL

the nets havent proven ANYTHING yet.. yes they had a lot of injuries last season but so did the knicks and at least they made it to the playoffs

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:25 PM

sorry bud, but they are. Anytime a team has an elite defense, they are in the conversation for a good seed.

I would love to see your comments on Kidd if he were a Net. I guarantee they would literally be the opposite of everything you are saying now.

Ill21

You have to be kidding me.

LongIslandIcedZ
They do, but they also have players who are offensive killers, efficiency wise, and I am looking right at you JR Smith. Plus the bench won't be very good offensively, and if they lose Chandler/Amare/Melo for any good stretch of time, goodbye top 15 offensive rating...

I can agree with that

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-06-2012, 04:26 PM
the nets havent proven ANYTHING yet.. yes they had a lot of injuries last season but so did the knicks and at least they made it to the playoffs

Completely different teams from 2011 to now.

knicksfan42
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM

I can't speak for the Nets, but as for the Knicks I disagree. I think defensively we'll be a top 7 team (probably top 5). We were 19th offensively last year without a PG for a third of the season and with both Melo and Amare posting career low shooting numbers. I think we'll be 12-15 offensively.

oak2455

You're correct they make the playoffs and they've won a championship ;)

marj987
Are you serious?

Basically what you are saying is every player at every position for the nets Is better than each and every player the Knicks have at each position respectively.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:28 PM
I can agree with that

I am so interested to see what Felton looks like though. If motivated and not fat, he can be pretty damn solid. He is the question mark for me, and maybe one of the key guys on the offensive side of the ball. Woodson likes to use traditional sets, meaning his PG will initiate the offense and get it back many times throughout a possession. If Felton can play like he did when he felt comfortable being the Knicks playmaker, they may be a nice surprise if they can stay healthy.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I can't speak for the Nets, but as for the Knicks I disagree. I think defensively we'll be a top 7 team (probably top 5). We were 19th offensively last year without a PG for a third of the season and with both Melo and Amare posting career low shooting numbers. I think we'll be 12-15 offensively.

the problem is, those guys that missed time with injury......always do. The Knicks depth will hurt them for periods of time this season. The teams that finish up top in the standings are either blessed with great health to their stars (OKC), or deep enough to sustain foul trouble and injuries (Chicago). Being a team that is needing a health miracle is not ideal.

Ill21
I am so interested to see what Felton looks like though. If motivated and not fat, he can be pretty damn solid. He is the question mark for me, and maybe one of the key guys on the offensive side of the ball. Woodson likes to use traditional sets, meaning his PG will initiate the offense and get it back many times throughout a possession. If Felton can play like he did when he felt comfortable being the Knicks playmaker, they may be a nice surprise if they can stay healthy.

If Felton and Amare can play the way the did in 2010, they will be a force in the east.

IIISSKiLL
Completely different teams from 2011 to now.

still haven't proven anything yet

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
still haven't proven anything yet

Maybe give the season a chance to start?

LongIslandIcedZ

From what I've seen of him this summer, he definitely isnt fat. Whether or not he is motiviated, well thats still up in the air. If Felton can be a legitimate playmaker and get Amar'e involved, helping him play like he did in 2010, then I think the Knicks can be a 2-3 seed IMO. The biggest thing for this Knicks offense is cohesion. That falls right on the shoulders of Felton and Kidd. They have to get everyone involved within the flow of the offense, and elimitate ball stopping. Unfortatuntely that is a lot to ask two mediocre PG's.

Damn, I miss Lin

JOhnnyTHaJet
If Felton and Amare can play the way the did in 2010, they will be a force in the east.

Problem is they wont. This offensive system is completely different and Melo controls the ball now. No way does Amare and Felton play like they did in 2010, thats more of a pipe dream.

DoMeFavors
sorry bud, but they are. Anytime a team has an elite defense, they are in the conversation for a good seed.

I would love to see your comments on Kidd if he were a Net. I guarantee they would literally be the opposite of everything you are saying now.

defense means nothing, especially when you have no stars to back up the offense

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe give the season a chance to start?

im waiting for brooklyn and new york fans to do that

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Knicks will own manhattan. Nets will own BK.

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 04:34 PM

lol joe johnson got you gassed up

Ill21
08-06-2012, 04:35 PM

O so melo isn't a star? But you where the one praying for him to be a net

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Knicks will own manhattan. Nets will own BK.

There are more Knick fans in Brooklyn then Net fans. That should go without saying.

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 04:37 PM

My new sig lmaoooooooo

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 04:37 PM
O so melo isn't a star? But you where the one praying for him to be a net

he was talking about philly

ElChinoLatino
08-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Pass that over here.

Do you need to be reminded of the 2010-2011 Finals?

