PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Player? ...and would you like him if he were traded to your team?

AsfanSince99
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Who's the player you hate most in the NBA and would you like him if he were on your team? Would Pacer fans like it if Artest became a Pacer again?

As a 6er fan, I use to hate Derrick Coleman, then we got him in a trade and I began to like and pull for him. Can't say the same for Melo though.. I can't stand that guy, and I prefer to root against him than for him. I think he's the biggest prima donna (outside of Dwight) and I like that he will end his career w/o a championship in NY.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Not sure.

I mean I'd cheer for them. Doesn't mean I'd like them.

BobbyHillSwag
08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
wade and i wouldnt cheer for him no matter what. Id stop watchin spurs or knicks if he was traded to them

b@llhog24
08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd root for Kobe if he ended up on the Blazers. :shrug:

AsfanSince99
08-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I would stop following the 6ers if we got Melo and just pull 100% for my 2nd team, the Kings.

Patriotsfan97
08-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Lebron, Howard, Kobe, Melo are probably the most hated right now. I would cheer for all of them if they landed on the Celtics. I don't know about Melo though.... And Kobe would NEVER end up in a Celtic jersey, so I don't have to worry about that.

bucketss
08-05-2012, 05:16 PM
wade and i wouldnt cheer for him no matter what. Id stop watchin spurs or knicks if he was traded to them

a spurs and knick from Louisiana, not really surprising you would jump ship so easily.

avengedchaos5
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
my post will be answered as a big three ( like the whole league is signing right now)

i really hate dwayne wade would not like him as a celtic
i really hate kobe same answer no way
i cannot stand Lebron but "IF" alot changed about him maybe just maybe i could cheer him in green

N3TS
08-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't really hate any players, but if the consensus most hated player played for the nets I would cheer for them, I already have with Kris Humphries.

Minimal
08-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Blake Griffin. Stay away from Miami.

DoMeFavors
08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Once you come to the Nets I cheer for you, no matter who

Slug3
08-05-2012, 06:05 PM
I could not ever cheer for KG if he came to the Heat.

XerxestheGreat
08-05-2012, 06:06 PM
we got Nash now, but before Nash I would have loved to see Rondo in P&G. Even though I hate the Celts!

thechom80
08-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Hawkeye dreams of the day Kobe plays for the Wolves.

BobbyHillSwag
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
My baby daddy is a mascot.

Ok your point?

kobes2good
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
i hate a lot of people but if they have a lot of talent ill have to cheer for them

YashBoone
08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Im not going to be in this thread for too long.

I'll just say I don't hate anyone.

But hands down

Melo
Lebron
And Kobe
Are the three most blindly and ignorantly hated on people in the entire nba.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I hate Kobe with every bit of my being. But my love for my team is far greater then any player. I would root for Kobe if he were on the Wolves, even if it was tough to do at times. I learned my team means more over the past 5 years with KG.

Evolution23
08-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Kevin Garnett, would want him on the Knicks

Evolution23
08-05-2012, 07:43 PM

But hands down

Melo
Lebron
And Kobe

Agree

FraziersKnicks
08-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't understand how anyone can say they would stop rooting for their team if a certain player joined them.. Those people shouldn't be considered real fans.

As Hawkeye said, your love for your team should be far greater than your hate for a player.

bucketss
08-05-2012, 07:58 PM

But hands down

Melo
Lebron
And Kobe

switch melo with dwight and i agree.

YashBoone
08-05-2012, 08:10 PM

But hands down

Melo
Lebron
And Kobe

switch melo with dwight and i agree.

No, people hate Dwight now because of all this bs surrounding him and the trade talks since last season.

But I always thought he was a fan favorite before that.

BklynKnicks3
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM
lecunt james and hell no

smith&wesson
08-05-2012, 08:19 PM
i hate perkins and i wouldh hate it if he was on my team.

i hate harden, but i would love him if he was on my team.

thechom80
08-05-2012, 08:24 PM
I hate Kobe with every bit of my being. But my love for my team is far greater then any player. I would root for Kobe if he were on the Wolves, even if it was tough to do at times. I learned my team means more over the past 5 years with KG.

