PDA

View Full Version : Jazz & Millsap talking 3 year extension. Will this limit Favors to reach potential?

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54630950-62/millsap-jazz-utah-season.html.csp

Favors/Jefferson/Kanter should be their PF/C rotation.

If Favors started and got starters minutes he would be a rising star

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 06:49 PM
They might use Favors as trade bait,why would they sign Milsap longterm if he plays the same position as Favors?

Chronz
08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Maybe alil but in terms of growing as a player, Ive always been a believer in the no excuse rule. Nothing should stop him from being an impact player in the minutes he gets.

LakersMaster24
08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Jefferson, Millsap, Favors and Kanter...when are they going to trade one of them already?!

shep33
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
They need to trade Jefferson. Millsap, Kanter, and Favors is a solid rotation. Trade Al for some picks or some help on the perimeter.

justinnum1
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
favors has a ton of pottential. they need to trade jefferson
jefferson for turner and a pick

dhopisthename
08-04-2012, 06:56 PM
favors will likely start for the jazz this year with millsap either playing off of the bench or at the 3 spot. also, millsap or jefferson would probably be traded if A. they were kanter was ready, and B. they were given a fair offer. neither has happened

fadedmario
08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I don't see anything special with Favors.

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't see anything special with Favors.

Did you watch him play this season? He avg 9pts and 6.5 rebs in 21 minutes!!!

If he had starters minutes he would be a stud

Losoway
08-04-2012, 07:19 PM
very stupid move. i would build around Favors not give millsap a extension

fadedmario
08-04-2012, 07:19 PM

Dude - your sig is spot on and perfect.

fadedmario
08-04-2012, 07:21 PM

If this is true - they should get rid of Milsap. Milsap eats up the minutes.

smith&wesson
08-04-2012, 07:28 PM
they have a log jam someones gotta be the odd man out..

hmmm wonder what favors trade value would be or even kanters..

birdmann5
08-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Offering Milsap was smart he will decline his max ext. offer of 3 years 25 mil. Jazz have a lot of Cap space next off season. They at least showed him that they are interested in him. Jefferson has an expiring contract as well. Milsap can also play some 3 and Favors can play some 5. Regardless next offseason one of Utah's bigs will go.

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Jazz need a passing PG big time like Calderon

Passing PG
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Jefferson

Kanter: 6th man

Would be my squad!

IndyRealist
08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I suspect Jefferson gets moved and Favors plays center. Milsap is one of the better PF's in the league.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Jefferson and his $15 million are off the books after this year. Favors will continue to play around half the game, and needs to make the Utah front office and coaching staff comfortable letting Jefferson walk next summer.

It's up to Favors.

Trueblue2
08-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Once he's extended his trade value will rise. He has a combination of talent and size that not a lot of people have in today's NBA, I don't think it's a terrible idea to hold on to Milsap for at least another year and see how they perform with him. They do need to get rid of one of their bigs but I don't think they're 100% on which one, it should be one of Jefferson or Milsap but I could understand why they would hold on to both of them for another year or so.

At the moment Kanter and Favors are being judged on their potential and not necessarily their performance, the Jazz should make a run this year and see what they need to do from there. They have a lot of upcoming youth, but they also have a lot of talented pieces that would be perfect compliments for a star. If after this season they feel like they could land a borderline star player in exchange for some of their young pieces then it would make sense to hold on to their more experienced players and trade away their young up and comers. But if they feel like there is nobody on the market worth mortgaging their future for they should trade away Jefferson and/or Milsap for more young promising players/high draft picks and hand the reigns over to Kanter/Favors.

Who they trade will depend on the likelihood of them adding a marquee player through trade. Whether they trade young pieces for a star/legit #1 option or they trade Jefferson/Milsap for a young player to build around they will still be able to surround said player with a great deal of talent. They're in the unique position of being able to trade for a marquee player without completely gutting their roster.

Losoway
08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
al jefferson was balling out of his mind last year . they would be crazy to move him

he was on my fantasy team . 35- 40 points a fantasy game easy

MrfadeawayJB
08-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I would trade him if i'm utah. A log jam at pf/c

beasted86
08-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Jefferson has the most value as an expiring contract and a premier go-to scorer. If they are extending Millsap expect Big Al to get traded.

Evolution23
08-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Jefferson and his $15 million are off the books after this year. Favors will continue to play around half the game, and needs to make the Utah front office and coaching staff comfortable letting Jefferson walk next summer.

It's up to Favors.

Favors will learn a lot from Jefferson. It's wise to keep him for at least half a year.

Bulls_fan90
08-05-2012, 06:11 AM
al jefferson was balling out of his mind last year . they would be crazy to move him

he was on my fantasy team . 35- 40 points a fantasy game easy

Great way to judge a player. Your basketball knowledge is beyond advanced. :clap:

STL Don
08-05-2012, 06:27 AM
I agree they should trade Jefferson. There's gotta be one team out there intrigued enough to pay the contract. Let Millsap, Favors and Kanter grow together. They can only get so far with the roster they have now, they might as well get pieces back for Jefferson and continue to rebuild.

I really do like the young players they have in Marvin Williams, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Kanter and Alec Burks.
Millsap, Foye and Mo are nice experienced vets that can contribute at a high level as well.