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 04:43 PM
this thread provided me with lots of comedy today

knicksfan42
08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
the problem is, those guys that missed time with injury......always do. The Knicks depth will hurt them for periods of time this season. The teams that finish up top in the standings are either blessed with great health to their stars (OKC), or deep enough to sustain foul trouble and injuries (Chicago). Being a team that is needing a health miracle is not ideal.

Melo does typically miss some time with injury, not much though, no real major injuries. He misses about 10 games a year. I don't know whats going to happen with Amare. He has been relatively healthy since he was poked in the eye back in 09, playing 82 and 78 games the following seasons. Stat actually doesn't always miss games. Other than the knees early in his career and getting poked in the eye he's been relatively healthy. He has had back problems lately, but he hasn't missed too much time from that. As much as I dislike Stat I will admit that he is one of the best conditioned athletes in the NBA and gives 200% to his physical workouts. He can decide to gain 40 lbs and he'll be 40lbs heavier by the start of next season. He can decide to lose 60 lbs and he'll lose 60 lbs. So I will credit Stat for that. Healthy will be a huge factor though, but a healthy Knicks team is IMO better than the Nets.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Man, I think Amare's best days are behind him. If he can find some way to play at his former high level, oh yeah, it helps the Knicks cause.

NYY 26 to 7
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM

These are 2 of the most misinformed statements ever. Why do people keep insisting Lin was the reason the Knicks made the playoffs? They were 16-11 during Lins time playing. How about firing mike dantoni - I guess the 18-6 record had nothing to do with making the playoffs well after the "linsanity" run. Or Melos insane end of the season they went 12-5 to finish up. No your right it was all that 6 game Lin streak. Nevermind that we lost 6 straight games at the end of that gret run.

Also before the Melo trade the Knicks were a game under .500 so not sure what your getting at there either. But as much as you like to come troll in the Knicks forum it makes sense.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM

Do you actually believe the stuff you write, or just do it to piss people off?

N3TS
08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
This rivalry should be good, especially since both teams have no shortages of talent. I also didn't vote.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
There are more Knick fans in Brooklyn then Net fans. That should go without saying.

Maybe now but in a year or two? Nope

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Melo does typically miss some time with injury, not much though, no real major injuries. He misses about 10 games a year. I don't know whats going to happen with Amare. He has been relatively healthy since he was poked in the eye back in 09, playing 82 and 78 games the following seasons. Stat actually doesn't always miss games. Other than the knees early in his career and getting poked in the eye he's been relatively healthy. He has had back problems lately, but he hasn't missed too much time from that. As much as I dislike Stat I will admit that he is one of the best conditioned athletes in the NBA and gives 200% to his physical workouts. He can decide to gain 40 lbs and he'll be 40lbs heavier by the start of next season. He can decide to lose 60 lbs and he'll lose 60 lbs. So I will credit Stat for that. Healthy will be a huge factor though, but a healthy Knicks team is IMO better than the Nets.

The Knicks have one thing going for them that I really haven't factored in to my predictions. The core has been together for a full season, and should be more comfortable heading into this season. The Nets are going to be figuring each other out for half a season.

Both of your teams are reliant on great health, there just isn't depth there. So it may come down to just that.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 04:55 PM

Thats why we use that lineup when we are already up by double digits :D

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Maybe now but in a year or two? Nope

The Nets are going to have more fans than the KNicks from Brooklyn in a year or two? Come on man, you dont actually believe that.

The Knicks are probably the most popular team in the league. The only way the Nets will have more fans them then in a "year or two," is if they win rings, which obviously isnt happening this year.

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
actually if you have a good defense you can most likely atleast make the playoffs. Without offense, you wont get far at all though unless you get lucky and play a team that gets a big injury or something.

knicksfan42
08-06-2012, 04:58 PM
The Knicks have one thing going for them that I really haven't factored in to my predictions. The core has been together for a full season, and should be more comfortable heading into this season. The Nets are going to be figuring each other out for half a season.

Both of your teams are reliant on great health, there just isn't depth there. So it may come down to just that.

Yep the chemistry should be a lot better as well.

jimm120
08-06-2012, 05:00 PM

These are 2 of the most misinformed statements ever. Why do people keep insisting Lin was the reason the Knicks made the playoffs? They were 16-11 during Lins time playing. How about firing mike dantoni - I guess the 18-6 record had nothing to do with making the playoffs well after the "linsanity" run. Or Melos insane end of the season they went 12-5 to finish up. No your right it was all that 6 game Lin streak. Nevermind that we lost 6 straight games at the end of that gret run.

Also before the Melo trade the Knicks were a game under .500 so not sure what your getting at there either. But as much as you like to come troll in the Knicks forum it makes sense.

True.
We did well with Lin alone.
We did well with Melo alone.
We did well with Melo, Lin, and Amare.