Couldn't agree more. :clap:

Jint.
08-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Rondo

WhiteSoxGod
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Amare Stoudamire and no I would not, EVER. The guy is garbage straight up, couldn't guard his shadow.

--23--
08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Past: I used to hate Reggie Miller with a passion but I respected him as a player, if that makes since. It's kind of similar to Kobe but i never hated Kobe as much as Reggie. Now If Reggie joined the Bulls I would be forced to like him, I would always root for my team no matter which player is on the team.

Present: I can't think of a guy i hate like that, I don't dislike Dwight, Griffin, KG, Wade or Lebron. Now i did lose some respect from Lebron but i don't hate the guy.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Couldn't agree more. :clap:

Of course you agree. We share the same brain.

IKnowHoops
08-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Dont like Rajon Rhondo. Dont like his attitude, dont like how he freezed out ray. Dont like how he thinks he is better than he really is. I wouldnt want him on the Heat cause I think he may get into a pissing contest with Lebron and Wade. But if he did come to the heat and he used is incredible passing ability to make Wade,Bron and Bosh better, Id be cheering hard for him. Hed become my boy.

NYYCowboys
08-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Lebron and KG are my two most hated players, and I would root for both on the Knicks.

avengedchaos5
08-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Dont like Rajon Rhondo. Dont like his attitude, dont like how he freezed out ray. Dont like how he thinks he is better than he really is. I wouldnt want him on the Heat cause I think he may get into a pissing contest with Lebron and Wade. But if he did come to the heat and he used is incredible passing ability to make Wade,Bron and Bosh better, Id be cheering hard for him. Hed become my boy.

rondo did not freeze out ray. ray left on his own cuz his ego

IgglesFanInCO
08-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I dont hate any players excessively, as a nugget fan melo kinda hurt me but he had his reasons and that **** is way overblown so I still root for him, i really dont see any legitimate reason to hate the guy outside of hating people for overrating him and a few "exaggerated by the media type" semi-stupid comments

On a similar note i dislike Griffin for that same idea of being insanely overrated, not even a top 5 PF in the game and its arguable where he sits after that, I would even go as far as saying that last year he wasnt top 10

Love for a team should come before ANYTHING else, I would root for anyone if they were on my team, that goes for any sport, doesnt mean I would like them though

GoPacers33
08-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Who's the player you hate most in the NBA and would you like him if he were on your team? Would Pacer fans like it if Artest became a Pacer again?

As a 6er fan, I use to hate Derrick Coleman, then we got him in a trade and I began to like and pull for him. Can't say the same for Melo though.. I can't stand that guy, and I prefer to root against him than for him. I think he's the biggest prima donna (outside of Dwight) and I like that he will end his career w/o a championship in NY.

**** no!

Steelers23_06
08-05-2012, 10:41 PM
dwight howard. i thought he was a chill guy til dwightmare. i literally have refused to post in a dwight thread until he is traded. i hate this situation way more then melos bc melo didnt sign an extension. its like a 1st degree murder you cant say well we made the plan i didnt wanna do it AT ALL but then i pulled the trigger...LIFEEEE lol. and in all seriousness i wouldnt like it if miami got him unless they traded wade for him(i would MUCH rather have wade bc of what i said previously) but i feel thats the only way it could work on the court i think it would be a better team but i like wade wayyyyy more. but you gotta admit bosh would play amazing next to dwight but it would be so unfair the NBA would be lame

AKAYaReal
08-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Im a diehard fan of my team. There has been a number of players I couldnt stand and would give them their props on the good nights, and rip them a new one on their bad nights.

Im a fan of my team so whoever they get, I ride with them. Thats a reason why I dont respect fans of just players that flip flop their fav team because of where they play.

tp13baby
08-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Melo. He was okay when he played here but now I can't stand him.

JR Smith. Most worthless player out there.

tp13baby
08-05-2012, 11:19 PM

Rajon is my favorite player in the league. Most exciting to watch. I would kill to have him on Denver.

justinnum1
08-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Rajon is my favorite player in the league. Most exciting to watch. I would kill to have him on Denver.

would you do a farried and lawson for rondo deal?