1) The main problem were injuries
-Baron taking 1/2 the season to get back and then getting injured in the playoffs
-Lin missing the last 1/3 of a SHORTENED season and playoffs
-Amare missing the last month of the season plus then fighting an Extinguisher

2) Dantoni
-Danotni was always inconsistent. With the "godly team" that people say the Knicks had before Melo, they were 3-8 to start. Yeah, they went 13-1 but then were 12-17 before the Melo trade. I believe that falls on Dantoni.
-This past season, Dantoni just plays his players horribly all season long. ONly sustained success was during "Linsanity", in which we beat up on a whole bunch of scrub teams, aside for Dallas (which had JR Smith and Amare back by then) and the Lakers (lin alone). We fire Dantoni and wow...we go 6-0 with our healthy team and 12-5 with Melo alone (18-6 overall).

So yeah, everything you said Justininum is just not very clear nor correct...and considering that you DO seem to be a pretty smart poster that can analyze between good and bad, I really feel that it must be hate (or obvious trolling) that leads you to say a comment like that.

Cal827
08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
If Amare plays on his 2010 level pre melo, then I think that the Knicks win that division easy... But that's just really unlikely lol

ElChinoLatino
08-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Who was the all star this year? Who werent further in the playoffs?

Oh you want to talk about accolates? Who has a Rookie of the Year trophy? Who was in an All-NBA First Team? They have the same amount of All-Stars despite starting the league a year later and have a freak injuries. Not only that but even though he's has played 190 games/8,000 minutes less JJ, Stoud is only 900 points behind him.

Who went further into the playoffs you mean? It doesn't really matter cause that's a TEAM statistic. But even so if you still want to talk about it as it would matter INDIVIDUALLY, Robbert Horry is a better player than JJ and Stoud since he has been deeper into the playoffs and the most than both JJ and Stoud combined.

TFleury14
08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm honestly confused as to why anybody takes Domefavors seriously.. especially enough to provide him a logical response...

Anyway we should wait until the season starts to answer this question. Also everyone is forgetting to factor in injuries. Will Lopez be able to stay healthy, will Amar'e be able to stay healthy. That's something of importance to factor in. If both teams stay healthy i'd say the Knicks. They have much more depth and are much better defensively. Yes the Nets frontcourt is better, but JJ is not the player he used to be. Obviously neither is Amar'e. Honestly the only offensive threats on the Nets are Deron Williams and Brook Lopez(if healthy.) This isn't meant to belittle JJ, he still can be an offensive threat, but i'm not sure if consistency will be his bread and butter

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
If Amare plays on his 2010 level pre melo, then I think that the Knicks win that division easy... But that's just really unlikely lol

Well there was talk of him being an MVP candidate that year before Melo so if he plays at his typical all-star level then they should still be able to win the division.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
the nets are not better then the knicks . im a lil bothered this thread is still open

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
the nets are not better then the knicks . im a lil bothered this thread is still open

i like that its still open....hopefully justinm1 and domefavors provide me with more comedy

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Do you actually believe the stuff you write, or just do it to piss people off?

Many people on here like to compliment other teams and say nice things but thats not who I am. I like competition and ill be the last to say good things about other teams. I find the negatives and go with that. This board has to many of the same kinds of people.

IIISSKiLL
Oh you want to talk about accolates? Who has a Rookie of the Year trophy? Who was in an All-NBA First Team? They have the same amount of All-Stars despite starting the league a year later and have a freak injuries. Not only that but even though he's has played 90 games/8,000 minutes less JJ, Stoud is only 900 points behind him.

Who went further into the playoffs you mean? It doesn't really matter cause that's a TEAM statistic. But even so if you still want to talk about it as it would matter INDIVIDUALLY, Robbert Horry is a better player than JJ and Stoud since he has been deeper into the playoffs and the most than both JJ and Stoud combined.

i hate it when people bring up robert horry and his rings.. listen i'd easily take amar'e over jj but both have horrible contracts and both arent the same players they once were... i blame melo or maybe i blame amar'e for not being able to be the 2nd option.. and jj idk who i blame maybe the FO for giving him way 2 much money.. point is that the Knicks have a better TEAM then the Nets forget about amar'e and jj for a second just look at the knicks bench, the starting line up.. besides deron williams the Knicks win in every other position

maddBat
obvi the knicks. the nets havent played a game together yet. the nets have the potential to be better but that will have to wait till we actually play some games.

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Many people on here like to compliment other teams and say nice things but thats not who I am. I like competition and ill be the last to say good things about other teams. I find the negatives and go with that. This board has to many of the same kinds of people.

You can make legitimate arguments and have great competition without sounding like a lunatic

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 05:14 PM
The Nets are going to have more fans than the KNicks from Brooklyn in a year or two? Come on man, you dont actually believe that.

The Knicks are probably the most popular team in the league. The only way the Nets will have more fans them then in a "year or two," is if they win rings, which obviously isnt happening this year.

The knicks are the most popular team in the league? Obviously you've never been at msg when the Lakers come to town.

And the Nets popularity is already sky rocketing in bk. I live there i would know and if you dont want to take my word read an article about it.

And nobody knows what to expect from the Nets.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 05:15 PM

well, if that is your goal, you are succeeding to some degree.

Whatever spins your wheel dude. Me, I like to talk sports a bit deeper then the local idiots around the water cooler at work, and that pesky thing about being respectful and stuff gets in my way. Furthermore, I am a fan of the sport itself, and don't wear blinders that force complete irrationality out of me. But hey, if that is what you want to be perceived as doing, nobody is going to stop you.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
i hate it when people bring up robert horry and his rings.. listen i'd easily take amar'e over jj but both have horrible contracts and both arent the same players they once were... i blame melo or maybe i blame amar'e for not being able to be the 2nd option.. and jj idk who i blame maybe the FO for giving him way 2 much money.. point is that the Knicks have a better TEAM then the Nets forget about amar'e and jj for a second just look at the knicks bench, the starting line up.. besides deron williams the Knicks win in every other position

Look at Amare's career playoff production. Look at Johnson's. I would take Amare over Johnson 10/10 times.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Look at Amare's career playoff production. Look at Johnson's. I would take Amare over Johnson 10/10 times.

Its not about all time its about currently. You dont see JJ punching walls or doing stupid dunks so he misses games in the playoffs. (happened twice in last 2 years)

tcav701
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Today its a tossup...

In February when the Nets get Dwight, Brooklyn will run NY.

SteBO
08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
If we're just looking at rosters right now, it's the Knicks. I just love what they've done with that team. They brought in a good amount of defensive toughness to surround 'Melo & Amare. I haven't eased off my stance that at the end of the day that those two guys need to improve as leaders and raise their games when it matters, but as of now, the Knicks have the better team. The Nets have to prove themselves first.....

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Its not about all time its about currently. You dont see JJ punching walls or doing stupid dunks so he misses games in the playoffs. (happened twice in last 2 years)

Haven't seen JJ not morph into an average player in the playoffs since his last year in Phoenix either.

Like I said, give me Amare anyday over Johnson. Joe Johnson is the most overrated, "star" in the league in my opinion.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=stoudam01&y1=2012&p2=johnsjo02&y2=2012

Look at the monster difference over their careers. Johnson shrinks, Amare beasts.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=johnsjo02&y1=2012&p2=stoudam01&y2=2012

Yeah, Amare still far better, even though they both dropped some. Seriously, Joe Johnson becomes a below average NBA player come playoffs.

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Today its a tossup...

When NY gets dwight it won't be close.

ElChinoLatino
08-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Ummmm, I know. I voted Knicks. Tell that to DoMeFavors, he is the one who has no idea of what he is talking about.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Haven't seen JJ not morph into an average player in the playoffs since his last year in Phoenix either.

Like I said, give me Amare anyday over Johnson. Joe Johnson is the most overrated, "star" in the league in my opinion.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=stoudam01&y1=2012&p2=johnsjo02&y2=2012

Look at the monster difference over their careers. Johnson shrinks, Amare beasts.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=johnsjo02&y1=2012&p2=stoudam01&y2=2012

Yeah, Amare still far better, even though they both dropped some. Seriously, Joe Johnson becomes a below average NBA player come playoffs.

Because the game plan for the teams against Joe was the make sure he struggles, there was really nobody else on the Hawks who was a scoring threat. It helped Joe when Jamal Crawford was there.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 05:32 PM
JJ made an allstar team last year while playing 3 diff positions Amare was terrible. Gimme JJ all day

ElChinoLatino
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Today its a tossup...

Captain Hindsight to the rescue :superman:

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Because the game plan for the teams against Joe was the make sure he struggles, there was really nobody else on the Hawks who was a scoring threat. It helped Joe when Jamal Crawford was there.

totally, and Amare went unguarded through countless playoff games....

Johnson sucks when the real games start. Has his whole career.

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Amar'e is someone who has proven himself in this league regardless of whats been happening to him.. imagine what would have happened if he didn't jump off the bench when horry cheap shot steve nash in the playoffs.. joe johnson IMO was never built to lead a team or be the first option on a team but maybe being the 2nd or 3rd option on the nets will help him become what he once was.. i think in atl you saw when upset that the team was more into teague and horford but regardless i don't think he was ever meant to be THE GUY.. only time will tell but i'm glad the east is improving

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 05:45 PM

All I have to say is Steve Nash and all those 3 point threats giving Amare a ton of room.

tcav701
08-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Captain Hindsight to the rescue :superman:

Did you mean foresight?