Blitzbolt
08-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Blake Griffin but I have to blame the Media for this one they try sell him to us just because he dunks.That and the Flopping CP3 develop in the clippers he use to play fair before now all he does is dunk and Flop.

Kevin Love- Same thing the media try's to sell us their only average white player for no reason he is a statbooster on a BAD BAD team.He even quit on his teamates after Rubio when down-Garabage

popo85
08-05-2012, 11:38 PM
i hate perkins and i wouldh hate it if he was on my team.

i hate harden, but i would love him if he was on my team.

same here

ACanadian
08-05-2012, 11:41 PM
I would not be happy if T.O got KG

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I dont think I really hate anyone in the league, so it's tough to say who I wouldnt want on my team. If it was someone who I hated as a person, I would not want them on my team no matter how good he would make them.

The only example I can think of this late is Vick. Definitely the athlete I hate the most and would never want him on the Jets.

As much as I hate the way Lebron went about his whole FA ordeal, I certainly dont hate him. I would welcome him on the Knicks no questions asked.

Hate is a strong term, and I think its somewhat to really hate an athlete, especially one that no one really knows.

Losoway
08-06-2012, 12:05 AM
smh @ the melo hate

you dudes would cream if melo was on your team

thechom80
08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Blake Griffin but I have to blame the Media for this one they try sell him to us just because he dunks.That and the Flopping CP3 develop in the clippers he use to play fair before now all he does is dunk and Flop.

Kevin Love- Same thing the media try's to sell us their only average white player for no reason he is a statbooster on a BAD BAD team.He even quit on his teamates after Rubio when down-Garabage

Just going to sit here and laugh.

Honestly, like Hawk had said earlier, I'm a fan of my team first and will support them no matter who is on the squad. Unlllllless.......Ron Artest were on the team. **** him.

javaid64
08-06-2012, 02:06 AM
rondo did not freeze out ray. ray left on his own cuz his ego

i hated melo/smith with a passion after the brawl against the knicks couple years ago....still a knick fan..

being a fan...mean being a fan through everything...from best to worst....no jumping ship...could be the worst of the worst....but always a knick fan 4 life

bucketss
08-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Im sorry homie but I got to get mine :cool:

My baby daddy is a mascot.

Gambeezy
08-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Past: I used to hate Reggie Miller with a passion but I respected him as a player, if that makes since. It's kind of similar to Kobe but i never hated Kobe as much as Reggie. Now If Reggie joined the Bulls I would be forced to like him, I would always root for my team no matter which player is on the team.

Present: I can't think of a guy i hate like that, I don't dislike Dwight, Griffin, KG, Wade or Lebron. Now i did lose some respect from Lebron but i don't hate the guy.

It's pretty amazing you managed to gain his respect in the first place.. You should take it as a compliment ;)

SportsFanatic10
08-06-2012, 02:38 AM
kobe is good, but not as good as advertised and i hate that *****. he doesn't know how to play team ball and is cocky and a jack*** off the court. if the heat somehow ended up with him i'd be seriously confused as to what to do. i don't think i could ever cheer for him, hes been living off his name and making first all nba teams among other awards without deserving it for a while now. f kobe. he puts on this big act like hes the sh** and works out so hard on the public court just to get attention. so ridiculous, and he thinks hes the best because hes been on great teams his whole career.

naps
08-06-2012, 02:47 AM
kobe is good, but not as good as advertised and i hate that *****. he doesn't know how to play team ball and is cocky and a jack*** off the court. if the heat somehow ended up with him i'd be seriously confused as to what to do. i don't think i could ever cheer for him, hes been living off his name and making first all nba teams among other awards without deserving it for a while now. f kobe. he puts on this big act like hes the sh** and works out so hard on the public court just to get attention. so ridiculous, and he thinks hes the best because hes been on great teams his whole career.

How did you know my words? You are my long lost twin.

Bruno
08-06-2012, 02:51 AM
:laugh2:

anyone who wouldn't continue to root for their own team needs to reevaluate their status as a sports fan.

naps
08-06-2012, 02:58 AM
:laugh2:

anyone who wouldn't continue to root for their own team needs to reevaluate their status as a sports fan.