KingsOfQueens
08-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Don't listen to DoMeFavors. Biggest troll and joke on PSD.

Supposedly its also a girl. :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 05:47 PM
All I have to say is Steve Nash and all those 3 point threats giving Amare a ton of room.

Johnson had plenty of help, but continued to fade each and every season in the playoffs. Belive what you want, the proof is out there for everyone to see.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM

Ridiculously small sample sizes for the loss. You must of been one of those ignorant ppl saying arod sucked cuz of his post season numbers.

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
IMO I think JJ is just happy being paid a **** load of money I don't think he cares all that much about winning or what people think of him.. I also think deron williams is a GREAT point guard who can play his *** off but he's another player who only cares about cash money.. he was never going to Dallas he want the 100 mill.. I mean you're talking about the first "star" who jumped ship to play for 5 mill during the lock out.. and don't gimme that "he wanted to play" ********... I don't think either of those two have the heart to compete for anything but money and they already have that.. but those are my opinions i don't know these people.. if ANYONE wants to beat miami they need to start taking LESS money to build BETTER teams.. Amar'e and Melo messed it up for New York to get Chris Paul.. that team would have been SERIOUS

Nycbball08
08-06-2012, 05:51 PM

He doesnt sound like a fool... He is a fool..!!:facepalm:

Jroz
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Well I really wish we could see who actually voted but I'm the fool who forgot to enable it..if anyone actually really cares we can always do another thread? :) hahah

tcav701
08-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Well I really wish we could see who actually voted but I'm the fool who forgot to enable it..if anyone actually really cares we can always do another thread? :) hahah

Thats the only way to ensure NY and Brooklyn fans are voting properly...and the Knick fans arent creating names to vote on this poll.

It has happened before lol.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Ridiculously small sample sizes for the loss. You must of been one of those ignorant ppl saying arod sucked cuz of his post season numbers.

JJ has played 62 career playoff games, 831 regular season games.

From regular season to playoffs, his PER drops from 16.4 to 13.8. His TS% drops from 52.9 to 49.5. His offensive rating drops from 108 to 101. His WS/48 drop from .097 to .037. He goes from good, to below average across the board. $20 million to get a guy who gives you 16.8 ppg on 41% shooting, for a guy who has given a grand total of 1.9 total win shares in his playoff career.

Now, Amare, in 60 playoff games, and 624 regular season games, goes from a PER of 22.2 to 22.6. TS% stays around the same. Offensive rating stays the same. WS/48 drops by 1/100th of a point. 23/9 on 50% shooting, contributing 7.5 win shares in the same amount of playoff games.

Very distinct difference.

IIISSKiLL
08-06-2012, 05:56 PM

nah man just start a dwight howard thread there isn't any of those ;)

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 06:05 PM

From regular season to playoffs, his PER drops from 16.4 to 13.8. His TS% drops from 52.9 to 49.5. His offensive rating drops from 108 to 101. His WS/48 drop from .097 to .037. He goes from good, to below average across the board. $20 million to get a guy who gives you 16.8 ppg on 41% shooting, for a guy who has given a grand total of 1.9 total win shares in his playoff career.

Now, Amare, in 60 playoff games, and 624 regular season games, goes from a PER of 22.2 to 22.6. TS% stays around the same. Offensive rating stays the same. WS/48 drops by 1/100th of a point. 23/9 on 50% shooting, contributing 7.5 win shares in the same amount of playoff games.

What is percentage is 62 of 831 games? Like less than 1%? Brilliant way to judge him.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
What is percentage is 62 of 831 games? Like less than 1%? Brilliant way to judge him.

62 playoff games is PLENTY of time to judge a player dude. Just because you don't like the results doesn't change the fact Johnson has been a continual shrinker in the playoffs.

tcav701
08-06-2012, 06:09 PM

its actually 7.5%.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
62 playoff games is PLENTY of time to judge a player dude. Just because you don't like the results doesn't change the fact Johnson has been a continual shrinker in the playoffs.

Its 7.5% of games actually really dumb

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone. Thats the problem with you sometimes you look to much into those kind of stats instead of just watching the game and seeing for yourself. A person can have those stats and hit a game winner and thats all that matters.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 06:13 PM

Well 83 games would be 10%, so I highly doubt 62 is less than 1%. But hey, keep arguing, you're winning.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Its 7.5% of games actually really dumb

Well, then keep hoping he miraculously figures it out come playoff time after not doing so 7 times before..

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone. Thats the problem with you sometimes you look to much into those kind of stats instead of just watching the game and seeing for yourself. A person can have those stats and hit a game winner and thats all that matters.

oh, I don't know. Analysts, media, statiticians, coaches, scouts, GM's, agents, you know, the people who run the NBA.

I have literally no interest in what your opinion of me is, but thank you for offering it.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 06:23 PM

...for that game. We are talking about consistently poor performances--taking your team out of contention. Based on those numbers, it's safe to assume that he has done that to his team in the playoffs more times than he has hit a game winner.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Well, then keep hoping he miraculously figures it out come playoff time after not doing so 7 times before..

Yea man hopefully by some miracle he can beat those 7% odds

Aust
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
:facepalm:
You should have let it shown who voted. I bet a ton of Knick/Nets voted for their team

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
You should have let it shown who voted. I bet a ton of Knick/Nets voted for their team

No doubt...can a mod change the poll to show who voted?

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
I bet justinnum voted for nets, I can guarantee that lol. He would have voted for bobcats over knicks

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2012, 07:10 PM

Are there really that many Nets fans who post here?

Punk
08-06-2012, 07:14 PM

:laugh:

Puck017
08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
its actually 7.5%.

While your math is correct you logic is faulty. As far as percentage of games he's played in his career it would be 62/(831+62) = .0694 => 7%

Byronicle
08-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Knicks. They have more depth, and they played with each other for much longer. Nets were ravaged by injuries, they haven't had a full team yet and been able to develop good chemistry. Knicks will be better defensively, where Wallace is BKN's only prominent defender. Knick's bigmen and their SG's are good defenders

PG - DWilliam, CJ Watson vs Kidd, Felton (BKN Wins)
SG - JJ, Brooks and Bogans vs Smith, Brewer and Shumpert (BKN Wins but not by a lot)
SF - Wallace vs Melo, Novak (NYK Wins)
PF - Hump, Evans vs Amare and Thomas (NYK Wins)
C - Lopez vs Chandler, Camby (NYK Wins)

NYK is more well rounded and have a better defensive coach plus now a good quality PG duo, with veteran Kidd to quarterback their offense

YashBoone
08-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Why try to exclude ny fans when we know more about the subject then anyone, first hand, bullshittin.

From my perspective, being a resident New yorker, Knicks will always rule and it has nothing to do with bball record.....

Knicks have a very big and passionate following in ny and that doesn't change just because a team moves here and tries to claim it.

Punk
08-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Knicks. They have more depth, and they played with each other for much longer. Nets were ravaged by injuries, they haven't had a full team yet and been able to develop good chemistry. Knicks will be better defensively, where Wallace is BKN's only prominent defender. Knick's bigmen and their SG's are good defenders

PG - DWilliam, CJ Watson vs Kidd, Felton (BKN Wins)
SG - JJ, Brooks and Bogans vs Smith, Brewer and Shumpert (BKN Wins but not by a lot)
SF - Wallace vs Melo, Novak (NYK Wins)
PF - Hump, Evans vs Amare and Thomas (NYK Wins)
C - Lopez vs Chandler, Camby (NYK Wins)

NYK is more well rounded and have a better defensive coach plus now a good quality PG duo, with veteran Kidd to quarterback their offense
Also, the Knicks aren't done adding free agents either. The depth chart will increase considering they have 2 more roster spots.

Josh Howard, Matt Barnes, Chris Anderson, Kenyon Martin, Donte Greene, Andray Blatche all in the mix for those two spots.

The Nets ran out of money to add a quality Forward and backup C.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Also, the Knicks aren't done adding free agents either. The depth chart will increase considering they have 2 more roster spots.

Josh Howard, Matt Barnes, Chris Anderson, Kenyon Martin, Donte Greene, Andray Blatche all in the mix for those two spots.

The Nets ran out of money to add a quality Forward and backup C.

Nets and Knicks both have the same amount of money to offer my man. Vet min thats it

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Nets and Knicks both have the same amount of money to offer my man. Vet min thats it

they need to get josh howard, he can create his own shot,

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 07:43 PM
they need to get josh howard, he can create his own shot,

Yeah him and Chris Anderson would be nice

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Yea man hopefully by some miracle he can beat those 7% odds

Playoff games are going to be a low percentage of any players career. You trying to deflect the facts off what you deem a small sample size change nothing. Joe Johnson does not perform in the playoffs. You can walk around it all you want. Furthermore, his career numbers are pedestrian, and he was given that money as a complete overreaction to Atlanta possibly losing him. He makes joke money for what he produces. Should we look at the great games Joe Johnson has had in the playoffs? Now that will be a small sample size.

Funny thing is, the two posters who have been the most defiant and childish in this thread towards me are Nets fans, when I even picked the Nets as the better team earlier in the thread. Stop being so defensive and such homers, both of you. It makes you look childish. Players don't suddenly get better when they join your team, and suddenly get worse when they leave. Fans that act like that are literally the most annoying fans out there.