Agreed. That's absurd to think of stop rooting for the team just because of one player. Players come and go, franchise stays. The max is you can never really root for him even if he's on your team but that's about it.

NYKnicksAllDay
08-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Hard to pinpoint most my hated. Most come from the Celtics or Heat. But if they played for the Knicks I'd cheer like crazy for them.

BHF
08-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Rondo/Garnett/Pierce 3 guys i would hate on my team

SportsFanatic10
08-06-2012, 03:33 AM
How did you know my words? You are my long lost twin.

:cheers:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 03:50 AM

Exactly how is Melo a prima-dona? A Prima-Donna because, the media stayed on top of the story? and reported every small thing that Melo did? What exactly did CARMELO do to give himself that stigma?

-He was playing out his contract
-Never demanded a trade
-FO was aware of his not wanting to resign, didn't leave the franchise in the dark, and allowed them to get peices in return for him
-Never said the wrong things in interviews

What would you have liked that he'd done differently? Maybe, sit out half the season? Maybe have a special announcing where he was gonna go? And not letting Denver have the opportunity to aquire useful peices. Please explain to me, cuz I honestly have no idea where all this Carmelo Anthony hate comes from. It's usually the top guys in the league who are the most loved, and most hated. And It's pretty common around these forums to see Carmelo "isn't in the top 10?" but yet people are so quick to hate on him? If he has no relevance, why the hate?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2012, 03:52 AM
i hated melo/smith with a passion after the brawl against the knicks couple years ago....still a knick fan..

being a fan...mean being a fan through everything...from best to worst....no jumping ship...could be the worst of the worst....but always a knick fan 4 life

Haha I remembe I disliked Nate Robinson, and Mardy Collins for the longest time after the brawl!

simba
08-06-2012, 03:58 AM
The player I dislike most is Jeremy Lin... I dislike him mainly because of his fans and the hype that he gets despite being an okay player. I wouldn't be happy if he were on the Celtics because his annoying fans would suggest that it's Lin's team, that Lin is better than Rondo, etc. The only reason I'd support him is if he is a good backup PG to Rondo and gives Rondo resting time.

BklynKnicks3
08-06-2012, 08:26 AM
How can u hate a guy like Melo who dropes 30 and smiles like its nothing people are clowns

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2012, 08:44 AM
How can u hate a guy like Melo who dropes 30 and smiles like its nothing people are clowns

Because he is on New York and hasnt won a championship.

Not everyone has to be loved, I cant name many athletes who are unanimously loved.

thenaj17
08-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Already just happened this offseason...yes you guessed it, Antawn...only jk.

I always referred to Nash as a Boss-eyed Canadian C u n t. Now he is our best hope of a championship so support him like 1 of our own!

Hawkeye15
08-06-2012, 09:33 AM
how can anyone hate Nash? How is that possible?

eternal slumber
08-06-2012, 09:57 AM
i really hate Griffin and Terry but if ever they wore a Rocket jersey, ill cheer for them.

dee279
08-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Luke Walton and i just dont like him because idk how he is still in the NBA. Dude literally sucks. And i think Bill is the only guy that roots for him. I mean really. I do t hate any good players. It suck players that i dont like.

nyKnicks126
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Paul Pierce.. I just don't like him, and no I wouldn't want him in NY..

Wade.. I welcome you here..

Htownballa1622
08-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I HATE KEVIN GARNETT.
If he came to the Rockets I would still cheer for my team BUT I wouldn't acknowledge anything he did to help. I ******** HATE that b*+@#. He's a sorry human being. The day he retires I'll be so happy.

Every year he fails to win a chip, its like I've won it all.

08 was a $#!++& year :cool:

SouthSideRookie
08-06-2012, 10:47 AM
i really hate Griffin and Terry but if ever they wore a Rocket jersey, ill cheer for them.

Terry is a bigtime Rocket killer, couldn't stand him at all. I'd have to say Dwight Howard for now.