Punk
08-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I respect the classy intelligent Nets fans in the Nets forum. I have no idea why these Net stooges continue to embarrass themselves.

Difference is, the Knicks have no holes to fill and are looking to add guys for depth and injury purposes while the Nets have holes to fill with only the vet min to use.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Playoff games are going to be a low percentage of any players career. You trying to deflect the facts off what you deem a small sample size change nothing. Joe Johnson does not perform in the playoffs. You can walk around it all you want. Furthermore, his career numbers are pedestrian, and he was given that money as a complete overreaction to Atlanta possibly losing him. He makes joke money for what he produces. Should we look at the great games Joe Johnson has had in the playoffs? Now that will be a small sample size

Funny thing is, the two posters who have been the most defiant and childish in this thread towards me are Nets fans, when I even picked the Nets as the better team earlier in the thread. Stop being so defensive and such homers, both of you. It makes you look childish. Players don't suddenly get better when they join your team, and suddenly get worse when they leave. Fans that act like that are literally the most annoying fans out there.

Hmm your right those people riding lebron for his past postseason really looked smart this season.

waveycrockett
08-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I respect the classy intelligent Nets fans in the Nets forum. I have no idea why these Net stooges continue to embarrass themselves.

Difference is, the Knicks have no holes to fill and are looking to add guys for depth and injury purposes while the Nets have holes to fill with only the vet min to use.
Worked for CJ watson.

Knicks pitch "hey come be our 12th man and play for the min" is the difference imo.

BobbyHillSwag
08-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Worked for CJ watson.

Knicks pitch "hey come be our 12th man and play for the min" is the difference imo.

not if the player is a sg, we need an offensive one bad, jr aint gonna cut it

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 09:09 PM

Where all all these minutes going to go?

shump, smith, and brewer are all SGs

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Hmm your right those people riding lebron for his past postseason really looked smart this season.

Your attempts are pathetic at this point. LeBron has continually been the anti-Johnson in the playoffs. You know, great...

I am not sure why you feel the need to defend your players so hard, versus being rational. And honestly, I don't care.

Evolution23
08-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Overweight is not the same for everybody, he could say he's overweight when he's like 5 or 6 pounds over his usual and still be one of the best in shape. People who are concerned with their weight and always in shape like Amare is take it more seriously.

He put on 15 lbs of muscle because he couldn't play basketball so all he did was lift weights.

Punk
08-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm not really understanding how can you build a point with Joe Johnson in the playoffs compared to LeBron.

We're good with JR at SG. We just need a Forward really. Another center would be ideal also.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Your attempts are pathetic at this point. LeBron has continually been the anti-Johnson in the playoffs. You know, great...

I am not sure why you feel the need to defend your players so hard, versus being rational. And honestly, I don't care.

We arent defending we are saying he is good in the playoffs, you on the other hand are saying he is bad. That doesnt make you right or us right. ITs our opinions.

naps
08-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Private votes? Okay.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 09:38 PM
yea joe johnson disappears in the playoffs

WhiteSoxGod
Who gives 2 flying rat's as*es. No one outside of New York cares about these 2 pointlessly ridiculous overrated teams. More New York Bloviating. STFU already geez, you would think the NBA forum is the New York forum.

Losoway
melo is gonna have at least 32-44 on the nets opening night . they are gonna prove a point that they are the best team in new york

NJDrew2
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
People need to remember that Shumpert (a player I really enjoy watching, btw) is going to miss half the season. JR Smith will shoot the Knicks to a victory one night, and shoot them right out of a game the next. Ronnie Brewer is a nice defender but likely won't give them much offense. If you just look at Felton's averages for his career, he hasn't been nearly as bad (or good) as some say- he'll end up right around 12 points, 6 assists, and 3 rebounds. If Amare doesn't get back to his pre-Melo ways I don't see how they vault from the seven/eight seed up to the two seed like so many are predicting.
As far as the Nets, it seems like Wallace is the forgotten man. As a Nets fan, I fully expect him to miss fifteen games or so this year. His nickname is Crash, after all. But he should have a much easier time staying healthy if JJ, D-Will, and Brook can handle the scoring duties. That should make it much easier for Wallace to be the lockdown defender he is capable of.
It's going to be a lot more difficult to figure out a guy like Joe Johnson, though. All the other Nets are going to be secondary scoring options and it won't be a problem. But does that mean D-Will is going to be standing around watching Joe play iso ball? I find it hard to see how anyone can say yes or no until they get out on the court and work together. Both JJ and Deron haven't played with someone this talented in the backcourt together before (excluding D-Will playing for Team USA, which is obviously a different story).
I'm not going to get into to Brook Lopez b/c even though I'm new I've read enough threads about the player he is.

knicks=love
08-06-2012, 10:15 PM

3? if you're counting wallace, that's a joke. and if you're saying amare is done or on the "decline", then wallace has to be as well since he's older.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
the nets doesnt really have any good defenders that can stop melo ....Jr smith....Novak or amare

kris humpries great rebounder. below average defender .
brook lopez will get raped by tyson chandler in the post

wallace is suppose to stop melo? .out of wallace whole career against melo...the least amount of points he has held him to was 16

Losoway
08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Carmelo vs Wallace http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wallage01&p2=anthoca01

Nyc4You
08-06-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe1rUdHZNsM

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 10:49 PM
We arent defending we are saying he is good in the playoffs, you on the other hand are saying he is bad. That doesnt make you right or us right. ITs our opinions.

You are both wrong. Entirely wrong. He makes up sample size excuses not realizing that every players career games have a giant regular season percentage, and you are just completely out of your element attempting to prove anything I post wrong.

Delusion isn't a trait that works well in discussion.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe1rUdHZNsM

its too easy for him

knicksfan42
08-06-2012, 11:15 PM
You are both wrong. Entirely wrong. He makes up sample size excuses not realizing that every players career games have a giant regular season percentage, and you are just completely out of your element attempting to prove anything I post wrong.

Delusion isn't a trait that works well in discussion.

Hawkeye you do understand you're being trolled?

Seriously the lack of the very most basic logical reasoning skills should be a dead giveaway.

You could literally be arguing that Toney Douglas is not the best player in the NBA and I could say "I'm not defending I am saying he is the best player in the league you on the other hand are saying he is bad. That doesnt make you right or us right. ITs our opinions."

If you're going to continue arguing with these imbeciles/trolls you may as well go the semantics route. Say Joe Johnson performs below average for a starter in the playoffs, given his role on the team his performance is in fact significantly below average. Below Average = Objectively Not Good.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Hawkeye you do understand you're being trolled?

Seriously the lack of the very most basic logical reasoning skills should be a dead giveaway.

You could literally be arguing that Toney Douglas is not the best player in the NBA and I could say "I'm not defending I am saying he is the best player in the league you on the other hand are saying he is bad. That doesnt make you right or us right. ITs our opinions."

If you're going to continue arguing with these imbeciles/trolls you may as well go the semantics route. Say Joe Johnson performs below average for a starter in the playoffs, given his role on the team his performance is in fact significantly below average. Below Average = Objectively Not Good.

Of course I understand that. I really don't care, I thought I would call them both out for a little while, I think the site at times need rational introduced into conversations that go south.

Punk
08-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Who gives 2 flying rat's as*es. No one outside of New York cares about these 2 pointlessly ridiculous overrated teams. More New York Bloviating. STFU already geez, you would think the NBA forum is the New York forum.

Jealous are we? Relax. If you were here last year, you would know the forum was filled with Clipper/Laker debates last year as well. It comes with the territory of large markets.

Chill_Will_24
08-06-2012, 11:36 PM
oh, I don't know. Analysts, media, statiticians, coaches, scouts, GM's, agents, you know, the people who run the NBA.

I have literally no interest in what your opinion of me is, but thank you for offering it.

Dude what did i tell you about DMF? Please just do yourself a favor and stop responding

BKLYNpigeon
08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
nets.

DoMeFavors
08-06-2012, 11:50 PM
the nets doesnt really have any good defenders that can stop melo ....Jr smith....Novak or amare

kris humpries great rebounder. below average defender .
brook lopez will get raped by tyson chandler in the post

wallace is suppose to stop melo? .out of wallace whole career against melo...the least amount of points he has held him to was 16

Why dont you check Chandler vs Lopez then :)

and nobody needs to stop JR he shot under 40 percent and Novak is a bum

AsfanSince99
08-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Nets, they got some sweet *** unis.

mrblisterdundee
08-07-2012, 12:05 AM
The Knicks have an advantage in the front court but lack a reasonably young, talented orchestrator, which will eventually give this rivalry to the Nets. I will say this: If Amare plays defense, the Knicks will win.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Nets, they got some sweet *** unis.

Our Jersey's arent even out yet? :confused:

Punk
08-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Why dont you check Chandler vs Lopez then :)

What is there to check? Chandler > Lopez. It's pretty simple.

and nobody needs to stop JR he shot under 40 percent

JR Smith shot 40% in FG percentage. 34% from 3 vs Marshon Brooks shot 41% in FGs. 31% from 3.

You're welcome.

and Novak is a bum

The best NBA 3 point percentage shooter is a bum? I guess with that logic, 90% of the Nets team is full of bums since none of them have shot 46% from 3.