King41
08-06-2012, 12:47 PM
how can anyone hate Nash? How is that possible?

don't know too

goose14741
08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Andrew bynum, always in kobes way, moans about everything, would hate him on the knicks

bucketss
08-06-2012, 01:18 PM

i think you need to surgically remove your nose from melos rear end. :cool:

JLynn943
08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Kobe is who I hate most. I don't think I could ever like him even if he joined the Kings. I'd cheer for the team, and if that means wanting Kobe to put up 30 in a win, so be it, but I would never like him unless he carried us to a championship. He (well, the refs) stole one from us, so he'd have to pay it back.

Stinkyoutsider
08-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Artest and yeah I would root for him if he came back to Chicago. I liked how hard he worked as a young player but all of his antics and cheap shots over the years make me hate the guy.

Oh yeah, and Mr. Kardashian himself. Not because of his game. Because he's got a hot wife.

meloman1592
08-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Paul pierce. I still have no idea how he ever scores being that slow. No i would not want him on the knicks

eternal slumber
08-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Terry is a bigtime Rocket killer, couldn't stand him at all. I'd have to say Dwight Howard for now.

i know, he plays like a man possessed against us. it's kinda his thing.

Burgo
08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Most hated player has to be LBJ, but not because he's an unbelievable player, more so due to that Decision fiasco and the way he screwed the small time team to form a super team. Still, if he ended up on the Knicks there's no way I couldn't get excited about everything he does on the court!

thechom80
08-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Artest and yeah I would root for him if he came back to Chicago. I liked how hard he worked as a young player but all of his antics and cheap shots over the years make me hate the guy.

Oh yeah, and Mr. Kardashian himself. Not because of his game. Because he's got a hot wife.

I didn't realize Kanye played in the NBA.

knicks4life33
08-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Lebron james =)

AsfanSince99
08-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Exactly how is Melo a prima-dona? A Prima-Donna because, the media stayed on top of the story? and reported every small thing that Melo did? What exactly did CARMELO do to give himself that stigma?

-He was playing out his contract
-Never demanded a trade
-FO was aware of his not wanting to resign, didn't leave the franchise in the dark, and allowed them to get peices in return for him
-Never said the wrong things in interviews

What would you have liked that he'd done differently? Maybe, sit out half the season? Maybe have a special announcing where he was gonna go? And not letting Denver have the opportunity to aquire useful peices. Please explain to me, cuz I honestly have no idea where all this Carmelo Anthony hate comes from. It's usually the top guys in the league who are the most loved, and most hated. And It's pretty common around these forums to see Carmelo "isn't in the top 10?" but yet people are so quick to hate on him? If he has no relevance, why the hate?
He claimed to be all good with Lin, then when he left, rips the kid in the USA Today article.

And who the FK does he think he is doing that Jordan shrug after hitting all those 3's last Olympic game? He aint Jordan. He needs to stop perpetratin.

MVPKOBE43
08-07-2012, 12:22 AM
I would stop following the 6ers if we got Melo and just pull 100% for my 2nd team, the Kings.

:facepalm:76ers? kings? sigh. when will people hold ownership accountable and stop rooting for the pathetic teams they put together. If you want your scrub team to EVER win a Championship.......... :mad::mad:STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON THEM AND THE OWNERS WILL PUT A BETTER PRODUCT ON THE FLOOR FOR YOU!!! LONG LIVE L.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

naps
08-07-2012, 01:07 AM

True and honest answer is because he's a Knick. Why does Knicks stars get hated? Not because they are good but because they become supremely overrated once put on that Knicks uniform. Nobody really hated or disliked Melo before he got in New York because he was never overrated in Denver. Now one good scoring night is celebrated like a championship in New York.

Oh and posters like you contribute a lot too. You overrate the **** outta Melo.

Showtime Steve
08-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Paul pierce. It would be hard but i respect his game but i prolly would. Blake griffin absolutely not.

JWO35
08-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Derrick Rose, he's probably better than anyone on our team with his injury :pity:

StephenP
08-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Lamar Odom is my most hated and I found it very hard to root for him as a Mav.

Good riddance